Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"You really roll the dice when you order from this company. I have had a couple orders that were fine, but this latest one really highlights what garbage their customer service is. I don't think they even read the emails to find out what's wrong. What happened:

Ordered two CDs: one single and one 2-disc set. The single CD arrived as ordered, but only received the first disc of the 2-disc set. Sent customer service an email.

Returned the problem disc, thinking Second Spin would send me the complete 2-disc set. Instead, this time I received only the 2nd disc of the set. Emailed customer service again explaining that it appeared that they don't have two copies of the 2 disc set (as was listed on their site), but they have ONE copy of the two disc set, and that they have split the set and are shipping it out one disc at a time. Asked them to ship the first disc back to complete the set.

Received a reply saying they issued me a credit, and received an apology stating that they could not replace the cd, BUT the cd they said they couldn't replace was the single disc (which was fine), not the 2-disc set I have been emailing them about. They also told me I could discard the problem cd if I didn't want it. Sent them another email today explaining (again) which cd I am having trouble with and asked if they have THAT one available?. At this point I think the best I will get is a refund, but I may not even get that.

I don't plan on ordering from them again, so I hope they give me a refund rather than a credit, but I'm thinking that won't happen. My frustration level is through the roof at this point. My advice would be to just order from Amazon if you want CDs. I just wish I had known how flawed Second Spin's site listings were. It's been close to a month since my original order and the issue still isn't resolved.

modified review This review was modified by EscapA on October 15 2014 06:12:08 PM

"The first order I placed with Second Spin was a disaster as they sent me the wrong CD, not even close to what I ordered. They sent me a prepaid label to return it and credited my account, even though I had asked for a refund. Against my better judgement I decided to just use my credit and order some used CDs that I had been wanting. Out of the 4 I ordered, one was scratched so badly that it was unplayable and would not rip without errors. Two others has scratches that did not seem to affect playback. I know that buying used CDs is a gamble but they really should check the condition of what they are selling a little more closely. I will not be buying from them again, it is just not worth the frustration when I can get used stuff off ebay or amazon with descriptions that tell me the condition of the item I am getting."

"I have nothing to say but good about them.

I registered for the site, liked their promotion and only $3.99 shipping for as many CDS as I wanted, and ended up buying 8.

I received my order only 5 days after I placed the order. And also it was placed before the weekend too.

All in all, they came in "Very good" condition. Everything was included, and the only complaint, I guess, would be one CD that New comes with a cardboard slip case OVER the jewel case, was missing.

Also, the price for one hard to find digipack was excellent.

Since this site did not list specific damages or possibly missing pieces or "condition" ratings, I was a little nervous.

Would buy again!

modified review This review was modified by ny2oz on May 13 2014 10:41:03 AM

"The first time ordering was fair at most (Disc showed some scratches for a $9 CD!!), the second time around I had purchased another music CD and thought I was going to receive what I ordered, instead I got the WRONG album and it was even MISSING the rear inlay. The CD was re-sealed and was a very common one I could EASILY find brand new and cheaper elsewhere, I felt they unloaded their overstock on me and pretended to not know any better. I contacted them with a civilized message and got a reply within 2 days, in the end they gave me a "refund", which actually was Store Credit (I paid with Debit) and offered the very tedious return policy but they at least showed some attempt to rectify it. Still, I don't know if I ever want shop there again, it's a hit and miss with this company."

"Rippoff. Buyer beware. They are re-selling Blockbuster trash as "like new". Don't waste your time. Run away while you can!"

modified review This review was modified by airwiz on April 28 2013 11:04:41 PM

"I sent in 8 DS games to Second Spin to be sold. Somehow, while I put 8 games in the box, “magically” they only received 5 games! They accused me of not sending in the other 3 games. Are you kidding me?? Why would I fight with them over 3 games that were worth a total of $7.75?? Because they are THIEVES! Or they have thieves working for them and it is the principle of the act to me. My daughter is so upset – She had paid for some of those games herself and was going to save up for a new 3DS. This company STOLE from a 10 year old girl! How sick!!!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY – they are dishonest and their customer service is awful – like the other reviewers said, they do not care about their customers! No matter what I said, they refused to listen to the truth. They were so ignorant about what is going on in their business I am not surprised at the number of people who complained online about them. Shame on me, I never checked the reviews...

I will be filing a complaint against this company with the Better Business Bureau and anyone else I can get to listen. Their thievery will cost them more in bad “word of mouth” than the $7.75 they just stole from me! Looking forward to Second Spin going out of business!

"I had the same experience as others where the price was lowered after the DVDs were received. Except I was told that they would not reimburse even the Media Mail shipping for some mysterious, and not given, reason. I had mailed them 13 DVDs. It is too soon to tell how they will respond when queried."

"I recently bought 10 DVDs for 55$, very large choice and fast international shipping! Little problem : 2 of my DVDs were replaced by 2 DVDs I didn't order and one of the other DVDs I ordered contain the wrong CD inside. So for 10 DVDs, 3 mistakes! As we know it, I paid 13$ to send them back their mistaken DVDs... I just hope they really are gonna send the good DVDs..!!! I actually paid 68$ for 34$ received merchandise..."

indiana

"i placed an order for "bolt" the movie and it came fast and works just fine. I feel i got a fair deal. Kids are happy and so is dad without spending $25"

"Second Spin is the single worst Online Retailer on the Internet. They will NOT answer any of your messages and do not have aphone number to contact them. They charged me $50.00 for DVDs but never sent an Order Confirmation and Never shipped them AVOID SECOND SPIN! 100% RIPOFF!"

"Secondspin never paid me for my cd's. I packed, shipped and "sold" them my cd's. I got an email from Secondspin saying they were received and that they would send me a check for the cd's they accepted. I NEVER received the check. Despite many emails to their customer service dept. (they have no phone number), I got no response and no payment. Basically, they stole from me..."

"I have for two days tried to order cds off of secondspin. i have tried to finalize the order over a dozen times, but it keeps telling me to verify information of my card. i have looked it over with a fine tooth comb, called my credit card company twice, emailed secondspin once... no response.... its been three days now. I went as far as going to wherehouse.com their cousin to order and it says the same thing. i have tried to credit cards... "0.00" balance on them... and one debit card with more than the 35.00 dollars in the account that i need for my purchase, and nothing seems to work. it sucks they dont have a phone number, and email, is snail mail with these guys.... hopefully they can get there act together, until then i guess i am going back to amazon."

modified review This review was modified by incmob on April 20 2011 01:11:22 PM

"I bought a CD and sold a bunch of CDs and DVDs and was very pleased with both experiences. The CD I bought arrived in only 4 days and was in good condition.

The CDs and DVDs that I sold were all accepted at the great prices I was promised when I placed the order. They took about a week to process my shipment after receiving it. They sent the check quickly though. Note that they reimburse for the cost of media mail shipping if you ship at least 5 CDs or DVDs.

Be sure to look for coupons before placing your order. They had a coupon for 25% off and free shipping for purchases and a coupon for 20% added to the value of CDs that were sold.

"Do NOT sell your used CDs to SecondSpin.com. I mailed them 16 CDs with the expectation of being reimbursed $52 and, after about 3 weeks, they sent me this lame e-mail with the suspicious explanation that they only received 6 CDs because the package was damaged. To add insult to injury, they further suggested that I take up a claim with the shipper. As you can imagine, I did not take out delivery insurance. When I tried to call to speak to someone, I found on the website the following message: "At this time we are not offering phone service." Shame on me; I should have double-checked and made sure this organization at least had a telephone number. What's worse is that, in the back of my mind, I suspected that something like this was going to happen. I'm in the process of appealing this. If they don't compensate me, I'm defintely going to file a complant with the Illinois Attorney General's Office."

modified review This review was modified by johnnyo700 on March 11 2011 10:06:51 AM

"I recently purchased 14 CDs from Secondspin.com. In short, I'm very satisfied and will look for good deals from them in the future.

My CDs arrived in the quoted time and in good-to-great condition. 12 were very clean and read by my computer flawlessly. The other two from the same 2-disc set (and thus the same previous owner) had a number of significant scratches that wouldn't read accurately on my computer, but sounded decent on the cd player. Their customer service was quick to send a replacement. The replacement discs are nearly immaculate.

Their prices are pretty reasonable, and there are some particularly good deals to be had. For instance, the 10-disc Led Zeppelin box set was $15-20 under the eBay going rate.

Note that their shipping times are significant - about 2-3 weeks - although they explicitly state it, so it wasn't a surprise.

SecondSpin is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SecondSpin is not a merchant member
SecondSpin does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!