Stores > Sierra Trading Post

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.00/10 7.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10

Killer deals great customer service

"I have been shopping with Sierra trading for about a decade now.
Incredible deals, and even better customer service.
Returns are never a hassle. Contact the company and I always receive quick, complete and courteous responses.
Shipping is lightning fast.
Website can be fussy at times, and info in items may not be complete, but often able to get info on manufacturer sites and or contacting customer service,

Great prices for outdoor equipment

"After having difficulties with credit card processing everything was resolve wit Sierra Trading Post great customer support! Sierra Trading Post have really great prices and I'm looking forward to shop again with them. I recommend making purchase on Sierra Trading Post to everyone!"

This review was modified by rakezic on August 21 2016 09:33:22 AM

Horrible never buying it again

"So, about a year ago I purchased these shoes and only wore them once for a 3 mile run. After running I felt they were not comfortable at all for my feet.
I decided to return them, but somehow after using these shoes for first time I put them in my suitcase and taught within a week or so I will return them.

On that time I had to travel for work, so i totally forgot to return them. Two weeks ago I opened the suitcase and saw the shoes. I decided to contact customer service and see if they still take the return. I did not had any hopes because it's been a year, but i thought why don't i try it. Sierra Trading Post Customerservice told me to return the shoes and they will give me a credit. So i did return them, after week or so I contacted them again regarding the credit. This time Sierra Trading Post Customerservice is telling me that shoes are very worn and that they had stocking lint in them and we will not give you the credit. Frankly speaking from the beginning I did not thought that it is possible to return them but the reason they are giving me is a bullshit, I mean I only wore them once for a short 3 mile run and how come they become very worn.

My suggestion to you is you could have told me from the beginning that it's been a close to a year we don't take returns, I had to go through all this shipping and packing hustle and realizing that by giving lame reasons you will be not giving me the credit.

This review was modified by Prabhat125 on May 27 2016 09:25:14 AM

**** Sox!

"Okay, catchy. First purchase from Sierra and I was very pleased. I wanted lightweight wool socks, extra large, and I got them! That's a big deal because even Costco had let me down when their extra large cotton blends were the smallest men's socks I've ever seen. Also, the item was, luckily for me, clearance priced at substantially below what I had seen quoted elsewhere, so much so that I was skeptical.

Delivery was very quick. The package included a return shipping slip in case I needed to return them. I do not, but had I, my cost for the return would have been less than $3.

Based on this one purchase I would highly recommend the company. Let me add, I rarely give five stars, but the product being as described and two-day delivery warranted them.

This review was modified by 2MileHi on May 26 2016 12:27:50 PM

Excellent store

"I've had two transactions with them, both times buying shoes. I picked the right size, so no need to return. Prices were very good, shipping was reasonably fast especially considering it was 'free shipping'. I'm very satisfied with this store and would definitely recommend them. As with all online stores, at checkout, if you use a coupon, make absolutely sure it took before you press the button to complete the order. The details concerning coupons can be tricky and the way a site processes it and kicks it out, requires that you review everything before that final click. Also make sure you understand the returns policy. I'm seeing a lot of complaints regarding various sites due to these two issues."

Coat Sizing is WAY off !! Buy coats somewhere else and same your money !!

"Just received a Jack Wolfskin Yakima Texapore Parka from Sierra Trading Post. I normally wear a 2XL or small 3XL coat. This was a VERY tight 2XL and could not put it on while wearing a T-shirt, much less several layers of shirts under a normal coat. The person on the phone at Sierra even agreed with me that the Yakima parkas run small compared to normal sizes. On top of that, I will end up spending total of $21.00 to be able to return something that I would not even be able to ware. Save money and go to REI or a reputable store to spend your money. I will never order from them again. "

This review was modified by Telbdf on April 07 2016 07:41:14 PM

Gold mine of bargains

"Ordered 2 jackets and I'm fully satisfied with my purchase. I'd subscribed for their special offers and was happy to purchase apparel with up to 60% off and almost free shipping ($0.99).
To avoid negative online shopping experience I've chosen well-known and proven quality company, was fully aware of my size.
Only one thing makes me sad about Sierra - I'd like them to have richer assortment of goods

This review was modified by www_tashiky on March 15 2016 02:25:03 AM

Insulting Customer Service

"Placed an order on the 20th Feb and then it gets cancelled with no reason on the 26th Feb with no form of contact to explain why. I spoke on Live chat and all I get is sorry, sorry, sorry. The excuse was they sent me email demanding a higher payment to ship to UK but this email was never sent because I checked all my emails including Junk and all I received was promotional emails but no request for a bigger payment. I would have happily paid this amount as this was a mothers day gift. Now the items are no longer in stock which means I can't even place the order again. Quite frankly disgusted by the way this was handled by a large organisation. Then they email me saying sorry here is a $15 dollar voucher. Quite insulting I would say. Never again and will tell family and friends to avoid."

"this company seems to have a huge amount of manufacturer seconds in the items they sell. whenever i must return an item due to an actual manufacturer defect, i (the customer) should not have to pay for the original shipping cost of $13.95 for an item that never should have been sold. i've purchased a number of boots from them and about 1/3 need to be returned for defective construction or mis-sizing. the shipping charges add up, so i've decided not to purchase from them again, and file internet complaints so others don't fall victim."

This review was modified by johnnyjohnnyjohnny on February 23 2016 08:48:47 PM

Don't return too much or they will fire you despite spending thousands on their merchandise

"I was happy because I usually order enough for free shipping. When you are buying close out merchandise there is a reason it is close out merchandise. Often this merchandise is ill fitting or the fabric is strange. These attributes are hard to determine from online photographs, descriptions and even reviews.

Fast forward a few years and I have been fired as a customer. They have told me they will not take any orders nor will they honor the return of merchandise after 30 days. This is despite the fact that they have a one year return policy. So long story short I am returning everything I can find that still has tags on as I cannot trust this retailer any longer. I was satisfied but now I am not.

I am also cancelling my credit card with the parent company TJ Maxx and will stop shopping at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods their other outlets. I have no desire to contribute to the bottom line of such a company.

This review was modified by Msannanola on February 11 2016 02:05:26 PM

With their shipping policy it cost me $14.00 to try on a pair of pants

"With the shipping policy of Sierra Trading Post it is outrageously expensive to return an online purchase. I'll never purchase from them again. The jeans I bought were way too narrow at the ankles and in the legs despite being called relaxed fit and standard leg. I had to return them. They do not refund the original shipping, which was a bit high anyway, nor do they offer return shipping on an item. That means it cost me $14.00 to try on these pants. I buy EVERYTHING online so I am familiar with various policies. This one is one of the worst."

Good Asolo Boot Prices

"Have ordered 2 pairs of boots from them over the past year and the prices were great - shipping was fast and the site was easy to navigate"

Best prices and good customer service

"Sierra Trading Post is an outlet store, mainly for Sports and Outdoors. They have fantastic bargains for some very expensive brands of gear and clothing that rarely go on sale anywhere else. If you are not into sports and (mainly) outdoors then you probably will have little interest in the store. But for an outdoor person this is a great place to hunt for bargains.

They have street clothes and other items as well - I never bought these from them since I use local department stores for that.

When you order, make sure you use a promotional code - create an account and they will be sending special offers to you about once a day. Additional 20-30% off, free shipping, e.t.c.

I shopped with them dozens of times and never had problems. They include return shipping label with every order so returns are easy, but you have to pay for return shipping. I had to return an item to them twice (because it did not fit) and it went without any issues.

I can't say much about customer service - I never had an issue with my order that needed it. Which by itself means "good customer service", I think.

This review was modified by Dan-55 on January 13 2016 08:46:58 PM

"Have very open return policy, but if your return rate is high in their opinion, they just ban you. Why not make a more restrictive return policy to begin with like everybody else and not get on people nerves?

I do not think this is a fair way to do business: "you can return whenever and whatever as long as ... you do not"!

"Cheap prices, cheap customer service, cheap product. Placed 2 orders, they cancelled without a notice and can't give me clear explanation why they cancelled. Customer service is a joke.
Avoid this company, they don't deserve your money!

Share Sierra Trading Post's store rating

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member
Sierra Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!