Stores > Sierra Trading Post
  • Sierra Trading

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sierra Trading Post by clicking a star below.
2017-10-19

Terrible experience

"There was only one stall in the men's bathroom, and i had to wait 20 minutes for a staff member to leave behind a mess. Right after I sat down, he turned the lights off on me, so i had to feel around a pitch black bathroom to leave."

2017-10-10

What happened to STP?

"I have been ordering from STP for years. All of a sudden they started canceling my orders. No notification and no explanation. When I emailed them they said it was due to my credit card. I placed another order and had it shipped to my billing. Again no notification. I emailed and they said the same thing so I called. They said it was a credit card issue. I ask the rep for more detail. She talked to a "specialist" and they said my account was flagged and I could no longer order. She was very friendly but had no information or justification. They lost a good customer. "

2017-05-17

This hating is ridiculous

"First of all, let me state up front that I have been an avid shopper with Sierra Trading Post for about 20 years. The deals and selection were WAY BETTER before TJ Maxx acquired them, and that is definitely true. I used to get 35% off plus free shipping on everything, and the return policy was 365 days! That was outrageous, and customers like me took full advantage of these absurd deals. When TJ Maxx bought it, I knew the site would be more TJMaxx-like and it is. The deals are weaker, you have to spend more for free shipping, and the inventory is way down, missing the high-end jems that luxury discount stores (most of which have gone out of business) had in the early 2000s. Times have changed. This is still a strong company with great customer service for my needs. I buy a ton, keep about 25% - 50% of what I order, then send everything back at once (within 90 days). While there is less inventory, it is curated better (less crap--the old site had a TON of garbage), and the deals are still better than competitors like those we all know. If you're a discount shopper and you like outdoor activities, this is still an awesome place to get deals."

2017-04-13

Defective but no return

"I have been a fan of Sierra for a while...I have had reasonably good luck with products. I have had a few instances of sole of shoes not being assembled or glued properly. ...they have always respon def and resolved my concerns...no matter how old products were. I bought a pair of HI tec ladies hiking boots for my girlfriend used less than a dozen times over the years. The cleats attached to sole of shoe just started peeling off. The shoes look like almost new. I contacted STP as I have when I had issue prior to this and was told they could do nothing. Their return policy has changed. So unless you are going to wear something within 90 days of purchase , day I and day out....
Be aware they will not accept a return even if clearly defective. I will have to look elsewhere to find similar products with a better policy for defective items.

2017-02-14

Terrific Online Store

"I am still young but have been a customer with Sierra Trading Post (online) for years now. They have always been great to me, especially recently when they were willing to resolve a problem that they could have blamed me for after I did not read the fine print. Superb customer service. Thank you, STP."

2016-12-26

Acquisition destruction

"In the mid 1980's, was my first visit to an unassuming outdoor products liquidator in Sparks, NV. a few years later Sierra Trading Post re-located its operations to Cheyenne. Over the years many thousands of dollars were sent. STP fit my lifestyle and budget. Two years ago they opened a retail site in Greenwood Village. My first experience there was lousy. For two years I boycotted STP from that experience. Last week STP received another try. The results were problematic. A simple sizing exchange could be an excellent training exercise for circus animals. One may not do returns or exchanges at the store where the product is purchased. One must sent the products to Cheyenne. They them require the customer to purchase the correct size. An instant credit is issued when the incorrect sized product is received. One must the use this credit within ten days for other merchandise.
A few years back TJX, aka TJMaxx, acquired STP. What is very obvious is that TJX does not value customer loyalty and customer goodwill. As in many acquisitions, the acquiring company does care what is destroyed to attain corporate greed.
Be very careful with any purchase. When returns and exchangers are this difficult, choosing a retailer that values the customer.

2016-11-17

Chinese shoes

"I ordered shoes, when I got them they didn't fit because they weren't a American equal size, so now I have to pay for a exchange or return.
This is my last dealing with them

2016-11-15

Horrendous Customer Service

"Okay, so back in October 2016, I found a nice Carhartt jacket for my boyfriend at a reasonable price, shipping wasn't terrible, it arrived via UPS as scheduled, we open it and only to our dismay , it's too large, so we repackaged into the box and placed the shipping label to return, 10 days later I get an email that it's been received and a full refund will be submitted minus the return shipping, 7-10 business days later and no refund in my bank account, contacted C.S. and they said oh it is a paper check being mailed bc you used Google shopping, it is now Nov and still no check, so I call Google as instructed by STP, 1 hour later they tell me that STP received the funds and they are responsible for issuing them back. Called STP, after a long description of what all I've been through, they still have no idea what is going on there were "notations" on my account saying a check should be issued but never was, so now I have been told to wait 2 hours for them to call me back till the ONLY person that knows how to handle this is available! Then if they can figure it out, I'll have a reduction check sent out in 7-10 business days for 10$ less than what they were paid bc I returned it. Do not order from this company unless you know exactly what you are looking for, and most definitely avoid the ignorant customer service individuals. Sierra Trading Post you need to better train your CSR , every one I've delt with has little to no no knowledge of how to handle my situation "

2016-09-19

Killer deals great customer service

"I have been shopping with Sierra trading for about a decade now.
Incredible deals, and even better customer service.
Returns are never a hassle. Contact the company and I always receive quick, complete and courteous responses.
Shipping is lightning fast.
Website can be fussy at times, and info in items may not be complete, but often able to get info on manufacturer sites and or contacting customer service,

2016-08-18

Great prices for outdoor equipment

"After having difficulties with credit card processing everything was resolve wit Sierra Trading Post great customer support! Sierra Trading Post have really great prices and I'm looking forward to shop again with them. I recommend making purchase on Sierra Trading Post to everyone!"

2016-05-27

Horrible never buying it again

"So, about a year ago I purchased these shoes and only wore them once for a 3 mile run. After running I felt they were not comfortable at all for my feet.
I decided to return them, but somehow after using these shoes for first time I put them in my suitcase and taught within a week or so I will return them.

On that time I had to travel for work, so i totally forgot to return them. Two weeks ago I opened the suitcase and saw the shoes. I decided to contact customer service and see if they still take the return. I did not had any hopes because it's been a year, but i thought why don't i try it. Sierra Trading Post Customerservice told me to return the shoes and they will give me a credit. So i did return them, after week or so I contacted them again regarding the credit. This time Sierra Trading Post Customerservice is telling me that shoes are very worn and that they had stocking lint in them and we will not give you the credit. Frankly speaking from the beginning I did not thought that it is possible to return them but the reason they are giving me is a bullshit, I mean I only wore them once for a short 3 mile run and how come they become very worn.

My suggestion to you is you could have told me from the beginning that it's been a close to a year we don't take returns, I had to go through all this shipping and packing hustle and realizing that by giving lame reasons you will be not giving me the credit.

2016-05-26

**** Sox!

"Okay, catchy. First purchase from Sierra and I was very pleased. I wanted lightweight wool socks, extra large, and I got them! That's a big deal because even Costco had let me down when their extra large cotton blends were the smallest men's socks I've ever seen. Also, the item was, luckily for me, clearance priced at substantially below what I had seen quoted elsewhere, so much so that I was skeptical.

Delivery was very quick. The package included a return shipping slip in case I needed to return them. I do not, but had I, my cost for the return would have been less than $3.

Based on this one purchase I would highly recommend the company. Let me add, I rarely give five stars, but the product being as described and two-day delivery warranted them.

2016-04-20

Excellent store

"I've had two transactions with them, both times buying shoes. I picked the right size, so no need to return. Prices were very good, shipping was reasonably fast especially considering it was 'free shipping'. I'm very satisfied with this store and would definitely recommend them. As with all online stores, at checkout, if you use a coupon, make absolutely sure it took before you press the button to complete the order. The details concerning coupons can be tricky and the way a site processes it and kicks it out, requires that you review everything before that final click. Also make sure you understand the returns policy. I'm seeing a lot of complaints regarding various sites due to these two issues."

2016-04-07

Coat Sizing is WAY off !! Buy coats somewhere else and same your money !!

"Just received a Jack Wolfskin Yakima Texapore Parka from Sierra Trading Post. I normally wear a 2XL or small 3XL coat. This was a VERY tight 2XL and could not put it on while wearing a T-shirt, much less several layers of shirts under a normal coat. The person on the phone at Sierra even agreed with me that the Yakima parkas run small compared to normal sizes. On top of that, I will end up spending total of $21.00 to be able to return something that I would not even be able to ware. Save money and go to REI or a reputable store to spend your money. I will never order from them again. "

2016-03-15

Gold mine of bargains

"Ordered 2 jackets and I'm fully satisfied with my purchase. I'd subscribed for their special offers and was happy to purchase apparel with up to 60% off and almost free shipping ($0.99).
To avoid negative online shopping experience I've chosen well-known and proven quality company, was fully aware of my size.
Only one thing makes me sad about Sierra - I'd like them to have richer assortment of goods

Share Sierra Trading Post's store rating

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member
Sierra Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!