Stores > SimplyNAS

Product & services pricing Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review SimplyNAS by clicking a star below.
2017-06-19

very Knowledgeable and great service

"We were looking to get our first NAS for the house as a media server. There were so many choices and different price ranges. We were totally confused. We called SimplyNAS and the sales staff there held our hand through out the whole process. From asking us what we wanted the NAS for helping us figure out the storage capacity and helped us pick out the best unit. They were very patient with us a it was a big commitment for us and we were indecisive. After we received the unit we were told to email their support staff if we needed help. oh man!!! their support staff was such great help setting this thing up. they sent us detailed instructions for every application we wanted to set up. I have since recommended them to my whole family. "

2017-06-17

Helpful and Knowledgeable

"We had an idea of what we needed, as we have NAS from Netgear. The sales people were helpful, patience and most of all very knowledgeable. We eventually got a Synology RS4017xs+ with Helium 10TB Seagate drives, all setup and tested so we had to place on our rack and get going. We also needed to setup remote replication with Readynas, and get one of their engineers to travel to CO., and set it all up. Great Service will use them all the time."

2017-06-13

Great Service

"Nice new website and makes the buying experience easy. Called sales and they guided us through what we should have luckily they caught a few mistakes we were going to make, and we were able to get what we needed. Very knowledgeable about QNAP and Synology NAS products.
Received items yesterday no issues all pre-configured with RAID will be buying again from them

2017-05-30

Worst possible ordering experience

"Worst possible shopping experience at SimplyNas. Highly recommend avoiding them at ALL cost. There are many safer, better, more reputable ways to get your desired NAS that put up with their nastiness."

2017-04-06

They are a mess!

"Ordered a Synology DX513 from them and about an hour later they sent me an email letting me know the price was incorrect on the website and that I would need to pay them more money or cancel my order. Sounds scammy right? Very odd a company puts something up for sale at the wrong price then emails customers for more money, its as if they are using low prices to draw customers. Either way, I let them know what I wanted, Synology DX513 diskless was that price so no I would not pay them more for it. But to send me my order (cause they already have my money, I paid). Instead, I woke up the next day with my order canceled. Hard to trust a company like this, the really need to put some time in on the website, if this was legitimately an error then why do I see other reviews now saying the same? Careful with them. "

2016-01-20

TVS-1271U-RP-i3-8G 60TB-106ES

"I ordered a TVS-1271U-RP-i3-8G with 10 6TB HDD and 2 1TB SSD for caching. Overall it was a good experience. My only complaint (and its minor) is the drives were configured for a different raid setting than I asked for and was told I would get. This involved 1 minute of configuration and about 1 day of waiting while the machine rejiggered itself. In the long run, I guess that was good since it forced me to learn more about how to use the machine.

I plan to order another unit from them.

2015-04-08

"Purchased a few times from SimplyNAS always had great advice and recently purchased a QNAP TS-253 with drives, again no issues. Not come across any other company that can provide the level of service and advice on NAS products. If they make a mistake they own up instantly and email you. Kept us informed from order to shipping. Highly recommended"

2015-03-18

"Yesterday, we purchased 2 Synology RS815+ 12TB (3 X 4TB) 4-Bay NAS Integrated with HGST Ultrastar (Enterprise) at a reasonable price. Yes, it was the cheapest price we've seen but not by that much. Come to find out today we received a refund email saying our order was cancelled. NO notice. No explanation; just a refund. When we responded asking why a refund was given since no Cancellation on our part was performed we got, " There was a price error hence we cancelled it, E&OE it happens to all of us even the best of us. Sorry for the hassle it caused obviously not intentional". Obviously not that obvious! When we pushed back we got, "We did make it clear it was a mistake – and I am sure you noticed it was a mistake as you can’t by for that price, can you anywhere else?.

We have clearly informed you as to what happened, and for us to continue to pursue a solution that is totally unrealistic will tantamount to emails being exchanged that are not conducive to being beneficial to either of us.

So, as previously stated we made a genuine mistake which was correctly immediately during working hours and that really is what it is.

You will not hear form us reading this matter any further."

So, aside from your horrible customer service and people skills, this company is extremely careless with providing accurate information to this website. Basically, you write whatever price you want and if someone calls you out on it you don't honor the price. I worked in retail for 3 years and no matter how much profit we lost on a product, if it was miss-priced you had to honor it. I work with websites for my career and have been on the opposite side of this argument. Wrong prices went on my website and we had to take the loss and honor the price. I haven't really heard much about this company before my boyfriend told me about it, so I can't imagine it's doing that great that it can turn away customers and refuse to talk to them and fix their mistake they (as as company) made. They clearly need more revenue to be able to hire a Social Media Coordinator or at the very least a Web Developer who can accuratrly market this "business". POOR BUSINESS SKILLS!!! Lost two customers and I highly urge others to reconsider before their new purchase.

2014-09-02

"I purchased a configured NAS unit and requested RAID 6. I had also paid a fee for them to migrate data. When I received the unit, it was configure RAID 5. They said the only way to change it was to clear out the unit and start over. They were unwilling to take responsibility for their mistake."

2013-10-15

"I ordered an upgraded QNAP TS-869 Pro with 32TB of storage after shopping around. Everything went smoothly and I was impressed by their email updates on my order, how fast it was prepared/shipped, and the NAS I received was perfect and ready to plug in and use when I received it. I highly recommend SimplyNAS and will buy from them again in the future!"

2013-08-19

"Great sales service. Very good product for money.
This is my third order of product class QNAP TS-869U-RP 16TB (8x2000GB) 8-bay 2U NAS Integrated with Hitachi Ultrastar A7K3000 (Enterprise)and all my customers are very happy.

2013-06-27

"Their sales help were very influential in my purchase of the NAS over replacing large external hard drives to back up my 40 yrs of photography. I explained to him that I was not a technical expert when it came to computers and just needed a simple method to protect the images. He assured me that NAS system was the only way to go. It was very easy to operate and if there was any confusion there was a helpful group of their technical support people to help me through any problems. The setup was not easy at all and their technical support walked me through some things on how to get started, but could only allow me 1/2 hour of their time to do it in. I left the call thinking I would be in good shape to get started, but the very first thing he told me to do to get files transferred did not work. I tried contacting him back to no avail. I then had to submit a new help ticket to get him to answer me which he did but only by e-mail. He then answered the exact opposite of the question I asked him. He eventually told me how to transfer some files very slow way and when I did that it only allowed me to transfer 7 files of the thousands I had to move. He then did not answer any more e-mails. Calling the sales people only got me an e-mail to call the manufacturer or Simply NAS would answer my questions for via screenshare for $85.00 per hour. It seems they were very happy to make the sale up front with all sorts of assurances, but when it came down to helping their customer they want no part of it unless you are an IT professional. Horrible experience!

I have just seen the reply from Simply NAS regarding my review and would like to comment that I asked to speak to the salesperson that was so eager to take my business and was refused. If someone was thinking of purchasing from them, I am sure this tells you something about the company. I can tell you once the purchase is made you are on your own. I was influenced by the positive reports I see on this ratings site when I was doing my purchase, but can only assume after this horrible experience that I am going through that many of these are seeded. I went from a feeling of confidence in my plan to protect my work to one of the worst experiences with equipment I have ever encountered in my 40 years as a professional. If the company had the slightest bit of integrity, they would have handled this much differently and I could have been up and running a long time ago.

2013-06-16

"SimplyNAS exceeded my expectations. No kidding...Within 6 minutes of placing my online order, I received an email with a shipping tracking number. And this wasn't even a rush order. I never experienced order processing that fast. This company has got my business for life."

2013-06-14

"SimplyNAS far exceeded my expectations. Admittedly, I was hesitant to place an order with them and go outside my comfort zone of Amazon, but I am happy that I did. I made several phone calls in the days leading up to the purchase and spoke with Abbas each time. He was extremely patient with me, and answered every question I could think of. I was about to spend a great deal of money on a Synology DS1813+ NAS, and didn't feel one ounce of pressure to complete the sale. While I was originally going to have them send me a unit pre-built with drives, at the last minute, I decided I'd get the drives on my own, and ordered a diskless unit with the full memory upgrade. The order process was simple, and once checkout was complete, I received several reassuring emails detailing the process that was about to unfold... from "picking" the hardware, to "testing", to "packing" to "shipment". SimplyNAS was very thorough and the order arrived on-time as estimated. From the moment you place an order (assuming what you want is instock, I found the fulfillment process to be like a precision machine.

I will need to purchase another Synology unit to backup the one I just received sometime later in the year... I will not hesitate for a moment to return to SimplyNAS once I am ready to make that next purchase.

2013-06-03

"They provided me an Excellent service, Mr Michael was great during the process, they solved all my technical doubts, they didn't tried to push any additional product, such as unnecessary upgrades, I've seen companies trying to increase the "bill" with some "add-ins". I also had one special need regarding delivery and they arranged it for a Sunday night, who does that in the marketplace?

The NASBIT process provided me additional security to receive the equipment tested and configured (raid) and just start using it, everybody should take this in consideration before buying NAS Equipments, who wants the "surprise" to receive a malfunctional piece.

I definitely recommend them to everybody and hope other companies could act like SimplyNas in the customer relations.

Share SimplyNAS's store rating

SimplyNAS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SimplyNAS is not a merchant member
SimplyNAS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!