RytherCamera Reviews - rythercamera.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.30/10 1,066 reviews

RytherCamera is a merchant member
RytherCamera participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.

All Customer Reviews (1,067)

"Ryther Camera sent my Canon 7d in two days with a remarkable price for a new camera. Very satisfied with customer service from Kevin. "

KristenConti's Avatar
Englewood, FL

"I purchases a Canon 5D Mark II from Ryther Camera in December of 2011.I also purchased a MackCam warranty.I was in the process of a move when my viewfinder was accidentally scratched and I had no access to my paperwork.I called Ryther and they took the time to find my order and resend what I needed to use my warranty.They were very kind and professional.I will buy another camera from them."

"This is my first time doing business with Ryther camera. The response was good, the sales people - Victor and Morris were very responsive and on the top of that I was surprised with the prices they offer. I bought a D800 camera and altogether after paying local ( Qatar) custom taxes it was still cheaper than other retailers.

I would recommend this to every one !
Thanks !

Deepak

( Doha - Qatar)

"They put me off a little at first, but then they made it right. They claimed my camera order would arrive in 2-2 1/2 weeks, but it took a shade over three. When I called about it the Customer Service people were great about it. They gave me a $30 store credit for my trouble! On the phone their people seemed really sincere and helpful. If they could move beyond the slow delivery time, they would be just about perfect. I really appreciated their pricing too."

"From Ryther I have bought Cameras & lenses, and this time it was a backpack. Steven helped me and made the buying process a pleasure. Ryther was competitive on the item price, and I selected the free shipping. Call Steven at Ryther. He will give you that personal attention you want, and make you feel like family."

"Fake store, fake prices, all feed back are negative"

modified review reply posted Mar-31-2014

rythercamera, RytherCamera rep has responded

“This customer is ordering for overseas and we require particular forms of payments and proper proof of ID; As far as we know we did not get any of this. We do apologize that this sale did not work out and we often do take international orders.

Any further questions, Please call me(Tom) directly @ 877-644-7593 x.102 / 908-290-0242 so I can better assist you.”

"Very pleased with my purchase. Steven was very helpful! The price was excellent and they offered free shipping. I will be sure to purchase from them again!"

"My son purchased his camera last March. He loved his camera and was using it for a course offered by his high school for photography that was to give him a college credit. Unfortunately, in September, his camera was stolen from him at school. I just found out yesterday and had asked him if he still had the paperwork that came with the camera. I wanted to go to the police (realizing that the probability of getting the camera back was not good because of the time frame), however I was unset that the school had not contacted the police right away.

I contacted RytherCamera today and wanted to see if it was possible to get the serial number so at least I could give that to the local police. The agent was so kind and immediately sent a copy to my son of his invoice so that I was able to get it to the police today and a copy to the school.

I have NEVER had anyone help me this fast and he was very professional and friendly.

My son graduates this May and heads to college in the fall and as he no longer has his camera I now know what I will be getting him for graduation and will DEFINITELY be ordering from Ryther again. Thank you so much!! Gayle Davison

Rating 8/104/5

"On February 22, I made a purchase through Ryther for which over $2,000 was taken out of my bank account. I ordered an item that was "in stock" at the time. The salesman was polite and helpful. On February 31st, I called Ryther to let them know I had not received any notification that my item had been shipped out, yet the money had been taken out of my bank account. A verbal apology was given and I received an Email Ryther gift certificate for $50. Today is March 10th (18 days since I paid for a camera) and I still have not received any notification of the "in stock" item having been shipped out. I own a business, and I understand that sometimes things don't go perfect. But I think it's safe to say that it's time to either refund my money or send me the product overnight delivery.

Today is April 15, 2014, and I would like to add that I did receive my product, in good condition with regard to packaging (within a week of my first review). I ordered a lot of extra components and all of those were shipped in good condition as well. I also received a gift certificate for $50 for the inconvenience that I experienced in the delayed shipment of my product, along with a call from the manager. As I mentioned, I am also a business owner, and I am very content that the manager took the time to call me and to rectify the problem of the late shipment. I have every intention of spending my $50 with Ryther camera, and will do business with them again. After a lengthy discussion with the manager, I do not anticipate any future problems. I am going to give Ryther the benefit of the doubt and change my two star rating to four stars for the good followup on the part of the management team at Ryther.

modified review reply posted Apr-13-2014

rythercamera, RytherCamera rep has responded

“We are working with our vendors to improve overall processing and shipping times.

Any further questions, please call Tom 908-290-0242.”

"Very professional service from sales to trading my old lenses. I will most definitely be a returning costumer.
Christopher Pennell
Cardinalis Photography
Nashville TN

"very good, fast, pleasant "

"Today was Good Friday for me thanks to my Common Sense Man! Not only did he shut up my big mouth wife.... He also got me the tv my family and I was wanting in a big way. The service was so great that I already told 13 co-workers of mine about this wonderful Common Sense Man before I even got the tv! Now that's what you call getting outstanding customer service. This is the first of many deals I plan on having with my good old boy Steve!!!

Thanks A Million Times Over

Leon Hull

"Beware, as these people misslead you. I bought a Nikon D800 and 24/70 lens because the price was very good (I should have suspected!) then they called to say that the merchandise was imported, of inferior quality and with no US warranty - so they convinced me to pay extra for the US official versions. They charged my card $3999 immediately, but three weeks later I have not received anything... only after repeated chasers they finally sent me a box with.... the imported versions! They did not return calls nor emails until I told them I was returning everything and instructing the credit card to reclaim it. Then just now the manager (Tom?) called me to explain the "misunderstanding" and he apologized though claimed it was still a very good deal and their warranty would cover any issues. That may or may not be true but I just lost confidence and I am returning everything - will post an update once I get fully refunded. Their prices are competitive but their commercial handling leaves a lot to be desired.

UPDATE March 18: I returned everything in their original package and they got it on March 10. However, they have not bothered to refund me yet! Legal actions are next, don't trust these people!

modified review reply posted Apr-13-2014

rythercamera, RytherCamera rep has responded

“Thanks for the feedback; We apologize that we could not meet your exception this time around. The distributor shipped the incorrect package and we offered a discount and offered to exchange immediately.

Again,we do apologize. Any further question, please don't hesitate, call and speak to Tom 908-290-0242.”

"I found Ryther Camera to be very attentive to me as a customer. The people I've worked with there are very knowledgable and are able to suggest sensible options allowing a greater value to the customer in purchasing photographic equipment. RytherCamera is extremely competitive in their prices. Doug"

"Ryther Camera appeared to me on the Amazon site. For the Canon 70D and the 18-135mm STM lens and included parts the price was the best by far. What I was initially looking at was the non-US camera (without the associated warrantee.) I was made aware of the difference when I ordered the camera and the salesman was very courteous and helpful to point me in the right direction. The US version is more money and is also listed in Ryder’s pricelist. I ordered both the camera and lens with the US warrantee. The bundles that were offered to me made good sense and the price was still the best. I was not in a hurry to get the products so waiting for delivery and not using a faster delivery method was what I wanted to further keep my costs in check. I feel I was dealt with fairly and courteously and am pleased with Ryther Camera. As for my new Canon camera and lens, I am also very pleased. I have registered both camera and lens with Canon and will order from Ryder again."