Sears PartsDirCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"I ordered new burner grates in November 2013 from Sears Parts Direct and in less than 6 months the paint was chipping and they began rusting to the point that they are just crumbling on my cooktop. I called Sears and after an hour of getting bounced from CS agent to CS agent I was promised a replacement set. Well that was three months ago and have not heard from them since...trying to call gain but really should I have to?"

modified review This review was modified by DisappointedCustomer2 on October 20 2014 07:37:09 AM

"Scam Scam Scam! Do not buy parts from them!! I ordered my part paid twice as much shopping as the actual cost of the part and received the part with NO screws and NO instructions when I emailed customer service they told me that they have a website where their customers can talk about their parts and get help. Wtf? How about sears parts direct provide their customers with what they need to install the part. I really wish I would have checked on this company before buying this part. Buyer Beware!! "

modified review This review was modified by Diytech on October 13 2014 05:35:55 AM

"Website showed items in stock, but never shipped after 3+ weeks. Was a hassle to cancel and get refund.

Needed a toolbox key ($4), but shipping was expensive ($9 SH), so I looked for other things to add to make it worth it. The key shipped, but the other items didn't. I waited weeks, since I actually could've used those items and the price wasn't bad. I called to check-up and they couldn't give an ETA and offered to do a nation-wide store search. Asked if I could cancel and get back part of my SH charge back along with the refund, and they said yes. Refund gets processed, but the quoted refund amount was $13 less than what I paid, so I figured the SH didn't get refunded. I called again to ask about the order, got put on hold for a long time and hung up on. Though I got the call about the refund being processed, my statement didn't show it after 2 days, so I call up again to confirm status and ask about the refund amount and the new CS rep asked to confirm if I received and kept the key (I did); I told her that the other rep said SH would be refunded, else I wouldn't have canceled if I knew the SH charges would remain. She reluctantly said the refund of SH would be processed and asked if I needed help with anything else, ending the call. I've been checking my statement and confirmed that I've received the original quoted refund ($13 less than what I paid), but no refund for the SH...

I'm upset that my trust got betrayed. Something with the Sears name shouldn't be this bad, I originally thought. After looking up what happened to Sears, apparently some big investor wants to destroy Sears to get the realty, as it's worth more than Sears as a retailer.

modified review This review was modified by Varaxis on September 29 2014 01:57:24 PM

"Horrible service, I ordered parts for a dishwasher after 4 calls to confirm date of delivery and changing time frame parts never showed up I called once to cancel the order and it never got refunded I'm on the phone as I am writing this review to cancel for a second time. I will not be using Sears parts again."

"Bad Business. Violated Visa/Mastercard billing rules. Ordered part (listed as in stock) and paid overnight shipping.. on Friday... Still had not recieved item on following Wednesday so I called. They informed me the part was back ordered! I ask them to cancel the order... they said the order was already charged to my credit card and could not be cancelled. Rude service people... I wonder if the IRS has taken over their customer service department? Sure seems like the same level of service... Pay... Pay... and you don't get anything back!"

modified review This review was modified by Electricteacher on August 13 2014 12:08:07 PM

"I wish I'd looked sears parts direct site up on this site before I ordered a part for my washing machine. This was one of the few websites that showed the part as being instock, so I ordered thinking that Sears was hopefully a brand I could trust. I picked next day shipping since I found an online 10% off coupon which would help offset the $50 they wanted for next day shipping and the pile of laundry was just growing and we'd be running out of clean clothes in a few days.

I called the next day friday to confirm that they'd be shipping that day since the website showed my order in a strange state. The CSR tells me that they need to check with their supplier. I asked how they could show the part as in-stock on their website and not know if the supplier had it? The CSR said she'd e-mail me back in the afternoon with the status. I never got an e-mail.

I checked again on the Monday and the status just shows pending. I called and the CSR now tells me that the part is back-ordered for a month. I complained that they still showed the part as in-stock on the website. They offered to credit the next day shipping charges, but instead I just demanded the order be cancelled. I don't have time to waste with these type of companies.

As of Tuesday the order still shows as pending, I guess I'll have to call them again to confirm that the order is cancelled.

modified review This review was modified by neilsh on July 15 2014 08:47:35 AM

"Sears PartsDirect is a DISASTER. Don't walk away, run. There are many competing vendors for appliance parts.

The drain motor for my Kenmore Washer failed. Well I'll just go to Sears PartsDirect and get another one. I found the part on their web site but shipping formation was sketchy. I needed it Priority Mailed to my PO box in the Virgin Islands, so I called them.

Prompt answer, helpful efficient sales clerk and yes the part is in stock. I told him I needed it shipped Priority Mail to my Post Office Box and he said, "No problem, we'll ship priority". I gave him all the information, he quoted me a price and done. Less than ten seconds later I received a confirmation via email.

The first thing I noticed was $49.95 shipping and the second an incorrect address, my physical address where I have no delivery of anything.

I called back and after the phone tree got on line with a lady that informed me that they do not ship Priority Mail, my part was coming UPS 2nd day International Priority. I told her I didn't want that as even at that price UPS won't deliver. She said that's it. I said cancel the order, she said you can't do that, we've already sent the order to our supplier. I said fine, I'll have my credit card refuse charges. She said, you can't do that we already have your money.

I called AMEX and they confirmed that I could dispute the charges and not accept the merchandise.

I called Sears back and got another operator who said, well OK, we'll refund your shipping charges. I said cancel the order. She said can't do that and I went away.

Ordered the part from Appliance Clinic and received it four days later Priority Mail for $9.95 shipping.

Sears just today sent me shipping notification, a week after they took the order they refused to cancel. I'll burn in you know where before they keep my funds. This isn't poor customer service, it's a boiler room operation.

Sears is owned by a Hedge Fund Wall Street guy, Eddie Lampert and he is wrecking this American institution.

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT order from Sears Direct!

"original timer lasted 16 years on Sears Kenmore water softener. replacement part timer $179 plus tax and shipping from Sears Parts Direct only lasted 269 days. It failed while we were out of town and cost us $180 increase in our water bill. total loss $375. Don't buy Sears Parts Direct. They provide defective workmanship in their parts because they do not last."

modified review This review was modified by Searspartsdefective on October 24 2013 07:17:41 PM

"Ordered a couple of Dishwasher and Dryer parts from SearsPartsDirect they charged me sales tax on shipping. Never heard of any online vendor doing that. Called the customer center and tried to explain the issue the service rep had no knowledge of the tax rate for NJ and kept beating around the bush. I asked to be transferred to the manager she disconnected the phone.

What a rip-off!! Wonder how these companies remain in business.

modified review This review was modified by joybaka on October 05 2013 01:55:32 PM

"While ordering a new set of hinges for my washing machine, I was unsure of the quantity as the product photo showed two (2) hinges but the part description said "hinge". So, using the "Live Chat" feature I asked the representative to confirm the quantity. He said he thought the $16.99 price was for a pair (i.e. 2 each), but asked me to wait on hold for several minutes while he confirmed the quantity. When he came back on the line he said definitively the subject part number was comprised of a set of two (2) pieces. Needless to say, after paying $17 for the hinge and another $9 for shipping (a part which weighs less than one ounce) the package arrived with only one (1) hinge.
So much for customer service. Thanks a lot SearsPartsDirect, oh and thanks for outsourcing your customer service jobs to India!

modified review This review was modified by AK_james on August 27 2013 08:35:53 PM

"When part says in stock at time of order, one would expect the part to be in stock and ship in 1-2 business days. Instead more than 3 business days later part back-ordered. Called to find out how that could be. Told it was a computer glitch and should ship soon. Received email stating it had or was in process of being shipped. Received box with wrong mower deck and only a shell, not a complete deck. Called to report. Told UPS would pick up in next couple of days. 3 days and a weekend later still sitting on porch. I was told they would try to expedite the correct part. 3 business days later notified that part is back-ordered again. Called to verify this was accurate. Told est. ship date around 7/18. I really have no idea what to expect with all the misinformation and delays in notification. One business day should have been plenty to notify if product back-ordered. Either there is some major flaws in your ordering system, or intentional deceit to hold onto an order.

In the mean time, I sit, still without the part I need to maintain my large grass area. I could purchased the item from a business on ebay at a much lower price and had it on my tractor by now had I know Sears Parts Direct was going to have so many issues in fulfilling a part order.

It seems there inventory system is stuck in the 70's unable to provide accurate status. Very slow to notify customers of issues with very little confidence in the accuracy of the information you finally do receive.

I'd avoid unless time and money are of no concern.

"I placed an order on 7/11 online for an outer glass replacement for my oven. The part was listed as "in stock" on the site and was scheduled to arrive by 7/17. I called today when my tracking information says the glass is on "back order" and found out it will not be in until next Monday. I insisted on receiving expedited shipping at no additional cost because of their screw up and was told that they "can't do anything about it". Now I have to wait an additional week or more to use my oven when I could have ordered from somewhere else that knows what they're doing. You would think a ridiculous shipping price of $15.99 would cover expedited shipping to begin with. WORST customer service ever...DO NOT order from here. "

modified review This review was modified by upset1234 on July 15 2013 08:08:39 AM

"Just ordered a "Carburetor kit" from Sears PartsDirect because I considered Sears a fair and respectable company. A few minutes after submitting the order, I noticed that the cost (tax plus double the shipping cost of another vendor) was not in line and decided to cancel this Sears PartsDirect order. I spoke to Ramon (#40186) who immediately put in an order cancellation (attempt). "Afterwards", Ramon explained

1) that I would have to call back in two days to verify that the order was actually cancelled and
2) that I would not receive a full refund (it had only been a few minutes since the order had been placed).

I tried to explain to Ramon that I was not happy with this result and that he should have informed me of these two points prior to placing the order cancellation. Ramon then became rude and talked over me to inform me that I should have read all of the fine print prior to placing the order.
*Bottom-line: I guess that "Customer Service and Customer Respect" is no longer a priority with the Sears company.

modified review This review was modified by cyber.dog on July 08 2013 03:25:05 PM

"I placed an order for items that were "In Stock" on the site and my credit card was charged immediately. On my email receipt it also says "In Stock". But when I checked the status of my order it said "back ordered" and would ship in one week. In one week I phoned and was told it would be shipped that day. Two days later the status once again shows "back ordered" and is now scheduled to be shipped in another week. However the items still show as In Stock on the website. I called to cancel my order and was told no order can be cancelled once it is placed. So now I have a dispute with the credit card company. Do NOT order anything from Sears PartsDirect!"

modified review This review was modified by tncustomer on June 02 2013 06:41:16 AM

"Sears PartsDirect charges $8.00 to ship a part that is the size of 1/2 a dime and weighs 2.6
grams? If there is anyway I can ever get a part elsewhere, I will never use
Searsparts again. Matter of fact, I think I will avoid craftsman products altogether and
save the trouble. Ripoff !

modified review This review was modified by stardood on May 09 2013 05:59:53 AM

Sears PartsDirect is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears PartsDirect is not a merchant member
Sears PartsDirect does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!