Stores > Sears.com

Customer service: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10

2016-01-31

Sear's washer repair

"Where to begin...

It took Sear's 4+ visits and 2 months to repair a burnt out switch on my washer. Following the repair, we continued to have issues with our washer and the problem was not fixed.

On our last appointment, the repairman arrived and seemed very annoyed that he had to be there. He tried to explain to me that the problem was not my washer, but in fact the way I did laundry (I have done laundry for 20 years and have never had a problem before). Actually, he offered me a FREE laundry lesson and explained to me no one probably taught my mother correctly, and so I probably haven't received proper instruction.

Furthermore, after our terrible service and still faulty washer I emailed Sears customer service to get a refund for our inconvience. However, Sears offered me a $10 gift card and told me they could not refund me the $170, but they could schedule another repair visit.

It's safe to say that appointment will not be made and I will be taking my business elsewhere. AVOID SEARS REPAIR SERVICE!!!

2016-01-29

Stinking Corporate Office Thieves

"I purchased a gas dryer. I received an electric dryer. It took them 2 weeks to exchange and bring the correct dryer. Finally, I received the dryer only to discover the dryer would not heat up correctly. I called sears for a replacement. They refused to replace it until they sent a service man to check it. Upset, I allowed the service man to come. He determined the dryer had a bad board. I called and requested a refund. They asked if they could replace the dryer. I said, I didn't want a Samsung dryer. I would prefer a GE. The same Samsung Dryer was delivered 3x. At this point, I am distraught because there customer service department can't speak English.
It was difficult to communicate with the first three representatives. I had to do some research to find a customer care number. I spoke with the office and they reassured me that they would process my return and I would get in in three -five business days. This is after waiting 4 different times 7-10 business days each time. I AM STILL WAITING!!! I have been waiting for a refund for 5 months. I RECEIVED AN EMAIL from Sears apologizing. It said my refund was processed on 1/20/2016 and would be in my account in 3-5 business days. Today is 1/29/16 and guess what? I still do not have the credit. Now I'm angry!!! I still don't have a dryer. In all the years of living in my home, I have never had to go to the Laundromat. I am distraught and tired of waiting. I am ready to sue them for $466.16. + an undisclosed amount for the torment. This has been a nightmare.

This review was modified by MichelleHarris2011 on January 29 2016 03:42:08 AM

2016-01-24

Sears never again for warranty.

"I have a service contract wth Sears. For a month now Sears has been only changing parts on my dryer and it's still not fixed. I will not renew my contract with Sears or recommend anyone to purchase from them as well. Now they telling me wait another week for a tech to come out.. smh."

This review was modified by mariandass on January 24 2016 04:07:22 PM

2016-01-16

Never again!!!

"I bought my mom a washer and dryer. They didn't need one of the hoses so it was returned and I still haven't received the refund. The washer and dryer was delivered on December 17th 2015. I've talked to two people saying they're going to get me my refund and that they received the part back that they did not need. I could have something for 2 years from Walmart and take it back and there would be no questions! Don't ever shop there! The worst customer service ever!"

This review was modified by Eblu on January 16 2016 06:39:26 PM

2016-01-16

If I could give Negative Stars I would

"Simply put- Sears is one of the worst companies in the world. I finally cancelled my sears card because the company is very poorly run and they do not care about their customers. Too many botched orders, pretty much Zero customer service when trying to find out why I never received an order...on and on. Worst Comapny I ever dealt with in my life. I ordered a supplement from Sears vendor "MED-CHOICE"- never shipped product and they refuse to speak to me. I am done with Sears and their awful service"

This review was modified by jody90 on January 16 2016 10:49:40 AM

2016-01-13

Misleading Ad

"I ordered something on sears.com website expecting to receive a new bunk bed for my kids. They were so excited. When it arrived, it was only some mattress supports. The ad had a picture of the complete bunk bed. We drove 15 miles, each way, to return it and was told that we can't return it there. We need to contact the third party seller. If we bought it on the sears website, we should be able to return it at Sears. We waited for a long time to even learn that they wouldn't take it. What will Sears do to fix the problem and how will our order be fixed? I heard other people having a hard time with customer service during our wait."

2016-01-08

"Repair Services------Never again...re-arrange my whole day's schedule to meet their 4 hour window of showing up and they call 5 mins before the 4 hour window is up and tell me they can't make it. Great Customer Service...NOT...so I will get someone else that is a little more dependable. They shouldn't book so many appts if they can't make it to the ones they are suppose to."

2015-12-30

"We bought a Kitchen Aid mixer on Black Friday online from Sears thinking they were the experts in online retailing. The Sears catalog was around LONG before the Internet. Any reasonable human being would think they have it figured out. This wasn't the case!

We spent a bit more than another (newer) retailer was asking for the product, but ordered from the old giant with confidence. After 3 weeks of waiting while the web site said it was shipped, we called customer service. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE! We NEVER should have ordered. First, we spent about 6-8 hours on the phone with "customer service" from a foreign country. They followed a script which didn't include Sears screwing up. After multiple requests for "managers" and promises of emails that never came, we gave up. Their customer service is the WORST in the retail business!

After exhausting time and nerves with foreigners without the authority to get things done, we showed up at the store ANGRY with our online receipt. We fully expected problems. We were ready for them.

I handed the cashier my receipt asking where I could find Customer Service. He informed me that they did not have a dedicated Customer Service in the store, but he should be able to help me. Without a 30 second explanation, the cashier got on the phone within the store. I didn't have to explain another detail. Within 5 minutes he handed me the product personally. THAT is what happens when you deal face-to-face with a REAL American!

To Sears - Get rid of foreign "customer service" and rely on your American employees. I have to say I will never order from you online again. Still I have faith in your store employees. GET IT RIGHT BEFORE YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

This review was modified by justrobb on December 30 2015 12:09:57 AM

2015-12-29

"I purchased a Kenmore stove in September of 2013. The other night after baking a pizza, I turned the stove off by pressing the "Stop" button on the control panel. The panel started to spark, and then caught on FIRE! I was able to put the fire out, pulled the stove away from the wall, and removed the back panel. The control panel was completely burnt. Sears informed me that I should have bought the Master Protection Agreement for circumstances like this. IT IS 2 YEARS OLD. Sears refused to stand behind their product and Vanessa, the company rep, informed me that I should have had it serviced yearly like it states in the manual. Nowhere in the manual does it recommend removing the back panel and checking the mother board to see if it might potentially catch fire. Sear only attempt to make this right was to try and sell me a protection plan in case it happened again. An internet search showed that that Kenmore stoves are known for this problem, but nothing is being done to correct it. I caution any buyer, DO NOT PURCHASE A KENMORE STOVE, and I would highly recommend that due to Sears lack of concern, do not purchase anything from this company. "

This review was modified by George51237 on December 29 2015 09:58:20 AM

2015-12-28

"On December 17,2015 our fridge stopped cooling the food so i contacted Sear in regards to repairing it. They told my husband it was maybe the compressor & would be very expensive so the best thing he should do is purchase their protection warrenty to help cover the cost. The next day they sent a repair man out to look at the problem he informed us it was only the thermostat but he wouldnt have the part until December 29 which would be over 10 days we would be without a fridge. He sugguested we rent another fridge until our was repaired which i personally thought was an inconvenience. So, I took it contacted Vic's appliance repair & he came right over within an hour with the part we needed & had us up & running. In the meanwhile I contacted Sear to cancel me warranty because they claim you can but instead the employee I spoke with said they had to wait for the repair man to upload his data from his computer before they could cancel the agreement. The next day my husband called Sear again & was transfered for place to place finally beinging told that he needed to cancel the service order first which he thought happened. A few days later we received a package in the mail its the part for our fridge. I contacted Sears again & asked can I return the part I received to one of their location our simply write return to sender their answer was no. Sear claims the part needed to be picked up by the repairman or we will be charged for it. They also told me the order hadnt been cancelled. I asked again for Sears to resolve the issuse this time the service order was cancelled & I asked for a conformation number. The employee i spoke with claimed i wouldnt be charged for having the repairman come back out to pickup the parts but she said i would need to call back to cancel the warrenty. So today I contacted Sear again to cancel the warrenty and spoke with a supervior named Israsl Lopez today the new lie is I have to wait until the part is picked up before they can cancel the agreement. Sear has done nothing but lie and give me the customer a run around so they done have to repay me or cancel the agreement. On December 29 a repairman was suppose to stop by to pickup the part sent to my home between the hours of 8-12 at 11:30am Jackie from the parts department called my husband to schedule a pickup by UPS for the date of December 30. I decided to contact Sear again because the story Jackie told my husband what not at all what I had been told in any conversation I had,had when calling Sear!!! I spoke with Jackie again and she claims each department is different and at times many give customers the wrong information. So, now Im suppose to leave the package for UPS to pickup and wait until it is processed by them which many take 4-5 days and then called back again to try and cancel a warranty I have been trying to get rid of for over two weeks. Sears is a worldwide company and treats their customer like horible service!!"

This review was modified by dsdantemom33 on December 29 2015 09:05:24 PM

2015-12-27

"Horrible. Did not deliver Kmart staff lazy would not locate item Sears said was in store. Took 3 weeks and 5 calls to get refund. Never use them will go to Amazon in future. Horrible customer service in China!"

This review was modified by Boncarlos2 on December 27 2015 12:42:05 PM

2015-12-27

"Merritt Island, FL store - purchased treadmill 12/11/15 as Christmas gift. Was NOT told at purchase that we would get the floor model. My husband picked it up a few days before Christmas when he could get it home and hide it since our young daughter still believes in Santa. At pick up he was informed it was the floor model at which point he felt he had no choice but to take it... plugged in Christmas day to discover the start key is missing and it won't work. Called 12/26/15 and spoke to manager Travis... asked how we could correct this before going to the trouble of bringing it back up there. Travis promised to call back "in a few minutes" but I never received a call back. I called back almost 4 hours after the first call and he was conveniently in a meeting. He never called. Returned the item 12/27/15 spoke to manager Linda who offered to correct - comparable item... too late though. Travis should have offered instead of ignoring me. Entire purchase was a train wreck and nobody cared until it was too late. They just lost a customer.... Beware if Sears Merritt Island. Linda seemed nice and helpful. Too bad Travis ruined it before she could try to help."

This review was modified by chereehess on December 27 2015 10:57:48 AM

2015-12-23

"I went to the store in Houston on Shephard after viewing an ad online that said they had a punching bag and gloves bundle for 99.99 and it was available there. I showed the sales person and the manager the ad on Sears website and they told me that it was a mistake and refused to honor the ad. Very disappointed and will never shop at Sears or Sears.com which they told me was a separate entity from them."

This review was modified by chris.barr on December 23 2015 09:08:27 AM

2015-12-22

"I can't give even a 1 star, Its worst services that we even deal with. We were getting a deal during black Friday, We call the customer that is the item is available and price that we are paying is correct, She confirmed and then we place the order. I placed the order online, after 15 days later the day we suppose to received the order, we got a email saying that Order has been canceled, the reason they gave was out of stock, As its clearly its not as we can place the order online with much higher price. I WILL NOT GOING TO SHOP AT SEARS AGAIN !!!! and worst customer services. PLEASE DON"T SHOP ONLINE and EVEN STORES.... PLEASE BEWARE and NOT SHOP, ANY DEAL THEY PROMOTE IS FAKE.THERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKETHERE IS NO DEAL, ITS all FAKE"

2015-12-22

"The sears H2 front loader is the worst machine ever! We have a contract, but you have to wait two weeks for a repair man. Then, they cannot fix it! So, another two weeks at the laundromat! And, they have to send parts to your house, so the mail comes into play! I called 10 people to complain and Mike's, from customer service, response was, "Well what do you want us to do? Move you up on the list? Everyone is waiting for service!" Do not get a sears product, and never, ever get their service contract!"

Share Sears.com's store rating

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!