Sears.comCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 3.39/10 3.39/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.55/10 1.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10

"Purchased a washer & dryer from Sears in January and for 3-4 months everything was fine. Then the nightmare begins. I have spent more time on the phone with them and taken more days off of work to wait on a technician to come out. First time the technician came out and fixed the problem and said there was a design flaw with the specific model and we should try and get a new one. Second time they scheduled it (under the wrong name and model) then called and said the technician was sick so they would have to reschedule (again had taken half a day off work). Later that evening a technician showed up out of the blue, he had all the wrong information, name, phone number, model number etc. But because the service ticket was not correct he could not do anything. About 3 days later another technician showed up (another half day off of work) and said that there was a firmware update due to the design flaw. Now the washer has been working ok (other than the grinding noise it makes when they cycle starts up) but wait went to turn it back on and low and behold the unit wont power up and the door is locked.

My wife and I have collectively been on the phone with Sears for over 3 hours and no one can seem to help us out. Problem with this is not that the service date is for next week but the fact that we have cloths in the washer and by waiting for a week the cloths will probably spoil. So I am trying to get someone to give me some help on getting the washer opened so that we do not have to replace all of the cloths in there. Again, customer service tells me there is nothing that can be done till next week. If I try to open it myself the warranty will be voided. So do I let $1,000 -$2,000 worth of cloths spoil or do I open it myself.

Sears.com User

"I am still waiting my washer, the worst customer service ever, ,I had to take half day off to wait for the washer... well they didnt show up, i called and they said they didnt find me, yeah right... call me... and they said well schedule an other day ... please this is not the way to do business"

Sears.com User

"I have had the worst experience possible with their online store. I registered for a sheet set for my wedding and when it came in the mail it was the wrong type of sheets and missing parts of the set. That was over a month ago and 10 phone calls ago. Each time I call they say they will send me an email...so far all that has been received are two customer service surveys which were filled out as I saw fit. I can't believe how terrible their customer service is. I will tell everyone I know of this experience it hopes of saving them the headache I have gone through, if you want to spend over $100 on a sheet set I suggest ordering it from anywhere other than sears.com, you won't ever receive them if you do!! "

Sears.com User

"My husband and I moved across the country. What we really needed was a mattress as soon as we showed up at our new apartment. After collaborating with our new landlord, he graciously agreed to meet the Sears deliverer and place the new mattress in the master bedroom. We were told that if we paid an extra $24 and the agent put a note on the account, we could have the mattress delivered after 5:30, instead of between 7 am and 9 pm (ridiculous!!). We went ahead and paid it and they added the note. The MORNING IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED, Sears called our new landlord and told him that Serta is back-ordered and they could not deliver it for a week. This was 4 days until move-in. We called Sears and they told us it was not their fault, so there was nothing they could do. Yeah, right!! They are the ones who promised the date!! So I bought an air mattress, despite my extensive medical history when it comes to back problems, slept on it for a few days. The second delivery day came, and they called us saying they were going to deliver it between 4 pm and 6 pm. We told them no, we paid $24 to have it after 5:30, and they told us that the $24 was for after 4 pm. Since I was the only one who could possibly be home to meet them, and I worked until 5, this was a problem. We told them that I didn't get off work until 5. They didn't care--the driver kept saying he had a schedule to keep. We told him that I had a schedule to keep, too, and that I had a meeting with MY NEW JOB until 4, and he said he didn't care. We HAD to be there at 4 to receive our mattress. Since I was desperate and in a lot of back pain, I reluctantly agreed. I had to explain to my new boss why I had to leave the meeting early. He was not happy. I called back customer service to complain. After much hassle, the employee told me he could refund the $24 *IF* the driver showed up after 5:30, and that he would do his best to convince the driver to show up after 5:30. He couldn't get ahold of the driver, yet his offer still stood. I told him that that was ridiculous, considering that since I had no guarantee, I would have to be home at 4 pm anyway and miss my meeting, but he said that was the best he could do. So I got home by 4 and waiting, ready to record the time he arrived so I could possibly get at least the $24 back. Want to guess when the driver showed up? Yup, you guessed it. 5:30 ON THE DOT. I could have gone to my meeting and left work on time, but I didn't because I needed the mattress. I had them help me place it so that I could unwrap it and set it down easily. I didn't tip them. Take that out of the $24, jerk."

Sears.com User

"i wasted three days waiting for Sears.com installation.

I bought a dishwasher last week on sears.com which was scheduled to be installed by an installer (superior appliance service, (510) 581-4140 ) on Tuesday 9/2. Nobody came on Tuesday. I called the installer several times and left several messages, but no one called me back. In the meanwhile I called sears (800-497-4402) a few times, and they were not able to get hold of the installer either. But a sears representative offered me to change the installation date to Wednesday. Again no one came. I called the installer again and left messages, and called sears. After a few calls on Thursday, a sears representative finally got hold of the installer and scheduled me for Friday. I waited at home for the third day of this week, but still a no show. As before, the installer did not answer his/her phone, and I called sears and found out that the installation date was re-scheduled without my knowledge to next Friday.

The sears representative told me that they are just a call center and the installer has to be willing to come to install the dishwasher, and sears only work with one installer in this area.

I had no choice but to cancel the order.

To me there is an obvious problem with the installer and as a retail company, someone at sears should be able to solve it, instead of letting customers suffer. I hope someone at sears can look into this.

Sears.com User

"Absolutley ridculous company. Ordered online with Paypal for in store pickup. Tracked with UPS & verified items are at the for. Sears never sent a confirmation email to pick up items. I went to the store to try and pick up items & was told I couldn't pickup anything without the credit card I ordered them with. I explained I didn't order with a credit card. They said there was nothing they could do & refused to give me the merchandise I paid for. Only option is to open a Paypal dispute & charge back... No wonder this store is about to go under... Avoid at all costs! I used to purchase all of my Levi's & Tools at sears, I will never set foot in another one of their stores."

Sears.com User

"DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS... Wish I had read these reviews before we did. We bought a tractor and maintenance contract. We have waited 2 weeks for the appointment, they confirmed the appointment and then never showed. We called, the man said he was sending a text to the technician and he would call us... guess what? No technician called. So I am on hold right now with them - 30 MINUTES SO FAR. They are saying that although the system confirmed the appointment, it never assigned the repair and it will be ANOTHER 20 DAYS before they can get to us. That is not acceptable in anyone's book. I asked them to pay for a local repair person to come and service it. We will see if that happens. DO NOT BUY SEARS... MAY IT REST IN PEACE AS IT DIES."

Sears.com User

"Fuck Sears, worst customer service.. ......."

Sears.com User

"Please re-think your decision before purchasing any appliances from SEARS. Condensation built up in between the glass of my $750 microwave. When I looked into my paperwork, I discovered that my one year warranty had expired JUST 14 days earlier. I called Sears for resolution. To make a long story short this was my experience:
I was told I would need to pay $79 for home visit and cost of repair as it was out of warranty. I then asked to speak to someone else in authority. I was kept on hold or transferred to multiple people for over 1.5 hours; after all this time, they tried to sell me an extended warranty for $250 (for one year) that was their solution to my problem; I might add that I spoke to one person who stands out ... Cheryl of "Customer Solutions". She was extremely rude ... her exact words ... "If service comes to your home you will pay full price for the visit! No discounts, you will pay full price and that's final"! At that point I told her that my microwave was barely 2 weeks out of warranty and I was disappointed that Sears would not even meet me half way. I informed her I would give my business to someone else, and she could read about herself in my review. Their customer service is below a zero! Cheryl needs to take a class on respecting the people that employ her ... the customers! Sears needs to offer flexibility in these type of situations as they will not back their products one day after warranty expiration unless you purchase another extended warranty. Just another way for them to make more money! I will have my microwave repaired elsewhere and although all of my appliances have come from SEARS in the past, (and I might add several thousands of dollars) I will no longer even purchase a toaster from them going forward!

"The first problem which i had with Sears is the late delivery! They didn't deliver the bedroom set as they promised. When we called customer service, they said "it is on the way, wait!" Then we have understood that nobody came and they just put a notification as "nobody found in the adress" we called customer service, we went to the shop many times but they did Nothing. Anyway, we had the bedroom set 5 days later (we had moved to a new apt and we had no bed during this time). Second problem is the salesman at the shop promised us %15 discount, and we checked our Sears credit card statement and realised no discount had been applied. WE called the customer service, we went to the shop again, but the salesman is now refusing his promise.we have another history with the catalogue orders, i really can't understand how Sears works. This was my last shopping at Sears after facing their disabilities and their attitude."

"I won't bother telling you my stories. Like everyone else, every buying experience from sears.com has been nothing short of miserable. I won't be fooled again, regardless of the attractive price."

"Sears is the worst f____ ing store to buy from i ordered a fridge and had it scheduled for delivery between 7 and 9 am no one showed up. i call it been changed to 3 to 5 pm they get here have the gate code and drive off. me and my family have been here all day waiting of i call Merdiph Id # 837957 could care less about it so i ask for her supervisor adam # 759083 was even worse he tells me it will be thursday before it can be delivered its sunday the only day i have off, f--- sears and all that they have hope they go broke. i work in the death care industry. how would they fell if i told them to i would come 5 days late to pick up there mom or dad after they have died. this company is the worst ever Fuc______km"

"Worst customer service experience ever. We ordered a washer and dryer after a national disaster and paid extra to have it delivered on a Saturday. When the installers came, they told us that the washer and dryer would not fit through our doorway to the basement. We spoke to the driver's supervisor and she agreed that if we took the molding off the door, that it would fit. As we were taking the molding off, within a span of five minutes, the driver loaded the washer and dryer back on the truck and left - without telling us. I chased him down the street and he kept going. We called Sears REPEATEDLY for the next seven hours and were told that they were still delivering in our area until 7pm and that the supervisor would call us back to say when we could expect delivery. No calls back. No delivery. We called Sears AGAIN at 7:30 and were told that the delivery was done for the day in our area and we could reschedule for 2 weeks out. Needless to say, we cancelled the order and will NEVER shop at Sears again."

modified review This review was modified by pikachu1171 on August 16 2014 07:48:32 PM

" Never have I had a worse experience with a retail store. I ordered a washer and dryer from sears, on purchasing them they kept screwing up our information and having to redo it, they had no idea how to set things up or what was going on. Eventually we scheduled a delivery time and got out of that store. They said they would call day before delivery to schedule a convenient two hour window. They didn't. They automatically set up a time and said they couldn't budge from it (of coarse it was at the most inconvenient time). Then... they never showed up, and never called about it. So I have called them...and called them.... and called them. Been on hold for hours of my time. Everyone transfers to someone else and they insist that "they dont have the power to do anything but connect me to the right person" who says the same thing. Whenever I get a manager, they say they will call me back within the hour. They havent called once. I called back for the manager, they said the manager LEFT! Its been none stop and now we are going through a hassle just to get a refund. Never shop at sears. Lesson learned."

modified review This review was modified by bretter on August 13 2014 05:31:24 PM

"Worst online experience ever. I saw a deal online on Sears.com. Two chairs for the price of one on other online sites. I called Sears chat twice to get reassurance that I was getting two as the website indicated. When my receipt appeared in e-mail I was still chatting with the agent, Rollins, so I expressed my concern that the bill indicated one chair. He reassured me two are coming because that's what the website shows. One came. Sears has the transcript and proof that this was the deal. The price doubled by delivery day. In the end, Sears wasted hours of my time and I was stuck with one chair. No responsibility at all. So if the website can't be trusted and the agent can't be trusted there is no reason to buy from Sears. Please save yourself the trouble."

modified review This review was modified by krysc on August 12 2014 10:17:09 AM

Sears.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sears.com is not a merchant member
Sears.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!