Stores > Sharper Image

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10

2016-01-28

Stay Away!!!

"Should have read the reviews before purchasing from Sharper Image. Got Sleep Improving Wrist Band for $89 from them. It worked - for a while. The velcro fastener fell apart and the band couldn't be used. Sent email - no response. Called customer service, and the lady informed me that this item does not qualify for a return because it is a personal hygiene item (!?). Lost a little less than 100 bucks just like that :("

This review was modified by Isho on January 28 2016 12:23:27 PM

2016-01-17

Worse Shopoing Experience Ecer

"I ordered a hover board as Sharper Image guaranteed a pre-Christmas delivery date. I had to call Sharper multiple times for delivery updates and never got a clear answer why delivery was delayed. I ended up having to buy another hover board from local store to ensure I had one for Christmas. I eventually received the hover board but it was the week after Christmas. Sharper Image didn't once contact me about this matter. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and just found out they are closing the case because Sharper Image never responded to their multiple inquiries. I highly recommend avoiding this company at all possible given its horrendous customer service. "

This review was modified by Rolltideroll123 on January 17 2016 11:32:11 AM

2016-01-15

Worst Customer Service

"Needed to return one holiday gift. Started with SI's online return service. While the item was 'approved for return,' the online process bonked. Called Customer Service and was told I called too late in the day. OK, next day went back to online returns & experience was even worse. Called Returns. Agent had the same problem with online resolution. Forwarded me to Customer Service agent who proceeded to blame previous agents for the problem. I told her I called not to hear blame, but for a resolution. Got nowhere, so asked to speak to a manager. She transferred me to a sales agent who was mystified that I would be transferred to her (which was correct). The sales agent transferred me back to a Returns agent again who said SI had been having computer troubles, but she was able to work it out and would email me a return label shortly. It is 4 hours later, now, after hours and have yet to receive the label to mail the item back. So unacceptable and missing the point of customer service. I own a small business and this is not how I treat customers. I expect even more from a large corporation. Had not ordered anything from Sharper Image in a long time and will not be anxious to order again any time soon! Do most of shopping online with both larger and smaller businesses often requiring exchanges, returns or re-orders. This experience ranks at the very bottom! Word to the wise -- you can find most of SI's items (or similar) elsewhere and be way less aggravated if something is not right. Life is too short for this. Do business with companies that make life for the customer a pleasure and who really care about you."

This review was modified by advogal on January 15 2016 04:55:00 PM

2016-01-10

"I bought an expensive humidifier that claimed to be extra silent, to have a sleep setting that is very quiet, and to have large water capacity up to 60 hours. Well I would have been happy with 12 hours. In fact the item is extremely loud with irregular mechanical sounds that will wake you up, and the water does not last all night. NOT AS ADVERTISED but now I have to pay 10 dollars plus to send it back. They should stand by their products."

This review was modified by chbenard-36870 on January 10 2016 07:25:12 AM

2016-01-05

""Customer Service" is a sham! After two weeks of promises, I have zero resolution on a $500 item that was delivered defective. It's worse than ordering from a random chop shop in China. If you dare order from Sharper Image, make sure that your credit card has good customer service, because disputing the charge may be your only method of resolution."

This review was modified by mtmerrow on January 05 2016 06:31:25 PM

2015-12-28

"Placed an order with these people on Dec. 18. Emailed their customer service Dec. 24th asking why I had not received processing confirmation. Nothing....despite their autoemail that I would receive a reply within 24 hours. Dec. 28th, not having heard from them, I emailed again asking to cancel the order that had not yet been processed. Well, well, well, got an almost immediate response that they were unable to cancel to order despite the fact it has STILL not been processed. Pathetic shipping procedures, and a ridiculous cancellation policy. They could save money by getting rid of their "customer service" that can't edit orders and improving their shipping."

This review was modified by ifoldalot on December 28 2015 06:43:22 PM

2015-12-24

"Website promised delivery by Christmas, even paid extra for express. When gift did not arrive contacted Sharper Image was told there was nothing they could do. Was gift for child from Santa, and was told by Sharper Image to tell my child why Santa did not arrive just to tell the child to be patient, then was told to tell my child whatever I wanted as there was nothing they could do.
Will ask for refund and NEVER patronize any business of Sharper Image again.

This review was modified by mg13112 on December 24 2015 12:47:46 PM

2015-12-24

"Sharper Image would not honor my Merchandise Certificate (Certificate no. 6214433, Order reference no. 2783108) for $79.50. Therefore I plan to write as many online reviews as possible that rate Sharper Image as low as possible so that others do may not experience the same disappointment. I also plan to unsubscribe from your mailing list and will recommend that other potential customers do the same."

2015-12-21

"Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced in my lifetime!!!"

This review was modified by BCGLENN on December 21 2015 09:43:09 AM

2015-12-17

"WOW! I PLACED A $437.00 ORDER WITH SHARPER IMAGE ON NOV. 29TH, A SUNDAY NIGHT. THE REASON I PLACED SUCH A LARGE ORDER WAS THEY WERE GIVING A 20% DISCOUNT/GIFT CARD, PLUS FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99. I RECEIVED MY ITEMS ON WEDNESDAY, DEC. 2ND. I HAD CALLED ABOUT THE FREE SHIPPING AS SOON AS I PLACED MY ORDER AND FINALLY, MY CREDIT CARD WAS CREDITED WITH THE SHIPPING. THEN, I PLACED ANOTHER SMALLER ORDER A LITTLE OVER $100. NO PROBLEMS THERE. I THINK IT WAS ACTUALLY A LITTLE UNDER $100, SO I WASN'T EXPECTING ANYTHING FREE. BUT, FOR WHATEVER REASON, I RECEIVED A GIFT CARD FOR $25. HMMM, 20% OF $400+ IS OVER $80. I DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE $25 GIFT CARD WAS FOR.

I STARTED CALLING AND E-MAILING SHARPER IMAGE ON DECEMBER 8TH. THE PERSON I FINALLY GOT THROUGH TO SAID, I WOULDN'T BE RECEIVING THE 20% UNTIL 24-48 HOURS AFTER MY PACKAGE WAS MAILED. HEY, I RECEIVED IT ON THE 2ND OF DEC. IT HAD BEEN 6 DAYS SINCE RECEIVING THE PACKAGE AND 9 DAYS SINCE PLACING IT, MAKING ME BELIEVE IT WAS SHIPPED ON AT LEAST NOV. 30TH. SHE STATED TO WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS. WITH THE CHRISTMAS SEASON AND THEY WERE VERY BUSY.

IN ESSENCE, I HAVE CALLED AT LEAST 3 TIMES AND THE LAST TIME WAS TOLD THEY WERE RUNNING BEHIND AND THE 20% DISCOUNT SHOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF 'ON MONDAY'. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE 7TH OF DECEMBER.

ON FRIDAY DEC. 11TH, I GOT AN E-MAIL THANKING ME FOR MY ORDER AND WANTING THE ORDER NUMBER. SO I IMMEDIATELY SENT AN E-MAIL BACK GIVING HIM THE ORDER NUMBER (THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD THAT SINCE I HAD TALKED AND E-MAILED THEM SO MANY TIMES).

THEN I GOT THE E-MAIL THANKING ME AGAIN....OH, I AM JUST TIRED OF THINKING ABOUT THIS. ALL I CAN SAY IS PLEASE BE WARY WHEN DEALING WITH SHARPER IMAGE. THEY HAVE SOME NEAT THINGS AND IT WOULD BE A GREAT COMPANY IF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE WASN'T SO LOUSY.

This review was modified by jcro6581 on December 17 2015 01:45:00 PM

2015-12-14

"If I did not have to choose a rating star, it would actually be 0. I received an item which was damaged in transit. This was to be a holiday gift. I called Customer Service to have them send me a FedEx return label and to initiate an exchange of the item before Christmas. They took my phone number and said Customer Service would have to return my call (that is who I was just speaking to, no???). Needless to say, I did not receive a return call. The next day I sent an email. Unfortunately, I never received any response email. I also sent a contact us inquiry form from their website and still had not heard back.

Since this is the busiest time of year, I called them again today. I spoke to a representative who took all the information and said I would have an email with a return label sent to my email address within 15 minutes. Five hours later, I still did not have a return label. So, I called Customer Service back and the representative told me that since I had initiated a return, she would not be able to send me the label by email again but could mail it to me. It might take up to two weeks to receive the return label. Christmas is less than 10 days away!!!! I guess I will not be getting an exchange anytime soon. In fact, I have decided that I am just going to return the item and NEVER purchase from them again! I wish I would have read the online reviews regarding poor customer service prior to placing my order in the first place.

This review was modified by reefmeter on December 14 2015 02:47:00 PM

2015-12-12

"Sharper Image does not let you edit orders once they are placed.

Within minutes of placing an accidental order for the wrong essential oil, I contacted Sharper Image to see if I could change to eucalyptus instead of cinnamon. The two customer service representatives I spoke with said there is no way for anyone to edit an order, no matter how early you catch it. My only options were to put in a request to cancel the order (which would take 2-3 days, had no guarantee of going through, and would put the arrival date for my new order past Christmas) or order the correct product and return the original once it came (which would charge me for the shipping costs on the second order).

This is unacceptable. Many companies offer the ability to edit and change orders before the items are shipped. I will not be shopping with Sharper Image again.

This review was modified by lxbeat on December 12 2015 02:23:53 PM

2015-12-07

" I bought the "World's Fastest Hair Dryer" believing it to be a Sharper Image exclusive, that is, an item manufactured specifically for Sharper Image. I had bought a similar blow dryer years before and liked it a lot, so I considered this one to be worth the premium price I paid. When it arrived I opened the outer carton to find that this was a ConairQX blow dryer, available anywhere, and it cost only about half as much at Amazon---a difference of over forty dollars. If I had not used a coupon at Sharper image, theirs would have been almost 68 dollars more than at Amazon. Why didn't I comparison shop to begin with? Because Sharper Image had altered the photograph, airbrushing out the Conair logo to deceive people into believing this item could not be purchased anywhere else.

I called them and negotiated a full refund, in return for not writing this review. It was to include return shipping, since this was a case of deceptive advertising, not buyer's remorse. I did then buy the identical dryer from Amazon, the same day. I sent the original back on November fourth, still sealed in its box, and they received it on November fifth. I finally called them in December to find out why my refund hadn't been processed. I reminded them that I was to receive the FULL price back, which included return shipping. They said they could see that in the notes, but could not guarantee no one would screw it up. Predictably, they DID screw it up, and I had to go to Chase to have the full amount refunded. Fortunately Chase is as reliable as Sharper Image is disreputable, and they handled it for me.

I wasted hours on the phone dealing with this purchase, spent endless time on hold, endured multiple transfers to other departments only to be transferred back to the number I originally called, had to traipse to the fedex office and wait in line for a receipt, kept checking my credit card for the refund for a month, logged into Fedex to see when they got the package back, spent time on the phone twice with Chase...and in the end, Sharper Image still didn't process the full refund as promised.

They broke their end of the bargain, so I am no longer constrained from writing this review.

My advice if tempted to shop there? Just---DON'T.

This review was modified by cre8ivewmn on December 07 2015 07:46:38 AM

2015-02-27

"Sharper Image is the second worst company I've ever dealt with, not too far behind 1&1 Internet.

My story has the same motifs as all of the other negative reviews posted here. They will screw you over and then blatantly lie and make up reasons to justify themselves. I will explain how.

Often, when someone buys a gift card from Sharper Image, it comes with a hidden caveat that the gift card cannot be used for certain items (such as Bose). This means that if you purchase a gift card for someone else, you must embarrass yourself and say that the gift card has conditions.

I received a gift card for the Sharper Image, and as most of their stuff is crap, I decided to apply the gift card towards Bose headphones. I entered the gift card code during checkout, the system happily accepted my money, and everything went through.

A few days after making my order, I receive an email stating that my gift card was not eligible for the order (even though it already went through), that my order was cancelled, and the details have been removed from the system.

After emailing customer service, they respond and tell me that when I purchased the gift card from Groupon, that I did not read the fine print and I cannot apply the gift card towards Bose products. I did not buy the gift card from Groupon...

After responding to their email, they ignore everything I say, and tell me that the item has been discontinued. I check their website and the item is still up for sale.

From my experience, when someone gives two totally different excuses for something, at least one (usually both) excuses are lies.

I did some reading online, and people had the same experience, with the lies tailored to their specific situation. People that paid with Paypal were told that Paypal rejected the charge (even though the charge was made). People that paid with a specific card were told that their card was rejected (even though it was approved during checkout and the charge appeared on their card).

Back to my terrible experience. I email them back again, and tell them that the Bose headphones are a new item released by Bose, and that they are in no way discontinued. If they are simply back-ordered, that I will gladly wait.

Sharper Image emails me back, ignores my response again, and insists that I purchased the gift certificate on Groupon. Again, I did not purchase anything on Groupon...

Every time they get caught with a lie, they ignore you and come up with a new lie. It's likely that their margins on certain brand-name products are lower than the crap exclusive to Sharper Image, so they restrict their gift cards to the high-margin items only. If you don't like their crap, you can let your gift card sit around while they keep the money that the original purchaser paid for the card.

I will be filling a complaint with the BBB and I will certainly never be a customer with Sharper Image again.

Buyer beware.

2015-02-17

"I ordered a xmas present for my wife , She did not like it, So I called sharper Image to return it, They told me I had to return it to California at my own expense, It cost $68.50 to return an item that cost me $168.00. They received it on January 12th ,2015 as of today February 17th, 2015 I still have not received my refund. I've called twice a first they told me 14 working days, Now it Another 14 working days. BUYER BEWARE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY."

Share Sharper Image's store rating

Sharper Image is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sharper Image is not a merchant member
Sharper Image does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!