Stores > Sam's Club

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10

2016-09-14

Want Wheel DAMAGE? Get new tires put on at Sam's Club!

"DAMAGED MY WHEELS ON MY CADILAC!! September 9, 2016...After spending $861.36 on a set of new tires, I find after installation that 3 of my wheels are damaged. Spoke with manager Greg Hemphill, turned in a claim. Claim Departments stance today put rudely was.. "It's obvious the wheels were curb damaged." Really?! I didn't think to sit outside and watch them install my new tires. I should have! Way to go Greg! Great job on taking care of your customers who are basically paying your salary with a job. I'm sure Sam Walton is proud of the way you handled the situation! I went to Cadillac Dealership for a quote on new wheels and big shock, I am not the first one who has had wheel damage from Sam's Club Automotive. Don't have work done at Sam's Club #4969, Bentonville, Arkansas!!!!!

This review was modified by KCNewton on September 14 2016 07:09:59 AM

2016-09-09

Broken Site, Horrible Customer Service

"I signed up for an account. Two days later, I tried to make a purchase, and it said my account was expired. I called and they said my payment had been declined. The payment was charged to my account, so I sent them a photo of my bank statement and the payment info. They told me the membership was back on. Two days later, I tried to make a purchase, and it said my account was expired. I called again. They said there had been an error, and reissued an account number. Two days later, I tried to make another purchase, and my account was expired. They said there had been an error with my samsclub.com account, and then fixed it.

The next day, I got an email that they needed to verify information for my purchase. I called and verified the information. The next day, I got an email that they still needed me to verify my purchase. I called again and verified the purchase. Later that day, I got a call from someone who spoke so quickly I couldn't understand what they said. I called back and they said they needed to verify some information to complete my purchase. The representative took my information and hung up on me. Later that day, I received an email asking me to verify my purchase. I think this might actually be hell.

This review was modified by catscatscatscats on September 09 2016 05:16:31 PM

2016-09-09

Humiliated over store's intercom system

"Purchased an item on sale at store in Beavercreek, Ohio. Paid at self help line and notice item did not scan as discounted. Stop by customer service desk and was humiliated over store's income system when customer service rep announce price check on the item I purchased by saying "customer thinks item is on sale." Them I was handed over to another customer service rep who looked at me and just extended her arm out without saying anything. I guess she wanted my membership card. Wish she was able to express herself verbally.
This is not the first time I had a bad customer service experience. Like the store and products by their customer service ****!!!!!

2016-08-19

Never had a major problem

"I have been shopping with Sam's Club for the last 23 years and I've never had a extremely bad experience.
I have ordered products online and have them delivered to my door but I mostly shop in store because I don't like waiting for stuff that I have paid for I want to in my hands right now.
When I did order a brand-new namebrand laptop and a brand-new large screen flat panel TV and several other smaller items I had them all shipped to my house and there were on time with no damage and I was extremely satisfied.
As for the in club part of this I did have one bad experience when I had purchased another large screen TV I had asked for associate help to help me make up my mind which TV to purchase. After asking twice and waiting for 15 minutes no associate came up to help me but I did see associates walking around twiddling their thumbs.
I ended up picking out my TV and then I had to drag it in its box to the front registers then pay for the item and then drag it to the door where the lady checked my receipt, then as I exited the door I got right outside the building and the box fell over by that time I was highly upset I would say the real word besides upset but I'm sure they would filter it out. When I got to my expedition I was trying to load this huge box into the back by myself and as people watched me struggle it really pushed me over the top and when I finally got it loaded I turned around and walked back in the club and asked for the manager on duty.
When she arrived to speak with me I told her that I was highly upset and I was ready to blow my lid so she took me aside and let me go off yelling at her about the staff I told her how no associates came to help me how the cashier took my money but did not offer me carry out to help and then the cashier and the lady at the door watched me drag the TV out the door ! I even pointed out a couple of the employees I associated with.
She gave me a $25 gift card with apologies and told me it would be brought up in the morning meeting with the staff and management. Next day I went back and asked for the Club manager I asked him if he heard & he said yes he did, it was taken care of with the associates.

2016-08-08

Pathetic Online order delivery and even worse customer service

"For a company that charges you yearly for membership, you would think they would have a better service. These guys are absolutely pathetic with no regards to how much the consumer is suffering. They are clueless with your order details and will waste as much time as they can before they kind of try and throw everything up in the air citing a horrible policy that only helps them and screws their customers over.

I ordered furniture from them and after they missed their original delivery date, they kept pushing the dates out for 3 additional weeks. Every Monday they would tell me my order would be delivered Wednesday and on Wednesdays they would push it out to next Monday. After uncountable number of messages, calls to their delivery partners and their customer service, writing numerous emails, they told me that they lost my order. This in the middle of summer. They wasted 5 weeks and then canceled on me. Never have I ever seen such absolute disregard and horrible treatment of a consumer.

I wish I could give them zero or negative rating.

This review was modified by KumarAmit on August 08 2016 02:00:49 PM

2016-06-20

Sams Club Auctions

"I have purchased many items from many companies online. Sam's Club Auctions is the worst!
I bought a 50" television. I received it 10 days after purchase. It was shattered. The box had visible damage when I received it with markings on the area of damage as if it were noted that it was damaged yet still they shipped it to me. They had it picked up after spending 42 mins on the phone to arrange for the return as you may not return auction items to the local store.
It took 3 weeks for them to refund my money. (2 more 40 min. phone calls)
I figured perhaps I was unlucky with this transaction and I tried again.
I purchased another television via the Sam's Club Auction. Seven days later my new unopened television showed up shattered!
Same process, same aggravation. Still waiting for my refund.

This review was modified by Bmajor66 on June 20 2016 11:39:50 AM

2016-04-08

Disappointed with the Wixom, Michigan Sam's Club

"I've been a loyal Sam's Club member for over a decade. In December, the cashier talked me into paying $30some for the upgraded membership. She said I had nothing to lose. If I didn't save that amount, I could get a refund. She told me she thought my membership expired in August (turned out to be March). Since I didn't save that amount I asked for the refund at the service desk and wanted to renew at the regular membership rate. I was told that since my membership had expired a few days prior I was no longer eligible for a refund. That would have been nice to know up front! She also said I couldn't apply the savings that had accrued to the renewal since I hadn't had the upgraded membership for a full year. While I have enjoyed shopping at Sams, I will not be renewing my membership unless I get a refund of the $30+ I wasted based on their employee's recommendation. I sent an email to Sam's via their website and got an auto response saying they'd be in touch. It's been over a week and I've heard nothing, so I guess my satisfaction is not that important to them. I also have a Costco membership and will be doing more of my shopping there. "

This review was modified by Slyon on April 08 2016 09:44:25 AM

2015-12-16

"I had a very bad experience with ordering a product online with Sam's club. I ordered a package n December 4, 2015 and didn't receive my package until the end of the end month, Being a new member with this company I had higher expectations from them. My order was sitting in the trailer a week after it was placed and wasn't sent out until another week later from their carrier FedEx. I was not even brought update on any delays with my order. I am very highly disappointed with this company's online system as a new member. "

This review was modified by Meleakaj on December 16 2015 04:59:13 PM

2015-12-12

"Samsclub.com. Had to purchase my desired item online as their stores are to cheap to accept visa cc. So thought their website would be the way to go. Was sent a FedEx tracking number on dec. 3rd. Had GUARANTEED delivery by the 12th of Dec. For 8 days the tracking number did not work, it pulled up no information to see where the item was. The morning of the 12th information magically appeared on fedex, to find my GUARANTEED delivery is now 4 days late and will not arrive as promised. Had to speak to countless employees both on the phone and in store and not a single one of those morons could make it right. Just continued to make up lies and excuses to cover their incompetence. Avoid Sams Club at all costs shop elsewhere. "

This review was modified by Disappointedndsm on December 12 2015 07:21:14 AM

2015-11-22

"We bought some cheese (their brand 2 lb block) that ended up molding in the package. When we went to return it, they wouldn't give our money back because our membership had expired (earlier this month.). The cheese was not expired, but the vaccuum seal wasn't working anymore.

I think it's ridiculous that they wouldn't accept a return because my membership had expired. It's their cheese because no one else sells that brands.

This review was modified by Robbii86 on November 22 2015 01:30:44 PM

2015-10-07

"The service desk personnel are not trained adequately and are unable to renew memberships for businesses and get the employee names correct. This is very frustrating and time consuming as I as a business owner have to come in more than once to show proof of payment and the names of current employees. I actually paid this renewal in person in the store at the service deskand received a written receipt. However when some of the employees drove to the store to get new ID pictures they were told more members would have to be purchased and various other untrue comments.
This is unfortunately a consistent way of handling customer service and renewals on the part of my business at the Harbison location of Sams Club in Columbia SC
No one is able to assist on the telephone when I tried to resolve this issue on Oct 8, 2015
Mybusiness number is 803-796-8356 if someone can help me. (DR)

This review was modified by debbieroyer on October 07 2015 02:16:10 PM

2015-09-09

"NEVER BUY JEWELRY FROM SAMS'CLUB.COM!!!

I am invited to a wedding coming up in 2 weeks.I ordered a $5K+ necklace from Samsclub.com, It said that it was in stock, they payment went through.

some days later I received a cancellation email. They did not even have the courtesy of saying the cancellation reason in the email. I ordered another $5K necklace and called samesclub.com customer service right after the order. They confirmed that they have this one in the stock.

couple of days later, I received an email saying that I need to call them and confirm my address and information. I called and did that. They said I will receive it in 3-5 business days. Today, after wasting 2 weeks, I received a cancellation email once again.

Called and was informed that this one is also not in the stock!! very unprofessional! If you do not have something in stock, you should not have it as an available item.

They wasted 2 weeks of my time!!!NEVER BUY JEWELRY FROM SAMS'CLUB.COM

This review was modified by Partovi on September 10 2015 11:14:36 AM

2015-08-15

"One word. Costco. Been a Costco member for 10 years. never had an issue with customer service either in store or online. Moved to Rapid City in 2013 where there is no Costco and got a Sams Club membership. Product selection is not as good, in store service is meh... Fast forward to my first experience with Sams online. HORRIBLE. Ordered a product and canceled it within 48 hours... way prior to them shipping the product. Called them they said that it couldn't be cancelled as it had potentially shipped. I ordered on a Saturday night and canceled on Monday morning. I highly doubt the warehouse was moving much on Sunday... Spoke with a supervisor who "handled the problem and would credit my account". Three weeks later a trucking company called me to try to deliver the product that was canceled. It has been a full 5 weeks since the order was canceled and the credit has still not been issued. I have spent approximately two hours on calls (mostly on hold) with Sams to resolve. Never ever again."

This review was modified by cj216 on August 15 2015 10:07:46 AM

2015-08-15

"Just left the Sam's Club in Greensboro, NC and I am very upset about the way things were handled at that store. Purpose of going to the store was for this VIP sale going on today. I wanted to purchase 5 Fit bracelets that were on sale for $69.98. Walked in pulled 3 black tickets and 2 white tickets. Get to the register to pay and the sales rep explains they have no black left. I said ok I will take the two white. She goes to the manager Ken T to get the white and he tells her she can only have 1 because he just handed a ticket to another lady for the last one. Confused, because I had my ticket 30 minutes prior to her and was at the register paying for it. Ken T said there is nothing he could do. This makes no sense to have tickets out for an item that you don't have and for him to give that to her when I had mine first. The other lady obviously agreed because she brought me her ticket and said she didnt want it anymore. Needless to say neither one of us bought it. Train your managers better or let him go. There are people out there that understand the importance of customer service unlike Ken T."

This review was modified by armfrantlc on August 15 2015 05:55:24 AM

2015-08-03

"I placed an order online at Samsclub.com. They sent me an email asking me to call back to provide additional information. I called and the representative asked me to provide the address, DOB, SSN. My Date of Birth and SSN? Can't believe it. I told her to cancel my order and I'll buy the item somewhere else. Good luck with a system like that."

Share Sam's Club's store rating

Sam's Club is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sam's Club is not a merchant member
Sam's Club does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!