• Sears Outlet /

Product & services pricing Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10

"We recently purchase a Kenmore refrigerator from a Sears Outlet store in Corona, Ca. We purchased a 5 year extended warranty feeling satisfied that if anything happened they would resolve the issue. It seemed like a good deal at the time but after about two months it started making a lot of noise and icing up in the freezer. It also stopped cooling. We called the repair number and asked for a service call. They gave us a date two weeks away. We were shocked. How could they let us down like this? We had to go and buy another refrigerator just to wait for the Sears service call. After two weeks they never showed up. They claim all their repairs are done by third party contractors and Sears is NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE REPAIR WORK. So we had to call the repair company to reschedule. I will never buy another thing from Sears."

This review was modified by NolongeraSearscustomer on September 21 2015 05:47:14 PM

" Two delivery men came into my girlfriends house last week for a scheduled delivery. She was alone. After entering and being what she described as "very rude and impolite" they found the valves to which they were going to hook up her new washing machine. After surveying the situation, they told her that hey could not install her washing machine because the valves in her wall had corrosion on them. (we later sought a second an third opinion, both were plumbers and neither found any corrosion on either valve. They explained it was simply paint and that the valves were in good condition) So after lying to her that the valves were corroded, they prompted that they would install the washer anyway if she gave them more money "off the books". After asking them to clarify what they meant and being told again that they would do what they came to do if she gave them extra money on the side, she told them to leave. They began to try a negotiate a price with her, to which she repeated that she wanted them out of her home. After they eventually left, he called me immediately telling me how intimidated and uncomfortable they made her feel in her own home. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to find out that your girlfriend who is a single mother was taken advantage of in her own home. It is unacceptable to say the least. On top of that, after filing multiple reports with sears and their 3rd party delivery service i got a very nonchalant email reply telling me to let SEARS know when she gets the valves fixed so that they can send another delivery team out. And oh yeah, offered us a $50 gift card. What a joke. The behavior of the delivery men was completely unacceptable and the response from SEARS has been almost non existent. Its 2015 and a single mother can even have a product from a company as big as SEARS delivered to her home with out being taken advantage of by the intimidating, money hungry delivery men....working for the delivery service that SEARS employs. i rate them at a negative 10, all parties would have been better off if this interaction had never happened, and we had taken our business elsewhere in the first place. So if you are a female, or any person who is not trying to get schemed don't shop with SEARS."

"Worst experience I have ever had purchasing online!
The item they were selling and I ordered was not even in stock, but they didn't inform me for about 2 days after the order and using my $ and I am still unable to use it to purchase the item somewhere else....
Customer service extremely poor and unable to help - of course the is no manager available to speak to....!

This review was modified by silvie_2545 on August 31 2015 08:27:31 AM

"After buying from SEARS Outlet, I am in deep regret. Worse experience ever with a department store. They sell junk! and expect you to keep it. Spent over $700 for a broken washer! Unbelieveable. I read bad reviews and didn't expect it to happen to me, well I was wrong!

I have reported to the BBB and Federal Trade Commision.

I will recommend you do the same if you have been cheated out of your money. SEARS Outlet, professional scam artist, will rob you blind.

Sell Broken Products + 3 Day Return Policy = SCAM

This review was modified by avoidsearsoutlet on July 27 2015 12:18:43 PM

"Absolutely terrible. Avoid at all costs. I have fought with them for the past 2 weeks about my washing machine and I keep being lied to. I couldn't tell you about the product because I don't think it even exists!! I would give zero stars if possible."

"I ordered a floor model freezer (like new condition) on the website and had it shipped to me. When it reached my local warehouse they called saying it had been damaged in shipment - they banged up the stainless steel front - and did I still want it? I said no and they cancelled the order. But now they tell me I have to arrange for a refund from the store where they shipped it from - that I never set foot in and don't live anywhere near - and they don't know where the freezer is so they won't issue the refund. Mind you I NEVER had possession of this freezer but they're holding my money while they look for it. Very unprofessional. "

This review was modified by Candace62 on July 04 2015 01:53:49 PM

"We were encouraged to buy the MP plan before 30 days was up on our kenmore fridge from the outlet center. LONG story short, after it was delivered with the control panel not working, repaired 3 times ( the last repair person also broke the compressor while here) the deemed it unrepairable. Time for a brand new replacement right? After all that is what the Master Protection plan agrees to!

NO - we were told our manufactures warranty trumps our Master protection plan for a full year. Which means...no new fridge. We have to take our broken fridge back and use that money as a credit towards another outlet fridge. What is the point of buying the master protection plan? If it just means I am needlessly double covered? This is ridiculous....we are going on 30 days and counting now and I will NEVER buy from sears again.

On top of that when I called last Friday to process a replacement for our fridge I was told by an employee that it would take 48 hours to process and get our money. We woke up the next day realizing the compressor had gone out and my wife called (on Friday) and asked if they could expedite the replacement money so we could get a fridge since the repair person broke the compressor and we had a warm fridge. They said it hadnt been processed until that morning and it wouldnt be until Wednesday that they could have the money ready. We called today and was on the phone for 2 hours with the only knowledgable representative we have spoken to. And she said there weren't any notes in the system at all and then told us about how the manufactures warranty trumps the Master Protection Plan.

My family is coming into town tonight for a full week from out of state and we won't have a fridge. BEYOND FRUSTRATED. This has taken 30 days to get to this point.

"I would NEVER use a Sears Outlet again. I had a TERRIBLE customer experience at their Galleria-Alpha Road store in Dallas. I was told I was a liar, hung up on twice, and was told “I am done with you” by their General Manager (Rusty). I know my temper was high and I was not fully composed – but as an employee representing a store brand, I do not think it is a good idea to yell at someone, call them liar, hang up on them and state you are “done” with them. Not only was the fridge I ordered delivered BROKEN, Sears seemed very reluctant to work with me to repair. I also purchased a washer and dryer and told I could pick up at the “Sears Warehouse in Grapevine and yes they are open on Saturday”. Upon driving to the location & finding it closed, calling the Sears warehouse and CALLING the Sears Outlet Alpha Road store (the original purchase store) I was told by each that the warehouse was indeed closed. After several back and forth calls, I was done and no longer wished to purchase the washer and dryer but would rather find a better store to purchase from. I asked them to cancel the order. Not FIVE minutes later, the sales manager from the store left me a voicemail stating that they had given me the WRONG ADDRESS THE ENTIRE TIME and I could still go pick up my items. Therefore, they had not canceled my order liked I had requested. It took me driving to the store and meeting them in person to get my refund.
The WORST part of the entire situation? The Sales Manager firmly told me this was the same level of customer service that Lowe’s or Home Depot would provide to me. Well, I find that very hard to believe seeing as that SAME DAY after 2 pm I drove to Lowe’s and was able to purchase, deliver, install, and run my first load of clothes all in the SAME DAY by 9 pm. It was super easy with wonderful customer service. So it may just be me, but I do not believe that LOWE’S would appreciate a SEARS sales manager stating they provide the same level of customer service. I may just call Lowes and ask.
I am also STILL waiting to receive a call from Karen Johnson, who I was told is the District Manager and would be calling to resolve the issue herself and get my feedback.

"Worse customer service ever. My dad purchased samsung washing machine and LG dryer for my parents' anniversary. The sales associate said it works perfectly and that as long as we purchase extended warranty we can get anything fixed. My dad brought it home, we hired an installer to install it. He came over and told us that there are parts missing and wiring issues and we need to call samsung. Samsung sent a mechanic and he also told us there are multiple issues with the machine and that Sears should have not sold this machine to anyone. The mechanic told us to call Sears and ask for replacement since we purchased it from Sears. I called Sears 1) the customer representative does not speak fluent English- I had such a headache trying to figure out her accent and what she is saying 2) she told me, there's nothing Sears can do and that we should call directly with samsung. Long story short, I called samsung and they said they will send the document to Sears- and Sears still haven't taken any action. Whenever I call the sales representative says they cannot disclose anything so far since the decision has not yet made...
This is ridiculous, troublesome and I'm getting irritable not only because of the washing machine but because of the way Sears are doing their business. It's simply awful service! I will never ever buy anything from Sears Outlet or Sears every again!

This review was modified by sohyunahn01 on April 17 2015 09:34:49 PM

"4/13/15 I find an out of the box DW that states it has a dent & scratch but has been tested. They even posted pics of the actual item. Not bad I said to myself--its worth the long drive to pick it up. Not the best brand or one with greatest reviews but its what we wanted to spend. Being that I am a quadriplegic & in a power wheelchair having a DW with a dent & scratch was no biggie.My husband got home & I handed him the receipt , explained to him I found a great deal on a DW that has a dent & scratch on the front & asked when he could drive to Naperville, ILto pick up our new DW. He left pretty quickly after we called & asked if it was ready to go. 2LONG hrs in construction traffic & toll $ he arrives. He sees our model DW we purchased & sees a strange looking dent & tells the kid that must be ours. He starts to load it up on the dolly & is stopped by the woman up front, redirected him to a different one .My husband was a little confused because this one was covered in damage, he even asked the guy why the paperwork as well as on the website did it say a dent & scratch but then its so severely damaged. The guys actually says "this happens all the time, that's why they don't like the online shopping, the pics & descriptions arent accurate & customers come in to pick their item up & its completely different. My husband asked him to note it had additional damage & he didn't dare leave without it after such a long drive & wasn't sure what to think of the entire transaction. He gets home & I cannot believe what I am looking at.This thing has 12+ dents, both bottom corners are bent up and in causing it to be concave, there is damage on the control panel as well as the kicker plate is ruined. I could not believe they would deceive their customers into driving all the way there to pick up an item to have them leave with something that isn't even close to what they paid for. So I immediately contacted customer service -2X==no one ever answered me. So I went to their FB page & explained how they did a bait-n-switch on us because they know ppl arent going to drive all that way & leave w/o something. I get a comment back on fb asking for order#, date of purchase, store info. Then I get a 2nd comment asking for me to email them-I do right away.Then they ask for a phone #--isn't this why they have all our pertinent info on the receipt????? I just got a call from the STORE where we purchased it--where they told us this happens all the time. This guy says hes not the manager, that the manager is new so he was trying to help. He continued to say that it was not deceitful, & says hes trying to help me, do us a favor. NEVER did he say he wanted to make it right. I tell him just send us a different front panel ( Im not expecting it to be NEW , he says OH NO we cant do that but he continues to refer to how much we spent on it) I tell him just send the other front panel that was on the other DW that fit the description--he says he cant do that--we are out of their delivery range. Then I suggest sending it FEDEX or UPS he says the cant do that. He says we can do an exchange for something in that price range but we have to take it back to their store. MIND you they sold an item online w/pics & a description but gave us one that looks like its been in a hail storm. This guy tells me that this unit has been sitting around for a long time & the problem is the pics arent updated & the item was probably moved around & had additional damage. So he admits it was in bad shape but wants us to bring it to him & "we will work something out" is what he says. He gets mad when I tell him he isn't suppose to be calling me as a favor or to help me, he is to be calling to do the right thing--make it right because they deceived a customer. Then he says we can just do a refund-I said that's fine just pick it up & give me my money back. He said they cant do that. ARE WE SURE THIS IS A SEARS STORE??? I thought SEARS was all about high quality customer service. This guy doesn't care. He says Im being unreasonable and hes just trying to help & is going to have the manager take care of it and call me. So now a customer is being unreasonable when they buy an item online that they expect to receive it & they don't. Makes not one bit of sense. This is a classic case of bait-n-switch. They get you to the store & hope when you arent happy then you will be willing to upgrade--they make more & then try to do a hard sell for a extended warranty on top of it. WHY CANT THEY JUST GIVE US A PANEL that is what it says it is-a dent & a scratch on it.??? And send us a new kicker plate because it wasn't suppose to be damaged & we will call it even , even though the control panel even has damage. This is ridiculous & I will make sure everyone hears all about it. JUST DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by maedean5 on April 16 2015 05:39:21 PM

"SearsOutlet.com is incapable of processing orders or executing delivery. It is useful for a preliminary check of potential inventory if you intend to go visit the store to inspect and pickup the item in person.

First, I attempted to order an item (wall oven) and that transaction was cancelled by SearsOutlet.com as being out of stock.

Next, I attempted to ordern another item (wall oven) and that transaction was confirmed as being a different model. I then informed SearsOutlet.com that I would not want the item since it was incorrect. I was told that the item would be cancelled. Next, I received an email informing me that the item was out for delivery. I called and again, the item was to be cancelled.

Finally, I succeeded in ordering an item from them (wall oven). It was scheduled for delivery on April 1st. On March 30, I inquired with customer support at SearsOutlet.com whether it would be delivered. That person couldn't answer. Eventually, I contacted the store and given someone in the warehouse who indicated that it had shipped. It had not.

Without communicating to me, Sears then scheduled delivery of the item for a time when I wasn't home.

They simply are not capable of processing online orders, nor of communicating in an effective manner. They give conflicting information at every turn. It is simply unacceptable and entirely undependable.

"I bought a Oven on Feb 28 a 30" electric, they delivered the wrong one on March 10th. I have been trying to get them to deliver me the correct model since. Worst experience ever. I cannot believe this, the oven they delivered is not even a 30". The only options they give me is a total refund, or to buy a new Item and I pay the difference. The manager admitted the item was mis-tagged, and even said they would have to buy me a new one, with them eating the difference plus. Now the manager will not return my calls, he will have a supervisor call me. I also called Sears corporate, they said that because the outlets are franchised they cannot do anything to help me."

This review was modified by Djaru on March 24 2015 12:42:40 PM

"We bought a reconditioned Kenmore Elite refrigerator and paid for premium delivery which includes set up. When delivered, the frig was dirty on the inside and outside and smelled. The bottom drawer was wobbly like it was broken and the Sears customer service claimed no record of the delivery charge broken down to show I had indeed paid the the extra money on top of regular delivery to have it installed. They also insisted that delivery and hook up weren't even an option since the delivery company, they claim aren't equip to install even though it is a delivery option when purchasing online. The delivery men delivers the dirty, broken product and left."

This review was modified by branimarlin on March 23 2015 09:04:43 AM

"HORRIBLE. Shame on Sears. Placed order for 2 Samsung pedestals, paid via Paypal. Instead of charging me when items shipped, they charged me right away. Problem is, they didn't have them in stock. So they cancel my order and now they claim "issues" with getting my money back to me via PayPal. I will be telling every last person I know of that Sears is taking absolutely crook-like approaches to getting money from people, and hanging on to it as long as possible. Cheap loan. Absolutely incredible how these crooks are still doing business."

This review was modified by bdhig on March 13 2015 08:13:05 PM

"Wish I had found this review site first. Placed an order for a vacuum cleaner and my credit card was charged right away. One month later, after 6 phone calls trying to get my ordered cancelled and refunded, (getting the run-around each time), I finally spoke to a manager who gave me a refund for the vacuum cleaner I never received. Never shopping here again."

This review was modified by jonnylongtorso on February 26 2015 06:07:43 AM

Share Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC's store rating

Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC is not a merchant member
Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!