Stores > Securranty, LLC

• Address: 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd, B224
    • Contact: claims@securranty.com
    • Phone: 877-592-7726
    • Customer Support: 877-592-7726
    • Business Hours: 24 Hours customer service by phone, Claims Department M - F 9am - 6pm CST
    • Fax: 608-234-4749

2016-12-07

Total Ripoff!!

"I don't even have the energy to write a full, detailed review on how this company is a ripoff. Just please don't waste your money or time on this company. Bottom line is that they cancelled my policy without a proper explanation just because I put in 2 small claims even though you are allowed up to 4 claims. The ordeal that followed was unreal and involved a lot of fake numbers and calls that were never returned to me. Just stay away!!"

This review was modified by gasman11 on December 07 2016 11:23:20 AM

2016-01-11

"Total SCAM !!!
I contacted the company and asked lots of questions before deciding to purchase this coverage. It sure sounded a lot better the what Sprint was offering and Securranty coverage also included theft.
I purchased coverage for 3 iPhones from Securranty for a total of $262.54. About 6 months later my daughter had her phone stolen out of a car while she was on vacation in Los Angeles. This is where the nightmare begins. As a retired police officer I told my daughter to report the theft to LAPD and she did. Naturally LAPD is not going to respond for a stolen cell phone, but they did take all the info and gave her a report number. I contacted Securranty and reported the loss. They kept demanding a police investigation report be submitted to them which there was no "Investigation". I finally called some old contacts in the LAPD and received a copy of their notification that the phone was stolen. I finally got Securranty to accept this after speaking with one of the top people. I paid the $150 deductible and they sent me a new phone to my address, which I had to send to my daughter in AZ. My daughter gets the phone and calls me the next day and says the camera doesn't work, all the pictures are fuzzy and out of focus. I contact Securranty and they tell me to send it back to them, which I did. Two weeks later we get the iPhone back. The repairman told me Apple failed to remove the plastic wrap from the camera lens that the camera's are covered in when shipped to Apple for installation. A week later my daughter is complaining that the speaker phone function is not working on her new phone. So I have to contact the repair facility again. They tell me I have to get Securranty to authorize shipping the phone back to them to have the phone looked at. I contact Securranty again and get the run around. I tell me daughter, screw this, take the phone to the Apple store and I will pay to get it fixed. She does that and while at the Apple store, she calls me and says; "The store manager wants to talk to you about where you got this iPhone" I speak to the manager and he tells me; the iPhone is not from Apple, it's a cheap Chinese knockoff !!! He also wants to know where I got it from. I told him I received it from Securranty and he laughs saying I got ripped off. I call Securranty and tell them what the Apple store said about the counterfeit iPhone and they denied all knowledge of it and said the store manager doesn't know what he's talking about. I called the repair facility which I received the phone from in the 1st place and he says he can't talk to me I have to contact Securranty. I called Securranty back and they refused to discuss the issue with me.
I told my daughter to take the phone back to a different Apple store and see if they could fix the speaker phone. She did, and once again Apple said it was a counterfeit iPhone and they technically have to confiscate it because it's counterfeit with the Apple iPhone logo on it.
Needless to say, I ended up going back to Sprint and paying for a new "REAL" iPhone for my daughter. What a nightmare !!!

This review was modified by Yattah on January 11 2016 04:47:35 PM

2015-09-21

"This company is a scam - they will not pay out and will claim your policy was cancelled if you ever try to use it. Will claim a third party ran whatever part of the business that you need it for and then not honor your claim.
9/18/2015
S/W Brian at Securranty - sd will research why my 5 year policy says expired after 3 years and get back to me by end of day
9/21/2015 - never got back to me (no messages on my Voicemail) - opened ticket online and left another message. Support Ticket:
Ticket Details
Ticket Title: Coverage
Message: Please get my policy to an active policy status. I have all the documentation that I paid and received a valid policy with your firm for my Mitsubishi HDTV. Why would you show a 5 year (1 year warranty plus 4 year post Manufacturer warranty) expired at 3 years? It makes no sense and I was never notified of any problems (I have every email you ever sent me and they all prove coverage with no problems). Please correct your system.
Added date: 09/21/2015
9/21/2015 - man from securranty states they no longer sell TV policies - that part of their business (he claims was run as a third party reseller) is closed. When I said that they still show on their securranty web-site that I can create a new policy for a TV he said they are working on fixing that. He said they are sending me a refund by check (as I do not use paypal).

This review was modified by bnaur on September 21 2015 03:28:41 PM

2015-06-16

"Will not buy a warranty from this company again. They wanted me to put my phone into a box and send it to a company called New Leaf. Well they sent me no contact info in the box they sent me, and when I checked through The Better Business Bureau, they did not have good reviews. I will not risk not getting my phone back. I can deal with my broken screen for a couple of months till I can upgrade. From now on I will carry insurance through my phone supplier. may pay more but trust them to make things right."

This review was modified by npeifer on June 16 2015 10:10:28 AM

2015-05-13

"I filed my claim 10 days ago already, but it's still no result! Nobody call or email me. I was trying to call them, but I always get to voicemail. The worst service ever!"

2015-05-08

"The process for purchasing device insurance is simple and the insurance is affordable. Having purchased a number of Securranty policies over the years, My only confusion is why warranty terms differ depending on when you purchase. I have had similar products ranging from $0 deductible to $49 deductible. "

2015-05-08

"Services rendered in timely manner. Very satisfied with results. "

2015-04-27

"Purchased warranties early March, 2014 for 2 new cell phones. Just discovered that we received no renewal billing, invoice, etc. Contacted the merchant and was told we had 30 days after original expiration to renew, and we are just beyond that. Renewal refused. They expect their customers to remember the expiration date? I think it's obvious they do not want exposure to any phone more than one year old. For that reason I would recommend you NOT deal with this company!"

2015-04-07

"Price, coverage and deductible it is above the competition, so so in my opinion is one of the best. "

2015-04-06

"Kept getting error messages while trying to complete purchase of insurance. Had to try three times to get past error. Then got three emails confirming three order #'s. Now I have to try and contact them and make sure I'm only charged once. Having trouble getting someone to answer the phone or call me back. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly."

2015-03-18

"re: the sale of the policy, the site worked perfectly."

2015-03-13

"Representative helpful and timely."

2015-03-10

"would not take discount coupon , very hard to get live person on phone ."

2015-02-28

"I wanted to insure an import or "grey market" camera. The information available when purchasing insurance didn't say that such items are not covered. I therefore purchased insurance and afterwards asked whether the grey market item was covered using the online form. I got a very prompt response saying that the Securranty policy does not cover gray market items and I need to cancel the policy. I did so and, because I was within the initial 30-day period, I was given a full refund.
Overall, I have mixed experience with this company. They responded to my question promptly and refunded the policy premium. However, I still wasted time to sign up for a policy, which proved to be useless for my situation. I suggest they put in bold letters that they do not cover grey market items.

2015-02-25

"simple and quick doing it on line."

Share Securranty, LLC's store rating

Securranty, LLC is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Securranty, LLC is not a merchant member
Securranty, LLC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!