Sears.com Coupons
  • Rating 0.42/10 427 reviews

Sears.com is not a merchant member
    Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Sears.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.23/10 0.23/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.02/10 1.02/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.60/10 0.60/10

"I should have read all the bad reviews before I did business on Sears.com. First I ordered 2 sets of bedsheets -- only one showed up. When I contacted Sears.com they blamed it on their vendor and absolved themselves of responsibility, even though I ordered it through Sears.com. Now I ordered replacement parts for a Sears lawnmower. My mistake -- I ordered parts for the mower I used to own, not what I own now. But Sears reneged on their web site statement that I could return the parts at any Sears. And once again Sears' vendor refuses to provide info on returns and Sears absolves itself of responsibility. Fool me once, shame on you -- fool me twice shame on me. Don't be a fool and do business with Sears."

modified review This review was modified by jericksonsce on April 19 2014 03:16:39 PM

"I ordered 2 items from Sears.com a month ago - a mattress and a bonsai plant through the marketplace. Have not had any issues."

modified review This review was modified by wrapperlee on April 10 2014 04:11:07 PM

"Sears used to be a good company - maybe KMart has ruined it! I just cancelled my order for a Bosch Dishwasher that I made on March 29th - order number 655645162. On the day I ordered, I saw that there was an installation rebate being offered. It was listed with all the dishwashers. The CSR that day was not able to find the correct form for me to use to get that rebate and after an hour and a half of being passed around from Sears reps to Bosch to other 3rd party rebate companies and back to Sears, no one was able to help me get that rebate or even confirm the rebate. Finally, when given to a case manager, he said there never was one and said the only thing I could do was email the corporate office. I should not have to email yet another department and wait to see IF they respond and can help. Case Managers should have the power and authority to satisfy customers without more delay. When I didn't want to take the number but finally said I would take it and also would cancel my order, he hung up on me. I will order from elsewhere. No more Sears!"

modified review This review was modified by jennywo on April 09 2014 01:33:21 PM

"Extremely Worst Customer Service

I brought Chain saw with oil on board lubricant. They sent me old model without oil facility. Also the charger 110v which does not work in Australia. Contacted many times. Say error in product information.. Do not offer refund even though there mistake. Asking to pay return shipping which is more than cost of the product. Worst experience with Sears International. Never buy from here. Thanks, Anil Patel Sydney Australia.

modified review This review was modified by AnilPatel on April 08 2014 06:29:00 PM

"DISCLAIMER: This post is lengthy but it’s a must read if you consider doing business with Sears.
I’ve conducted business with multiple companies and contractors in my life’s time but Sears Home Improvement department in Washington DC is by far the worst company on the face of this planet. I wanted to replace my bath tub, change out the shower head, water nozzle/handles and fix the loose shower piping. I should have shopped around or read the reviews before decided to choose Sears for the job but I thought because they are a large chain I should be safe. This was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. When the Home Improvement sales rep came to my house (14 Feb 14), he of course told me everything I wanted to hear but everything we discussed was included in my contract. He told me someone should contact me in about 2 weeks to schedule an install date. I went out of town but prior to leaving, I informed Sears that I would be gone (Mar 4th-11th); I told them to contact me when I returned and the female rep concurred. While I was out of town I received 4 phone calls (3 from a female and 1 from a male) from Sears trying to schedule me an install date; each time I told them I was out of town. I gave them my return date and asked them to contact me when I got back; each time they concurred. I even received e-mails from the Project Manager about scheduling a date. I informed him again that I was out of town but when I returned, he could give me a call so we could schedule a date and he concurred. Once I got back in town I didn’t hear from Sears at all. I sent multiple e-mails to the Project Manager and he never responded. I used the phone log given to me by the sales rep to try and reach someone in a “positions of power” but no one ever called back. I left several messages for the Project Manager, Area Production Manager and District Sales Manager and still, no response. Final, one day after calling the main number, I was passed through to the Area Production Manager. He scheduled my installation for the 7th and 8th of Apr (almost a month after I arrived back in town) and he told me the installer should arrive between 8-10 am. I am military so I had to request leave time off. The morning of Apr 7th, I didn’t hear from Sears; 11:16 rolled around and still no installer and no phone call from Sears. I decide to call them using the number the Area Production Managers provided me in the e-mail he sent with the install dates and that turned out to be a bogus number; that number was to the Sears Baltimore office. A Project Manager form the Baltimore office was nice enough to forward me to Area Production Managers in DC. When I explained my situation, he put me on hold to go speak with the Project Manager. When he returned he told me the Project Manager informed him that he called me the night prior (6 Apr) to let me know the installer would not be coming out Apr 7th. At this point I’m way beyond livid because I never received a call from anyone at Sears and there number was not in my phone log. I explained this to the Area Production Manager and he put me on hold again so he could get the Project Manager (PM). When the (PM) got on the phone he said he called me the morning of (7 Apr) at 8:30 informing me that an installer could not make it out to my residence (he gave me a bogus excuse). I informed him that he was lying, I keep my phone with me 24/7 and I did not receive a call from him. The Project Manager (PM) proceeds to tell me he did leave a voice mail; after further discussion he said maybe he left a message at the wrong number. I told him I could not take an additional day off and whatever was going to take them 2 days to complete needed to take 1 because I could not take off another day; the PM concurred. He also agreed to reimburse me for my troubles. The morning of Apr 8th I receive a call from the Project Manager and installer; they said they wanted to clarify what I was having done so they could ensure they had all supplies ready for the job. The Project Manager also told me he would e-mail me his personal number and if I needed anything to call his cell. When the installer arrived he was alone and he apologized for not showing up yesterday. He explained why he was a no show (his story was different from the PM’s story). He started working but he asked if I had grout for the tile; I told him the sales rep didn’t tell me I needed to provide grout; my contract told me I had to supply tile and Sears would provide the rest. Luckily I had left over grout. As the day went by, I asked the installer what would make a 2 day job a 1 day job and he said “tile”. I asked him to explain and he said he would have to apply the tile, let it set and come back the following day to do the grout. He also said “judging from how much work he had left, he would have more work than grout to do tomorrow (9 Apr). I told him ok, I will call the Project Manager because I specifically explained to him that I could not take another day with this short notice (military life does not operate like civilian life); I can’t take a sick day. I tried to call the Project Manager (on his so called personal cell number) and could not reach him/no answer. I called the Area Production Managers (APM’s) number again and it sent me to the Baltimore number “again” and they gave me what was supposed to be the APM’s direct number. When I called that number, an automated voice said the number has been disconnected. I call the main number to ask for the APM and I was told by the receptionist that he was on vacation; I then asked to be transferred to District Sales Manager. When she answered, I told her I left 3 phone messages for her in the past and she replied by saying “I never received them”. I explain the whole horrid situation to her and she said she would contact the Area Production Managers (APM’s) to find out what’s going on and she would contact me back. I waited for an hour and did not hear back from her so I called her again. She told me she was waiting for a response from the APM and PM; she also gave me her contact number and said after the work is done tomorrow to contact her instead of the APM. I went upstairs to ask the installer if he heard from the Project Manager (PM) and he said yes; the PM called him about an hour ago asking if he ever arrived to my house; apparently the PM was under the impression that the installer never showed today??????? This project is still on going and I will repost tomorrow with an outcome. I’m warning you “Do not “EVER” conduct business with Sears”. They are the worst company you could ever hire to do work in your home. Signing a contract with Sears is like signing a contract with the devil. Once you sign your name on the dotted line of the contract and the honeymoon phase of seeing a sales rep and them promising you the world is over, you are stuck in HELL. You can’t make a phone call to heaven because no one answers their personal phones and the main line may direct you to another corner of hell.

modified review This review was modified by NEVERAGAININANYLIFETIME on April 08 2014 02:13:32 PM

"Well, I'll add my review just so that everyone who hopefully does their research (which I regrettably did not do) and avoid Sears.com like the plague! I ordered a yard tractor that was supposed to have free delivery and a haul away for 15.00 dollars. When checking the order status, I noticed that I got charged DOUBLE for what I had ordered. The day after I ordered, I got a nice thank you email giving me details about what to expect. I also got an email saying that Sears does not do haul aways for tractors and that I would be getting a refund of $0.62 (that is not a typo, a refund of 62 cents) and to expect it within 72 hours. That is the only thing that I was told by Sears Customer Service that happened. I cancelled the order (it had not been shipped or even scheduled for delivery) and given a confirmation number. The following day (after the cancellation), I found out that Sears processed one of the two charges to my credit card. After numerous calls and emails, I am told to expect a refund in 7-10 days. Sears can refund the sales tax (the 62 cents was the sales tax on the $15.00 haul away fee) in 72 hours but it takes 7-10 days to refund the purchase price?

This morning, two days after my order was cancelled, I received a call regarding the delivery of my yard tractor. Go figure, you would think that in this modern world of computers and online ordering, the sales department and the shipping department would be connected so that they could share information (like delivery dates, addresses, etc.) But in Sears.com case, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing because there is no brain in the middle.

All I can say is I am waiting for the refund, hoping that that they do not process the original charge and I will obviously never purchase anything from Sears.com again.

The moderators on My Sears Community are pleasant (there are a lot of apologies and sympathy for our problems) but no real action has really come from them.

Add one more to the Former and Pissed Off Customers of Sears.com.

My only regret is not finding this site before I decided to order from Sears.com.

modified review This review was modified by mdl96789 on April 03 2014 12:58:35 PM

"I have purchased a dishwasher and refrigerator from Sears.com and the dimensions listed were completely off. I had an Sears installer measure and agreed the website is more wrong than right"

modified review This review was modified by tomharvey on April 03 2014 12:04:31 PM

"My wife and I went into Sears to purchase a mattress. After being told our delivery date would be a week from the day of purchase, we were kind of disappointed. To add insult to injury, the day of the delivery, the warehouse called my wife and said they did not have our order in their warehouse! Then a few hours later we received a call from the delivery guy and he said they were on their way to deliver just the mattress, but not with our box spring or frame! WTF!!?? So now we have to wait 48 more hours for a call with a new delivery date! I highly suggest you NOT buy something from Sears that is NOT IN STOCK in the store!!"

modified review This review was modified by annonymous1234 on March 12 2014 05:23:29 PM

"Wow! I thought it was for international customers but it turns out that they have no discrimination when it comes to ripping off. They partially cancelled my order and send 10$ part while cancelling 395$, making me pay for the shipping in any case. Chinese stores are much better than this. At least they do not charge for shipping. Even so, they don't partially cancel your order because you may not need the rest without the cancelled item."

modified review This review was modified by neversears on February 27 2014 01:56:22 AM

"i ordered a king sized bed set on january 31st 2014 about and hour later i got a cancellation request not telling me why so i called them and they said it was out of stock and they have refunded my card knowing it takes 3 to 5 business days to do so i looked at my account a week later still no refund called and asked them why this happened they said i should get one by that monday so i waited looked again still no refund so i called again that wednesday and talked to them about it again and they said they resent the request and should be done in 3 to 5 business days a week later looked again and STILL no refund it is now february 17th and i called them again and they said they would resend it if they dont get this taken care of this tie i dont know what ill do i want my 59.55 back i am a poor college student and need my damn money "

modified review This review was modified by softballbabek131 on February 17 2014 04:43:16 PM

"The worth store, they are irresponsible liar, they charged me $150 for a delivery that never came on the day it was suppose to came, when I called customers services they told me the exuse that no one was at home, when I spent the whole day waiting for that delivery to come .people be aware that this is not a reliable store never buy in sears"

modified review This review was modified by Elianny on February 12 2014 02:45:57 PM

"Absolutely HORRIBLE! I ordered an MP3 player online that never came, and the first three times I called customer support, their "systems were down" and they were unable to help. On my next try, I spoke to someone who could hardly speak English and was extremely unfriendly. I was told I would be issued a gift card in the mail- that I also never got!"

"Absolutely DISGUSTED with Sears.com i tried to place an order, went to check out, got message stating order could not be processed. Week later, i received the order. Tried to return it, sears.com nor sears store would let me return item. Then i found out it was a 'third party order' at sears.com so i had to pay return postage for an order they said never went through, PLUS a $5 restocking fee to third party vendor. TOTAL misleading website and a total deception. I now paid an additional $10 for an order they said could not be processed to return the order. SHAME ON SEARS for misleading and deceptively deceiving their loyal customers. I will NEVER shop at sears or sears.com again. No wonder they are going out of business."

modified review This review was modified by BecsFL on February 07 2014 04:21:50 AM

"Awful, awful customer service. BUYER BEWARE! Take you business elsewhere. I ordered a king size bed set (not a cheap purchase by any means). I didn't get the call for the 2 hour delivery window until 7pm the night before so it was almost impossible to make arrangements to be there for the delivery. I managed to work out with my job to leave for those two hours in order for me to be there. Well the delivery window (all two hours of it) came and went. It was 11:30-1:30. I was due back at work by 2 and at 3 my bed set still hadn't been delivered. During this time I called customer service home deliver 3x, spoke with a different person each time. First time they told me the delivery team was on their way and they were going to call immediately. Never received a call. The second time I got left on hold for over 20 minutes, and the third time I called was right at 3pm and I was put on hold. 20 minutes later, I was still on hold and the delivery team arrived. Completely ridiculous. Why bother taking my phone number if you're not going to call when you're 2 hours late??"

modified review This review was modified by ebcoffman on January 31 2014 05:54:14 AM

"Ordered a dresser for my 89 year old mother in Pompano Beach, Fl.,as well as a bed. $1200. No notice the bed arrives and she just happens to be home. Next no notice, I had to check and was told the dresser had been damaged during delivery and I could either get a refund or reorder. They were originally scheduled different dates for delivery. I was patient so I reordered. On the day of delivery which we were given 1 day notice to be home I was at work and checked on the delivery. They said they tried but the wrong telephone number was on the invoice and the truck left, that was a lie because I had the printed receipt with the correct telephone number for my mother in the text body. Apparently they did deliver to her but put it outside the door and told her if she did not give him (A-HOLE) a tip he would not bring it in the door. She is an old lady and vulnerable so she did not argue and gave him $20. Next he told her she would have to pay him more if she wanted the knobs put on the drawers. Nice guy right? She kicked him out. I contacted Sears about this outrageous violation of elder abuse and their response was, "sorry we will give you 10% off your next purchase". I told them to stick it up their ass and will never buy from Sears again. "

modified review This review was modified by scottrochlis on January 11 2014 05:55:52 PM