Sears.comCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.69/10 0.69/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.06/10 1.06/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.66/10 0.66/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.13/10 0.13/10

"Ordered a refrigerator online and Sears delivered and setup in garage. Could never keep a cool temperature from August to November through all temperature ranges.
Sears would not honor the warranty because it was in the garage. Never mentioned in warranty or online. Also delivered with handle on wrong side because website did not have the place to designate it. Installer said it should have.

Never deal with Sears online!

modified review This review was modified by larrylan on November 24 2014 11:29:15 AM

"Liars,Liars Liars no respect for customers. One example : supervisor Justine from customer service. She just lied to me in conversation over the phone regarding my late delivery. For sure ,Sears is out of my shopping list. Shame on you."

modified review This review was modified by noSears5 on November 23 2014 12:55:53 PM

"Their sales person on line sets you up for delivery and set up, then the set up company calls you and says they had no right to do so, they have no way to know their schedule so they delayed my delivery by 3 days
they set up the wall stove and left, it was fanning hot air into the kitchen, I called them they said its normal, It is not normal to get 400 degree tempretare fanned into your kitchen. I called number of times and one call a woman at their dleivery and set up department for one hour, she set me up for an even exchange next Monday 3 days before Thanks Giving, only to find out yesterday they don't have this set up and don't have a replacement oven until Dec 10th and she spent 1 hour of my time while she was acting like she is setting me up but she didn't do anything, she gave me a confirmation number but later I found out it was my order number on their comptuer and not confirmation number. If you buy from this company you should have nerves of steel, and or a hole in your head. I spent 3 hours on the phone, they kept apalogyzing but that was it. I say buy from others and save your sanity. Their product is 400 higher than on line stores in my case, I had to pay tax and delivery where on line folks don't charge and by the time I get the actual stove in, it would be twice longer than the onlne

modified review This review was modified by mhomi on November 22 2014 09:31:39 AM

"Purchased a Samsung Fridge 2 years ago (Black Friday Deal). Talked into the service contract/warranty. Had problems with the fridge sounding like a freight train and ice-maker malfunctions. We were told after 3 service calls, Sears would replace the fridge. After 4 calls, the story changed to: "well, we have to be called 3 times for the same problem, and replace the same "moving" part 3 times." After 5 service calls, "We are sorry, we don't show any record of you purchasing the service contract." I went to post a review on this site a year ago; I was contacted by Sears right away. They told me they would "make things right, even replace the fridge if I didn't post the review." I took the bait. A year later, still stuck with this dang fridge that sporadically produces avalanches of ice and other times, a geyser of water shoots out. Not to mention the noise. Recommend staying away from Samsung and Sears. And post your review, even if they offer to work with you. Plan is to replace with a Maytag and put the Samsung in the garage (without water hookup)."

"I have shopped in store and on line with sears, for years! They now do this "like Amazon" thing where you can purchase from other companies. This gives you more options! ? They could at least let you know this up front, not after you verify payment. The two companies are not always synced. It takes forever to find your order and get a refund! Don't shop on line. They do not care that they inconvenience you! "

modified review This review was modified by justme68 on November 20 2014 12:35:11 PM

"Placed order online, and choose local pickup. Nightmare is coming. After two days so called credit card verification, 6 calls, 4 emails, finally got the "ready to pick" email. Then head to store, the staff told me "sorry, we don't have it in stock ". Guess what Sears customer service said? Place cancel your order and place a new one. Are you kidding?! "

modified review This review was modified by searssuckssss on November 18 2014 04:02:03 PM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM SEARS! Terrible customer service reps and if you order more than one thing everything arrives scattered and months apart! It is no wonder this company is going under."

"Advertised prices online then when you try to buy that item they give you a million reasons why they can't honor it. Classic Bait and Switch. Dishonest company. "

modified review This review was modified by jbbd on November 16 2014 06:54:28 PM

"1-star is way too generous for this store. I returned a vacuum cleaner that had a missing bottom cover; they kept me waiting for 40 minutes in the appliance section until they finally processed the return. The item was paid by a gift card and credit card combined. They said they can put the entire return amount on my credit card. I also got a return receipt. Now, 25 days passed and I had two trips back to that store, and I still haven't got anything back on my credit card. On my last trip to this store, the store manager kept me waiting for 30 minutes (because apparently he had a meeting at 7pm!). I was waiting there like a fool and and then He still refused to see me after that time, sending messages through his unprofessional sales associate. Now, my option is to dispute my credit charge as I spoke to my bank, however, my gift card credit is basically gone. This store should be closed for such a low standard of customer service. I would still consider taking legal actions against them."

modified review This review was modified by farhadna on November 03 2014 08:40:17 AM

"We own and operate several multi-family-friendly apartments in Southern California. We obviously need to buy and maintain various appliances for each and every one of our units. As we like to support the “American” economy, we have most often purchased the various appliances from Sears. We have had a few issues with Sears re: having repairs done to our various appliances. Those issues typically had to do with the scheduling of repairs, e.g. long wait times on the phone, not being able to get an appointment very quickly (most recently Sears making an appointment for us, but the repair company not having any record of it!), and the big window of times to have to wait for the repairman to arrive. We have not liked these issues, but we have dealt with these repair issues with Sears. But the most recent issue with Sears is inexcusable! We bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator ($2380.40) for one of our units on October 17, 2013. Out tenant let us know that there was some rusting on the handle of the refrigerator on October 27, 2014. We called Sears the next day and asked to have the refrigerator looked at. Sears said our warranty was expired 10 days ago. We explained that although the rust was reported to us now, it did not appear overnight, and when the refrigerator began to rust, it was still under warranty. We got the usual run-around, and “Sorry, the warranty has expired.” Sears then told us to try the manufacturer, Kenmore. We called Kenmore. But Kenmore is Sears! We got the exact same run-around. They even directed us to their Defective Merchandise Department to see if anyone had reported the same rusting issue. NO. No one else had. But that is of no surprise! Why would they communicate the fact that Sears has defective merchandise? We are totally insulted, and will never purchase from Sears/Kenmore appliances again. No wonder Sears is always, almost going out of business!"

"Purchase several applicances from Sears and within 7 months my microwave fan just starts running by itself (fire hazzard) and the microwave will not heat any items. The first repair technician was able to get the microware to heat and stated he has no clue what he did. Within 24 hours the microwave fan again runs by itself and will not heat. Called Sears again requesting a replacement which they denied. At this point i have unplugged the microwave so that it will not cause a fire. Sears now is sending another tech to work on it. Called Sears again and stated i want a replacement or have Sears send me in writting that they will cover damages from fire that the microwave cause. First customer support lady was rude and stated that wont happen and did not want to transfer me to a supervisor. After requesting over and over i was finally able to get a supervisor on the call. He stated the microwave is listed as a repair only item and will not replace it. At this point i will never ever purchase a single item from Sears again. I will now have to unplug this microwave each time after use - i don't trust this GE microwave even if the Sears technician repairs it. Don't purchase from Sears!!!! They will not stand by their products!."

modified review This review was modified by JEB1960 on October 29 2014 10:23:48 AM

"I placed an order in September 11, a month and a half passed I didn't received the order nor could cancel in person at the store or by the 3 times that I called their customer service department.
Awful service I will never buy here again.

"on 8/24/14 I received my new Samsung Double door refrigerator with a dent and scrathes on it. the delivery guy tell sme to call 800-732-7747 and someone will help. at that number they offered to send me by mail a 200.00 gift card to keep the fridge. needless to say I called twice and spoke to Jasmine and karen and they assured me someone would call me back from gift card services( who does not have a number) and noone has called..Oh and if you ask to speak to a manager they wont let you I will never purchase from these guys again. I should have learned the first time when their portrat studio went out of business and left hundreds of clients in the wind."

modified review This review was modified by masonchef on October 23 2014 12:40:58 PM

"This is actually a review for the Canadian branch of Sears (Sears.ca).
Processing the order online was quick and simple. After a few clicks, I had confirmation my order would be delivered October 7th... When the day came, the item never arrived. Since then, 4 calls were made.
- 1st call: Delivered to the wrong person. Transferred to supervisor, would investigate and get back to me in 2 business days to receive a call.
- 2nd call: After 3 business days, I received no call, so I called, then said they were working on the case, give them 2 more business days to receive a call.
- 3rd call: After 2 more, still no call. Person answers phone, makes me wait, tells me supervisor told her to patient 3 more days for their call, and that supervisor refuses to talk to me. I was angry, but waited anyways.
- 4th call: After transferring to supervisor, they said there's still no detail to my order. We're Oct. 22, 15 days after expected delivery. She offered to credit me on my credit card, but there's no confirmation e-mail or number to what they did, just trust her words. Credit should come in around 14 days from today.
- 5th call: Today, November 13th, after still not receiving my reimbursement after 3 weeks, I decided to call them back. The person in the orders section told me that the last customer representative did not leave any notes regarding my reimbursement on my file, and that's why I never got my money back. Now I am extremely angry. I'll be making a call back again tomorrow to file a complaint against their head office and reverse the transaction on my credit card if possible.
-6th call: On October 14, I called again. Now I get a nicer representative that walked me through and explained that the system for client services is different from the order department, that's why the notes weren't visible. She would follow up on my case.
-7th call: Today, October 18, representative tells me again that they have to go through the whole process of checking for the lost item. I demanded for their supervisor, and for the first time I could talk to one. He unfortunately says that currently, the item says it was delivered by UPS, but that the person that signed wasn't me. Because of this, they cannot reimburse, so I'm stuck again waiting. Funny thing is, the person that was supposed to start off the investigation on the 2nd call never did it appropriately until I met the nice rep on the 6th call, so I am now delayed again by at least 2 weeks.

This is the first time I've dealt with such disastrous customer service. A one time experience, never again.

modified review This review was modified by mm21xx on November 18 2014 11:43:58 AM

"Wasting my morning, wasting gas driving to Cary Sears to pick up my on line order, after waiting 20 minutes behind closed doors I have been told in flat face they can not find my order in anywhere and they do not know where it is! I got e mail and phone calls 3 days ago "my order is ready to pickup" at Sears in Cary location. They offered to try to locate my order and call me back which I said no thanks I have wasted enough time and canceled my order.
PS:
One day after my post and contact with Sears.com I have received an e mail of apology plus offer of free shipping for my order. I though it is only fare to update and give them credit for their attention

modified review This review was modified by anthonyayz on October 21 2014 11:26:25 AM

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!