Stores > SecondSpin
  • SecondSpin

Voice your opinion! Review SecondSpin by clicking a star below.
2017-05-19

Intentionally vague language

"I chose this service to send some old things I didn't need anymore to them. Most items only fetched about 10-20 cents each but I figured since they reimburse for shipping it wouldn't be a big deal. I sent my items in and shipped via media mail as they suggested and kept track of my order. They took four days to process - Amazon only took a day. They sent me my money via PayPal but did not reimburse for shipping. When I inquired about it they told me that I did not get to be reimbursed because I did not send in enough items qualifying. Because they did not reimburse for shipping I basically gave my items away for free because I paid more for shipping than I was given. I wasn't expecting a huge profit in sending my items - I was hoping to squeeze a few quarters out that I would not get from a thrift store, and I wanted to downsize and make more room in my collection. Instead, they took my stuff for free. I'm furious. Why would you pretend that you reimburse and you're fair when you clearly aren't? "

2017-05-04

Good Grief!

"Item ordered through Amazon. Advertised in very good condition. Arrived and was in deplorable condition. Looks like it was repaired, and poorly. They said they would replace it. Then they said they sent the replacement May 3rd, but apparently it won't arrive for 3 weeks. Then when I asked why, they said they don't have another copy and will issue a refund. No indication of when though. At this point I have no idea if it is coming or not, or if and when I will be refunded. I'd REALLY like to order it from someone else so I can watch this series that I am into! But don't want multiple copies. Hate this company! "

2017-02-28

Scammer or disorganized af.. which one? maybe both

"Do NOT use this company EVER:

Ordered a dvd set, they sent it, it was nearly unwatchable, sound changed, skipping, video quality shifted, video froze etc. They said they could offer me store credit. I said, okay whatever... I ordered more $ than the credited amount of cds, probably around 12.. I know from my previous order that they ship in like 3 weeks or so avg. So i waited 1 month, asked, they said its coming, I waited 4 more weeks, asked again, they said it arrived a week after i ordered it... UM NO.. They offered a tracking label to ask the usps what happened.. like that will ever amount to anything, and I would like to add - they SAY they dont have tracking on their shipping- So if a tracking number WAS used, why wouldnt they send it to me with the confirmation email? I have never had a stolen or lost package and I have lived here for 7 years.

Point is. This reeks, they don't give a crap. BUYER BEWARE. I just paid a company 40$ to get a headache. HORRIBLE. Hopefully they go bankrupt soon. What a garbage company.

2016-12-27

SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!

"They say they inspect all product so why does it arrive all scratched up and smudged in broken cases and covered in stickers. I even received items that were water damaged. They will buy your item for a nickel and sell it for $5. The warehouse employees are incompetent and customer service is nonexistent.
Good luck returning stuff. Still waiting on that refund from an item I returned and USPS says they delivered over a month ago. After many emails they are now just ignoring me.

2016-11-17

Deplorable

"Similar to other reviewers, I concur that this company continues to go down hill. I was a long time customer and have been buying from them for over 7 years. Over the last couple of years I have only really placed 3 orders. One CD i ordered came and was the wrong one. I ordered a record that they said was IN Stock, waited almost two weeks withe the order sitting "in progress", then emailed them asking what was happening, only to be told that it was now "OUT OF STOCK". My last order was for a box set that arrived with the cover torn, all six discs majorly scratched,covered im glue or something sticky and were unusable!
This company REALLY DOES NOT CHECK THEIR ITEMS and DOES NOT SEEM TO CARE.
A shame as they used to!!!

2016-07-09

Continue to go downhill

"I have regularly purchased items from Second Spin online now for about 12 years now. Sadly...I don't think I have ever received a shipment that has not had some sort of issue...typically that one or more of the items received do not match what I ordered...or the disc/game/movie inside the case does not match the title and what was purchased. Because of this I seem to continually have credit there (as the company just places a credit on your account for their errors...thus requiring you to place another order at some point in the future to get your money back "so to speak".) It's pretty sad considering the number of orders I have placed and how this situation happens on literally every order. Over time I have concluded that the people who work for this company really aren't very detail oriented, nor very concerned overall with their image or customer satisfaction. Just a few extra minutes of verification when an order is being pulled and packaged would really go a long way for this company. I also have regular issues with purchasing items online...then being advised the items is no longer available. (A lot of the items I have purchased are older and not high-demand, so I take this to show a general poor inventory management system). As far as quality...many of the items I purchase come in pretty good condition...often complete with the original case and in relatively decent shape (insert, manual (if applicable) and disc.) Everything seems to be hit or miss...like a throw of the dice. I have received shipments where I get 90% keepers...then I have received shipments where literally 50% of it is wrong and/or in horrific condition and instantly goes in the sell/giveaway pile. These latter purchases can definitely change a "good buy" to a "complete waste of time and money". There are definitely some times when I receive a movie/game and it has been just the disc inside a case (no cover art, manual etc...)...or the item comes and it looks like someone spilled food, urinated or spilled a large soda over the entire thing. Sometimes items are clean, other times it looks like the item has been sitting in a pile of dirt over in the corner of a warehouse for the past few years. Sadly...the company does not seem to have any real standard in relation to quality control...they just post a generic stock image on their website and the conditions can vary over a very wide scale. If you get something and are unhappy with the quality of it, customer service could really care less. They only guarantee that the item is playable and not that it comes with anything else originally included in the package. If all you want is a game/movie and really only care about having is the disc itself (and nothing more)...and find a really good deal on something...then this might be a decent place to shop. Otherwise...just realize that there do not appear to be any real quality control standards at SecondSpin and take your chances with any item you purchase. As a long time customer, I am saddened by much of what I see going on in the quality control area with this company, their general lack of concern for their customers, and their complete incompetence at accurately keeping an inventory and fulfilling orders with the correct items. At this point I'm not sure if or when I might be buying from this company again."

2016-06-16

TERIBBLE Service

"DO NOT resell your items here, I found there service to be really bad. They might offer you more money for your items, however their shipping reimbursement is the catch. They only reimburse minimal amounts of shipping cost and refuse to reimburse others by not accepting items that disqualify the seller from getting reimbursement. You've been warned "

2016-04-15

Secondspin ****

"I sold a collection of 500+ DVDs for 180$. Probably worth 10k out of pocket over the years. I was ok with this because they seemed to make it easy and I thought that the shipping costs were covered as long as it was over 25 items and used usps media mail. I misunderstood and ended up with 150$ + 6$ for my shipping expense. It cost 75$ to ship. When you are making 700% on a DVDs the shipping cost should be included. I should have sent them 25 at a time. All of the other buyers covered full shipping. So they got a 500+ DVDs collection for about 80$. I will never use them again and recomend any other buyer then secondspin. "

2016-04-15

Selling DVDS, not worth it on this site

"I sold a few DVDs in great condition and was given a fair quote. Also as long as I used the recommended shipping, via USPS Media Mail, I would be reimbursed the shipping fee. I used media mail as per their instructions and when my order arrived I was then emailed saying I would get less than what was quoted (okay, that happens when you're only quoted the prices, that's fair) and that I would only be reimbursed some and not all of the shipping charge. I will never use this site again as there are other sites that send you prepaid shipping labels, unlike this site. Thanks for nothing SecondSpin. "

2016-03-03

Enough.

"I've been ordering for quite a while, but no more. Their prices are normally decent, particularly when there's a sale on. However, I can pretty much guarantee that in any bunch of CDs I order from them there will be one that's the wrong Cd (not matching the version listed on their site) or will have the wrong CD in the box. Thus far, they've been good at refunding me when this happens. This time, it was a CD with a clash across the front cover going clean through the cover - not a hole punch, a diagonal slash. Their email response was along the lines of "**** it up, it's used". Hence I won't waste my time ordering from them any more. Well done for losing a regular customer rather than taking back the damaged $5 CD."

2016-02-10

Buying CD, DVD or Blu-rays

"I have been using SecondSpin for years now, as an international client. They also replace / refund incorrect shipped items. I have picked up some rare CDs for great prices and condition is good to excellent. For someone with a Region A BD-Player, it's great as not all films are available in the EU.

Look out for the 20%, Free International Shipping.... It helps if your currency is weak to the USD.

2016-01-18

Merchant lists backordered items as in stock and will not notify customers voluntarily.

"I purchased a couple of records from Second Spin that were listed as New and In Stock when ordered (they are still listed as in stock currently, despite their customer service representative stating otherwise). I chose to pay extra for expedited shipping (4-7 days in transit). Their representative advised me that orders ship within 2 days of payment clearing, so I thought it was odd that I hadn't received a shipping confirmation 5 days later. It was only then that I was informed that the item was backordered and wouldn't ship for several weeks. I immediately requested a refund, which was finally processed 3 days later. "

2015-11-12

"I have dealt with this company on three separate occasions. First time was OK, second was poor, and the most recent time was absolutely terrible. My second time selling to this company I had a larger order and needed to ship two separate packages. Well they receive the smallest package of course and say they never got the second at the warehouse. So after several disgruntled emails, they finally "found" my second package and I did not receive even half of what was estimated in payout. The third was most recent time dealing with this company and selling them my used CDs, DVDs, and games. They never notify me of receiving the package so once again I had to send several emails before finally getting a response five weekdays later, not within 48 hours like they promise on their website. Also there is no phone number to talk to people, only email. Finally get a response and they cannot "find" my package once again. Another week later they finally find it and inspect, and totally leave out one very large item that would have been the most profitable out of my entire sell order. Not only do they neglect to even list this item on the accepted/rejected list, the complete stand up collection of Richard Pryor estimated to be about $13.00, but they completely make up two items in its place that I definitely know were not in my sell order averaging about $1.50. This company will basically steal from it's own customers. Do not sell to this company. The customer service is sub par at most and the morally sound warehouse, sarcasm of course, is awful. I don't know how these people sleep at night. I am so angry, annoyed, and frustrated. My mistake for ever using them again. I would rate them -1 star if I could. "

2015-07-02

"I have been dealing with Secondspin for many years and, as would be expected, there have been one or two minor issues over that period. I am pleased to say, however, that when these arise Rosalyn or Samantha of Customer service always sort out satisfactorily & very quickly.
My dealings involve purchases and I would thoroughly recommend Secondspin if you wish to purchase cds.

2015-05-14

"I've sold DVDs and CDs to this website at least 6-7 times over several years. My items are always in near mint condition and out off all these orders I have only received minimal issues from their inspectors. One time they deducted 50 cents for a broken case, which I assumed may have been damaged in shipping. Other than that I can't recall a single issue I've had with them: if you read the terms and conditions you won't misunderstand what you'll get back from them. Their media reimbursement never covers the full cost of shipping, but their prices are the best. I've sold several $100's of my collection to them and have no complaints."

Share SecondSpin's store rating

SecondSpin is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SecondSpin is not a merchant member
SecondSpin does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!