Sears.comCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.43/10 0.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.11/10 0.11/10

"Sears has the ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! SEARS REFUSES TO HONOR ITS WARRANTY! We bought a CRAFTSMAN tractor from Sears on sale. After problems, a Sears tech determined that the transmission had never been bolted in by Craftsman and it could not be fixed. It was under manufacture warranty but Sears refused to fix it or replace it. Sears wanted us to pay more money to buy a comparable tractor. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS OR CRAFTSMAN PRODUCTS! SEARS' WARRANTY IS NO GOOD! Had to go to the BBB to get any response from Sears!"

modified review This review was modified by Debb50 on December 20 2014 10:01:22 AM

"Do not buy a treadmill from sears. They offer in writing a 25 year warranty on the Drive Motor but do not honor the warranty unless you pay their technician a service call fee. My treadmill motor went bad after 5 years (sounds like a 757 taking off). I called their customer service to request a new motor (I can install it). I let them listen to it over the phone. They said a technician had to analyze the motor at my expense. It would cost me a minimum of $100 for them to send a technician to my home. Even with a defective motor under warranty they could not tell me what the maximum cost would be for the service call. Never again Sears!!!"

modified review This review was modified by RogerTurner123 on December 20 2014 04:57:46 AM

"I oodered a men's chain on October 10th 2014 it was supposed to be delivered October 31st, the item did not come in, when I phoned sears they informed me the item has never left the wearhouse and it probably won't... After my shock of the comment I requested they refund my visa they told me I would expect the refund in 7-10 days, after 10 days of not receiving my refund I phoned they apologized states they would send it off to someone else and I should expect a phone call in 24-48 hours, after a week of no word from the company I phoned again...they gave me the same response stating again I would here from a representative in 14-48 hours it is now December 15th over 2 months sense I ordered my item and I still have not received a refund. I am very disappointed in sears and I would recommend not ordering online because there is a chance you will not receive your item or your money back."

modified review This review was modified by TamaraKehoe1976 on December 17 2014 07:50:19 PM

"I will never purchase anything ever again from Sears! Ordered christmas gift in November. Was supposed to be delivered December first. Have called 4 times and they cannot get the situation resolved. Always saying allow 5 to 7 business days for them to get back to me. That never happened either! Finally cancelled my order. I thought this was a respectable company. I guess not anymore! "

modified review This review was modified by Chapudy on December 12 2014 06:42:37 PM

"Ordered an "in stock" washer/dryer set on Nov 10th. Earliest delivery date available was Dec 10th, which surprised me but I bought anyway. Never received the three day before delivery email notice or night before delivery call and no delivery happened on Dec 10th. After calling customer service and getting bounced through five different numbers, eventually back to the first number I called, I was informed that a third party shipper was to deliver my order. I called this third party shipper and after three more phone bounces I found that they have had my order in their warehouse since Dec 3rd but no plans to deliver. I still cannot get a delivery commitment from them, only maybe, about or around dates.

As far as I'm concerned, chasing down a late order and pressing a contracted freight company to do their job is a Sears responsibility, not mine. It is also a Sears responsibility to notify the customer of shipping information and not force me to ferret it out on my own. Doesn't matter if the third party is partly to blame, this still reflects poorly on Sears.

I can't wait to see what happens when I try to get this freight company to honor the haul away option I purchased and what happens with the two small parts in the order that are sure to have been lost by now.

Stay tuned, this isn't over.

Already more to add. Turns out the freight service Sears chose to deliver my order is a relocation company. Moving company's piggyback loads heading in the same direction. Who in their right mind uses a moving company to deliver just a washer and dryer to a location 130 miles from nowhere. I could be waiting for months!

I made this purchase somewhat out of loyalty to Sears. I grew up with Sears and didn't want to see them go under. I may have been mistaken. It's not the same Sears anymore.

modified review This review was modified by Flashdaddy on December 12 2014 01:46:45 PM

"Sears is the single worst company I have ever done business with. I purchased a convection oven last year and had to take it in for repair on 3 separate occasions. Problem was that only 2 attempts should be made before I receive a new product according to the service agreement. Finally they gave me a new oven. I got the oven in May 2014 and only used the convection part of the microwave/convection oven a couple of times. The day before Thanksgiving the oven refuse to heat and I brought it in for repair. They have sent me a message saying that I can get a new oven because they obviously can't fix it. My only choice is to get the same brand and type since that is the only one in my price limit, Why would I want the same bad product. Prior to this problem my in wall oven had an issue and it took almost 2 months before it was replaced after getting supervisors and everyone else involved. The oven light has never worked. When I turn it on nothing happens. Out of the blue I may walk into the kitchen and the oven light has turned itself on and also turns itself off as if there is a possible short of some kind. The highlight with Sears is that my son recently moved and I went over to help him when I then realized that the bed we purchased for him in Oct. 2012 is NOT the queen size bed we purchased, but instead is a full size bed and NOT the bed we purchased. My son was complaining that the bed was uncomfortable and I thought that odd since it is only 2 years old. Can you imagine buying one product and a completely different product and size is delivered. I will NEVER buy another product from Sears nor would I EVER recommend them to anyone (not even my worse enemy) for any reason. The Worse!!!"

modified review This review was modified by thejordans7 on December 12 2014 06:57:20 AM

" I purchased a Treadmill on October 5th online. It was delivered October 18th. It was assembled on November 3rd. When the guy assembled it, the console was damaged. He thought that Sears would just replace the console and he would come back out and replace it when it arrived and send back the damaged one. NOPE, that did not happed....When I called Sears on the 4th, I was informed that they would need to pick up the treadmill and send me a new one. They refused to replace the console. I was told that someone would be calling me in 24-48 hours to schedule the pick up. Never happened.

I can't even begin to tell you how many phone calls I have made to get this damaged treadmill picked up. I have spend endless hours on the phone. By the way, the online customer service agent even told me "Well you can still run on it right, so why do you need it picked up. Would you buy a new car and the AC not work, would you be Happy???/ I lost it when she said that. She told me that I needed to work with her to get it picked up. She keep telling me that I needed to put it in a box and she would mail a label for UPS! Is she NUTS??? This treadmill weights 230 pounds, I am a single female. When the guy assembled it, the box was thrown away because he thought the console would be replaced and I would not need the box.

I was told after numerous calls that it would be picked up from 9AM-6PM on Saturday the 15TH...NO ONE CAME, I called and then was told Tuesday the 18th....you guessed it...no one came. Another week of calling customer service and them telling me I just have to wait on the pick-up company to contact me. Not acceptable.

On Thursday December 4th I was on the phone with Lori for 3.5 hours. She really did try to help and keep putting me on hold to contact different departments to try to get this picked up. We ended to call, that I would be contacted within 24-48 hours for the pick up. Well, today is Tuesday the 9th and NO-One!

May I just mention, that this was damaged when it arrived and it is not my responsibility to get it back to Sears. Someone needs to come get this thing so my account may be credit. I am now coming up on the 2nd payment for something that is broken and needs to go. I have since purchased a New treadmill that was delivered last Friday. Your Sears treadmill is in m garage and I had to pay out of my pocket for those guys to move it so they could set up my new one.

Please, Please, Please tell me what needs to happen to get some Customer service from Sears!

modified review This review was modified by ElizabethOQuinn on December 09 2014 08:52:11 AM

"The worst customer service EVER!!
I bought a Christmas gift for my grandson that was supposed to be delivered in time for Christmas according to their website. The next day I received an email that my purchase would not be available until January 8 and that I needed to call to cancel if the new date didn't work for me to get a refund (my credit card had already been charged) so naturally I called immediately to cancel, It was a Christmas gift!! I was told that my refund would take 3-5 days to apply to my credit card.
I called on day 4 and was rudely told to wait the full 5 days. On day 6 I called again, after 30 minutes of holding, I was told that my refund request was never processed, I would have to wait another 5-10 business days!
Thank you Sears.com for making this a Christmas shopping mistake I will never make again, because I will never shop Sears AGAIN!!

"Sears has lost it's MOJO. Sears has lost apparently everything except for a few residual helpful local employees and some inventory. Their delivery people are contractors, their website is impossible to navigate. (Go find the 'contact us' link)
Their credit card isn't theirs anymore, it's farmed out. Their call center staff aren't allowed to disclose their location due to 'security reasons'. (They're very CLEARLY in INDIA, though one misled liar tried to tell me he was in Nevada)
I purchased a gas dryer. When an electric one arrived, I refused delivery. They kept my money, agreed to deliver a gas one in 24 hours, and 3 days later, I've heard nothing. I'm in a terminal hold loop with the call center, where each earnest idiot promises to resolve my problem, puts me on hold, and when a certain time threshold has lapsed, the automated system kicks me out to a new call center genius.
He/She in turn agrees to try to help, but this problem takes many minutes, and puts me back in Dante's 8th ring of hell.
My most current iteration is: 1 hour, 39minutes. I also have 6 children, and the dryer's absence is costing me $50 a week in Laundromat quarters.

"This once proud company has devolved into the online equivalent of a Tijuana street vendor selling whatever bullfrog in a sombrero that comes along. I thought I was ordering from SEARS, but it was actually some fly by night third party immigrant (Jewel Hip Hop) who can't speak English. Order never showed up, and Sears customer service (another unintelligible immigrant) passes the buck by referring me back to the 3rd party vendor. THEY DO NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCTS. Wish I had read all these reviews about Sears.com prior to ordering."

modified review This review was modified by madmargaret on December 04 2014 02:43:12 PM

"Absolutely DO NOT order from this company. I had ordered a tool set which they immediately charged my card for. I did not receive the tool set and was told by their "customer service" that the order was not picked up by UPS and would be marked as missing. Was told all I could do was have them refund my money and then reorder. HA, like I will reorder from these crooks who was able to use my money for almost 2 weeks and will not pay me interest on this unauthorized loan that they created. If I could give less than 1 star, I would. Mark my words, Sears, K-Mart and any of their other affiliates will not be in business much longer with the customer care they display. Good riddance. "

modified review This review was modified by Searssucks on December 03 2014 04:34:46 PM

"Avoid ordering from Sears if possible - they do not provide the customer service that they claim to. We ordered a toboggan in November, it was "lost in transit" (however I can't verify this since they don't provide tracking numbers). It took them over 2 weeks to get back to us that it was lost and never coming. They gave us a credit for the cost of it, because it was no longer available for purchase online. However, there are Sears stores in Ontario and Quebec that still have it in stock (we are in Sk.) but they will not ship to us from there - we would have to pay the cost of that shipping.

Typically when a business makes a mistake and loses something the customer already paid for, they make it right, at the very least.

I wouldn't recommend placing very much reliance on them.

modified review This review was modified by Michelle1130 on December 03 2014 08:24:59 AM

"You are probably not buying from your "trusted" sears when you buy on this site. I bought something and paid $60 more than I would have anywhere else because I wanted purple. Well it turns out that it was some off the wall company who turned around and bought it off Amazon and bought a black one and set it to me. This is one of Sears trusted??? vendors. Be careful"

"Never ever do Business with Sears online.
I ordered and paid for a Refrigerator that was to be delivered
the day before Thanksgiving. I took the day off and waited all day.
They did not even have the courtesy to call to say the delivery was delayed. I had to call them to find out that the delivery was delayed a week because the item was out of stock.
After several phone calls and a heated email they offered me an 80.00 refund for the inconvenience and rescheduled for one week.
I then received an email that said your delivery is just 3 days away, here's how to prepare.
Again I took the day off and again the delivery did not come and I did not receive a call.
I was transferred several times and then told the delivery was again rescheduled because the item was out of stock.
They had the nerve to offer me a 10% off my next purchase. As if that was ever going to happen!
Meanwhile this company has had my money for two weeks.
The delivery is scheduled for Monday. I wonder what year?
Do yourself a favor, just don't do business with this company.

"Bad bad and untrustworthy online customer service. I ordered a table tennis. After unpacking, I've noticed there are some dents on the table. I contacted the customer service for return. They said will arrange UPS to come and pick it. It's such a heavy item that UPS won't take it. And contacted the customer service again, I was told that some guy will come to pick up while delivering another order. When I double checked with the deliver guy, he said he only has a hall-away order, which means he was going to take the table and throw to the garbage!!! And I'll never know this if I haven't checked with the delivery guy. Again contacted the customer service, this time they proposed a 10% discount of the purchasing price, since it's still usable. Half month later, I found only a very tiny credit on my account. And yet again I have to contact them. The conclusion is DON'T deal with SEARS online ordering and try as much as to avoid their customer service. It's such a waste of time.

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!