• ShoeBuy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.88/10 0.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.38/10 1.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.97/10 0.97/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"I ordered a pair of shoes, due to weather it look longer to receive them but that was no fault of Shoe Buy. Unfortunately they were too small. I called and a return was initiated as well as the order for a bigger size, rep was very helpful and pleasant. I returned the shoes and the new ones were shipped right away. No complaints here!"

"Horrible experience returning boots. I order the size I usually wear. The boots were too narrow. I wore them for five minutes and knew I had to return them because they would kill my feet. After having to go to the UPS store, the employee accidentally tore the box. 2 weeks later I recieve the same shoes back. They said I tore the original packaging and wore the boots so the would not accept them back. I spent $130 on shoes I can't even wear. All I wanted was a size bigger. I will never order from shoebuy ever again. Horrible store. After reading all the horrible store reviews, I don't understand how overstock hasn't taken them off the site. "

"I have NEVER encountered a more inept service. The shoes I ordered - my usual size - fit horribly, and I received NO return form or label in my order. I tried to NO avail to call, and when I went to the site for returns it was ridiculous! I could make hide nor hair of it, and could not figure out how in heaven to get a label. I will NEVER order from them again, unless they make this right. and am STILL waiting for a return form!!"

"Oh, my dear Lord. Their customer service is frightfully awful. 1) Did not receive an order confirmation email, 2) charged my credit card, pending charge fell off, complete debit appeared in my account a few business days later, 3) customer service reps SUCK big time. REP: "Sorry - sometimes our emails go out, sometimes they don't," ME: "So your system isn't working 100%", REP: "(long pause) You can say that but that's just how technology is. Its not perfect," ME: "I ALWAYS get my emails from Amazon and Zappos," REP: "Well, we're not Amazon or Zappos," ..... 3) Emailed them initially about my order confirmation... never received a reply....... I always knew that shoebuy.com looked a sketchy and shady and I always avoided ordering from them. I should have STUCK with my instincts and avoid this joke of an ecommerce business. The top level officers of this company CLEARLY DO NOT RESPECT THEIR CUSTOMERS OR EVEN POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!!!! DO NOT SHOP WITH SHOEBUY.COM!"

"Poor customer service. They allegedly ship to a PO Box but shoes never arrived. They would not resend the shoes - told me to resubmit the order. "

"I run a large eBay business and couldn't imagine have such long shipping times. It's not that hard- you put the shoe in the box and you ship. Why on earth it took 8 days before the order was shipped is beyond me but the money I saved isn't worth the time it took to get the order here- and the order isn't here yet."

"Worst online retailer i have ever dealt with. This is my third time placing the same order for a simple pair of slippers. I have received an XL instead of a Small twice now and they still can't guarantee the third shipment will be correct until it arrives. Not sure what their issue is. Long hold times when I call customer service. Attempt number three is en route"

modified review This review was modified by reedmd450 on January 08 2015 06:08:04 PM

"Worst customer service experience. I've dealt with them three out of the four times I've ordered. The reps are either rude or disinterested and the one supervisor I spoke with couldn't have cared less about providing good customer service. Shame on me for trying them after the second bad experience - I should have just stopped there.

Their policy of "you only get one return shipping label per month" is just silly. You either offer free return shipping or you don't. So, if you place a large order that comes in more than one delivery/box, or place more than one order in a month and have to return something, you're going to have to pay for what doesn't fit in the box you use the label on.

That said, they did tell me they were making an "exception" for me that they would never be able to do again. So, do they make that "exception" for everyone and their policy is BS? Do they just threaten that so that you don't place a bunch of orders and have to return them? Sorry, but that's just part of the deal of being an online store. Commit to your policy or don't offer free shipping. Simple.

It also takes them a while to process returns. The anxiety their return process can cause (including dealing with their staff) made me purchase shoes from another site for more money. Well worth the extra cost.

"Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I ordered boots as a gift. I immediately received an email saying they process orders quickly so if you need to change anything call NOW. I didn't so I waited. The email said 5-10 days...8 days later I called and was told that my shipping label had just been printed. I was told the boots were coming from Oregon. To California? Not so bad. So, I waited. The next day I get an email that the boots shipped. UPS shows that the label had been printed. 1 day later they shipped, from Massachusetts. They will arrive in 11 days according to UPS...20 days after being ordered. That's not what I call timely service. Never again."

modified review This review was modified by Hope2002 on December 23 2014 10:02:45 PM

"These guys stink. I ordered boots for my niece, put in the sister's address to ship and the idiots left off the apartment number so the box has been sitting at UPS. I called customer service and the service rep tried to blame paypal. I called paypal and verified paypal does not have my sisters address because I never added the address to my account, so the shoebuy rep was either lying or stupid. Do not buy from these folks."

modified review This review was modified by vetdude on December 09 2014 06:35:23 AM

"I was threatened with multiple emails that if I did not call to verify my order it would be canceled. So, while on vacation, I call them only to be put on hold for half an hour--of my vacation--at which point I was told that no, the order I had placed 4 days ago had not yet been shipped, because they needed to verify it. After having already wasted an hour of my life dealing with an online purchase I had intended to spend 5 minutes on, I canceled the order.

I will never order from them again, would never recommend anyone else do so, and would like to invoice them $50 for my time.

modified review This review was modified by igooutside on November 29 2014 06:08:33 AM

"Not long after I left the review of my experience with Shoebuy.com, I received notification via email that my item was being shipped on 1 day delivery. I'm pleased to say that the parcel arrived this morning, all thanks to Joann who works at the company. I wish they'd given this level of service from the beginning but as it stands, they rectified the problem. I've updated my rating of them accordingly."

modified review This review was modified by robdeb_eason on November 25 2014 01:48:31 PM

"TERRIBLE customer service. Will not be ordering from them again."

modified review This review was modified by acumental1 on November 07 2014 05:34:40 PM

"Order shoes in a we and they were so narrow they didn't not fit my feet. I wore them for about five minutes on the black top and tried to send then back and they returned them telling me they were to dirty. How does a person found out if she likes the shoes are not without trying them on. Unhappy and out 65 dollars. Will never shop and this crappy dire again. "

Today at 9:07 AM

I really was looking forward to those boots I ordered. when I got them, the lacing up of the boots was a challenge but I needed to test them for my upcoming deer hunting. I wore them twice, my toes were jammed constantly in the toe box...no way could I wear them! I always take a 71/2 to 8. These were 8. you offered no half sizes, so I wanted a refund. Cleaned up the shoes, they looked fine to me, was thrilled to read 60 day returns/refunds...it had been about 40 or so. read all directions for returning and sent off in original shoe box (later to learn this was wrong) and mailed out 1 day later....loving your return/refund policy!!

7 days later the package with return of my boots, stating they had been used (how else could I test them?) and dirty, and had not used original (outer?) box to send back in...Your policy sounds great...but in reality we are at the mercy of whomever wishes NOT to honor it. $80 down the drain. I will never buy Crocs, let alone use Shoebuy again.

Thank you for giving me an avenue to vent my disappointment...I've tried for 4 days to leave it on 'write a review' and get nothing but 'gray' and not moving page..inaccessable

modified review This review was modified by bebbee on October 13 2014 06:17:42 AM

Share ShoeBuy's store rating

ShoeBuy is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ShoeBuy is a merchant member
ShoeBuy participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,885 merchant members.