Stores > Shoppers Advantage

• Shoppers Advant

zeta's Avatar

Arizona, US

"Unlike other reviewers here, I only joined for their bonus offering of $20 rebate that they promised for my past purchase since they offered me a trial offer. I actually didn't personally signed up for this, but I was signed with it from Everyday Privileges Gold which is their sister site.

When I looked at the benefits of Shoppers Advantage, I saw that it had almost the same features as its sister's site and another membership I had with another site so I decided to cancel it. And like they said, even if I cancel the membership, I'd still receive my $20 rebate for my trouble and time spent on the site. The staff is courteous and they do try to keep you but I told them I wasn't convinced so they let me go. Their phone hours span throughout most of the day and it's easy to reach them without a long hold. The cancellation process was easy which I appreciated.

Weeks later, I received my $20 check without problems. So far they seemed to be honest on what I was promised and I received it. But they need work on their website, and better justify the costs of the membership for what they offer.

"I am very disappointed with this website. I became a trial member to take advantage of all their promises: the lowest prices and a "low price guarantee". They guarantee that if you buy an item from them and find it somewhere else at an authorized dealer for cheaper, then they will refund you the difference, pluce 100%. For example - if you buy from them something for $50, and find it somewhere else for $40, then they will give you $20 in return. WELL, it turns out that they will do everything they possibly can to avoid this. The items have to be exactly the same - this is fine, but they try to modify their items slightly so they are just slightly different - and thus won't have to fulfill the price match. Their staff members are not too difficult to deal with - not overly rude like some sites I have dealt with, but don't let their kindness fool you - they are not the ones that make the decisions, you are unable to talk to those the approve a price match.

Anyway, I found their promises to be getting close to a "bait and switch" ploy. They don't truly plan to fulfill their guarantees.

Bottom line - if you want to avoid hassle and frustration, but from a more reputable seller. Stay clear from these guys - I sure wish I had.

"These guys say they'll save you give you $50 after your first purchase. I made a purchase near the end of my one year contract. They allowed me to make the purchase, then said the item was no longer available. The only way I could re-order was to buy another year's service for $75! They also do a lot of hard upselling on the phone for other services. Bad experience. Never again with these guys."

Share Shoppers Advantage's store rating

Shoppers Advantage is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Shoppers Advantage is not a merchant member
Shoppers Advantage does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!