Stores > ScreenAid
  • ScreenAid

Voice your opinion! Review ScreenAid by clicking a star below.
2014-10-09

"Crooks.. Pure and simple. They claim they are not responsible for the order I placed. Ebay is. So therefore they can't issue a refund.
Note: The video card I ordered did not fit properly and installing it on a PC that could handle it's configuration the product proved to be defective.

This review was modified by takemyname on October 09 2014 07:51:43 AM

2013-03-29

"These folks advertise NEW items and send USED and frequently BROKEN items instead! We are a reputable computer shop and installed a screen we ordered for our customer, we ordered new and they sent used... it had bad marks and was damaged but functioned well enough to use. Our customer had waited long enough and was willing to work with us as long as he could use the computer. All I asked them was to send the NEW item they were supposed to send and we would replace it with the used one while the customer waited and then ship back the old one. I even offered to pay again. They would not do it. I had to refund our the customer and we lost money and more importantly our reputation. In the dispute with Ebay, they made it clear that they don't care about the lies on the ads. Just send it back for refund and that would be all they could do. That was unacceptable for us and the case was closed as if we were doing something wrong. BEWARE the FALSE ADVERTISING and stay away from these con artists!!!"

2012-03-09

"These people are real idiots. I ordered a Thinkpad T61p 1920x1200 screen. They sent me a screen for a Dell. I sent it back to them at my own expense, and they sent me the wrong screen AGAIN, this time an HP screen which wasn't even the right resolution. Trying to get a refund through eBay now. It is extremely suspicious to me that they have so much positive feedback when it is abundantly clear that they are crooks. Also the screens were not OEM parts, they were cheap Chinese knockoffs with no brand on them at all."

2012-03-04

"Absolutely the WORST online shopping experience I've ever had. After 2 months of fighting with them, I finally got a USPS label to mail the screen back the screen that was OBVIOUSLY incomparable with my Macbook pro. Another month and a half passed and I finally got my refund on my PayPal account which was $50 short.

It takes them around 2 weeks to respond to emails, I ended up sending 4x as many emails to them as they did to me telling me "thank you for being patient." After receiving the money I wrote them another email telling how I had been shorted with a jpeg of my bank statement of the original cost. That was 5 weeks ago and still no answer after 4 emails (the last email was to inform them that I am going to post terrible reviews of their company and finished off with a "F*#% all of you"

2012-01-29

"Sent wrong screen,ask to return and they stop answering my emails."

2012-01-03

"Beware!!!!! they say they are in New York, but are actually in Hong Kong first lie. Then they claim to ship when pay pal payment is received and deliver in 3 days...been a week and nothing but broken English gibberish emails in response. All they say is thank you for being patient, you item will ship soon. I called Ebay and they said I would be lucky if I received it in 6 weeks if at all. Company keeps updating order with new false tracking numbers making a dispute against them impossible. Ebay knows this as the rep told me how they operate, but they still keep selling. Shame on Ebay!"

2011-09-29

"Don't deal with them. I also was sent the wrong part, after weeks of very broken communications by email (they answer at the rate of about 1 request every other day) it was determined that in fact they *don't* have the screen for my model laptop.

Months later I am still trying to get them to refund my money.

zebraloc's Avatar

Northeast Ohio
2011-04-25

"I Googled for a replacement laptop screen and ScreenAid came up. The website is helpful and I was careful to make sure I had the right part number for my model before I ordered. Customer service is somewhat limited due, I assume, to language barriers. However, my screen was quickly delivered by priority mail and in meticulous packaging, arriving in good shape. I am very satisfied and will use ScreenAid and will recommend them to anyone with this caveat; make sure you order the right product, check and double check. The only way ScreenAid can be 100% certain they are sending you the right screen is if they can see the defective screen with model and part numbers. That's why they ask for a picture of the defective screen. Not at all unreasonable, IMHO."

This review was modified by zebraloc on April 25 2011 12:09:46 AM

2011-03-28

"I OWN A SMALL COMPUTER REPAIR BUSINESS. I HAVE USED SCREENAID TWICE FOR NEW LAPTOP SCREENS. THEY WERE THE RIGHT, QUALITY PART AT A GOOD PRICE. WORKED FINE AND GOT IT FAST. I WILL USE THEM AGAIN."

This review was modified by ACTIONPC on March 28 2011 04:58:42 PM

2011-03-10

"I come to warn you about screenaid. Only choose to deal with these people if you have no other option.

When I broke my laptop screen I quickly and stupidly rushed online and clicked on the first link I saw. Big mistake. As it turns out they sent me the wrong screen.

So I contacted their customer service. When they finally got to me, I discovered their lack of knowledge of the english language was quite obvious.

To make it worst, they didn't seem to understand anything I said. When I told them that they had sent me the wrong screen, they replied to say "your email says no anything! Plz send pic's so we can see what the problem is"

So after three weeks of dealing with that, they finally told me to send it back and they'd send me the right one. When I got the screen, I discovered that they had yet again sent the wrong screen. Furious, I decided to get a refund. That was five weeks ago. I'm still fighting them to get a refund.

Avoid screenaid no matter what. There is nothing that is worse than having to deal with these incompetent people.

This review was modified by SAmcoppini on March 10 2011 12:44:51 PM

2011-02-10

"Stay away from this company. They shipped me the wrong screen and were difficult to deal with. Very difficult to communicate because their English is so poor. I did get a refund but they would not refund my return shipping costs. "

2010-10-10

"I needed a new screen for my Asus. I didn't know about resellerratings.co to check on online sites. I ordered from the cheapest one which was screenaid. They were very prompt. I received the screen quickly (2 days). I actually installed it after a few days and discovered a problem. I emailed them about the problem, they requested some photos to help verify the problem. I then sent the screen in and they sent a new one out right away ( after asking if I wanted a replacement or refund). The new screen works.
I have to say that during the whole process, they actually were very proactive and gave me some of the best customer service I have ever received. This is my first review on this site..but I felt it was worth mentioning. I will be reviewing another company (Abe's of Maine)on here as I just ordered something from them. I hope I get as good as service.
I wanted to write something because when I discovered this site 2 days ago, you read some of the negatives and you think every company on the net is trying to scam you...some are...and sometimes they just screw up. All I can say is this company impressed me...and I want to continue to provide accurate information for other people buying products out there.

2010-09-25

"These guys claim to sell original, brand new products on their web page until they get your money. After complaining that the screen they sent was neither new nor original, in my case IBM, they sent me an email that they only sell compatible devises and I should just put it into my computer to try if it works. If wouldn't want to do that, I could ship it back (my cost) and they'd refund me 80%. And I have all that in writing! Stay away, they are a scam!"

2010-03-04

"This crook sells on ebay under id: screenaid, yallstore, laptopz-outlet

We are recent victims of this horrible person dwelling in attics in NY. We purchased one LCD from him on EBAY, and it is totally different model and cheaply made from china with "made in china" homemade label covering the factory generic model number. What are they trying to hide from, illegal?? The worst part is it does not work at all.

Here is the story. First he claim he never received the product we returned. He kept saying until we showed him the proof of tracking and signature after two weeks. Then he claimed it must be error of finance people or logistic, what a bull shit. They are just couple of people dwelling in attics in NY, and may sit next to each other. What a dishonest people!! If you have same situation, make sure you return item back with tracking# to fight for this illegal immigrant.

When we post NEGATIVE and truthful feedback for him on ebay. He tries every nonsense and claims "he is a college student, if we did not remove the negative feedback, then the *company* will fire him". blah, blah..
what a nasty person!! He use college student and so-called *company* to disguise.

Final note, DO NOT be fooled by the volume or feedback he got, those are small worthless cheaply made cable, wires. Even if someone gives him negative feedback, he will use "various excuses" to fool you to remove, DO NOT REMOVE your negative and truthful FEEDBACK!!

All previous reviews are TRUE about this person. Their strategy seems to be to stall as long as possible, forcing you past the Ebay dispute and feedback cutoffs, only to mock or ignore you afterward. Make sure you file Paypal dispute within 45 days FIRST, do not wait!!!

Period. Never purchase from this HORRIBLE person, and make sure you report this guy to authority.

here is the return address:

Hangfeng Wu

7614 16th Ave Apt WYS
Brooklyn, NY 11214-1008

This review was modified by compaq111 on March 04 2010 08:26:55 AM

2010-01-26

"Absolutely disgusting experience. I have dealt with this company three times under different names. First, with "Screenaid" through eBay. They sent an incompatible part, exchanging it with one that was cracked. At this point they refused contact and I had to go through my credit card company for a refund as the experience took over 90 days.

Meanwhile, I ordered another screen, this time from "eSellers". You can only imagine my surprise when I saw "Yall Inc" on my Paypal statement. The screen did not even remotely match the item I ordered. I acted quickly this time and got a refund. The process still took over a month.

Finally, I placed an order, again through eBay, with "laptopz-outlet" / "Laptopz.com" for a AC Adapter. Saw the Paypal statement and I was furious. Sure enough, wrong item received. Over a week to get a return label issued. This company can't do anything right, it seems. It is bordering on a scam.

Throughout, broken English and rude dialog were par for the course. Contact was slow and I spoke to at least ten different people. Their strategy seems to be to stall as long as possible, forcing you past the Ebay dispute and feedback cutoffs, only to mock or ignore you afterward. I have full chat and email logs if interested. Avoid this company, by whatever name they go, like the plague.

Art
ThinkFear AT Gmail.com

Share ScreenAid's store rating

ScreenAid is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ScreenAid is not a merchant member
ScreenAid does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!