Stores > SimplyElectronics

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.83/10 1.83/10

2016-06-24

Appalling service - basically they tell you lies

"Ordered an item on 6 June because it said 'in stock' delivery within 5- working days. Rang on 17 June 8 working days later to be told BY CONFIRMED EMAIL, sorry but your order has been prioritised and you will receive it by the end of next week ie; 24 June. Today I am told they have no idea when stock will be in and just wait for an email about delivery. I have cancelled, I do not want to deal with a company that tells lies and will not even refer back to the written promise they gave me"

This review was modified by K.Stephens on June 24 2016 05:04:31 AM

2016-06-20

Joke of a Company

"I ordered a new HTC One 10 phone from this company as it was a little bit cheaper than the nearest rivals and the website indicated they were in stock. Delivery time was quoted as 4-10 days which seemed on the high side but not a huge price to pay. It was a non-UK company but hey the world is an international market place these days and these are respected traders I thought. Big Mistake. My biggest mistake though was not reading the reviews.

Just like seemingly every other reviewer here, my phone wasn't in stock and after 2 weeks I chased only to be fobbed off with apologies and an upgrade in status to Priority. After another week I noticed the same phone was available cheaper with Gadget Monocle and so cancelled my order. Two further weeks later and I'm still waiting for my refund, though I do at least have my phone since Gadget Monocle managed to delivery it from HK in just four days.

This company is a joke and will waste your time. Do not be tempted to order with them just to save a few pounds. It really isn't worth the hassle and delays you will inevitably get. There are many other proper companies out there who will respect your custom.

This review was modified by AndyJW on June 20 2016 05:30:56 AM

2016-06-16

RIP off company

" totally discussing company to do business with. I've had nothing but false promises since my order was raised. Goods were not shaped as per there advert. They have not refunded me my money what they owe. All I have had is excuse after excuse from them but they still advertise the latest deals. This has now been handed to on to my bank to chase them for my money as this is cast as fraud. DO NOT USE THEM even though there prices are attractive it is NOT worth it."

This review was modified by notahappycustomer63 on June 16 2016 01:32:07 PM

2016-06-10

Lens buyer

"This is the third time I have ordered a lens for NIKON from Simply Electronics...I had in fact forgotten I had done so until I reviewed my orders so I obviously was drawn back to them without previous thoughts of them!"

This review was modified by StuartGL on June 10 2016 10:36:20 AM

2016-05-30

Don't use

"I attempted to buy a Galaxy Tab from this company. Website says delivery in 2-5 days. After 3 weeks - nothing. "24 hour" helpline has crackly recorded message saying that they have a problem with the phones. Response to emails was that my order was now prioritised, but the website continued to promise 2-5 day delivery. Eventually cancelled and asked for refund. Then email exchanges said my refund was being prioritised. I gave up and asked the credit card company to get the money back."

This review was modified by Mashala on May 30 2016 03:17:52 PM

2016-05-25

Still waiting....

"I still have not received my galaxy gear vr. I was told it would take 4 days, and then received an email from simplyelectronics saying i'd been bumped up to priority mail. woohoo, might get it sooner! No. It's now been 8 days and no sign of the package. I live in London and it's coming from France. Not that far really."

This review was modified by cyrusvw on May 25 2016 12:58:27 AM
Rep reply posted May-29-2016

A rep from SimplyElectronics, Simply_Electronics, has responded

“Your order was shipped out and delivered inside our mentioned time-frame.

2016-05-03

do not use them !

"items are shipped from asia and this is not clear from their advertising.

i had a sony xperia go faulty after 6 mo- they refused to honour the 12 month warranty and on examination sony uk claimed the unit had been opened since manufacture with screws missing.

No recourse other then legal action

This review was modified by alpy on May 03 2016 11:41:30 PM
Rep reply posted May-04-2016

A rep from SimplyElectronics, Simply_Electronics, has responded

“I'm sorry to read that our service was not as per your expectations. Note that our Terms and Conditions indicates the origin of our company.

Also, be informed that we sell brand new and genuine items otherwise stated in our product listing.

2016-04-23

Shipping

"Ordered a phone on 4th Aprile and its not even dispatched. Would no recommend buying anything from them."

This review was modified by tommypiaa on April 23 2016 02:57:58 AM
Rep reply posted Apr-24-2016

A rep from SimplyElectronics, Simply_Electronics, has responded

“We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I have advised our Customer Service Team and an agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

2016-04-04

Bad service and liar's

"This was my second order and my last one.
First time there were some delays (something that can happen)
But this time i ordered on the 8th of march and my phone is still not even send to me.
First it was in quality check and awaiting dispatch then there were delays on the dispatch and now the phone is not in stock anymore.
Pretty weird because on the website there were still 5 items in stock and since today there are 10 in stock again but still none coming to me.

the only answer i had was that i may choose another phone .... wtf if it's still in stock why should i choose another phone... just send me my order.

So bad experience and like said before last experience with them if you hesitate to order there well just don't they maybe are cheaper but the time waiting and spend trying to know what happens with my shipment is not worht it.

This review was modified by thaboon on April 04 2016 04:07:56 AM
Rep reply posted Apr-05-2016

“Dear David Boon,

We're sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory experience.

The order provided is confirmed to have been put on hold due to the issues with the warehouse stocks the order was assigned to be dispatched from. One of our agents will be contacting you soon for further information and to assist you in having the order processed accordingly.

Should there be any further issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us right away.”

2016-03-28

simply electronics is no con

"This is the first time I have ordered from simply electronics. I saw a 64gb Samsung S6 at a very low price, I ordered the product as a present for my wife. After ordering I thought that spending so much money with a company I should really have checked them out before ordering. I googled the company and many people complained of long waits, rubbish customer services, no product ever arrived or problems getting a refund. Each with a reason or response from the company.
This immediately got me a little worried and so I waited around a week and no parcel so I contacted customer services. They put my mind at rest and all was fine, a week later the same but I was even more worried I had been conned but customer services put my mind at rest again and promised to keep me updated on there site. Each time I emailed I received a response quickly, politely and helpfully. Yes the item did take a long time to arrive, a month in total but the savings and the quality of the goods on arrival far outweigh the waiting time. Customer services were excellent and I would definitely order again from simply electronics and just remember they have long delivery times.

In essence if you don't mind waiting for your product and make a saving of around £200 then order from simply electronics as they send quality products if you cannot wait or the saving is not enough for you order elsewhere.

This review was modified by gavstar76 on March 28 2016 09:08:12 AM

2016-03-17

Ordered on 10th February, still not despatched, 17th of March!

"Ordered on 10th February, still not despatched, 17th of March!
Need I say more!!!

This review was modified by Guyzy42 on March 17 2016 07:14:55 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-17-2016

“Dear Rory Aldridge,

We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience.

The order number provided is confirmed to be in the queue for dispatch and delivery. Unfortunately, due to the high backlog of orders in the same queue, as well as a few warehouse stock issues, dispatch and delivery schedules were delayed. Rest assured, however, that these are being addressed and that, as of this writing, orders are continuously being shipped and delivered daily.

2016-03-08

Item not delivered - today 38 days

"Put an order on 31/01/2016, 15 days later my item went to priority dispatch. Today is 08/03/2016. I wrote two times to customer service - exactly the same generic answer - "We are trying our best to fulfill all orders as soon as possible ", but no timeframe in answer. Should I wait another month? Or maybe a year? Who knows... My opinion is, they sell many items which have not in stock, lying to customers they are in stock. AVOID!"

This review was modified by megaturba on March 08 2016 08:09:06 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-08-2016

“Dear Pavel Nazarov,

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

The order number provided is confirmed to be in the priority queue for dispatch team to handle and ship out. Unfortunately, as there were a few issues with the stocks at the warehouse the order was assigned, order had to be transferred to another warehouse that had the item available as well. However, due to the backlog of orders at that particular warehouse that the dispatch team is handling, shipping-out schedule was not met. Rest assured that these are being addressed and that orders are being shipped out and delivered daily.

2016-02-12

dodgy web try avoid

"if you can avoid this web.
this is dodgy company
i did order smartfone 2 month ago
still I didn't get it

Rep reply posted Feb-14-2016

“Dear Artur Kania,

We're sorry to hear about the delayed delivery on your order.

It is confirmed to be in the priority queue at the moment. Unfortunately, due to the backlog of orders in the same delivery queue, shipping and delivery schedules were not met and were delayed. Rest assured that this is being addressed and that orders are still being dispatched and delivered daily.

2016-01-27

Excellent customer service from Simply Electronics

"Bought an Oppo HA-2 from SE as they had the cheapest price by far. It arrived about 8 days later, but with foreign user leaflet and charger unit plug. (Only to be expected with a 'grey' import I suppose).
Various emails to SE customer service, which were all answered promptly and helpfully. A multi-adaptor travel plug was sent from HK shortly afterwards (a very neat bit of kit), and I downloaded the UK version of the user info from the Oppo UK website.
All working fine, so a happy experience for me!

This review was modified by nick295 on January 27 2016 04:46:48 AM

2016-01-09

"I would give no stars if possible.

After ordering a phone on the 15th of November. Being told to wait 7-10 days for delivery. It is now the 9th January and still no phone.

This was passed to myhermes for delivery on the 28th of November. They never came. I tried, as requested to rearrange delivery but they just referred me back to Simply. Hermes site had the phone out for delivery 3 more times. Each time it showed as a failed delivery but no reason why. The phone then showed as returned to sender 23rd December.

All this time. I chased Simply. On the phone they said wait a few days. After that the phones went down & I still cannot get through.

Help desk tickets get the response. We will deal with this within 24hrs. My last one is still unnasigned for a week now. All others get closed without a response.

I am now forced to approach my bank to try and get a charge back for a refund.

This company have taken my £396 and basically robbed me. The site now shows I have no outstanding orders.

They should not be allowed to trade in the UK and I will endeavour to ensure this happens.

This review was modified by 1Sheermadness on January 09 2016 03:51:01 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-11-2016

“Dear Customer,

We're very sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident.
Checking with the delivery team and reviewing the courier's updates/communications, it shows that instead of our instructions to complete delivery, the parcel was instead returned to our warehouse, without any update. This case is now being closely reviewed by our delivery team's liaison with the courier, as management, for consideration when reviewing courier performance.

In the meantime, we will be issuing refund on the order. One of our agents will be in contact with you and update you accordingly.”

Share SimplyElectronics's store rating

SimplyElectronics is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SimplyElectronics is a merchant member
SimplyElectronics participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,558 merchant members.