• Address: RYTHER CAMERA.426 N. WOOD AVELINDEN, NJ 07036
    • Contact: customerservice@rythercamera.com
    • Phone: 877-644-7593
    • Customer Support: 877-644-7593
    • Business Hours: Customer Service:MON - FRI11AM TO 5PM E.S.TSALES:SUN - MON10AM - 8PMFRIDAY10AM - 6
    • Fax: 908-933-0941

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I know this store has a quite a few negative reviews and I have to say, I had zero problems with RytherCamera. I purchased a Nikon D610 not knowing it was a direct import model without NikonUSA warranty (It was on their eBay page, I'm just blind)...But it was too late at the time of known to cancel the order, so I went with it. I ordered the camera on Thursday, August 7th and the following day (Friday) I got a phone call from I think Kyle and he just wanted to confirm that I ordered the camera and yes, he did try to sell me additional accessories and warranties. But I declined them and he wasn’t one bit rude at all and he understood that I just wanted the camera and that was it.

On Monday the 11th, Kyle called me again letting me know that the camera was shipped and should have it by the end of the week, cool. Got the tracking number a few hours later and it said it was going to be delivered tomorrow by UPS (Tuesday, the 12th) and sure enough I got the camera in a Nikon gold D610 box with all original accessories, no missing pieces. Came with an English manual and the camera was set to English. Battery was sealed in plastic...never been used. Everything about the camera was brand new like it came from the factory.

After doing my research about import models, they are no different from US models. They just don't have the NikonUSA warranty. The version I got was packed for Japan, heck that was fine with me as Nikon’s headquarters is in Japan anyways. The camera came with all USA compliment cables and charger. I think what they did was removed the Japanese white accessories box and put in a USA version box and added the USA manual and software CD.

Checked out the D610 USA version at Best Buy here in Vermont and they were EXACTLY the same the only biggest difference was the secondary language being Japanese instead of Spanish so I thought the firmware might be different from other D610s, Nope, exactly the same as US version.

So far, the camera has been working flawless...Nikon only provides warranty for a year for camera bodies anyways and RytherCamera (Deals All Year) matches the warranty coverage or I could ship to Japan and get it serviced (too costly)..At the end of the day I would ship it Kurt’s Camera in California. They been doing camera repairs forever and are quite reasonably priced.

I really love it and I'm happy with my purchase. Would I buy another import camera? No, I would stay with US version just for peace of mind, but I saved nearly $500 by getting this imported version over the US version and that right there is another lens.

As reminder when buying a lens is to buy local because Nikon’s warranty will cover the lens for 6 years if you buy the lens from your country. It’s worth the extra money.

Overall, I'm a satisfied customer.

modified review This review was modified by nerwin on August 13 2014 08:03:41 AM

"Never again. Bought a D7000 with a very dirty image sensor. Recently bought a 18-140mm lens and got a runaround on shipping, credit card, poor service when I called the store, after days of waiting for the lens I asked for an up grade to Fedex for $20 more and it came in a few days via USPS priority mail. It was not in a Nikon box, no bag, no registration, no hood. No tracking code. Poor unprofessional service overall."

"Well, here goes yet another poor review of Ryther Camera. I am giving it two stars because we did place our order, and we did receive emails confirming.

Our order was in the name of my wife. We ordered a Samsung UN60F8000 60" 3D TV, on 4/29/2014, as advertised for $1,894.00.

As stated before, we had already read some of the reviews that said they call you to "verify" the order, and they sure did. They tried selling us their "protection plan" (which we declined), and even got us to upgrade our shipping, on the premise that their advertised "free" shipping does not cover large TVs, and we had to use their "white glove" delivery ($200.00). That was fine. We figured we would still be getting a good deal so we went with it. We were told shipping on large TVs would be 7-9 business days, so we waited. I had my wife call today (5/14) for status on the order, given that the last communication was on 5/2 (when they called about the shipping).

Surprise, surprise. My wife calls, and when she references the order, Victor (the guy she talks to) says, "uh....we don't have it anymore...". My wife says: "What do you mean you don't have it?". "-We don't have that TV anymore.". Then she asked if they'd have more any time soon, to which his response was "not any time soon". My wife then asked for the order to be cancelled. He said he would send a cancellation email shortly after, which he did.

I want to be clear. We were not mistreated as a customer at any point.I understand that we may not be used to "northern manners". But our phone communications with customer service left us wondering about the professionalism of their staff (No "good morning, thanks for calling Ryther Camera", it was more like "....Hullo?").

My conclusion. We will not attempt to buy from this store again. I am thankful we do not share any of the more "horrid" stories from some of the reviews I see here, but, the fact remains we were misled, our time was wasted. When we placed our order, the TV was in-stock, and the whole process was treated as such. Least they could have done was to let us know it was out of stock much earlier.

I am hoping the cancellation we were given was final, and we are really done. There is really no benefit in continuing this for anyone.

"These guys are crooks. I ordered this camera. The details shows that the camera comes with battery, charger and other things. Those guys called me on Sunday and told me that the camera doesn't come with a charger and a battery or a warranty. When I mentioned to him that the website says otherwise he changed stories and said that the camera is a imported version and does not have English language, the battery and the charger are generic etc etc.....in short these guys are cheaters."

"Steve was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He was totally straightforward and honest about what he was selling, in marked contrast to a horrible experience I had with ABRitchie, AKA IBCart and other aliases- these other guys are charlatans. I have just placed my order, so cannot comment yet on the shipping process or policies on refunds or exchanges.
Moreover, he did not try to sell me accessories I did not want. VERY pleased with this deal so far!

David

"Great Prices, One on One service, quick answers,minimal wait time for cust service. Recommend Highly"

"For 2 months my Cannon Reble t3 been out of comission. For whatever reason I couldnt get it to turn on so I stopped by RytherCamera yesterday and the service they provided for my camera was excellent. For me not knowing anything mechanically about the camera they used termanology to where I felt like I could fix camera if I was to have the same problem again. For all my future business in references to photography hands down this is my store. I would have no problem recommending this store to anyone"

"Very good and courteous service.
Excellent pricing and choice of products.

"These guys are great! I don't usually write reviews but I felt I just had to say something this time. I had previously purchased a camera on-line from another company for a very low advertised price but after waiting three months to receive it, and hearing one excuse after another as to why it hadn't been shipped, and being told over and over that I could buy a more expensive camera if I didn't want to wait (this is called "bait and switch" which is illegal), I finally gave up and went to Ryther. I not only got the camera at a great price with free shipping and no tax, but when I complained that the free shipping might take too long (I'd already waited three months for delivery from the other company) I was given a $30.00 credit. Since I needed a second lens, I went back to the Ryther Camera site, found the lens I wanted at 53% off and bought it applying my store credit. It was shipped the next day and I couldn't be happier.

"received fast answers to my questions on shipment .very helpful answers,thanks "

"Ryther Camera sent my Canon 7d in two days with a remarkable price for a new camera. Very satisfied with customer service from Kevin. "

KristenConti's Avatar
Englewood, FL

"I purchases a Canon 5D Mark II from Ryther Camera in December of 2011.I also purchased a MackCam warranty.I was in the process of a move when my viewfinder was accidentally scratched and I had no access to my paperwork.I called Ryther and they took the time to find my order and resend what I needed to use my warranty.They were very kind and professional.I will buy another camera from them."

"This is my first time doing business with Ryther camera. The response was good, the sales people - Victor and Morris were very responsive and on the top of that I was surprised with the prices they offer. I bought a D800 camera and altogether after paying local ( Qatar) custom taxes it was still cheaper than other retailers.

I would recommend this to every one !
Thanks !

Deepak

( Doha - Qatar)

"They put me off a little at first, but then they made it right. They claimed my camera order would arrive in 2-2 1/2 weeks, but it took a shade over three. When I called about it the Customer Service people were great about it. They gave me a $30 store credit for my trouble! On the phone their people seemed really sincere and helpful. If they could move beyond the slow delivery time, they would be just about perfect. I really appreciated their pricing too."

"From Ryther I have bought Cameras & lenses, and this time it was a backpack. Steven helped me and made the buying process a pleasure. Ryther was competitive on the item price, and I selected the free shipping. Call Steven at Ryther. He will give you that personal attention you want, and make you feel like family."

RytherCamera is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RytherCamera is not a merchant member
RytherCamera does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!