Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 1.33/10 177 reviews

SimplyElectronics is a merchant member
    SimplyElectronics participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,877 merchant members.
  • SimplyElectronics contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.33/10 1.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.33/10 1.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.33/10 1.33/10

"Simply electronics were easy to do business with my order was delivered promptly and I have no issues with the item itself. If you would ask em if I will purchase again, I would definitely say YES!! "

"As a repeat customer, I can say that Simply electronics is a good dealer. I ordered twice and they never failed to deliver my goods on time. They have a great service which I really appreciate. I'll be using simply electronics again soon. "

"SIMPLY ELECTRONICS - RUSIAN ROULETTE WITH YOUR MONEY
It is impossible to describe how dissatisfied, angry and frustrated I am with this company who are little better than online thieves hiding from public scrutiny in Hong Kong. 5 minutes of research, which I did not do, reveals the SIMPLY 1,000's of dissatisfied customers who have had appalling experiences with Simply Electronics. I have never seen any company, anywhere field quite the quantity of dissatisfied clients as those who have ordered with Simply Electronics.

A full 4 months after paying over £3,000 for a camera which was not delivered I am now being totally stone-walled. Emails are unanswered and my request for a refund, initially politely fobbed off with excuses are now not even being answered. As for reaching them by telephone...Good Luck!! 30 day money back guarantee...downright lies. Avoid Simply Electronics like the bubonic plague.

"Hi

I am 48 years old and have been shopping online since the internet was invented and I have to say out of many hundreds of online purchases and transactions this is the worst experience I have had. This company presents itself as being UK based but I understand it is based in Hong Kong and has no UK base or call centres.

I purchased a Canon EOS 600D for my son’s birthday from this site. The two main reasons I used them was that they were cheaper than I could find elsewhere but mainly because the camera was “In Stock Usually dispatched in 2-3 business days"

I ordered it on the 4th March and it was finally dispatched on the 20th March. It would seem that I should have paid more attention to the "Usually"

I called and emailed them several times to be told the same "cut and paste" response repeatedly:

Friday 7th March - "It is packed and ready to be shipped we are just waiting for the courier to collect it"
Friday 14th March - "It is packed and ready to be shipped we are just waiting for the courier to collect it"
Tuesday 18th March - "It is packed and ready to be shipped we are just waiting for the courier to collect it"

If you want to play Russian roulette whilst ordering online I would recommend these guys, if you want to guarantee a reasonable delivery time and a comfortable feeling that your goods will actually arrive then pay a few pounds more and shop elsewhere - lesson learned for me and my family.

Hope this helps someone avoid the same worries that my wife and I had that our sons birthday present would never arrive.

Thanks

" Like so many other reviewers on here for this store, I have to tell you that these are the worst people to do business with EVER.

After placing my order, I wrote to them asking if the item could be delivered to my neighbours which is one number over. I received a reply from them saying that items could only be redelivered within the same country. This is obviously a standard template which they use when ever the word redelivered comes up in an email from a customer.

I replied by saying that considering my neighbour lived right next door, I would suggest that they were in the same country. I then got a reply saying that they could not proceed with the order because payment was still being processed. When in fact according to my credit card company payment had already been taken.

I then made the fatal mistake of calling them. Not only are they an 0844 number, but their customer services there are completely impossible, rude, unhelpful not to mention just plain stupid. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with this woman who could barely speak English let alone understand it. And she promised me she would send me an email confirming delivery would be to my neighbours address. What happened? Two minutes later an email comes through FROM THIS SAME STUPID WOMAN which was a duplicate of the earlier email saying that redelivery had to be within the same country.

I then call back again, asked to speak to this same person, suddenly they were not there (yeah right) instead I got this guy on the phone who I have to say would be better suited to working in an abattoir because his attitude was just barbaric and I basically had to put the phone down on him.

Like another reviewer said, you get what you pay for. I made the mistake of thinking I would save a few pennies (okay more like £100) and bought from these clowns.

I have yet to receive the order, but based on my experience so far I can just imagine what the outcome is going to be.

By the way I have since discovered this company's landline number, 0115 871 4466 which will save you a fortune from calling the 0844 number.

BUYERS BEWARE, AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!

PS There is a lesson to be learned here. Bookmark this site and come and check out a retailer's reviews BEFORE buying from them!

"I chose to purchase from Simply Electronics because they had the great price for the mobile phone I wanted. My payment was processed quickly by Skrill, and that's where it all started going wrong. 10 days later Simply Electronics still hadn't processed my order. After telling me it could take another week I chose to cancel the order and get the phone off Amazon instead. It took a week of jumping through hoops to cancel, and when it was finally processed, I was told I would receive refund confirmation within 1 week. This confirmation never came, and so began over a month of regularly calling and emailing, questioning where my refund was. I was told over and over again that my case had been escalated to the correct department, but no one seemed capable of giving me a refund. After 6 weeks, the credit card I'd paid on expired, and I knew this would now mean the refund would now not go through. I tried calling and speaking directly to a manager or the accounts department, but apparently "they have no phone number, there is no way you will be able to talk to them." Finally, I called Skrill directly, who got in touch with Simply Electronics. They arranged right away for the money to be refunded. Unfortunately for me, Skrill charges to withdraw money, and they may you pay up to £3 to verify your credit card. Which meant, I now had to pay to get my refund, and because they charge a fee, I would never get a full refund.

If I could blacklist this company and prevent anyone from ever using them again I would. They seem to be fine if people actually receive their order, but should anything go wrong you are screwed. Horrible customer service. Horrible customer treatment. Horrible policies. DON'T USE THEM. It's not worth the cheaper prices.

"I ordered a Nikon D610 the 10th of feb, but realized that the company was outside EU and cancelled the order two days later (the 12th of feb). Since then I have contacted them at least ten times and they promised refund but nothing happens. The amount is about USD 2000 and that is very much!

Now I have escalated this to my credit card company and I´m going to make a police report. Every internetsite that have reviews of them will recieve a warning! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

"I ordered a phone from this company in November 2013. When it arrived it was missing a manual and headset and various other bits and pieces. I therefore returned the phone back to Hong Kong at great cost to myself. When I had ordered the phone nothing on the site indicated it would have been sent from Hong Kong in the first place and as I live in Spain, and the phone number on the website was a Spanish number, I presumed the phone would come from Spain. I have finally, three months later, received my refund. I sent in excess of 20 e mails to this company chasing my refund, only to be answered each time by a different person. They deducted money from my refund saying the headset was missing which was one of the reasons I had returned it. The whole situation had me so stressed. I asked a number of times for their complaints procedure which they completely ignored. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE INCOMPETENT, INEPT AT GIVING CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TOTALLY UNTRUSTWORTHY. A really bad bad experience from beginning to end."

"Avoid this company, wish I had read the reviews before placing my order. They promised I would have my iPod air in time for my daughters Christmas present. I'm still waiting 6 weeks later. They take your money then leave you waiting for your item. This company should not be aloud to trade taking peoples money and then not delivering their promises. Don't cancel your order though as you will spend weeks trying to get your money back. I read on reviews that you should get in touch with your bank instead and they will do the hard work for you. I have now been refunded on my credit card but just wanted to make people aware that this company should be avoided at all costs."

"I suffered the same issue as most before xmas with 'in stock' items becoming out of stock.
Mutliple emails got mainly standard text responses

Phone calls not much better

To get you money back I offer
Forget FCA- waste of time
Forget SKRILL they are not interested
Contact trading standards if you like but they cannot help as its in HK.

You have to fill in the form on the Hong Kong Consumer council website ( details below) The same day as they issued a formal letter to Simplyelectronics demanding a response regarding my case I had the money refunded to my bank account

The Consumer Council can be contacted at:

Address: 22nd Floor, K. Wah Centre, 191 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Tel: 852 2856 3113
Fax: 852 2856 3611
Email: cc@consumer.org.hk
Website: http://www.consumer.org.hk

"Website says 'delivery within 2-3 days' - don't be fooled! Emails are not answered and when I called to ask info on delivery I was told different things by different people who didn't seem to understand English. I wanted delivery to an alternative address which (eventually) I was told they could only do if I paid via Paypal, but there is no link to use Paypal on their website! I queried this but did not get an answer so I cancelled the order asked for a refund and bought one from somewhere else. After a week there was no refund so I asked them to cancel the order again, and again... no replies... and then all of sudden the item was delivered (this is 4 weeks after the original order!). I don't trust that a refund will materialise if I send it back to Hong Kong so it's going on Ebay.

I definitely will NOT use or recommend this company again.

"Yet another person burned by borderline fraudulent behaviour by SE. Key points:

-- Advertised delivery times not met
-- Item dispatched despite three separate sets of instructions to cancel the order
-- 'We will be in contact' about a refund -- but no sign of it after several weeks
-- Company disguises the fact that they're based in HK, meaning that the customer is liable for VAT and import duty.

"Add me to the list of people that's been burned by this company. Ordered as per their rating on their website which not looks like it's false, and promised a 2-3 day dispatch time. 15 days later and the item was still not dispatched!

Complained to their customer service and was advised that I'll receive the item within 2-3 days as per Priority Post, and it's now 5 days and still nothing! Totally ruined Christmas for myself and the person I was going to give the item to.

Luckily I purchased via a Credit Card and will be disputing the funds first thing tomorrow Monday morning. Although I'm not sure how smooth that refund is going to go.

Oh, as an apology they included a "card reader" to compensate for their very poor customer service. Seriously, a 99p card reader is enough to win you back as a customer?

I've ordered from many Hong Kong based shops (Onestop Digital is really good as an example) and if they wanted to, you'd get your item NEXT DAY, regardless if it was from Hong Kong!

Truly unprofessional and one of the worst customer service experiences from a company. Misrepresentation of their service puts it on a borderline illegal status in my books.

"I do most of my shopping online, so had no hesitation placing an order for a Canon 600D camera one month ago for a gift. (A Birthday this week) But despite several emails and one telephone call I have yet to receive my order and am no clearer to finding out where it is or when I can expect it. When I spoke with customer services I was informed as a token of goodwill they would give me a free lens cleaner, now my order has disappeared from my account page, i then get an email to say it has done this as the free gift is being added to the order! I dont want a free gift, i just want what I ordered and paid for 1 month ago, without being fobbed off with excuses. I now have no gift to give, i cannot afford to go and buy another without a refund. I am so disappointment with this company. i really wish I had read the reviews first, BIG lesson learned."

"Possibly the worst company I have ever dealt with, I too have been through just about every status change imaginable, which are all completely fabricated, requested refund almost 2 weeks ago, after their tirade of status changes. Customer services are a complete joke. I'm now at the 'Apologies for the inconvenience. Your refund is on priority rank and is being treated with precedence. We will contact you once the refund is finalized.' Stage which I suspect is at least 20 status changes away from anyone considering actually doing anything with it. It's almost amusing to think that someone has actually sat down and dreamt up all of these status changes, I guess It may placate a few people for a day or 2. I've now placed this with my CC company as that appears to be the only option open to me."