Stores > Seattle Coffee Gear

• Customer Support: 866-372-4734
    • Business Hours: 8am to 6pm Pacific Mon-Sat
    • Fax: 866-372-4734

2016-08-29

The product of Seattle coffee gear was too terrible!

"I ordered the super outomatic espresso machine at seattle coffee gear site. It was too terrible because when I open the box, the machine was wet by rotten coffee. The rotten coffee had spilled out of the water tank and steamer was not fit at the machine. This had a several problems. I applied a twice returns but they changed my reason to changing my mind from had a defective machine. I was so upset. Beside, the return fee was too expensive because the machine was too heavy. I can't understand why this return fee is not free. I can't recomend this site to other people."

2016-03-26

Be aware Read first

"I purchased a brand new PID from www.seattlecoffeegear.com for around $260.00. This little device is supposed to make your coffee espresso way easier. I cut a hole for it in my Brand NEW Machine Rancilio Silvia to install it. It took me 4 hours to install, but every step I took I had to double check because my machine is so expensive. I don’t want to make any type of mistakes to cause damage. After all the wiring and installation was done I turned it on for the first time. This PID system supposedly holds the brewing temperature more accurately, but for some reason temperature goes way above the safety limit. So I was scared it would damage my machine and I turned it off. Next I call www.seattlecoffeegear.com and spoke to Nakita Parramore from technical support. He then guided me through what I was supposed to do. First he thought it had been programmed wrong from the factory. Furthermore after all the many steps I took, he found that there was no problem. He then told me to watch a video on YouTube to show me how to program it, then to call him back after I was done watching the video. I didn’t receive his video, but I found one where Gail explained how to program the PID (There has been plenty of times I had watched videos with Gail, and that enticed me to order this precise system from them. That was a BIG MISTAKE and was very disappointed, so I called Nakita Parramore back, told him I never received an email from him with the link for that video. I then told him I found it, and watched it. He asked me only a couple of questions what the settings said on the display to make sure everything was correct. He didn’t come up with any problems. Nakita came up with an idea to record a video again after many times from beginning to make sure that he could clearly see the rising temperature, and make sure all buttons are set correctly. I made a video but unfortunately it was too long and he wanted to have the entire video footage. I told him the video was 780mb (huge file) he then told me to send it to him through via Email. REALLY?? I asked him twice how to because it was so big, and he told me that the video is not that big to be sent through email Blah Blah Blah... Finally he realized it was too big. He wanted me to upload video on YouTube and make it public. So next I did what he told me to do and uploaded my video, made it public. I waited on the phone to confirm he saw my video. He found it and told me (this was on Friday of march 26th) Technician was not there and I was told he would be back on Monday to see my video and would then let me know what could possibly be wrong. Unfortunately I got a call on Saturday from Mr. “ I know more than you ” Nakita Parramore, he told me because I installed the PID by myself the warranty would no longer be in affect and was void. If I wanted to pay for it to be shipped they could repair it or troubleshoot it and I would have to pay for shipping and repairs?!?!?! That is ridiculous because he never mentioned this preposterous thing on Friday when I was led to believe I would still have a warranty. He didn’t want to wait for technician. He apparently knows more the technician right?... absolutely not! So now I have an installed PID controller, which doesn’t work, with a cut hole in my brand new machine, and it doesn’t even work. If they repaired (what?) send it back, and it still doesn’t work can I then keep sending it back lets say every other weak? Now because I installed it myself the warranty is voided. Who has time for this? I am a paying customer and I didn’t receive what I asked for nor get the right information to solve the problem. Lastly Nakita Parramore should not be in customer service he is misleading and one of the rudest people I have ever had to encounter. The only thing I know for a fact is that my money was wasted, and it is completely wrong to have no warranty for this expensive piece that I bought to make my espresso machine work efficiently. From now on I will no longer spend my well-earned money on anything from this company, and will find better elsewhere with no doubt. I would recommend people save their money and go to www.wholelattelove.com Thanks Rick"

This review was modified by thorradek on March 29 2016 05:55:07 PM

2015-12-29

"I bought a reconditioned Saeco Odea Machine from them. I had another one for 10 years( bought in Costco - worked great for 10 years!!!)
It did not work right from the very beginning; it looks as they just sent to me a broken machine initially.
Yes, I did all cleanings - after all, I was able to take care of identical machine for 10 years - no luck!
So I have it over a year - and they did not fix it; they never gave me return authorization.

This review was modified by zsmirnoff1 on December 29 2015 10:34:24 AM

2015-09-07

"Bought a Saeco Syntia Focus Super-automatic Espresso Machine that was refurbished from Seattle Coffee Gear. Just out of the box, I had to descale (manual 22 step process, that should have been done during the "refurbishing"), prime the water dispenser 10+ times, and it still had the "need to descale" light on. There were chunks of coffee grime clogging the brew dispenser thing! I felt like I was working in the refurbishing department with all of the cleaning and troubleshooting. The machine would however, make a good espresso after approx. five or six tries of priming and pushing buttons. So, I called the customer service/tech support and they couldn't determine the problem after troubleshooting with me, and said he'd call me back; well, he never did, so I called back the next day. I had to go through the same explanation with another guy! They sent me a label to send the worn-out piece of junk back, so I ordered and paid in full for another one (they wouldn't even give me free shipping on the replacement, nor rushed shipping). I asked the guy to put in the notes, to please make sure that the replacement was in working order, as not to waste any more time. Well, the replacement arrived a week later with the same exact problem!! I actually went through the descale process again because I was desperate for some coffee, but it didn't work and the descale light stayed on! Major waste of time and money with Seattle Coffee Gear! Last time I order from them!!"

This review was modified by coffeeconsumer on September 07 2015 07:11:15 AM

2015-05-19

"I bought a reconditioned Saeco Intuita. Had small problems that they were able to initially able to resolve. About 7 months after the purchase, the machine quit and they refused to do anything except look at it for $200. BEWARE! I would not buy anything from this outfit."

This review was modified by kyle.schonekas on May 19 2015 06:52:58 AM

2015-03-10

"i like this, and i think many peoplo too :)"

2014-11-20

"After our Saeco Magic Comfort+ finally died after 12 years and about 11.000 cups of coffee, we ordered a refurbished Saeco Vienna from Seattle Coffee Gear. When the machine was turned on it started flashing a error code. SCG wanted me to "troubleshoot" the machine. but I told them that I was going to return it.

Unlike Amazon, SCG does not pay for the return shipment. My cost for assuming that SCG was a trustworthy business: $58.76 shipping plus a $26.07 "Adjustment Fee" deducted from my refund.

Stay away from this company.

This review was modified by SailorTwo on November 20 2014 11:27:56 AM

2014-10-15

"Their customer service recovery procedures need to be totally revamped as does their machine refurbishment process.

Whether due to negligence or indifference, the individual responsible for quality assurance of their refurbished machines decided it wise to knowingly place a broken drip tray attachment inside the grounds receptacle of the machine, reseal the machine, and ship it to the customer.

Upon receiving the machine midweek, Seattle Coffee Gear was unwilling to promise the delivery of a replacement machine by the end of the week, claiming that it was akin to delivering a second free machine due to shipping costs.

Management seriously needs to reconsider whether saving relatively small shipping fees is worth refusing to salvage a potential lifelong relationship with a customer.

I'm sure there is a chance you will receive a perfectly serviceable machine from them; however, beware of anything goes awry with the machine as there should be no confidence in their customer service recovery.

This review was modified by tutkija80 on October 15 2014 04:10:23 PM

2014-05-29

"Easy straight-forward ordering , delivered as promised. Order arrived within estimated time frame and came undamaged. The item is exactly as described."

2014-05-23

"I ended up needing to return one of the items ordered and they made the process very simple. Great service. I only wish if they were out of stock of an item you could go ahead and order it so it would automatically ship once it became available, otherwise it is a very convenient ordering process. "

2014-05-22

"Great company to do business with. So far coffee maker is fabulous."

2014-05-21

"Great service. Great prices."

2014-05-18

"Very quick shipping and product arrived in perfect order. Great review/help videos on the website too."

2014-05-18

"Competitive pricing, fast shipping."

2014-05-17

"Expert knowledge on all your coffee and espresso needs. Fast shipping and they have everything for Saeco espresso machine. "

Share Seattle Coffee Gear's store rating

Seattle Coffee Gear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Seattle Coffee Gear is not a merchant member
Seattle Coffee Gear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!