• Sears Outlet /

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.59/10 0.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.67/10 0.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.59/10 0.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10

"Worse customer service ever. My dad purchased samsung washing machine and LG dryer for my parents' anniversary. The sales associate said it works perfectly and that as long as we purchase extended warranty we can get anything fixed. My dad brought it home, we hired an installer to install it. He came over and told us that there are parts missing and wiring issues and we need to call samsung. Samsung sent a mechanic and he also told us there are multiple issues with the machine and that Sears should have not sold this machine to anyone. The mechanic told us to call Sears and ask for replacement since we purchased it from Sears. I called Sears 1) the customer representative does not speak fluent English- I had such a headache trying to figure out her accent and what she is saying 2) she told me, there's nothing Sears can do and that we should call directly with samsung. Long story short, I called samsung and they said they will send the document to Sears- and Sears still haven't taken any action. Whenever I call the sales representative says they cannot disclose anything so far since the decision has not yet made...
This is ridiculous, troublesome and I'm getting irritable not only because of the washing machine but because of the way Sears are doing their business. It's simply awful service! I will never ever buy anything from Sears Outlet or Sears every again!

modified review This review was modified by sohyunahn01 on April 17 2015 09:34:49 PM

"4/13/15 I find an out of the box DW that states it has a dent & scratch but has been tested. They even posted pics of the actual item. Not bad I said to myself--its worth the long drive to pick it up. Not the best brand or one with greatest reviews but its what we wanted to spend. Being that I am a quadriplegic & in a power wheelchair having a DW with a dent & scratch was no biggie.My husband got home & I handed him the receipt , explained to him I found a great deal on a DW that has a dent & scratch on the front & asked when he could drive to Naperville, ILto pick up our new DW. He left pretty quickly after we called & asked if it was ready to go. 2LONG hrs in construction traffic & toll $ he arrives. He sees our model DW we purchased & sees a strange looking dent & tells the kid that must be ours. He starts to load it up on the dolly & is stopped by the woman up front, redirected him to a different one .My husband was a little confused because this one was covered in damage, he even asked the guy why the paperwork as well as on the website did it say a dent & scratch but then its so severely damaged. The guys actually says "this happens all the time, that's why they don't like the online shopping, the pics & descriptions arent accurate & customers come in to pick their item up & its completely different. My husband asked him to note it had additional damage & he didn't dare leave without it after such a long drive & wasn't sure what to think of the entire transaction. He gets home & I cannot believe what I am looking at.This thing has 12+ dents, both bottom corners are bent up and in causing it to be concave, there is damage on the control panel as well as the kicker plate is ruined. I could not believe they would deceive their customers into driving all the way there to pick up an item to have them leave with something that isn't even close to what they paid for. So I immediately contacted customer service -2X==no one ever answered me. So I went to their FB page & explained how they did a bait-n-switch on us because they know ppl arent going to drive all that way & leave w/o something. I get a comment back on fb asking for order#, date of purchase, store info. Then I get a 2nd comment asking for me to email them-I do right away.Then they ask for a phone #--isn't this why they have all our pertinent info on the receipt????? I just got a call from the STORE where we purchased it--where they told us this happens all the time. This guy says hes not the manager, that the manager is new so he was trying to help. He continued to say that it was not deceitful, & says hes trying to help me, do us a favor. NEVER did he say he wanted to make it right. I tell him just send us a different front panel ( Im not expecting it to be NEW , he says OH NO we cant do that but he continues to refer to how much we spent on it) I tell him just send the other front panel that was on the other DW that fit the description--he says he cant do that--we are out of their delivery range. Then I suggest sending it FEDEX or UPS he says the cant do that. He says we can do an exchange for something in that price range but we have to take it back to their store. MIND you they sold an item online w/pics & a description but gave us one that looks like its been in a hail storm. This guy tells me that this unit has been sitting around for a long time & the problem is the pics arent updated & the item was probably moved around & had additional damage. So he admits it was in bad shape but wants us to bring it to him & "we will work something out" is what he says. He gets mad when I tell him he isn't suppose to be calling me as a favor or to help me, he is to be calling to do the right thing--make it right because they deceived a customer. Then he says we can just do a refund-I said that's fine just pick it up & give me my money back. He said they cant do that. ARE WE SURE THIS IS A SEARS STORE??? I thought SEARS was all about high quality customer service. This guy doesn't care. He says Im being unreasonable and hes just trying to help & is going to have the manager take care of it and call me. So now a customer is being unreasonable when they buy an item online that they expect to receive it & they don't. Makes not one bit of sense. This is a classic case of bait-n-switch. They get you to the store & hope when you arent happy then you will be willing to upgrade--they make more & then try to do a hard sell for a extended warranty on top of it. WHY CANT THEY JUST GIVE US A PANEL that is what it says it is-a dent & a scratch on it.??? And send us a new kicker plate because it wasn't suppose to be damaged & we will call it even , even though the control panel even has damage. This is ridiculous & I will make sure everyone hears all about it. JUST DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by maedean5 on April 16 2015 05:39:21 PM

"SearsOutlet.com is incapable of processing orders or executing delivery. It is useful for a preliminary check of potential inventory if you intend to go visit the store to inspect and pickup the item in person.

First, I attempted to order an item (wall oven) and that transaction was cancelled by SearsOutlet.com as being out of stock.

Next, I attempted to ordern another item (wall oven) and that transaction was confirmed as being a different model. I then informed SearsOutlet.com that I would not want the item since it was incorrect. I was told that the item would be cancelled. Next, I received an email informing me that the item was out for delivery. I called and again, the item was to be cancelled.

Finally, I succeeded in ordering an item from them (wall oven). It was scheduled for delivery on April 1st. On March 30, I inquired with customer support at SearsOutlet.com whether it would be delivered. That person couldn't answer. Eventually, I contacted the store and given someone in the warehouse who indicated that it had shipped. It had not.

Without communicating to me, Sears then scheduled delivery of the item for a time when I wasn't home.

They simply are not capable of processing online orders, nor of communicating in an effective manner. They give conflicting information at every turn. It is simply unacceptable and entirely undependable.

"I bought a Oven on Feb 28 a 30" electric, they delivered the wrong one on March 10th. I have been trying to get them to deliver me the correct model since. Worst experience ever. I cannot believe this, the oven they delivered is not even a 30". The only options they give me is a total refund, or to buy a new Item and I pay the difference. The manager admitted the item was mis-tagged, and even said they would have to buy me a new one, with them eating the difference plus. Now the manager will not return my calls, he will have a supervisor call me. I also called Sears corporate, they said that because the outlets are franchised they cannot do anything to help me."

modified review This review was modified by Djaru on March 24 2015 12:42:40 PM

"We bought a reconditioned Kenmore Elite refrigerator and paid for premium delivery which includes set up. When delivered, the frig was dirty on the inside and outside and smelled. The bottom drawer was wobbly like it was broken and the Sears customer service claimed no record of the delivery charge broken down to show I had indeed paid the the extra money on top of regular delivery to have it installed. They also insisted that delivery and hook up weren't even an option since the delivery company, they claim aren't equip to install even though it is a delivery option when purchasing online. The delivery men delivers the dirty, broken product and left."

modified review This review was modified by branimarlin on March 23 2015 09:04:43 AM

"HORRIBLE. Shame on Sears. Placed order for 2 Samsung pedestals, paid via Paypal. Instead of charging me when items shipped, they charged me right away. Problem is, they didn't have them in stock. So they cancel my order and now they claim "issues" with getting my money back to me via PayPal. I will be telling every last person I know of that Sears is taking absolutely crook-like approaches to getting money from people, and hanging on to it as long as possible. Cheap loan. Absolutely incredible how these crooks are still doing business."

modified review This review was modified by bdhig on March 13 2015 08:13:05 PM

"Wish I had found this review site first. Placed an order for a vacuum cleaner and my credit card was charged right away. One month later, after 6 phone calls trying to get my ordered cancelled and refunded, (getting the run-around each time), I finally spoke to a manager who gave me a refund for the vacuum cleaner I never received. Never shopping here again."

modified review This review was modified by jonnylongtorso on February 26 2015 06:07:43 AM

"The worst experience I've had at a store like this.

Purchased some higher end low profile mattress foundations, saved a few bucks, went to pick them up and that's when the adventure began.

Aside from the incompetence and unprofessional attitude of the staff, they actually bait & switched my item, gave me a cheaper version, and then when I called them out on it, expected me to drive it back.

Let me say this, the corporate office was no better in trying to accommodate me in any way. They had the worst attitude I've experienced from any merchant.

Do not do business with Sears or Sears Outlet, they are inconsiderate, myopic, self-serving, moronic troglydytes.

"Ordered a Stainless steel Bosch 25.9 Cu Ft fridge from their outlet store.

Short story is that 2 weeks later a Black Kenmore 19.1 Cu Ft fridge showed up. I called their CS number and they told me to refuse shipment. As of 2/8/2015 I still have not received my refund and have had to start up a case with my credit card company. Don't care how cheap the price is, would NEVER order from Sears Outlet (or Sears for that matter) again.

"I was frustrated as I had found the best prices for appliances at the Sears Outlet - had made purchases that were amazing deals such as a wall oven and microwave for around $1600 less with some small superficial scratches on the handles...and I felt everything was turning into a fiasco especially as it felt like the call centers were giving me the run around and then posted on this site some regional manager gave his phone number for help and then things went AMAZING. The handles were sent for a switch to new and now the $1600 off floor model was like new... I called the regional guy from the mid west and he gave me the north and mid Atlantic regional guys so I now do my good turn and leave their names and emails here, Philip Todd for NE PhilipW.todd@shos.com and Edward.Klepk@shos.com
for Md-Atlantic. I await the new glass for the microwave but these guys gave me white glove care and treatment as I was remodeling my kitchen and buying everything - unbelievable immediate response and follow through Sears should be proud because it shows they are a company with a long entrenched history in appliances and could be the favored go to sire esp. the outlet for deals as they ship across country from these outlets and you can usually get photos and connected to the local store for exactly the nature of these very discounted appliances which often is minor cosmetic sometimes and sometimes nothing at all... I have been very pleased after a rough start but the deals are better then anywhere I have seen!

modified review This review was modified by ajbdesign on January 21 2015 05:23:46 AM

"I ordered a gas stove from sears outlet It came and was way more damaged than they said on the website. I spent 3 hrs on the phone with people who could hardly speak English and all they were doing was reading a script. Handled they are replacing but the door they can't and keep telling me I have to suck it up and order a different stove because they don't have this one anymore. I wanted this stove not a different one.

The stove functions fine it is just not pretty. I will not shop at sears outlet again. They are so hard to deal with and all they do is transfer you to differenty people who have no clue.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor they told me they don't have any over them that they are the end of the line for complaints. In all my years I have never heard such a thing that they have no one to take care of complaints.

Stay away and buy somewhere else for less problems and better customer service.

modified review This review was modified by pattybug on January 14 2015 08:50:03 AM

"Placed order for new refrigerator for office on Wednesday, was going to be a delivery from a local outlet store. Received a call stating it will be delivered Monday. Called Monday asking when I should expect it, and they said it actually won't be until Tuesday (wasn't too mad at this point yet.) Went home from work around 3 that day (co-workers still at office waiting for it) and when I came in Wednesday morning to put my food in the fridge, I saw it was not there. Checked voicemail and Sears Outlet left on at 9am Wednesday morning saying delivery is delayed. Well no shit I could've told you that: There is no fridge here. They had no new estimte on date. Cancelled the order and purchased from Best Buy. Received an email from the outlet store saying my Fridge will be delivered SATURDAY. Emailed her back saying I cancelled the order and to please confirm. NO REPLY. Sent email to the Sears outlet cust. service email. NO REPLY> Received a call from delivery man on FRIDAY asking if I am home to deliver the fridge. Are you freaking kidding me??!!! Sent 3 emails to each address and called customer service. They eventually stopped calling about the delivery. NOT THE MENTION....the website did not work when I ordered and the man that took down the item number and card information for payment an ddelivery address...took 28 MINUTES TO TAKE DOWN THIS INFORMATION. Complete waste of my time. Had bad experience at an actual store location a few weeks before. WILL NEVER ORDER OR BUY FROM SEARS OUTLET.

Just received yet ANOTHER CALL asking when is a good delivery time.... 1 Hour after I posted this review.

"I liked the way a previous customer told his story, I am going to copy:

11/28/2014 I placed an order for a refrigerator. It was supposed to be delivered in 2-3 weeks. My credit card was charged $ 895.57
11/29/2014
11/30/2014
12/01/2014 I reviewed the status of my order in the website, and the order was "Processing", and the Item Status "Ready for Pickup"
12/03/2014
12/04/2014 ... I should wait ... they said 2-3 weeks
...
12/08/2014
12/09/2014
12/10/2014 I reviewed the status of my order in the website, and the order was "Processing", and the Item Status "Ready for Pickup". I decide to call to ask for an estimated delivery day. They inform that "MY ORDER WAS CANCELLED". They did not have the item in inventory. The never notified me ... I complain and they offer me to replace my order for another one. I saved some dollars because -for the apology- they offered me a discount. My credit card was charged $804.56.

12/10/2014 I checked online the status of my second order and realized that the item they sold me to replace my order was "Reconditioned". I called to cancel the order and see if they have a "New" one. The found one! I was charged $788.57 in my credit card.

12/11/2014 I checked online the status of my third order and it seems to be OK. Since I learned that the website status is not reliable, I called to ask for an estimated delivery date. Surprise! My third order was CANCELLED! They were kidding! it's a joke! They receive orders, charge the credit cards and use to CANCEL the orders.

I asked to talk to a Supervisor ... somebody is trying to solve. Mario will call me in 1 one with an answer ... they told me 2 hour ago. I call Mario and nobody answers. The 5th call somebody answers ... Mario is not there ...

Yes, I know ... it's MY fault, for expecting them to solve their DISASTER. Now, let's see how I can get back my $2,488.

"AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WOULD ADVISE DO NO BUY ONLINE FROM SEARS. I purchased a wall oven that indicated no dents or scratches. On day of delivery they called to say the oven was damaged and I declined to accept it. I called customer service to request another oven but to do so they would have to refund the money in 3 to 5 business days and debit my account immediately in order to send another oven. I said no way, you can't tie up $2500 and I have no stove, just go ahead an refund my money. Today is one week and I called to follow-up on my refund, only to find out it was never processed and I will have to wait another 3-5 days (total 10 days for my money). Really Sears?!!!!"

"I have been anxiously awaiting my new $2600 pillow top bed to be delivered for two weeks for the scheduled delivery day. It finally came and to my complete disappointment the bed was delivered with the padding in the pillow top completely lumped and bunched together in a mound in the middle of the bed. We tried shaking it on its side and it will only move around the bed. This bed isn't even useable and customer service will not replace it! The delivery men told me to call customer service, and customer service said the delivery men should have noticed it. Apparently this doesn't qualify as visual damage. I demanded a manager and they wouldn't even connect me to one. I am horrified at my experience with Sears. I was more excited about this item than anything I've purchased so far and I am very unhappy. Sears outlet has tricky hidden rules and won't help you when they deliver faulty items!"

Share Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC's store rating

Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC is not a merchant member
Sears Outlet / Sears Brands, LLC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!