Stores > SimplyElectronics

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.55/10 1.55/10

2016-07-21

Be Aware - Total Fraudsters operating from Hokg Kong

"Absolute disgrace how re-seller such as SimplyElectronics are allowed to trade online to this date.
Offering slightly cheaper prices, but running totally misleading and fraudulent operation.
Almost 99% of items on their website has dispatch time of 2-5 business working days. It's absolute non-sense, they don't have items in stock, neither they going deliver in time...
They take full payment and keep your money for unreasonable time, probably making a lot on interest...
Nearly 8 weeks since I ordered Phantom 4 they just kept changing order status on website from back order, to priority shipping and other kind of non-sense...
I lodged charge back request directly with my credit card company, and they said SimplyElectronics is one of the most known companies to them by number of complaints/chargebacks they receive...
Avid at any cost...

This review was modified by grybaz on July 21 2016 04:39:57 AM

2016-07-21

Never go for a cheap price!

"I bought Huawei p8 lite from this site. It was competent price and then i bought it. I bought it on 3rd of July and its 18 days and shockingly, they have not shipped yet. I write to them every 2-3 days and they say my order is prioritized and promised for expedite delivery. I dont know if they are really going to send or not. It was my mistake that i did not read the reviews before. Going through reviews, i feel down again as they take much longer time to refund as well. I paisa via Visa Debit and paid the amount through Skrill account. I dont know what to do. If someone can suggest me would be lot help.
PS: i dont recommend this site to anyone!

This review was modified by user15 on July 21 2016 04:18:00 AM

2016-07-20

Absolutely dreadful

"Have ordered a mobile phone and paid through their website 28.05.16. No order confirmation and after chasing I've been confirmed delivery in 10 days. One month and many chases later, I have cancelled the order and requested refund.
The cancellation was confirmed promptly, but I have now been chasing refund for more than a month. Every time you just get a template standard reply, no movement at all, no reason for the delay given.

This review was modified by Nonick123 on July 20 2016 04:50:00 AM

2016-07-15

Fraudulent - cancelled order still not refunded after 6 weeks

"I came across Simply Electronics through Google shopping - which I assumed meant that they had been vetted. I bought an Ipad pro and made a payment through skrill. After 2 days my money had been debited but the order was still showing as processing payment and, as I was going away for a few weeks, I feared that it would not be delivered in time. I therefore cancelled it using their website email form. It took 48 hrs and a few reminders before they acknowledged the cancellation. This was 7 weeks ago. I have emailed them weekly and they keep saying:

My sincere apologies for the delay in processing your refund. I know this has caused you much inconvenience and I sincerely apologize for this delay.

Your refund is on priority status and has been escalated to our accounts team who are working with our payment partners to expedite your refund. Again, I apologize for the amount of time this is taking and pull no punches for the delay.

I am hopeful that your refund will be initiated in the coming days ahead (if not sooner). A refund confirmation email can be expected upon completion.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help,

I keep getting the same email response every week and still no Refund. I will report them to Google, Skrill and all European consumer protection authorities and do my best to close them down. I will only stop if they refund me. Please do the same!

This review was modified by benyboy on July 15 2016 08:28:27 AM

2016-07-14

OK., not the fastest off the blocks but OK

"I read the reviews on this company after I had placed my order and clearly they made me somewhat nervous however let me just report my experience. I placed the order on 27th June and it has been delivered today 13th July, that makes it 17 days for a delivery. Not very quick but not outrageously slow either; let me give you the pluses, firstly of course there is the price and secondly my emails were answered very quickly, like within an hour or so, when I emailed to enquire on progress and once the goods had been dispatched I had a tracking number and was able to follow its progress. I have read other reports saying these people are scammers, that is rubbish, yes they are slow and somewhat formulaic in their responses but logically if payments are accepted by credit or debit card there can be no question of a scam as the money is safe, Would I buy from them again? Yes I would; although next time I would be aware of the delivery time I can expect. I hope this helps bring a little balance."

This review was modified by A4paperman on July 14 2016 07:26:49 AM

2016-07-12

You are the worst business i have ever dealt with

"Where do I begin. I ordered a samsung galaxy s7 edge on the 22 June. They said it would take between 4 - 10 days. Normally when businesses say this the product arrives between 4 - 10 days it arrives around the 8th day. When I called to check up on my order, they said.
'it is not ten days yet'. As if it was some sort of game. In total I called 8, yes 8, times to check where my order is as the "10 day" gap soon disappeared to become 4 days - 2 weeks. I called and called and all the advisors told me they will get in contact with the logistics team and get on to it fast as well as sending me an email. This did not happen with 4 advisors I spoke to. It is the 12th July today so 20 days after I ordered the product I call again to hear that it is not coming this Friday, but is coming the following week. Why put 4 - 10 days delivery if you are actually meaning 4 weeks. If it was not in stock then don't advertise it. I know people who have cycled to the North of England to the very bottom of England in a shorter space of time than you can post one single item. I am 21 years old and I could do better than your awfully organised, absolute shambles of a business. Do you honestly think your business is going to flourish when you treat your customer with so little effort. Your prices are good but you know what, I would pay an extra £100 for the same product so I don't have to deal with this stress ever again. A phone is not a present, it is something that I actually desperately need to sort my self out but you could not even give me a day when it will arrive. Sort yourselves out, otherwise you are just heading into a brick wall.

Love Rob

This review was modified by RobBailey on July 12 2016 08:32:23 AM

2016-07-09

WARNING! Don't buy!

"They are scam, they will change you but don't deliver or refund, hold your money for thousands of excuses, please contact you bank and ask for chargeback scheme if you use Debit card!"

This review was modified by Archerd on July 09 2016 01:02:28 AM

2016-07-04

Buyer Beware Simply there to take your money

"I have given this one star but none would be more appropriate!

I went to purchase a 24-105mm canon lens on the 3rd of May. I checked the reviews and initially appeared good so went ahead. This was my first mistake. My second was to paid by Mastercard Debit and therefore have very little protection. After over six weeks waiting and send emails my status went from preparing to be shipped to in Queue (permanently).
Left with no lens nor any idea when one be sent. I cancelled my order. Of course I am still waiting for a refund today (4th July).

After checking the Hong Kong Trading Standards, it appears that that Simplyelectronics.net employ “Bait Advertising” namely say items are in stock when quite clearly they are not, and as a method to steal money from unsuspecting customers.

This review is a warning to prospective customers. To make sure IF you go with simpleyelectronics.net you have protection WHEN it goes wrong.

This review was modified by GregGoldston on July 04 2016 02:36:27 PM

2016-06-24

Appalling service - basically they tell you lies

"Ordered an item on 6 June because it said 'in stock' delivery within 5- working days. Rang on 17 June 8 working days later to be told BY CONFIRMED EMAIL, sorry but your order has been prioritised and you will receive it by the end of next week ie; 24 June. Today I am told they have no idea when stock will be in and just wait for an email about delivery. I have cancelled, I do not want to deal with a company that tells lies and will not even refer back to the written promise they gave me"

This review was modified by K.Stephens on June 24 2016 05:04:31 AM

2016-06-20

Joke of a Company

"I ordered a new HTC One 10 phone from this company as it was a little bit cheaper than the nearest rivals and the website indicated they were in stock. Delivery time was quoted as 4-10 days which seemed on the high side but not a huge price to pay. It was a non-UK company but hey the world is an international market place these days and these are respected traders I thought. Big Mistake. My biggest mistake though was not reading the reviews.

Just like seemingly every other reviewer here, my phone wasn't in stock and after 2 weeks I chased only to be fobbed off with apologies and an upgrade in status to Priority. After another week I noticed the same phone was available cheaper with Gadget Monocle and so cancelled my order. Two further weeks later and I'm still waiting for my refund, though I do at least have my phone since Gadget Monocle managed to delivery it from HK in just four days.

This company is a joke and will waste your time. Do not be tempted to order with them just to save a few pounds. It really isn't worth the hassle and delays you will inevitably get. There are many other proper companies out there who will respect your custom.

This review was modified by AndyJW on June 20 2016 05:30:56 AM

2016-06-16

RIP off company

" totally discussing company to do business with. I've had nothing but false promises since my order was raised. Goods were not shaped as per there advert. They have not refunded me my money what they owe. All I have had is excuse after excuse from them but they still advertise the latest deals. This has now been handed to on to my bank to chase them for my money as this is cast as fraud. DO NOT USE THEM even though there prices are attractive it is NOT worth it."

This review was modified by notahappycustomer63 on June 16 2016 01:32:07 PM

2016-06-10

Lens buyer

"This is the third time I have ordered a lens for NIKON from Simply Electronics...I had in fact forgotten I had done so until I reviewed my orders so I obviously was drawn back to them without previous thoughts of them!"

This review was modified by StuartGL on June 10 2016 10:36:20 AM

2016-05-30

Don't use

"I attempted to buy a Galaxy Tab from this company. Website says delivery in 2-5 days. After 3 weeks - nothing. "24 hour" helpline has crackly recorded message saying that they have a problem with the phones. Response to emails was that my order was now prioritised, but the website continued to promise 2-5 day delivery. Eventually cancelled and asked for refund. Then email exchanges said my refund was being prioritised. I gave up and asked the credit card company to get the money back."

This review was modified by Mashala on May 30 2016 03:17:52 PM

2016-05-25

Still waiting....

"I still have not received my galaxy gear vr. I was told it would take 4 days, and then received an email from simplyelectronics saying i'd been bumped up to priority mail. woohoo, might get it sooner! No. It's now been 8 days and no sign of the package. I live in London and it's coming from France. Not that far really."

This review was modified by cyrusvw on May 25 2016 12:58:27 AM

2016-05-03

do not use them !

"items are shipped from asia and this is not clear from their advertising.

i had a sony xperia go faulty after 6 mo- they refused to honour the 12 month warranty and on examination sony uk claimed the unit had been opened since manufacture with screws missing.

No recourse other then legal action

This review was modified by alpy on May 03 2016 11:41:30 PM

Share SimplyElectronics's store rating

SimplyElectronics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SimplyElectronics is not a merchant member
SimplyElectronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!