Stores > Schwan's Home Service
  • Schwan's Home S

Voice your opinion! Review Schwan's Home Service by clicking a star below.
2017-07-17

Poor

"Been waiting since 9 waiting for him to come and it is after 11 and still not here"

2017-03-03

Never Again!!!

"Worst experience ever.I was thrilled to see a schwans truck in my neighborhood and when I saw a special 30% off offer I thought I would give it a try.

I placed my order, set my delivery time and day and couldn't wait for my delivery. I have to set a delivery time after 5 due to my job and so I set the time for 5-8. I rushed home and began the wait, and wait, and wait. When 8:00 came and went I called schwans to cancel my order and was told by the rudest customer service rep that I couldn't cancel, the stuff was on the truck and I should expect delivery.

I said "are you serious? you're not going to cancel my order?" and he said in a very condescending manner "yes ma'am that's what I'm saying". I hung up and went to bed soon after. The next thing I know I have someone banging on my door after 9PM.

Who the heck do they think they are just showing up whenever it's convenient for them? Why do they give you a delivery time at all!! I refused the order and told the guy if he didn't get off my property I would call the police.... he began telling me I couldn't refuse the order.

I slammed the door and went back to bed. I checked my email in the morning and saw an order cancellation email.

I guess they were able to cancel the order after all.Never Never Never again.

2017-01-10

horrible customer service, promo code doesn't work, my delivery date changed. Never will I be making another order

"I started my online order and was going to the checkout. I had 13 items in my cart almost reaching $180.00. If I was happy with how the food tasted, I would be ordering more next time and I would also be a monthly customer just like my Grandpa was. #1 problem I ran into was the coupon code- THIRTY was not working. There is a big promotion going on that does not expire until next month where you get thirty percent off your 1st order if you enter the word- THIRTY in at check out. So I called customer service and she said the code was not working on her end as well, but told me not to worry, and that my discount would be applied by delivery date. #2- problem number 2 was my delivery date. I made my delivery date for Tuesday 1-10-17. Even the customer service gal repeated my delivery date. Then on Friday 1-06-17 I get a knock at my door at 7:30pm! It is dark outside and I do not see a vehicle in my driveway. Turns out it is Shwans and they are trying to deliver my order and he knows nothing about my thirty percent off, and he is 4 days early!!!!!!!!!!! I logged on to the website and sure enough my date of delivery was changed to 1-06-17 and that change was not made by me. #3. Problem number 3 is that I just got off of the phone with a Cindy in customer service who refused to give me her last name or a confirmation number to the phone call and was incredibly rude!!! In the end I have just cancelled my order. I will NEVER try ordering from Shwans again. EVER! Cindy also knew nothing about my 30% off, so that literally means that whoever I talked to when I 1st placed my order did nothing... She made no notes in the computer, made no effort to apply my 30% off like she said she would- Not a thing was done by her. This company should be ashamed of your customer service. Coupon codes do not apply, customer service is horrible, and lord knows when I will get a refund. Because on top of everything my card has been charged for the order I do not have. Horrible company!

2016-08-10

Good Food, Great Delivery Service, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I've been a Schwan's customer for 9 months now, 2 orders a month, averaging over $100 each order. Their food is good sometimes great and the delivery service I receive is excellent. However, when it comes to customer service, I have to give them 1 star. I have had a couple reps that were outstanding, the rest needs improvement.

I'm tired of them telling me that everything is my fault such as when their website isn't working properly. It's not my computer since it happens on other computers.

Stop telling me that you can't assist me because I didn't contact customer service 48 hours prior to my service date to correct my order, when I actually contacted you 3 days in advance.

When I get nowhere with calling customer service, I try leaving a message on their website for assistance. Instead of addressing my issue I get this canned response consistently:

"Thank you for contacting Schwan's Home Service, Inc.
Unfortunately, we did not receive your request in time to fulfill it and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. For future reference, please contact us at least 48 hours prior to your service date with delivery requests. For the most immediate assistance, please contact us at www.schwans.com Live Chat or call 1-888-SCHWANS (1-888-724-9267).
We appreciate your business. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions."

It wouldn't surprise me if I contacted them 2 weeks in advance, I would still receive the same canned message. If there's a problem with the call center there is no recourse, since issues will not be addressed.
I've had some reps that won't even help me because they don't know how. Oh yes, I forgot, I had a rep hang up on me at the very beginning of a call because she didn't identify herself and I asked for her name. Can you believe that?

I am looking into other alternatives at this moment since I am house bound and cannot go shopping. I like the convenience of having food delivered at my door. Maybe American Frozen Food Service. However you need to purchase 6 months at a time.

2016-05-13

Charged for an order I didn't make - no recourse!

"Received an email invoice this morning for $23.07 for an order that we did not make on May 11. Called customer service who looked up the order by invoice number and he said that invoice number doesn't show as our name. I then asked if our card was charged because the invoice showed our credit card info. He said it was not. Well - we previously had discussed canceling our Schwans service so this was the final motivator to do so - I asked the rep how we could discontinue our service. He said he could do that for us. He did it. I then went and checked our credit card account and it had indeed been charged the $23.07. Called Schwans back and they said they had no way to look up that invoice or my account since I had canceled my service. Also stated they could not tell me who our rep was even though I could give them my address. I told them I was sure our rep would remember not selling us anything that night as we did speak to him that night. No help. So having to fight this charge through my bank. I plan to let all of my neighbors know about this and will bad-talk Schwans every chance I get."

DOUGSPECOP's Avatar

Western USA
2015-10-07

"Excellent food and excellent service. I started this service for my 86 year old parents a few years back after my experience with the company. They are customer service orientated, which is rare in today's business environment.

Their food, although not exceptional by any means, is adequate and reasonable for what you're paying. The driver is ALWAYS polite and helpful with taking their order and delivering the product ON TIME, EVERY TIME. There has never been a delay or canceled order, and when my folks complained about the taste/quality of a dish, Schwan's refunded the cost of the food and replaced it with another dish.

I recommend this company over others providing the same service.

2010-02-23

"I too did their free promotion thing. I received my order perfectly fine. You have to tell them to stop coming back every week or they will keep bugging you. I got their chipped beef and it was mediocre tasting.

My b/f and friend tried this as well. However for them no truck ever came. They had to keep harassing the customer service. My friend was finally able to get his order after months, however my boyfriend still has not received anything. He waited and waited for the truck to come when they said it would, but nothing ever came. He ended up being late for work on numerous occasions waiting for the truck. Poor customer service.

2009-08-12

"My mother has ordered from this company since 1986. After MY first experience with them I have no idea how or why she's been a customer this long.

I saw a recent promotion they were having where you could sign up as a new customer and order any item for $10 or less for free (including delivery). Wow - how could I go wrong? I ordered a free item + a $12 item (after tax). It asked me to choose a delivery date from a drop down box of choices. I picked Fri. August 7th (all day). Since I only had errands to run I would put them off and stay home this day in particular to wait for it.

The whole day came and went. No Schwan's truck. I was pretty pissed I could have been getting things done but instead wasted my whole day at home waiting for some stupid $22 in food to show up at my door. I put it off my mind until Monday morning.

Monday morning I called and spoke with a representative at Schwan's regarding the status of my order on their website now showing "complete." Huh? Did they take it to the wrong house? The rep. claimed my delivery date was supposed to be for 8/10/09. No... I told her I specifically was given a limited set of choices by THEIR website and picked 8/7/09. She brushed me off like it was nothing and then said, "Well let's see, had a free item?" I didn't cut her off, that's all she said; as if some how ordering JUST a free item made me less of a customer. Funny seeing as how I'm attempting to try their service for the first time. I informed her I also ordered another pay-for item as well. Again she brushed me off like it was nothing and said the order would come 8/10/09 (that day). She ended the conversation by reminding me I could always order at www.schwans.com in the future (??? WTH ??? Isn't that what I did to get in this mess in the first place?)

The order came, the driver was very odd - as if he was high or something. I can't quite explain it; he seemed very awkward... maybe it was just me pissed off for wasting a day in its' entirety. The jalapeƱo poppers I ordered were pretty terrible and there were very few in the box considering they were $12.39 after tax. I could have gotten 2-3 time the amount for a couple bucks less at my local Costco AND I wouldn't have had to wait all day for the thing to show up.

Haven't tried the free Fiesta Lime Chicken dinner I ordered yet - though I wouldn't doubt the portion size is laughable too.

Considering the disorganized website, lack of customer service, and pricey items, we won't be ordering from Schwan's again.

Share Schwan's Home Service's store rating

Schwan's Home Service is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Schwan's Home Service is not a merchant member
Schwan's Home Service does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!