Sears PartsDirCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"I was just thrilled to receive the parts that I ordered for my TB525CS (Horse)Troy-Bilt lawn edger. The ends are interchangeable with Ryobi. I had a broken spring in the clutch and the starter was showing wear. I went on-line to find the two parts and much to my surprise Searspartsdirect knew of the make and model of my lawn edger. It was like looking through a JC Whitney catalog for auto parts. Searspartsdirect has the manual, parts list/diagram of how the parts go together, etc. It was easy to order them too. Buying the parts saved me 2 - 3 hundred dollars that I didn't have to spend on a new lawn edger."

"Complete morons, tried to order a repair kit for my Kenmore dryer. Called customer service, gave them model number for dryer. Repair kit arrives, I disassemble the dryer to access the parts I need, take off the worn parts, completely wrong kit. So now I have a disassembled dryer in my hallway. I call searspartsdirect back, "yes we sent you to wrong part", I give them the model # again, the location of the lint catcher and measure the size of the door opening. Second kit arrives, it's the exact same incorrect kit as the first! Call Sears back again, "yes we sent you the wrong part, again". Can you just make sure it's correct this time? "Yes we will", that'll be $37, how would you like to pay? Uh, my first kit was more expensive, so technically I have a credit, "well we need to get the two incorrect orders back first" Well I think because of the run around and the fact that my dryer is in pieces in the middle of my hallway you should ship this out no charge with the two ARS tags and we call it even. Nope, well send the ARS tags and I'll NEVER do business with your company again. You know what they say about bad service, that person will tell at least 10 people about the bad experience, good service they usually only tell 1 person."

modified review This review was modified by rmiles06 on April 13 2015 05:19:05 PM

"Their chat window doesn't put you in a chat with a real person. It only directs you to FAQ lists. Also, their 800 number shows hours until 10:30 pm CST but the recording says offices closed when I called multiple times at 9 pm CST on a regular weeknight. The recording on another customer service line says open until 11:00 pm yet I got this recording at 9 pm CST. Clearly, they don't want to talk to their customers! Are these guys really affiliated with Sears Roebuck? It took over 10 days to receive one of the items in my order even though it showed in stock. Never got any update on order status."

modified review This review was modified by ooftagoofta on April 08 2015 07:24:47 PM

"Stay Away from Sears Parts Direct. Sears Parts Direct lies about items the propose to have in stock and will not notify you when they realize they can not get the part or get it for the price quoted. Do not waste your time here. They appear to be nothing more than a third party link vendor. It took them 21 days to finally admit that the part we ordered is not available (through them anyway). This was after a quoted delivery date. Stay away - Do not waste time with Sears Parts Direct"

modified review This review was modified by skiharho on March 14 2015 08:21:45 AM

"The worst parts company ever. They take forever to ship and we have received the incorrect part several times. We first ordered a part in November to fix our snowblower. It is now March and we finally received the correct part to fix it. Winter is almost over. All the money we would have saved with a snowblower was used to pay snow plow bills. Never buying Sears equipment again."

modified review This review was modified by VTman on March 14 2015 08:06:38 AM

"Hi all. I just wanted to rant here for a moment. In the course of a year or so. I have had to call sears parts direct a few times. The people are always very nice and welcoming. I think they continue to be so nice always because they know they are about to rake you over the coals on the price. Example I had a sear riding lawn mower and needed a retaining washer a simple washer. They told me 12.95 plus shipping of like 4.99 I ended up going to a true value and got one for .42 cents. Also had a craftsman push mower needed a carburetor for it. Was told 86.00 plus shipping whet online an purchased one for 17.49 free shipping. I just got off the phone with them for an ice maker for my Kenmore elite fridge they told me 149.00 plus shipping and handling just bought a new one online for 42.00 free shipping. It’s terrible how they absolutely try and rob you on price. Now days I just call to confirm part # and remind them how much they are over charging. Anybody repairing something from sears save the dent in your wallet and shop online. SEARS is a RIP OFF on repair parts. "

modified review This review was modified by Mhoffer2006 on March 04 2015 01:19:04 PM

"Purchased Frigidaire dishwasher part on website 2/20 which showed part as Guaranteed Same Day Ship at checkout. Checked website for order status on 2/25 which showed as status as ordered and called 1-800 # and was told the order was never processed and they would get back to me in 24-48 hours. Called back on 2/26 and was told they would have to cancel the original order and place a new order free of charge which would ship the same day (of course no change to original credit card amount). Update on site on 2/28 shows In Process shipping in 1-2 business days arriving in 5-7 business days. I have ordered many parts online from other retailers and have never seen anything like this."

modified review This review was modified by jreznick on February 27 2015 12:27:16 PM

"Nothing's worse than being blatantly lied to. You can expect this from searspartsdirect. I called about a back ordered part and was told it was in stock. I asked to check because of the back order status and was told 3-5 times it was defentially in stock and would ship out. 11 days later and still no part, update, email... I call them and spent 35 minutes on the phone to be told the part was on back order. "

"I had a Kenmore washer lid switch replaced new on 08/24/2014. This was the first switch repair on this machine which was made in 1999.
I was charged $156.00 labor and $64.45 plus tax for a new switch.
On about 01/20/2015, less than five months later, this brand new switch broke.
I was charged the same as before. This time, I saved the broken, five month old switch. The old switch lasted from 1999 to 2014, some 15 years. Sears has a 90 day warranty.
This switch is made out of cheap, lightweight plastic. I showed it to a mechanical engineer I know at the U of Mn. He declared it was junk.
I am in the process of complaining to Sears about this switch.
Needless to say, I am unhappy with their product and service on this matter.

modified review This review was modified by bobb1234 on January 26 2015 03:44:34 PM

"poor customer service all they do is tell you what you want to hear.. don't have confidence in them buy some where else where they do backup what they say and sell"

modified review This review was modified by alex427ci on January 09 2015 03:15:09 PM

"Called Sears about a replacement part for my fridge, they said I couldn't buy the $2 piece of plastic instead I would be forced to buy the $60 assembly. This was well within the warranty period which Sears also said they would not honor because I didn't have the receipt. I didn't have the receipt because the appliance was in my home when I bought it in March of last year, never used brand new with all tags... just no receipt.

The first time I called the parts center and told them it should be under warranty the customer service representative tried to convince me that Kenmore and Sears were not affiliated companies and that I should contact Kenmore if I had an issue. "Pass the buck" should be Sears' motto.

Also, I tried to write this review on Sears' website and they continue to block it and say it isn't relevant to the product.

"I ordered new burner grates in November 2013 from Sears Parts Direct and in less than 6 months the paint was chipping and they began rusting to the point that they are just crumbling on my cooktop. I called Sears and after an hour of getting bounced from CS agent to CS agent I was promised a replacement set. Well that was three months ago and have not heard from them since...trying to call gain but really should I have to?"

modified review This review was modified by DisappointedCustomer2 on October 20 2014 07:37:09 AM

"Scam Scam Scam! Do not buy parts from them!! I ordered my part paid twice as much shopping as the actual cost of the part and received the part with NO screws and NO instructions when I emailed customer service they told me that they have a website where their customers can talk about their parts and get help. Wtf? How about sears parts direct provide their customers with what they need to install the part. I really wish I would have checked on this company before buying this part. Buyer Beware!! "

modified review This review was modified by Diytech on October 13 2014 05:35:55 AM

"Website showed items in stock, but never shipped after 3+ weeks. Was a hassle to cancel and get refund.

Needed a toolbox key ($4), but shipping was expensive ($9 SH), so I looked for other things to add to make it worth it. The key shipped, but the other items didn't. I waited weeks, since I actually could've used those items and the price wasn't bad. I called to check-up and they couldn't give an ETA and offered to do a nation-wide store search. Asked if I could cancel and get back part of my SH charge back along with the refund, and they said yes. Refund gets processed, but the quoted refund amount was $13 less than what I paid, so I figured the SH didn't get refunded. I called again to ask about the order, got put on hold for a long time and hung up on. Though I got the call about the refund being processed, my statement didn't show it after 2 days, so I call up again to confirm status and ask about the refund amount and the new CS rep asked to confirm if I received and kept the key (I did); I told her that the other rep said SH would be refunded, else I wouldn't have canceled if I knew the SH charges would remain. She reluctantly said the refund of SH would be processed and asked if I needed help with anything else, ending the call. I've been checking my statement and confirmed that I've received the original quoted refund ($13 less than what I paid), but no refund for the SH...

I'm upset that my trust got betrayed. Something with the Sears name shouldn't be this bad, I originally thought. After looking up what happened to Sears, apparently some big investor wants to destroy Sears to get the realty, as it's worth more than Sears as a retailer.

modified review This review was modified by Varaxis on September 29 2014 01:57:24 PM

"Horrible service, I ordered parts for a dishwasher after 4 calls to confirm date of delivery and changing time frame parts never showed up I called once to cancel the order and it never got refunded I'm on the phone as I am writing this review to cancel for a second time. I will not be using Sears parts again."

Share Sears PartsDirect's store rating

Sears PartsDirect is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears PartsDirect is not a merchant member
Sears PartsDirect does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!