Stores > Sears.com

Customer service: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.38/10 0.38/10

2016-05-19

Customer services

"I had my oil change Monday in Daytona beach FL. On Tuesday I was heading to lakemary FL for my granddaughter Graduation , when the oil light came on red low oil levels. I stop in Sanford FL at the mall. Called that Sears only to be told I would have to have it towed to Daytona. Well I was livid see that I was there to do.

I would like to thank Mark.esser@sears.com for his professionalism in calling me right back and telling me he would come to where I was with the service truck and check out what the oil levels was.
He found I had oil but had me drive to the Sears store and checked it all at.

I thank him for over looking my bad temper and helping.

I was thinking when I bought our tires and had the oil changed with them for the reassurance if anything went wrong we can go to any Sears store and they would still be able to help the problem reassurance if anything went wrong we can go to any Sears story. That was a problem with me being 71 years old I thought that if I was traveling and had a problem I can go to any Sears stores that they were all under one corporation And I would be taking care of.

Again I would like to thank Mr Esser

2016-04-26

Worst experience ever

"I bought a Laptop Dell Dual Core Laptop Windows /Core 2 Duo 4gb Ram DVDRW WIFI Computer HD from Sears recently amd I have never had such a horrific experience ever! Aside from original order being damaged in transit and never being notified, the replacement computer arrived only to breakdown after 5 minutes, not to mention it wasn't the one I ordered. I paid $25 to ship it back to receive a refund only to have it returned 2weeks later with a broken power cord. Once again I tried to return it, but I was told because It was past 15 days, I can't return it. Sears' customer service, which is outsourced fo India, was terrible amd no help. Do not buy and anything from Sears, they do not stand behind what they sell!! "

This review was modified by Hillboy on April 26 2016 05:34:04 PM

2016-04-26

fucked from the start

"I purchased a stove from a local store had it installed and that day it started to leak propane, I immediately called the store and tried to have it looked at I was tossed around from phone number to phone number and customer service agent to customer service agent like the star cheer leader at her last game of the season. I was told they would have a technician service the product on 4-27-2016 they called me the day before and rescheduled for 5-24-2016. I had been patient up until this point, I told them this was unacceptable and that I WOULD EITHER LIKE TO RETURN THE STOVE AND GET MY MONEY BACK AND OR COME FIX THE PRODUCT.... seems simple enough but I must have been speaking sputnik because it was shoved to the side and rescheduled again.... I was a frequent shopper at sears and I know one person is not going to make a dent in the daisy chain but I will spend a 1000$ to fix a 1$ problem if it means avoiding these fucks! happy shopping."

This review was modified by Ross9876 on April 26 2016 01:09:56 PM

2016-04-25

Stay away from Sears.com & Kmart.com...

"They are notorious for sending used items & don't seem to care much. If/when you call to tell them about it, they believe giving you "shop your way rewards" makes it all better but of course it just makes you have to shop with them & has expiration dates, even as quick as 1 week! There really is no more customer service for either company since Sears took over Kmart, period. I vowed never to use either online years ago (unfortunately I gave them another try...SUCH a BAD mistake!) & forget the stores too, why bother with either? Truly down hill, big disappointment. I spoke to a "case worker" a little while ago & she totally didn't care what I was saying & that was VERY clear! Years ago when all this started, a TRUE case worker did everything to make the customer happy & didn't brush off the fact that they were sent a USED product. A REAL case worker would NEVER sound like she was brushing it off & talking about the fact that it's not their fault & they don't see what goes out from the warehouse. It's not like I was blaming HER directly, it's a company issue if it happens more than once & a BIG issue! She shouldn't talk to me about giving me 10% off if I keep the product & nothing else if I don't want to. I shouldn't have to tell her I should still get some compensation if I chose not to keep a USED product OR that I don't trust re-ordering something. Again, this woman continued to make herself sound like what this company does is fine & the customer has little to no rights. She finally did me a favor by giving me 10% off (from that specific purchase ONLY) towards my next purchase (shopmywayrewards) that will expire in a week. I truly don't agree with this at all...this isn't how you treat a customer. The ONLY time I got anywhere was when I had employees who really cared what they were doing & about the customers. Now I'm just going to post reviews about them everywhere since I'm finally done with them! I'm not giving my real invoice & order date..."

2016-04-18

With this experience I became disappointed and frustrated.

"I purchased a set of laundry and dryer machines in 2012 complete with 5 years warranty.
On March 5th 2016, I called in the maintenance service for the washer as it was making strange sounds when cycling/washing laundry. Upon maintenance staff evaluation on that day, the personnel identified an issue with the drum and ordered a new drum. On March 11th, the personnel returned with a supposedly brand new drum to replace the problem drum. At that point, the mechanics took the entire machine apart into individual pieces in order to replace the drum. The problem was not fixed because apparently the new drum was rejected and was not a good fit.
The customer service representative apologized and told me that the manufacture will send out another drum only on April 15th. Today April 18th. Nothing new. During this period, we spent already $80 in Coin Laundry that offers not such good quality because the cycle of laundry 15-20 minutes only.
I have 5 people family. I can't go for such long with no laundry. In addition to such an extended timeline required to fix the washer, I am also concerned about the successful assembly of the machine back to its original quality-assured state.
I was always certain that Sears products and services are the best, but with this experience, I became disappointed and frustrated.

Sears customer: Natalia Axentiev

This review was modified by Axentiev on April 18 2016 10:53:38 AM

2016-04-13

never again

"I purchased a multi meter for work, I got Email to pickup at store, I get there and I am told Item is being shipped within a week 3 to 7 days. Its now ten days, today I get Email saying item was delivered to store, so I call first this time to be safe. Well This time I'm told they never received it, but my tracking says it was delivered at 2:46 pm and picked up by a Perez. I told them. They went off on me. We don't even have a Perez working here bye. and hung up. Only reason I purchased it was because I needed it that day, and was told I could pickup same day. Also returned a 33 gallon Compressor two days before I had to wait 3 weeks to get funds returned, and I couldn`t use my card for 5 days because they put a hold on card. I learned my lesson though "

2016-04-11

Paid for two of same item, received only one!

"Boneheads at Sears fulfillment shipped only one lamp, though I paid for two. Customer service was an outsourced nightmare, and they wouldn't even expedite the replacement! Utter fail."

2016-04-08

Sears is the worst company

"I am the manager of business that uses our washer roughly 5-6 times a day. It is very important we have our washer working properly. Sometime last week our washer stopped working. We had a Sears Technicain come out and look at it on Monday 4/4/16. He diagnosed what he thought the problem was, fixed it and we paid $170. Not even through one load the washer stops working again, so we called the tech to come back out today or the next day. He never showed Monday or Tuesday with no phone call. I called to schedule another tech to come out Wednesday 4/6/16. The same tech came back out and told us the problem was the motherboard and it would need to be replaced, a cost of close too $700. After the owner of the company and I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Sears, we found out we had a 5 year warranty that would cover the repair. I spent another 45 minutes on the phone scheduling an appointment for Friday 4/8/16 between 1-5 to have the washer fully repaired at no charge. At 3:30 on Friday I called Sears because no tech had showed up or called, sure enough the woman on the phone tells me that we do not have a scheduled appointment today and there are none available. After another grueling hour on the phone with 3 different employees, one of which was extremely rude, consistently yelled over me and would not tell me her name when I asked to speak to her boss after she tried to tell me that our warranty was invalid because we were using a residential washer instead of a commercial. Mind you, we bought the washer from Sears, who also installed it and never once were we told that we had to buy a different warranty. After speaking to her "boss" (who knew what she said about the warranty was untrue) I ended up with another scheduled appointment on Tuesday between 8-12.
Sears does not care about their customers and made this process extremely unpleasant. I would never recommend anyone to use Sears. From the time Sears first came to look at our broken washer to the time it SHOULD be repaired will be over 1 week. If I did not have a warranty through Sears I would've rather paid any other company to come out and fix it. Do not waste your time or money.

2016-04-07

Cancelled installation service and no refund issued.

"I ordered an install service for a range hood on 2/20/2016 for $215 with the Sears by phone. After not getting a phone call from Sears for 4 days (and finding a much lower price for the install at Lowes) I called Sears on 2/24 to cancel my install request and to have them issue me a refund. They asked for my card details and told me a refund would be issued in 7-10 business days. Today is 4/7 and there is NO refund. I want to also state that I called for an install with Lowes but they told me that since I purchased my range hood from another company, they were not able to install it. That's fine. I decided to call Sears again this morning to try and get my refund. After 7 phone calls, and reps giving me 3 different numbers, (one rep sent me to a department that hung up on me while I was on hold) I finally got a hold of the Sears Contractor Group and I asked for a refund. I was again: asked for my card info and was told that the refund would be issued in 7-10 business days. I don't trust them, and I believe they scam customers. I decided to call my bank and talked to the claims department. Within minutes I gave all the information about not being issued a refund after waiting a month and a half - and viola, my bank rep said they would issue me the $215 tomorrow. Don't order from Sears, don't get an install from Sears. There is a reason why their prices are so low. Horrible customer service that is outsourced. "

This review was modified by Jen-V on April 07 2016 12:04:45 PM

2016-04-06

STAY AWAY FROM SEARS

"1 month now they been changing parts on my Kenmore dryer and it's still not fixed. Now they telling me wait another week to come again. Wht the he'll is wrong with u people. I will not renew my service contract with sears."

2016-04-06

"The new Sears? 4/05/16
To anyone considering what was ONCE a well respected Sears appliance company.
My wife and I purchased what was recommended to us by a Sears salesman as a top of the line Sears quality dishwasher.
On 3/11/14 we purchased this brand new Sears Kitchen Aid dish washer direct from Sears at a total cost of $1662.92, which included an optional 5 years sears warranty.
Within a year we had to call sears as although it was installed professionally it stopped cleaning dishes properly.
We had a Sears repairman come out to check the washer his conclusion was the drain hose was not working properly, he repaired and reinstalled. We were grateful.
Six months later the same problem occurred again with this sears dishwasher, it stopped cleaning unless it was in the heavy duty wash cycle, plus the door no longer seamed attached as when opening if fell where it once had a spring.
We again scheduled a sears tech to follow up.
When removed to our dismay, it appeared that the dishwasher had an upper internal leak, this leak obviously started when last reinstalled as the complete steel frame, and steel springs which once held the door had completely rusted and disintegrated, the wood floor also had severe wood rot complete with mold spores everywhere.
The sear's repair man noted all this damage, then told us he had to go to the van to get all the necessary parts, 50 minutes later he returned with a message from his boss that our warranty had expired, when I said it was for 5 years, he embarrassingly said we were obligated to call once a year to check this new Sears kitchen Aid dishwasher.
My wife informed him a Sears rep had worked on it 5 months prior, this second sears repairman said he was just the messenger and had 9 other appointments and had to leave.
When I asked this Sears repairman his name he said he did not have to provide this information, but gave me instead his tech number which is 0923714 “whatever this mean” and a bill for $1,392.34 in case we wished it repaired with a verbal option to “simply” buy a new one.
How many folks remember common courtesy with Sears products?
Welcome to 2016, where Sears appliances and their once mighty reputation of integrity has been replaced with profits and dishonesty over customer satisfaction.
Kirk Giordano.

This review was modified by kirkgiordano on April 06 2016 10:54:13 PM

2016-04-05

Never Again

"I purchased a elliptical bicycle from Sears, manufactured by Best Choice Products in February of this year. When the bike was delivered about 4 days later I was extremely excited and promptly asked my neighbor if he could put it together for me.( I gave him 40 dollars for his time) Well, three hours later he was still trying to assemble the bike. The instructions were horrible and there were several parts missing. I immediately called Best Choice and asked that they send the missing parts. About a week and a half later I received the parts only to discover there was still one part missing. I called Best Choice again for the missing part and about a week later received the wrong part. I then called Best Choice again and I also sent a picture from their brochure of the part needed, with the part number from their brouchure. About a week later I called Best Choice again because I still hadn't received it. Best Choice offered to give me a 30 dollar refund for the inconvience and asked me to call them once i received the part. Ten minutes later my bell rang and it was Fed Ex with the part. I opened the box and to my dismay it was the same exact part they sent the second time. I called Best Choice again and requested a refund. They agreed to giving me a full refund and told me to donate the bike. well it is 2 months later and I still don't have a bike or my refund, Best Choice has told me on several occassions that they sent Sears the info needed to proccess my refund. I called Best Choice for the fifth time on April 1st and was told they had neglected to send Sears the correct info for a refund, but they would send it immediately. Mind you I had spoken to Sears and Best Choice several times prior and they both assured me my refund would be processed. Yesterday I received an email from Sears stating they were doing an investigation into my refund and I should here back from them within 5-7 business days. I then called Sears and was told they couldn't process a refund unless I returned the partially put together bike that Best Choice told me to donate. I wont go into my entire conversation with Sears, but this morning I once again called Best Choice and spoke to an extremely helpful rep who called Sears (which I had suggested several phone calls prior) and spoke to their refund dept. She assured them that it was no fault of my mine and Best Choice was taking full responsibility for the mishap, and I should be given a full refund immediately. I really thought things of this nature only happened when people were being pranked, but let me assure you I am real live person who is thoroughly disgusted with Sears and Best Choice Products. I will never patronize either company again and I am still waiting for my refund!

This review was modified by Metaloray1 on April 05 2016 06:42:59 AM

2016-04-01

Their customer experience is torture

"The web site is torture. The support is actually worse than the poor experience. Everything just hangs up and stops. Complete freeze. Tried with different browsers. Stop trying to be a marketingplace like Amazon when they do it so well. "

2016-03-30

Worst customer Service

"I recently bought major appliances (Fridge,Washer,dryer etc) from Sears and dealing with the delivery and customer service was an absolute nightmare. They have worst customer service and they don't have any proper guidelines between their internal team. All person working are like robo's will update the same information from the system and if we request something they won't update that information on system.
All my appliances delivered on different date and they will confirm delivery date and time but their delivery person will call before 15 mins on different time telling running late or earlier and they will show up, so we need to waste our entire day waiting.
I had a issue with the washer and they checked and they told they will replace it , but on the delivery date the delivery person showed up and once they were unloading the item , they told that they have different item on the truck. They or sears sent dryer instead of washer. The customer service person called me and telling that they can't deliver the machine for another 2-3 days , if you are not interested you can cancel your orders. The worst thing i accepted the date and i requested them to delivery time stating that i need to come from my work, but they told that this is noted and we will do so. But the day before they confirmed the different timing and i again called the customer service and the same story, they made me mad with their response and attitude.
I had very very bad experience with sears , i never suggest any of my friend or know person to buy anything from this company.

2016-03-27

Don't ever order from sears.com or by phone

"I ordered kitchen appliances from Sears and dealing with the delivery and customer service was an absolute nightmare. No one has any idea what they are doing and they will continue to transfer you from department to department. I received a fridge that didn't fit in my kitchen and tried to exchange it for a smaller fridge of the same model. Dealing with rescheduling it was so terrible, I eventually gave up after endless hours on the phone and returned it and just bought a new fridge from a different company. I will never work with Sears again."

This review was modified by adamecker on March 27 2016 07:43:40 AM

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!