Sears PartsDirCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I wish I'd looked sears parts direct site up on this site before I ordered a part for my washing machine. This was one of the few websites that showed the part as being instock, so I ordered thinking that Sears was hopefully a brand I could trust. I picked next day shipping since I found an online 10% off coupon which would help offset the $50 they wanted for next day shipping and the pile of laundry was just growing and we'd be running out of clean clothes in a few days.

I called the next day friday to confirm that they'd be shipping that day since the website showed my order in a strange state. The CSR tells me that they need to check with their supplier. I asked how they could show the part as in-stock on their website and not know if the supplier had it? The CSR said she'd e-mail me back in the afternoon with the status. I never got an e-mail.

I checked again on the Monday and the status just shows pending. I called and the CSR now tells me that the part is back-ordered for a month. I complained that they still showed the part as in-stock on the website. They offered to credit the next day shipping charges, but instead I just demanded the order be cancelled. I don't have time to waste with these type of companies.

As of Tuesday the order still shows as pending, I guess I'll have to call them again to confirm that the order is cancelled.

modified review This review was modified by neilsh on July 15 2014 08:47:35 AM

"Sears PartsDirect is a DISASTER. Don't walk away, run. There are many competing vendors for appliance parts.

The drain motor for my Kenmore Washer failed. Well I'll just go to Sears PartsDirect and get another one. I found the part on their web site but shipping formation was sketchy. I needed it Priority Mailed to my PO box in the Virgin Islands, so I called them.

Prompt answer, helpful efficient sales clerk and yes the part is in stock. I told him I needed it shipped Priority Mail to my Post Office Box and he said, "No problem, we'll ship priority". I gave him all the information, he quoted me a price and done. Less than ten seconds later I received a confirmation via email.

The first thing I noticed was $49.95 shipping and the second an incorrect address, my physical address where I have no delivery of anything.

I called back and after the phone tree got on line with a lady that informed me that they do not ship Priority Mail, my part was coming UPS 2nd day International Priority. I told her I didn't want that as even at that price UPS won't deliver. She said that's it. I said cancel the order, she said you can't do that, we've already sent the order to our supplier. I said fine, I'll have my credit card refuse charges. She said, you can't do that we already have your money.

I called AMEX and they confirmed that I could dispute the charges and not accept the merchandise.

I called Sears back and got another operator who said, well OK, we'll refund your shipping charges. I said cancel the order. She said can't do that and I went away.

Ordered the part from Appliance Clinic and received it four days later Priority Mail for $9.95 shipping.

Sears just today sent me shipping notification, a week after they took the order they refused to cancel. I'll burn in you know where before they keep my funds. This isn't poor customer service, it's a boiler room operation.

Sears is owned by a Hedge Fund Wall Street guy, Eddie Lampert and he is wrecking this American institution.

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT order from Sears Direct!

"original timer lasted 16 years on Sears Kenmore water softener. replacement part timer $179 plus tax and shipping from Sears Parts Direct only lasted 269 days. It failed while we were out of town and cost us $180 increase in our water bill. total loss $375. Don't buy Sears Parts Direct. They provide defective workmanship in their parts because they do not last."

modified review This review was modified by Searspartsdefective on October 24 2013 07:17:41 PM

"Ordered a couple of Dishwasher and Dryer parts from SearsPartsDirect they charged me sales tax on shipping. Never heard of any online vendor doing that. Called the customer center and tried to explain the issue the service rep had no knowledge of the tax rate for NJ and kept beating around the bush. I asked to be transferred to the manager she disconnected the phone.

What a rip-off!! Wonder how these companies remain in business.

modified review This review was modified by joybaka on October 05 2013 01:55:32 PM

"While ordering a new set of hinges for my washing machine, I was unsure of the quantity as the product photo showed two (2) hinges but the part description said "hinge". So, using the "Live Chat" feature I asked the representative to confirm the quantity. He said he thought the $16.99 price was for a pair (i.e. 2 each), but asked me to wait on hold for several minutes while he confirmed the quantity. When he came back on the line he said definitively the subject part number was comprised of a set of two (2) pieces. Needless to say, after paying $17 for the hinge and another $9 for shipping (a part which weighs less than one ounce) the package arrived with only one (1) hinge.
So much for customer service. Thanks a lot SearsPartsDirect, oh and thanks for outsourcing your customer service jobs to India!

modified review This review was modified by AK_james on August 27 2013 08:35:53 PM

"When part says in stock at time of order, one would expect the part to be in stock and ship in 1-2 business days. Instead more than 3 business days later part back-ordered. Called to find out how that could be. Told it was a computer glitch and should ship soon. Received email stating it had or was in process of being shipped. Received box with wrong mower deck and only a shell, not a complete deck. Called to report. Told UPS would pick up in next couple of days. 3 days and a weekend later still sitting on porch. I was told they would try to expedite the correct part. 3 business days later notified that part is back-ordered again. Called to verify this was accurate. Told est. ship date around 7/18. I really have no idea what to expect with all the misinformation and delays in notification. One business day should have been plenty to notify if product back-ordered. Either there is some major flaws in your ordering system, or intentional deceit to hold onto an order.

In the mean time, I sit, still without the part I need to maintain my large grass area. I could purchased the item from a business on ebay at a much lower price and had it on my tractor by now had I know Sears Parts Direct was going to have so many issues in fulfilling a part order.

It seems there inventory system is stuck in the 70's unable to provide accurate status. Very slow to notify customers of issues with very little confidence in the accuracy of the information you finally do receive.

I'd avoid unless time and money are of no concern.

"I placed an order on 7/11 online for an outer glass replacement for my oven. The part was listed as "in stock" on the site and was scheduled to arrive by 7/17. I called today when my tracking information says the glass is on "back order" and found out it will not be in until next Monday. I insisted on receiving expedited shipping at no additional cost because of their screw up and was told that they "can't do anything about it". Now I have to wait an additional week or more to use my oven when I could have ordered from somewhere else that knows what they're doing. You would think a ridiculous shipping price of $15.99 would cover expedited shipping to begin with. WORST customer service ever...DO NOT order from here. "

modified review This review was modified by upset1234 on July 15 2013 08:08:39 AM

"Just ordered a "Carburetor kit" from Sears PartsDirect because I considered Sears a fair and respectable company. A few minutes after submitting the order, I noticed that the cost (tax plus double the shipping cost of another vendor) was not in line and decided to cancel this Sears PartsDirect order. I spoke to Ramon (#40186) who immediately put in an order cancellation (attempt). "Afterwards", Ramon explained

1) that I would have to call back in two days to verify that the order was actually cancelled and
2) that I would not receive a full refund (it had only been a few minutes since the order had been placed).

I tried to explain to Ramon that I was not happy with this result and that he should have informed me of these two points prior to placing the order cancellation. Ramon then became rude and talked over me to inform me that I should have read all of the fine print prior to placing the order.
*Bottom-line: I guess that "Customer Service and Customer Respect" is no longer a priority with the Sears company.

modified review This review was modified by cyber.dog on July 08 2013 03:25:05 PM

"I placed an order for items that were "In Stock" on the site and my credit card was charged immediately. On my email receipt it also says "In Stock". But when I checked the status of my order it said "back ordered" and would ship in one week. In one week I phoned and was told it would be shipped that day. Two days later the status once again shows "back ordered" and is now scheduled to be shipped in another week. However the items still show as In Stock on the website. I called to cancel my order and was told no order can be cancelled once it is placed. So now I have a dispute with the credit card company. Do NOT order anything from Sears PartsDirect!"

modified review This review was modified by tncustomer on June 02 2013 06:41:16 AM

"Sears PartsDirect charges $8.00 to ship a part that is the size of 1/2 a dime and weighs 2.6
grams? If there is anyway I can ever get a part elsewhere, I will never use
Searsparts again. Matter of fact, I think I will avoid craftsman products altogether and
save the trouble. Ripoff !

modified review This review was modified by stardood on May 09 2013 05:59:53 AM

"On January 25, 2013 I purchased replacement timer part 3953248 for our Sears Kenmore Washer from Sears Parts Direct for $145.00. I installed the timer and it worked correctly for almost three months. Then one day the washer mysteriously stopped in mid cycle and the breaker switch to the laundry room was tripped. I could not repeat the problem but I replaced the breaker to be safe, thinking it might be bad. I did not suspect the timer in the washer as it was new. On May 5, 2013 the problem returned, but it appeared the breaker was not the problem but rather the new timer in the washer was causing a "short out" and tripping the breaker!

When I originally placed my order, I understood a new part to be under warranty for a year (at the very least). However, on May 5th when I called Sears Parts Direct Service line at 800-252-1698, I was told by a Manager named Dan that my part was just out of a "90 day warranty" and would not be replaced. He then implied that I was verbally told the part only had a 90 day warranty at the time of purchase (which I was not). If Sears was selling rebuilt or used parts, I could understand a 90 day warranty; however I bought this from Sears relying on them to provide reliable, new merchandise. In addition, I saved chats from two Sears agents before receiving this part. Neither Morgan Wood nor Vanessa H indicated anything about a 90 day warranty.

So now I have a washer that could potentially burn down my house caused by a defective part sold by Sears and they are unwilling to replace this hazard they sold to me. It is fortunate I discovered this problem before a fire occurred as it would have been the fault of Sears providing the cause. Clearly, Sears wants to avoid standing behind or replacing their defective parts. After reviewing the facts in this matter, it seems the right thing for Sears to do is replace the defective part. If they were to do this, would consider the matter closed. Otherwise, I believe it is important for every consumer to know about this type of disreputable business behavior and avoid doing business with Sears at any cost! It might prevent a tragedy!

modified review This review was modified by activenets on May 05 2013 04:35:26 PM

"Very poor customer service and bad parts matching. I asked to return a part they had match incorrectly at 120 days - 30 days past their policy, with original packaging etc. Customer service rep and supervisor were unhelpful and condescending. I had explained I had tried the return process on line and got no response from them. During the return period I found out my Mom had cancer and things had gotten a little busy for me, no help there. They basically accused me of lying that they matched my part incorrectly because they did not have a recording of my call? Seriously? I could have understood if they would have refused my request for a valid reason, but to do so in the manner they did after incorrectly matching the part in the first place was not fair business. Really stinks. Disappointed that this is part of the Sears brand. "

"Needed to order a switch for a Craftsman belt sander and the part I need is no longer available. Sander has seen VERY little use, and should not have any problems. They tried to offer me another part that is 1/2 the cost of a new sander! Come on it's a switch that costs only a few cent to make and should not fail under the limited use it had. (but they are willing to ship it for free if I subscribe to some BS water filter program.) Also several years back I purchased part for a tiller. THEY sent the wrong part and then I had to go through hell and back to try and get a refund. Almost all of my power tools and yard equipment is from Sears. If I could afford new equipment I would trash ALL of my Craftsman tools and start fresh. I'm done with Sears!"

"This is a general review. Their shipping speed is fantastic, even when you do not select priority shipping or expedited. We had to order replacement parts for our water softener (recycling timer) and a power supply for our Vizio television. The shipments came on time; actually, the water softener part came ahead of time! And, we got what we ordered...What can be best? FIVE STARS ON THAT!!! "

modified review This review was modified by Hispanam on January 28 2013 12:31:34 PM

"In a hurry, I ordered an Oven part from Sears parts. They showed they had it in stock. They charged $15.99 for a delivery estimate of 12 days. Being in a hurry, and being confident in the Sears name and their return policy, I paid more than from other online stores. Two days later I checked and the order showed as "not in stock - back ordered" and an estimated ship date of 2.5 months.
I called to have my order canceled. I was put off and had to finally ask for a manager. They told me they had to send my order cancellation to another department and they could no longer help me and that I'd be contacted in 3-5 business days.
Hope they're prompt. It's an expensive ($300) part. To their credit, They have a better return policy than most, which is another reason I went with them, but after this experience, I wonder if they back what they say. Also, their web-site failed for me when attempting to order using current version of Firefox.
p.s.
I checked again, and it still says "in stock"

I've since come to the conclusion that they have serious shipping system problems. They never did cancel my order. I DID get the part in a timely fashion (well, actually UPS never got it to me and Sears reshipped) but each time the status of the shipment and in stock status was wrong. The "re-shipment" due to UPS problem went like this: I got an email telling me the part was back ordered 2.5 months. I got the part the next day. I'd not touch Sears if I had to rely on their correct status.

modified review This review was modified by JTinNC on January 29 2013 03:52:24 PM

Sears PartsDirect is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears PartsDirect is not a merchant member
Sears PartsDirect does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!