• Address: 1055 South 1675 West Orem, UT
    • Phone: 801-356-3823
    • Customer Support: 800-709-1345
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 6:00pm MST Mon-Fri Closed Sat and Sun
    • Fax: 801-356-3826

"I have worked with this company on multiple occasions and can honestly say they are top notch. I'm lucky that i live down the street from their warehouse, so i can just swing by and pick it up. I have only had one issue that i contacted them about and they took care of me completely (even though it was several weeks past when i should have told them about the problem and outside a normal return window). Can't beat the prices either..."

"update: Since writing this review I was contacted by a sales representative and the President of the company. They did take ownership of the problem and did rectify the situation to my satisfaction. With that in mind I will say that my previous comments and ratings were harsh. I am however somewhat concerned that another comment from September 2012 was remarkably similar to mine with regard to the original situation and the reconciliation. Has this company actually corrected its issues? I guess only time will tell. What I can say is they are honest and will make the situation right.

This company should not be in business. They care nothing about the consumer.

modified review Rep reply posted May-30-2013

pwily, Sewell Direct / Sewell De rep has responded

“Jeff, it's been almost a month since we had a chance to talk but I just wanted to follow up to let you know that we have incorporated your feedback into our weekly training meetings.

We really appreciate that you took the time to notify us about this problem and gave us the chance to make it right. We understand that from time to time things don't go perfectly and feedback like yours helps us become a better company.

If there is anything we can do for you remember that you can always email or talk to a real person during business hours at (800)709-1345.

Thanks,
Preston Wily
President”

"UPDATE: After complaining to customer service I was contacted by both the manager in charge of Customer Service as well as the President of the company. With their involvement, they acknowledged the poor handling of my case and brought it to a very satisfying resolution. They took full responsibility for the issue and explained what steps they were taking to help ensure other customers do not have a similar experience. Their thorough and thoughtful attention to my case given to small size of the order was excellent. I believe my issue was primarily due to a newer employee being unfamiliar with proper company procedure. The resolution has made me completely satisfied.

Very poor customer service. They assume you are lying when you have a problem with one of their products. For a very small amount of effort and money they could have made me a happy customer, instead, they now have a very disgruntled ex-customer. What sets people and companies apart is how they handle less than ideal situations. Sewell has definately set themselves apart...they belong at the bottom of anyones list of companies to do business with.

modified review This review was modified by jamieplatoon on September 13 2012 09:52:21 AM

"I have Shopped with Sewell Direct many times. They have great prices on hardware and cables. I have paid about 10-20 percent on the the cost of the same things at Wal-mart for things like HDMI cables and male-male audio cables. They also have good customer service and return policies. I bought a microphone that came quickly and was special ordered and later realized that I really wanted a different type of mic. I returned it and they didn't even charge me a restocking fee to ship it back to wherever they had special ordered it from."

"Place my order on 1/31. Was sent an email on 2/1 which stated "Because the vendor we shipped the Matrox Triplehead2Go Digital Edition operates in Florida, we need to charge you sales tax for your order. It is $22, is it okay for us to charge that to your card?" I refused and told them to adjust the price to include the tax or simply cancel my order. To which they replied "We will go ahead and cover the sales tax as the vendor has already shipped the item." On 2/6 having not received my item I went online to check the status of my order, only to discover that it had not been updated. I started an online chat and was told it was shipped and that Jacquelyn Welling would send me the tracking information when she arrived later that day. On 2/8 having not received any packages or tracking information I once again initiated an online chat only to be told it was out of there hands and when it comes i can refuse it and they would refund my money upon return receipt. Return receipt? They cant even provide confirmation it was ever shipped but they refuse to refund my money until they receive the item back? What kind of fly by night business is this? Next step is to call my credit card company to dispute the charges.

UPDATE

I received a call from Mark Wainwright Support Manager. As you can see from their reply below they did not try to make excuses and they took full responsibility for there mistake (That says a lot about their character & is very rare now a days). They did make good on the order and have the item sent overnight at their expense. Clearly there was a breakdown in their system on multiple levels. However, after speaking with Mark and experiencing first hand how he dealt with the situation, I believe they have/will make the appropriate changes to prevent this from happening again. I think they have learned for this and I will be giving them another chance to earn my business in the future.

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-11-2012

pwily, Sewell Direct / Sewell De rep has responded

“This order was fulfilled by a partner; based on this experience we are discontinuing business with this particular partner.

We handled the sales tax issue incorrectly; since we made the mistake during checkout we should not have contacted the customer for sales tax in the first place.

We also should not have required the product be returned before issuing a full refund. We have discussed these two issues with our customer service team.

Our customer service manager, Mark, assured me that he spoke with you and the issue has been resolved. I understand that we overnighted the order at our expense; we understand that we did not live up to your expectations on this order but we hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Again, we are truly sorry for your trouble and can assure you that we take this type of feedback very seriously. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make things right.”

"I did do order from them : HDMI splitter. I got item after few days, and finally its working ! In contrast to other 4 splitters which I tried from other vendors and OTHER brands. 5 stars for Sewell"

"I would hesitate to order from Sewell Direct again. It is March 28, and I am still waiting to receive what I ordered in January. They shipped part of my order (a cable), then later closed the entire order as being processed - despite a call from me to customer service, to tell them that the invoice looked incorrect, because it showed both items. At that time they assured me that the missing component would ship once it came in. But it didn't. They sold that inventory to someone else, which put me back to square one in the backorder list. They have a nice chat interface, which I have used to inquire about the back order status. My overall experience has been plagued by order issues on their end and inept handling of inventory. Buyers, beware."

"I had an issue in which the wrong part was sent. I was encouraged when my complaint was quickly handled, a replacement sent with a cross ship label for the wrong part. However, the second part sent was also wrong. Repeated emails to get resolution were completely ignored."

"The entire process was exactly on the mark -- ordering, pricing, confirmation, tracking, packaging, delivery! A pleasure to use this company and I will definitely use them in the future. Thanks Sewell Direct!!"

"Delivery was made one day before promised. Item was exactly as I expected by the information on the website. Ordering was easy online. Product selection is great. The signal I get using this cable is first class. I will definitely buy from Sewell again. In fact while I was scanning their inventory, I found other equipment for a commercial application that I will be calling on. A solid 5 stars from me."

"My order shipped as promised, and the item was perfect. Even better than that was the customer service response I received when I asked them a question. They responded promptly and with a customer perspective. I would recommend them to anyone. Thank You Jacquelyn at Sewell Direct!

"The Garmin Nuvi wall chargers I ordered were delivered in a very short period of time. The quality was outstanding. I will continue to do business with Sewell Direct in the future."

"Most down scalers sell for hundreds of dollars but Sewell had a new one for $50, so I took a chance. It did exactly what I needed and I couldn't be happier. I ordered Wednesday morning and I received it Friday. Shipped from Utah to Indiana in two days! One of the reviewers below said it must be company employees leaving reviews if they're all 10/10, but with the experience I had I can definitely see why they're all 10s."

"This vendor has EXCELLENT customer service. All my pre and post-sales questions were answered quickly and professionally. Items shipped quickly. Great logistical management."

"Your prices were competitive, your selection was great, and best of all your customer service was quick to respond and very effective at resolving my issue. Will definitely refer to many friends and be sure to buy again."

Sewell Direct / Sewell Development Corp. is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Sewell Direct / Sewell Development Corp. is a merchant member
Sewell Direct / Sewell Development Corp. participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,848 merchant members.