Stores > SimplyElectronics

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2016-05-03

do not use them !

"items are shipped from asia and this is not clear from their advertising.

i had a sony xperia go faulty after 6 mo- they refused to honour the 12 month warranty and on examination sony uk claimed the unit had been opened since manufacture with screws missing.

No recourse other then legal action

This review was modified by alpy on May 03 2016 11:41:30 PM
Rep reply posted May-04-2016

A rep from SimplyElectronics, Simply_Electronics, has responded

“I'm sorry to read that our service was not as per your expectations. Note that our Terms and Conditions indicates the origin of our company.

Also, be informed that we sell brand new and genuine items otherwise stated in our product listing.

Thank you for your understanding.”

2016-04-23

Shipping

"Ordered a phone on 4th Aprile and its not even dispatched. Would no recommend buying anything from them."

This review was modified by tommypiaa on April 23 2016 02:57:58 AM
Rep reply posted Apr-24-2016

A rep from SimplyElectronics, Simply_Electronics, has responded

“We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I have advised our Customer Service Team and an agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.”

2016-04-04

Bad service and liar's

"This was my second order and my last one.
First time there were some delays (something that can happen)
But this time i ordered on the 8th of march and my phone is still not even send to me.
First it was in quality check and awaiting dispatch then there were delays on the dispatch and now the phone is not in stock anymore.
Pretty weird because on the website there were still 5 items in stock and since today there are 10 in stock again but still none coming to me.

the only answer i had was that i may choose another phone .... wtf if it's still in stock why should i choose another phone... just send me my order.

So bad experience and like said before last experience with them if you hesitate to order there well just don't they maybe are cheaper but the time waiting and spend trying to know what happens with my shipment is not worht it.

This review was modified by thaboon on April 04 2016 04:07:56 AM
Rep reply posted Apr-05-2016

“Dear David Boon,

We're sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory experience.

The order provided is confirmed to have been put on hold due to the issues with the warehouse stocks the order was assigned to be dispatched from. One of our agents will be contacting you soon for further information and to assist you in having the order processed accordingly.

Should there be any further issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us right away.”

2016-03-28

simply electronics is no con

"This is the first time I have ordered from simply electronics. I saw a 64gb Samsung S6 at a very low price, I ordered the product as a present for my wife. After ordering I thought that spending so much money with a company I should really have checked them out before ordering. I googled the company and many people complained of long waits, rubbish customer services, no product ever arrived or problems getting a refund. Each with a reason or response from the company.
This immediately got me a little worried and so I waited around a week and no parcel so I contacted customer services. They put my mind at rest and all was fine, a week later the same but I was even more worried I had been conned but customer services put my mind at rest again and promised to keep me updated on there site. Each time I emailed I received a response quickly, politely and helpfully. Yes the item did take a long time to arrive, a month in total but the savings and the quality of the goods on arrival far outweigh the waiting time. Customer services were excellent and I would definitely order again from simply electronics and just remember they have long delivery times.

In essence if you don't mind waiting for your product and make a saving of around £200 then order from simply electronics as they send quality products if you cannot wait or the saving is not enough for you order elsewhere.

This review was modified by gavstar76 on March 28 2016 09:08:12 AM

2016-03-17

Ordered on 10th February, still not despatched, 17th of March!

"Ordered on 10th February, still not despatched, 17th of March!
Need I say more!!!

This review was modified by Guyzy42 on March 17 2016 07:14:55 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-17-2016

“Dear Rory Aldridge,

We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience.

The order number provided is confirmed to be in the queue for dispatch and delivery. Unfortunately, due to the high backlog of orders in the same queue, as well as a few warehouse stock issues, dispatch and delivery schedules were delayed. Rest assured, however, that these are being addressed and that, as of this writing, orders are continuously being shipped and delivered daily.

2016-03-08

Item not delivered - today 38 days

"Put an order on 31/01/2016, 15 days later my item went to priority dispatch. Today is 08/03/2016. I wrote two times to customer service - exactly the same generic answer - "We are trying our best to fulfill all orders as soon as possible ", but no timeframe in answer. Should I wait another month? Or maybe a year? Who knows... My opinion is, they sell many items which have not in stock, lying to customers they are in stock. AVOID!"

This review was modified by megaturba on March 08 2016 08:09:06 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-08-2016

“Dear Pavel Nazarov,

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

The order number provided is confirmed to be in the priority queue for dispatch team to handle and ship out. Unfortunately, as there were a few issues with the stocks at the warehouse the order was assigned, order had to be transferred to another warehouse that had the item available as well. However, due to the backlog of orders at that particular warehouse that the dispatch team is handling, shipping-out schedule was not met. Rest assured that these are being addressed and that orders are being shipped out and delivered daily.

2016-02-12

dodgy web try avoid

"if you can avoid this web.
this is dodgy company
i did order smartfone 2 month ago
still I didn't get it

Rep reply posted Feb-14-2016

“Dear Artur Kania,

We're sorry to hear about the delayed delivery on your order.

It is confirmed to be in the priority queue at the moment. Unfortunately, due to the backlog of orders in the same delivery queue, shipping and delivery schedules were not met and were delayed. Rest assured that this is being addressed and that orders are still being dispatched and delivered daily.

2016-01-27

Excellent customer service from Simply Electronics

"Bought an Oppo HA-2 from SE as they had the cheapest price by far. It arrived about 8 days later, but with foreign user leaflet and charger unit plug. (Only to be expected with a 'grey' import I suppose).
Various emails to SE customer service, which were all answered promptly and helpfully. A multi-adaptor travel plug was sent from HK shortly afterwards (a very neat bit of kit), and I downloaded the UK version of the user info from the Oppo UK website.
All working fine, so a happy experience for me!

This review was modified by nick295 on January 27 2016 04:46:48 AM

2016-01-09

"I would give no stars if possible.

After ordering a phone on the 15th of November. Being told to wait 7-10 days for delivery. It is now the 9th January and still no phone.

This was passed to myhermes for delivery on the 28th of November. They never came. I tried, as requested to rearrange delivery but they just referred me back to Simply. Hermes site had the phone out for delivery 3 more times. Each time it showed as a failed delivery but no reason why. The phone then showed as returned to sender 23rd December.

All this time. I chased Simply. On the phone they said wait a few days. After that the phones went down & I still cannot get through.

Help desk tickets get the response. We will deal with this within 24hrs. My last one is still unnasigned for a week now. All others get closed without a response.

I am now forced to approach my bank to try and get a charge back for a refund.

This company have taken my £396 and basically robbed me. The site now shows I have no outstanding orders.

They should not be allowed to trade in the UK and I will endeavour to ensure this happens.

This review was modified by 1Sheermadness on January 09 2016 03:51:01 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-11-2016

“Dear Customer,

We're very sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident.
Checking with the delivery team and reviewing the courier's updates/communications, it shows that instead of our instructions to complete delivery, the parcel was instead returned to our warehouse, without any update. This case is now being closely reviewed by our delivery team's liaison with the courier, as management, for consideration when reviewing courier performance.

In the meantime, we will be issuing refund on the order. One of our agents will be in contact with you and update you accordingly.”

2015-12-07

"Hi,

I have been chasing for battery replacement since last 10 days and all the response I get is sir change the cable, charger , battery, send us the screenshot and all the lame excuses of this world rather than serving the warranty.

Leah @ S.E in 2015 is still under the impression that batteries get damaged to overcharged. Since 2013 majority of the mobiles cuts of the power when battery is charged.

When I called samsung they can't recognise the product because it's a non uk movbile. Apparently it came from HONG KONG due to which I can't claim manufacturer warranty.

So long story short I have bought a product which no one is willing to claim the warranty.

However, I have filed a legal claim with OMBUDSMAN and raised a dispute with my bank to get my money back for non disclosure of origin of product.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM HERE. THEY HAVEN'T GOT ANY POST SALES/repair phone number. All there representative are sitting in Philipine and no verbal interaction is possible.

I wish I would have read people reviews previously.

This review was modified by y2farrukh on December 08 2015 07:38:03 AM
Rep reply posted Dec-17-2015

“Dear Customer,
We're sorry to hear that you've had a less than satisfactory experience.

Checking and reviewing the email exchanges in our mailbox, we can confirm that one of our agents is currently assisting you with having the item returned for it is still covered by warranty. Please note that such a warranty coverage would mean that the item will have to be returned for a full assessment. Aside from the required full-assessment, it is a courier-risk to ship or dispatch just the phone battery alone - unfortunately, this has been strongly discouraged by our courier.

So as to expedite this processing, please do check on the email response provided on the same email ticket opened.

2015-11-10

"The Prices are good and yes, its true. I received my order on time as they promised and never had any (not even) single issue with it. I would prefer to shop from this store in the future."

This review was modified by haizenbost on November 12 2015 09:22:01 PM

2015-11-06

"I ordered a Canon EOS 750d camera for my daughters birthday. Having found the camera on the SimplyElectronics website I was amazed at the price but after reading a few reviews noticed that it was taking around 3 weeks for delivery and not the 4-10 days advertised on the web site.

I ordered the camera and it took 19 days to arrive. It arrived in perfect condition, it was well packaged so I am really pleased with my purchase.

The only gripe I have is the delivery time. From the point of being notified that it had been dispatched from their warehouse (3-4 days after ordering), it took the best part of 14 days to arrive at DPD in the UK. Once at DPD, it was swiftly tracked all the way to my house around 36 hours later. For the 14 days it was being shipped (I'm guessing it was on a boat although this wasn't confirmed) I emailed SimplyElectronics every couple of days and despite always coming back to me quickly, they couldn't tell me where it was and just kept saying "Having checked the status of your orders, it shows that the parcel is still in transit to destination. Please allow few days for the courier to arrive on your end." They obviously don't track it properly from Hong Kong to the UK but once it hits DPD they take over and the service is excellent.

Anyway, gripe over, camera is excellent and an unbelievable price (£130 cheaper than John Lewis) and exactly the same. I would definitely order from these guys again but will fully expect a 3 week delivery.

Hope this helps.

Rep reply posted Nov-11-2015

“Dear Customer,

We appreciate receiving feedback on your recent experience with us, as we are working on further improving the services that we offer.

The order number provided shows to have been shipped out from one of our warehouse, but experienced some delays along the way, as it was on transit to the courier's delivery depot. Checking further on the matter, we were advised by the delivery team that the shipment headed to the depot was held at customs for some time, which caused the delay on the delivery completion of order. Rest assured that this case has been reviewed by the delivery team and are working to avoid such from happening again.

Whereas for the information that the agents have given you, we are reviewing this with them as well - it is necessary that clear and concise order updates are provided to customers for such cases.

Once again, we thank you for providing us with this feedback and comment, as this has been very helpful indeed.

Should there be any other concerns or assistance that we can offer, please do not hesitate to contact us right away.”

2015-11-02

"I received my order late. In fact I've waited for it for over 2 weeks. What I am happy about is that they never fail to give me an update about the delivery. It was actually held in customs but they made an assurance that they will inform me once release, which they actually did."

2015-10-29

"I ordered a Canon 1200D on 10th Oct as the price was so very good, cheaper than anywhere. After I sent off for it I then read all the reviews and of course I was filled with dread as a lot said it was a scam site. After 7 days waiting I sent a message enquiring as to when I could expect my goods as the website said delivery usually 3/4 working days. After some searching I discovered my goods were held in customs. At all times I was kept informed and my goods arrived, a few days later than I was expecting but they arrived as advertised, well packed and it is a wonderful camera. I would advise you that if you are prepared to wait and be polite in all your dealings with customer service then this is a good company to order from. Delivery could be faster but they cannot be beaten on price. I am very happy with my purchase. Simply Electronics is no scam as I have the proof, my lovely camera here in front of me. Very happy indeed."

2015-10-14

"Never get appalled with the service. They delivered my order on time they contacted me to provide the tracking number when it was shipped."

Share SimplyElectronics's store rating

SimplyElectronics is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SimplyElectronics is a merchant member
SimplyElectronics participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,592 merchant members.