Sam's Club Reviews - samsclub.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.17/10 62 reviews

Sam's Club is not a merchant member
Sam's Club does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"If I continue to be badgered at the check out about upgrading my membership so I can get a small discount on products never buy I will ask to have my membership fee refunded & use it to join Cotsco.These people do not want to take no for an answer & usually get mad.If Sams needs to beg for money why not have someone sit in front of the store with a tin cup?"

modified review This review was modified by abe1361 on March 24 2014 12:25:31 PM

"Their Customer Service line is the worst that I have ever heard! Even worse than Bank of America and that was pretty bad!
I placed a couple of auction bids that won, I then got an email stating that there needed to be some verification that needed to be done, which I completely understand. I called in and a rep took my information on one order and said that it would process. I thought "great!" Then I advised the rep that I needed to change the payment method, she told me someone would have to call me back. No one called me back, so I called Customer (No) Service and this rep told me "oh sir, they should have told you in 72 hours". Wow! OK, so I wait another couple of days and still nothing. Again, I call back and the rep tells me then "oh sir, they should have told you 72 business hours." Incredible!! So I ask for a supervisor and am transferred to a gentleman who was absolutely no help and was rude to me by overtalking me, and telling me that it had to have been my misunderstanding. I asked why didnt the first rep, or the second one for that matter tell me this? He said "oh sir, they are probably temps and they dont know." Really??? Absolutely horrible, I advised them that I would blast them over the internet and they really didnt seem to care.
Never Never doing business with Sam's Club ever again!!

modified review This review was modified by jayman3132 on January 06 2014 01:16:04 PM

"I don't know if I got really lucky or if they changed, but I had a pretty darn near perfect experience with Sam's Club's online store. They had the Xbox One in stock for a long period, so I ordered it there. It shipped fast and their customer service team was very helpful. The only real issue I see is that they can't answer many questions over email; email replies just tell you to call. On that note, there was almost no wait when I called them."

modified review This review was modified by Unknownwarrior33 on November 28 2013 11:09:14 AM

"Ordered item online, was shipped the wrong item. Was told it would take 3 months to get the correct one if I shipped it back because of all the paper work. They instructed me to go to a store which I did. They are not set up to do returns at store but somehow did it (they thought). It never got returned to my credit card, I have faxed them credit card statements etc and nothing has happened. No one will call me and it has been 3 months. I will never set foot in Sams club or Walmart again."

"order bridal set on May 23 to be deliver between May 28 and June 11. It did not ship when stated. After checking several days I cancelled the order on June 20."

modified review This review was modified by justfacts on June 20 2013 06:26:27 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"Management there was all about the money. I understand that we have certain expectations as cashiers but the expectations dealt on us force us cashiers to enrage and annoy customers by repeatedly asking them to buy a plus membership ( $100). I am also being vague by saying "asking" because honestly speaking one of my managers told me to not "ask" but "tell" the customer what to do when it comes to "offering" the additional $100 memberships. The plus memberships are a waste of money unless you are there to buy products for your business ( large quantities), my parents did not get their money's worth and neither did hundreds of unsatisfied customers. I had to offer the additional $100 membership to customers who had already obtained one in the past, all of them complained that it was not worth the money. There are only certain products in the plus deals like $1 off oranges or $2 off pistachios, you might be able to reimburse yourself the $100 but the fact of the matter is that most people don't. Customers know about this and when im forced to "tell" them to buy it tension builds and customers become uncomfortable. I found very quickly that my job depended on badgering customers constantly. When my manager showed me how to offer the plus mem. they took a very direct approach and badgerd the customer even after the customer said no thank you to the point where they became upset. I managed to sell numerous plus mem but fell short of my managers expectations and therefore fired after 3 months in the business.
Secondly I personally knew a cashier that moved up into a management position, during training he told me that the managers there barely worked during the morning and early afternoon hours, consequently us cashiers had to make up for the slack by working extra hours at night. We had to fold clothes and clean aisles along with repositiong merchandise so its neat and ready for the next day, by repositioning i do not mean go-backs (taking back merchandise that customers leave at cash registers) that we did anyways. I am pretty sure these are not cashiers' responsibilities that we did every night, except for the go-backs. It would have helped if the managers helped the cashiers out but instead I personally saw them talk and joke around instead of helping. The main reason I was fired was because I did not stay one night to do these things, the reason being I had many college assignments to finish which i told my manager of. When i was fired my manager mentioned that as being the reason why i was let go.
For the customers: stick to the basic membership.
For future employees: expect badgering customers as part of your work.

"I will never buy from this place (or WalMart) again. We ordered a $1400 playground for our kids for Christmas. We ordered it Nov. 26. "Shipped" on the 27th. Great right? No. After five calls beginning Dec. 7 (tracking number not working) on Dec. 13 and getting major run arounds, a "supervisor" calls the "vendor" who says it will be here by the 21st. What!? Four days before Christmas? My husband works! There was no way to get this thing put together after the 21st. She then says couldn't talk to me any more b/c I was not my husband (the buyer) even though my name is on the membership account and we have the same last name. From now on, I will only purchase locally. The only reason I am giving the a fair on their customer service is b.c the first four people I dealt with were really nice. However, they were also involved in the manipulation of ME."

"Sam's Club has saved me! I've bought so much there! I've bought Computers to photos there. They're employees are intelligent, and polite. I strongly encourage you to try the store. I bought my mom what would be a $1,200 dollar gift there, I got a $500 discount!"

modified review This review was modified by Seth123456 on December 12 2012 10:23:50 PM

"Wal-Mart Sam club They suck with everything from customer service to product. Don't shop there I do not recommend them try other place like costco or hyvee is way better then wal-mart and Sam club. They use cheap china product to sell to us."

"AMAZING lack of service. I called about product order that never arrived. Was told I would get call back. Never did. Found out after calling again that there is no record I ever called."

"I ordered a $1700 PC that was to be presented to a family member with terminal cancer. After 2 shipping delays and 17 days, they showed up with a box of diapers instead of the PC. It took 5 phone calls and an entire day off to convince them to cancel my order and refund my money . . . it has been another 5 days and my credit card has yet to be refunded. I will never shop Sam's again.
EditDelete

"Wow I should have checked the reviews before placing my order. I ordered 2 items - received one and was billed for both which they say was shipped. Now they say they have to confirm that I didn't get the item or that it wasn't shipped and I have to wait another 5-6 days. Meanwhile they have my money and said they needed to confirm the status before I can get a credit and even then it would be 3 - 5 days before I got it. Guess that's how they fund their business - by using other peoples money!!"

"I have been a Sam's Club Business Member since 1997. I work in customer service myself....and I can say I have NEVER seen such horrible customer service EVER. I placed my 1st order with Sam's for an HP laptop on Oct 13th. On Oct 15th at 9:00 a.m. I received an email that my account needed to be verified and I needed to call the number provided. I called and verified my information and thought my order would be on it's way, but about 5:30 that night I received another email that this was my 2nd notice to call and verify my account before my order could be shipped, so I called right away. The next morning I checked my email and I had YET ANOTHER email asking that I call in. By this time I was SO angry...when I called I demanded that I speak to a supervisor. The man I spoke seemed like he was eager to help me get my order processed and so I felt better. I checked my SamsClub.com account to see if my computer had shipped yet, and it had been cancelled. I was fuming. I called back and asked for the supervisor and after I ranted a bit he agreed to give my free express shipping and 20% off my order if I reordered the computer. After waited 4 days for the hold to be released on my Sam's Club Credit Card I finally reordered the computer on Oct 20th. I was given a confirmation email that my order arrive by Oct 23rd. On Sunday the 21st I received ANOTHER email that I said needed to call in to verify my account. I called and the man said everything is fine. I asked if my computer would still be delivered on the 23rd and he said yes. Monday evening (the 24th) I logged on to my account to check and the updated still said "Processing". I sent an email to the Customer Service rep that convinced me to reorder the computer complaining that my order hadn't shipped yet and could he please call me the next day with an update. I waited to 10:00 am PST and called him as he was in Houston and since it would be noon there figured he should know something by now. I was told by the rep that answered the phone that the rep assisting me had received my email and would call me before I left work at 6:00 pm. At 5:30 when I hadn't received an email yet I called him back and was told he had left for the day. I called 1st thing the next morning and was told that he didn't come in that day. At this point I am so frustrated that I ask for someone with more authority. A woman gets on the phone and apologizes for all my frustration and says she will reimburse me for the shipping and give me a 15% discount. I said, "The other rep said he would give me free shipping and 20% off my order" She then says could you hold while I ask him (Ahhhh I thought he wasn't in) she comes back and said ok, yes he confirmed that it would be a 20% discount. She promised to get it all straightened out and get back to me that day. When I hadn't heard from her by 3:00 pm I called back and was told she had left for the day...I went ballistic and demanded someone that could get something done. A different man came on the phone and after telling him the whole story, he tells me that for what ever reason HP had failed to ship the item. This was as of yesterday...I still have NO COMPUTER. If I could get this computer at this price (even before the 20% it is a great price) ANYWHERE else I would. I will say this. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM SAM'S CLUB.COM AGAIN EVER, and hope that people have the forethought to check their rating before ordering from them. I always check rating, but didn't because I have ALWAYS had great service in the store, and even from WALMART.COM and so it NEVER crossed my mind that I would have this kind of issue."

"I love the Sams in Chesterfield. It is clean and always has what I am looking for. My family loves the roasted chicken and I buy all our fresh meats there. Fruit is always high quality and always good wine prices. "

"This is a letter I wrote to Sams Club! I think it will explain my poor experience with them!

I am writing because I am very dissatisfied with he service that I received with your online ordering and customer service! I am a member of Sams Club and until a few days ago I have only shopped in store and not online.
I went online and purchased a computer as a surprise for my mother. When filling out the information I had the computer sent to her house. I guess by accident I also used her address as the billing address. So today I received an email to contact you so that I can verify some information to enable the order to be processed. I called the number and spoke with a gentlemen. He asked me some questions in which I answered all of them correctly! He then told me he needed to speak to my mother. I asked why? It didn't make any sense to me because she had no idea about this order, therefore she would have no information to give. He said that he had to talk to her and that they could not process the order unless she was able to confirm his questions. I asked to speak to a manager. Nichole at extension 2008 then got on the phone. I explained to her that this order was a surprise gift and that I was them member who PLACED the order. I had all of the necessary information. She also said that she needed to speak to my mom. She said that the order would not be placed until they spoke with her.
Okay so please understand where I am coming from. 1st, I am the customer and member who ordered a computer for her mother as a surprise. 2nd, there is no reason that anyone needed to speak to my mother, especially because she had no idea about the SURPRISE computer order. 3rd, nothing was done to try and correct the problem. I was only told no...no...no! I requested that the billing address be changed to my address, the member who placed the order but again NO.
So what happened was this! I drove to my mothers house. I told her about her SURPRISE computer and I had to explain all this mess to her. I then called your online customer service department again, I verified the same answers as before, they spoke with my mom who gave them the same answers, then they processed the order. Conclusion: The Surprise computer that was supposed to be exciting and create a little bit of joy in my moms life, turned into a headache and frustration. Was my mom surprised? Yes, but not about the computer! She was surprised about the way I was treated especially as a member of Sams club. My response to her..join the club! But not yours..mine! I just wanted to let you know this is how customers are being treated and I can only hope that this is the exception and not the rule!