Product & services pricing Rating 6.14/10 6.14/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I was frustrated as I had found the best prices for appliances at the Sears Outlet - had made purchases that were amazing deals such as a wall oven and microwave for around $1600 less with some small superficial scratches on the handles...and I felt everything was turning into a fiasco especially as it felt like the call centers were giving me the run around and then posted on this site some regional manager gave his phone number for help and then things went AMAZING. The handles were sent for a switch to new and now the $1600 off floor model was like new... I called the regional guy from the mid west and he gave me the north and mid Atlantic regional guys so I now do my good turn and leave their names and emails here, Philip Todd for NE PhilipW.todd@shos.com and Edward.Klepk@shos.com
for Md-Atlantic. I await the new glass for the microwave but these guys gave me white glove care and treatment as I was remodeling my kitchen and buying everything - unbelievable immediate response and follow through Sears should be proud because it shows they are a company with a long entrenched history in appliances and could be the favored go to sire esp. the outlet for deals as they ship across country from these outlets and you can usually get photos and connected to the local store for exactly the nature of these very discounted appliances which often is minor cosmetic sometimes and sometimes nothing at all... I have been very pleased after a rough start but the deals are better then anywhere I have seen!

modified review This review was modified by ajbdesign on January 21 2015 05:23:46 AM

"I ordered a gas stove from sears outlet It came and was way more damaged than they said on the website. I spent 3 hrs on the phone with people who could hardly speak English and all they were doing was reading a script. Handled they are replacing but the door they can't and keep telling me I have to suck it up and order a different stove because they don't have this one anymore. I wanted this stove not a different one.

The stove functions fine it is just not pretty. I will not shop at sears outlet again. They are so hard to deal with and all they do is transfer you to differenty people who have no clue.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor they told me they don't have any over them that they are the end of the line for complaints. In all my years I have never heard such a thing that they have no one to take care of complaints.

Stay away and buy somewhere else for less problems and better customer service.

modified review This review was modified by pattybug on January 14 2015 08:50:03 AM

"Placed order for new refrigerator for office on Wednesday, was going to be a delivery from a local outlet store. Received a call stating it will be delivered Monday. Called Monday asking when I should expect it, and they said it actually won't be until Tuesday (wasn't too mad at this point yet.) Went home from work around 3 that day (co-workers still at office waiting for it) and when I came in Wednesday morning to put my food in the fridge, I saw it was not there. Checked voicemail and Sears Outlet left on at 9am Wednesday morning saying delivery is delayed. Well no shit I could've told you that: There is no fridge here. They had no new estimte on date. Cancelled the order and purchased from Best Buy. Received an email from the outlet store saying my Fridge will be delivered SATURDAY. Emailed her back saying I cancelled the order and to please confirm. NO REPLY. Sent email to the Sears outlet cust. service email. NO REPLY> Received a call from delivery man on FRIDAY asking if I am home to deliver the fridge. Are you freaking kidding me??!!! Sent 3 emails to each address and called customer service. They eventually stopped calling about the delivery. NOT THE MENTION....the website did not work when I ordered and the man that took down the item number and card information for payment an ddelivery address...took 28 MINUTES TO TAKE DOWN THIS INFORMATION. Complete waste of my time. Had bad experience at an actual store location a few weeks before. WILL NEVER ORDER OR BUY FROM SEARS OUTLET.

Just received yet ANOTHER CALL asking when is a good delivery time.... 1 Hour after I posted this review.

"I liked the way a previous customer told his story, I am going to copy:

11/28/2014 I placed an order for a refrigerator. It was supposed to be delivered in 2-3 weeks. My credit card was charged $ 895.57
11/29/2014
11/30/2014
12/01/2014 I reviewed the status of my order in the website, and the order was "Processing", and the Item Status "Ready for Pickup"
12/03/2014
12/04/2014 ... I should wait ... they said 2-3 weeks
...
12/08/2014
12/09/2014
12/10/2014 I reviewed the status of my order in the website, and the order was "Processing", and the Item Status "Ready for Pickup". I decide to call to ask for an estimated delivery day. They inform that "MY ORDER WAS CANCELLED". They did not have the item in inventory. The never notified me ... I complain and they offer me to replace my order for another one. I saved some dollars because -for the apology- they offered me a discount. My credit card was charged $804.56.

12/10/2014 I checked online the status of my second order and realized that the item they sold me to replace my order was "Reconditioned". I called to cancel the order and see if they have a "New" one. The found one! I was charged $788.57 in my credit card.

12/11/2014 I checked online the status of my third order and it seems to be OK. Since I learned that the website status is not reliable, I called to ask for an estimated delivery date. Surprise! My third order was CANCELLED! They were kidding! it's a joke! They receive orders, charge the credit cards and use to CANCEL the orders.

I asked to talk to a Supervisor ... somebody is trying to solve. Mario will call me in 1 one with an answer ... they told me 2 hour ago. I call Mario and nobody answers. The 5th call somebody answers ... Mario is not there ...

Yes, I know ... it's MY fault, for expecting them to solve their DISASTER. Now, let's see how I can get back my $2,488.

"AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WOULD ADVISE DO NO BUY ONLINE FROM SEARS. I purchased a wall oven that indicated no dents or scratches. On day of delivery they called to say the oven was damaged and I declined to accept it. I called customer service to request another oven but to do so they would have to refund the money in 3 to 5 business days and debit my account immediately in order to send another oven. I said no way, you can't tie up $2500 and I have no stove, just go ahead an refund my money. Today is one week and I called to follow-up on my refund, only to find out it was never processed and I will have to wait another 3-5 days (total 10 days for my money). Really Sears?!!!!"

"I have been anxiously awaiting my new $2600 pillow top bed to be delivered for two weeks for the scheduled delivery day. It finally came and to my complete disappointment the bed was delivered with the padding in the pillow top completely lumped and bunched together in a mound in the middle of the bed. We tried shaking it on its side and it will only move around the bed. This bed isn't even useable and customer service will not replace it! The delivery men told me to call customer service, and customer service said the delivery men should have noticed it. Apparently this doesn't qualify as visual damage. I demanded a manager and they wouldn't even connect me to one. I am horrified at my experience with Sears. I was more excited about this item than anything I've purchased so far and I am very unhappy. Sears outlet has tricky hidden rules and won't help you when they deliver faulty items!"

"I purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer from the Sears Outlet store in San Leandro, CA. I bought it on Black Friday, November 28, 2014. At that time we had a truck rental due to the fact that my minivan was in the shop. We picked up the items and installed them on Sunday, November 30th. The dryer from that point would not get hot. We called the service department and a technician could not come out until Tuesday, December 2, 2014. We were told that the appliances were fine it had to be our vent and we should call someone out to clean it. The same day we had someone come out at a cost of $165.00 to clean the vent. We started a load of clothes in the dryer and guess what, NO HEAT. We called the service department again this time they could not come until Friday. We were told that if we wanted another dryer we would have to bring the one we just purchased back or pay for delivery. Now my husband and I are both disabled. We were fortunate to have someone unload the washer and dryer for us and install them for free. Now we have no one to uninstall, move and bring back the broken items to the store. I would have to hire a moving service to do the job. I feel the $165.00 dollars they told me to spend to have my vents cleaned should suffice for them bringing a new dryer out. This is the worst store in the world. The managers will not come to the phone or reply to phone calls. Do no buy from them, period! The real stores are disconnected from the outlet stores so they can't help you at all. This is a nightmare. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THE OUTLET IN SAN LEANDRO CALIFORNIA."

"Purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer. On the day of delivery, I get a call saying the washer was broken and could not be delivered. I cancelled the order. I went to the Denver Sear Outlet store and received no help from the completely worthless sales ladies. (Any other store would have made every effort to locate another washer and dryer to replace the canceled order and would have tried to satisfy me.) They said they might be getting some LG's the next day, but had no idea of models or prices. I had asked if they could call the Lonetree Outlet store to verify stock of what I had pulled from their Web site. No, she could not do that. I drove to Lonetree and found they DID NOT have the stock that was listed on their Web page. The Sears Outlet Stores have zero customer service, zero inventory control and poor point of sale terminals."

modified review This review was modified by Denverite on October 30 2014 08:28:00 AM

"ordered washer and dryer from searsoutlet.com. the dryer was delivered after 2 weeks with no problem. washer was canceled after 2 weeks for missing legs - delivery unable to install. I was told to start the process from the beginning which I did. re-selected, re-scheduled delivery for 10 days after. on the day of expected delivery - after waiting for over 4 hours we were told they could not deliver for their truck could not make the turn onto our narrow street. the driver was very rude. said they would deliver next week in small truck. took time off to wait again - no call no show. after we checked they said they would deliver in two days - completely unapologetic about wasting our time again. 2 days later they called to let us know they can deliver but unable to install because the unit had no legs... I have called Sears and spent 2 hours on the phone trying to patiently help them to help us and deliver a washer without going through the same process again. I moved up through levels of their "solutions" department all the way to national (non)solutions. I was told by all that their hands were tight, I can order again on line and wait for delivery ... I have given them numerous chances to fix this and they have repeatedly declined... I am done with sears for good. this really was the worst appliance purchase experience of my life."

modified review This review was modified by pavelh on October 23 2014 12:18:13 PM

"9/21/2014 Appliance purchased on searsoutlet.com. Scheduled for delivery 9/27
9/22/2014
9/23/2014
9/24/2014
9/25/2014
9/26/2014 Received delivery window
9/27/2014 Informed that appliance was not at warehouse. No delivery made.
9/28/2014 Visited store, picked another appliance, started new transaction. Scheduled for delivery 10/4
9/29/2014
9/30/2014
10/1/2014
10/2/2014
10/3/2014 Received delivery window
10/4/2014 Informed that appliance was not at store. No delivery made.
10/5/2014
10/6/2014 Wrong appliance delivered. New transaction created, new appliance selected from Richmond, VA store. Scheduled for delivery 10/8
10/7/2014 Received delivery window
10/8/2014 Informed that appliance was not at store. No delivery made. Still waiting for call back from store on further updates.

modified review This review was modified by shalakom on October 08 2014 03:21:11 PM

"I ordered a 27" microwave/oven combo from the WI store and the website gave me an option to deliver ($212). I called the store and spoke with the sales guy and he looked it over and made me comfortable enough to buy it. I completed the order immediately after the call. Now, I get a canceled confirmation that the item is not in the store - sold. I bet if I call WI, the item is still there. The sales guy said normally they don't ship - someone else comes and gets it to ship.

It is just a huge waste of time. Assuming it was a display model new and working, it would cost $3300 and my delivered cost would be $2100. That's a great savings....but my time is money and the aggravation of this one order will never have me buy from them again.

Why operate a website with delivery options? If you want to run outlet stores that is in-store only, then don't advertise stuff. It's a shame that an old brand like Sears is headed down the path to bankruptcy....well, Sears, I tried to buy from you.

modified review This review was modified by cashmccall on October 07 2014 07:34:30 AM

Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC User

"We spent $1695.83 on a washer/dryer... assuming they'd be in perfect condition and would last us for some time due to the fact they were new, Whirlpool, and high efficiency. From day one, we've had nothing but a bad experience. First, upon delivery, the washer didn't want to run hot water, and the dryer wasn't blowing hot air. Somehow the washer managed to fix itself, and after having my fiance and the installation guys play around with the dryer, it started to work. Then we noticed something that looked like permanent dirt in the bottom of the washer, along the edges of it. At this point, we'd only used it once. It's been 6 months, and the stuff is still there. We took pictures of it the first time we noticed it. The dryer also came without the feet the day it was delivered, so every time we used it, it moved. Then our towels started ripping because they would get caught on the plastic part that covers the lint holder. A technician came out to fix that issue, and to install the feet. Yesterday the rubber circle which goes around the window on the dryer door fell off while the dryer was in use, got tangled within our clothes, stretched itself and my shirt out, and now the dryer won't dry without saying "check vent" along with the hot air escaping. I already put in a service call, but the earliest they can come is Saturday. It's Wednesday today. I have two little kids, laundry that's piling up, and I have to wait till Saturday until I can use my dryer. NONE of this is acceptable. We did not waste almost $1700 on BRAND NEW units to have two service calls needed within 6 months of purchase. If that had been the case, I would have taken my parent's 10 year old washer/dryer for free... units that have never needed any repairs during the last decade. I called the Elgin (Illinois) Sears Outlet store and spoke to Scott, the assistant manager, who just repeated the same thing over and over again. He's sorry for my troubles, the service tech will come out and fix the issue (free for now, but what happens after the year is up and we have to start paying for them to come out here?), and there's nothing else he can do because we didn't purchase the extended warranty. I DON'T CARE IF WE DIDN'T PURCHASE THE WARRANTY. Not only did we get machines which have given us trouble from the start, but they've also ruined some towels and a shirt. I can't comprehend how a company can sell items like this, and then just offer a bogus apology and a simple "our tech will fix it" answer, then expect the customer to go about their business.

"Beware! This is a scam website. I placed an order for some tools. The total was $19.30 including $6.25 shipping. I used Paypal to pay. I took a screen shot immediately before placing the order and it showed $19.30. I then received a confirmation email from Paypal for $38.30. I went to check my order on the Sears Outlet website and found that after submitting the order, they raised the shipping to $25. They are scammers. I had to open a dispute with Paypal.

Update: I was able to find a phone number for Sears Outlet on a consumer rip off website. I called and got them to cancel the order. They said I was overcharged for shipping and wanted to just reduce it to what it was supposed to be. Suspecting I would never get my items, I told them to cancel it. The woman said she would and then hung up on me. I received several cancellation emails but they have not refunded my money to Paypal. I emailed them a couple days ago and they said they would look into this.

Update: To date I still have not received a refund from Searsoutlet.com. They keep lying and stalling. Opened a complaint with the BBB to see if that helps. Found an article dated May 15, 2014 saying Sears in burning through money, closing stores, and will be going out of business. That explains their scamming nature.

modified review This review was modified by Scott1 on October 21 2014 02:25:06 PM

"Ordered item online did not ship for close to a month. Contacted CS and was told I would have a tracking number in 72 hours. Nothing was ever sent and they canceled my order without refunding my payment. Was told via phone chat most of what they "show" online is not actually what they have in stock and often they do not have the products they list."

modified review This review was modified by se7en0 on March 17 2014 01:15:16 PM

"Why I will NEVER shop at a Sears Outlet Ever Again:

I work for the Federal Government and our 9th floor break room has 2 refrigerators - 1 dead and 1 dying. The government only gives us space for a break room, but they do not supply appliances. I collected funds to buy new refrigerators. Even before I had the funds, I had gone to the Sears Outlet and looked at what they had. As I approached the purchase point (Monday), I went BACK to Sears Outlet to ask them if there was a problem using the tax exempt certificate I had (the equipment is being used in a government owned building). The response was no - no problem. I then pointed out that I could "bid" on the same products they have on-line, but can't complete the purchase on-line. Will you give me the bid price? Not a problem, I was told. Okay - and we can get a 5% discount if we use a Sears card? That is right.

I actually leave work early the next day, Tuesday, to purchase the refrigerators. The store manager waits on me (this is a different store manager from Monday) and advises me that I cannot get the on-line price. I can only get that price if I complete the purchase on-line. I once again explain that I can't purchase on-line due to tax exempt. She says there is nothing she can do. I also explain that we are paying with a Sears card to get the 5% discount. When I ask if there is anyone I can talk to about the on-line discount price, she has someone else give me a phone number for SearsOutlet.com.

After being on hold for over 20 minutes with the ".com" number, I finally decide that I will give up the on-line discount and just buy the two refrigerators I wanted. Tax Exempt and the 5% discount will be okay, Not happy, but okay. So, she rings me up, gives us the 5% discount, but when I point out that there is tax charged and show her the tax exempt certificate I had (and I am wearing my ID Badge), she tells me they can only do tax exempt if paying with a company credit card or company check. That was the straw. I left. 8.25% on a $900 + purchase is substantial.

Went to Lowe's, bought the same 2 refrigerators (now new and not scratch and dent refurbished) for a little more, but no hassle on payment/tax exempt AND free delivery. Will have to wait for one of the refrigerators to come in on order, but a 1,000% better experience than Sears Outlet. Yea for Lowe's! Boo for Sears Outlet. You have been warned.

modified review This review was modified by bjfnord on January 28 2014 07:22:35 PM

Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC is not a merchant member
Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!