"Stay away from this merchant, this site is a bait and switch. Ordered a camera lens from the site. Page stated "All items are brand new, factory packaged and include full manufacturers USA warranty unless otherwise stated". Received an e-mail to "confirm my order" (indication number one something is up). When I called to confirm they were asking why I ordered an "import" lens. I told them the site indicated that it was not an "import" lens and I expected a US warranted model. They proceeded to cancel my order."

"Poor experience with the retailer, just cancelled my order for a Canon SD990 digital camera. They require a phone call to their "varification department" (sic), at which time they informed me that they'd "noticed" that I hadn't "ordered a battery with this camera". When asked why the camera didn't come with the camera, I was told that the international (grey market) cameras didn't come with a battery. The camera description webpage from which I ordered this camera specifically states "***ALL ITEMS ARE BRAND NEW, FACTORY PACKAGED AND INCLUDE FULL MANUFACTURERS USA WARRANTY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED***" ... I specifically checked at the time I ordered the camera and nowhere in the process does it state that this camera is not a USA Warranty camera. Typical bait-and-switch. I know their prices are typically low, but do yourself a favor and avoid this retailer like the plague ..."

"I agree with the majority of the bad reviews on this website. I ordered a Nikon lens and received a call 2 days later that they no longer had the lens that they sold me because it was an older version and they offered me a lens for $300 more. After I refused they said they would send me a confirmation that the order was canceled and I did not get one. I will be watching my credit card, "bait and switch" do not buy!"

"Submitted my order on November 18th, received an email today (the 20th) that I needed to call to confirm my order. Called. They proceeded to claim that the model I ordered is no longer available (even though their Web site continues to say it is in stock) and I needed to purchase the "new" model for $300 more.

I refused and asked that they cancel my order. Will monitor my Credit Card to verify no illegitimate charges pop up. A classic bait-and-switch seller who probably needs to be referred to the Better Business Bureau.

"These guys....just like what most ppl said....are some bunch of folks/company u should avoid to deal with....... I order a Canon flash light, which was the lowest price on @ google shopping so far, and when they called me and "confirm" the order, they said the flash light ONLY WORKS FINE with their so-called 500mAH batteries with the charger.... and I told them I already have the 2500mAH energizer, and then he told me to wait on the phone for quite a few minutes... and talk to me about mine 2500mAH will have the very slow recycle time of 9 seconds.... only their what-so-called 2900mAH battery will able to reduce the recycle time to 2 seconds.... honestly I use flash light more than 5 years, and I know this is really BS..... I then ask them to ship just what I've ordered, and then the other guy came talk to me said this is the grey-market version which comes w/ a plastic shoe and without a box.... I was like WTF!??!? Thus ask him how much for the US version: he first replied $410, and said this is the lowest US version price already on the internet; I then mention the lowest price other than theirs, is Buydig.com and would like to cancel the order.... (as everyone knows Buydig is indeed the very best online store which doesn't reply this sort of verification before shipping the item) and he told me to wait more than 10 minutes on the phone..... and came back and said he can go $399 free s/h, and I said buydig beats their price still, and he said they can match the price, and ask me to buy the grey-market model from them (buydig sells grey market stuffs?? Hello...!?), and then said he'll cancel the order and bye / hang up........

Anyone else?

"DON'T be FOOLLLL. Sharpestbuy.com is a really **ucking site i have ever known. I ordered an expensive lense at that site. Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS USM at the price which they listed on the website, about 1400usd. It is so cheap compare to another sites. Then i got a call, from their customer service said that i made some mistakes. He ask me to buy a 5 years warranty for that lense and 3 pieces filter. I am an international student, and cannot understand exactly what the ... he was talking about. I ask him to sent me an email and want to hang up. But he conclude the conversation that i will buy a lense, 5 year warranty and 3 filter. Then a day after that call, my card had been charged about 2300usd. The lense costs 1700usd instead of 1400usd as they listed. A 5 year warranty costs 300usd and 3 filters cost 200usd and shipping 100usd. I call back to ask what happen and he explain that the lense they listed in the website is a PLASTIC VERSION or something call GRAY MARKET. It is ..king cheating. There is no such thing call PLASTIC VERSION. I want to cancel my order, but he said it already shipped. At that time i call, the order still processing and there is no new information update. After that, he updated the information, and i saw the price i mentioned above. A ridiculous thing is that, they do not provide free shipping for an order cost 2300usd and i have to pay 100usd for a ...king slow shipping. I got my lense after about 5 days. I call them again to complain, they said they will give me 100usd back. But it needs about 2 weeks to process. But now, 3 month passed and i did not get back any money. I am not sure about the quanlity of the lense. It works OK but when i turn on IS, sometime an unknown error happens. I find out that it is the problem of connection. This lense is new, was produced on January or Feb... But the error makes me feel really frustrating. Another problem is the filters they ship to me. It is 3 Zeikos 77mm. They sold to me at 200usd and they said it used to be sold at 299usd. But when i google that series of filter, it cost about 25usd for all 3 filters. I am not sure that this is the set of filters they sent me but am sure that you will never want to deal with sharpestbuy.com

Sorry for my bad English.

"great price,fast shipping,will definitely buy from sharpestbuys again."

"BAD-BAD-BAD SELLER! DON'T BUY FROM THEM! Ordered Canon 70-200 mm lens. Got a call next day saying they don't accept AmEx and asking for a different form of payment. Took my Visa info over the phone and mentioned that the lens I'm buying is "GREY MARKET" and have no warranty, in addition it's made in Malaysia, vs the original is made in Japan! I asked to cancel my order and told them that I'll be leaving a feeedback on resellerrating.com regarding this matter! The seller said I'll be charged anyways and said that my card's been processed and hung up on me, even though I had asked to cancel my order multiple times! Had to call banks to cancel both of my cards!"

"Cheaters these people with their false prices!!
Not even worth half a point!
These people are wasting good people time.

"They canceled my order w/o reason. In the end, it seems to me that they are posting the lowest price as bait.

I found the lowest price for Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G-AFS ED-IF VR Lens on their web site and I ordered one for my friend oversea.

Following day, they left me voice mail asking me to call back regarding my order. So I called back, and they asked which option I'd choose; plastic or glass for more cost (something like that: I don't know much about camera lenses).

After talking to my friend, I asked them plastic because my friend thought the extra cost for glass seemed too much, and then they said they'd send plastic one. After a few days, I got email saying the order was canceled without specific reason mentioned.

"After one week my item never shipped nor had a customer service rep responded to my inquiries. I canceled my order."

"very reliable as described-taylor M"

modified review This review was modified by TAYLOR1234 on July 06 2009 02:56:30 PM

"Great company , great product. Very easy to work with - a real pleasure. placed order and got product right away.. i would definitely order from them again!!! thanks!!!!"

"Great prices, great service, blazing shipping speed. wonderful place to do business, would definitely buy from again!!!!"

"Excellent transaction. Will definately do business with again."

Sharpestbuys.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sharpestbuys.com is not a merchant member
Sharpestbuys.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!