Stores > Sam's Club

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

2016-06-20

Sams Club Auctions

"I have purchased many items from many companies online. Sam's Club Auctions is the worst!
I bought a 50" television. I received it 10 days after purchase. It was shattered. The box had visible damage when I received it with markings on the area of damage as if it were noted that it was damaged yet still they shipped it to me. They had it picked up after spending 42 mins on the phone to arrange for the return as you may not return auction items to the local store.
It took 3 weeks for them to refund my money. (2 more 40 min. phone calls)
I figured perhaps I was unlucky with this transaction and I tried again.
I purchased another television via the Sam's Club Auction. Seven days later my new unopened television showed up shattered!
Same process, same aggravation. Still waiting for my refund.

This review was modified by Bmajor66 on June 20 2016 11:39:50 AM

2016-04-08

Disappointed with the Wixom, Michigan Sam's Club

"I've been a loyal Sam's Club member for over a decade. In December, the cashier talked me into paying $30some for the upgraded membership. She said I had nothing to lose. If I didn't save that amount, I could get a refund. She told me she thought my membership expired in August (turned out to be March). Since I didn't save that amount I asked for the refund at the service desk and wanted to renew at the regular membership rate. I was told that since my membership had expired a few days prior I was no longer eligible for a refund. That would have been nice to know up front! She also said I couldn't apply the savings that had accrued to the renewal since I hadn't had the upgraded membership for a full year. While I have enjoyed shopping at Sams, I will not be renewing my membership unless I get a refund of the $30+ I wasted based on their employee's recommendation. I sent an email to Sam's via their website and got an auto response saying they'd be in touch. It's been over a week and I've heard nothing, so I guess my satisfaction is not that important to them. I also have a Costco membership and will be doing more of my shopping there. "

This review was modified by Slyon on April 08 2016 09:44:25 AM

2015-12-16

"I had a very bad experience with ordering a product online with Sam's club. I ordered a package n December 4, 2015 and didn't receive my package until the end of the end month, Being a new member with this company I had higher expectations from them. My order was sitting in the trailer a week after it was placed and wasn't sent out until another week later from their carrier FedEx. I was not even brought update on any delays with my order. I am very highly disappointed with this company's online system as a new member. "

This review was modified by Meleakaj on December 16 2015 04:59:13 PM

2015-12-12

"Samsclub.com. Had to purchase my desired item online as their stores are to cheap to accept visa cc. So thought their website would be the way to go. Was sent a FedEx tracking number on dec. 3rd. Had GUARANTEED delivery by the 12th of Dec. For 8 days the tracking number did not work, it pulled up no information to see where the item was. The morning of the 12th information magically appeared on fedex, to find my GUARANTEED delivery is now 4 days late and will not arrive as promised. Had to speak to countless employees both on the phone and in store and not a single one of those morons could make it right. Just continued to make up lies and excuses to cover their incompetence. Avoid Sams Club at all costs shop elsewhere. "

This review was modified by Disappointedndsm on December 12 2015 07:21:14 AM

2015-11-22

"We bought some cheese (their brand 2 lb block) that ended up molding in the package. When we went to return it, they wouldn't give our money back because our membership had expired (earlier this month.). The cheese was not expired, but the vaccuum seal wasn't working anymore.

I think it's ridiculous that they wouldn't accept a return because my membership had expired. It's their cheese because no one else sells that brands.

This review was modified by Robbii86 on November 22 2015 01:30:44 PM

2015-10-07

"The service desk personnel are not trained adequately and are unable to renew memberships for businesses and get the employee names correct. This is very frustrating and time consuming as I as a business owner have to come in more than once to show proof of payment and the names of current employees. I actually paid this renewal in person in the store at the service deskand received a written receipt. However when some of the employees drove to the store to get new ID pictures they were told more members would have to be purchased and various other untrue comments.
This is unfortunately a consistent way of handling customer service and renewals on the part of my business at the Harbison location of Sams Club in Columbia SC
No one is able to assist on the telephone when I tried to resolve this issue on Oct 8, 2015
Mybusiness number is 803-796-8356 if someone can help me. (DR)

This review was modified by debbieroyer on October 07 2015 02:16:10 PM

2015-09-09

"NEVER BUY JEWELRY FROM SAMS'CLUB.COM!!!

I am invited to a wedding coming up in 2 weeks.I ordered a $5K+ necklace from Samsclub.com, It said that it was in stock, they payment went through.

some days later I received a cancellation email. They did not even have the courtesy of saying the cancellation reason in the email. I ordered another $5K necklace and called samesclub.com customer service right after the order. They confirmed that they have this one in the stock.

couple of days later, I received an email saying that I need to call them and confirm my address and information. I called and did that. They said I will receive it in 3-5 business days. Today, after wasting 2 weeks, I received a cancellation email once again.

Called and was informed that this one is also not in the stock!! very unprofessional! If you do not have something in stock, you should not have it as an available item.

They wasted 2 weeks of my time!!!NEVER BUY JEWELRY FROM SAMS'CLUB.COM

This review was modified by Partovi on September 10 2015 11:14:36 AM

2015-08-15

"One word. Costco. Been a Costco member for 10 years. never had an issue with customer service either in store or online. Moved to Rapid City in 2013 where there is no Costco and got a Sams Club membership. Product selection is not as good, in store service is meh... Fast forward to my first experience with Sams online. HORRIBLE. Ordered a product and canceled it within 48 hours... way prior to them shipping the product. Called them they said that it couldn't be cancelled as it had potentially shipped. I ordered on a Saturday night and canceled on Monday morning. I highly doubt the warehouse was moving much on Sunday... Spoke with a supervisor who "handled the problem and would credit my account". Three weeks later a trucking company called me to try to deliver the product that was canceled. It has been a full 5 weeks since the order was canceled and the credit has still not been issued. I have spent approximately two hours on calls (mostly on hold) with Sams to resolve. Never ever again."

This review was modified by cj216 on August 15 2015 10:07:46 AM

2015-08-15

"Just left the Sam's Club in Greensboro, NC and I am very upset about the way things were handled at that store. Purpose of going to the store was for this VIP sale going on today. I wanted to purchase 5 Fit bracelets that were on sale for $69.98. Walked in pulled 3 black tickets and 2 white tickets. Get to the register to pay and the sales rep explains they have no black left. I said ok I will take the two white. She goes to the manager Ken T to get the white and he tells her she can only have 1 because he just handed a ticket to another lady for the last one. Confused, because I had my ticket 30 minutes prior to her and was at the register paying for it. Ken T said there is nothing he could do. This makes no sense to have tickets out for an item that you don't have and for him to give that to her when I had mine first. The other lady obviously agreed because she brought me her ticket and said she didnt want it anymore. Needless to say neither one of us bought it. Train your managers better or let him go. There are people out there that understand the importance of customer service unlike Ken T."

This review was modified by armfrantlc on August 15 2015 05:55:24 AM

2015-08-03

"I placed an order online at Samsclub.com. They sent me an email asking me to call back to provide additional information. I called and the representative asked me to provide the address, DOB, SSN. My Date of Birth and SSN? Can't believe it. I told her to cancel my order and I'll buy the item somewhere else. Good luck with a system like that."

2015-06-02

"I was looking for a swim suit at Sams Club in Garland and could not seem to find one in my size. So therefore, I asked a young gentlemen, who was walking by, to check and see if they possibly have the swim suit in my size. He responded back saying that he does not know where to look, so then i asked politely if he could call the manager to see if there is anyone who is working in the clothes department for some help. He called his manager on the radio to see if there is anyone working on the floor and she replied back saying no and told him to assist us. The young gentlemen seemed upset and by looks of it, did not want to help me at all. Not having my needs satisfied, I left and went to a front-end manager, Jessica, to see if she could help me find the swim suit in my size, but without even looking nor scanning the merchandise, she said no and sat back in her chair chatting with the store manager instead of assisting me. This was by far the worst assistance I have EVER had."

This review was modified by jas1vir on June 02 2015 04:58:36 PM

2015-05-16

"Horrible customer service with sams club .com Ordered a gift-
fed ex lost it- they said they would send a replacement waited over a month- and manager offered me nothing but a refund, I will not use sams club .com again
Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!!!!!!

This review was modified by Marydc76 on May 16 2015 11:03:32 AM

2015-05-06

"Very very bad and unorganized delivery system :(
I always ordered for the office and every time I received the package either something is missing or is with breakage.
I have to call few times for missing items to get a credit or reorder.

This review was modified by Spring Creek on May 06 2015 07:49:26 AM

2015-04-21

"I am a plus member at Sams Club of Flint, Mi. I called them because I bought a hybrid grill from there my husband put it together and then notice the charcoal lid had a dent and scratch on and a part missing from it which caused it to close uneven it so I call and asked if i could bring the lid back and get a new lid they said yes when I got there the girl at the service desk ( Halley or Kalley) was rude from the start she took about a half hour just to find my purchase of the grill ( the whole time she was talking to co- workers and looking at everyone that came into the store )which i had also purchased an extended warranty for and then she finally got someone and they were to bring another box up after another 15-20 minutest they finally brought another box up and Halley opened the box and was going to give us the lid but my husband noticed that that lid was also damaged so I began speaking with Halley or Kalleye not sure of her name because her name tag was worn but she kept ignoring me and would only talk to my husband after some time of this I went to the service desk and asked for a supervisor which they sent over to us and when she got there I explained to her what was going on and Halley got angry and threw one of the part onto the box and said " I'm done helpling you" and the part fell onto the floor I then told the supervisor is this how she suppose to treat the customer this is what i have been putting up with her and that is the reason why your merchandise is damaged because the workers throw them. the supervisor said no and apologized and began to help us then all of a sudden a man comes out of no where and starts yelling at me and my husband saying " Whats going on here ?" i'm not damaging out a bunch of boxes and may husband told him that it's not our fault that the manufacturer packages the parts needed in different boxes my husband told the man which we later found out was named Jerry who had no identification card on him so that is why we didn't know who he was that he was only getting the parts need for the lid handle, rings for handle, smoke stack and spring. So to keep the situation from escalating any more because my husband by this time was very pissed off at Jerry for the way he approached us yelling my husband took the lid that they brought to us which turned out to be off of a floor model display. I am serioulsy considering returning everything we bought there in the the last two months back to them and getting my money back if some kind of action is not taken against these two employees and that amount is quite a bit because we bought mattresses, microwave,tv etc, I demand some kind of compensation and an apology from this store they owe to us after all these years of being a loyal customers."

2015-03-30

"Sam's,Woodruff Rd, Greenville SC. Found guest pass information online and at the door was directed to Customer Service. At Customer Service, I waited while 3 employees stood together talking among themselves while waiting for a supervisor to handle a purchase return question. Surely 3 employees were not needed to handle one issue, but they all stood waiting for the supervisor while the line grew longer and waiting customers grew more impatient. Several waiting customers complained to each other that this lack of customer service was common and that they were switching to Costco. After a very long wait, finally told by a rude, unfriendly employee that every store has it's own promotions and guest passes were not available at their store. Left and drove 30 minutes to the Easley SC store and was told to print information and come back with it. At this point, I was ready to give up, but went back the next day to the Easley store and more of the same rude, unhelpful customer service. As I stepped up to the desk, the desk employee did not even acknowledge or speak to me, only held out her hand for my printed information. Needless to say, my guest experience was so unpleasant that I will not be joining Sam's Club, as I had planned. I will drive farther for a Costco store membership. I have never experienced poorer treatment in a store, or seen SO MANY RUDE EMPLOYEES. What is even more appalling is that this behavior is evidently tolerated by management in 2 different stores. Since my experience, I have heard from numerous others that my experience is not uncommon."

This review was modified by Shondee1 on March 30 2015 11:06:00 AM

Share Sam's Club's store rating

Sam's Club is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sam's Club is not a merchant member
Sam's Club does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!