• Sierra Trading

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.33/10 5.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.56/10 5.56/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10

"$ 10 off first order over $ 30 on your first order. I am very pleased with the customer service, a wide range of products, ease of ordering and weekly discounts. To receive the discount, follow the link and register on the site. Overall I highly recommend sierratradingpost to everyone!

"When I received these swimsuits I was a little apprehensive aboutg trying them on, as I had ordered swimsuits previously from another supplier and had to return them as they did not fit well or flatter my figure, but when I tried on the swimsuits from Sierra Trading, I was really happy as they fit well and make me look shapely, so that I will be happy to wear them in public when I take my vacation! "

"cheap prices. cheap condition items. cheap customer services. waste of my time.
I had made order 3 times. Price are cheap if you choose sale items. Some items didn't come with tag. And I could not return because return shipping is high. Even it was their fault (no tag means not new), I could not return.

This review was modified by unclesan on August 20 2015 06:57:38 PM

"Sierra Tradin Post, what happened? They used to be such a great company! best prices by far and good selection but recently I started to get nasty emails from them about my rate of returned merchandise! That's a first from any online retailer ever!! Obviously there will be some returned merchandise due to items not fitting properly, that's the drawback of ordering clothes online. Twice now I have gotten nasty emails from them about my returning merchandise! Here are some excerpts from the emails I received from a Customer Service Rep at STP (and they call that customer service!??!): "I am writing again to address your level of dissatisfaction with our products ... as evidenced by your consistently high return rate. As you know, we contacted you on 1/6/2015 regarding this issue. However since then your return rate has continued to exceed 60%. " Well sorry but the stuff didn't fit! and here is the best one to-date: "Unfortunately, if your return rate continues to be high, we will have to assume that we are unable to meet your expectations, in which case it may be best for us to discontinue our business relationship. " So in other words, if you buy from them, better not return the stuff or they might cut you off. What a joke. I'm done with this lame company. Obviously this is not the original STP, they must have been bought by some big conglomerate."

This review was modified by ChrisHerrington on August 17 2015 11:57:14 AM

"It's the first time I have ordered from them and the last. Have never had such a bad experience with online shopping. I placed my order 5 weeks ago and it said I would receive it in 1-2 weeks - after charging me an exhorbitant amount for shipping. It is now more than 5 weeks and I have not received my order, and the tracking does not work at all. I called and was told they would put a "trace" on it. A week has passed and no one has contacted me about my order.

OK, I did get my order finally. They charge a very high price to ship to Canada - for that kind of fee I expected more. I had a lot of trouble tracking where my order was and some of the customer service people were not helpful, but finally I did get two people who were very helpful. I had to contact USPS and Canada Post on my own and finally tracked my order - it was an error at Canada Post - they were supposed to send me an email for the pickup but somehow I never got it. I want to commend the last person from Sierra who sent me that email and offered to resend one item and credit me for the one that was sold out. I am pleased in the end because the tops fit and the colors are ok.

This review was modified by mjonx on August 18 2015 09:44:19 AM

"Sierra Trading Post has some of the best prices out there (with the use of coupons). Lots of discounted past season items. I've placed three orders with them (E25258657, E25311806 and E25763424) and have been generally satisfied. Things I dislike: I dont like is the fact that you end up paying quite a bit more than your sub-total. They charge shipping on all orders (which isnt standard on most stores) and you pay taxes on most states. Additionally customer service is not the best."

"Their shipping items out could be a little faster but no real big issue. Never a problem with returns and account refunded in a timely fashion. "

This review was modified by keith 39 on August 30 2015 08:33:17 AM

"Bought size eight Boggs boots, a size eight in Boggs has always fit me. Could not get them off my feet they were so tight. Had to cut them off. SMTP said they would not accept the return since the item was not resalable. Not sure what they wanted me to do when I had boots on my feet I could not remove. Won't buy anything there again."

"Over the years I have spent thousands of dollars at Sierra Trading Post and found their customer service quality excellent - until the last couple of years. It's gotten progressively worse. The latest - two weeks after placing an order they email and tell me they need an extra $44 to deliver my package. They are unable to revise the order because the box is sealed up. They were rude and aggressive. I looked at their store on wikipedia and discover - "In 2013, Sierra Trading Post was sold to publicly traded TJX Companies (TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods) for an estimated $200 million." So they're just skating along on the good reputation built up over many years until people discover it's all a lie. There is no Sierra Trading Post - it's gone."

"I've been a loyal Sierra Trading Post.com customer for over 10 yrs, got many good bargains. Unfortunately, it appears that the customer service and order handling is getting progressively worse. The phone calls i made to correct problems regarding returns/exchanges using store credit, etc. didn't improve a thing. I am not talking about paying a "minimal fee" for return shipping - I understand this part. Its about STP charging my credit card at their discretion regarless of me following all the return policy rules and timeframes. I have a problem with my card being charged for some unkhown reason; i made phone calls to CS to clarity to always hear some kind of "explanation" or an excuse that makes sense only to them. I am good at following your policies, STP - but i really have neither time or patience to be dealing with the little "mishaps" here and there. The time to make phone calls to your customer service trying to figure out "What happened?" adds up. Get it straight! Now, after tens of thousands $$$ i spent shopping on your website- i am done regardless of your crazy-good deals. I refuse to lose any more of my hard- earned money on the stupid "screwups". You officially lost me as a customer. "

This review was modified by Catone1 on July 01 2015 01:14:18 PM

"I was happy! and this time my package was actually on time."

This review was modified by sofi-1982 on August 10 2015 01:41:47 AM

"I have been a fan of STP and spent a couple of thousand dollars with them in the last two years. I have been very happy until several days ago. I ordered two pairs of Coyote Shifter Sunglasses two months ago. I started to wear them in the last couple of days. They broke one by one. When I called STP, I was told that I was too late to return them. I had only one week to return... WHAT? That is NOT the way to treat a loyal costumer. "

"Sierra Trading Post (STP) is one of the the few websites where I've bought lots of clothes and shoes from. The clothing diversity, cheap price (definitely after coupon applied), and quality are very impressive.

Well, I guess the biggest complaint people may have is the return policy and shipping. They normally don't offer free shipping easily (unless you have some special coupons, or if you buy lots of stuff), besides, they don't offer free return. You have to pay postage (with STP's pre-printed shipping label, and STP will deduct it from the refund) for item exchange or refund. I once got one shirt with wrong size, but in the end I didn't bother negotiating with STP and just shipped it back.

Overall, STP is still a great vendor for shopping brand-name clothes and shoes. Just to make sure you can get a good coupon before place any orders. And, be warned for the continuous email bombard if you sign up for their dealflyer.

"I have spent thousands of dollars with STP over the years. I have never had any problems. Always great deals.
Yes you have to pay to return items. It's a minimal amount. Do you think they are going to take a loss because you order 5 pairs of boots to see which one fits and return the rest!
Most of the bad reviews on here seem to be from stupid people.

"I ordered a Marmot Ajax 2 tent from France. Best price I could find, so I tried Sierra Trading Post.
I received the package about 10 days after placing the order, with quite a surprise: the delivery service asked more than 50€ of VAT (for a 170€ buy) for an oversees delivery! Sierra TP never informed me on anything like that. At that price, I could have bought the tent in a local shop. That's what I will probably do the next time.
I can't recommend them for European customers. Or at least, if you really want to buy with them, be aware of VAT costs!

This review was modified by neto07 on April 17 2015 05:52:29 AM

Share Sierra Trading Post's store rating

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member
Sierra Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!