Sierra TradingCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.39/10 3.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.85/10 3.85/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10

"I ordered a Marmot Ajax 2 tent from France. Best price I could find, so I tried Sierra Trading Post.
I received the package about 10 days after placing the order, with quite a surprise: the delivery service asked more than 50€ of VAT (for a 170€ buy) for an oversees delivery! Sierra TP never informed me on anything like that. At that price, I could have bought the tent in a local shop. That's what I will probably do the next time.
I can't recommend them for European customers. Or at least, if you really want to buy with them, be aware of VAT costs!

modified review This review was modified by neto07 on April 17 2015 05:52:29 AM

bailey-huber's Avatar
Monroe, CT

"Fast shipping
Excellent pricing
Great products!

"Sierra Trading post has become my go to source when I need anything for my various outdoor activities, for my dog or for my home. I have bought many Christmas present here and my family buys a lot of our clothing and shoes here. I get great prices, great service and easy returns when needed."

"A great place for close outs and blemished items. Never had an issue with a return."

modified review This review was modified by KevinAtEustis on February 20 2015 02:40:34 PM

"The original order came quickly. The problem came with the return. I wanted to do an exchange for a different size. Didn't hear anything for a month. To make a long story short, decided to just get my money back, of course minus $6.95 for return shipping. Won't be ordering again.
Also once you sign up you will be bombarded with spam daily.

modified review This review was modified by peterconesa on February 03 2015 08:28:09 AM

"I am surprised by some of the low reviews on this site. I have placed many orders with them & have always been satisfied."

"I bought a deuter 65+10 backpack from them and the Product was listed as having a rain cover with it, it did not come with one. When I called about it they said it does say that in the description and that they would get one sent out and email when it was done. A couple of weeks go by and I hear nothing back from them so I call them up to check on the status. They said it was a misprint and that it does not come with one and would not be sending one out. I find this poor practice, honor what was on the description and send one out and at least get back in touch with the customer and update him/her on the situation and not let them be waiting for ever. Very poor customer service and poor business practice"

modified review This review was modified by dbbarnes3 on January 09 2015 01:11:53 PM

"Worst online shopping experience I have ever had. Do Not Use This Company! I ordered my husband boots during a sale and they did not fit so I called them to exchange for a different size. They told me I wasn't allowed to exchange sizes on something I bought on sale and that I would have to pay the difference of 50$ to match the regular price before they could exchange them. That's bullshit I should be able to exchange an item for the correct size without paying 50$ more. I ended up having to return the shoes for a refund and I had to pay the shipping. So now it's my husbands birthday and I have no boots I have to wait 2 weeks for the refund and I ended up having to pay them 6.50$ for nothing. On the phone they were rude and unkind and I will never do business with them again"

"i ordered merchandise during their black friday/cyber monday specials and was impressed with their offer of free shipping. I was very careful when placing the order as i live in alaska and quite often the offer does not apply to us. I checked the free shipping box and OKed the amount of the order without shipping, they added the shipping AFTER i had approved the order. very dishonest company. Dishonest and Criminal! "

modified review This review was modified by avampartha on December 10 2014 02:40:04 PM

"really bad, specifically they give you great customer service after they make a number of mistakes with your order. i ordered once from them to try them out and they told me if i had a size issue on a shoe i could return it at no cost for the right size, but when i had that problem they wanted to charge me for shipping again...it took several long conversations on the phone for them to live up to their original pre-purchase promise.

then, i tried to order a second item from them with the discounts they keep sending to my email, and three days later the order hadn't even been approved, even though everything (addresses both shipping/billing and credit card info was EXACTLY the same...so three days later when i entered webchat to find out why, i was told to verify over webchat what my addresses for billing and shipping were...this is on an order that was supposed to have shipped 24 hours prior to my inquiring about it. if you have endless time to waste on the phone and waiting for your shipment to be approved before even being sent, by all means these are the people for you.

"I ordered a jacket. It arrived and the color was really different from the photo on their website. I read the return policy and found that I have to pay a return fee of $6.95. I will NOT be doing business with this company again. Extremely dissatisfied. "

modified review This review was modified by Dilbert22 on November 09 2014 09:23:11 AM

"We have ordered from them quite a bit, but I'm starting to look for other options. The prices can be great, but a lot of the items are seconds. This would be totally fine if they had free returns and you could look at your order. There is a return fee of $6.95, which cancels out much of the discount that you would have had, especially if you're buying shoes that may not fit. We ordered a pair of shoes recently for my husband and they ran so small that he couldn't even get them on. 2 exchanges later, the sizing was still not right. The return fees really piled up on that order. I would probably only order from them now for non-clothing or shoe items."

"Poor call center customer service. At all levels!!!

After seven attempts (several dropped calls and holds for a manager that never came) to resolve a CSR order entry error, I was given the impression that I was at fault. Only after being lectured by a manager about how I was taking advantage of their good well... did she recognize that STP was at fault all along.

Like a SNL skit, a whole lot of defensive non-listening and then a quick sorry and a dial tone.

I will think twice before shopping at STP again

"I have ordered from this company for 20 years - thousands of dollars of merchandise. But I was floored when I ordered a couple pairs of jeans and a couple of jackets for my kids from them the other day and got an email from customer service. They claimed I was ordering too many pairs of jeans (for a family of seven, including 5 kids due to remarriage!! They grow, you know...) and accused me of being a "reseller" and to give them some explanation, or they would cancel my order. Also, that I would henceforth be limited to purchasing only 3 pairs of jeans from them per year! So I answered and explained the number of individuals in my family and how hard they are on their clothes. No response from STP. They just put through my order for the jackets and removed the jeans from my order. So apparently they now punish their good customers for buying their products?? And accuse them of criminal activity for having multiple family members to purchase clothing for? I am stunned and will be searching for a new place to purchase clothing at a reasonable price for my family. Wow. "

modified review This review was modified by Riversong1863 on October 21 2014 10:46:06 AM

jaui's Avatar
California; Mexico.

"September 26 2014
Reviewing Sierra Trading Post

I have been purchasing from S.T.P. for around 4 years.
Contrary to some negative reviews about their customer service, they have always been fair, if not, generous, in handling "glitches" that have arisen now and then.
I have found product delivery time quite adequate.
And, on an occasion or two where I had to return some items, or, claimed a shortage, or items left by UPS that were not found, they handled all those cases to the customers (my)favor.
Once you use them a few times, it becomes second nature to figure out how to get the best "deal", albeit, it can be a bit time consuming, and tricky at first.
I always order when their is a promotional shipping rate, (because if you don't their shipping charges are high), or, a minimum order for $75.00, which makes standard shipping free.
So, overall, according to my personal experience with Sierra Trading Post, I would rate them a 9 out of 10.

Share Sierra Trading Post's store rating

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member
Sierra Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!