Sears.comCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 3.53/10 3.53/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.86/10 0.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.71/10 1.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.01/10 1.01/10

"Please re-think your decision before purchasing any appliances from SEARS. Condensation built up in between the glass of my $750 microwave. When I looked into my paperwork, I discovered that my one year warranty had expired JUST 14 days earlier. I called Sears for resolution. To make a long story short this was my experience:
I was told I would need to pay $79 for home visit and cost of repair as it was out of warranty. I then asked to speak to someone else in authority. I was kept on hold or transferred to multiple people for over 1.5 hours; after all this time, they tried to sell me an extended warranty for $250 (for one year) that was their solution to my problem; I might add that I spoke to one person who stands out ... Cheryl of "Customer Solutions". She was extremely rude ... her exact words ... "If service comes to your home you will pay full price for the visit! No discounts, you will pay full price and that's final"! At that point I told her that my microwave was barely 2 weeks out of warranty and I was disappointed that Sears would not even meet me half way. I informed her I would give my business to someone else, and she could read about herself in my review. Their customer service is below a zero! Cheryl needs to take a class on respecting the people that employ her ... the customers! Sears needs to offer flexibility in these type of situations as they will not back their products one day after warranty expiration unless you purchase another extended warranty. Just another way for them to make more money! I will have my microwave repaired elsewhere and although all of my appliances have come from SEARS in the past, (and I might add several thousands of dollars) I will no longer even purchase a toaster from them going forward!

"The first problem which i had with Sears is the late delivery! They didn't deliver the bedroom set as they promised. When we called customer service, they said "it is on the way, wait!" Then we have understood that nobody came and they just put a notification as "nobody found in the adress" we called customer service, we went to the shop many times but they did Nothing. Anyway, we had the bedroom set 5 days later (we had moved to a new apt and we had no bed during this time). Second problem is the salesman at the shop promised us %15 discount, and we checked our Sears credit card statement and realised no discount had been applied. WE called the customer service, we went to the shop again, but the salesman is now refusing his promise.we have another history with the catalogue orders, i really can't understand how Sears works. This was my last shopping at Sears after facing their disabilities and their attitude."

"I won't bother telling you my stories. Like everyone else, every buying experience from sears.com has been nothing short of miserable. I won't be fooled again, regardless of the attractive price."

"Sears is the worst f____ ing store to buy from i ordered a fridge and had it scheduled for delivery between 7 and 9 am no one showed up. i call it been changed to 3 to 5 pm they get here have the gate code and drive off. me and my family have been here all day waiting of i call Merdiph Id # 837957 could care less about it so i ask for her supervisor adam # 759083 was even worse he tells me it will be thursday before it can be delivered its sunday the only day i have off, f--- sears and all that they have hope they go broke. i work in the death care industry. how would they fell if i told them to i would come 5 days late to pick up there mom or dad after they have died. this company is the worst ever Fuc______km"

"Worst customer service experience ever. We ordered a washer and dryer after a national disaster and paid extra to have it delivered on a Saturday. When the installers came, they told us that the washer and dryer would not fit through our doorway to the basement. We spoke to the driver's supervisor and she agreed that if we took the molding off the door, that it would fit. As we were taking the molding off, within a span of five minutes, the driver loaded the washer and dryer back on the truck and left - without telling us. I chased him down the street and he kept going. We called Sears REPEATEDLY for the next seven hours and were told that they were still delivering in our area until 7pm and that the supervisor would call us back to say when we could expect delivery. No calls back. No delivery. We called Sears AGAIN at 7:30 and were told that the delivery was done for the day in our area and we could reschedule for 2 weeks out. Needless to say, we cancelled the order and will NEVER shop at Sears again."

modified review This review was modified by pikachu1171 on August 16 2014 07:48:32 PM

" Never have I had a worse experience with a retail store. I ordered a washer and dryer from sears, on purchasing them they kept screwing up our information and having to redo it, they had no idea how to set things up or what was going on. Eventually we scheduled a delivery time and got out of that store. They said they would call day before delivery to schedule a convenient two hour window. They didn't. They automatically set up a time and said they couldn't budge from it (of coarse it was at the most inconvenient time). Then... they never showed up, and never called about it. So I have called them...and called them.... and called them. Been on hold for hours of my time. Everyone transfers to someone else and they insist that "they dont have the power to do anything but connect me to the right person" who says the same thing. Whenever I get a manager, they say they will call me back within the hour. They havent called once. I called back for the manager, they said the manager LEFT! Its been none stop and now we are going through a hassle just to get a refund. Never shop at sears. Lesson learned."

modified review This review was modified by bretter on August 13 2014 05:31:24 PM

"Worst online experience ever. I saw a deal online on Sears.com. Two chairs for the price of one on other online sites. I called Sears chat twice to get reassurance that I was getting two as the website indicated. When my receipt appeared in e-mail I was still chatting with the agent, Rollins, so I expressed my concern that the bill indicated one chair. He reassured me two are coming because that's what the website shows. One came. Sears has the transcript and proof that this was the deal. The price doubled by delivery day. In the end, Sears wasted hours of my time and I was stuck with one chair. No responsibility at all. So if the website can't be trusted and the agent can't be trusted there is no reason to buy from Sears. Please save yourself the trouble."

modified review This review was modified by krysc on August 12 2014 10:17:09 AM

"I will never -EVER purchase anything from sears.com again. Hassle after hassle.
I received a $50 gift card for my wedding. Seemed like a good idea to order a Ninja blender cutting the cost with the gift card. Mistake was mine and hopefully won't be yours, as I didn't search any reviews as I assumed (you never should assume) that Sears would be a fine place to order online since the store is reputable enough and I'd worked for one in between semesters at College years ago.
Well after waiting 2 weeks for my item which never came I called, was given a number for the 3rd party that sold the item on sears website (THE CENTRE) and seemed happy enough. I called the number, it did not work. I waited another week, I E-Mailed to ask where it was, I waited a few days and heard nothing except that a third party, The Centre was shipping the item. I called a day later, I wasn't told anything new. A few days later I got a notice from my credit card that I had received a refund from sears. I e-mailed to find out what they were planning on doing about the gift card. I heard a week later that they would send it to my billing address. Another week and a half go by and then I get the machine delivered to my door. The receipt inside is for the same item but for a hundred dollars more than I had purchased it, and I'd been refunded. No way was I going to get stuck buying the same item for $100 more and I was already refunded and square, why did it come ? I called Sears the day it came to tell them to pick it up, I was told in 2 business days I would hear back. I did not, I called sears again and spoke to a supervisor. She said she emailed the shipper and they will contact me in 2 days. I told her that was the same I was told before and she said, do you have a record of that? No, so there's nothing I can do except send an e-mail now... I will wait 2 more days and then contact a manager I guess.. I'm just stuck with this item sitting in my apartment.. .arg...

"horrible! Sears.com returns policy is scammy and confusing! I specifically clicked the link ON the product page that said "RETURNS POLICY" and it took me to a clearly written out returns policy for sears.com.... Then I made the order only to find out that it was actually a third party item, and I had only 7 days to return, plus cost of shipping and a 20% restocking fee. WHAT?! Very misleading and the customer service rep was extremely rude and didn't care at all about the situation."

modified review This review was modified by SearsScammers on August 11 2014 02:38:29 PM

"I will NEVER purchase anything from Sears again! After THEY sent me the wrong bed in early July, I have since made 13 calls over the course of a month trying to get the damn thing returned. I have been told on 6 occasions during my 13 calls that I would receive a confirmation email within 24-48 hours confirming pickup of this item. Not once has this EVER happened. I have literally been on the phone for hours dealing with these people. I hear the music they use when they put you on hold in my nightmares now. I'm an educated professional, but these people have reduced me to screaming into the phone at times. Seriously, I will never order or purchase anything from Sears, online or in-store. And I will discourage everyone I know from doing so as well."

"Just so you know, I was predisposed to liking Sears and Kenmore washers especially. I grew up with Sears appliances and service. My parents still own their 20-year old Kenmore washer and dryer and they work great.
Sadly, the products and the service are not what they used to be.

I ordered the washer/dryer combo including this 4.0 cu. ft. washer. There were many problems. First only the washer was delivered to my house even though I paid $34 extra for a 2 hour time window of delivery. When the washer was delivered to my home this morning, it leaked.

The dryer, I later found out would not have arrived today because the installer -- Hudson Installers in Yonkers 'didn't want to go to NJ to pick up the dryer'.

The straw the broke the camel's back was that Sears was not going to immediately replace the defective washer. I would have had to wait 1 week -- A week!? What happened to the Sears that used to bend over backwards to please customers??

I canceled the order and purchased a washer from a local appliance store.

Moral of story? Sears employs a lot of substandard people who simply don't are about customer service. Kenmore as a brand is just not what they used to be.

Their washers are defective out of the box. Avoid Kenmore and avoid Sears and you'll be better off.

modified review This review was modified by SylviaI on August 02 2014 08:10:44 AM

"I ordered a TV from Sears. First they charged me close to 2 weeks before I received the device. I received a broken unit - the build in DVD player didn't worked. So I contacted Sears to take the device back and provide another working TV set. They provided a tracking number and that UPS will pick up the device. They never responded on my request regarding getting another unit. Sears is using a different UPS service and until today they didn't pick up the device. The UPS driver doesn't have a label and it's also a different depot so they can't reprint it. The solution would be that Sears is canceling the UPS pick-up and is sending me the label to ship the device back. I was on the phone and also I was writting Several email to Sears now. I always get a standard answer back that they will reschedule the pick-up and I should contact UPS. UPS is now trying to find a solution. I wish I would never have ordered anything from Sears online and will never do this again. If I could give minus stars I would do it."

modified review This review was modified by DJCF79 on August 01 2014 10:29:12 AM

"Love their tools selection and price. In-store pickup orders have been working well. SHOPYOURWAY is a nice touch."

"Horrid! Had a terrible experience buying tires at sears.com, and in order to bridge the gap between the pricing and availability they offered and what was truly provided, they gave us a measly $45 gift card (took hours on the phone to get it!).

This order was an attempt to use that gift card (only time I found anything on their site that was close to competitively priced), and it's been a very bad experience. Marketplace seller "Online King" never provided shipping information, and now twice dealing with Sears customer service has given no relief - they say they're looking into it...

NEVER AGAIN! Stick with online merchants who value your business, not this old dinosaur that can't seem to make the transition from their (empty!) brick and mortar stores to real-time customer service and order tracking. I buy online all the time, and never have I had this experience.

Booo Sears!

modified review This review was modified by acouplesailors on July 29 2014 08:04:46 AM

"Sears.com has altered it's Products Reviews to sell the More Expensive. This means that Sears.com Reviews are DISHONEST and WORTHLESS. Don't choose a Sears Product, or any Product at Sears based on their Sears Store Reviews. Their Reviews are ALTERED, and thereby MEANINGLESS."

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!