Stores > Sears PartsDirect

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10

2016-05-13

Sears - Never Again!

"I service and repair various hvacr units. I was looking for a dependable online supplier for parts and such that are not available locally. I figured sears was a reputable and dependable name I could trust. I found the part and ordered it with no issues (5/3/16). I was even given a %15 discount. I gave my customer an eta of the part based on info I was given from order confirmation. I did not receive any updates or other communication of any sort. 10 days goes by, my customer is without a working unit and finally today 5/13/16 I'm informed my order has been cancelled (product discontinued) and that I should receive a refund within another week or so (7-10 business days). I looked on their web site and it will let me order this "discontinued" part again showing in stock and it will ship same day if ordered by 2:00... At this point I'm very frustrated. My reputation is on the line and my money is **** with this fiasco... very disappointed. "

This review was modified by ell_iott on May 13 2016 12:03:33 PM

2016-05-05

Headache

"Ordered a washer bellow to replace the one on my Kenmore Elite HE3t. My washer is 14 years old and this is the only thing that's ever gone wrong with it. Overtime the rubber wore away and a slight rip formed in the bellow.

Ordered this bellow from SPD. It was $100 and change ($20-$30 more than other sellers, but I needed another unrelated part).

It came a day later than promised when placing the order. I installed with the help of my boyfriend and our neighbor who is a plumber that oversaw the process. The bellow, without a doubt, is properly installed.

Issue #1: The actual bellow itself is a slightly thicker material than the original bellow, thus preventing the door from staying closed. My washer does a 30 second test of all systems before the load starts, a brief 10 second pause where the computer disengages the lock and then begins into the selected wash cycle. Since the bellow is too thick, the door pops open, spilling water allover my floor. Easy to overlook, hoping that the material will compress overtime or I just have to make sure I keep the door held closed for the first 1-2 minutes.

Issue #2: The actual rubber material that the bellow is made out of is poor quality. The rubber "rubs" off when you run your finger or hand over it with any pressure. Think: erasing on paper and the shavings it leaves behind. These bellow shavings leave rubber beads allover my laundry, destroying a $90 white jacket amongst other things.

I've made two separate calls to customer service. Technicians don't even know what the part is or what it does. Frustrating. First representative left me on hold for supervisor for 38 minutes. I had to hang up. Second representative told me that since I installed the part they cannot offer or do anything regarding it. Um.. I had to put the part on to realize it wasn't going to fit right? (Think: you buy shoes online and the seller refuses to return them because you tried the shoe on.)

End all result is they asked me to send the bellow back for some of my money back (no shipping refund - either way). And have told me that its because my washer is 12 years old and the manufacturer doesn't make OEM part, claims that their OEM part is approved but if it doesn't fit then "oh well."

This review was modified by meagfrank on May 05 2016 09:44:18 AM

2016-04-25

Scammers!!

"This is not sears, only in name. AFC I think is the real name, which is why they ****. I ordered 2 head gaskets, both instock, they send one, intentionally the wrong one because they don't have it instock. 1 week later they ship another one, but directly from the manufacturer. Everyday they are instock on their website. which is complete BS. So I get one wrong part and one right part. When I call to complaint, they basically told me tough ****! and would not take responsibility. Their website doesn't have many options for returns. YOU have to pay return shipping. They wouldn't take responsibility over the phone. If you try online it will charge your credit card for return shipping. Its quite clear by the way the website returns is setup, they have a shitload of complaints, mostly from ripping people off!"

This review was modified by JB007skyfall on April 25 2016 06:52:37 PM

2016-04-22

TOTAL RIP OFF - Stay Away

"We bought our Dryer Thermistor in New Brunswick, NJ. Online says it was "In Stock." Went to the store and bought the parts that we needed for $30.07 (plus Tax). While my husband was fixing our gas dryer, he blew the dryer thermistor and needed another one to replace it. I went online to check if this part was still "In Stock" which it was. I ordered and paid online for the parts and selected "Pick up in store." During the checkout process, I noticed that the online price for the same part#8577274 was only $17.34. I almost fell of my chair! THE SAME PART NUMBER IS DOUBLE THE PRICE IN THE STORE. Same company, different price! Husband went to the store and complained when he picked-up our order. the only explanation he got was "online price" is different than "store price" Oh really! I'm an online shopper and never experience this. Called customer service and did not get any help. What a waste of my time!"

This review was modified by jerleereyes on April 22 2016 03:29:30 PM

2016-04-07

A pleasant surprise

"After a bad experience with Sears Parts over 20 years ago, I never used them again, until now. I needed a new deck and various other parts for my old Craftsman Lawn Tractor. Looking through the parts list online, my initial contact was via web chat, and the representative was extremely helpful and encouraging and assisted me in every way to place my order. The first batch of parts arrived quickly and on transferring the old deck parts to the new deck I discovered a few more bad parts. Using their web page I ordered the several other parts I needed and they arrived quickly as promised via expedited shipping. Each part was exactly as described, an exact fit, and everything went back together perfectly.

Altogether a great experience, and I am truly surprised, and very pleased.

2016-04-07

I didn't even want to click on 1 star!

" I have never written a bad review for anywhere until now. I can't even explain my disgust with Sears parts direct. I had a washing machine not working and I needed a part. I checked several different places and I could get the part cheaper at almost every place but it would take longer to get to my house. When I checked sears parts direct, it told me that it would be at my house the next day with the expensive shipping. When I didn't receive my part I called, they told me it was really 1-3 days. So Already I could have ordered the part from somewhere else if I wanted to wait that long. Then I got my tracking number and it was for 3 days later!!!! So I just asked them to return the part because I couldn't wait 6 days for a part I ordered to be here in 1 day! They can't not send it now I guess, so I have to go through all the trouble to return it. They didn't offer any refund.....Did I mention that I spent twice as much to order this part then all the other places!?! Nobody could answer my questions or help me, they just said "Oh I am sorry about that. I understand." but then NOTHING got done. I will NEVER order from this site again. It was TERRRIBLE!!!!! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! "

This review was modified by Buckeye289 on April 07 2016 11:27:01 AM

2016-04-02

Awful

"Spent 38$ (including shipping) on a part for our refrigerator. Item was shipped in a shipping BAG. This item has multiple plastic clips that are weak to begin with. Because they shipped it in a bag with no protection for the part one of the clips were broken. I was charged return shipping for their negligence and have to re-order the part and pay another 9$ shipping to get a replacement. The initial shipping, shipping back to them due to their poor shipping, and then re-ordering and shipping a replacement (that I imagine will ship in a bag again and have a good chance of arriving damaged again) would be around $30 in shipping for a 28$ part. I would never order from them again. Awful."

This review was modified by lturner50 on April 02 2016 06:38:50 AM

2016-02-04

Website is misleading. "In stock" means nothing to them

"Take this as your warning to sell your stock in Sears.

Not only was the part I ordered not "in stock" as they indicated, but it took them 5 days to tell me this! So, here I am 5 days later, looking for another supplier.

I thought with a name like Sears there was some assurance of quality service. I was wrong. If Sears corporation is willing to let this affiliated website be run like this, I've got serious doubts about its long term prospects as a whole.

Customer service rep was apologetic and understanding. Seemed like she had heard this complain many times and it is out of her control.

This review was modified by Mhkung on February 04 2016 06:22:28 AM

2016-01-05

"If you order from Sears you deserve what you get. I was stupid. It won't happen again.

I am actively telling everyone what a terrible experience ordering overpriced damaged, shipping delayed items from Sears was, along with telling them that the Sears web site doesn't work for processing returns (Error 500). I will be making web entries to chronicle the awful experience ordering from Sears Parts Direct. I believe that Sears can only completely resolve this issue by going out of business. I intend to tell everyone of my experience in the hope of getting Sears there faster.

BTW, their "Immediate Assistance" number listed on the feedback site leads to an unending wait. No real surprise there since everyone else that had the misfortune and poor judgement to order from Sears must be calling that number.

This review was modified by JS00000 on January 05 2016 04:26:46 PM

2015-11-19

"I’m deeply dissatisfied with the way Sears handled this order. To give you a back ground below are the list of things happened since Nov 9th, 2015.

Nov 9th: I’ve searched for a stacking kit for my washer and dryer and did find one in sears part direct and checked the price. It was $95.82 when shown in the list and it became $100.61, once I clicked on the item (That is a ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen).

Nov 10th: As the expedited shipping will help me get the item by Nov 11th, I’ve ordered the same online. Before this, I received an email saying that “As you are searching for this item, we have saved it for you”. As it was mentioned in the web browser that the stacking kit is available and is in stock, I went ahead and ordered the same. If this wasn’t the case and if I was informed that the particular item was not available in stock, I would have went ahead with other options.

As I need the stacking kit ASAP, I’ve ordered it via expedited shipping, so that I can get this installed by Nov 11th (I’ve scheduled an appointment with a technician from Maytag as well for the same).

Nov 11th: When I checked the status of the package online, I was shocked and surprised to see that as the item is not available in stock it was backordered and the estimated shipping date moved from Nov 11th to Nov 17th.

Immediately I spoke to the customer care guys, for which the response was again a tragedy. Not sure, how these CC representatives get contacted with customers and bring customer satisfaction. If you ask me, I will give 1 out of 10 rating for your customer support team.

Nov 12th: I will be charged twice by the technicians from Maytag for their service appointments. As the appointment was scheduled on Nov 11th and the part is not available, they couldn’t complete the work. Now, I need to again wait for their availability and book an appointment again (god knows when that would be).

Now, I’m currently living without a washer and dryer since 2 weeks and with your help I’m not sure how long it would take to get them into running condition(it might take a min. of 10 days from now including the technician appointment schedule).

Nov 17th: When I again checked the status in the order status page of Sears Parts Direct, I was deeply dissatisfied with the way they are handling things. The latest update says as below:

“Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days”

Why the *** do you take 5-7 business days when you charge me upfront with $45.00 for expedited shipping!!!! This is ludicrous and makes me HATE sears to the core.

Nov 18th: I spoke to the customer relations person and I have explained the situation in detail and the response I received from him is @#%$%$%. He was willing to revert the expedited shipping cost, but never answers my question regarding why they say that the package arrives in 5-7 business days when charged for expedited shipping and why the web portal showing incorrect information.

He has no clue what really went wrong with the system!!!! Neither he knows why they don’t respond to emails sent to partsdirect@customerservice.sears.com.

When I asked him whether I can at least know the approx. date of shipment arrival, he was not sure about this even and took note of my mobile number and email and said that the offline team would get back to me in 24 hours. Which never happened till date. It’s been more than 24 hours!!!!

Imagine a human life, without a washer and dryer for a month!!! This is insane and if you ask me to provide a rating for your service, you can expect the response from my end!

If I would have known that the shipping would be done after Nov 16th, I would have gone for ground shipping instead of going for Expedited shipping which again costed me 30-40 bucks more than the usual price. After paying for an expedited shipping, if the package arrives at ground shipping pace, imagine the pain you might have gone through in the meantime!

If you don’t have a product in stock, why do you need different shipping methods and why do you charge bomb when the package arrives at snail pace(as soon as the part is available – not sure when that would be happening). Btw, even now when you look at the product, it says “In Stock; Eligible for Pickup; Guaranteed same day ship; Guaranteed Fit; Pick up for Free”

It would be great, if you can let me know how soon you can deliver this product. Also, please let me know if there is any store within 50 miles from zip code: 98052 where the part/kit is available, so that I’ll drive myself there and get the same.

I hope at-least this help can be done from your end after all the hassle you’ve made me go through.

Awaiting reply.

This review was modified by sudarshanp on November 19 2015 11:57:40 AM

2015-11-14

"Ordered 2 belts for Sears Craftman lawnmower with 3-5 day delivery service. First belt arrived in 8 days and second belt arrived more than 1 week later (10 days late). Online shoppers know that the delivery date is usually the main reason you pick a provider. When both belts didn't arrive within the timeline promised, we eventually found the what we needed at a hardware store in the next town. Since we no longer needed the belts eventually delivered 10 days beyond a useful date for our project, we tried to return the belts to the single remaining Sears store 40 miles from our home. We were told that since we ordered the parts online, they wouldn't accept them at the store and we needed to request a return label from Searspartsdirect to return it. SearsPartsdirect.com then proceeded to charge us $7.00 for a return label that should have been their responsibility since they or their vendor's late delivery was the reason for the return. I also called and asked for a $7.00 credit to our account but was told that that wasn't possible.
It isn't only the $7.00 but all the trouble of locating the same part after we thought we had solved our repair problem and and then driving 40 miles to a Sears store that wouldn't accept our part return. The solution seems to be "Don't use Sears Parts direct" for any reason. If you can't find what you need at a local Hardware store, as a last resort, order through the Sears store if you can find one still open. I repeat don't use Sears Parts Direct and it doesn't appear to be actually affiliated with Sears.

This review was modified by teetime4lorna on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-02

"Ordered part for treadmill, which stated online was in stock. One week later get email that out of stock. Another week later get another email out of stock to a later date. My money was taken within 2 hours from my bank account. After being on hold for almost half an hour and transferred, I am informed that this cancellation has to go to "review" and I will get an email within 2-3 business days with the results of that review. Not even guaranteeing my cancellation. This is unacceptable business practice. Will NEVER buy any SEARS product again. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!"

2015-09-25

"Very unsatisfied:

1. Took credit card payment before indicating barbecue grates were on back order
2. After 2.5 months, all grates (set of three) received broken, 1 of three received broken on replacement order which was not sent until I called again to ask when replacements would arrive
3. Now waiting on third shipment to receive last unbroken grate
4. Grates appear to be cheaply made and subject to cracking.

2015-09-21

"Do not believe what you see on the website. I ordered a part that was listed as "In Stock" from Sears instead of the manufacturer because the manufacturer, Bosch, did not have the part in stock and would not have it until late September.

The order was placed on August 19, 2015. As of September 21, 2015, I still do not have my part. The part 00795912 is still listed on the Sears Part Direct website as in stock. Questionable business practices.

2015-09-07

" Two delivery men came into my girlfriends house last week for a scheduled delivery. She was alone. After entering and being what she described as "very rude and impolite" they found the valves to which they were going to hook up her new washing machine. After surveying the situation, they told her that hey could not install her washing machine because the valves in her wall had corrosion on them. (we later sought a second an third opinion, both were plumbers and neither found any corrosion on either valve. They explained it was simply paint and that the valves were in good condition) So after lying to her that the valves were corroded, they prompted that they would install the washer anyway if she gave them more money "off the books". After asking them to clarify what they meant and being told again that they would do what they came to do if she gave them extra money on the side, she told them to leave. They began to try a negotiate a price with her, to which she repeated that she wanted them out of her home. After they eventually left, he called me immediately telling me how intimidated and uncomfortable they made her feel in her own home. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to find out that your girlfriend who is a single mother was taken advantage of in her own home. It is unacceptable to say the least. On top of that, after filing multiple reports with sears and their 3rd party delivery service i got a very nonchalant email reply telling me to let SEARS know when she gets the valves fixed so that they can send another delivery team out. And oh yeah, offered us a $50 gift card. What a joke. The behavior of the delivery men was completely unacceptable and the response from SEARS has been almost non existent. Its 2015 and a single mother can even have a product from a company as big as SEARS delivered to her home with out being taken advantage of by the intimidating, money hungry delivery men....working for the delivery service that SEARS employs. i rate them at a negative 10, all parties would have been better off if this interaction had never happened, and we had taken our business elsewhere in the first place. So if you are a female, or any person who is not trying to get schemed don't shop with SEARS."

Share Sears PartsDirect's store rating

Sears PartsDirect is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears PartsDirect is not a merchant member
Sears PartsDirect does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!