Stores > Sam's Club

• Sam's Club

Product & services pricing Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"We bought some cheese (their brand 2 lb block) that ended up molding in the package. When we went to return it, they wouldn't give our money back because our membership had expired (earlier this month.). The cheese was not expired, but the vaccuum seal wasn't working anymore.

I think it's ridiculous that they wouldn't accept a return because my membership had expired. It's their cheese because no one else sells that brands.

This review was modified by Robbii86 on November 22 2015 01:30:44 PM

"The service desk personnel are not trained adequately and are unable to renew memberships for businesses and get the employee names correct. This is very frustrating and time consuming as I as a business owner have to come in more than once to show proof of payment and the names of current employees. I actually paid this renewal in person in the store at the service deskand received a written receipt. However when some of the employees drove to the store to get new ID pictures they were told more members would have to be purchased and various other untrue comments.
This is unfortunately a consistent way of handling customer service and renewals on the part of my business at the Harbison location of Sams Club in Columbia SC
No one is able to assist on the telephone when I tried to resolve this issue on Oct 8, 2015
Mybusiness number is 803-796-8356 if someone can help me. (DR)

This review was modified by debbieroyer on October 07 2015 02:16:10 PM

I am invited to a wedding coming up in 2 weeks.I ordered a $5K+ necklace from Samsclub.com, It said that it was in stock, they payment went through.

some days later I received a cancellation email. They did not even have the courtesy of saying the cancellation reason in the email. I ordered another $5K necklace and called samesclub.com customer service right after the order. They confirmed that they have this one in the stock.

couple of days later, I received an email saying that I need to call them and confirm my address and information. I called and did that. They said I will receive it in 3-5 business days. Today, after wasting 2 weeks, I received a cancellation email once again.

Called and was informed that this one is also not in the stock!! very unprofessional! If you do not have something in stock, you should not have it as an available item.

They wasted 2 weeks of my time!!!NEVER BUY JEWELRY FROM SAMS'CLUB.COM

This review was modified by Partovi on September 10 2015 11:14:36 AM

"One word. Costco. Been a Costco member for 10 years. never had an issue with customer service either in store or online. Moved to Rapid City in 2013 where there is no Costco and got a Sams Club membership. Product selection is not as good, in store service is meh... Fast forward to my first experience with Sams online. HORRIBLE. Ordered a product and canceled it within 48 hours... way prior to them shipping the product. Called them they said that it couldn't be cancelled as it had potentially shipped. I ordered on a Saturday night and canceled on Monday morning. I highly doubt the warehouse was moving much on Sunday... Spoke with a supervisor who "handled the problem and would credit my account". Three weeks later a trucking company called me to try to deliver the product that was canceled. It has been a full 5 weeks since the order was canceled and the credit has still not been issued. I have spent approximately two hours on calls (mostly on hold) with Sams to resolve. Never ever again."

This review was modified by cj216 on August 15 2015 10:07:46 AM

"Just left the Sam's Club in Greensboro, NC and I am very upset about the way things were handled at that store. Purpose of going to the store was for this VIP sale going on today. I wanted to purchase 5 Fit bracelets that were on sale for $69.98. Walked in pulled 3 black tickets and 2 white tickets. Get to the register to pay and the sales rep explains they have no black left. I said ok I will take the two white. She goes to the manager Ken T to get the white and he tells her she can only have 1 because he just handed a ticket to another lady for the last one. Confused, because I had my ticket 30 minutes prior to her and was at the register paying for it. Ken T said there is nothing he could do. This makes no sense to have tickets out for an item that you don't have and for him to give that to her when I had mine first. The other lady obviously agreed because she brought me her ticket and said she didnt want it anymore. Needless to say neither one of us bought it. Train your managers better or let him go. There are people out there that understand the importance of customer service unlike Ken T."

This review was modified by armfrantlc on August 15 2015 05:55:24 AM

"I placed an order online at Samsclub.com. They sent me an email asking me to call back to provide additional information. I called and the representative asked me to provide the address, DOB, SSN. My Date of Birth and SSN? Can't believe it. I told her to cancel my order and I'll buy the item somewhere else. Good luck with a system like that."

"I was looking for a swim suit at Sams Club in Garland and could not seem to find one in my size. So therefore, I asked a young gentlemen, who was walking by, to check and see if they possibly have the swim suit in my size. He responded back saying that he does not know where to look, so then i asked politely if he could call the manager to see if there is anyone who is working in the clothes department for some help. He called his manager on the radio to see if there is anyone working on the floor and she replied back saying no and told him to assist us. The young gentlemen seemed upset and by looks of it, did not want to help me at all. Not having my needs satisfied, I left and went to a front-end manager, Jessica, to see if she could help me find the swim suit in my size, but without even looking nor scanning the merchandise, she said no and sat back in her chair chatting with the store manager instead of assisting me. This was by far the worst assistance I have EVER had."

This review was modified by jas1vir on June 02 2015 04:58:36 PM

"Horrible customer service with sams club .com Ordered a gift-
fed ex lost it- they said they would send a replacement waited over a month- and manager offered me nothing but a refund, I will not use sams club .com again
Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!!!!!!

This review was modified by Marydc76 on May 16 2015 11:03:32 AM

"Very very bad and unorganized delivery system :(
I always ordered for the office and every time I received the package either something is missing or is with breakage.
I have to call few times for missing items to get a credit or reorder.

This review was modified by Spring Creek on May 06 2015 07:49:26 AM

"I am a plus member at Sams Club of Flint, Mi. I called them because I bought a hybrid grill from there my husband put it together and then notice the charcoal lid had a dent and scratch on and a part missing from it which caused it to close uneven it so I call and asked if i could bring the lid back and get a new lid they said yes when I got there the girl at the service desk ( Halley or Kalley) was rude from the start she took about a half hour just to find my purchase of the grill ( the whole time she was talking to co- workers and looking at everyone that came into the store )which i had also purchased an extended warranty for and then she finally got someone and they were to bring another box up after another 15-20 minutest they finally brought another box up and Halley opened the box and was going to give us the lid but my husband noticed that that lid was also damaged so I began speaking with Halley or Kalleye not sure of her name because her name tag was worn but she kept ignoring me and would only talk to my husband after some time of this I went to the service desk and asked for a supervisor which they sent over to us and when she got there I explained to her what was going on and Halley got angry and threw one of the part onto the box and said " I'm done helpling you" and the part fell onto the floor I then told the supervisor is this how she suppose to treat the customer this is what i have been putting up with her and that is the reason why your merchandise is damaged because the workers throw them. the supervisor said no and apologized and began to help us then all of a sudden a man comes out of no where and starts yelling at me and my husband saying " Whats going on here ?" i'm not damaging out a bunch of boxes and may husband told him that it's not our fault that the manufacturer packages the parts needed in different boxes my husband told the man which we later found out was named Jerry who had no identification card on him so that is why we didn't know who he was that he was only getting the parts need for the lid handle, rings for handle, smoke stack and spring. So to keep the situation from escalating any more because my husband by this time was very pissed off at Jerry for the way he approached us yelling my husband took the lid that they brought to us which turned out to be off of a floor model display. I am serioulsy considering returning everything we bought there in the the last two months back to them and getting my money back if some kind of action is not taken against these two employees and that amount is quite a bit because we bought mattresses, microwave,tv etc, I demand some kind of compensation and an apology from this store they owe to us after all these years of being a loyal customers."

"Sam's,Woodruff Rd, Greenville SC. Found guest pass information online and at the door was directed to Customer Service. At Customer Service, I waited while 3 employees stood together talking among themselves while waiting for a supervisor to handle a purchase return question. Surely 3 employees were not needed to handle one issue, but they all stood waiting for the supervisor while the line grew longer and waiting customers grew more impatient. Several waiting customers complained to each other that this lack of customer service was common and that they were switching to Costco. After a very long wait, finally told by a rude, unfriendly employee that every store has it's own promotions and guest passes were not available at their store. Left and drove 30 minutes to the Easley SC store and was told to print information and come back with it. At this point, I was ready to give up, but went back the next day to the Easley store and more of the same rude, unhelpful customer service. As I stepped up to the desk, the desk employee did not even acknowledge or speak to me, only held out her hand for my printed information. Needless to say, my guest experience was so unpleasant that I will not be joining Sam's Club, as I had planned. I will drive farther for a Costco store membership. I have never experienced poorer treatment in a store, or seen SO MANY RUDE EMPLOYEES. What is even more appalling is that this behavior is evidently tolerated by management in 2 different stores. Since my experience, I have heard from numerous others that my experience is not uncommon."

This review was modified by Shondee1 on March 30 2015 11:06:00 AM

"After being a Sam's member for years, I switched to Costco for something different, and I've been very happy with Costco. Now a few years later I'm in the market for Apple products and I find out that Sam's has much better pricing, and I see other items they sell that differ from Costco. I sign up online for a membership, get the "Welcome to Sam's Club" email and place an order online. 17 hours later I get an email asking for additional information for my order. I call them and they "verify" the information I gave them (address, name, what I ordered, birthday) and then ask me for the last 4 digits of my SSN. I point out that they are not verifying this since I didn't give it to them when I signed up and ordered. She tells me that she can also use the last 4 digits of my driver's license, which I also did not give them originally. I tell her that with my billing address, the CID number on my credit card and my name, they can verify that I'm using my own credit card. But they still need my SSN or DL.... I tell her to cancel the order and my membership and I get transferred. I've now been on the phone 15 minutes. The second lady tells me that it will take 6-8 weeks for them to issue me a USPS check for my membership refund. Seriously? So you can immediately bill my credit card, but you can't credit it within a couple days??? Since she gives me the option to cancel at a local store, I give her the last 4 of my DL so they can ship my order. When I get it, I'll go cancel my membership. Now I remember why I switched to Costco.....

This review was modified by cralexander55 on March 25 2015 11:36:26 AM

"I ordered a table set from Sam's Club on January 11. There was no pick up at store option, it was only available to be shipped. I received an email January 13 stating it shipped. It was coming by freight delivery by MXD Group; due to it being freight, the estimated delivery date was February 5--which I thought was a long time to wait for an order in the first place. The email stated MXD Group would call to schedule the delivery. February 5 comes around and nothing, no call and no item. I called MXD Group on February 10 and was told that MXD had lost my order in transit and had submitted a replacement request to Sam's Club but hadn't heard anything back...I received no notification from them of this issue, it was up to me to call. I called Sam's Club and was told they hadn't received the request from MXD and that they would need to do an investigation to make sure the item really did get lost before they could ship a new one. I was instructed to call back if I thought the process was "taking too long." I called Sam's Club back on February 18 and was told that the request was sent to the wrong department....February 19 was told that my order was being re-sent and I would receive a confirmation email. That shipping would take about the same time frame as the last time--another month! On February 23 I received an email saying my order was canceled and I would receive a refund, I assume because the table sets were sold out. I am very disappointed with this service and would caution anyone from purchasing if MXD Group is the delivery service because I got the impression that this happens all the time with them. I believe Sam's Club should stop using this service if they are constantly losing products."

This review was modified by Zalea1864 on March 02 2015 08:57:29 AM

"Tonight was the second time a truck of mine has been vandalized at Sam's club in Tucson while I was shopping. The first time someone bent my antennae in half and cost me $45.00 to replace it. This time someone tossed a container of fresh pineapple on the hood so it could etch the paint. I do not feel safe in that parking lot anymore. If you are letting people get away with doing this kind of thing, it won't be long before you have out and out muggings and carjackings there. You need a uniformed armed guard out in the parking lot.I have lived in Tucson since 1989 and have never had a vehicle vandalize except at this Sam's club. I reported it to the manager whose main response was well there are big trees in front of the security cameras so they probably didn't catch anything. I am so not amused by this."

This review was modified by rlippse on January 17 2015 09:02:17 PM

"Purchased a car battery. It died five weeks later. They refuse to honor their warranty. Two independent mechanics verify that the battery is dead, but somehow it is "good" when they "test" it at Sam's Club. The 48-month warranty means nothing if they don't intend to honor it."

This review was modified by smahmoud on January 14 2015 11:50:09 AM

Share Sam's Club's store rating

Sam's Club is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sam's Club is not a merchant member
Sam's Club does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!