"I recently visited a Sally beauty in oshkosh on koeller street. I purchased a bottle of hair dye that I had never used before. I asked the sales lady if she had used the product before. She stated that she had and was happy with the outcome, that the only thing to watch for was if you have sensitive skin it might burn. I asked her if this was the only thing I needed to buy since the box seemed a little small. She said yes that was all I needed. I let her know I never used hair dye from Sally's before. Willing to try it, I purchased the dye. Everything was fine till I got home and opened the box to see the instructions on the inside of the box stayed that you needed an activator to mix the dye with. I made a call to the store they priced it out for me. A few days later I return preparing to buy the activator, no big deal just wondered why the sales lady who said had used it before didn't inform me of the additional purchase I needed. Well I walked in and spoke with a different sales clerk and explained what happened and when I told her that the other sales clerk failed to let me know that I needed to purchase extra supplies. And the sales lady replied, "it's not our job to tell you!" Omg I couldn't believe what just came out of her mouth, really not your job to let your customers know about the products that you sell and what the customer needs to buy in order to get everything needed! I just said whatever and got what I needed. She spent the next few minutes checking other people out and chit chatting with them in a happy mood. So different then when she dealt with me. She had an attitude with me and honestly wouldn't surprise me if she was racist. I am Hispanic and everyone in the store at the time was american including the sales clerk. Whatever the reason she was rude and I am very upset at how she treated me. Customer service is a complete zero in my opinion and I am willing to go elsewhere for my beauty products."

modified review This review was modified by Serious1976 on March 07 2014 02:50:07 PM

"The Worst!!!!Please don't ask for advice..the clerks are so not the persons to give ANY hair instructions or advice! They will tell you to buy the incorrect color and really mess up your hair.
When you go in to complain..after all..you went to ask an informed clerk about their products they are selling...they offer no condolences...no credit back..NOTHING!! All they say is well..I dont want to throw any of our clerks under the bus. SO..they wont help at all..and defend all their clerks..even though they give you WRONG adivce..and they even pick out the product for you!! PLEASE..BEWARE..these clerks should be working at the dollar store..not in a beauty store. ...because you turn out ugly!! SHAME ON YOU...Sallys...and shame on me for relying on you!!!

modified review This review was modified by debbiess on June 05 2013 06:04:26 PM

"I have ordered from sally beauty online 3 times and all three times i have had horrible service!!!!! Im done giving these people my money. The last time i ordered i got a completely different item that cost three times less than what i really ordered and when i called to tell them this they told me it would take a week after they received the wrong item they gave me, for me to get my money back!!!!!!! DONT ORDER FROM THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH MORONS, SUCKY SERVICE AND A GOOD MIGRAINE!!!!!!!!!"

"I have ordered from Sally several times. I received broken jars on numerous occasions. Sally's agreed to ship my broken items. However, the replacement jars were broken when they arrived. The item were packaged with very little protection yet again. Sally's also has promotions but many times the codes do not actually work. I will no longer shop at Sallybeauty.com. It is not worth the hassle."

"I bought my wife an ION Perpetual Heat Digital Flat iron from Sally's Beauty Supply for a Valentines gift and not even 5 weeks later my my woke me at about 5:30am crying and I asked her what was wrong and she said the flat iron had burnt her bangs off, I got up to take a look and sure enough the flat iron had melted to the point that the heating plates separated and in the sink was my wife's hair.
I called the distributor for ION and it is a brand made for Sally's as a store brand, well the person on the phone told me to take it back for either an exchange or a refund seeming not to care about the damages to my wife's hair and the same thing happened when we got to the store for the refund, the store manager acted as if it was no big deal and ask if we wanted to exchange it, I said no thanks I would like a refund.
I'm still in the process of getting a in touch with ION's Public Relations dept but no-one has returned my call so far.
After doing some research I have found others whom have had the same problem with this particular iron and I personally believe there should be a recall, I am an Electronics Technician by trade and this Iron seems to have a fault with it getting to hot to hold up with the cheap plastic it is made of.
If you're looking for a Flat Iron stay far away from this one and try to find a company to buy from that will actually care about you as an individual.
Hope this helps someone else keep from the nightmare of ruining their hair..

" Do not buy from Sally Beauty Supply, they have these promotions to give you gifts, they only ship one told u the other one is out of stock,never even let u know just ship the rest order out.never update your account,take half hr to reach a customer service,plus they are very rude.
bad company to deal with,stay away if u can!!

modified review This review was modified by binyang on December 10 2010 11:31:23 PM

"Do not buy from Sally Beauty Supply, they have these promotions to give you gifts, and do not ship to you after you made your order. The costumer service is bad. Will stay away from them!"

"I ordered hair dryer with several free promotional products but they sent only one promotional item except other two. They didn't send any notification for this. If the products are out of stock they should notify that to customer so customer can decide whether he/she keep the order or not.

Sally Beauty Supply is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sally Beauty Supply is not a merchant member
Sally Beauty Supply does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!