Stores > Sears Hometown Stores
  • Sears Hometown

Voice your opinion! Review Sears Hometown Stores by clicking a star below.
2017-08-10

NEVER AGAIN

"I oprdered a product from this site and 2 days before it was going to be delivered the store called and said they were closing and order had to be cancelled. I had to reorder to be delivered to a different store and there was a $150 price increase, I was desperate and placed that order. A week later the new store said my order was coming in the next day which was a week ahead of schedule. When I drove 45 minutes to the store i was told it was on the original order and the price would be the one quoted on the first order. I paid that amount and I called customer service and cancelled the second order. Now 10 days later and sears hasnt refunded my money for the cancelled order. Im told by customer service that the order cant be pulled up by the store and no refund will take place till that happens. IT IS VERY OBVIOUS WHY SEARS CANT STAY IN BUSINESS WHEN YOU HAVE TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN THE PHILIPPINES AND HAVE NO RECORSE OTHER THAN COLURT TO GET SATISFACTION. WE ARE TALKING $526.82 THEY HAVE STOLE FROM ME WITHOUT REFUNDING!"

2017-07-18

Greasy Delivery

"We purchased a pillow top mattress frame and dishwasher from Sears on July 1st. The delivery date was scheduled for July 8th it was canceled second delivery date July 17th part of it was delivered. The bed frame will be here on the 22nd. When they arrived I asked if they would take the old bed downstairs and put it in the pickup truck. They said sure and took it downstairs. I had no idea their hands were greasy and they had put their handprints all over this mattress that was pristine. I had informed them that I was giving my old mattress to my daughter. The new mattress was encased in plastic but I noticed when they brought it upstairs that it had grease on the top of the plastic of the mattress. Thank goodness none of the grease got on the new mattress but it did get on my carpet going up the stairs and my walls. Thanks for the cleanup!"

2017-06-07

Yay!

"I love it! It's really great!"

2017-04-06

Awesome store

"Thanks to great staff at Fulton Sears in Texas. Really treats customer's right. They really care."

2017-01-08

Sears Hometown in Christiansburg VA is excellent

"Recently I bought a mattress from Sears Hometown in Christiansburg VA for around $1000 dollars. I felt I got a good product for a good price. High quality Serta, everything I need. Much better than what I was trying to sleep on before. I was able to try out the mattress beforehand and they delivered it to my door no problems. The staff was helpful courteous and professional."

2016-12-29

Sears should be ashamed

"I used to love Sears for their customer service. But that was a long time ago and things have really changed. I purchased a Kenmore Fridge from them and have had the ice maker parts replaced 4 separate times in the first year. They won't honor the lemon law because the replacements have to happen every month for 3 months. And, of course, the process for replacing a damaged part takes a month - so the timeline is essentially impossible (slick math). I have spent 15 days at home waiting for parts or repair and over 30 hours on the phone. And I still have a broken fridge that with a repair person coming again in 2 weeks. "

2016-12-07

Won't be a return customer ever again

"DO NOT SHOP HERE IF YOU MIGHT RETURN SOMETHING 31 DAYS LATER WITH THE PAID CREDIT CARD BILL AND ALL RECEIPTS Horrible customer service and no sympathy for a death in a family during the 30 day return policy. Absolutely disgusting that a company like this still has customers.

2016-06-26

Incompetent

"I purchased almost $2500.00 worth of appliances on memorial day at the sears hometown in Clayton nc. They delivered 2 out of the 3 appliances. . When I called to find out when my dishwasher would arrive in was given the run-around and a different excuse each time.. I asked them to just refund my money and almost 4 weeks later they still have not returned my almost 500.00 the district manager (David Camp ) has told me twice now that my refund has been processed but they still have my money... If you are looking for good service and a respectable company do not shop at sears !!!"

danpbphoto's Avatar

Maryland
2016-04-15

Repair Sevice and CustomerCare The WORST!!

"DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!! If it requires a repair you are SOL!!! Washer broke, have warranty, took 1 week to get an appointment! Appointment window is only 8a-5p! Repairman shows up at 330pm. Makes a repair. He leaves...we test washer..NO GO..while 1 problem was lessened another was created. Immediately recalled Sears Repair..they called tech..no return call that day. Called at 8am next morning to Sears Repair Call Center in Arizona where it is hard to understand them because their English is not good. No record of previous days call. Was given the run around for 45 minutes..Can send a repairman back out until a week later after already waiting a week.
My wife is disabled..we need CLEAN LAUNDRY!!! Called Sears Corporate Customer Care in Illinois. That was worthless! They could care less for ANY customer problem!
I worked for Sears during the summers to pay for colleger. They were a first rate company. Customer was #1 Priority..NOT ANY MORE!!!!
I will NEVER buy from Sears again!!!

2015-12-24

"We bought a king set mattress at Sears, on Hamilton mall at Chattanooga TN, on Nov 8/15, and the seller representative by an honest mistake ordered a different mattress, that costed less than the one we ordered; so on deliver day, we realized the mistake and went down to Sears and the sellers couldn't fix the problem, gave me a telephone number to call with no resolution of my problem; then came the manager and he stated that I have to pay the difference in order to change the order for me and get the right mattress. By previous experience on that particular Sears store, I called the store general Manager, I guess his name is Darin Martin, and he listened to my problem and he went down to his office and made the exchange with no additional cost to us. On delivery day, we got the right mattress but when I came from work a couple days later, the mattress was so mess up, with so many ups and downs that we knew it was a defective mattress. I went down the store again and Darin called the delivery telephone number and talked to them and he demanded a new mattress needed to be deliver and exchange it for the defective one; it was so, one week later. My wife is happy with our new mattress.
This review is to let Sears know that their store has a manager that cares for his customers
Pedro

2015-10-26

"Dont I repeat dont buy a service agreement from a Sears ever. I purchased a Microwave and have been without it for over a month. Sears puts it on A&E and they put it on Sears. It is by far the worst customer service I have ever seen. I am 55 so I have seen a lot. I pray no one else goes through this. I will slam them because no one else deserves this. This microwave almost caught my house on fire. "

2015-09-07

" Two delivery men came into my girlfriends house last week for a scheduled delivery. She was alone. After entering and being what she described as "very rude and impolite" they found the valves to which they were going to hook up her new washing machine. After surveying the situation, they told her that hey could not install her washing machine because the valves in her wall had corrosion on them. (we later sought a second an third opinion, both were plumbers and neither found any corrosion on either valve. They explained it was simply paint and that the valves were in good condition) So after lying to her that the valves were corroded, they prompted that they would install the washer anyway if she gave them more money "off the books". After asking them to clarify what they meant and being told again that they would do what they came to do if she gave them extra money on the side, she told them to leave. They began to try a negotiate a price with her, to which she repeated that she wanted them out of her home. After they eventually left, he called me immediately telling me how intimidated and uncomfortable they made her feel in her own home. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to find out that your girlfriend who is a single mother was taken advantage of in her own home. It is unacceptable to say the least. On top of that, after filing multiple reports with sears and their 3rd party delivery service i got a very nonchalant email reply telling me to let SEARS know when she gets the valves fixed so that they can send another delivery team out. And oh yeah, offered us a $50 gift card. What a joke. The behavior of the delivery men was completely unacceptable and the response from SEARS has been almost non existent. Its 2015 and a single mother can even have a product from a company as big as SEARS delivered to her home with out being taken advantage of by the intimidating, money hungry delivery men....working for the delivery service that SEARS employs. i rate them at a negative 10, all parties would have been better off if this interaction had never happened, and we had taken our business elsewhere in the first place. So if you are a female, or any person who is not trying to get schemed don't shop with SEARS."

2015-06-23

"Great customer service! Love this store and will be back. Also recommend to friends."

2015-05-20

"Hello we purchased a 54" Zero turn mower on sale in July 2013 . It was advertised at all Sears stores and we thought we were purchasing it from a full fledged SEARS STORE.
BUYERS BEWARE!
HOMETOWN STORES ARE FRANCHISED,
We got a lemon mower and SEARS is passing the buck off on it not being a full fledged Sears store. It is up to the discretion of the Manager as to wether they will replace our Mower. This includes any appliances outdoor equipment Etc.
If you purchase a big ticket item like ours at $2849.00 only purchase from a mall or full fledged stand alone Sears! Do not purchase from a HOMETOWN Store.

2014-09-06

"Went to the local North Bend Oregon Sears hometown store to buy a freezer for $398. Sales ad said free delivery on appliances over $399 or 5% off all appliances with a Sears credit card or special financing on appliances over $499. So I didn't qualify for free delivery by $1. No big deal. I have a truck. So I asked for the 5% off with my Sears card. I was told by the salesman that the 5% off was good for appliances over $399 only. I told him the ad states 5% off ALL appliances. Not only that but the sale freezer had a sign on it that stated 5% off if paying with a Sears card. He still refused to give me the 5% off. I didn't make the purchase and called Sears corporate when I got home and was told that the hometown stores are totally independent and Sears can do nothing about it. I have bought many appliances and lawn equipment from Sears over the years but I am done. There are a lot of competitors out there. Goodbye Sears."

Share Sears Hometown Stores's store rating

Sears Hometown Stores is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears Hometown Stores is not a merchant member
Sears Hometown Stores does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!