Stores > Sephora

Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

In a House
2016-10-31

You Pay for Quality

"I feel bad every time I shop here but the process is always flawless

Wife and Daughter like their makeup

I still do not understand how a small item is so expensive but makes my girls happy and it is easy to shop here..

They have great coupons

They give you amazing updates and best of all they deliver the stuff on time..

2015-12-26

"The worst customer service ever! I received a VISA gift card for Christmas and tried to use it on Sephora.com. When I tried to place my order, they charged my card but didn't place the order. When I called, I get a person with a very thick foreign accent who is hard to understand and I'm told that the card has to be registered before I can use it on their site! BUT THEY SURE TOOK MY MONEY ALREADY!! How can they take my money but have no intention of placing the order. I'm told now that I have to wait 7-10 business days to get my money back......for an order THAT WAS NEVER PLACED!!! I will NEVER do business with them again and I would suggest no one else does!!"

This review was modified by Lyndzb on December 26 2015 02:05:04 PM

2015-12-24

"Hello,
I've ordered cosmetics in total 230$ cost but I've got only a lot of samples in the box (around 40 samples) !
I've contacted Sephora support 6 times already by mail and by phone about getting wrong package instead of my order and asking for refund.
By Mail they only answering that I need to call support.
By Phone - they said that I have to wait 8 days and they will decide if they can process refund. However its already 20th day but there is no any refund.
When I tried to contact support again, they just answered me that I need to call and start the process again...

ORDER DATE: November 4, 2015
Order Number: 4017688722
TRACKING #: C11504810311501
Amount: 229.46 USD

Photo of package: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48881307/2015-11-16%2018.35.30.jpg

2015-12-21

"The worst on-line shopping ever! Don't waste your time! Don't waste your money! You don't get your package! When you send them E-mail they will not answer! When you call - "bla bla bla" and nothing's happened.I made my order on Dec 13. On Dec 15 I received the email that my order has shipped. I check the tracking and estimated delivery date was Dec 17. So, see the last three positions (Destination-Pasadena, CA): DEC 17, 07:02 AM Out for Delivery
Commerce, CA. DEC 16, 03:42 PM DELIVERED
Pasadena, CA. DEC 16, 08:47 AM Out for Delivery Commerce, CA. What is this??? And, the new estimated delivery date is: "Delivery date information will be available once your package has been shipped." I sent the email and nothing... I called and made the refund and ask to send me email with confirmation of refund. The representative said that it takes ten minutes. He probably meant ten years... I definitely will claim my payment after 15 days of estimated delivery date because now I don't believe that Sephora return my money, especially after I read all reviews. And of course I keep my tracking information. The Worst online shopping ever! Sephora, Never see you again online and in store!

This review was modified by Val1221 on December 21 2015 11:19:27 PM

2015-12-14

"I don't what it's like to place a phone order with Sephora, but their online order mechanism is seriously flawed. My experience involved placing an order that was to be drop-shipped to my granddaughter. I filled out all the screens that were presented in the order they were presented, and I coulld tell that the sequence was flawed compared to other online retailers. A day after the order was placed I got an email that said the order was canceled. When I got a hold of customer service they said the problem was the bank wouldn't honor the "draft". After a couple of more calls, a 3-way call was arranged with myself, Sephora and my bank. During this conversation the banker assured them that they could see the draft and that they would pay it immediately upon demand. Sephora wouldn't accept that statement. My position was either ship the merchandise or cancel the draft. It's been 5 days now, and the draft is still sitting in a "pending" status at my bank. I initiated a fraud claim to get this charge out of its pending status. What a waste of time.

A word or two about their customer service reps - one hung up on me, another promised to call back at a certain time, didn't and when I called asking for her by name, no one had ever heard of her. These incidents were documented via email and nothing but a bland form letter in response.

NEVER AGAIN!

2015-12-09

"I have always loved the products at Sephora and decided to try online purchasing. What a mistake!! Take my advice and don't do it!!
When the online process did not work, I called to place my order over the phone. After a really long and painful process I finally got the order placed. When I woke up the next day and checked my checking account I discovered that they had run my order through twice and also there was an unexplained addtional mystery charge...so a total of $150 in erroneous charges. When I called I was informed it would take 1-7 business days to get my money back and that it was really a problem between me and my bank! Not only that, they could never explain why there was a random charge on my account in the first place. I had them delete all information pertaining to me from their records. Do yourself a favor- if you really need one of their products, go to the store and buy it!!

2015-07-24

"I made a purchase for a gift set and a few samples. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews here, but I guess I may be lucky. I live closer to the shipping return address so my items came within one week of my purchase and was well packaged. I used their free shipping service, which is to take about a week for delivery after shipment. Everything was correct in my order and I was very satisfied that it was a smooth experience."

2015-02-07

"I purchased items for my gf for valentines day online through sephora. It took about week to ship, but it was free (even though they advertised 2-3 day shipping, it took about 4 days to process my order). Anyways, I purchased the gift wrap option for an extra $4 which included a nicely magnetized box and a small note which my gf would like. When the package finally came I received no gift box at all and the note was printed in small letters on the package receipt. After emailing sephora they said they were sorry and gave me $4 store credit. I asked them if they could send me the gift wrap separately and they said no, only if i bought another product online. So now I need to go and buy wrapping myself and I have $4 of sephora credit I will never use because I am never purchasing anything from here again."

2015-01-12

"I placed an order on Sephora.com and though the ridiculousness of this situation is not the fault of just one party, the actions of Sephora AND their package carrier, OnTrac culminated in this angry customer you see here. Sephora shipped my order through OnTrac who attempted to deliver to my house during normal business hours. There was no door tag and the only reason I knew they attempted delivery was to track it online.
Knowing that I will not be home on the follow business day attempts, I called OnTrac, was placed on hold for over an hour, only to be told that Sephora set up their account so that they can't release information to anyone other than a Sephora rep. So I'd have to call Sephora and ask them to call OnTrac to tell them to hold my package.
Long story short, I called Sephora, was placed on hold, their system was down so the "Beauty Advisor" told me to call back later. I emailed customer service with this frustration, they said sorry and told me to call them again. I did, was placed on hold, half an hour later I told the rep that I can't sit here on the phone all day. She said she'd call me back. 3 hours later, no call back. I emailed Sephora again, since this seems to be the only way I get a timely response, they apologized and said they filled out a form with OnTrac to request my package be held for me to pick up. They didn't give me an address on where to pick up but gave me a phone number and advised me to call to verify. I called OnTrac, was on hold again, when they answered they finally said "Sorry, there's no form nor request to hold for pick up. Your package went out for delivery today."
I had called Sephora multiple times, called OnTrac multiple times, and emailed Sephora multiple times. In the end, my order was returned to the sender and I wasted 3 days trying to track this shipment.

This review was modified by Aznlady871 on January 12 2015 02:36:44 PM

2014-11-29

"I placed an order in July with them and now it is November and I am still short $400 in products. When you order online from them, you better hope and pray nothing goes wrong. And I mean nothing, otherwise it's all your loss. When you email them about your issue, you will be asked to call. Then when you call you should be prepared to lose hours of your life being on hold and transferred. And then just when you think they have finally resolved your problem, a month will go by. And you will still be out of hundreds of dollars of product and no refund. At the end of the day, somehow all of this will be made to feel like it's your fault and not Sephora's or the shipping companies. Sure they have great products, but the second anything big goes wrong with your order, prepared to be screwed."

This review was modified by aseaaa on November 29 2014 02:18:14 PM

2014-11-24

"I ordered an item and received an empty parcel. Was offered refund £36 GDP but paid £51 including postage. Disgracefully bad service."

This review was modified by Smutz on November 24 2014 09:51:14 AM

2014-10-07

"their customer service is so horrendous, i have no words. whether over phone or email. on the phone they always make me feel like its my fault their products have issues, that i'm wasting their time with my questions. over email, i get answers from a robot and never a human person! never shopping with their online store again!!!!!!!!!"

2014-09-01

"TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!
Ordering a few products they do not carry instore I ordered online. The web browser refreshed several times and an old address was used. I called their customer service number immediately and they assured me this would be corrected. The shipping information was still incorrect, upon trying to enter the tracking number into boarder free the number did not exist (boarder frees customer service number is actually an Internet company). Finally calling sephora again they informed me that although I called three days before the order was shipped there could be no changes or cancellations - that I had been misinformed by their staff.

2014-05-29

"I LOVE SEPHORA. Everything arrives very fast! You get free samples in every purchase. I can not ask for much more. I am a frequent buyer at the online site. In store they are very friendly too, just easier to buy online plus the free goodies. I can take my time and look online."

This review was modified by Lexieloveee on May 29 2014 08:57:10 PM

2013-07-10

"I've had good experience with ordering online from Sephora. They always have free deluxe samples so look out for those promo codes. You can also get other smaller samples and convert your points into more samples! So much samples to get from Sephora, although it will probably lead you to buy more products in the future. But it's better to buy something that you've already tried out."

Share Sephora's store rating

Sephora is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!