Stores > Sears.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.15/10 0.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.74/10 0.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.34/10 0.34/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10

"I've been a Sears customer for nearly 45 years. Up until this point I have always felt that they have delivered quality products and services for money spent. THAT IS, UP TO THIS POINT! I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator and have had service agreements on it as long as we've had the unit. About a month ago our ice maker stopped working. We called to arrange for a service call and it was about 1 week out. Anyway, the service guy came out and replaced the entire ice maker...so far, so good, except that it only made one batch of ice before it stopped working again. Well, my we calls the service people again but this time it's not a one week, ITS A THREE (3) WEEK WAIT!!! Following up on that, I myself called to complain about the wait. I must say that every one of the phone spice reps, with whom I spoke were polite and friendly and seemingly tried to resolve the problem. Well, for Sears, talking about resolving he problem and actually solving the problematic two entirely different issues. Nothing more then a "Sorry, but we can't do anything." I was told the only thing left that I could do was write a letter...no one else was empowered to solve the problem . In the end,the whole situation is reminiscent of the scene in Planes, Trains and Auomobiles, where Steve Martin approaches the rental car counter only to be told "Your f####d." This is the first time in all this years that I've felt cheated by Sears...and it will be the last. With the advent of Lowes and Home Depot carrying a good selection of home appliances, I will simply take my business elsewhere...permanently. All I can say, going forward is NEVER AGAIN! If I could have put "0" stars, I would have, but 1 star is the lowest. Goodbye old friend."

This review was modified by Gregschwob on November 23 2015 01:32:27 PM

"I don't know what happened with Sears. They have been around for many years and provided quality merchandise and great customer support up until now. I purchased 5 dresses online in September. When they arrived 4 of them were more like scuba material and cut very small. The other dress was the same material that you would get on a Halloween costume. Horrible!!! I returned all items and they were received by Sears on 9/27/15. I have called several times wondering where my refund is and I receive the same answer each time. "They will escalate case and I should received credit in 5-7 business days". I even received an email directly from Sears back on 10/14/2015 stating they received returned items and I should receive my refund with 5-7 business days. Where is my refund it has been almost 2 months?? I will never purchase from Sears again. They have lost a customer who has purchased from them for 28 years."

This review was modified by Brodiedoodle on November 17 2015 06:53:25 AM

"I bought a Clarisonic Mia 2 through one of Sears "preferred sellers". The usual price for this item is $ 149 and I bought it at $ 99, which seemed like a great discount. I was aware that there was an issue with counterfeit Clarisonic products. Because of this pervasive problem with fake Clarisonics being sold as real ones, there is a lot of documentation that allows you to determine whether what you got is the real deal with relative ease.

The first indication that I received a fake was that there was no matching product number on the box with the serial number that was on the Clarisonic, which is supposed to be on the box. There were unforgiveable spelling mistakes on the product description on the box as well. Things like "once those obstructio ns are removed" and "apecifically designed to work" left no doubt in my mind as to whether or not the device was authentic. The packaging didn't even look like it was supposed to, after further investigation.

When I contacted Sears I got frustrated at the difficulty of getting a real customer representative through the phone and so I used their chat service. I explained the item was counterfeit. It was very clear they wouldn't deal with that issue and so they treated it as just another item that needed to be returned.

Buyer be aware. Sears facilitates the sale of counterfeit items through their inaction. The counterfeit item is still in their marketplace being sold to unknowing buyers, with money going into the pockets of these fraudsters who profiteer from deceiving people. Here is a link to the item: http://www.sears.com/clarisonic-mia-2-sonic-skin-cleansing-system-facial/p-SPM7784716823?prdNo=17&blockNo=17&blockType=G17. As another reviewer noted as well, for some strange reason, leaving a review for the seller seemed impossible, though it looks like it should be. This seller sells all sorts of products. They seem to do particularly well selling fitbits at reduced prices. I can't say that all their merchandise is counterfeit, but the item that I know was counterfeit hasn't even been removed from the marketplace. In my opinion, Sears facilitates this sort of fraudulent transaction by turning a blind eye when counterfeit items are sold and allowing these types of sellers to continue to profit with fake merchandise.

I received all my money back without needing to return the item. Though that seems rather unusual, I'm glad I didn't have to go through the trouble of mailing the item back. I imagine a buyer is less likely or able to take their complaints further when they have been fully reimbursed. The problem is that there are most probably many folks out there who purchase items like this one and have no idea they were ripped off. To me, this being my first and last experience with Sears, it seems that Sears provides a platform for this to occur. I hope my review can help some people not be defrauded in this way.

This review was modified by toska on November 12 2015 01:22:01 PM

"Terrible customer service. Multiple people at Sears couldn't provide a phone # for their distribution center - took over an hour on the phone between the automated system & 4 "representatives". Was hung up on multiple times after requesting to speak with a manager. Took the manager ~20 seconds to look up the #, but was rude & really didn't want to hear about my experience. This was for my most recent purchase of a washing machine. They didn't tell us we could have had free shipping & why didn't they give us the # of the distribution center when we purchased (they wrote the wrong # on the receipt).

Also bought a Kenmore "Elite" that broke 13 months after purchasing. Is that Elite? Still charged for the parts & couldn't offer service to the unit for 7-10 days, had to hire someone myself.

Two terrible experiences in a row - I'll be buying nothing from Sears unless they can rectify wasting my time & money as a result of purchasing from them. Would have spent more elsewhere to have a better experience. Ridiculous.

P.S. I tried to do the online chat, but that only works if you bought online. So that wasn't helpful either.

This review was modified by BPEK1 on November 12 2015 10:55:01 AM

"Worst service ever! I ordered a washer and dryer online and paid a delivery fee for Saturday from 12-5; even though Sears advertised free delivery. The next day I noticed a double charge of $770 on my account. On my lunch I called customer service and the girl who answered was too lazy to assist and said just to wait 24-48 hours and she's sure that the double payment would drop off. Instead of depending on luck I called my bank and they filed a claim. After work, when finally walking through the door, I get an automated call saying I'm scheduled for Friday delivery between 3 & 5. The automated system gave me the option to speak with customer service and after holding the system hung up on me. I call the number back and the rep told me to call a different number. I told him to transfer me and I got a patient rep. I explained that I was given the option to choose my afternoon appointment, which I paid extra for, but it is giving me a different appointment. I waited on hold and she called the delivery department. She came back and said they would deliver sometime Saturday. I asked her the window and she said I would get a call from the automated system the next day. I asked if she told them I needed afternoon, like I requested, and she said they could not guarantee a time. I advised I would not be home that morning and that is why I paid and requested the afternoon appointment. She said I would not know until the system calls me and if I do not get my afternoon appointment to call back tomorrow night. I don't understand why they give you the option to choose a window when they are just going to choose an inconvenient window for you. I ended up spending a combined 90 minutes on the phone to get absolutely no where. I haven't shopped at Sears since the 80's and will never ever shop there again!"

"Do not buy from Sears.com because they keep your money even though they made a mistake. I ordered a stove thru Sears.com and when I went to pick it up there was 2 there for me. We asked the local Sears store where we picked up the first one to please send it back for a refund. They did charge my credit card for 2 stoves!!!! It has been 2 weeks and numerous calls to Customer Service and to the local Sears store and they still have over 1,400 of mine. The locally owned store in Show Low says they won't process the return because it is the responsibility of Sears.com and Sears.com says it is the store responsibility. So here I sit with 1,400 out of my account and does not seem to be any resolution. I will never ever buy anything again from Sears whether it is on Sears.com or the locally owned store in Show Low, AZ. A bunch of uncaring thieves!!!!!"

"I ordered some shirts I needed for work online on Sept 8, 2015. After a couple of weeks of hearing nothing, I contacted so called customer service, and finally after 3 weeks, I received an e mail with a tracking number for USPS priority mail. After about another 4-5 days the tracking number actually became active. The package shipped from Houston, TX to the local regional PO, then to my local PO, then back to the regional, then back to the local, then back to the regional. At this point I printed out the tracking info and went to the local PO where I was told that the shipper had not applied the proper postage and the package was being returned. I followed the tracking back to "delivered to front desk" in Irving, TX. I called and emailed and finally got a reply with a "new" tracking number which was identical to the old one. I have been entering this number in the USPS tracking app for the past several days and it comes up "not found". This is without any doubt the most ineptitude I have ever experienced from any retailer, online or otherwise. I will never order from Sear again."

"Most horrible company- Should not be in business.
I have ordered over 1000 worth of Items and they keep messing up the orders and saying they are sending me a gift card... hahah really... where to because I still have yet to receive a gift card. They owe me 342.87 on a "gift card" hahaa yea right! I am so sick and tired of the way they handle their screw ups... I would really appreciate my products heck with a gift card!!

"Sears Log in Would not work, Reset password no luck
Tried to purchase a item, Contacted the store where the item was for sale, Manager was help
Explained could not log in to purchase the item in my cart,

Contacted c/s chat, Was informed log in would be fixed in a day, Waited a week still no luck
Sears chat told me that I would get the item for the same price, and after providing name m email and item number and store location, Was told that a sears specialist would contact about the issue

Week later phoned Sear C/s was told that if I call this number I would get assistance, That they would be able to get the item I was trying to purchase, honor the price. They have ways of to get this completed
The next Sears c/s rep said they could not help me
So asked for Supervisor In which they offered no assistance, or c/s service in resolving the issue

"Ordered a fridge online. Next day talked to representatives to confirm delivery address. 1 hour later received a cancellation mail from customerservice.
Called back same night to hear why, and was informed the item wasn't in stock at the time the mail was send (but it was when I confirmed the address)!
Lucky it was now back in stock and I was welcome to reorder online?.
After complaining a bit I was passed on to a supervisor who could order it for me (even though the price now was slightly higher)
At this time I now had to order pending on my credit card...
Next morning, I once again received a cancellation mail ! - I have now given up, I'm not going to order the fridge a 3. Time

"Do you like quality customer service, and a company who stands behind their products?

If so DO NOT SHOP at Sears.

A 4 month old lawn mower, engine blew. They said the oil was dirty and therefore not covered by warranty. the mower was not yet due for an oil change per the Manuel.

"I went to a Sears store to find a certain Skecher shoe.The mall I went to didn't have any.They found it another local mall.The shoes were ordered and they were supposed to be delivered by UPS.UPS made one attempt two days later to deliver the shoes.I was at work.They left a note on m door saying I have to pick tem up at a UPS access point.I could've left instructions to deliver them to the apartment where I live.But no UPS won't do that.Now the shoes will end up being returned when I can't pick them up.Sears won't do a dam thing about it.Last time I ordr anything from Sears!! "

"I ordered a freezer through my daughters Shop My way account. I chose in store pickup and did not choose 3rd party pickup, thinking that I used my daughter's account, it should be in her name and she could pick it up. WRONG! Because we used my credit card, it overrode all of her information with mine. The store wouldn't allow her to pick the freezer up, even when I called them. Instead they suggested that I call "dot com."
All "dot com" would do is cancel my existing order (with a refund in 5-10 days) and do a new order with my daughter's name on it with a fresh charge on my credit card.

This review was modified by brmbward on October 05 2015 09:44:49 AM

"I found a treadmill in a Sears store but they didn't have it in stock. The associates suggested ordering it online and having it shipped to the store nearest me. It took two weeks for the treadmill to arrive and I picked it up from the Morehead City, NC store. After half a dozen uses, the belt began to fray and I was still within the 30 day return policy so I contacted Sears.com and asked what to do. Patricia (online chat) said it had to be returned to the store it was picked up from so I loaded it into a borrowed vehicle to return it to the store.

I arrived at Morehead City, NC store to return it. The woman, Jenna, was helpful but couldn't "find" the transaction in their system. It shouldn't have mattered since I had the online receipt and the store pick-up receipt. Her manager then told her that they didn't accept returns at the store because they are an outlet store. I called Sears.com for them to verify that this was true since I was specifically told to return it to this store. After an hour on the phone, they said it had to be returned to a full-line store, which is 50 miles from me. This in itself is completely unacceptable.

Since they refused to take it at the store and the woman, Ads, from Sears.com "couldn't do anything more", I was forced to take it to Jacksonville, NC. The gentleman at merchandise pick-up, Jason, was extremely helpful but, again, for whatever reason they couldn't find it in their system even after entering everything from the receipts. He called Sears.com to see what the problem was and the woman on the phone told him it had to be returned to Morehead City, NC store. At this point, I was steaming mad and he told the woman I was told to return it to Jacksonville, NC. She said she can see where it was noted on the file that it was to be returned to Jacksonville but policy said it had to go to the store it was picked up from. Finally, I got on the phone with her and said I don't care what she has to say because they can't seem to get their information straight. I refused to leave the store with the treadmill and got on the phone with my credit card company to file a fraudulent charge. The woman on the phone then said because the order was placed over 30 days ago, I couldn't return it even though the order never arrived in store for two weeks after the date of purchase. It clearly showed the date that I paid in full and received the item at the store. She argued that it was from the date of purchase so I said if an item was out of stock and ordered online, I paid for it and it took 6 weeks to arrive, I couldn't return it. She said, "well no that's different." No, it's not different. Sears is simply trying to step around their return policy! She then said I should call a technician to come fix the problem. Are you serious?! After sending me on a wild goose chase with incorrect information, I was furious.

The manager at the Jacksonville, NC store was helpful. She finally told me to just hang up with Sears.com and she would refund the money. She couldn't believe the run around that I was given. I will never shop with Sears again. Ever.
Side note: Several workers at the Jacksonville, NC store said the manager at the Morehead City, NC store is a liar. They are not an outlet store, they are a home store and they absolutely MUST do returns there.

"WARNING: SEARS HAS NO BUSINESS INTEGRITY. Be very careful when shopping at Sears. They have no limit to how low they will go in an attempt to cheat their customers. When - not IF - you have a problem with them, be prepared for the worst possible customer service resolution. My experience began with the purchase of appliances that QUALIFIED for Zero Interest if we used our Sears Credit Card. Even though we paid off the purchases, Sears underhandedly charged interest and, to make matters worse, has sold that fraudulent "amount" to a collection agency EVEN THOUGH they acknowledge it was incorrectly assessed to our account. In essence, Sears manufactured a false and fraudulent "balance due" and have attempted to collect it even though they have admitted it isn't valid. Hey Sears, do you also go beat up little kids for their lunch money?? Sears, if you're struggling to stay afloat by cheating and then harassing your customers, maybe it's time to examine your business model and consider acting more like a business and less like a sleazy, fly by night peddler."

This review was modified by badsears on September 23 2015 08:02:51 AM

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!