Stores > Sears Hometown Stores

• Sears Hometown

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"Dont I repeat dont buy a service agreement from a Sears ever. I purchased a Microwave and have been without it for over a month. Sears puts it on A&E and they put it on Sears. It is by far the worst customer service I have ever seen. I am 55 so I have seen a lot. I pray no one else goes through this. I will slam them because no one else deserves this. This microwave almost caught my house on fire. "

" Two delivery men came into my girlfriends house last week for a scheduled delivery. She was alone. After entering and being what she described as "very rude and impolite" they found the valves to which they were going to hook up her new washing machine. After surveying the situation, they told her that hey could not install her washing machine because the valves in her wall had corrosion on them. (we later sought a second an third opinion, both were plumbers and neither found any corrosion on either valve. They explained it was simply paint and that the valves were in good condition) So after lying to her that the valves were corroded, they prompted that they would install the washer anyway if she gave them more money "off the books". After asking them to clarify what they meant and being told again that they would do what they came to do if she gave them extra money on the side, she told them to leave. They began to try a negotiate a price with her, to which she repeated that she wanted them out of her home. After they eventually left, he called me immediately telling me how intimidated and uncomfortable they made her feel in her own home. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to find out that your girlfriend who is a single mother was taken advantage of in her own home. It is unacceptable to say the least. On top of that, after filing multiple reports with sears and their 3rd party delivery service i got a very nonchalant email reply telling me to let SEARS know when she gets the valves fixed so that they can send another delivery team out. And oh yeah, offered us a $50 gift card. What a joke. The behavior of the delivery men was completely unacceptable and the response from SEARS has been almost non existent. Its 2015 and a single mother can even have a product from a company as big as SEARS delivered to her home with out being taken advantage of by the intimidating, money hungry delivery men....working for the delivery service that SEARS employs. i rate them at a negative 10, all parties would have been better off if this interaction had never happened, and we had taken our business elsewhere in the first place. So if you are a female, or any person who is not trying to get schemed don't shop with SEARS."

"Great customer service! Love this store and will be back. Also recommend to friends."

This review was modified by Shopper80701 on June 23 2015 03:52:50 PM

"Hello we purchased a 54" Zero turn mower on sale in July 2013 . It was advertised at all Sears stores and we thought we were purchasing it from a full fledged SEARS STORE.
We got a lemon mower and SEARS is passing the buck off on it not being a full fledged Sears store. It is up to the discretion of the Manager as to wether they will replace our Mower. This includes any appliances outdoor equipment Etc.
If you purchase a big ticket item like ours at $2849.00 only purchase from a mall or full fledged stand alone Sears! Do not purchase from a HOMETOWN Store.

"Went to the local North Bend Oregon Sears hometown store to buy a freezer for $398. Sales ad said free delivery on appliances over $399 or 5% off all appliances with a Sears credit card or special financing on appliances over $499. So I didn't qualify for free delivery by $1. No big deal. I have a truck. So I asked for the 5% off with my Sears card. I was told by the salesman that the 5% off was good for appliances over $399 only. I told him the ad states 5% off ALL appliances. Not only that but the sale freezer had a sign on it that stated 5% off if paying with a Sears card. He still refused to give me the 5% off. I didn't make the purchase and called Sears corporate when I got home and was told that the hometown stores are totally independent and Sears can do nothing about it. I have bought many appliances and lawn equipment from Sears over the years but I am done. There are a lot of competitors out there. Goodbye Sears."

"Just purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator at the Sears Hometown Store in Bryan, Ohio. Wonderful out-of-the-norm experience. EVERYTHING was above average: in-store inventory, sales assistance, easy/fast checkout, better than expected price, truly exceptional home delivery/installation/removal of old refrigerators (four hours from time of purchase to a completed and well done job), and above all, highly competent, courteous and caring people. This is the best experience I have ever had at any Sears store, and I've been shopping Sears for more than a half century. I attribute this in part to the store being a "hometown store" i.e. locally owned, and mainly to the outstanding owner, Phil. A++ "

"I go to Sears at The Fairfield Commons in Beavercreek, Ohio all the time. Mostly good people and lots of tools. For the most part it is a good place to shop."

Share Sears Hometown Stores's store rating

Sears Hometown Stores is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears Hometown Stores is not a merchant member
Sears Hometown Stores does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!