• Sally Beauty Su

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I absolutely am disappointed!! I went to dye my hair a lavender but!!! We bought the developer the hair dye and the bleach . Bleach came out fine but the hair color NO! they gave us the wrong developer that had peroxide in it and the hair color cant be used with peroxide .... Are you serious ! Like the staff should know these things about hair !!!! All the money we spent ($40) on hair supplies turned to being worthless because of the staff who should know their own job ! "

This review was modified by lexibug08212 on May 23 2015 11:31:38 PM

"I was at Sally's on Monday purchasing some hair treatments.Had several questions and before I checked out I asked the sales rep and her answer was, "those are too many questions" and "I don't know".

My hair got damaged and today I went to purchase hair extensions plus conditioner and other items. I was in my car when I realized the extensions didn't have hair clips. Went back to the store and I was told there was nothing to do that it was a final sale. I did not even have the opportunity to exchange them.

I was told that I should have asked question, that I should have known what I wanted. That I could speak with the manager next week. There's a high level of ignorance and intolerance in this store. I asked for the name of one employee, he decided to turn his back on me and walked away to then close the door on my face.

I turned around and on my way out he decided to come out of the back room and call the cops. I have everything recorded on my cellphone and will make sure that my awful experience is heard by the store manager and upper management.

When I left the store I decided to call the cops, but, this is a civil matter so there was nothing they could do.I am offended and NOT happy.

This review was modified by Kmi369 on April 16 2015 08:37:29 PM

"I purchased hair extensions from a Sally. I can not even begin to explain how disappointed I am with not the hair, but the lack of knowledge the Sally consultants have regarding this product. Sally did not have an exact match so consultant told me to color. I did, according to her instructions and they turned grey. I brought to my hair stylist to try and help and she was unsuccessful also. Hair was not taking color. Returned to store for help and what a night mare. The sales consultants were both clueless and sold me more product that did not work. I called store same day to talk to the one of the same consultants who assisted me and her reply was to buy another set of hair extensions. Are you kidding me!! I have over $137.00 and my time into this and she could not assist me in any solution. Told me to google it!
I feel this was the worst customer service I have ever received. Consultant didn't even offer to research their product for me instead told me to do it or buy another set.

"I had purchased a few items totaling $100 and then paid for a $5 membership card, which was to give discounts on products I purchase. I received my card and entered my membership number 4259080002078345. The checkout refused to acknowledge my discount card. I was logged in. I logged out and tried it several times. Deleted cookies and cache. Today is cyber Monday. I saw the 30% off with code 555122. I entered it, but that code was refused for items which were accepted on the list for this discount. Two strikes. I had to place the order today. I thought I could then quickly call Sally Beauty to have them apply the discounts. Guess what? They close at 6pm CST. Says so on their website. It is now 7:30pm, but the 30% discount sale goes to midnight. No way to change my order online. No way to contact customer service. Sally Beauty Supply has an enormous amount of incompetence in their online merchant services. If I were you, I would be worried about identity theft judging by the lack of working database online functions. "

"I recently visited a Sally beauty in oshkosh on koeller street. I purchased a bottle of hair dye that I had never used before. I asked the sales lady if she had used the product before. She stated that she had and was happy with the outcome, that the only thing to watch for was if you have sensitive skin it might burn. I asked her if this was the only thing I needed to buy since the box seemed a little small. She said yes that was all I needed. I let her know I never used hair dye from Sally's before. Willing to try it, I purchased the dye. Everything was fine till I got home and opened the box to see the instructions on the inside of the box stayed that you needed an activator to mix the dye with. I made a call to the store they priced it out for me. A few days later I return preparing to buy the activator, no big deal just wondered why the sales lady who said had used it before didn't inform me of the additional purchase I needed. Well I walked in and spoke with a different sales clerk and explained what happened and when I told her that the other sales clerk failed to let me know that I needed to purchase extra supplies. And the sales lady replied, "it's not our job to tell you!" Omg I couldn't believe what just came out of her mouth, really not your job to let your customers know about the products that you sell and what the customer needs to buy in order to get everything needed! I just said whatever and got what I needed. She spent the next few minutes checking other people out and chit chatting with them in a happy mood. So different then when she dealt with me. She had an attitude with me and honestly wouldn't surprise me if she was racist. I am Hispanic and everyone in the store at the time was american including the sales clerk. Whatever the reason she was rude and I am very upset at how she treated me. Customer service is a complete zero in my opinion and I am willing to go elsewhere for my beauty products."

This review was modified by Serious1976 on March 07 2014 02:50:07 PM

"The Worst!!!!Please don't ask for advice..the clerks are so not the persons to give ANY hair instructions or advice! They will tell you to buy the incorrect color and really mess up your hair.
When you go in to complain..after all..you went to ask an informed clerk about their products they are selling...they offer no condolences...no credit back..NOTHING!! All they say is well..I dont want to throw any of our clerks under the bus. SO..they wont help at all..and defend all their clerks..even though they give you WRONG adivce..and they even pick out the product for you!! PLEASE..BEWARE..these clerks should be working at the dollar store..not in a beauty store. ...because you turn out ugly!! SHAME ON YOU...Sallys...and shame on me for relying on you!!!

This review was modified by debbiess on June 05 2013 06:04:26 PM

"I have ordered from sally beauty online 3 times and all three times i have had horrible service!!!!! Im done giving these people my money. The last time i ordered i got a completely different item that cost three times less than what i really ordered and when i called to tell them this they told me it would take a week after they received the wrong item they gave me, for me to get my money back!!!!!!! DONT ORDER FROM THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH MORONS, SUCKY SERVICE AND A GOOD MIGRAINE!!!!!!!!!"

"I have ordered from Sally several times. I received broken jars on numerous occasions. Sally's agreed to ship my broken items. However, the replacement jars were broken when they arrived. The item were packaged with very little protection yet again. Sally's also has promotions but many times the codes do not actually work. I will no longer shop at Sallybeauty.com. It is not worth the hassle."

"I bought my wife an ION Perpetual Heat Digital Flat iron from Sally's Beauty Supply for a Valentines gift and not even 5 weeks later my my woke me at about 5:30am crying and I asked her what was wrong and she said the flat iron had burnt her bangs off, I got up to take a look and sure enough the flat iron had melted to the point that the heating plates separated and in the sink was my wife's hair.
I called the distributor for ION and it is a brand made for Sally's as a store brand, well the person on the phone told me to take it back for either an exchange or a refund seeming not to care about the damages to my wife's hair and the same thing happened when we got to the store for the refund, the store manager acted as if it was no big deal and ask if we wanted to exchange it, I said no thanks I would like a refund.
I'm still in the process of getting a in touch with ION's Public Relations dept but no-one has returned my call so far.
After doing some research I have found others whom have had the same problem with this particular iron and I personally believe there should be a recall, I am an Electronics Technician by trade and this Iron seems to have a fault with it getting to hot to hold up with the cheap plastic it is made of.
If you're looking for a Flat Iron stay far away from this one and try to find a company to buy from that will actually care about you as an individual.
Hope this helps someone else keep from the nightmare of ruining their hair..

" Do not buy from Sally Beauty Supply, they have these promotions to give you gifts, they only ship one told u the other one is out of stock,never even let u know just ship the rest order out.never update your account,take half hr to reach a customer service,plus they are very rude.
bad company to deal with,stay away if u can!!

This review was modified by binyang on December 10 2010 11:31:23 PM

"Do not buy from Sally Beauty Supply, they have these promotions to give you gifts, and do not ship to you after you made your order. The costumer service is bad. Will stay away from them!"

"I ordered hair dryer with several free promotional products but they sent only one promotional item except other two. They didn't send any notification for this. If the products are out of stock they should notify that to customer so customer can decide whether he/she keep the order or not.

Share Sally Beauty Supply's store rating

Sally Beauty Supply is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sally Beauty Supply is not a merchant member
Sally Beauty Supply does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!