• Sephora

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"I made a purchase for a gift set and a few samples. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews here, but I guess I may be lucky. I live closer to the shipping return address so my items came within one week of my purchase and was well packaged. I used their free shipping service, which is to take about a week for delivery after shipment. Everything was correct in my order and I was very satisfied that it was a smooth experience."

"I purchased items for my gf for valentines day online through sephora. It took about week to ship, but it was free (even though they advertised 2-3 day shipping, it took about 4 days to process my order). Anyways, I purchased the gift wrap option for an extra $4 which included a nicely magnetized box and a small note which my gf would like. When the package finally came I received no gift box at all and the note was printed in small letters on the package receipt. After emailing sephora they said they were sorry and gave me $4 store credit. I asked them if they could send me the gift wrap separately and they said no, only if i bought another product online. So now I need to go and buy wrapping myself and I have $4 of sephora credit I will never use because I am never purchasing anything from here again."

"I placed an order on Sephora.com and though the ridiculousness of this situation is not the fault of just one party, the actions of Sephora AND their package carrier, OnTrac culminated in this angry customer you see here. Sephora shipped my order through OnTrac who attempted to deliver to my house during normal business hours. There was no door tag and the only reason I knew they attempted delivery was to track it online.
Knowing that I will not be home on the follow business day attempts, I called OnTrac, was placed on hold for over an hour, only to be told that Sephora set up their account so that they can't release information to anyone other than a Sephora rep. So I'd have to call Sephora and ask them to call OnTrac to tell them to hold my package.
Long story short, I called Sephora, was placed on hold, their system was down so the "Beauty Advisor" told me to call back later. I emailed customer service with this frustration, they said sorry and told me to call them again. I did, was placed on hold, half an hour later I told the rep that I can't sit here on the phone all day. She said she'd call me back. 3 hours later, no call back. I emailed Sephora again, since this seems to be the only way I get a timely response, they apologized and said they filled out a form with OnTrac to request my package be held for me to pick up. They didn't give me an address on where to pick up but gave me a phone number and advised me to call to verify. I called OnTrac, was on hold again, when they answered they finally said "Sorry, there's no form nor request to hold for pick up. Your package went out for delivery today."
I had called Sephora multiple times, called OnTrac multiple times, and emailed Sephora multiple times. In the end, my order was returned to the sender and I wasted 3 days trying to track this shipment.

This review was modified by Aznlady871 on January 12 2015 02:36:44 PM

"I placed an order in July with them and now it is November and I am still short $400 in products. When you order online from them, you better hope and pray nothing goes wrong. And I mean nothing, otherwise it's all your loss. When you email them about your issue, you will be asked to call. Then when you call you should be prepared to lose hours of your life being on hold and transferred. And then just when you think they have finally resolved your problem, a month will go by. And you will still be out of hundreds of dollars of product and no refund. At the end of the day, somehow all of this will be made to feel like it's your fault and not Sephora's or the shipping companies. Sure they have great products, but the second anything big goes wrong with your order, prepared to be screwed."

This review was modified by aseaaa on November 29 2014 02:18:14 PM

"I ordered an item and received an empty parcel. Was offered refund £36 GDP but paid £51 including postage. Disgracefully bad service."

This review was modified by Smutz on November 24 2014 09:51:14 AM

"their customer service is so horrendous, i have no words. whether over phone or email. on the phone they always make me feel like its my fault their products have issues, that i'm wasting their time with my questions. over email, i get answers from a robot and never a human person! never shopping with their online store again!!!!!!!!!"

"TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!
Ordering a few products they do not carry instore I ordered online. The web browser refreshed several times and an old address was used. I called their customer service number immediately and they assured me this would be corrected. The shipping information was still incorrect, upon trying to enter the tracking number into boarder free the number did not exist (boarder frees customer service number is actually an Internet company). Finally calling sephora again they informed me that although I called three days before the order was shipped there could be no changes or cancellations - that I had been misinformed by their staff.

"I LOVE SEPHORA. Everything arrives very fast! You get free samples in every purchase. I can not ask for much more. I am a frequent buyer at the online site. In store they are very friendly too, just easier to buy online plus the free goodies. I can take my time and look online."

This review was modified by Lexieloveee on May 29 2014 08:57:10 PM

"I've had good experience with ordering online from Sephora. They always have free deluxe samples so look out for those promo codes. You can also get other smaller samples and convert your points into more samples! So much samples to get from Sephora, although it will probably lead you to buy more products in the future. But it's better to buy something that you've already tried out."

"I am never ever shopping from sephora again. I patiently waited for my order an entire week to open a package that wasn't even mine! When I call customer service they tell me I have to wait for the entire process all over again. I also have to go out of my way to return a package that was not my mistake in the first place. I now decided to cancel my order and I am going to reorder the products from the original websites rather than giving my hard earned money to sephora."

"Waited a month for an order, only to be informed that it was being returned because SEPHORA put down the wrong address. i wanted a MONTH. I called them and all the chick had to say on the phone sorry there nothing we can do, once the package arrives, you'll get a refund. I don't want a refund I want my package, sorry theres nothing we can do have a nice day. you're a huge company I am pretty sure there's something you can do to assure a customer's happiness. a MONTH i am not kidding, I have shopped online for years, this is the first company to SCREW up an address."

"I will never shop at sephora again. I placed an order online for a significant amount and applied a promo to them. I confirmed the process, went through the steps, and at the final order it dropped my promo item. I called in to get it applied and all they had to offer is that their site must have cleared out and experienced an error at the last stage of the process and dropped it. And though they admitted to the error, they refused to fix it, saying I'd have to place a NEW order to apply the promo AGAIN, otherwise I'd have to go through a 3 week process of placing the returning my original order and replacing it just so they don't screw it up the second time around. I asked how my order that more than qualified and had applied the promo throughout every step, including adding, selecting the item of the promo, etc. Could not already be applied like it should have. I don't know how any respectful company can expect to demonstrate even a semblance of customer service for faulting and inconveniencing their customer due to their own faults, and their so-called solution only further inconveniences the customer. Their solution--beauty points to make up for the loss? I never plan to shop with them again and they want to give me points to redeem after showing their system can't even process a simple promo code? It's utterly ridiculous. I am returning my order and will never shop there again. Walmart has better service than their sad excuse of customer service "beauty advisors.""

"This is really a complaint against Cashstar, the company that Sephora uses to process their egift cards.

I tried to order a gift card for my sister who lives in another state, as she likes Sephora. I made the order a week in advance and everything seemed like it was going well, until the day before her birthday. I received an email saying that they were "unable to process" the card. Thinking that I still had time to try again before her big day, I placed another order in. The day afterwards (her birthday), I got a message saying they needed to verify my card. I called and went through the weirdest set of questions to verify by the world's most unenthusiastic rep. AND THEY STILL DID NOT PROCESS IT. Doesn't make sense how I've used the same card to order an actual gift card from them (see below) and have to go through this process. Guess Sephora really just doesn't want my money.

Another incident happened on the same sister's bday a few years ago when I ordered a physical gift card. The mail delivery man left it on the front stoop of her apartment, where it was stolen and never seen again. I called to try to get them (as well as the mail service that was used) to fix this problem, but was promptly blown off. Thanks for ruining my sister's special day twice, assholes.

This review was modified by Randanga on November 10 2012 12:20:14 PM

"This is the best place to get deals on make up. They have everything. Best of all, they are generous with the samples. I love Sephora!"

"Ordered $314 of Sephora product for Mom's birthday (Feb 23rd). Mom did get the package--all it had were 3 samples!!! Called customer service--was told they will re-ship order and I will get it the next day. Then got an email later in the evening stating that once order is processed I will receive it in 3-4 days!!! Manager Melissa was of no help and had no explanation for the missing $314 worth of product or why my mom got to open a box with three tiny free samples instead of a birthday gift. Will never order from Sephora online again. Horrible customer service!"

Share Sephora's store rating

Sephora is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!