• Sears.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.18/10 1.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.69/10 0.69/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10

2015-07-25

"Thanks for another rip off, Sears. Yesterday, we went to Sears Red Tag event, where in the store it was posted, Take an additional 40% off all red tagged items. So, I found three pairs of shoes I really liked, they all had red tags on them, but when I got up to pay for them, the cashier says the red tag deals dont apply to shoes. Hunh? I read the sign again. Nope, no mention of shoes not being included. The tags were definitely red. Hmmmm. So, are you thinking that I would not care and pay full price for shoes that you assured me would be 40% off? No. I dont think so. Thanks for wasting my time, though. "

2015-07-24

"This is the worst service Ive ever received. I order an item on June 4th. Was supposed to be delivered on the 8th. It took them two weeks to figure out that my order never left the warehouse. They has to refund my order with no explanation as to why the order didnt get shipped. It is not he 24th of July and Im still waiting for my refund. Every time I called I always get the same answer .. Im sorry this is happening please let me send this to escalations, give us 24-48 hours until you receive an e-mail. I wait.... Than nothing... I call back and get the same line. All I want is my money back for the item they never shipped. I will NEVER shop at sears again... Regardless if it is online or in store . WORST service ever.... "

This review was modified by SearsSucksreallybad on July 24 2015 08:38:24 AM

2015-07-21

"Wow - how this company is still in business is just beyond me. I bought a new Craftsman tractor this spring, and since then I've been trying to buy accessories. They have no compatibility charts so you have to guess if a part will fit or not fit. So I bought a mulching plug and of course I guessed wrong and got the wrong part. I just spent an hour on the phone getting tossed around because nobody at sears customer service could FIND my order! Apparently, each department is independent of the other departments so there is no one database that all departments are connected to. How on earth is a major company like Sears so utterly lacking in technology?? I just can't comprehend how this happens in this day and age of technology. I just continue to sit here and shake my head in disbelief.
So it gets better...now they tell me that they only sell the mulch plug I need in a kit along with the blades. I of course already bought the blades, since nobody at the Sears store told me that I need to buy the full kit, and not just the blades. So I call Sears customer service - I'm looking at the mulch kit online, my question is - will it fit my tractor and give her the model #? The lady says "I'm sorry that part doesn't exist"!! Really - so I give her the part number and magically she finds it...beyond incompetent. So I ask again, "Will this fit my tractor". The answer I get...."well I think so". They don't even know what parts fit which model numbers.
I wish I had done more research on Sears before buying the tractor. I have a feeling it will be out on the front lawn for sale by next spring and I'll go buy a John Deere!"

2015-07-15

"I'm SO shocked this company is still up and running. I wish so badly I would have read some reviews before purchasing products. I have had nothing but problems with Sears. I could not be more disgusted with how this company is run. I recently bought a new fridge, washer, and dryer from Sears. One month later my fridge is turning itself on and off. I have called over 15 times to try and resolve this issue. Every single time I'm either lied to, passed over, or ignored. One lady suggested we buy a compact fridge from Sears to resolve our problem. Is that how they solve problems by requesting customers to purchase more insufficient products from their store? Unbelievable! Currently, I'm waiting over a week and a half to get my refrigerator fixed. All of my frozen and refrigerated food is now garbage. Not to mention the water on the floor from everything defrosting. The last person I talked to told me that a technician would be here today, Wednesday, in the morning and would call me last night to tell me when they are coming. Well, it's currently 12:11PM and I never received a call last night telling me what time they would be here. I will not be here in a few hours and will most likely have to wait another week and half to get our fridge fixed. We are hosting a big graduation party this Saturday and are screwed because of their staff and company. I could not be more unhappy and dissatisfied. "

This review was modified by Dissatisfied1223 on July 15 2015 10:30:42 AM

2015-07-14

"what do you do even when edward lambert doest respond

no one cares about your problem ...so disappointed with sears"

This review was modified by vandams on July 14 2015 03:37:43 PM

2015-07-13

"Was the worst service I ever had, never could get a stright answer no one could tell u about your order or were it was, said it would be delivered by the first and never was delivered, a wek later. even said I didn't even exist could not even find my order. Bad service I will never shop there again and will tell others about the bad bussniss."

2015-07-09

"All I can say is Wow! This was an experience I would not wish on anyone. Honestly, I don't feel like writing a book. Here are the highlights. Worst experience I have ever had in my life. The quickest service I received was when Sears took my money for an item I never received. Took 3 weeks to receive this Fathers Day present which never arrived. The shipping number is bogus. Sears claims they have a shipping number with OTH shipping (Over The Horizon). I don't believe it exists. There is no way to reach OTH and the shipping number cannot be referenced anywhere in the world. I received an email stating my order was in ship status. Then I received an email stating the item was in shipped status. Interesting enough, my home office window is directly next to my front door. When they attempted to tell me the item arrived at my front door I explained to them that no one could get to my front door without me seeing them. They back pedaled and danced around. They also told me they could not refund me because they had to talk to "the 3rd party vendor first and promised to contact me in 24 hours. Another lie. It was 3 days before I contact them; only because they never contacted me. And do not believe that you will ever speak to someone in the US; because once you call the US number it immediately gives to beeps relative to dial buttons on a phone. This is to ship you over to their "International Facility". When I asked them if I was speaking to someone in India, they would not tell me. Again, more deceit. I told them to stop contacting the vendor for shipment. I wanted my money back. They assured me that I would get my money back (you guessed it) once the "third party vendor" was contacted. 3 more days went by. I called back again. And again, they are trying to reach the third party vendor to process my order. I again TELL them I don't care about the Father's Day gift that no longer exists. I want my money back. More deceit. Thank goodness for paypal. I contacted paypal and was able to get my money back. Bottom line - they lie, they are not in the US,they have zero customer service skills, they don't listen to your request, they are not trustworthy and they are the worst company in the world to deal with. My apologies for the book. However, when you have been scammed, you want everyone to understand your experience. STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM SEARS!!!!!!"

This review was modified by scottmcgrath777 on July 09 2015 07:26:58 PM

2015-07-06

"Bad service. Don't use free shipping. Waited on package for a week. Had a tough time communicating with both Sears and the freight company they use for free shipping. Shipping company didn't answer phone right away. Tracking with free shipping company was harder than FedEx or ups."

2015-07-03

"Worst company ever!!! Worst customer service. I bought a tent for $200 it came with a huge hole in the bottom with a pole through it. As soon as it was delivered I called them. Was on the phone for 3 hrs to be told it would be a week before it is picked up and then two weeks before they are able to look at it and tell me why it was damaged. Then after that they will issue me a refund at 3 to 4 weeks. All I wanted was an even exchange but they said if I wanted another one they would have to charge me twice! On top of this it took me calling 4 times because they hung up on me 3 times when trying to transfer me to a manager. Then the last manager I talked to Yohan mocked me. Never again will I shop here. 7/3/15"

This review was modified by Saddest on July 03 2015 09:31:37 PM

2015-06-27

"I have placed 3 orders from Sears.com in the last 30 days and had issues with all 3. First order - was "in stock" but the next day they cancelled it because it was no longer in stock. I could buy from another vendor through their site. But the price doubled. It was a set of 4 coffee cups, so it was still a fair price. But I only got one cup. And after 3 weeks I finally get a response that there was a mistake and it was supposed to be for only one cup. Not gonna honor their advertised item. And today it is still on the website as a Set of 4. The second order was glass measuring cups. They arrived poorly packaged and in tiny pieces. When I pulled out of the shipping box they left glass all over my sofa cushions. Do you know how easy it is to get tiny pieces of glass out of furniture???? That vendor did send a return shipping label and refunded my costs. But it was frustrating. The third package was from Sears themselves. The items worked well...but the shipping package was horrible. There was no fill inside the box, just the batteries that I ordered. The shipping box was crushed and I wasn't sure we should plug the batteries in because I didn't know if they sustained any damage. I will not buy from Sears.com again. 3 strikes and you are out!"

This review was modified by shopper505 on June 27 2015 04:43:57 AM

2015-06-21

"We purchased a bed and payed extra for Saturday delivery we made ready for delivery and only received the box spring and frame when I asked where my mattress was they forgot it at the warehouse and where not going to get it for 3 more days (what) I have to sleep on the floor hows this fair or good sevise they pretty much laughed in my face and said to bad.. I will never shop there again or recommend them to any one ever.."

2015-06-12

"I read reviews before going to Sears and thought they must be exagerating but NO. It will be difficult for me to sum up my experience here but I must try. From the purchase to the delivery and set up (my washer is now sitting in the middle of my living room) to the call center that is on the other side of the world from me, this has been the WORST experience of my life with any store. I should have gotten a clue when I walked in to an empty store. Seriously, there was nobody else in the whole Sears store that I could see. After the sale I was left to deal with the call center which must be located over seas. I believe they will tell you anything to get you off the phone and leave you to wait and wonder if and when someone is ever coming to install. Let's back up a bit to the purchase. I bought a W/D. I was also sold stainless hoses, a washer drip pan in addition to a take away charge and a 4 prong plug (they said they couldn't use the one I have). My appt is set and I recieve a text stating the driver will call me 30 min prior to confirm. I wait at work for the call for my 11-1pm window. No call. I call, "oh they are running late" I am told this 3 times until I call at 630pm and then I am told they came out 5 hours ago and no one was home and I am scheduled for 4 days from now. REALLY? So I fight on the phone for about 2 hours and finally get an appt for two days later. One of the things they sold me at the original point of sale was a drip pan for my washer. Soooo. They arrive on Friday, my second afternoon off work, and inform me that they do not install the drip pans, they only bring them. Also, the pussy installer couldn't get the old hot water hose off and told me I would have to hire a plumber to have this done and also have the hole drilled for the pan to fit over the existing drain hole. I am 55 and a single mom and sorry, I don't have a hole saw handy!!! It would have been nice to know this needed to be done!!!! NOW, he says, we will leave your washer here in your living room and you need to hire a plumber to get the rest done. BYE. And they leave and mind you they took my old washer and dryer with them. SOOO I call a plumber and pay a ridiculous amount for them to do these two things and call Sears and tell them I need to have someone come back out and finish the install and they say "OK great you are on for tomorrow you will get a call with your time window." I did not get a call and at 930pm I call and they say "We have no record of you". This results in ANOTHER 45 minute call and most of my evening. I don't know about any of you that might be reading this but I am a reasonable person and this has just been an absolute nightmare. I can see taking an afternoon off to take delivery, but having a 3rd and 4th appointment is beyond what is appropriate. I used to think Sears was an iconic store but I don't see them being around much longer. Bottom line. I will NEVER buy anything from Sears again. They are a dinasaur stuck in the past and sadly are just no longer relevent. "

This review was modified by ihatesears1961 on June 12 2015 11:06:02 PM

2015-06-08

"This is by far the worst experience I have ever had buying anything!!! I will never purchase anything from Sears again. They have shifted their customer service overseas which is the desperate attempt of a company going out of business. I am writing this as I am on the phone having talked to the 5th person.....who just hung up on me. I can't believe this. Save yourself time and money and purchase somewhere else!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by george5555 on June 08 2015 11:02:53 AM

2015-05-18

"Worst customer service of my life...unable to deliver three different times and indifference to customer care. Buyers BEWARE!!!!

I ordered a mattress from Sears online and received the worst customer service of my life. I paid extra for the delivery to come on a Saturday and when given a time frame for delivery that did not work, I was directed to call and reschedule the time, I did that as soon as I received the call and I was assured the delivery time would be later in the day. Dispatch never communicated with the driver any instructions and they came early and the mattress was not delivered. This occurred three different times and when I asked to be refunded the difference between a Saturday delivery versus a weekday delivery I was told that I would need to do that online, that customer service could not help me with that problem. Each time I spoke to a customer service representative, they promised different times and were not able to deliver.

Now that I have received the mattress a week later, the product is great but the headache was not worth buying through Sears. I was shocked at the incredibly poor level of customer service and indifference to customer satisfaction that Sears had towards me that no matter the price I would never buy from them again in any capacity."

2015-05-17

"This was the first time I had bought anything from Sears and that too online.My tops and my son's shirt was too big so I went to the above mentioned store to return the 3 items. I top was processed.Then the girl couldnot process return of other two items.She was in hurry to go somewhere so she passed me onto the other girl.Second one couldnot do it so she asked me to go to another Cust Serv person in men's section.She tried and couldnot do it and she was in some hurry to go somewhere too so I was TOSSED to the fourth girl and they tried calling manager for help.All this took 30 minutes and another 15 minutes I waited for the manager but he/she didn't come.Cust Serv asked him/her to come to counter numerous times but nothing.After 45mins wait I had to leave without any resokution.Will I ever go to that store....NEVER.If manager is so lazy,no wonder rest of staff is like that.WHen I said I wil complain, one girl said"OK". "

This review was modified by simsangwan on May 17 2015 03:15:18 PM

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!