Stores > ShoeBuy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.05/10 2.05/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review ShoeBuy by clicking a star below.
2017-05-15

****Beware*****

"I purchased 2 pairs of the exact same black leather Rockports. I was sent 2 pairs in brown suede. I read somewhere there would be a re-stocking fee so I called them directly, not realizing I was suppose to call Amazon. The girl at ShoeBuy was very unhelpful, never apologized for getting the wrong shoe and sounded like she could care less and told
me I had to call Amazon because she could not locate any order with the information I gave her. When I called Amazon,
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE, the lady was so nice and apologetic and credited me $15.00 to my Amazon account. I had used a $25 gift certificate that I received as a Christmas gift towards the purchase. THANK-YOU MACY'S for having a sale, because I got 2 pairs for less money!

2017-05-11

Horrible Customer Service

"Ordered pair of dress loafers...they sent the wrong color...I called them and then returned the loafers the same day with a note specifying their error. Tried to charge me a re-stocking fee for it, which I contested and they removed. They then re-sent me the SAME wrong color of shoes. I called them and their CS Rep. argued with me that "their warehouse verified that they had sent the correct shoes"...I told them they were full of crap, that I knew what I had received. I returned them and told them to give me a refund and they charged me a re-stocking fee again without notifying me. I challenged it on my Visa and it was removed. I will never use them again.

2017-05-01

Return

"I ordered a two pairs of shoes for my elderly mother. She kept one pair and returned the other because she did not like the color. Shoebuy refused the return as they said the shoes had been worn and were scuffed. The shoes were NEVER worn, returned within the week they were received. When I called their customer service department, they open a business review, but bottom line they refused to help. I offered to send a picture of the shoes to show there was NOT a single scuff or dirty mark on the shoes, but they said it wouldn't make a difference. BEWARE, they do NOT accept returns if you are unsatisfied with your shoes and in fact make up reason for not accepting the return. Also, once the business review was opened, they said they would call back in 3-5 days, I waited for two weeks and never heard from anyone. I had to call them. "

2017-04-14

Very bad compagny

"I buy shoe, an hour later I write to them that I was deceived greatness, they reply me that the package is almost gone.
48 hours later the parcel is still home. They even confirmed me that they had the greatness to wish

2017-03-19

Wish I had read reviews before I purchased.

"Do not waste your time ordering from this company. Ordered slippers for Christmas gift and they said I would receive in 5 to 7 days. never received them and had to call and then they say not in stock even though they took the order and said they were.

Also tried again and ordered shoes as gift. No flexibility on return as over a few days over 60 and had no idea 60 days was the return policy. they denied and asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused also. not caring at all about situation and did not care I had a bad experience at Christmas.

Stay with Zappos or other reputable company. Forget ShoeBuy.

2017-03-08

Worst shoe store in USA

"Recently I ordered some shoes from their website. After 12 days the shoes did'nt ship and they did'nt make any effort to inform me about the delay - so I contacted them via Paypal and they claimed the shoe shipment is delayed from their partner warehouse. It seems they dont stock any shoes rather they just order them from different companies. They further claimed that it might not be possible to cancel this order since it is already submitted to their affiliated ware houses ?

So I filed a claim with paypal and shoebuy cancelled order and refunded my money after another week.

Total waste of time - they will hold your money for weeks .

If you guys decide to give shoebuy or other similar online shady shoe stores a try use PAYPAL only and communicate via paypal resolution center if they try to run with your money.

2017-03-07

Charge Return Fee?????

"I've been a customer for over 5+years. Never did they charge a return fee. Who does this?
Didn't see this info via their website, nor did I get an email saying they were updating there fees. Just in poor taste. And I won't shop there again.

Bye ShoeBuy.. Let me know if you "drop" these return charges and I'll consider buying again from you.

2017-02-01

some costs aren't measured in dollars

"Ordered Dr. Martens Icon 4 Eye Boot.
I paid $73.46 / free shipping. This is a very low price comparatively. $130.0 at Doc M's website.
I've worn and own 9 pairs of boots and shoes made by Dr. Martens since 2008. While SOME models HAVE improved - quality control and sizing are becoming a problem ever since they left England and Eastern Europe to go to China. The Flux 4 eye boot was a wonderful fit, simple style but the sole delaminated in a month. The perfect boot isn't made. It would be the Flux with the old Swiss cross safety sole. The closest is the Icon.
The Icon boot had to be returned because the right boot is too small. Wearing them even unlaced in the house to get them to stretch and relax a bit hurts on left side of the right boot toebox. I called about it . Cust Serv. sent a return label by email as I 'm within their 60 day return window.
Phone calls are frustrating since no one answering the phone knows what the status of my return is. They just read out the same text which I see on their returns webpage.
Tomorrow is the last day of the five they give themselves to accept/reject my return.
Make sure that you ask UPS tracking to send you updates. When my return was delivered I knew the name of the person receiving it at their Mass. warehouse. I was pleasantly persistent in asking for my return to be accepted.
My replacement came within 8 days excluding weekends from Dr. Martens in Portland Ore.
It fits well and makes me glad I insisted on the return.
The other folks who are complaining may be why they improved their customer service, I don't know. I will recommend them to friends and family. I was courteously treated and have the boots I expected.

2017-01-31

NO FULL REFUNDS

"I will be returning the item I bought (Order # 113074619) because it was uncomfortable and not at all what I was expecting. More than that though, I am appalled at how uncustomer-friendly their returns process is. I dare say, ShoeBuy must derive a great deal of it's profits from the hefty $6.95 "restocking" fee associated with returns. This, incidentally, is why people often fear buying shoes online-- because policies such as this make trying new products risky financially. I know I certainly have never encountered such a roadblock with Zappos, Amazon, or any of their other competitors. No deal is worth anything if the product is unsatisfactory. And even if I were to take the only other route possible and exchange the shoes, I feel I would simply be roped into buying a second product that I, again, cannot return should it too prove unsatisfactory.

Terrible experience, I will NEVER shop here again!

2017-01-27

The Worst Customer Service I have ever had

"I purchased a pair of healy shoes for my son and paid and extra 20.00 for fast shipping. The shoes were 2 weeks late , sent to wrong address, and wrong size was sent out. By then I had already returned to canada with no gift. When I spoke with customer service she said since it was their fault they would pay for shipping from Canada to the US to return the shoes. Not only did I not receive this credit for the nearly 40.00 I spent on shipping I was also charged a restocking fee. In total I have sent 9 emails and only received one response. I called again and the manager James was extremely rude to me, basically telling me that I was not telling the truth. I asked him to go over the notes of the call prior and he said it didn't matter as this employee was no longer working there. He continued to put me on hold and was terribly rude to me...I have never experienced treatment like this before especially when it was the company error. I would suggest to anyone never to use this site.. I will be posting this everywhere I can..."

2017-01-07

Total waste of time !

"I placed an order with this company on November 19 2016. On January 4th I emailed them to see what had happened to my order. They claim to ship within 5 to 10 business days but this was not the case. When I called their customer service number I was connected to someone trying to sell me a vacation and no mention of the company ? Very strange ? I was looking forward to receiving my new shoes but got absolutely nothing from them, no phone call, no email, nothing ! What a joke of a company ! Very expensive shipping rates and zero customer service."

2016-12-16

Great Transaction

"I had a good experience with ShoeBuy. The website is nice, ordering was easy, prices are good, shipping was fast and they sent an email with tracking info. I received the item I ordered as described. My sister-in-law recommended ShoeBuy after her positive shopping experiences.

It looks like most of the negative reviews have resulted from a misunderstanding of the return and exchange policy. The policy seems clear to me. Exchanges are free, but returns for refund have a restocking fee. This is a common policy for internet stores.

2016-12-16

Ba humbug...you ruined my Christmas!

"I placed an order on Shoebuy for my husbands Christmas present on 12/4/16. My email confirmation stated that I would receive my order in approximately 10 days. On the 14th I called to check the status since I had not received anything. I was told the item was out of stock. Don't you think the polite thing to do would be to notify the customer immediately? I have yet to receive any formal notification that my order has been cancelled or that I have been refunded. It is now the 16th. Back to square one trying to find this gift. Probably will have to find something locally since I cannot be guaranteed an arrival by Christmas. Their customer service is horrific!"

2016-11-29

False advertisement

"They will put some items on sale for very low price, collect your information but will never ship the product. Don't waste your time with this company? Customer service is the worst you can get in the industry. "

2016-11-28

Poor Customer Service

"A few weeks ago I purchased two pairs of shoes for work from Shoebuy. I had used them in the past and had a positive experience, and was happy to see that they had the shoes I needed at a great price. I placed the order, and after about two weeks of waiting, double checked the invoice I'd been sent, only to discover that the shoes had been delivered to the address I was living at when I last ordered, which was on the other side of the state. I called Shoebuy customer service and tried to explain the situation, only to be told that there was really nothing that they could do. I politely asked to speak to the representative's supervisor, was placed on hold for 10 minutes, and then given the exact same run-around & answer. I asked her if there was any way they could try and send out a return shipping label, or issue me a refund / credit, and instead she told me, "We contract with UPS, and once they have the order... I'm not officially saying that there's nothing we can do, but there really isn't." I then asked to speak to her supervisor and was told that she was out, but that she would call me the next day (a Saturday.) It has been over a week and I have still not heard any word from them. I ended up driving 2+ hours across the state and luckily was able to track down the current residents of my old house and they still had my shoes, so the situation ended well for me. However I was really surprised and disappointed by how I was treated and by how little of a priority it seems to be for Shoebuy to actually take care of their customers after taking their hard earned money. Why even have a customer service department if you're not willing to provide any? Go ahead and order if you're feeling lucky, just make sure that every last bit of your information is entered exactly right and be prepared for no support on their end if you run into any issues. "

Share ShoeBuy's store rating

ShoeBuy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ShoeBuy is not a merchant member
ShoeBuy does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!