Stores > ShoeBuy

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.54/10 3.54/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.75/10 1.75/10
2017-02-01

some costs aren't measured in dollars

"Ordered Dr. Martens Icon 4 Eye Boot.
I paid $73.46 / free shipping. This is a very low price comparatively. $130.0 at Doc M's website.
I've worn and own 9 pairs of boots and shoes made by Dr. Martens since 2008. While SOME models HAVE improved - quality control and sizing are becoming a problem ever since they left England and Eastern Europe to go to China. The Flux 4 eye boot was a wonderful fit, simple style but the sole delaminated in a month. The perfect boot isn't made. It would be the Flux with the old Swiss cross safety sole. The closest is the Icon.
The Icon boot had to be returned because the right boot is too small. Wearing them even unlaced in the house to get them to stretch and relax a bit hurts on left side of the right boot toebox. I called about it . Cust Serv. sent a return label by email as I 'm within their 60 day return window.
Phone calls are frustrating since no one answering the phone knows what the status of my return is. They just read out the same text which I see on their returns webpage.
Tomorrow is the last day of the five they give themselves to accept/reject my return.
Make sure that you ask UPS tracking to send you updates. When my return was delivered I knew the name of the person receiving it at their Mass. warehouse. I was pleasantly persistent in asking for my return to be accepted.
My replacement came within 8 days excluding weekends from Dr. Martens in Portland Ore.
It fits well and makes me glad I insisted on the return.
The other folks who are complaining may be why they improved their customer service, I don't know. I will recommend them to friends and family. I was courteously treated and have the boots I expected.

This review was modified by vabear on February 15 2017 04:30:01 PM

2017-01-31

NO FULL REFUNDS

"I will be returning the item I bought (Order # 113074619) because it was uncomfortable and not at all what I was expecting. More than that though, I am appalled at how uncustomer-friendly their returns process is. I dare say, ShoeBuy must derive a great deal of it's profits from the hefty $6.95 "restocking" fee associated with returns. This, incidentally, is why people often fear buying shoes online-- because policies such as this make trying new products risky financially. I know I certainly have never encountered such a roadblock with Zappos, Amazon, or any of their other competitors. No deal is worth anything if the product is unsatisfactory. And even if I were to take the only other route possible and exchange the shoes, I feel I would simply be roped into buying a second product that I, again, cannot return should it too prove unsatisfactory.

Terrible experience, I will NEVER shop here again!

This review was modified by M-EMBODY on January 31 2017 06:15:01 PM

2017-01-27

The Worst Customer Service I have ever had

"I purchased a pair of healy shoes for my son and paid and extra 20.00 for fast shipping. The shoes were 2 weeks late , sent to wrong address, and wrong size was sent out. By then I had already returned to canada with no gift. When I spoke with customer service she said since it was their fault they would pay for shipping from Canada to the US to return the shoes. Not only did I not receive this credit for the nearly 40.00 I spent on shipping I was also charged a restocking fee. In total I have sent 9 emails and only received one response. I called again and the manager James was extremely rude to me, basically telling me that I was not telling the truth. I asked him to go over the notes of the call prior and he said it didn't matter as this employee was no longer working there. He continued to put me on hold and was terribly rude to me...I have never experienced treatment like this before especially when it was the company error. I would suggest to anyone never to use this site.. I will be posting this everywhere I can..."

This review was modified by kazdoggie on January 27 2017 11:45:03 AM

2017-01-07

Total waste of time !

"I placed an order with this company on November 19 2016. On January 4th I emailed them to see what had happened to my order. They claim to ship within 5 to 10 business days but this was not the case. When I called their customer service number I was connected to someone trying to sell me a vacation and no mention of the company ? Very strange ? I was looking forward to receiving my new shoes but got absolutely nothing from them, no phone call, no email, nothing ! What a joke of a company ! Very expensive shipping rates and zero customer service."

2016-12-16

Great Transaction

"I had a good experience with ShoeBuy. The website is nice, ordering was easy, prices are good, shipping was fast and they sent an email with tracking info. I received the item I ordered as described. My sister-in-law recommended ShoeBuy after her positive shopping experiences.

It looks like most of the negative reviews have resulted from a misunderstanding of the return and exchange policy. The policy seems clear to me. Exchanges are free, but returns for refund have a restocking fee. This is a common policy for internet stores.

2016-12-16

Ba humbug...you ruined my Christmas!

"I placed an order on Shoebuy for my husbands Christmas present on 12/4/16. My email confirmation stated that I would receive my order in approximately 10 days. On the 14th I called to check the status since I had not received anything. I was told the item was out of stock. Don't you think the polite thing to do would be to notify the customer immediately? I have yet to receive any formal notification that my order has been cancelled or that I have been refunded. It is now the 16th. Back to square one trying to find this gift. Probably will have to find something locally since I cannot be guaranteed an arrival by Christmas. Their customer service is horrific!"

This review was modified by Mzoregun on December 16 2016 04:52:26 PM

2016-11-29

False advertisement

"They will put some items on sale for very low price, collect your information but will never ship the product. Don't waste your time with this company? Customer service is the worst you can get in the industry. "

2016-11-28

Poor Customer Service

"A few weeks ago I purchased two pairs of shoes for work from Shoebuy. I had used them in the past and had a positive experience, and was happy to see that they had the shoes I needed at a great price. I placed the order, and after about two weeks of waiting, double checked the invoice I'd been sent, only to discover that the shoes had been delivered to the address I was living at when I last ordered, which was on the other side of the state. I called Shoebuy customer service and tried to explain the situation, only to be told that there was really nothing that they could do. I politely asked to speak to the representative's supervisor, was placed on hold for 10 minutes, and then given the exact same run-around & answer. I asked her if there was any way they could try and send out a return shipping label, or issue me a refund / credit, and instead she told me, "We contract with UPS, and once they have the order... I'm not officially saying that there's nothing we can do, but there really isn't." I then asked to speak to her supervisor and was told that she was out, but that she would call me the next day (a Saturday.) It has been over a week and I have still not heard any word from them. I ended up driving 2+ hours across the state and luckily was able to track down the current residents of my old house and they still had my shoes, so the situation ended well for me. However I was really surprised and disappointed by how I was treated and by how little of a priority it seems to be for Shoebuy to actually take care of their customers after taking their hard earned money. Why even have a customer service department if you're not willing to provide any? Go ahead and order if you're feeling lucky, just make sure that every last bit of your information is entered exactly right and be prepared for no support on their end if you run into any issues. "

2016-10-26

Restocking fee

"Just found out, the hard way, that ShoeBuy now charges a $6.95 "restocking fee"for returns. Sounds like the cost for return shipping to me. It is not disclosed anywhere on their website. It shows up when you start the process to return an item. Time to look elsewhere for shoes. "

This review was modified by TheBigKahoona on October 26 2016 06:02:08 PM

2016-10-23

horrible policies

"so the order came quick tried them on and needed a half size bigger. Went to exchange and they wanted me to put my pay info BACK into the system again. Which is crazy, so I just asked for a full refund never had that happen when I've ordered anything else from any business. was my first time ordering and will be my last."

2016-09-07

False advertising

"When I bought my shoes the online ad said "Free Shipping and Free Returns". I just called and they said they would deduct a "restocking fee" of $6! Nowhere did I see anything about this when I ordered. I will never order from this awful company again! Plus, it took a week and a half to get them and they didn't arrive in time for the event for which I ordered them. Save your money, folks, and buy elsewhere."

2016-08-30

Not Really Free Shipping on Returns

"Won't be ordering from them again because of their deceptive advertising. The ad said free returns but they charge $6.95 for 'restocking'. Sounds like a shipping charge to me and why hide it in the small print? I'll stick with Amazon which really has free shipping & returns on all Prime purchases. "

2016-08-19

Warning False Advertising

"I just copied this add that they are running, this is a very bold lie!!! They are charging a restock fee, but your tag lines read free shipping and free returns. I would never have purchased from them knowing that they were charging $6.95 per pair of shoes for returns. This is horrible and totally deceptive.
This is your ad on google! Free shipping, free returns! Nowhere...unless you look in the small print under return policy does it mention the $6.95 fee...not per box, but per pair. So much for taking you at face value.

www.shoebuy.com/contact/customer-reviews
Read Customer reviews and testimonials from Shoebuy.com; shop with confidence and enjoy free shipping and free returns.

This review was modified by DaleMS on August 19 2016 12:12:49 PM

2016-08-10

Never Again

"I ordered 2 pairs of shoes. One pair never came , One pair was the wrong size. $6.96 re stocking fee in 2016? WHY , When the problem was on YOU and not the customer. I got a fraction of my money back for the pair that was a wrong size shipped. Nothing back from the pair that didn't even come. Terrible company, Terrible customer service! Don't waste your money, Go somewhere else!!!"

This review was modified by davidmabe on August 10 2016 08:31:36 AM

2016-06-29

Deceptive Practices

"I brought what I thought were flats, but ended up with two inch heels. When I tried to return them, I was told that there was a "restocking fee" of $6.95. When I purchased them, the website claims it is so easy to return with free shipping, but you have to dig a few levels down to where they finally tell you that they charge you a "restocking fee" of $6.95. So, free return shipping really is not free. I spoke to customer service and told them that this was a deceptive practice and asked them to waive the fee. Customer service could not care less, they just kept saying they "were not able to" waive the fee, but of course they could have. They also did not address that the product was not a displayed on the website. I will never use this company again! "

This review was modified by telogue on June 29 2016 09:05:14 AM

Share ShoeBuy's store rating

ShoeBuy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ShoeBuy is not a merchant member
ShoeBuy does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!