Sears.comCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.05/10 1.05/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.73/10 0.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.14/10 0.14/10

"We own and operate several multi-family-friendly apartments in Southern California. We obviously need to buy and maintain various appliances for each and every one of our units. As we like to support the “American” economy, we have most often purchased the various appliances from Sears. We have had a few issues with Sears re: having repairs done to our various appliances. Those issues typically had to do with the scheduling of repairs, e.g. long wait times on the phone, not being able to get an appointment very quickly (most recently Sears making an appointment for us, but the repair company not having any record of it!), and the big window of times to have to wait for the repairman to arrive. We have not liked these issues, but we have dealt with these repair issues with Sears. But the most recent issue with Sears is inexcusable! We bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator ($2380.40) for one of our units on October 17, 2013. Out tenant let us know that there was some rusting on the handle of the refrigerator on October 27, 2014. We called Sears the next day and asked to have the refrigerator looked at. Sears said our warranty was expired 10 days ago. We explained that although the rust was reported to us now, it did not appear overnight, and when the refrigerator began to rust, it was still under warranty. We got the usual run-around, and “Sorry, the warranty has expired.” Sears then told us to try the manufacturer, Kenmore. We called Kenmore. But Kenmore is Sears! We got the exact same run-around. They even directed us to their Defective Merchandise Department to see if anyone had reported the same rusting issue. NO. No one else had. But that is of no surprise! Why would they communicate the fact that Sears has defective merchandise? We are totally insulted, and will never purchase from Sears/Kenmore appliances again. No wonder Sears is always, almost going out of business!"

"Purchase several applicances from Sears and within 7 months my microwave fan just starts running by itself (fire hazzard) and the microwave will not heat any items. The first repair technician was able to get the microware to heat and stated he has no clue what he did. Within 24 hours the microwave fan again runs by itself and will not heat. Called Sears again requesting a replacement which they denied. At this point i have unplugged the microwave so that it will not cause a fire. Sears now is sending another tech to work on it. Called Sears again and stated i want a replacement or have Sears send me in writting that they will cover damages from fire that the microwave cause. First customer support lady was rude and stated that wont happen and did not want to transfer me to a supervisor. After requesting over and over i was finally able to get a supervisor on the call. He stated the microwave is listed as a repair only item and will not replace it. At this point i will never ever purchase a single item from Sears again. I will now have to unplug this microwave each time after use - i don't trust this GE microwave even if the Sears technician repairs it. Don't purchase from Sears!!!! They will not stand by their products!."

modified review This review was modified by JEB1960 on October 29 2014 10:23:48 AM

"I placed an order in September 11, a month and a half passed I didn't received the order nor could cancel in person at the store or by the 3 times that I called their customer service department.
Awful service I will never buy here again.

"on 8/24/14 I received my new Samsung Double door refrigerator with a dent and scrathes on it. the delivery guy tell sme to call 800-732-7747 and someone will help. at that number they offered to send me by mail a 200.00 gift card to keep the fridge. needless to say I called twice and spoke to Jasmine and karen and they assured me someone would call me back from gift card services( who does not have a number) and noone has called..Oh and if you ask to speak to a manager they wont let you I will never purchase from these guys again. I should have learned the first time when their portrat studio went out of business and left hundreds of clients in the wind."

modified review This review was modified by masonchef on October 23 2014 12:40:58 PM

"Wasting my morning, wasting gas driving to Cary Sears to pick up my on line order, after waiting 20 minutes behind closed doors I have been told in flat face they can not find my order in anywhere and they do not know where it is! I got e mail and phone calls 3 days ago "my order is ready to pickup" at Sears in Cary location. They offered to try to locate my order and call me back which I said no thanks I have wasted enough time and canceled my order.
PS:
One day after my post and contact with Sears.com I have received an e mail of apology plus offer of free shipping for my order. I though it is only fare to update and give them credit for their attention

modified review This review was modified by anthonyayz on October 21 2014 11:26:25 AM

"Local dealers are great.
Service calls and customer service are abysmal. Have a treadmill that has never worked and it has been over a year. If you can imagine, got a call to renew my extended warranty and the thing has never worked!! One customer service lady actually told me that workers can make more in the oilfield so should I really be surprised that they can't keep servicemen. Was no help even after that comment.

"I bought 3 appliances totaling over $2100.00 on Oct 4th, after 5 delivery appointment date and 4 being cancelled I still only have 2 out the 3 appliance as of Oct 15th. Their reps are rude, frustrating and disrespectful. I cannot believe the missed worked I have missed because of their issues and cancelling the morning of delivery an hour before it was suppose to arrive, the way they leave you on hold for supervisors for 25 minutes and then was told they are all in a meeting, I've been lied to about my product being at their warehouse when it wasn't. They are HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS.....SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE "

"I just had a brand new GE Cafe Refrigerator delivered and the freezer does not work. Upon contacting Sears "Customer Service", I was told to call back tomorrow, because their system was not yet updated and they could not schedule delivery for a replacement until then. Delivery would then occur several days after tomorrow. They recommend that I get an ice chest for my frozen food. Looks like I will be waiting at home another day for a redelivery that will hopefully work. "

"all their products are s*** I will never buy from them again"

"I will never order from Sears.com again!! I ordered a 250-pc Craftsman tool set for my son's 20th birthday. Today I came home to a child's car seat sitting in my driveway. I called and they told me I would have to wait 2 or 3 days for UPS to come back and pick it up, then re-order my original item. My son's birthday is in 4 days!! I told him that was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard - just send the item I ordered. Nope. Not unless I wanted my credit card charged again. I said fine, send me what I need to return this thing, and tell your supervisors I am very unhappy with your policy. He said thank you for your comments and hung up. Um, Hello?? How do I get my son's birthday present that I ordered? I had to call back, and the woman I got was very nice and friendly. She says, let's get a new one ordered, we'll ship it overnight and he'll have it for his birthday on Monday. Yay! Well, nope. After putting me on hold several more times and speaking to various supervisors and THEIR supervisors, she came back on the line and said they would charge me $85 for overnight shipping and REQUEST a refund, but it was not guaranteed. UM, NO!!!! Now my 20 year old son has a baby car seat and no tools. Sears.com suck and I will never order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by jenedinger on October 02 2014 05:26:03 PM

"Sears.com is a dream crusher. I ordered an elliptical to be delivered on 9/18. On 9/17 I receive a call notifying me that my item will not be delivered until after the 24th. I schedule for the 26th. I paid someone to sit in my home from 2:30-5py appt time. I get home at 5pm and no sears. I call the warehouse and was told that they were already at my house. I said impossible. Then he said oh sorry wrong person. They have 14 stops they are on number 11 and i was number 14. I called again at 7:30pm. I was told by by the driver that they had one more delivery ahead of me. At 9:30pm I called the driver who told me that they had 1 more delivery before mine. They show up at 10:30p extremely reluctant. I show them the space he goes to his truck returns and says we don't have the man power to get it upstairs and assemble it. I can just put it down as a delivery only. Are you kidding? I only ordered from sears because they delivered and setup. I said no. I called sears and demanded a refund. Then sears offered me a 10 percent off coupon to be used on my next purchase. Seriously! Then the driver told the warehouse that they offered to setup my elliptical downstairs which is a blatant lie. What kind of unreliable lying people is sears employing? How are they still in business? "

modified review This review was modified by kerriew24 on September 27 2014 04:28:29 AM

"**NEVER BUY A MATTRESS/BOX SPRING THROUGH SEARS**

While my interactions in the store were fine, buying a mattress through this company was one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. My husband and I were looking to upgrade to a new mattress and box spring, and we tried Sears because their prices seemed so reasonable. Well, now we know why. We ended up paying over $700 for a bed that we did not receive. Not only was the box spring broken immediately after they delivered it, but it took them one week to replace it. But even more frustrating is the fact we laid down on our pricey new bed that felt like a slab of concrete. There was no give in the cushion what-so-ever and we both suffered with back pain and sleepless nights for weeks. We kept thinking that maybe we just needed to break it in, but after 6 weeks, it still feels as firm as the first day we received it. We were so frustrated that we went in to two different Sears stores to lay on the same brand of mattress that we had chosen. I knew from the moment I felt the mattress with my hand that it was not the same mattress that they delivered to us. The display model was almost plush feeling, and our mattress at home felt like an extra-extra firm. When we went home we noticed that there was no proof that the mattress they delivered was the same as the mattress we picked out in the store. There was only a hand-written label connected to the side of it with plastic similar to a clothing tag. Sears supposedly makes each mattress to each order and then delivers it. But who's to say that they are making the mattress with the same materials as the display model? When we google'd this issue, we found that we had been scammed. Hundreds of other people dealt with the same exact issue, and more disturbingly, had to pay a re-stocking fee and delivery fee in order to return it. Even if you wanted to exchange it, you would have to pay delivery fees.

By this point I was pretty darn angry. We went into a Sears store and when the salesperson realized we weren't there to buy a mattress they became very unprofessional and wouldn't pay attention to us. We explained what had happened and she said "Yikes, I would call the 800-number and talk to customer service" because apparently we have to do everything for ourselves now-a-days.

So we finally called in after making an effort to get used to this mattress because we did not want to have to pay money for THEIR mistake (or should I say, SCAM). When we called the 800-number the woman wasn't even surprised by our predicament, and made a point to keep saying that just because the mattress didn't meet our expectations didn't mean we didn't have to pay the fees (which would have been about $140!!!!!!!! FOR A MISTAKE THAT THEY MADE. I would not take no for an answer and insisted that we would not PAY to RETURN a mistake/scam that THEY made. We even offered to have them send someone out to prove to them that it was not the right mattress and they just said that they would not do that.

After calling back and talking to a tad nicer customer service rep, we were able to get the delivery fee waved, and half of the re-stocking fee waved, leaving us with a $53 charge for them to come take the horrible bed away. We were tolerant of this amount and she processed the return. When we got off the phone we received the receipt in an email showing that they still charged us the FULL $107. Another hour of yelling and arguing on the phone this morning got us nowhere.

I will absolutely never deal with Sears again. What a horrible experience. Sears is already a run-down, discount-type store, so to have this type of fraudulent behavior is even worse. Obviously they're failing for a reason. I hope they go belly-up soon because it's being run by a bunch of crooks.

modified review This review was modified by aylasoma on September 26 2014 08:49:22 AM

"Purchased a washer & dryer from Sears in January and for 3-4 months everything was fine. Then the nightmare begins. I have spent more time on the phone with them and taken more days off of work to wait on a technician to come out. First time the technician came out and fixed the problem and said there was a design flaw with the specific model and we should try and get a new one. Second time they scheduled it (under the wrong name and model) then called and said the technician was sick so they would have to reschedule (again had taken half a day off work). Later that evening a technician showed up out of the blue, he had all the wrong information, name, phone number, model number etc. But because the service ticket was not correct he could not do anything. About 3 days later another technician showed up (another half day off of work) and said that there was a firmware update due to the design flaw. Now the washer has been working ok (other than the grinding noise it makes when they cycle starts up) but wait went to turn it back on and low and behold the unit wont power up and the door is locked.

My wife and I have collectively been on the phone with Sears for over 3 hours and no one can seem to help us out. Problem with this is not that the service date is for next week but the fact that we have cloths in the washer and by waiting for a week the cloths will probably spoil. So I am trying to get someone to give me some help on getting the washer opened so that we do not have to replace all of the cloths in there. Again, customer service tells me there is nothing that can be done till next week. If I try to open it myself the warranty will be voided. So do I let $1,000 -$2,000 worth of cloths spoil or do I open it myself.

Sears.com User

"I am still waiting my washer, the worst customer service ever, ,I had to take half day off to wait for the washer... well they didnt show up, i called and they said they didnt find me, yeah right... call me... and they said well schedule an other day ... please this is not the way to do business"

Sears.com User

"I have had the worst experience possible with their online store. I registered for a sheet set for my wedding and when it came in the mail it was the wrong type of sheets and missing parts of the set. That was over a month ago and 10 phone calls ago. Each time I call they say they will send me an email...so far all that has been received are two customer service surveys which were filled out as I saw fit. I can't believe how terrible their customer service is. I will tell everyone I know of this experience it hopes of saving them the headache I have gone through, if you want to spend over $100 on a sheet set I suggest ordering it from anywhere other than sears.com, you won't ever receive them if you do!! "

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!