Stores > SimplyElectronics

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.31/10 8.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.87/10 7.87/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.41/10 8.41/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10

"The Prices are good and yes, its true. I received my order on time as they promised and never had any (not even) single issue with it. I would prefer to shop from this store in the future."

This review was modified by haizenbost on November 12 2015 09:22:01 PM

"I ordered a Canon EOS 750d camera for my daughters birthday. Having found the camera on the SimplyElectronics website I was amazed at the price but after reading a few reviews noticed that it was taking around 3 weeks for delivery and not the 4-10 days advertised on the web site.

I ordered the camera and it took 19 days to arrive. It arrived in perfect condition, it was well packaged so I am really pleased with my purchase.

The only gripe I have is the delivery time. From the point of being notified that it had been dispatched from their warehouse (3-4 days after ordering), it took the best part of 14 days to arrive at DPD in the UK. Once at DPD, it was swiftly tracked all the way to my house around 36 hours later. For the 14 days it was being shipped (I'm guessing it was on a boat although this wasn't confirmed) I emailed SimplyElectronics every couple of days and despite always coming back to me quickly, they couldn't tell me where it was and just kept saying "Having checked the status of your orders, it shows that the parcel is still in transit to destination. Please allow few days for the courier to arrive on your end." They obviously don't track it properly from Hong Kong to the UK but once it hits DPD they take over and the service is excellent.

Anyway, gripe over, camera is excellent and an unbelievable price (£130 cheaper than John Lewis) and exactly the same. I would definitely order from these guys again but will fully expect a 3 week delivery.

Hope this helps.

Rep reply posted Nov-11-2015

“Dear Customer,

We appreciate receiving feedback on your recent experience with us, as we are working on further improving the services that we offer.

The order number provided shows to have been shipped out from one of our warehouse, but experienced some delays along the way, as it was on transit to the courier's delivery depot. Checking further on the matter, we were advised by the delivery team that the shipment headed to the depot was held at customs for some time, which caused the delay on the delivery completion of order. Rest assured that this case has been reviewed by the delivery team and are working to avoid such from happening again.

Whereas for the information that the agents have given you, we are reviewing this with them as well - it is necessary that clear and concise order updates are provided to customers for such cases.

Once again, we thank you for providing us with this feedback and comment, as this has been very helpful indeed.

Should there be any other concerns or assistance that we can offer, please do not hesitate to contact us right away.”

"I received my order late. In fact I've waited for it for over 2 weeks. What I am happy about is that they never fail to give me an update about the delivery. It was actually held in customs but they made an assurance that they will inform me once release, which they actually did."

"I ordered a Canon 1200D on 10th Oct as the price was so very good, cheaper than anywhere. After I sent off for it I then read all the reviews and of course I was filled with dread as a lot said it was a scam site. After 7 days waiting I sent a message enquiring as to when I could expect my goods as the website said delivery usually 3/4 working days. After some searching I discovered my goods were held in customs. At all times I was kept informed and my goods arrived, a few days later than I was expecting but they arrived as advertised, well packed and it is a wonderful camera. I would advise you that if you are prepared to wait and be polite in all your dealings with customer service then this is a good company to order from. Delivery could be faster but they cannot be beaten on price. I am very happy with my purchase. Simply Electronics is no scam as I have the proof, my lovely camera here in front of me. Very happy indeed."

"Never get appalled with the service. They delivered my order on time they contacted me to provide the tracking number when it was shipped."

"Order placing was easy and secured. When my order was shipped, I received a notification email and they also provided a tracking number. It was delivered yesterday and after few test shots, I am happy to say that the quality is great."

"Their prices are very low, which seems attractive, but when I had a problem with my order - a Motorola Nexus 6 - and needed to return it, I found their customer service to be abysmal. It ended up taking 6 weeks from the time I requested a refund to the time it actually came through into my account. This was entirely down to delays on the company's part and it meant that I incurred interest on my credit card.

In fact it gets worse: SimplyElectronics refused to refund me the full amount due to what they claimed were "irremovable stains" on the rear of the phone. Because of this, they deducted 15% from the refund. Bear in mind that I had the phone out of its packaging for under an hour before it became apparent that it didn't work (it was stuck in an endless reboot cycle). As per the return instructions, I then carefully repackaged the phone ready to send back and immediately sent a message to SimplyElectronics web returns to request an RMA form.

I took photos of the phone as proof of the "as new" condition before I returned it, but according to SimplyElectronics: "The stains is only visible from certain angle, and the photos provided is quite blur, we can't see whether or not there is any stain."

The return process itself was glacially slow, as each interaction with customer services took days to resolve. In most cases the customer service representative I dealt with needed to liaise with other teams to advance the process to the next stage. It took 10 days (from 21st - 31st Aug) just to get the RMA form I needed to return the phone. After arranging a courier slot with DHL, the phone was collected from me on 4th Sept and delivered to SimplyElectronics (who are based in Hong Kong) on 6th Sept.

From that point it took over four weeks to receive my (partial) refund. This period was again characterised by slow and vague responses from customer services. In the end, the process exhausted me and I am just happy to have received most of my money back. I will never order from this company again and I would advise anyone to think very carefully before they take the plunge.

Rep reply posted Oct-11-2015

“Dear Customer,
Sorry that you have had an unsatisfactory experience with an order.

Reviewing the matter, we can confirm that the item was returned due to faults experienced and that the order has been refunded. Due to the condition of the item returned, and as previously advised (before returns), there was a deduction applied on the refund.

Rest assured that these factors are being reviewed for further improvements. Although responses to email queries and processing of item return were within timeframe, we are working on further improving such benchmarks. As for the item's issue, the supplier has been notified and will also further investigate.

Should there be any further issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us right away.”

"Although my order was delivered late, I will still give them 4 stars, simply because the the prices are really great and they never left me hanging. They kept me updated."

"Below is my review and timeline of events. Don't buy from these people, they sell broken products, copies and steal your money

7th May 2015 ‘I am delighted to inform you that your order, order number: 738333-1228233 has been dispatched and you should receive it by within the next few working days.’

We are pleased to confirm that your order (1228233) was delivered to its destination on 13 May, 2015 14:56 (late delivery not the delivery time stated on the website)

5th June 2015 ‘Thank you for contacting us! We have received your inquiry and are assigning it to a representative. You can expect to receive a response from us within one working day excluding weekends and public holidays. The details of your submitted ticket are listed below. Please ensure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject line to allow us tracking your request appropriately.

Ticket ID: TMX-787-13954
Subject: I want to return my item because it is faulty (Under Warranty)’

The phone went actually became faulty on the 24th May but we were abroad on holiday so had to wait to send it back.

I contacted them asking for an update and this is the reply

‘Good day!

The item will be serviced under warranty and returned to you as soon as possible.
A subsequent email will be sent to you once the item is returned to working order which we shall have returned to you at our expense.
Repairs typically take 2-4 weeks time from our end, depending on the repair required or the parts needed. But we will try our best to resolve at an earlier time.
Should there be any further queries, please feel free to contact us again.

I again contacted them for an update on the 2nd September 2015 asking for an update

Good day!

We received an update from our relevant team that the repair is expected to be done early next week. However, we understand that this has taken longer than normal to complete and would like to apologise for the inconvenience.

Since this is a warranty case, if you doesn’t want to wait for the item to be returned, we can offer depreciated refund instead. Otherwise, if you are willing to give us until next week to have the item sent back, we can offer compensation of £25.00

So if I wait for my, now 6 month old phone, they will give me £25 compensation or I can have a depreciated refund. They seem unable to give me an answer as to what a depreciated refund is.

The phone is now back with us as of the 1st October. It doesn't work, the S-pen is not working on the touch screes. I think this is a Chinese copy

This is disgraceful service where the customer is held in utter contempt. I have had 2 weeks use out of the phone in nearly six months and I am expected to pay deprecation? Or wait an unknown period and get £25 compensation.

Thieves, stay away from them.

Update, contacted by them again, they want the phone back for another assessment. 6 months of ownership of a broken phone, they are a joke, stay away from them. I will update this review at each step of the process. Awaiting them to contact me with returns details yet again.

Rep reply posted Oct-07-2015

“Dear Customer,

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the troubles experienced with the ordered device.

The notes on the order shows that the item was reported to be faulty within warranty and was sent in for repairs. After this was repaired, it was sent back as requested. Although, we understand that the repairs have taken longer than expected - with the service center having the source the required spare parts for the repairs. We are reviewing such service center for any future repairs to be made.

Since the device shows to still be faulty, we have confirmed with the RMA team to have the item sent back to us for further assessment and dispute the repair center's assessment - one of the agents will be arranging for the item to be returned.

The long wait on the repairs and the disappointing result are understood to be causing frustration and concerns, thus, once the item has been returned for further/another assessment, we will offer an appropriate resolution on the matter.”

"Simply Electronics offers the best prices on line, it was also delivered on time as promised. They also provided a tracking number and was able to check the parcel's movement."

"Best price I could find online, the delivery was fast and faultless transaction. Happy and will continue to order from here."

"Ordered a product from here for a birthday present. I have been very pleased with the support and could not wish for a better service. Shipping and delivery was super fast. Product arrived in pristine condition. They also offer super low price.

"Due to the fact that they shipped from Hong Kong, I feared that my order will not be delivered on time, My brother need it ASAP for his university. I called customer service and asked if they can do something to expedite the order. Nicole said, she will try but cant promise. Well, it was effective. Received an email on Monday that the item has been shipped and I received the order yesterday."

"The phone was great and I am happy with the quality. The problem is they are lack of information about the delivery, I emailed them to ask for a specific date but they cannot provide it. Luckily, I was home when it was delivered."

"The delivery was fantastic, it came even earlier than expected. The product is great too, I did some test shots and I am very happy with the result. The only issue is the missing Wide Strap that is supposed to be part of my order. I called them and was offered to buy it locally and they will reimburse the amount. A bit hassle but still satisfied as they have a resolution.

Share SimplyElectronics's store rating

SimplyElectronics is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SimplyElectronics is a merchant member
SimplyElectronics participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,677 merchant members.