Sears.comCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 3.97/10 3.97/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.05/10 1.05/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.07/10 2.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Love their tools selection and price. In-store pickup orders have been working well. SHOPYOURWAY is a nice touch."

"Horrid! Had a terrible experience buying tires at sears.com, and in order to bridge the gap between the pricing and availability they offered and what was truly provided, they gave us a measly $45 gift card (took hours on the phone to get it!).

This order was an attempt to use that gift card (only time I found anything on their site that was close to competitively priced), and it's been a very bad experience. Marketplace seller "Online King" never provided shipping information, and now twice dealing with Sears customer service has given no relief - they say they're looking into it...

NEVER AGAIN! Stick with online merchants who value your business, not this old dinosaur that can't seem to make the transition from their (empty!) brick and mortar stores to real-time customer service and order tracking. I buy online all the time, and never have I had this experience.

Booo Sears!

modified review This review was modified by acouplesailors on July 29 2014 08:04:46 AM

"Sears.com has altered it's Products Reviews to sell the More Expensive. This means that Sears.com Reviews are DISHONEST and WORTHLESS. Don't choose a Sears Product, or any Product at Sears based on their Sears Store Reviews. Their Reviews are ALTERED, and thereby MEANINGLESS."

"I purchased a washer and dryer from the Northlake Mall store. I went to buy a bundle sale that turned out to be "out of stock", and settled on a similar item. The merchandise was scheduled to be delivered on Monday. I took time off of work and was notified during the appointment time that the delivery was cancelled. I had a difficult time rescheduling and spent 5+ hours on the phone between the store, call center, and warehouse, each of whom blamed the other for the problem. The machines were finally delivered today, but the power cord and water hose that I purchased were not delivered, so I still do not have a working washer and dryer. I have decided to stop trying to make sense of this and cancelled the order for a refund. Sears had the best price, but I have lost a significant amount of time and energy, and the "customer service" post sale has been poor. Lesson learned..."you get what you pay for". A brand cannot carry itself without continued focus on its customer. "

modified review This review was modified by NOrland on July 24 2014 08:22:11 AM

"Sears.com has changed a lot and not they do everything possible to make you happy with your purchase. I've always been happy purchasing here, specially now with their Shop Your Way deals."

"What has happened to Sears? I returned an item to the Hometown store I picked it up at and found they could not issue a refund as they do not have a bar code scanner to scan the return bar code. The closes Sears with the scanner is over 70 miles one way. So after talking to the folks at the store and then customer service it was decided that I would leave the item at the Hometown Store and Sears Online would issue a refund to my Paypal account? Well it's eleven days later and I still do not have my refund. I've gone around and around with the customer service folks, what horrible horrible customer service. Be aware that you should be very careful making orders online, and if you try to use the Hometown store, they had a split with Sears about 3 months ago, and they are not getting along at all. No cooperation between the two. Still waiting for my refund, and I finally filed a complaint with Paypal today. "

modified review This review was modified by cydny on July 22 2014 12:05:55 PM

"Easily one of the worst retail experiences I have ever had. We ordered a washer/dryer with all of the necessary attachments online and had install/delivery included. At least the delivery men showed up nearly on time. That was the only positive part of the experience, however. Here is a rundown of the rest:

- The delivery personnel practically refused to install the washer/dryer since their order record was different than what we placed originally.
-Parts that we paid for were missing so they could not install the steam kit for the dryer.
-Our washer was noticeably dented from a delivery man climbing over it.
-I called customer service to request the missing parts as suggested by the delivery men. Customer service voluntarily offered a decent credit amount to make up for the mixup in the parts.
-The parts were delivered about five days later, but one small part was still missing.
-I happened to be nearby a Sears and stopped in to ask for the part at the suggestion of the second set of delivery men. The Sears employees, most of whom were just standing around, were practically worthless. In the end, they put me on the line with customer service where I spent 20 minutes waiting until the correct part was finally ordered to be mailed to me.
-The part did finally arrive but the credit originally offered never showed up.
-I called customer service to inquire about the credit and they claimed no record of such a credit existed. They refused to honor the credit.

In the only moment of me displaying any sort of discontent with the order, I told the manager, Veronica, who refused the credit, that she should enjoy her job for the little time she has left. Sears simply will not be around much longer...I have not mentioned the many inefficiencies I observed throughout this experience. It is too bad too, because they used to be better than this.

modified review This review was modified by sassy251 on July 21 2014 12:11:27 PM

"Sears has the worst product and customer support that I have ever encountered. I have a Craftsman riding mower and needed repairs. I called to schedule a home visit, but was told next available appointment was 5 weeks out. I decided to accept it and was told a service person would arrive between 1:00 and 5:00 pm and the minimum cost would be $135. I took off work and waited between 1:00 and 5:00 and no one showed up or called me. I called Sears at 5:00 and was told the service person was running late but would be there. At 6:30 pm, I received a call from a serviceman and he said he was not going to make it.
I called Sears the next day and told them what happened. I asked them to schedule someone in the next couple of days because I needed my mower fixed. I was told I would just have to schedule a new appointment and it would again be over 1 month before someone was available. I spent over 1 hour on the phone trying to contact a manager to resolve the problem. I never got to speak to a manager, and was simply “bounced” from one department to another. Every single person I spoke with was rude and condescending. In spite of the fact that the entire problem was that Sears never showed up or contacted me during the 4 hour repair window, everyone I talked to was incredibly unprofessional. These people were actually being antagonistic towards me. It is by far the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I will never purchase another Sears product.
By the way, after giving up on Sears, I contacted a local lawnmower repair service. They picked up the mower, fixed it and dropped it off for $90. They could not have been any nicer or more professional. Shop local and stay away from Sears, they are horrible.

modified review This review was modified by LLarryL on July 14 2014 05:35:17 PM

"HORRIBLE customer experience and company! Recently, I placed an online order for a pair of sandals. I received my order, with ONE sandal. I called the customer service number for help regarding this matter. I first spoke with Toni, who informed me to return the shoe, not shoes as there was only one, to my local store. I had payed for online delivery for convenience; it was NOT an option for me to drive out of my way to return this item. I was then informed by Toni that the item was no longer in stock. This item can still be ordered online, therefore, the item IS still available. After receiving unsatisfactory results with Toni, and after an excessive hold time, I was connect to Supervisor Cindy. Cindy was helpful and the picture of customer service. She was horrified by the mistakes committed. She explained their call tag procedures but stated that this would be unnecessary, as it was their mistake. She informed me that a replacement pair of sandals would be sent to me, therefore further invalidating Toni's claim that the item was out of stock. She was kind, professional, and helpful. This morning I received an email with call tag information and was told that this item needed to be returned. This was NOT what I was told by Cindy last night so I went online to use the "clicked to chat" option as I did not want to hold for another hour. I was connected with Kelly. Kelly informed me that a refund would only be possible until after my "shoe" was returned, therefore, tying up my credit with Sears. I was then informed that a replacement pair of sandals would only be possible after I placed a new order. She offered me a $10 discount and free shipping but I was unwilling to provide my credit card number as I now had a HUGE distrust in Sears. This would cause me to essentially be billed TWICE until they deemed it acceptable to issue my full refund. This afternoon, I called Sears' corporate office and spoke with case manager Ralph. I was once again informed that there was no recourse for this experience until I provided my credit card number for a replacement order. Case managers feels that its ok to play with ones credit. No one within Sears is willing to accept responsibility for this error nor willing to uphold the promises made by Cindy."

"On April 27, 2014 I placed an order online for a gas range and dishwasher. Delivery set for June 5. On the 4th I receive an automated call saying my appliances are delayed. I call the number provided and they are SO sorry for the delay. "Let's set up a new delivery date" June 12th was decided. That was delay #1.
Delay #2 occurred in June 10. Same thing..automated call telling me of delay.. then I have to call them back... so sorry .. understand my frustration.. new date. June 15th
Delay #3. On June 15th another automated message and there is a delay.. AGAIN! I call them.. again.. so sorry.. understand frustration..blah blah She PROMISES delivery will be June 24..
Delay #4 I am contacted on 24th and delayed again. so sorry blah blah..Why do I believe these people? .. because I trusted (past tense) sears. I am 'bumped up' to customer service,he says he will take care of this personally.. offers possible compensation, will contact me in 24 hrs.. please give sears another try.. fine.ok. Another new deliver day, July 1. but this is the LAST time. I get no word from him in the 24 hrs he promised.
Delay #5 June 29. Another automated message, another delivery 'delay'. I called and was theoretically 'bumped' up again.. He tried to convince me to give sears another try. There was NO reason for me to give sears another try after 5 failed delivery dates. I have waited over a month with no kitchen because of their promises. PLUS all he could do was contact someone by EMAIL.. no phone contact.. and I was supposed to wait 24 - 48 hrs just to find out if my appliances are available!

excuse me?!?

NEVER AGAIN
If the appliances.. and yes they say the issue is with both not just one.. if sears does not have the merchandise be honest and tell the customer instead of keeping my money as an interest free loan

Was my issue resolved? yes, I canceled my order

"I tried to purchase a grill today. It was being sold for $332. I had a coupon for $35 off $300, it wasn't working. So I called in and they said it wouldn't work because the grill was on sale as a 'hot buy'... No where anywhere did it state this. (That was my first red flag...) Anyways, my husband and I decided to purchase the grill. I went through the whole purchase process with PayPal, then was told that I couldn't purchase the selected item with PayPal... (Red flag number two.) So, at this point I realize I need to just go to the store to buy and be done with it. So I call the store in Ashland MA (the store I was going to pick it up at to begin with) and I speak with Rebecca (or Beck as she said when she answered the phone). I asked her how much the grill was in store, she said it was $349 but she pulled it up online and would honor that price of $332 if I picked it up tonight. I said I would go right down and she said she would print out the page for me. I then asked her how this grill was packaged... Was it assembled or in a box? She told me it was in a box. So I'm excited and we go........... We drive the 45 minutes through traffic to get to that sears in Ashland. When we finally get there, we walk in, a girl says 'hello', I say 'hello, Rebecca?' She says 'yes, follow me we have a problem'... So she grabs a piece of paper and goes running outside, my husband and I follow her.. She says the grill is assembled and they don't have one in a box... I said that I called to make sure it wasn't assembled because I drive a ford focus and the grill assembled wouldn't fit.. She said that she didn't look, the computer said they had three so she assumed it would be boxed..... Like really?!?!??? Are you kidding me??? I called to ask a question so I didn't waste my time and gas driving out there for nothing, and I still waste my time and money driving out there for nothing?!?!??????????? At this time I'm getting angry. She says 'they don't even make this grill anymore so we can't even deliver it to you or anything. These are the last ones anywhere around.' And I called her out on that because online also shows the quantities available of other stores.... So I said 'that's not true, Chelmsford has 7, and I believe it was whitensville or something that had 3'... She didn't know what to say then and just walked away from us back into the store... (Red flags number three, four, five...)

This is the most ridiculous experience I have ever had dealing with a store. I mean I know a lot of people don't care about their jobs, but when they start ruining shopping experiences for customers, that's ones step too far. This whole situation could have been changed if she had just originally went and checked if the grill was boxed... A bad customer experience horrible for advertising, negative word of mouth spreads faster than the good stuff....... I worked in retail for 8 years and would never lie to a customer, because I was then defacing the company I worked for. But apparently Sears employees don't care about the company they represent, and Sears as a company doesn't care about themselves because they employ these people... Everything about this situation was wrong.

modified review This review was modified by Hlb2788 on June 25 2014 09:35:44 PM

"Ordered 5 items in total since March 2014. I have never encountered any problems. One of the items is even from their marketplace vendors and it was shipped without any issue."

"I certainly wish I had read reviews before buying at Sears.com. Twenty-five years ago I swore I would never again shop at Sears. I had had terrible customer service. A couple of weeks ago I decided to again give Sears a try. It was even worse than it was 25 years ago. I ordered a size 8 shoe, and received size 6. Sears never assumes responsibility for anything, and they are ultimately responsible for what they have on their website.

NEVER buy at Sears. Sears allegedly emailed its "marketplace merchant" three times with no response. Sears kept stalling. I finally had to find their "marketplace merchant" through EBAY to reach someone who would help. ShoeMetro called me today and gave me pre-paid return label. They also said Sears never emailed them as claimed. I believe it.

A cold day in hell would not be enough to get me to shop again at any Sears store, online or brick & mortar.

modified review This review was modified by LeoBloom on June 09 2014 11:10:25 AM

"I ordered an item from Sears.com on March 19th and it is June 9th and I still have not receieved it. My credit card was immediatly charged, but I have been unsuccessful in having sears help me at all with this. Each time I've contacted them they've transferred me to Tool Box Supply (where they get the product). After almost 3 months, Tool Box Supply finally said that Sears would refund me in 3-5 days, but he was not able to give me any confirmation. I will not use or recommend Sears.com or Tool Box Supply in the future."

modified review This review was modified by JTSMI on June 09 2014 10:20:28 AM

"I placed an order on 05/11/2014 for a storage shed however, Sears does not have record of the transaction but, my credit card has been charged. I founded many comments on http://www.vcharges.com/xsearch?search=sears"

modified review This review was modified by JullMc on May 29 2014 08:18:23 AM

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!