• Sierra Trading

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.59/10 6.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.68/10 5.68/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.69/10 4.69/10

"I've been a loyal Sierra Trading Post.com customer for over 10 yrs, got many good bargains. Unfortunately, it appears that the customer service and order handling is getting progressively worse. The phone calls i made to correct problems regarding returns/exchanges using store credit, etc. didn't improve a thing. I am not talking about paying a "minimal fee" for return shipping - I understand this part. Its about STP charging my credit card at their discretion regarless of me following all the return policy rules and timeframes. I have a problem with my card being charged for some unkhown reason; i made phone calls to CS to clarity to always hear some kind of "explanation" or an excuse that makes sense only to them. I am good at following your policies, STP - but i really have neither time or patience to be dealing with the little "mishaps" here and there. The time to make phone calls to your customer service trying to figure out "What happened?" adds up. Get it straight! Now, after tens of thousands $$$ i spent shopping on your website- i am done regardless of your crazy-good deals. I refuse to lose any more of my hard- earned money on the stupid "screwups". You officially lost me as a customer. "

This review was modified by Catone1 on July 01 2015 01:14:18 PM

"$ 10 off first order over $ 30 on your first order. I am very pleased with the customer service, a wide range of products, ease of ordering and weekly discounts. To receive the discount, follow the link and register on the site. Overall I highly recommend sierratradingpost to everyone!

"I have been a fan of STP and spent a couple of thousand dollars with them in the last two years. I have been very happy until several days ago. I ordered two pairs of Coyote Shifter Sunglasses two months ago. I started to wear them in the last couple of days. They broke one by one. When I called STP, I was told that I was too late to return them. I had only one week to return... WHAT? That is NOT the way to treat a loyal costumer. "

"Sierra Trading Post (STP) is one of the the few websites where I've bought lots of clothes and shoes from. The clothing diversity, cheap price (definitely after coupon applied), and quality are very impressive.

Well, I guess the biggest complaint people may have is the return policy and shipping. They normally don't offer free shipping easily (unless you have some special coupons, or if you buy lots of stuff), besides, they don't offer free return. You have to pay postage (with STP's pre-printed shipping label, and STP will deduct it from the refund) for item exchange or refund. I once got one shirt with wrong size, but in the end I didn't bother negotiating with STP and just shipped it back.

Overall, STP is still a great vendor for shopping brand-name clothes and shoes. Just to make sure you can get a good coupon before place any orders. And, be warned for the continuous email bombard if you sign up for their dealflyer.

"I have spent thousands of dollars with STP over the years. I have never had any problems. Always great deals.
Yes you have to pay to return items. It's a minimal amount. Do you think they are going to take a loss because you order 5 pairs of boots to see which one fits and return the rest!
Most of the bad reviews on here seem to be from stupid people.

"I ordered a Marmot Ajax 2 tent from France. Best price I could find, so I tried Sierra Trading Post.
I received the package about 10 days after placing the order, with quite a surprise: the delivery service asked more than 50€ of VAT (for a 170€ buy) for an oversees delivery! Sierra TP never informed me on anything like that. At that price, I could have bought the tent in a local shop. That's what I will probably do the next time.
I can't recommend them for European customers. Or at least, if you really want to buy with them, be aware of VAT costs!

This review was modified by neto07 on April 17 2015 05:52:29 AM

bailey-huber's Avatar

Monroe, CT

"Fast shipping
Excellent pricing
Great products!

"Sierra Trading post has become my go to source when I need anything for my various outdoor activities, for my dog or for my home. I have bought many Christmas present here and my family buys a lot of our clothing and shoes here. I get great prices, great service and easy returns when needed."

"A great place for close outs and blemished items. Never had an issue with a return."

This review was modified by KevinAtEustis on February 20 2015 02:40:34 PM

"The original order came quickly. The problem came with the return. I wanted to do an exchange for a different size. Didn't hear anything for a month. To make a long story short, decided to just get my money back, of course minus $6.95 for return shipping. Won't be ordering again.
Also once you sign up you will be bombarded with spam daily.

This review was modified by peterconesa on February 03 2015 08:28:09 AM

"I am surprised by some of the low reviews on this site. I have placed many orders with them & have always been satisfied."

"I bought a deuter 65+10 backpack from them and the Product was listed as having a rain cover with it, it did not come with one. When I called about it they said it does say that in the description and that they would get one sent out and email when it was done. A couple of weeks go by and I hear nothing back from them so I call them up to check on the status. They said it was a misprint and that it does not come with one and would not be sending one out. I find this poor practice, honor what was on the description and send one out and at least get back in touch with the customer and update him/her on the situation and not let them be waiting for ever. Very poor customer service and poor business practice"

This review was modified by dbbarnes3 on January 09 2015 01:11:53 PM

"Worst online shopping experience I have ever had. Do Not Use This Company! I ordered my husband boots during a sale and they did not fit so I called them to exchange for a different size. They told me I wasn't allowed to exchange sizes on something I bought on sale and that I would have to pay the difference of 50$ to match the regular price before they could exchange them. That's bullshit I should be able to exchange an item for the correct size without paying 50$ more. I ended up having to return the shoes for a refund and I had to pay the shipping. So now it's my husbands birthday and I have no boots I have to wait 2 weeks for the refund and I ended up having to pay them 6.50$ for nothing. On the phone they were rude and unkind and I will never do business with them again"

"i ordered merchandise during their black friday/cyber monday specials and was impressed with their offer of free shipping. I was very careful when placing the order as i live in alaska and quite often the offer does not apply to us. I checked the free shipping box and OKed the amount of the order without shipping, they added the shipping AFTER i had approved the order. very dishonest company. Dishonest and Criminal! "

This review was modified by avampartha on December 10 2014 02:40:04 PM

"really bad, specifically they give you great customer service after they make a number of mistakes with your order. i ordered once from them to try them out and they told me if i had a size issue on a shoe i could return it at no cost for the right size, but when i had that problem they wanted to charge me for shipping again...it took several long conversations on the phone for them to live up to their original pre-purchase promise.

then, i tried to order a second item from them with the discounts they keep sending to my email, and three days later the order hadn't even been approved, even though everything (addresses both shipping/billing and credit card info was EXACTLY the same...so three days later when i entered webchat to find out why, i was told to verify over webchat what my addresses for billing and shipping were...this is on an order that was supposed to have shipped 24 hours prior to my inquiring about it. if you have endless time to waste on the phone and waiting for your shipment to be approved before even being sent, by all means these are the people for you.

Share Sierra Trading Post's store rating

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member
Sierra Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!