Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I placed an order in July with them and now it is November and I am still short $400 in products. When you order online from them, you better hope and pray nothing goes wrong. And I mean nothing, otherwise it's all your loss. When you email them about your issue, you will be asked to call. Then when you call you should be prepared to lose hours of your life being on hold and transferred. And then just when you think they have finally resolved your problem, a month will go by. And you will still be out of hundreds of dollars of product and no refund. At the end of the day, somehow all of this will be made to feel like it's your fault and not Sephora's or the shipping companies. Sure they have great products, but the second anything big goes wrong with your order, prepared to be screwed."

modified review This review was modified by aseaaa on November 29 2014 02:18:14 PM

"I ordered an item and received an empty parcel. Was offered refund £36 GDP but paid £51 including postage. Disgracefully bad service."

modified review This review was modified by Smutz on November 24 2014 09:51:14 AM

"their customer service is so horrendous, i have no words. whether over phone or email. on the phone they always make me feel like its my fault their products have issues, that i'm wasting their time with my questions. over email, i get answers from a robot and never a human person! never shopping with their online store again!!!!!!!!!"

Sephora User

"TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!
Ordering a few products they do not carry instore I ordered online. The web browser refreshed several times and an old address was used. I called their customer service number immediately and they assured me this would be corrected. The shipping information was still incorrect, upon trying to enter the tracking number into boarder free the number did not exist (boarder frees customer service number is actually an Internet company). Finally calling sephora again they informed me that although I called three days before the order was shipped there could be no changes or cancellations - that I had been misinformed by their staff.

"I LOVE SEPHORA. Everything arrives very fast! You get free samples in every purchase. I can not ask for much more. I am a frequent buyer at the online site. In store they are very friendly too, just easier to buy online plus the free goodies. I can take my time and look online."

modified review This review was modified by Lexieloveee on May 29 2014 08:57:10 PM

"I've had good experience with ordering online from Sephora. They always have free deluxe samples so look out for those promo codes. You can also get other smaller samples and convert your points into more samples! So much samples to get from Sephora, although it will probably lead you to buy more products in the future. But it's better to buy something that you've already tried out."

"I am never ever shopping from sephora again. I patiently waited for my order an entire week to open a package that wasn't even mine! When I call customer service they tell me I have to wait for the entire process all over again. I also have to go out of my way to return a package that was not my mistake in the first place. I now decided to cancel my order and I am going to reorder the products from the original websites rather than giving my hard earned money to sephora."

"Waited a month for an order, only to be informed that it was being returned because SEPHORA put down the wrong address. i wanted a MONTH. I called them and all the chick had to say on the phone sorry there nothing we can do, once the package arrives, you'll get a refund. I don't want a refund I want my package, sorry theres nothing we can do have a nice day. you're a huge company I am pretty sure there's something you can do to assure a customer's happiness. a MONTH i am not kidding, I have shopped online for years, this is the first company to SCREW up an address."

"I will never shop at sephora again. I placed an order online for a significant amount and applied a promo to them. I confirmed the process, went through the steps, and at the final order it dropped my promo item. I called in to get it applied and all they had to offer is that their site must have cleared out and experienced an error at the last stage of the process and dropped it. And though they admitted to the error, they refused to fix it, saying I'd have to place a NEW order to apply the promo AGAIN, otherwise I'd have to go through a 3 week process of placing the returning my original order and replacing it just so they don't screw it up the second time around. I asked how my order that more than qualified and had applied the promo throughout every step, including adding, selecting the item of the promo, etc. Could not already be applied like it should have. I don't know how any respectful company can expect to demonstrate even a semblance of customer service for faulting and inconveniencing their customer due to their own faults, and their so-called solution only further inconveniences the customer. Their solution--beauty points to make up for the loss? I never plan to shop with them again and they want to give me points to redeem after showing their system can't even process a simple promo code? It's utterly ridiculous. I am returning my order and will never shop there again. Walmart has better service than their sad excuse of customer service "beauty advisors.""

"This is really a complaint against Cashstar, the company that Sephora uses to process their egift cards.

I tried to order a gift card for my sister who lives in another state, as she likes Sephora. I made the order a week in advance and everything seemed like it was going well, until the day before her birthday. I received an email saying that they were "unable to process" the card. Thinking that I still had time to try again before her big day, I placed another order in. The day afterwards (her birthday), I got a message saying they needed to verify my card. I called and went through the weirdest set of questions to verify by the world's most unenthusiastic rep. AND THEY STILL DID NOT PROCESS IT. Doesn't make sense how I've used the same card to order an actual gift card from them (see below) and have to go through this process. Guess Sephora really just doesn't want my money.

Another incident happened on the same sister's bday a few years ago when I ordered a physical gift card. The mail delivery man left it on the front stoop of her apartment, where it was stolen and never seen again. I called to try to get them (as well as the mail service that was used) to fix this problem, but was promptly blown off. Thanks for ruining my sister's special day twice, assholes.

modified review This review was modified by Randanga on November 10 2012 12:20:14 PM

"This is the best place to get deals on make up. They have everything. Best of all, they are generous with the samples. I love Sephora!"

"Ordered $314 of Sephora product for Mom's birthday (Feb 23rd). Mom did get the package--all it had were 3 samples!!! Called customer service--was told they will re-ship order and I will get it the next day. Then got an email later in the evening stating that once order is processed I will receive it in 3-4 days!!! Manager Melissa was of no help and had no explanation for the missing $314 worth of product or why my mom got to open a box with three tiny free samples instead of a birthday gift. Will never order from Sephora online again. Horrible customer service!"

"Just ordered online with Sephora for the first time.
Pricewise, probably consistent with anywhere else, but they do have specials & gift sets that are really good deals. The online buyer should beware though that the sizes of those products can be really tiny.

LIKES: Freebie samples with purchase, speedy delivery, products exactly as ordered & arrived in good condition and apparently there are a number of online exclusive products. If you are like me and want to try new things, it helps to shop online instead of instore at Sephora because you get to read the user reviews & come to your own conclusions (or get more undecided :D!).

DISLIKES: Filter features are not very good, so you have to spend quite a lot of time clicking into each product & going through all the info details. Product details are not consistently shown too (e.g. weight of product is found in random locations depending on product). Also they leave products that have been discontinued or out of stock on the website and do not display this fact BEFORE you click in to the product detail level.

Courtney R's Avatar
San Jose, CA

"I LOVE SEPHORA, and I love their shipping policy even more. First off, any purchase over $50 you automatically get free shipping. What I also love is that you get free samples in every purchase. You can pick out three, and the store usually has promocodes you can find from their home page to try some maxi samples. I have found my items are shipped out in a reasonable time (2 days) and reach my door within the week. I can't ask for much more. I am a frequent buyer at the online site. "

"LOVE SEPHORA! fast shipping and very good customer service. I've been ordering my makeup with them online for almost a year and there are many promotions and free samples to take advantage of. "

Sephora is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!