Stores > Shoes.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.61/10 1.61/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.21/10 0.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
Voice your opinion! Review Shoes.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-20

Deceptive payment processing

"On 10/17/2017, I placed an order on their website totaling $215.21. At that time, this same amount was debited against my account. On 10/19/2017, there was another debit made against my account in the amount of $136.55.
On 10/20/2017, I received an alert from my bank indicating that my balance had dropped below a specified amount. This caused me concern since there were plenty of funds in the account to cover all payments that had been made. When I checked, both of the above debits had been placed by this company, without reversal of either one of them. I immediately made a call to Shoes.com to the customer service # listed on their website. I was told by the representative, as well as the supervisor I spoke with, that there actually should have been a total of 5 holds placed on the account for taxes, product, and shipping charges. When I told him that these were the only 2 that appeared, that's when the representative switched me over to a supervisor.
In speaking with the supervisor, he also indicated that it would take several days for the $215.21 to reverse off of the account and that both products had already shipped. So, in essence, over the next several days, my account will be charged over $400 for the same order. The supervisor explained that the $215.21 was a hold. I asked him where this was disclosed on the website at the time the order is placed so that the customer is aware that this happens. He was not able to provide an answer. However, the website indicates that my account would only be charged when products have shipped, which really is not a true statement.
In reading the Terms of Service, Payment Options information, etc on the website, there is nowhere that indicates there will be a hold, then actual charges, and have it take several days to reverse off the apparent original hold. Meanwhile, I have payments posting to my account that I am now incurring bank fees for because there are not enough funds to cover the legitimate transactions. The supervisor made the statement to me, "There's no way we will be paying the bank fees."

2017-10-10

ABSOLUTE FRAUD - WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE EVER

"I ordered 19 ANUSCHKA & Anna By Anuschka handbags from shoes.com 4 days ago, today I was notified by email that my entire order was cancelled. I spoke with a customer representative that was a bit clueless so I asked to be transferred to his supervisor. I spoke with his supervisor, Keisha, who initially informed me that the price of the handbags were listed incorrectly by the vendor (ANUSCHKA) and even though orders were taken, they could not process these orders. When I pressed her about who was at fault about the incorrect pricing, she informed me she never stated that it was the vendor's fault and didn't know who was to blame. I asked to be transferred to her manager. I spoke with her manager, Paul, who confirmed that the mistake was not shoes.com's fault but was the fault of ANUSCHKA. I've dealt with people directly at ANUSCHKA, there is absolutely no way they would not honor a completed purchase if it was their fault. I received an address for shoes.com corporate headquarters from manager, Paul - SHOES.COM, 34 CABOT RD., WOBURN, MA, 01801. However, when I googled the corporate office, this is what appears - 1730 Minor Avenue, Suite 700
Seattle, Washington 98101 (CFO ROGER HARDY) or 221 Yale Avenue N., Suite 350
Seattle, WA 98109 USA. Who knows the way this company is run - it's the worst customer service I've ever encountered. NEVER EVER EVER ORDER FROM SHOES.COM. READ THE REVIEWS!

2017-09-25

Lousy service.

"My first experience with Shoes.com was really good so I went back. 10 days after placing my order I had heard nothing. On my account on their website it said "In Process". I contacted through chat and was told they would look into it. I received an email later that day telling me that that item was out of stock and my order had been canceled. I called later that afternoon and found out they have the boot I wanted in a half size smaller and at a cheaper price but now I have to expedite the order so I asked for 2 day shipping, only to be told that I would not get them in 2 days because processing could take up to 5. Canceled my order again. Now I'll have to go to Amazon because I know I'll get it in 2 days. Good-bye shoes.com!"

2017-09-21

Great experience at Shoes.com

"First of all, let me say that many of the negative reviews here, for Shoes.com, are a bit unjust.
If you notice, most of the negative statements are referring to the return policy and a restocking fee.
The Shoes.com site clearly states that exchanges are free but makes no mention of (Returns).
For info. about returns, you must research the websites return policy, which anyone making an online purchase should do for any purchase on any website. This is common sense and anyone who doesn't practice this step when making an online purchase of any type, (especially for apparel or shoes), may want to re-think making online purchases.
The return policy for Shoes.com clearly states that a $6.95 restocking fee will be charged for any returns for refund.
A very reasonable amount, in my opinion, since they do not charge any return shipping fees.
You must realize that they are covering the shipping fees to send you there product and for you to send it back.
I'm sure that there cost to have someone pick, pack and ship an order is probably more than $6.95. Especially if the order gets returned.
That said, I made my first purchase from Shoes.com on Sunday evening and received my order on Thursday.
The boots that I ordered where just as described and I am very happy with my purchase and the service provided by Shoes.com.
I also saved considerably with a discount coupon code that they provided and the free shipping.
I would recommend purchasing from Shoes.com and as with any online purchase, do your homework and look for discount codes and always check the sites shipping and return policy.

2017-09-13

Misleading advertising

"Bought 3 pairs of shoes based on website advertising FREE returns. None fit so I initiated my free return to go d that they were charging $6.95 a pair for a restocking fee. They sent shoes in two packages and when I complained about their misleading advertising they offered a courtesy one time free return but only included 2 pairs of shoes. After another call they refused to include the 3rd pair saying they already gave me my one time free return and they said they since changed their advertising. I am a consistent internet shopper and will NOT be buying from this site again."

2017-08-23

Charge for items not delivered

"I asked this company for a proof of shipping for months, also get involved BBB.org and they were not able to provide evidence that the pair of shoes were delivered as they said. I had partial refund of the order, still they due money to me for and 9 months already gone in this dispute. I also got a message from them saying that they were going process my second refund and later denied they sent. In summary don't trust them, from other orders I got shoes that were not the quality I expected and the shoe size is totally different from the same size I can find in a local store. "

2017-08-20

Horrific seller. Run. Don't shop here ever.

"Avoid Shoes.com like the plague. Ordered shoes for my husband. Thye said tracking in 1 to 5 days Didn't ship until 9 days. I called to cancel at 5 days but, they waited 4 days and shipped anyway. I refused the package because my husband went out and bought shoes locally, as I told them he must do. I am certain they will take a re-stocking fee out of what they charged my account for and I will raise holy hell with the bank if they do. This place is a huge rip off and their customer service department is terrible. I don't know how they stya in business. Go anywhere but Shoes.com. Save yourself a lot of grief."

2017-08-19

Unreasonable return policy Poor customer service

"I ordered a pair of shoes from shoes.com on June 13th, 2017.
They arrived on June 19th, 2017.
The shoes were too narrow for me.
(They were a size wide, but apparently I need a wider size for this type of shoe.)
At any rate, I decided to return the shoes... but time slipped away.
When I went online (June 15th) to get the return label printed the web-site wouldn't let me do it.
So I wrote customer service.
I knew their return policy was 60 days...and it was June 15th - before the 60 days...
but it turns out it is 60 days from the order - not from receiving the shoes.
This seems pretty unfair to me and I certainly won't be ordering from them again.
Customer service would not make an exception.

2017-08-19

Absolute Worst!!!!

"I ordered a pair of sandals on July 24, 2017 and received the sandals on July 28, 2017. I took the advice of the seller and went up a half size but, apparently that wasn't enough-the sandals were too short. I called Customer Service on July 29 and advised I would have to return them and to please mail the return postage sticker through the post office as my printer doesn't work. Today is August 19th and I still haven't received the return postage label five calls later. In addition to all this aggravation shoes.com charges $6.95 to re-stock the shoes.....beware the restocking fee guys and remember to have your printer in working order before the time runs out on your return. I would never do business with them again. "

2017-08-18

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! Horrible! Charged six times for the same order for over a $1000.00

"Ordered two pairs of men's shoes and the check card kept being denied so I just gave up. Checked my balanced and I had four charges of $265.00 with this amount on hold by my credit card. I called customer service and they assured me these would be removed and the card had not been charged.
I used customer service to place my order over the phone since I had such difficulty trying to place an order online. I received an email from my bank that my check card had been overdrawn and there were two additional charges on my check card from the order I placed online with customer service. This is a nightmare and I only could speak to customer service, not to the billing department. They are going to call me back. I have never had this happen to me when ordering online. There is not just a hold on my credit card for each charge, but the card was charged. I will never ever again order from this site.

2017-08-17

BEWARE OF "FREE RETURNS" POLICY

"I bought 2 pair of identical slippers. They were entered as 2 separate orders. Since they were Dearfoams, which I had worn for many years, I was confident that a size Large would fit. Not only were they larger than any other Dearfoam, but they wouldn't stay on my feet. "No problem" I thought. They have free returns or exchanges. So I got the return label and watched for the credit on my bank account. But WHOA! I paid $20.76 for each pair but was only credited $13.81 each. When I called I was informed that there was a $6.95 restocking fee for each order! So much for free returns. I lost $13.90 because each pair was posted as different order!!!
AND THERE IS NO MENTION OF A RESTOCKING FEE WHEN YOU ARE SHOPPING!!!
WHAT A RIP-OFF!!!
CUSTOMERS BEWARE!!!

I will never shop at this site again and I will do my best to warn other unsuspecting shoppers!

2017-08-16

BAIT AND SWITHCH

"ORDERED A PAIR OF SHOES IN BROWN AND THEY SENT BLACK. THE ORDER THAT WAS PRODUCED BY THEIR
COMPANY SHOWED THEY WERE CORRECT. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS HAPPENED WITH THIS COMPANY. THE OTHER TIME IT WAS THE SIZE OF THE SHOE THAT WAS INCORRECT. I ORDER MOST ALL GOODS ON LINE AND NEVER HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM IN THE PAST TEN YEARS. I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT CERTAIN COLORS COST MORE THAN OTHERS AND SOMETIMES CLOSE OUTS ARE OFFERED BY ON LINE COMPANY. THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THIS COMPANY IS ILLEGITIMATE IN THEIR INTENTIONS AND THEIR BUSINESS. THEY ARE LOCATED IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA.
THEY WILL NOT DO THIS TO ME AGAIN.

2017-08-11

Do not use this site if at all possible!!!

"I ordered a pair of shoes from this site at 10:55 last night and realized that the shoes were more a men's shoe than a women's shoe. I tried to immediately cancel my order. I couldn't and the website said to call as early as possible to cancel the order. I tried to call at 9:00 this morning and was told it was too late to cancel the order. My order hasn't shipped, but it's too late to cancel!! And I'm also told that I will have to pay a restocking fee of $6.95!! What kind of customer service is this?? I will NEVER use this site again!!"

2017-08-08

Customer service nightmare

"I called to place an order for shoes. The csr didn't know what I was talking about, had to spell the product name and told me they didn't have any such shoe. Repeatedly asked for a manager and was told I was shouting at her and she was going to disconnect the call. Never did get to talk to a manager and I hung up extremely frustrated and humiliated at the treatment received."

2017-08-08

3 Day Nightmare!

"I'm always one to do research so I'm not sure why I didn't do my part before purchasing anything from Shoes.com. Perhaps it was the great price on North Face hiking shoes. However, after dealing with these people I would have much rather paid the extra money for less hassle. Understandably, everyone's experience is different, but when the majority of reviews are 1 star, that can't be ignored.
My experience with Shoes.com was horrible! It started when I tried ordering two pairs of shoes online. After confirming my payment, a message popped up on my screen reading "credit card error". I waited a few minutes to see if I would be redirected, but instead nothing happened. I didn't receive a cofirmation email either. Not sure why I expected anything if my payment was supposedly found in "error". What really sent me over the edge was when I checked my account and saw that they had taken the money out! Of course I immediately called their customer service number. The lady I spoke to was pleasant, but said that the reason my account was charged was because I provided the wrong billing address!! I told her that she was incorrect because the payment would have never been processed had the billing address been wrong. She kept insisting that was the reason for the charge on my account. When I said that she needed to send me a confirmation email of purchase, she told me that I needed to order the shoes! According to her, their system didn't indicate that any purchase was made. I was angry at this point, but didn't have time to speak since I was in the middle of something.

Anyway, when they were contacted for the second time, I was finally connected to a Supervisor who was semi-friendly. She said she would have the funds released back into my account, although I had been told by their other associates that it was my banks fault! I requested a confirmation email of our conversation, and demanded some kind of discount for the inconvienece. She kept her word and provided me a 25% off promotion code on my next purchase. The good news is that my money was back into my account before midnight as promised.

Here's where it gets bad..
The next day I decide to go ahead and try to order the same shoes now that my money is in my account. This time I called to make the order rather than do it online since there seemed to be issues the day before. Somehow the lady I spoke to was able to pull my non-existent order up on her computer. I guess because I provided my email the day before. I ordered the shoes I wanted, and the 25% off was applied without too much difficulty. After getting off the phone I decided to check my account. Sure enough, I had been charged twice for the same order! This wasn't a preauthorization charge either. When I called my bank and explained what happened, they suggested that I call them back and ask them to do a reverse transaction since I had in fact been charged twice. The bank associate also confirmed that there was absolutely no way my payment would have been processed if the billing address was incorrect.

When I called the Shoe.com customer service, I was given the run around, and transferred numerous times only to be told that it was my fault for the extra charge. I was hung up on 4 times, twice by 2 different supervisors! Unbelievable!

Today is the third day, and the money is still not in my account. When I tried calling today to speak to a supervisor I was hung up on. In addition, an associate tried to argue with me by saying that it was a preauthorization charge. I really have no words for how furious I am! I'm not sure I will even receive the shoes I ordered because there's no way for me to track it on their website. Even with the order confirmation number!

This has been a 3 day nightmare, and I'm absolutely disgusted by their "customer service". How is this "business" still in business!? They illegally charged my card twice, and to top it off they unwilling to do anything to make up for it!!

I urge others to think twice before making a purchase from these clowns! No one seems to know what they're doing, and they obviously don't care about their customers.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Experience!

Share Shoes.com's store rating

Shoes.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Shoes.com is not a merchant member
Shoes.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!