Sierra TradingCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10

"I was surprised to see any negative reviews at all about Sierra. I love this place! It's like an online yard sale! Personally, I love messing with the different offers and trying to get the best coupon going. I can see where some might get frustrated, but do you honestly think you should get BOTH the extra 40% off AND the bonus 30% off? It's pretty standard business practice that taking advantage of one coupon voids being able to use others. ANYway, I always have fun sorting through all of the deals. Shipping is crazy slow, but heck, that's what I get when I pay for UPS ground. Just because Zappos gives everyone shipping upgrades doesn't mean every company has to. When my orders finally do arrive, everything is as ordered and in perfect shape. My only negative is customer support; I'm a bit cheesed off about how they chose to resolve a recent dispute, but the total dollar value "loss" to me is only 6.95 so I'm not going to let it ruin my good time. OTOH, I do think that a company that values 6.95 over extending good-will to a repeat customer... well, not the smartest business move."

"I would not recommend this to anyone. I ordered shoes from there and when I check on it after 2 weeks of ordering they told me they had some problem with address verification even though I had already received the charge on my card."

"I have been ordering merchandise and doing business from online companies for years and never ever had any problems whatsoever until I became a first time customer with this company. Customer service is extremely rude. I would rather pay more for my products and receive no hassles with my ordering and receiving like I do with other companies"

modified review This review was modified by Margaret777 on July 02 2014 05:42:35 AM

"The GOOD: their prices are hard to beat.
The BAD: their handling time is awful, maybe not the worst, but bad. I placed an order on Sunday night 6/8 and it's Thursday the 12th and UPS still does not have it.
I order from them 3 to 5 times a year, shipping is always slow, but their prices are worth a little bit of a wait so long as you plan for it.

"Best Store!

$10.00 off your first sierratradingpost purchase!

$ 10 off first order over $ 30 on your first order. I am very pleased with the customer service, a wide range of products, ease of ordering and weekly discounts. To receive the discount, follow the link and register on the site. Overall I highly recommend sierratradingpost to everyone!

"Never will I ever order from this business again, it was my first and last ..... I ordered a pair of boots and had to return because they did not fit after returning them I contacted customer service and never was I informed that a return service charge would be charge....but totaling and subtracting it comes out to 13.24 deducted from my refund ....so be careful when u decide to order with Sierra"

modified review This review was modified by neveragain5416 on February 28 2014 04:26:08 PM

"I’m a sucker for a deal and was attracted by Sierra Trading Post's bargain prices. You jump through a few hoops to get those prices: monkey with their shifty coupon code system and navigate the worse customer service in the retail world. I ordered $100 something worth of Timbuk2 products on my MasterCard. No order confirmation. Days passed and no email about shipping. Nuttin’. I was registered as a customer, had a valid email address and the order showed in my account as “processing.” Finally I emailed them 4 days latter asking what's up. To their credit, I received an email from CS that day explaining my order was held for security reasons and my ID had to be confirmed. So angry at their long silent delay, I cancelled the order. The burden should be on CS to contact the customer immediately to confirm ID. I immediately bought most of the items for slightly less directly from Timbuk2.com (end of year sale!). No problems with my MC at Timbuk2!

Being greedy, I was again tempted by STP's prices and tried another order, this time using a bank transfer to their PayPal account. I figured they have my cash, what can go wrong? Same old BS: delay due to security check. Again the burden is on the customer to contact them: they didn’t bother to call or email. This time their excuse was my PayPal account had a different email than my Sierra Trading Post account. It didn’t matter that the shipping address was identical, I was a confirmed account, that the email address used my full legal name or they had already hassled me over security in the previous order! A week after placing the order, I to convinced them I “owned” two email accounts and they were go to ship. Another week of “processing” and they squeezed it out the door. After all that, the order contained a item in the wrong size but I decided to keep it rather than deal with them again.

The old adage "you get what you pay for" sums up Sierra Trading Post. Their bargain prices include the worse customer service and slowest shipping ever. I will never order from them again.

modified review This review was modified by gochugogi on February 16 2014 09:37:28 PM

"I had recently purchased two bicycle helmet and a pair of bike gloves that were very cheap on Sierra. I was worried because of the reviews I saw but I took a chance anyway because of the prices. What I experienced was possibly the best purchasing experience of all online retailer. When my order arrived, which was very quick, my wife's helmet was too small and mine fit without too much problem. I contacted their chat service to help exchange my helmet and they pointed me in the right direction. The exchange process was SO easy and the larger helmet shipped without me needing to return the one I have first, which was great. As soon as my wife's new helmet came, I felt that the large fit me better as well so I requested another exchange. Even though both exchanges were separate, they still allowed free shipping for both exchange. Everything was quick and extremely easy. Also, their chat service seems to run very late as well, where other sites, they stop pretty early in the afternoon/evening, so that was a great plus for me especially when I can only deal with these things after I get home from work. Chat personnels were just very friendly. Overall, the purchase, exchange program and chat service were superior. I did not experience any of the issues that were mentioned in the other posts here. Oh yes, the exchange program was all online and self-guiding, which was made in a very simple straight-forward way. "

"note: I am revising my review because my issue was resolved by Sierra Trading Post. there actually was NOT a real problem with the shipping of my merchandise or with the shipping firm - it was a case of it taking longer than expected for the tracking information to be available. I had initially posted that their shipping was slow and tracking data was still not available 5 calendar days after the order was placed. turns out that the order WAS shipped but because of a delay in the scanning of the package by the shipping company. Bottom line, Sierra Trading post supervisor followed up with me and the next day the tracking info was online and my shipment reached me in time. so both Sierra Trading Post and the shipping company did their jobs as they should. The merchandise is very good, and merchandise I have gotten from them in the past is high quality and inexspenive."

modified review This review was modified by grb12345 on January 10 2014 02:58:02 PM

"I ordered a pair of snowshoes and had no problem with the transaction. I live in Canada, but had them delivered in Maine as it is only a short trip across the border, so I did not get all the duty/shipping hassles other reviewers have.
Shipping cost was reasonable (and I knew the cost before completing the order), but not great (i.e. free).

"I purchased a set of Onyx hunting clothes from Sierra trading Post in September 2013. The product was shipped to Ontario, Canada.
If you are looking to have anything shipped from this company then I would highly suggest against it.
The company charged me $35 in shipping. Only to find out that I had to pay another $39 in duties, taxes and additional shipping fees. That's $74 for shipping and duties on a $80 purchase. Don't waste your time or money with this company if you are shipping to Canada.

modified review This review was modified by furfinder on September 05 2013 04:34:30 PM

"Can't see why they have so many complaints on this site. I had my first order completed this past week and I was completely satisfied with my purchase (Spyder jacket and Burton hoodie). Their sales got me hooked, I made a second order and considering ordering another jacket for my sister. So far, so good. "

modified review This review was modified by nakslomo on September 01 2013 08:14:02 PM

"Ripped me off.. charged $35 at checkout for shipp8ng then got charged $39 by ups at the door on a $74 sweater. If u r canadian dont buy from these jerks unless u r prepared to get hosed..worst on-line retailer i've dealt with."

modified review This review was modified by djfunkydj on July 14 2013 06:02:29 PM

"I ordered a fly rod and it came broken in 4 pieces, poor packing.
Now I have to take time out to return this package.
My first time ordering from them and my last.

"I had been a customer of STP for approximately 14 years. I just received my final notice from them that they no longer want me as a customer because my rate of return is over 60%. They had warned me of "my high rate of return" about 2 years ago and when I left a terse message for Lee Macias, head of customer service, their response was to send me an application for a STP credit card. As a company I think they are ridiculous. Mail order and online vendors have to anticipate high rates of return due to the nature of the business. If you're dealing with apparel and footwear, there's no way to know if it's going to fit without trying it on. So are you supposed to keep unsatisfactory merchandise or items that don't fit merely to keep your return rate down? Some of the merchandise is first quality, some of it is not. More than half of their merchandise is mis-sized or seconds. There's no way to know until you receive it. You can get some good deals but you really have to work for them. I consider myself fairly typical. You'll probably have to return close to half if not more of the merchandise. It takes time to fill out forms, repackage items and take them to the UPS store. And then there's the unfriendly return policy. I always returned items promptly and in original condition, but I incurred their ire. My experience was similar to bigskytooohio's. I felt cheapened and shamed by them and that is ridiculous. They are a vendor of goods. Who are they to judge me? I'm not good enough to be their customer? Ludicrous! It makes no sense to run off paying customers, but they're doing it. As bigskytooohio said "let the buyer beware"."

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member
Sierra Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!