Product & services pricing Rating 8.65/10 8.65/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.29/10 6.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.95/10 5.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.98/10 5.98/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10

"A bit of hassle to place an order. I have a problem in changing the delivery address and was informed to send some documents for it to be changed. everything runs perfectly after that though. My order was delivered on time too.

"Hi,

I recently purchased a Canon EF-S 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 lens from Simply Electronics, and afterwards noted several bad reviews of their service, all of which I must state were somewhat old, and therefore may no longer be applicable.

As a result it worried me a little, so I started chasing the delivery, by email as well as SE own system. They always answered very quickly, but that can also be a worry.

However, I must be fair and state that the goods I ordered were delivered, and again to be fair within the time-scale they originally gave me.

I would therefore say that the old bad reviews are not now valid, even though SE is based in Hong Kong, it also does appear to have bases in Europe.

OK, the process did not get off to a good start, but that was my fault, by reading old reviews - I therefore would advise that they do now appear to have got their act together.

I would suggest that they quote more specific dates for delivery, no 2-4 Days to get the goods, then 4 -10 for delivery, as it tends to tie one to your home for a long time, especially if you live alone.

Cheers. JB (Jim Beveridge - 24/11/2014_

"Little apprehensive due to earlier ratings however nothing to worry about. Kept me in touch , excellent price and delivered by a brilliant traceable courier the day before I expected it. Very pleased with the service."

"I really liked the follow up email about the delivery. I am happy with the service.. You have my loyalty from now on and more business to come."

"The order took slightly longer than thought but once my item was on its way I was kept updated both from simply Electronics and the courier. But to be fair it did come from abroad and was only two days longer than expected. The company kept me informed of the progress and it arrived for the birthday so no complaints. "

"Excellent service, as usual, from Simply Electronics. Great savings compared to other online shopping stores. Very pleased with the purchase, well packed for safe transit. Have used Simply Electronics for all of my phone purchases and would recommend them to anyone. Delivery may not be lightning fast, but it is worth the short wait."

"I was dismayed by the generally negative reviews regarding this site and the supply of goods. Whilst some of the criticisms may be justified for example it seems to be a UK site but is not, the other criticisms are not justified in my case. I ordered a Cannon G16 camera. This was at the very best price on any site. It did clearly state that delivery could take over 10 working days. Simply Electronics did notify me they had received my order and taken payment. They did notify me when the item was sent and they did send all possible tracking notification to me regarding delivery. The item arrived before 10 working days from placing the order. The goods supplied were exactly as stated. The only negative feature is that I believe the international guarantee was removed from the package. In all they delivered when they said they would, and for the best price possible. By looking at the negative reviews It only served to generate internal paranoia that was made worst when informed my package was held in customs. at first I thought this was a ruse but I was wrong. The package arrived exactly on time. I would definitely buy from this company again and would say to customers not to look at all the negative reviews. My experience was very good. "

"No problem i was very pleased ,fast and perfect iwould definetly buy from them again. "

"Polite and friendly service, together with excellent value for money. Would certainly consider using the company again.

I did email the company on several occasions to check progress of my order. On each occasion the company responded with helpful information regarding the order, usually well within 24 hours of my email to them.

When dispatched, the courier service (DPD) was also excellent, allowing me to track the progress of the order, right up to delivery at my home.

In summary, although orders will take a number of days to arrive, they represent excellent value for money, compared to other UK based retailers & the company does its best to keep you informed regarding progress. Overall, my order took 12 days in total, but the wait was well worth it.

"Dismissive customer service with excuses for why my order hasn't even been despatched as yet, apparently still wrapping it in bubble wrap or similar as of last phone call, some days after being told it would be delivered in a day or so. Lies. You get the impression they're either a con-company or awaiting stock. Still awaiting despatch after 2 weeks."

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-28-2014

“Dear Derek,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your feedback. I will be looking into this for you.

On the other hand, I would like to confirm that your order has been sent out and an email has been sent to you with tracking details. You shall receive the parcel very soon.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Nexus 10 was defect after three months of use. The item was sent back for repair and is since five months at Simply electronics.
I haven't heard anything yet from the Customer Service department about the status of the repair and the ticket I had made has been closed.
So my advice, just don't buy at Simply Electronics because they have the worse customer service that I have experience so far.

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-28-2014

“Dear Customer,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

An agent shall be in contact with you to provide further assistance in resolving this matter.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Same problem as all the unsatisfied previous users. Canon speedlite ordered 12 days ago (in stock), and I have no idea if it is shipped or not. I tried to cancel the order , but obviously the customer service quickly replied that it has already been shipped. However the status on the website displays "will be ready to ship within 1-2 days"... since 4 days !
Avoid at all cost, I should have checked this website before...

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-16-2014

“Dear Mary,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Customer service very helpful, goods delivered within the specified time zone , well packaged"

"Patience required! But can be worth the wait if savings is good.
Despite advertising delivery in 3-4 business days confirming the phone I was ordering was in stock. I finally got it 12 days later! Customer Service kept in touch and apologetic - offered a memory card as a goodwill on expedited delivery. But that also took 14 days to arrive.
Responsible company but their Logistics Operation can't seem to be able to cope.

"I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Simply Electronics and I must say that I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. I received the item exactly one week after placing the order and the price was substantially lower than that of shops in my country. I will be recommending Simply Electronics to other members of my family, friends and colleagues and I will definitely buy again from them. Thank you Simply Electronics for a smooth online shopping experience and keep up the good work."

SimplyElectronics is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SimplyElectronics is a merchant member
SimplyElectronics participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,911 merchant members.