• SecondSpin

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"I've sold DVDs and CDs to this website at least 6-7 times over several years. My items are always in near mint condition and out off all these orders I have only received minimal issues from their inspectors. One time they deducted 50 cents for a broken case, which I assumed may have been damaged in shipping. Other than that I can't recall a single issue I've had with them: if you read the terms and conditions you won't misunderstand what you'll get back from them. Their media reimbursement never covers the full cost of shipping, but their prices are the best. I've sold several $100's of my collection to them and have no complaints."

modified review This review was modified by pen1cils on May 14 2015 06:08:23 PM

"I have purchased multiple shipments from SecondSpin. While I have had some issues with a few orders, overall I am very pleased. I have contacted their customer service and have been responded to quickly. All the issues I have had either with damaged goods, missing pieces or items lost by usps have been refunded or replaced. Although I do feel the orders are hit or miss more then I would like the speed and quality of their customer service keeps me coming back knowing if I have an issue they are but an email away."

"On my last order, one of the cds came very scratched and the insert and backcover in very bad state. The customer service gave me store credit on the item price, but i need to pay the international shipping fee if i want to use it, since they uncompromisingly refuse to give me a free shipping coupon, so i can choose another item."

modified review This review was modified by pgo82 on December 04 2014 08:37:22 AM

"i sold 3 cds to second spin. The letter of acceptance listed the buy price. When they received them they lowered the price drastically from 3.50 to 50 cents.
on one cd . They charged me 35 cents to resurface a cd. Then they said the UPC numbers did not match from 2 of 3 cds. I typed in the UPCs from the cd when using the sell search feature. A set price came up
They give you a misleading statement that they will cover media mail on the acceptance email. There is no hint on that email that you need x amount of items to be sold in order to receive media mail reimbursement.They bury their shipping policy elsewhere. although they do mention that you should go review this shipping policy

They are not transparent about certain things. Donate to your local library instead.

modified review This review was modified by rCommack on November 25 2014 10:41:05 AM

"You really roll the dice when you order from this company. I have had a couple orders that were fine, but this latest one really highlights what garbage their customer service is. I don't think they even read the emails to find out what's wrong. What happened:

Ordered two CDs: one single and one 2-disc set. The single CD arrived as ordered, but only received the first disc of the 2-disc set. Sent customer service an email.

Returned the problem disc, thinking Second Spin would send me the complete 2-disc set. Instead, this time I received only the 2nd disc of the set. Emailed customer service again explaining that it appeared that they don't have two copies of the 2 disc set (as was listed on their site), but they have ONE copy of the two disc set, and that they have split the set and are shipping it out one disc at a time. Asked them to ship the first disc back to complete the set.

Received a reply saying they issued me a credit, and received an apology stating that they could not replace the cd, BUT the cd they said they couldn't replace was the single disc (which was fine), not the 2-disc set I have been emailing them about. They also told me I could discard the problem cd if I didn't want it. Sent them another email today explaining (again) which cd I am having trouble with and asked if they have THAT one available?. At this point I think the best I will get is a refund, but I may not even get that.

I don't plan on ordering from them again, so I hope they give me a refund rather than a credit, but I'm thinking that won't happen. My frustration level is through the roof at this point. My advice would be to just order from Amazon if you want CDs. I just wish I had known how flawed Second Spin's site listings were. It's been close to a month since my original order and the issue still isn't resolved.

modified review This review was modified by EscapA on October 15 2014 06:12:08 PM

"The first order I placed with Second Spin was a disaster as they sent me the wrong CD, not even close to what I ordered. They sent me a prepaid label to return it and credited my account, even though I had asked for a refund. Against my better judgement I decided to just use my credit and order some used CDs that I had been wanting. Out of the 4 I ordered, one was scratched so badly that it was unplayable and would not rip without errors. Two others has scratches that did not seem to affect playback. I know that buying used CDs is a gamble but they really should check the condition of what they are selling a little more closely. I will not be buying from them again, it is just not worth the frustration when I can get used stuff off ebay or amazon with descriptions that tell me the condition of the item I am getting."

"I have nothing to say but good about them.

I registered for the site, liked their promotion and only $3.99 shipping for as many CDS as I wanted, and ended up buying 8.

I received my order only 5 days after I placed the order. And also it was placed before the weekend too.

All in all, they came in "Very good" condition. Everything was included, and the only complaint, I guess, would be one CD that New comes with a cardboard slip case OVER the jewel case, was missing.

Also, the price for one hard to find digipack was excellent.

Since this site did not list specific damages or possibly missing pieces or "condition" ratings, I was a little nervous.

Would buy again!

modified review This review was modified by ny2oz on May 13 2014 10:41:03 AM

"The first time ordering was fair at most (Disc showed some scratches for a $9 CD!!), the second time around I had purchased another music CD and thought I was going to receive what I ordered, instead I got the WRONG album and it was even MISSING the rear inlay. The CD was re-sealed and was a very common one I could EASILY find brand new and cheaper elsewhere, I felt they unloaded their overstock on me and pretended to not know any better. I contacted them with a civilized message and got a reply within 2 days, in the end they gave me a "refund", which actually was Store Credit (I paid with Debit) and offered the very tedious return policy but they at least showed some attempt to rectify it. Still, I don't know if I ever want shop there again, it's a hit and miss with this company."

"Rippoff. Buyer beware. They are re-selling Blockbuster trash as "like new". Don't waste your time. Run away while you can!"

modified review This review was modified by airwiz on April 28 2013 11:04:41 PM

"I sent in 8 DS games to Second Spin to be sold. Somehow, while I put 8 games in the box, “magically” they only received 5 games! They accused me of not sending in the other 3 games. Are you kidding me?? Why would I fight with them over 3 games that were worth a total of $7.75?? Because they are THIEVES! Or they have thieves working for them and it is the principle of the act to me. My daughter is so upset – She had paid for some of those games herself and was going to save up for a new 3DS. This company STOLE from a 10 year old girl! How sick!!!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY – they are dishonest and their customer service is awful – like the other reviewers said, they do not care about their customers! No matter what I said, they refused to listen to the truth. They were so ignorant about what is going on in their business I am not surprised at the number of people who complained online about them. Shame on me, I never checked the reviews...

I will be filing a complaint against this company with the Better Business Bureau and anyone else I can get to listen. Their thievery will cost them more in bad “word of mouth” than the $7.75 they just stole from me! Looking forward to Second Spin going out of business!

"I had the same experience as others where the price was lowered after the DVDs were received. Except I was told that they would not reimburse even the Media Mail shipping for some mysterious, and not given, reason. I had mailed them 13 DVDs. It is too soon to tell how they will respond when queried."

"I recently bought 10 DVDs for 55$, very large choice and fast international shipping! Little problem : 2 of my DVDs were replaced by 2 DVDs I didn't order and one of the other DVDs I ordered contain the wrong CD inside. So for 10 DVDs, 3 mistakes! As we know it, I paid 13$ to send them back their mistaken DVDs... I just hope they really are gonna send the good DVDs..!!! I actually paid 68$ for 34$ received merchandise..."

indiana

"i placed an order for "bolt" the movie and it came fast and works just fine. I feel i got a fair deal. Kids are happy and so is dad without spending $25"

"Second Spin is the single worst Online Retailer on the Internet. They will NOT answer any of your messages and do not have aphone number to contact them. They charged me $50.00 for DVDs but never sent an Order Confirmation and Never shipped them AVOID SECOND SPIN! 100% RIPOFF!"

"Secondspin never paid me for my cd's. I packed, shipped and "sold" them my cd's. I got an email from Secondspin saying they were received and that they would send me a check for the cd's they accepted. I NEVER received the check. Despite many emails to their customer service dept. (they have no phone number), I got no response and no payment. Basically, they stole from me..."

Share SecondSpin's store rating

SecondSpin is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SecondSpin is not a merchant member
SecondSpin does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!