Stores > SBG Sword Store

• SBG Sword Store

Product & services pricing Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

Stellar attention to customer service and satisfaction.

"With an industry that sells handmade items, things are bound to go pear shaped once in awhile. Swords that are mass produced in large quantities can have a plethora of issues and imperfections, and when mistakes are made, most of these types of industries will shrug their shoulders and say "sorry, nothing we can do."

Not Paul Southren at Sword Buyers Guide.

This man made sure that after things were not to my satisfaction, he stood up to the plate and came thru with great follow up, and follow thru. He went the extra mile, and even made sure the recompense itself was complete, and to my liking.

Paul doesn't ignore emails, and has a personable and professional approach to dealing with his clientele. A company that does so is rare, and imho, this one is well worth doing business with.

This review was modified by J.Hancock on June 18 2016 03:05:40 PM

Best Online Sword Store

"Firstly, I am not affiliated in any way with SBG, I write this review spontaneously because I think excellent service should be rewarded.

I bought a sword for my father and it was poorly tempered. This is not uncommon in a sword made in a traditional fashion. S6 or S7 shock steel etc is much better than traditional metals. The point was to buy a traditional sword. I include this info because the place that forges the sword is also excellent but the old techniques can fail and it is nobodies fault.

Paul Southran took this on personally and helped me through the whole affair with a complete reforge of the sword. This was despite me saying that I did not like conflict and would be happy with just a cheaper substitute sword if that made things a little easier.

I now have a complete remake which I just gifted to my father.

Needless to say I am still shocked that old traditional values in terms of customer service were provided by Paul and his team.

If you want to buy an online sword, my recommendation is you buy it from him.

This review was modified by RonaldXin on April 28 2016 10:01:47 PM

Above and beyond

"I ordered an item from the SBG store. The item itself was defective, having a warped shaft and poorly mounted head. Received quick refund, with free return shipping (unusual in this day and age).

Service was prompt and always courteous. Wonderful job to those at the SBG store

This review was modified by Afoo138 on January 15 2016 08:27:48 AM

Great Customer Service; actually care about the customer!!!

"All of my experiences with the SBG store have been fantastic. For example, I bought a Hanwei Raptor Wakizashi on the sale SBG had a while back, and it chipped on a water bottle. It turned out to be a heat treat defect, and even though they were sold out of the factory seconds, their customer service sent me a shipping label to send it back, and had a brand new wakizashi (not a factory second) sent to me from the manufacturer via 1 day priority mail, with no extra cost on my part. They have always been happy to answer any questions and address any issues we customers have within a matter of hours. They do their best to insure that we get the best sword for our money, and I really appreciate it. Keep up the great service Paul!!!"

San Jose. California

"Worst customer service ever! They'll answer a question quickly but when there is an issue with product you get ignored by all including PAUL SOUTHREN himself. What a joke he is. Once they have your money they don't care about you. I will never buy from them again and I strongly advise' buyer beware' . product was not worth the hassel...cheness tenchi ko katana w/ out bohi.saya didn't fit at all and I was told to buy my own repair supplies and then totally ignored when I ran into a problem because of a suggested fix by Paul Southren. Now my saya is splitting. They charge a restock fee as well or else I would have returned my whole order. So much for good customer service. And they won't post any reviews unless they're good ones..so be warned..all reviews are bogus and only make themselves look good..all bad reviews never get posted. "

This review was modified by D.mann on April 10 2015 10:28:17 AM

"Watch out with the Sword Buyers Guide store. I ordered (and paid in full over $500) in November 2014 for a sword and it still has not been delivered (now it is March, almost April 2015). No recourse on Paypal with a transaction this old. They ask you to wait until you cannot recover the funds on Paypal. I advise severe CAUTION!"

"Rarely have I ever been this impressed with a store, online or otherwise. Customer service is excellent! Paul replied to all of my questions within one day, and took the time to really answer them and not just send a canned response. My order arrived one week later and was exactly as described. I feel safer ordering from The Sword Buyers Guide than Amazon. The site is also filled with information to help you decide which sword is for you, and how to care for it after yoru purcase. Truly a top notch outfit!"

Share SBG Sword Store's store rating

SBG Sword Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SBG Sword Store is not a merchant member
SBG Sword Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!