Stores > Sixth Avenue Electronics / 6th Ave

• Fax: 973-467-2286

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-02-20

Don't Do It! Not worth the stress

"Ill try to make my long story short for you. I purchased a camera, $266. Under warranty it broke, I sent it in, They tried to charge me $60 for repair or not give my camera back. I didn't pay that because I had a one year warranty guarantee. After much agony on the phone they decided to mail "my" camera back, which ended up having a different serial number and was broken. I still don't have my camera, they stole it in my opinion. Very rude on the phone, not a professional business. Now I have police involved for stolen property. "

This review was modified by janezegar on February 20 2016 10:54:08 AM

2015-11-09

"NEVER SHOP WITH THEM AGAIN... ONE & DONE

BEFORE I BEGIN.. BE WARY OF ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE THATS ONLY AVAILABLE DURING THE HOURS OF 10AM TO 3PM (5 HRS) WEEKDAYS ONLY. ALSO IF YOU ARE BEING TRANSFERRED TO A "MANAGER" AND IT LAST LONGER THAN 10MIN GET READY FOR A DOOZY OF AN EXPLANATION

I PURCHASED THIS ITEM ON A MONDAY 7:30AM. BEFORE I MADE THE ORDER, IT STATED THAT THE ITEM HAD MORE THAN 10 AVAILABLE AND THE LOCATION IS THE U.S.A. GRANTED IT GAVE A SHIPPING DATE AS LITTLE AS 3 DAYS TO APPROX 14 DAYS TO RECEIVE. WHEN I WAS ABOUT MAKE THE PURCHASE, I MADE SURE TO LOCATE WHERE THE STORE IS. ONCE I FOUND OUT THAT IT IS IN THE EAST COAST, I FIGURED MOST LIKELY EVEN IN GROUND SHIPPING IT WON'T TAKE BUT A FEW DAYS. SO THE 3 DAY WINDOW WAS A TIME I FELT I WOULD GET IT (BOY WAS I WRONG).

WHEN THE NEXT DAY PAST, I LOOKED IN MY EBAY ACCOUNT AND SAW NO ACTION HAS BEEN MADE. 24 HRS HAS PAST AND STILL NO UPDATE! I CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THIS GUY TELLS ME THAT THE PRODUCT IS UNAVAILABLE IN STOCK AND THEY ARE WAITING FOR MORE PRODUCT LATER IN THE WEEK. I EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT AS WE SPOKE, IT IS SHOWING THAT THE ITEM IS AVAILABLE ON EBAY. THERE IS NOTHING STATING THAT THE ITEM IS BACKORDERED. I HUNG UP AND BEGAN TO WRITE THEM A LATER VIA EBAY. NOT TWO HOURS LATER, I RECEIVED A NOTICE THAT A LABEL WAS MADE AND ITEM WAS SHIPPED OUT.

UPDATE.. ITS BEEN TWO DAYS AND ITS STILL SHOWING ON UPS THAT NO ITEM HAS YET BEEN DROPPED OFF TO THEM TO BE SHIPPED. I CALLED THE COMPANY AGAIN, WAS TRANSFERRED TO THERE "MANAGER" WHICH TOOK ABOUT 10MIN ON HOLD. HER RESPONSE WAS CLASSIC.. APPARENTLY, THE CAMERA IS IN STOCK.. HOWEVER, THE PRODUCT THEY GOT IS IN JAPANESE LANGUAGE. HOW A COMPANY OF THAT SIZE CAN MESS UP AN ORDER AND GET JAPANESE LANGUAGE IS BEYOND ME. NEVERTHELESS, WHY NOT LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW THAT SOMETHING WAS SCREWED UP. WHICH HER RESPONSE WAS, "WELL YOU THAT BEFORE YOU MADE THE ORDER, YOU HAD A 3 DAY TO 14 DAY WINDOW" WHICH I RESPONDED BACK, WELL MA'AM WHILE YOU ARE CORRECT, LETS SAY FOR HUMOR SAKE IF THE ITEM "WASN'T" JAPANESE LANGUAGE WHEN WILL MY SHIPMENT BE SENT OUT, SHE SAID IMMEDIATELY.. SO IF THE COMPANY MESSES UP, WE AS A CONSUMER SUFFERS.... AFTER THAT I HUNG UP.

I'VE ORDERED FROM PLACES IN CALIFORNIA USING GROUND, IT DIDN'T TAKE MORE THAN 3 DAYS. WHY A COMPANY THAT KEEPS STATING THEY HAVE WAREHOUSE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, WILL SHIP AN ITEM AND IT WILL TAKE PROBABLY 2 WEEKS IS BEYOND ME.

FYI: APPARENTLY IF A COMPANY PRINTS A LABEL OUT, DOESN'T NECESSARY MEAN THEY HAVE TO SHIP IT OUT. THAT WAS TOLD UPON ME OVER THE PHONE.

UPDATE A WEEK LATER... ITEM STILL HAS NOT BEEN SHIPPED OUT. CUSTOMER SERVICE TOLD ME THEY DO NOT KNOW WHEN ITEM WILL BE INSTOCK.

MY FIRST AND LAST TIME I WILL EVER USE THIS COMPANY.. UTTER NONSENSE

2015-07-12

"I purchased a camera with accessories from the 6th Avenue Express eBay store. I thought it was unusual that there were certain product elements missing like a plastic film on the glass LCD screen and a sealed label over the lip of the camera box. On testing the camera it proved defective. While they "stated" they would refund the camera, they have stalled for two weeks about getting the shipping label to me for the refund. eBay only keeps documentation now so you have to skip them and go directly to Paypal and your credit card company for best results. I also filed a detailed account with http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey. I am currently pursuing a refund in order that I obtain a reliable camera instead of "grey merchandise.""

This review was modified by THRO_RANGER on July 12 2015 07:10:22 AM

2015-03-25

"I received Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Digital Camera + 2 Batteries, 32GB & More as ordered. My only problem was it took them a few days to ship the order, otherwise I'm happy."

This review was modified by JoeC- on March 25 2015 08:33:01 AM

2014-11-07

"I order a Sony RX100-MII package from 6ave and promptly received the items. However, after using it for a few weeks, the camera started to make strange noises. I asked 6ave customer service if I can return them and get a full refund. They said of course and even sent me a shipping label. After the returned, it has already been 100 days and I have yet to receive my refund. Efforts to contact their customer service only got a run around. Now, they said the camera is being sent out for repair and will be returned back to me asap. Serious? It takes over 100 days to fix the camera? I was told I would get a refund. So now, I have no camera and no refund. This is by far the worst experience I have had with Amazon."

2014-09-20

"If you're looking for a retailer who bends over backwards to make the customers experience a positive one don't expect any flexibility from 6ave. They sold me (on Ebay) an SDHC memory card (16 gb)....my only mistake was trusting that the card was good (the label said Toshiba 16 gb), and that 6ave was a respectable operation. So I stored it away until I needed it. Well I needed 14 months later only to find the SDHC card was not 16, but 4 gb. I am guilty of exceeding their 30 day return policy. If that were the only issue I'd accept the the fact that I screwed up, licking my wounds. But when false advertising enters the picture and over charging, this becomes a whole new matter. Well they got their money and made no effort to rectify the matter. Only letting me know that I was screwed."

This review was modified by whgun51 on September 21 2014 03:14:36 AM

2013-12-30

"Awful. Product never arrived. No tracking information provided. Filed a claim with amazon."

This review was modified by xcalx9 on December 30 2013 04:52:05 PM

2012-09-21

"DISGUSTING DISHONEST CRIMINAL --- THIS COMPANY 6TH AVE ELECTRONICS SELLS EXTENDED WARRANTIES KNOWING THEY WILL NOT BE HONORED --- THEY MAY ALSO BE SELLING USED PRODUCTS AS NEW --- NO CUSTOMER SERVICE ---- YUK -- STAY FAR AWAY FROM THEM-- A $ AND TOSHIBA TOO A $ 1000 TOSHIBA TV SHOULD NOT BREAK DOWN IN LESS THAN 3 YEARS --- SOMETHING STINKS -- BEWARE"

2011-11-19

"Ordered on 06/03/2010 and meant to do the review for a while. It was easy to order. Good price, good packaging, and product was as described. The Denon 1910-AVR I bought from 6ave is still going strong.

2011-11-16

"Stargate Electronics in Farmingdale
(631) 465-0900
Is working with 6th ave Customers with there warranties

Cant believe they just screwed all these customers ... Is there a class action lawsuit against them

2011-10-27

"The place is OUT OF BUSINESS !!!!!!!

If you had some issues with them : Well, You are OUT-OF-LUCK !!!

GOOD LUCK in getting your product OR your MONEY BACK !!!

Sincerely, Commander BOB

2011-10-13

"Poor, poor, poor.
They sent me someone else's order. Said they would ship my item as soon as my return was in the UPS system. That did not happen. new item shipped about a week later. Hardly an apology and no upgrade in shipping.

Also, there is no customer service phone number on their website.

2011-10-05

"I am unable to give Sixth Avenue Electronics / 6th Ave favorable review based on my experience on trying to contact the company in regards to their price match policy. I purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-27 AV Receiver with a product warranty on 09/08/2011. On 9/24/2011 I received an email with the same product advertised for a lower price ($270 total price difference). I have made several attempts to contact the company by email and by phone with no success of getting a answer to my phone calls or email.

I am currently disputing price difference with my credit card company in effort to resolve this matter.

2011-10-04

"Ordered a Canon camera from 6ave.com thru buy.com. After camera did not show up after my vacation, checked for delivery information online to find out that the order was cancelled by me. Me? Buy.com clarified later, that the vendor cancelled the order. However, I was never informed that the order was cancelled. Not very professional. I guess this was my first, only and last attempt to buy something from 6ave.com.

2011-10-04

"Ordered a camera from this seller over amazon. !!!VERY VERY BAD!!! seller. It is nearly impossible to contact them. They do not reply messages over amazon, and their customer support makes you wait 15 minutes before talking someone. I returned the item, and still waiting for a refund!!! "

Share Sixth Avenue Electronics / 6th Ave's store rating

Sixth Avenue Electronics / 6th Ave is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sixth Avenue Electronics / 6th Ave is not a merchant member
Sixth Avenue Electronics / 6th Ave does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!