• SimplyElectroni

Product & services pricing Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.59/10 5.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.07/10 5.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.47/10 5.47/10

"I received a confirmation that my order was shipped last June 19 through DPD and was provided with a tracking number. Checked it on the 24th and there was no changes so I called them. They escalated the issue to the courier and 2 days after, my order was delivered.

"I never thought that it will be delivered this fast. That was brilliant. Thanks a million."

"Ordered twice and was delivered on time for the second time. Happy and will continue with my business from here."

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

I ordered a camera on the 21st June for my daughter's birthday on the 1st July.

I received an email on the 25th stating that my order had been upgraded and would be delivered within the next few days at no extra charge.

On the 30th, slightly worried, I rang their customer services who told me it was in transit & would arrive in the next few days - giving me a tracking number for DPD and telling me to talk to the courier to expedite delivery.

On the 1st I finally found & spoke to the helpline at DPD - who very helpfully dug into the issue and let me know that they hadn't yet received the camera to deliver to me.

So I rang back SimplyElectronics who then acknowledged that the camera was now on a boat that had just left Hong Kong that morning (!!!) & that they weren't able to cancel the order as it 'wasn't in their hands' - and that anyway I would now have to pay a fee!

Luckily bought on my credit card, so Section 75 etc but DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Rep reply posted Jul-02-2015

“Dear Customer,

Please do accept our sincere apologies for the long wait on the order's delivery.

The order was indeed shipped from our warehouse on 25-June, on its way to the courier's delivery depot. This shipment usually arrives at its destination within a small window. However, for this shipment, it looks to have taken a longer than normal time to reach the delivery depot. Rest assured that we will be consulting the responsible teams in regards to this delay.

As for the parcel's current status, it is at the courier's delivery depot. They will soon be contacting you for final delivery arrangements.

We appreciate your patience and kind understanding on the matter. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further issues with the order.”

"This site offered the best prices for iPhone and the delivery was good. I received my order in the 4th day and it was in good shape. I am absolutely impressed."

"Never appalled with the service, product and customer support. I'll definitely be a return customer down the track.

"DO NOT BUY FROM SIMPLY ELECTRONICS
I ordered a Google nexus 6 3 weeks ago and it hasn't even left the warehouse yet, I requested a refund because I am fed up waiting and apparently I have a pay a restock fee!! It's probably not even in stock so why charge me a restock fee, avoid at all costs.

Rep reply posted Jun-30-2015

“Dear Customer,

First of all, we would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

The order is currently being processed for cancellation and refund. Once this is completed, you will be notified accordingly. Rest assured that a thorough review on the case is on-going. Such a delay is not typical in the orders processed for dispatch and delivery.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further concerns or issues.”

"Really pleased with my mobile phone purchase (LG G3) phone which arrived yesterday. Excellent service. Will use again."

"The prices are great but they were late in delivering my goods.

"I have a very pleasant experience from this company. I admit that I was not convinced at first but I still decided to give it a try because of the very low prices which I can save upto 50% rather than buying the item from my local store. I called to place an order and spoke with a gentleman (I forgot his name)He explained everything and told me that the delivery time frame is 4 to 10 working days. To my surprise I received the tracking number in 2 days and my order was delivered the next day.

"I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S from SimplyElectronics and have had a terrible experience from beginning to end.

The product took around 3 weeks to arrive which was disappointing but not unexpected once i worked out that it would be coming from outside of Europe.

The real issues began however when the tablet showed signs of being faulty. There were issues with the screen going blank. I returned the item to simplyelectronics who were to have it 'fixed' in a service centre in Hong Kong.

After acknowledging that the item had been received and was considered to be faulty in January it was April before i received the tablet from the service centre.

Unfortunately my experience when from bad to worse when the returned tablet was once again showing signed that it was faulty. Issues again with the screen and similar symptoms. The tablet became unusable very quickly.

Frustratedly i got back in touch with simply electronics and requested a refund and i'd return the item.

I was told that the item would need to be returned to the service centre once again in Hong Kong. Some weeks later i was informed that the fault was due to an issue with the screen and that i caused the damage therefore the fault wasn't covered by the warranty. They sent me an image of a tiny crack in the corner of the screen.

To my credit, I took the time to photograph the tablet before sending the item back to HK each time in case of issues with damage in transit. I sent Simplyelectronics a photograph clearly showing the screen was not damaged when it left however (and unsurprising) they dispute this image.

They - it would seem - can dispute the image i sent them but i am unable to dispute their photos they sent me showing the damage.

So over 6 months on from detecting a fault with the tablet i am no closer to getting a refund or even a working replacement.

My advice would be to avoid this company. From my experience their customer service and willingness to do the right thing for their customers is non-existent.

If i do not get a suitable resolution soon i will be filing a case in the small claims court against SE it's got to that point.

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2015

“Dear Joemills,

Please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and the trouble experienced.

Rest assured that we are further investigating the case and will be checking with relevant teams on the status of the case. Based on current communications exchanged, it shows that the item was returned to us for repairs, for the same issue, however, as this was returned to the service center for repairs, it was deemed to have been damaged and the warranty voided. Item was previously repaired, with the screen replaced and fully functioning when this was sent back.

For any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us right away.”

"This merchant by far is one of the best online store I dealt with. I placed an order on the 30th of May and it was delivered on the 3rd of June - it was perfect. I called them to ask for a copy of invoice because I lost my copy. They promptly respond to my request.

"Very good interaction with customer service. The experience from order placing to delivery
was awesome. I really enjoyed shopping from here and will shop for more in the future.

"perfect product, delivery and customer support"

"I placed my order on 7th of May, received parcel on 18th. Expensive phone was paced in soft plastic bag and when opened the bag found that the original box inside was badly damaged as well as phone. Contacted Simply Electronics immediately providing them with photos and detailed description. Received email that logistic team will contact me but they have never done it. Rang them yesterday which was 3 days after received the damaged item, the person I spoke to promised that the logistic team will contact me within the day but ques they never did!!!!! What a shocking customer service. They may have good prices but the hassle is not worth of that!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Update - It has been over 2 weeks now since I received the damaged item and still hasnt got it solved yet. Communication with the company is ridiculous, I receive reply to my email day after I send it, during phone conversation was ensured that relevant agent is contacting me within the day but never contacted. At the moment, 2 weeks after I reported that the delivered item is damaged their teams is still working with delivery company to solve it but in their stupidity they sent it in soft plastic bag which doesn't give any protection to the item inside and you can crush the item inside without damaging the bag and here I believe is problem as delivery company may not accept any complain as external packaging hasn't been damaged. Somebody tried to save on packaging and as result of this stupid decision I've lost lots of time for emails and calls just get what what I paid for and I still do not know how long time it will take to get it solved.

UPDATE 09/06/2015 - It's been over 3 weeks now since Simply Electronics delivered damaged item and still it hasn't been solved. I haven't received any update for week now. It's very disappointing! They contacted me asking if I tested the damaged phone. It's unbelievable it looks like it's another time-buying exercise.

UPDATE 10/06/2015 - let's see how long time it will take them to contact me and then to pick the item up. Bare in mind there is always some promise as response to review published on web services but lets see if there is any action following.

Try imagine if you bought something faulty from them and you try to get it repaired or replaced under warranty! You won't be happy waiting ages for any information!

!!!! AVOID THEM !!!!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY as the hassle is not worth the little bit better price.

Rep reply posted Jun-10-2015

“Dear Customer,

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced with the order.

Rest assured that your case was an exceptional one and not a common occurrence, As of the moment, we are investigating the matter with the courier, as well as the relevant teams who handled the parcel. Unfortunately, as this involved a third party - the courier company - updates on the matter are a bit delayed and far between. We are constantly checking on them for a resolution on the matter.

In the meantime, one of our agents will be contacting you to arrange for the collection of the item. Details on how to go about this process will be provided.

We appreciate your patience and kind understanding on the matter.”

Share SimplyElectronics's store rating

SimplyElectronics is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SimplyElectronics is a merchant member
SimplyElectronics participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,847 merchant members.