Stores > Skyo

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
2017-01-03

Don't count on this company

"On December 28, 2016, I ordered a college textbook for my son, and received an "Order Confirmation." On January 3rd, 2017, I get an email stating that they cancelled my order because they don't have the book. It took them SIX DAYS to discover that they don't even have the book!!! Meanwhile, 3 other textbooks, ordered that same day, have already arrived. Thank you TEXTBOOKS.COM & RENTBOOKS.COM. I won't be shopping with Skyo ever again!!!"

This review was modified by namadio on January 03 2017 05:58:32 PM

2016-10-14

Been waiting over 2 months for a refund for a textbook that they didn't even have in stock to sell!!

" I ordered 3 books for my son on Aug.14. On Aug 18. Skyo sent an email stating that one of the books wasn't in stock. I was charged the full amount anyway and told that I would receive a refund of the textbook that wasn't in stock. It is now Oct. 14 and they still have not refunded my $61.80 that they owe me for a book that they didn't even have in stock to sell. After several emails that were either ignored or didn't answer my question of what happened to my refund, I called the BBB whom they ignored. I then proceeded to turn this into the Attorney General's Office (Nothing yet). There is a 90 day window to turn this in as a fraudulent charge on my credit card, so that's what I finally did. I received a call and an email 2 days ago from someone that I believe to be Skyo's legal department and was assured that I should receive an refund within 24 hours. In the meantime, my bank has credited my account and they are still waiting for Skyo to fork over the refund. I believe I got a phone call from their legal department because of my bank pushing on the fraudulent charge. I managed to get through by phone once to Skyo and was told this was because they were having technical difficulties. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, experience. This has sucked up so much of my time over nearly 2 months. BEWARE OF THIS SCREWED UP, FRAUDULENT COMPANY! Don't forget about the 90 day window to act with your bank! I see many others are going through this also. I'm sure they will post some lame excuse under my post, but there is no excuse for ignoring emails, ignoring the BBB, and having to wait over 2 months for a textbook that they had no business advertising for sale because they didn't have it in the first place!! NO CUSTOMER SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!! I hope that I helped someone through posting this. I basically loaned them $61.80 for 2 months unwillingly. I think they owe me interest and money for all of the time I have spent trying to get my refund!"

This review was modified by CollegeMom1 on October 14 2016 01:36:11 PM

2016-09-29

Negative Stars - Fraudulent Company - Nonresponsive - Very Frustrating!!!

"I ordered two books, One was cancelled but no refund was issued as promised. After 3 emails and 2 weeks I finally got a response that a refund was manually issued but after waiting a week still no refund. It's been one month since the book was canceled and NO REFUND! I received the other book and returned it. Tracking shows the book was delivered 9 days ago and no refund or response from skyo about status of return. I emailed three days ago and no response even though automated email says they respond in one business day! Steer clear of this company. With so many cancelled orders, this is a ways for them to steal money when they don't refund the money!!! There is no phone number to contact a live person -- only a contact form on website but since 2 weeks ago it does not 'submit' anymore."

This review was modified by jayjay88 on September 29 2016 02:43:02 PM

2016-09-27

worst experience ever

"Worst company I have ever ordered from. I placed an order for a text book on September 8th and received a confirmation email. I opted for expedited shipping because me class was starting. I allowed 10 business days before I contacted customer service in regards to my book not arriving. This was on the 19th. On the 20th I send another message and finally received a return message informing me that my order was cancelled. I checked my online order multiple times and is said pending. Even on the 19th when I sent the 1st message it said pending. On the 20th, many days after the book should have arrived your customer service team informs me that the order was canceled due to inventory no longer available. But when I go to the website its still available. I contacted Skyo customer service one more time on the 20th and still no response. Horrible customer service. No real person to talk to to resolve issues in a timely manner. And i wasn't even offered a discount to rectify the situation. I will be blasting you across the internet and hope all of this was worth it. A discounted digital version or expedited shipping for another book would have solved the problem easily. I hope your business suffers tremendously just as my grades have from not having my textbook. "

2016-09-21

"I ordered a book 8 days ago and am sent an email today saying that the book was no longer in inventory. I don't understand how it takes 8 days to realize that. They're refunding me the money but I still find it horrible customer service."

This review was modified by cmk14 on September 21 2016 09:25:03 AM

2016-09-16

Order thru ANY PLACE ELSE

"Ordered 3 books through this sham company, received two and after 10 days they emailed me saying the last book order had been cancelled. i am still waiting for my refund, its been well over a month. Their website assures refunds within 2-5 business days. I have emailed FIVE times with no response (though each time they send me a generic email saying theyll get back to me within 1 day) Im furious, now this tiny required handbook has cost me almost 90 dollars total since i had to reorder through another company. There is no customer service number to be found. what a joke. Sounds like this is a recurring issue with skyo, if i had read these reviews beforehand i never wouldve ordered through them. Do yourself a favor and AVOID AT ALL COSTS."

This review was modified by Lhaggie on September 16 2016 07:37:00 PM

2016-09-14

What a Joke

"Ordered a book on 8/25/16 and it shipped out 08/26/16 I requested expedited shipping... but the book was shipped 7-11 days with no tracking # smh, I then called in to try and cancel the order on 09/08/16 but was told I couldn't do so since the book had already shipped so I would just have to return it, I just checked the status of the order and it turns out it shipped on 09/12 4 days after I asked to cancel and refund me the money! The Book should be arriving this Saturday but then I have to wait however long for the refund. I would not recommend this site and I will never again order from here."

This review was modified by Dmunoz21212121 on September 14 2016 01:43:55 PM

2016-09-13

Never will you the service again

"I ordered two textbooks from this website. One was sent to me within reasonable time. The second book after waiting around for a week was cancelled. It has been weeks since my book has been cancelled and I have yet to receive a refund on my credit card. I have attempted to contact the company multiple times with no response. I am very disappointed with the customer service with this company and lack of response to their customers that I will never use this service again. "

2016-09-10

This is directed at the Skyo Rep.

"I could bore you all with my tale of woe, simply reiterating an apparently all too common story that "my order got cancelled and customer service sent me a form response...." This is all true, but I think it a better use of this space to ask of the Skyo representative who responds to these comments a question. I have sent four emails about my cancelled book and my desire for a refund. I have received a canned response to only one of my inquiries telling me that my credit card would not have been charged. It was, and I want my refund. So. Here's my question. How do I get the attention of a human being at your company? If you give me some clap-trap about your "FAQ" section, I will be rather put out."

This review was modified by Ian_Lindeman on September 10 2016 07:40:30 AM

2016-09-07

awful

"Ordered a textbook, order confirmed. After 5 days they informed that the order is cancelled because they don't have that book. Then I wrote that I can't see their refund in my transaction history, they promised to contact me within 1 business day and didn't. Still waiting."

2016-09-02

Website claims book in stock

"Ordered a textbook for a class and paid for expedited shipping. They notified me 3 days later that the book was not available. At the time of ordering they claimed to have 8 copies available. I would not patronize them in the future. Totally unreliable. "

This review was modified by Karl4986 on September 02 2016 11:28:21 PM

WASTE OF TIME

"Like so many other dissatisfied customers I had my order cancelled. What good are low prices if you can't get what you need? Now I have to find the book elsewhere and I won't have it in time for class. Maybe you'll have better luck but I doubt it. I won't be using them again. "

2016-09-02

TERRIBLE! They will not send your order!

"This is Follett bookstores acting as a middle man. They are selling books that they don't currently have in stock, but will try and source after you order. They have cancelled TWO of my orders and waited 8 DAYS to inform me. HORRIBLE customer service. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH!!!! AND NO ONE RESPONDED, IT WAS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL. THAT BASICALLY SAID, OH WELL, TOO BAD. JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FORM THIS COMPANY! "

This review was modified by vsccbooks on September 06 2016 07:51:24 AM

2016-08-31

Cancelled my order without telling me

"Horrible customer service. I ordered a textbook through them and had not heard back from them in over a week. I contacted them, only to find out they had cancelled my order the day after I ordered it, but failed to notify me. My order was time relevant and now I need to expedite ship a book in order to get it by the first day of class."

2016-08-31

SKYO is a NONO!!

"Paid premium shipping still don't have book. FINALLY AFTER MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS got email saying sorry but book isn't in stock and they're refunding money.

Haven't seen refund yet.

HORRIBLE COMPANY.

**********FOLLOWUP SEPTEMBER &***********************
Book was ordered AUGUST 22. WITH PREMIUM SHIPPING.

ORDER WAS CANCELLED -- August 29. Remember the premium shipping part?? Yea.

NOW SEPTEMBER 7. STILL NO REFU ND.

THIS COMPANY ****. Thinking about getting my lawyer involved to get my refund.

This review was modified by craigruss372 on September 07 2016 07:59:24 AM

Share Skyo's store rating

Skyo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Skyo is not a merchant member
Skyo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!