Stores > Sharper Image

Product & services pricing Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sharper Image by clicking a star below.
2017-01-09

So very disapointed!!! -- I have been robbed by Sharper Image - my first & last purchase ..

"Ordered product, got confirmation and was told it would be delivered a week ago. No product, no shipping notice and NO ONE HOME Customer Service!!!! When I tried to use their system to track my shipment, I get directed to dropship.com - which has nothing to do with sharper image or me!!!!! I have a non-recognizable tracking number...tried the post office, ups and fed ex

This was my first purchase and surely will be my last. I'm OUT $160!!!!! and there's no one home at Sharper Image - unless I take a day off from work to reach them.......Who only has customer service from 9 am to 6 pm??????? ( Tried this weekend - and no one answered - was told they were having technical troubles - tried this evening and was told they closed at 6...)

Lousy customer service - no product - but they eagerly STOLE my money

2016-12-28

"Lied about before Christmas delivery and now wants to send the product SCAM!!!!!"

2016-12-27

Sharper Image ****!

"Same here! Their website lied. Holiday Express: Must order by Tuesday, 12/20@11:59 PM EST for X-MAS Delivery and my order was placed on Monday, 12/19 @ 8:26 AM and guaranteed to reach me for X-MAS Delivery BS! Still have not received them! I contacted them via email and cricket.......Very disappointed and I will never order from them again! "

2016-12-23

Shady way to make last minute money

"Same as everyone else on here I, along with a relative, ordered 400$ worth of gifts with the guarantee that shipping express for 20$ would make it in time for Christmas. LIE. My email is as follows:

We are very sorry to inform you that our delivery companies couldn't accommodate a huge increase in orders and unfortunately your order will not arrive in time for Christmas.
It will arrive on Friday, December 30.

To make amends for this inconvenience, we are offering you a $25 eGift Card.*

This is bill $hit. I don't want a 25 dollar gift card I want my gifts ON TIME. i will be calling customer service. Because of their lies, my family won't have gifts from me. Inconsiderate and Unprofessional. They are still holding my money as if I still intend to buy. NO

Slipshod shipping

"I had nearly the exact same experience as Jerigue's "Never Again" review. Order placed 12/20/16 with arrival due before Christmas. The only correspondence sent to me was an email saying my order was received. I got suspicious when my payment was still pending on PP. I contacted SI via online chat and SI blamed shipping delays on FedEx "They couldn't handle the last minute volume" and offered me a 20% discount and refund of shipping cost, which I hope to see. Online chat rep could not check the order status "because package cannot be tracked until FedEx gives it a tracking number; Really?! You have no system of your own to track packages. You have to rely on an outside vendor to track your orders. And, anyone expecting packages next week should know; my online conversation was on 12/23/16 at 1:00pm and the rep told me the warehouse will not be open again until 12/27/16. "

Never Again

"Ordered a Virtual Pong game for a child's Christmas present on December 16, 2016. All information that was given to me assured me that the present would be delivered by Christmas. Called a couple of days later since I had not been given notice of shipping and was told not to worry that I would receive it before Christmas. Called this morning, December 23, and was told that I would not be receiving the gift and that it was FedEx's fault. Can't believe that a company is this disorganized and then blames someone else. Not doing business with these folks again and would suggest that no one else does either. "

2016-12-22

Christmas

"Their website currently lists

Holiday Express: Must order by Tuesday, 12/20 @ 11:59 PM EST for Christmas Delivery
2-Day Air: Must order by Wednesday, 12/21 @ 5 PM EST for Christmas Delivery
Next Day Air: Must order by Friday, 12/23 @ 5 PM EST for Christmas Delivery

My order was placed Tuesday, 12/20 @ 2:30 PM EST and guaranteed to reach me for Christmas Delivery. 2 days after ordering, I had still yet to receive a confirmation email that my order had shipped. Upon contacting Customer Service, I was informed that my order would not be reaching me until "between the 26th and 28th" due to "delays at the shipping warehouse." Upon asking if that meant all 2-Day Air and Next Day Air orders were delayed, I was simply told "no". As a result, I asked today (Thursday, 12/22) to simply be upgraded to Next Day Air in order to get the gift in time. I was told that "The Next Day Air shipping option is at its capacity for the holiday" and countered with 10% off my order.

How dare a company "guarantee" shipping for Christmas and not only fail to meet the deadline that you paid extra for, but refuse to make it right? No wonder these guys had to cease operations 8 years ago and be resurrected. 1.0 rating here, 1.1 on another site. You would think after hundreds of negative reviews like mine were posted on reputable sites such as ResellerRatings, that they would finally shape up. Right. What an absolute freaking farce of a company. It's a modern miracle that they're even in business.

2016-12-22

Shady Shipping - do not rely on what they say!

"They promise expedited shipping, however ships local to save money! I ordered on Monday the 19th, and the Sharper Image web-site showed clearly a delivery date of Friday the 23rd. The package was shipped on Wednesday the 21st, and if Sharper Image would put in a two-day Fed-Ex it would indeed arrive on Friday the 23rd. But Sharper Image was cheap and wanted to save shipping costs and shipped it regular shipment with FedEx and now it will arrive on Tuesday the 27. Seems like they have shady business practices of promising a delivery date and not living up to it! So if you must have something delivered on time choose Amazon!"

2016-12-15

Epilady Facial Epilator Fail

"I ordered the "Epilady" Facial Epilator. Copy written to advertise this item touts that it is "Specifically designed for use on fine facial hair" (read, peach fuzz), with "Small epilating head (that) ensures precise control". I used it once, to no avail. All fine facial hair was still on my face. I re-read the usage instructions, adjusted the way I was holding the epilator to my face, and tried again. All fine facial hair still firmly attached to my face.
I logged in to Sharper Image to register my return, went through the process, and as I finished a message popped up on my computer. "This item is not eligible for return as it has been opened."
Really??? How could I possibly determine that it did not work without opening the box, and trying the device?
I am quite disappointed with Sharper Image, and will not be purchasing from them again. Buyer beware.

2016-11-29

Beware of "Cash Back"

"I ordered a Bose soundwave radio due to the add Sharper Image had (20% cash back on orders over $99). I thought wow what a great deal, because I wanted to also get speaker. Little did I know until I went to purchase the speaker on a separate order the the "cash back" can only be used on there "junk" items. Called customer service (twice) service was horrendous both times, they said I should have looked under frequently asked questions and I would have see what the rules of cash back are. Why should I even have thought of that this should have clearly been stated on the main website. Horrible experience with a horrible company"

2016-05-31

Disappointed customer

"I ordered this hover board from Sharper Image because they were having a 20% cash back promotion. Yet I had to chase them down for a month in order to finally get the code. Then I had a small window in which to use it. When I went to use it I found that I was one day late, that it had expired. I contacted Shaper Image to see what they could do and they offered me a $25 coupon for a future purchase. I could save more if I ordered from Amazon! My cash back promotion had been for $76!! I think they give people the run around hoping people will forget or not have time to devote chasing them down - which I did, and I don't. I am so, so disappointed with this company!!! Oh, and the delivery was super slow as well!!"

2016-02-22

Poor company to do business with

"Purchased a product on line as a Christmas present. Received a confirmation email for my order with a note that I would receive an email notification when the item shipped. I didn't receive this notification, and assumed the item was back ordered. I was surprised when my January PayPal statement showed that I had been billed for the item. When I called the store they told me the item had been delivered and signed for. The name on the receipt was not mine, or any member of my household. They told me "too bad" because I didn't contact them within 30 days of their shipment. How could I when I didn't know the item had been shipped I asked? After much push back on my part they agreed to give me a coupon for the purchase price that I could use to order something else. I was to receive the coupon via email within 3 days. 3 days has come and gone (and then some) and I have not received the coupon. I hope PayPal can help me get my refund. "

2016-01-28

Stay Away!!!

"Should have read the reviews before purchasing from Sharper Image. Got Sleep Improving Wrist Band for $89 from them. It worked - for a while. The velcro fastener fell apart and the band couldn't be used. Sent email - no response. Called customer service, and the lady informed me that this item does not qualify for a return because it is a personal hygiene item (!?). Lost a little less than 100 bucks just like that :("

2016-01-17

Worse Shopoing Experience Ecer

"I ordered a hover board as Sharper Image guaranteed a pre-Christmas delivery date. I had to call Sharper multiple times for delivery updates and never got a clear answer why delivery was delayed. I ended up having to buy another hover board from local store to ensure I had one for Christmas. I eventually received the hover board but it was the week after Christmas. Sharper Image didn't once contact me about this matter. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and just found out they are closing the case because Sharper Image never responded to their multiple inquiries. I highly recommend avoiding this company at all possible given its horrendous customer service. "

2016-01-15

Worst Customer Service

"Needed to return one holiday gift. Started with SI's online return service. While the item was 'approved for return,' the online process bonked. Called Customer Service and was told I called too late in the day. OK, next day went back to online returns & experience was even worse. Called Returns. Agent had the same problem with online resolution. Forwarded me to Customer Service agent who proceeded to blame previous agents for the problem. I told her I called not to hear blame, but for a resolution. Got nowhere, so asked to speak to a manager. She transferred me to a sales agent who was mystified that I would be transferred to her (which was correct). The sales agent transferred me back to a Returns agent again who said SI had been having computer troubles, but she was able to work it out and would email me a return label shortly. It is 4 hours later, now, after hours and have yet to receive the label to mail the item back. So unacceptable and missing the point of customer service. I own a small business and this is not how I treat customers. I expect even more from a large corporation. Had not ordered anything from Sharper Image in a long time and will not be anxious to order again any time soon! Do most of shopping online with both larger and smaller businesses often requiring exchanges, returns or re-orders. This experience ranks at the very bottom! Word to the wise -- you can find most of SI's items (or similar) elsewhere and be way less aggravated if something is not right. Life is too short for this. Do business with companies that make life for the customer a pleasure and who really care about you."

Share Sharper Image's store rating

Sharper Image is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sharper Image is not a merchant member
Sharper Image does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!