• SimplyNAS

"Purchased a few times from SimplyNAS always had great advice and recently purchased a QNAP TS-253 with drives, again no issues. Not come across any other company that can provide the level of service and advice on NAS products. If they make a mistake they own up instantly and email you. Kept us informed from order to shipping. Highly recommended"

"Yesterday, we purchased 2 Synology RS815+ 12TB (3 X 4TB) 4-Bay NAS Integrated with HGST Ultrastar (Enterprise) at a reasonable price. Yes, it was the cheapest price we've seen but not by that much. Come to find out today we received a refund email saying our order was cancelled. NO notice. No explanation; just a refund. When we responded asking why a refund was given since no Cancellation on our part was performed we got, " There was a price error hence we cancelled it, E&OE it happens to all of us even the best of us. Sorry for the hassle it caused obviously not intentional". Obviously not that obvious! When we pushed back we got, "We did make it clear it was a mistake – and I am sure you noticed it was a mistake as you can’t by for that price, can you anywhere else?.

We have clearly informed you as to what happened, and for us to continue to pursue a solution that is totally unrealistic will tantamount to emails being exchanged that are not conducive to being beneficial to either of us.

So, as previously stated we made a genuine mistake which was correctly immediately during working hours and that really is what it is.

You will not hear form us reading this matter any further."

So, aside from your horrible customer service and people skills, this company is extremely careless with providing accurate information to this website. Basically, you write whatever price you want and if someone calls you out on it you don't honor the price. I worked in retail for 3 years and no matter how much profit we lost on a product, if it was miss-priced you had to honor it. I work with websites for my career and have been on the opposite side of this argument. Wrong prices went on my website and we had to take the loss and honor the price. I haven't really heard much about this company before my boyfriend told me about it, so I can't imagine it's doing that great that it can turn away customers and refuse to talk to them and fix their mistake they (as as company) made. They clearly need more revenue to be able to hire a Social Media Coordinator or at the very least a Web Developer who can accuratrly market this "business". POOR BUSINESS SKILLS!!! Lost two customers and I highly urge others to reconsider before their new purchase.

This review was modified by aortiz09 on March 18 2015 04:53:32 PM

"I purchased a configured NAS unit and requested RAID 6. I had also paid a fee for them to migrate data. When I received the unit, it was configure RAID 5. They said the only way to change it was to clear out the unit and start over. They were unwilling to take responsibility for their mistake."

"I ordered an upgraded QNAP TS-869 Pro with 32TB of storage after shopping around. Everything went smoothly and I was impressed by their email updates on my order, how fast it was prepared/shipped, and the NAS I received was perfect and ready to plug in and use when I received it. I highly recommend SimplyNAS and will buy from them again in the future!"

"Great sales service. Very good product for money.
This is my third order of product class QNAP TS-869U-RP 16TB (8x2000GB) 8-bay 2U NAS Integrated with Hitachi Ultrastar A7K3000 (Enterprise)and all my customers are very happy.

"Their sales help were very influential in my purchase of the NAS over replacing large external hard drives to back up my 40 yrs of photography. I explained to him that I was not a technical expert when it came to computers and just needed a simple method to protect the images. He assured me that NAS system was the only way to go. It was very easy to operate and if there was any confusion there was a helpful group of their technical support people to help me through any problems. The setup was not easy at all and their technical support walked me through some things on how to get started, but could only allow me 1/2 hour of their time to do it in. I left the call thinking I would be in good shape to get started, but the very first thing he told me to do to get files transferred did not work. I tried contacting him back to no avail. I then had to submit a new help ticket to get him to answer me which he did but only by e-mail. He then answered the exact opposite of the question I asked him. He eventually told me how to transfer some files very slow way and when I did that it only allowed me to transfer 7 files of the thousands I had to move. He then did not answer any more e-mails. Calling the sales people only got me an e-mail to call the manufacturer or Simply NAS would answer my questions for via screenshare for $85.00 per hour. It seems they were very happy to make the sale up front with all sorts of assurances, but when it came down to helping their customer they want no part of it unless you are an IT professional. Horrible experience!

I have just seen the reply from Simply NAS regarding my review and would like to comment that I asked to speak to the salesperson that was so eager to take my business and was refused. If someone was thinking of purchasing from them, I am sure this tells you something about the company. I can tell you once the purchase is made you are on your own. I was influenced by the positive reports I see on this ratings site when I was doing my purchase, but can only assume after this horrible experience that I am going through that many of these are seeded. I went from a feeling of confidence in my plan to protect my work to one of the worst experiences with equipment I have ever encountered in my 40 years as a professional. If the company had the slightest bit of integrity, they would have handled this much differently and I could have been up and running a long time ago.

"SimplyNAS exceeded my expectations. No kidding...Within 6 minutes of placing my online order, I received an email with a shipping tracking number. And this wasn't even a rush order. I never experienced order processing that fast. This company has got my business for life."

"SimplyNAS far exceeded my expectations. Admittedly, I was hesitant to place an order with them and go outside my comfort zone of Amazon, but I am happy that I did. I made several phone calls in the days leading up to the purchase and spoke with Abbas each time. He was extremely patient with me, and answered every question I could think of. I was about to spend a great deal of money on a Synology DS1813+ NAS, and didn't feel one ounce of pressure to complete the sale. While I was originally going to have them send me a unit pre-built with drives, at the last minute, I decided I'd get the drives on my own, and ordered a diskless unit with the full memory upgrade. The order process was simple, and once checkout was complete, I received several reassuring emails detailing the process that was about to unfold... from "picking" the hardware, to "testing", to "packing" to "shipment". SimplyNAS was very thorough and the order arrived on-time as estimated. From the moment you place an order (assuming what you want is instock, I found the fulfillment process to be like a precision machine.

I will need to purchase another Synology unit to backup the one I just received sometime later in the year... I will not hesitate for a moment to return to SimplyNAS once I am ready to make that next purchase.

"They provided me an Excellent service, Mr Michael was great during the process, they solved all my technical doubts, they didn't tried to push any additional product, such as unnecessary upgrades, I've seen companies trying to increase the "bill" with some "add-ins". I also had one special need regarding delivery and they arranged it for a Sunday night, who does that in the marketplace?

The NASBIT process provided me additional security to receive the equipment tested and configured (raid) and just start using it, everybody should take this in consideration before buying NAS Equipments, who wants the "surprise" to receive a malfunctional piece.

I definitely recommend them to everybody and hope other companies could act like SimplyNas in the customer relations.

"I was very satisfied with the level of details provided to me as to the state of my order. I have never experienced that from any on-line vendor. I would, and have already recommended to several other IT folks. Equipment arrived quickly and just worked. Nice… Thank you"

"Great product; great service. Highly recommend."

"My purchase was shipped quickly and everything arrived in excellent condition. I bought the Synology DX1211 expansion unit for my Synoligy main unit (DS2411+) and everything connected up easily and worked flawlessly. I am a very content customer and would recommend SimplyNAS as their prices even beat out the offerings on Amazon and had FREE shipping to boot!."

"Bought a Synology DS1812 populated with 18TB of disk space. Having read reviews of such technology suffering early childhood failures, I decided it was worth it to have Synology configure, burn-in, and test the device.

The DS1812 has worked perfectly since its arrival. I couldn't be happier.

"We needed a powerful NAS on very short notice. Ended up getting a fully loaded QNAP TS-ES1279U-RP that we ordered at almost 5PM on Thursday and they configured and tested it for a Friday shipment (overnight I might add) and we got it Monday around lunchtime. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!"

"I shopped around for the Synology DS1512+ and found SimplyNAS. I saw that they had a very high review rate and a price that was competitive with other re-sellers. SimplyNAS kept me informed by e-mail through each step, receiving the order completion of build, burn in, and shipping. I am very pleased with the product as well as my purchase experience. I would not hesitate referring the company to friends and co-workers. "

Share SimplyNAS's store rating

SimplyNAS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SimplyNAS is not a merchant member
SimplyNAS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!