Stores > Ship a Car Direct

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.70/10 9.70/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.63/10 9.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.28/10 9.28/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.03/10 9.03/10
Voice your opinion! Review Ship a Car Direct by clicking a star below.
2017-03-22

Las Vegas To Michigan

"I have used Ship-A-Car Direct several times to move a vehicle to and from Las Vegas and Michigan. My experience has always been excellent. I recommend them highly!"

This review was modified by PaleAquaCoypu on March 24 2017 04:30:02 AM

2017-03-20

Perfect experience!

" Eric was awesome to work with, my car was delivered on time and in perfect condition just like when it left. I would recommend ship a car direct anyone, I know I will use them again if ever the need arises."

This review was modified by Bkoch6961 on March 22 2017 03:00:08 PM

2017-03-19

"Excellent on time service. David was great to work with and the carrier brought the car in top notch condition"

This review was modified by Samx_bhat on March 25 2017 06:37:33 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-25-2017

A rep from Ship a Car Direct, Safe-Direct Car Shipping, has responded

“Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, Samar! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!”

2017-03-15

"Used Ship a Car Direct twice in couple of months to ship cars from Texas to North Carolina. Picked up and delivered on time or early, very pleased overall with process."

This review was modified by jbriones on March 18 2017 05:42:09 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-18-2017

A rep from Ship a Car Direct, Safe-Direct Car Shipping, has responded

“Thanks for your positive review, James! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!”

2017-03-14

WARNING!

"I'll cut to the chase to save you from reading my rant:

DO NOT USE THESE GUYS!

This process has been a nightmare. If you wan't to roll the dice; take your chances, but I would highly recommend avoiding these guys at all cost. They will seem perfect up until the point you pay them. Once they get their money, you will not hear from them again. I had my vehicle shipped across the country using Ship a Car Direct and was "helped" by Stephan. Initially, Stephan was very helpful, informative, and always returned my calls if he missed them. I received an email from Stephan stating that they had found a company to ship my car. I looked up this company and found many bad reviews. When I called Stephan to voice my concern, he assured me that I am in good hands and made me feel like everything was going to be fine and he will help me if I ran into any issues. Sounds great, right? Nope. Once the vehicle was picked up and the driver loaded my car, he failed to put down wood blocks and scrapped my front bumper leaving heavy damage on the undercarriage. I have photos of the car getting scrapped as it was happening that my seller sent me. As soon as I saw this, I called Stephan; voicemail. I left him a message letting him know of the damage. This was on Saturday, so I figured he was out of the office.. No problem. After not hearing back from him I called again on Monday. Voicemail... I called again on Wednesday... Voicemail... Called on Friday. Voicemail.. Once The following Monday came around I had had enough. I called headquarters and spoke with someone about the damages. She immediately got defensive and asked if I had used the Ship-A-Car direct app to take photos of the car before pickup. I informed her that I had never received any information about the app. After searching through all the emails sent to me from Stephan, I realized that on the bottom of one email they briefly mention an app. I guess I was supposed to filter through the emails, discover the mention of the app, and have the seller take photos of the undercarriage and underside of the front bumper (because I have psychic abilities and am able to predict future damage of the vehicle.) Anyways... They informed me I had to provide photos of the damaged areas before and after, the Bill of Lading for pickup as well as delivery, and email the ever so helpful Stephan and cc: jerry@shipacardirect.com. So, I emailed both of them explaining the situation and providing the photos of the car getting scrapped, a PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection) of the car that highlighted no such damages, and the drop of Bill of Lading. (I did not have the pick up Bill of Lading since I purchased the car off eBay from a man on the otherside of the country). The seller of the vehicle didn't think anything of the paper and misplaced it. I have yet to here from Jerry or Stefan. I tried calling once again and big shocker... Voicemail! I have no problems with mistakes, as I understand they happen. But this company will take your money and run. They don't care about your car and once they get paid you will not hear from them again. DO NOT USE THEM. They will damage your vehicle and you won't hear from them again. Very disappointed. Now my brand-new car is damaged and there is nothing for me to do expect try to warn others of my experience.

If for whatever reason you use these guys anyways; be sure to follow these steps:

1. Download their mobile app

2. Upload TONS of photos of the car; inside and out. Get the front bumper, fenders, everything!

3. Have the seller (or whoever will be with the car getting picked up) go through the Bill of Lading and be very very specific. Keep the paper in a safe spot.

4. Once the car is delivered to you, do the same as stated above and inspect EVERY inch of the vehicle. Don't feel rushed. Look over every inch of your vehicle and check for any damage on the front bumper, undercarriage, seats, everything.

5. Pray they answer your phone calls

Very disappointing experience and can't express my dissatisfaction with this company enough. Pathetic.

This review was modified by Garrett1234 on March 16 2017 04:00:02 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-15-2017

“Hi Garrett,

We are using the same response for all of the reviews that were copied and pasted to different sites. We apologize for the experience you have had and have since refunded your fee towards your damage claim. Since filing the claim with us on 3/13/17 at 7:21pm EST you went ahead and posted reviews on every site you could find without giving us 24 hours to look into and respond to your claim.

We have tried reaching out to you yesterday and today and we have not heard back yet. If you just want to vent and post bad reviews that is fine, but if you would like to resolve this please give us a call back so we can help walk you through the claims process. We have already refunded our fee to you, if you would like further reimbursement towards the damage, we can help you through the same damage claim process that everyone else needs to go through.

Please reach out to us if you would like our help in getting this issue resolved. Thanks”

2017-03-13

Great the 2nd time too!

"I've used Ship-a-car Direct twice in the last 2 months - same service, easy, reliable and stress-free."

This review was modified by dsandstrom on March 15 2017 12:45:01 PM

2017-03-05

Ship A Car Direct is Great!

"Ship A Car Direct (shipacardirect.com) helped me get a Subaru Outback from Tyler Texas to Torrance CA in 3 days time total. Everything went smooth & was not too expensive. If you want to get a vehicle transported & don't want to worry about the trip - do yourself a favor and have Ship A Car Direct help you get it done well, the first time."

This review was modified by Luke_7 on March 07 2017 01:45:01 PM

2017-03-01

Ship without a Hitch

"This is the 4th time I have used Ship a Car Direct and as usual things went smoothly even with terrible weather across the US. I will never use anyone else to ship my cars."

This review was modified by rcggroup on March 04 2017 12:41:00 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-04-2017

A rep from Ship a Car Direct, Safe-Direct Car Shipping, has responded

“Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!”

2017-02-26

customer experience

"This is my second time using Shipacardirect and I am so happy with them.
David stayed with me in contact every step of the way and the price they provided me with was the best one out of all other trucking companies.
I would highly recommend them. I used them shipping out of state twice.

This review was modified by bl_laguna on February 28 2017 08:15:02 AM

2017-02-22

Repeat Customer

"We used Ship a Car Direct last year and were very satisfied so we decided to use them again this year. After we placed the order, we were notified within 24 hours that a carrier had been assigned. 2 days later the car was on its way. We were contacted by the carrier the day before the car was delivered -- the shipment took 4 days, which was quite reasonable. It was an easy, hassle-free experience. "

This review was modified by TexanNW-80939 on February 26 2017 11:14:40 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-26-2017

A rep from Ship a Car Direct, Safe-Direct Car Shipping, has responded

“Thank you for your review and for choosing us to ship your car, Beth! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!”

2017-02-22

Reliable and quick

"They picked the car on Wednesday in Chicago,IL and my car arrived in Henderson, NV on Monday. The driver I dropped off the car too was a different from the person who delivered. Nonetheless, they were both friendly. This is my second time I have used Ship a car Direct and I would use them again if I had to. Many thanks !"

This review was modified by vtb732 on February 24 2017 06:45:01 PM

2017-02-21

WHAT A PLEASANT JOB

"IT SATISFYING JOB I LOVE THE CAR THAT WAS SHIPPED "

This review was modified by helen_ashanti007 on February 23 2017 04:45:01 AM

2017-02-20

FAST AND EASY

"Very fast shipping time and great communication."

This review was modified by afgkr3w on February 22 2017 02:15:01 PM

Safe-Direct Car Shipping's Avatar

Los Angeles, CA & Denver, CO
2017-02-15

Great Company

"Ship a car is a great company I will use them always. Eric knots did a great job.would use you again."

This review was modified by Safe-Direct Car Shipping on February 17 2017 09:15:01 AM

2017-02-12

You did it again

"Once again, I received great service from Ship a Car Direct.

All went well. I highly recommend them without reservation

This review was modified by TABruce on February 14 2017 01:00:02 PM

Share Ship a Car Direct's store rating

Ship a Car Direct is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Ship a Car Direct is a merchant member
Ship a Car Direct participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,429 merchant members.