Stores > Sears.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.60/10 0.60/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.87/10 0.87/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.57/10 0.57/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sears.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-13

wrong parts sent, big hassle

"The incorrect parts were sent. I tried the chat option to rectify the problem. The agent obviously could not access the correct information, was EXTREMELY slow in responding, just didn't seem to have any kind of a grip on the situation. Then I tried to get things fixed by calling Sears parts online. Supposedly the correct parts are coming - we'll see. They want the incorrect parts sent back - ok but why do I have to go through the hassle of filling out the on-line forms then have to drive 7 plus miles to the nearest UPS store to return the parts?? It's their error, not mine that caused all this. No wonder Sears is folding."

2017-07-12

Terrible

"Ordered something online that I needed in the time frame they said item would arrive. Four days after I place order I get an email saying I need to call to confirm I am the actual buyer. They ask bunch of personal random questions. I answered many questions, but after they started getting personal, like what car I drive and how old my mother was, I straight up asked to talk to the manager (I was on hold forever!) and told her it was weird and felt uncomfortable giving all that info over the phone. I order online all the time from other places and never had this happen. She said she understood and would confirm my order. Well next day I get an email again saying my order was cancelled! I called again and said that I had to place the order again and probably go through all those questions again.. Ugh! So much time wasted. This was the first and last time trying to order from Sears!"

2017-07-08

sears cancelled my order after 6 days without an explanation

"On July 2nd 2017 I put an order for ratchet socket set and I was supposed to pick up in my close by Sears. Then I got an email saying that sorry, the item is not available on that store and either I can cancel the order or they can offer me free shipping. Well I accepted free shipping and I was supposed to receive it on July 8th. My credit was charged and the status stayed at processing the order till July 7th. I called them up and the agent told me my order was cancelled because of a delay on Sears side. I said I do not want to cancel it and Sears cannot cancel it by his side.By the way, it was showing the item is still available. I chatted online and the other agent said the item is shipped and I will get on July 8th but did not provide me any tracking number and then I told him I am told my order is cancelled and then he said yes my order is cancelled !!!. It proved me Sears is a dying crappy business that will be eaten up by Amazon and other online businesses. They do not respect customers. I will never buy anything from Sears."

2017-07-04

Poor customer service

"Purchase a gifrcard 4 weeks ago for my father for a father's day gift and he still has yet to receive it. How hard is it to mail a gift card. When I call to ask for a refund they say "let me see if we can get you one" you shouldn't have to see u should issue me one. Now I wait in am email approval for a refund. Something so easy yet so hard."

2017-07-02

Lawn Mower Service

"On May 16th 2017 I made an appointment with Sears for the tune up for my Craftsman riding Lawn Tractor. Service order # 7670 42889425. It was scheduled for 8AM-12PM. I received a call from Technician (Scott) approximately 4:00 PM that he is on his way. Tech arrived at 4:45pm (5 HR'S LATE). He had a trainee with him. Technician asked the trainee to turn the tractor around. Trainee made a " K " turn with three hard brakes and broke the tractor brake. As the appointment was for the tune up, technician Scott was telling me the tractor brake is broken. I told him about the three hard brakes caused the brakes to be broken. I told him the tractor is operable and I had my lawn done two days ago. He said he cannot perform the tune unless he fix the brakes. I then asked him how much it will cost to fix it. He went to his truck and came back after 15 min and said it will cost me $1265.00. I mentioned to him I could buy a new lawn mower tractor with this money. He then said if I purchased a Home Appliance Service Contract he will be able to give me 50% off. Also he will have to order the parts and I will have to pay in advance for the cost of repair. I was curious why the brakes are so expensive? He told me he will have to replace the transmission as well as the brakes because these parts are both together. I told him I am not interested for this costly repair of $1265. I asked him to do the tune up and he refused. He then asked me for the payment for the diagnostic fees of $99 plus tax total of $102.10. I refused and told him I did not made this appointment for to do any diagnostic and I already knew I need tune up. Technician threatened me that he will send me the bill by mail if I don't pay.
On May 16th after the technician's departure I called the Sears (800) 469-4663 to complain about this service and spoke to Kay. I mentioned her about the charges as well as the brakes. She told me not to worry about the charges. I was with her on the phone approximately 40 minutes and then she transfer me to Sedgwick and spoke to Lauren. She opened up claim #L1705165113-0001. I was told I should be receiving a phone call from Claims Associates by Friday May 19th. I waited until May 22 and called back to Sedgwick (866) 352-1521 and spoke to Sandy. I was told this claim was assigned to Mr. Mathew Greenly ext. 50976. I was transfer to his extension and I left him a voice mail. I called on May 23 twice and left Mr. Greenly message. No response. I then called the main number end of the day of May 23 and ask for his supervisor. I then transfer to his supervisor Mr. Adam Severily (ext. 50683). He told me I need to get an estimate from a third party. I called many places who would the Lawn Mower service, they are all busy and they will not come to my home to write up an estimate. I am not able to carry my tractor to these service places. I then called Sears on May 25th, 2017 and spoke to Jeffery. He suggested having a technician come to my house and do the estimates however it will cost me $102. THIS IS A WORST COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT FROM SEARS.

2017-06-29

Washer not working

"I contacted corporate and they will not do anything for because I have had the washer for 31 days 1 day past their exchange policy. Nobody has any idea what they are doing when it comes to their customer care team team I made a 2000 dollar investment and they do not care. Never buy anything again from sears if you buy something from sears I guarantee you you will regret it when it is too late."

2017-06-24

do not buy sears appliances

" brand new refrigerator breaks down they cannot get parts over a month in the summer with no refrigerator customer service actually laughed at me when I called to complain about trying to get a new one instead of waiting over a month to get this one fixed no wonder Sears is going down"

2017-06-23

Worst customer service

"Sears should close all it's store and do us all a favor. Today is day 3 of no hot water and I'm suppose to wait until June 30, 2017 for an appt for my hot water heater. It's ok for my family to boil water to take a hot bath or brave it and take a cold shower. I will just call a plumber and pay out of pocket than deal with loser like Sears. Anything from these losers will no longer be welcomed in my home. What a joke."

2017-06-22

Buy 3 get 2

"I bought 3 Garden Hoses from Sears.com. The package Sears sent them in was 2 boxes made into one. One box was the bottom and the other was made into a top. The top and bottom were not taped together when I received the package. I bought 3 hoses and received 2. The hoses weight 11.6 pounds a piece. Meaning the total weight of the package should be around 34lbs. The UPS label clearly states the box weight was 20lbs. It's clear they only sent 2 hoses to begin with. So, I call sears and blah, blah, blah, they're sending this to their investigative team and I will be reached in 72hrs. I needed all 3 hoses for a family camping trip this weekend. Why order from sears when I could have dropped by another store and been in and out without the hassle? Sears, I won't be ordering from you again. Good luck."

2017-06-21

Purchased a Macbook online | returned it | no refund and seller kept the MAcbook| Complete scam

ON 6/2 I purchased a refurbished Mac Book from Sears.com. It was delivered to us on 6/8. We followed the return instructions that came with the Mac Laptop. The return tracking number is 9505514625937163144976. It shows delivered We were given 2 sets of return instructions: One from Sears and One from Weekly Closeouts. Although we have returned the item per the instructions that came from Sears , I am still being required to pay for the Macbook. Weekly Close outs says they will not honor the return because via email they said send it to their California facility BUT within the packaging that came with the Mac book, the return instructions said to only return the Macbook to the address listed above.
This is brilliant scam: We buy and return a laptop , the company keeps the laptop, Sears still make us pay for the laptop and everyone gets to blame the other company because the consumer didn’t know which return instructions to follow: The one from Sears of the ones from Weekly Close outs.

When you call then they just send you to the other company, or if you're really lucky you get an extremely rude CSR that will tell you its your fault because we didn't pick the right return policy. Whne we tell them we followed the Sears sent return instructions, they say they will escalate m promise a fix, and then we get an email saying they wont help up.
If you look up rating s on Sears.com AND Weekly close outs its obvious this is a blatant scam.

2017-06-15

Horrible Sears Experience

" system doesn't seem to have an update. I go onto there shippers website again, it says the item has been at the delivery terminal since June 9th. I never got a call, an email, nothing. I call sears back, and explain the whole story yet again. He just says "I see it was supposed to be there May 24th, we will cancel the order." I do not want to cancel, I've been waiting this long. He has no other replies except "let's cancel and refund", or when I said what the shippers website said all he replied with was "it is in transit", even though the shipping says at delivery terminal since June 9th. I call the original shipper (Demar Logistics), tell her it was supposed to be delivered to me by May 24th. She informs me Sears didn't even release the item to them until June 5th. Are you kidding me?!? By June 14th I've had enough and take it upon myself to find my item. The tracking with the new shipper says it's still in another city, but they can't seem to find it. After hours of having people look around, they discovery it is at the local shipping facility where I live, and this shipper has had it for days and days. They finally found it and I took it home. Putting it together, guess what? It's missing pieces. I have to then call sears back for help. It's a cheap $4 part, that is it. The lady tells me I have to return it and order a new one, they won't just send me the little $4 part. Are you kidding me??? After I've waiting this long, got jerked around for this long? I am NOT going through that again. I ended up getting the part from a local parts store. I will NEVER shop at Sears.com again. I will not refer them to anyone ever again. Absolutely no communication about my item, no calls back when I called, nothing. They are horrible and this has been a horrible online shopping experience. Never again! "

2017-06-07

Fast shipping, good price

"I recently more 31140 vacuum cleaner from Sears online. I did not pay extra for fast shipping, but I ordered the vacuum Sunday afternoon and it arrived Tuesday afternoon.

Sears online featured a sale, and the price was the lowest I could find - about 15% cheaper than the best Amazon or eBay price.

2017-06-05

product quality

"sears has always had an outstanding policy when it comes to replacing tools they offer a replacement policy for tools that are worn they replace with a new one if you purchased the item at sears"

2017-06-01

Horrible customer service and a flawed system

"We purchased a washer and dryer combo unit from them for our business back in 2013 and were contacted each year to renew the warranty. Our washer broke down and water spilled from under the washer all over our business floor. I called to set up an appointment to have a service done on the unit and they tell me that my warranty has expired 6 months ago and i could not renew it. I told them we did not receive any calls or mail regarding the renewal. The customer rep - Brian said that they attempted to call twice. I then asked if there was any conversation of us declining the renewal or if there was any conversation at all. he said they there was no notes so most likely there was no conversation at all. so pretty much they call and if there is no answer they automatically cancel your warranty. He even said they don't leave voice mails. which I thought was very dumb because they could be calling at the wrong time or while we are at work and cant pick up the phone. It looks like sear's system has a flaw that will create really bad customer service. He said I can still make an appointment to have it fix but pay out of pocket. I have decided to not deal with them again and will go somewhere else. "

2017-05-31

service

"they are scam artists sitting on the other side to screw you and run you around ."

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!