Product & services pricing Rating 8.60/10 8.60/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.49/10 6.49/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.33/10 6.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10

"Do NOT purchase a Phone from this company.

The first Issue I had with SimplyElectronics.Net is when I purchase a HTC One M8 phone (Gold). The site said the phone would be delivered within 10 days. Then, after placing an order with them, they said the gold coloured phone was out of stock and they only had Sliver phones. I was ok with that but it then took over a month to deliver the phone which they had failed to tell me would happen.

In November 2014 I upgrade my Phone contract to use 4G but my phone did not pick up the 4G signal. After contacting HTC directly I was told that the phone was manufactured for the Hong Kong market and therefore the HTC 2 year guarantee was invalid in the UK. I also discovered that Hong Kong use a different LTE/4G frequency to the UK and this is why the 4G signal will not be picked up in the UK.
Their last correspondence says, regarding their own repair team, from customer services:
'I would like to assure you that we are doing our best to speed up this process and provide better service for our customers. Should I get a response from them, I will let you know.'

They had promised a full refund and then once they had the phone they decide to only offer a repair and can't even give me any indication as to when I will have a properly functioning phone returned back.
I would NOT recommend buying any products from this company.

"The customer service provided to me from them was exceptional. I am having problem during checkout and it keeps on saying that my basket is empty. So I called sales department and place the order over the phone. The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful and my order was immediately processed. I am also pleased with the prices, and also I received my order exactly on time and in perfect condition. Thank you for such a wonderful experience."

"easy and smooth transaction. I will definitely coming back for future orders. My order arrived on time and the quality is simply awesome. two thumbs up!!

"Ordered twice and both delivered within the delivery time frame and they have the best prices to offer.

"OMG! These prices don't normally exist with this level of service. Very happy customer with a very nice new Canon camera. Can't wait to buy a new flash from simplyelectronics in the next few months. Thanks a million :-)"

"I was absolutely delighted that the doom-laden comments on the internet were unfounded. My camera arrived within 4 days and by Christmas - as promised. It was an excellent price and delivery was fast and reliable. "

"Bought an i pad mini and mac book air, fantastic all round do far. Communications and tracking just brilliant and tracked at every point, they even upgraded my delivery at no extra cost so we got it for christmas. Opened and all looks great so far, i am content that if there is a problem they will deal with it, but hopefully there wont be. Excellent prices too, defo use again - many thanks x"

"Although at the beginning of my order process there were some problems(a Christmas present ordered in ample time but wasn't processed immediately therefore causing distress) once the customer service team became involved the order was processed quickly and dispatched in good time. They kept me informed at all times of my order update and it arrived yesterday (22/12/2014) thank you for that! "

"Ordered a Samsung tablet on Dec 3rd from Simply Electronics received it Dec17th it does take a little longer than they say as i have purchased a Lg g2 previously and it took a couple of weeks but they are the cheapest i could find on the web,i am well satisfied with the lg g2,not tried the tablet yet as its a xmas present for my wife.Dec 27th,present now open my wife well satisfied with galaxy tab s at a great price,many thanks."

"I ordered a camera from them as their website item was in stock and dispatch in 2 - 3 days. Superb I thought.....Actually what the small print says and their order confirmation says is totally different. The item is dispatched between 4 - 10 days (and thats business days), and is based on first order in first order out. So if an order in front is held up, so is yours. I eventually got my order 14 days later, so inside their 4 - 10 days dispatch. However, I decided to cancel my order because of the fact people strangled to get the warranty for their goods in the UK, the fact that the goods weren't in English, so I cancelled. But I had to wait for the camera to be delivered, refuse delivery, and wait for the courier to send it back, and then I got my refund - a full 2 months after making the original purchase. Every phone call, every email was replied with a standard non personal, non helpful reply. DO NOT USE this dodgy foreign company - it is no better that a knock off market stall. You pay cheap prices you get poor service. Thankfully I learnt my lesson before I got the goods. I bought my good off a company with the same name as the longest river in the world, which also comes with a Canon £30 cash back offer, so I got my product for the same price as this simplyelectronics website, and with the safe knowledge that this other company will help if needed. Please do not use simplyelectronics, or any of the other companies. They should not be allowed to trade."

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-23-2014

“Dear Customer,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would like to confirm that your refund has been initiated from our side since December 8, 2014 and funds should have reflected back to your card already though there are instances that this depends on your bank.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Not the fastest delivery in the world, but excellent customer service! The lovely reps were always immediately at hand and responded to any questions I had with lots of patience and grace. Thanks!"

"My Mum bought a Nokia lumia from them.
I urge people to stay away from this site, they trade from hongkong and when your item does not arrive then they will do nothing. They are a scam, hence the low price shown for their electronic. I rang them so many times and they simply do not do anything, they tell you to email them but no action. i had called them over 15 times they have the same response. if you do decide to buy then only use your credit card and payments made on debit cards.

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-15-2014

“Dear Customer,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

An agent shall be in contact with you to request for your details so that we could complete the refund. I can assure you that your refund will be completed once we received the information from you.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"I have bought a fantastic Blackberry Z30 from this store and it's brill Janet and staff kept me informed about delivery and it was a good price too. I'm happy with everything, thanks Simply to all."

"I am very pleased with my dealings with SimplyElectronics - very good prices, clear communications and tracking information available. I saved at least £100 on my tablet and it was a brand new, UK edition. I would be happy to order from them again."

"Horrible service,
I paid for a Phone on 12 November and after few days I was able to see on my Account (on their website) that the order would not be sent. I cancelled it and on 22nd November the status changed to refund completed. I have to add that since 12 November I have never had any emails from SE and all the information comes from their website. I have asked them everyday where is my refund (as it has not been made to my Account) but no one has bothered to respond to my enquiries. So, in short - no item, no refund, no communication. The worst company I have ever dealt with. Please, AVOID IT!

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-08-2014

“Dear Katarzyna,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would like to confirm that your refund has been initiated from our side and upon completion, an email has been forwarded to you. Funds should have reflected back to your card by now however, time frame also depends on your bank.

SimplyElectronics is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SimplyElectronics is a merchant member
SimplyElectronics participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,898 merchant members.