Stores > Rural King

Customer service: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
2017-02-17

Wish they were closer!

"I have done business with RK and RKGuns for a few years now. I have been to a store and ordered online. I love going to the store but ordering online has always been quick and easy. My only complaint is I have to drive 45 miles to get to the nearest store. How about putting more stores in Southern Lower Michigan, RK? There are a lot of people here that would love to visit one of your stores but won't drive a long distance to get to one. RK has always gotten my online orders and shipped them quickly. The LED lights I ordered were here in 2 days and I was so impressed with them that I turned around and ordered more. Thanks for the fast service, RK, and I want to thank Kyle B. for the popcorn. It was pretty tasty."

This review was modified by dpdeere on February 17 2017 06:00:07 PM

2017-02-16

Excellent product, customer service & delivery, plus popcorn

"4' 3000 lumen shop light # 27100008.
Light is very bright, lightweight. Excellent packaging, double boxed. Came with wall plug, pull-string switch, mounting chain and even threaded eye-hooks Made in China. Fast delivery--ordered Sun, delivered Thurs. Free Shipping. Free popcorn.
Kyle B. is doing a great job.

This review was modified by greggfr on February 16 2017 04:15:01 PM

2017-02-10

HoustonRetired

"I found out about them on the internet. I bought some LED lights ....everything perfect......Then , I got their email sales notice, and found they actually had my size blue jeans for $8.99. I am a big guy, 6'8" and jeans are hard to find. I instantly bought two pair. They fit great. I will be a loyal customer from now on and I recommend them to everyone....Inside was a packet of popcorn and a nice letter.....great customer service....the products are fantastic. Why are you not buying something right now ??"

This review was modified by MikeBoswell on February 10 2017 12:15:02 PM

2017-01-30

LED Shoplight ordered From Ebay to Get Free Shipping

"I ordered the 4ft LED, 4500 Lumens shoplight off Ebay. The price was higher than on the website, but included free shipping, which saved me $5 over the website."

This review was modified by LeftyTom on January 30 2017 07:30:02 AM

2017-01-28

Maxx Dry Silent Boot and Shoe Dryer

"I recently ordered this product online. It was shipped immediately. The shipping was expensive, but worth it. I do not have a Rural King Store anywhere near me. This boot dryer works extremely well and it totally silent. I have no complaints whatsoever. Great product. It takes about 7 minutes to warm up to where you realize it is actually drying, so don't get impatient and think that it is broken. It is not. It has been a welcome life saver to our house!! Thank you so much. "

This review was modified by camimortensen on January 28 2017 06:00:02 PM

2017-01-03

Absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!

"Shipping charges are STEEP!!!! And, after placing an order of 11 items for Christmas gifts on November 28th, I received an email the next week saying there had been a glitch in the system and that I needed to call to reorder one of the sweatshirts. So I called and held on the phone for a good while during the process of making sure the sweatshirt was put back on my order. The next week or so I got part of my order with no problems. After Christmas I still had not received the other half of the order so I called and spent another 30 minutes on the phone talking with customer service after he initially wanted to argue. Several days later I finally received everything except one item. I do not want to call and hold on the phone for another 30 minutes for a $5 bag of puffed peppermints but it would be nice to get everything I ordered. Maybe they will send them to me by Christmas 2017 so I can use them to stuff stockings with them like I planned!!! I do not plan to ever order from them again even though the local store is super treacherous and slow most of the time. If you need anything from RK make sure you order at least 3 months in advance!!!! And be prepared for an UNPLEASANT HASSLE!!! "

2016-12-31

Horrible!

"After paying a small fortune for shipping, I called Rural King's customer service (stayed on hold for 28 minutes) only to be told the item I ordered (trampoline) was out of stock. I was never notified. After countless phone calls and emails, my item showed up over a month later. I was lied to by several employees and never received a response back."

This review was modified by Ajay7 on December 31 2016 02:24:09 PM

2016-12-22

Did not tell me items were not in stock

"I bought items for my nephews well before Christmas with the expectation that they would arrive well before then. It took me calling the week of Christmas to find out that the items were out of stock with no idea as to when the order would be fulfilled. They were polite in canceling my order which is the only reason this is not a 1 star review. I will never shop there again, of course. "

This review was modified by Matt5001 on December 22 2016 12:41:42 PM

2016-12-20

Happy Chickens and Owner

"I have backyard chickens and my water kept freezing in the cold temperatures. I ordered a a K&H Thermo Poultry Waterer on a Thursday, it was shipped on a Friday, and arrived on a Monday.
Outstanding service.

2016-12-19

RK GUN STORE 83 as FFL and Purchased AT RKGUNS.com

"I made the mistake of having my gun(s) shipped to a local rural king store always choose a FFL besides the rural kings store when ordering from the website www.rkguns.com

The issue was i had two seperate orders shipped to the local store a 22 and a busmaster AR .... took almost a month for them to ship that was just business i thought well i am a ccdw permit holder in KY so ive passed all background checks and the state of ky does this monthly to ensure all permit holders are still compliant thats more than most any other state does and if purchasing one gun at a time you can check on question 23 of the Form that info and enter the CCDW permit info and release the gun to the purchaser well not with rural king they told me at the store my permit didnt mean anything that they was going through the process of background check i said ok so now i set here delayed a week later so its going on five weeks after i made payment and i do not have my gun the 22 first and havent filled out the form yet for the AR because have to wait for the first one to clear since they arrived at different times to the store and wasnt put on the same FFL form for background check its a mess and i wont do this again they dont allow you to pick up your gun after 3 days law eaither even if your a CCDW permit holder they have to according to the gun barn manager receive a green proceed sale it will eventually be approved that is NOT my concern but the issue is waiting so long when they could have followed the process of the form and released to me already not the way to treat someone who has spent almost a thousand dollars with you and wanted to spend more and would have.... STORE IS WINCHESTER KY 83 where i shipped to and the guy dept manager is Keith just not the policy they should be following when the form is clear on the ways you can proceed with a sale only way i will order again is to choose a local FFL and may just become a FFL myself to help out in the community and its about day 7 on the NCIC check still waiting for the store to call me from the gun barn to let me know its ok to come get the firearm.... sad situation when they could have followed the directions on the form and made this easier.

This review was modified by jeffreyhampton on December 19 2016 10:07:05 AM

2016-12-15

Rural King was Great, but Cobra???

"I purchased a Cobra brand 9 band detector from Rural King and received it earlier than expected with no issues at all. When I tried to obtain more info from Cobra.com about the unit, that was a different story. It took over a week to get info back from them via email, and even then, the info was questionable. They indicated the Cobra Detector i purchased (Model ESR700) was not listed in their on line catalog, because it was a detector produced exclusively for Wal-Mart. I told them I bought it from Rural King, not Wal-Mart, and they had no idea how Rural King would have gotten the units.
If I had known prior to buying the unit, that it was not a standard Cobra model, I would not have purchased it. I do not like to buy the "one Offs" in the event you have issues. I suppose that is on me to do more research before buying in the future.
I must say that I do like the unit and it does seem to work quite well. I enjoy the features and feel I obtained it for a very reasonable price. I have purchased many Cobra Detectors and CB over the years, and have always found them to be solid units.

This review was modified by ramtoy2 on December 15 2016 08:08:58 PM

2016-12-14

Happy Child

"I ordered an Xtreme adventures RV set toy for my Great Nephew that I have been looking for. It is an RV Motor Home that looks just like poppy's "bus". I can't wait to see his eyes light up when he opens it on Christmas Eve. I am so thrilled that you had this product and shipped it to me so quickly. Thank you so much!"

2016-12-06

DO NOT BUY FROM RURAL KING!!! HUUUGE WASTE OF TIME

"Customer service is an afterthought. Bought an item with overnight shipping, item was never shipped. Called 2 different times and it still wasn't "processed". They did however ship me an item that isn't even listed on their website!?? Now they want me to take even more of my time and return the mystery item to them. I order from many places online, this has been by far the biggest waste of time I have ever experienced in online retail. i have had issues with other company's and they have gone out of their way to make sure I would be a returning customer and to compensate for wasting my time. RK customer service just seemed annoyed to have to deal with their own carelessness and mistakes. Never again, and I will do my best to inform as many people as possible to avoid this place.***Hilarious, as I'm typing this I received an email reply from the complaint I filed 4 DAYS AGO!!!*** It says it is being reviewed, sheesh, take your time!!!"

This review was modified by 21ayershunter21 on December 06 2016 06:53:24 AM

2016-11-08

ORDERED GIANT CHECKERS, THEY SENT A CAMO CHAIR!!

" I ordered the Giant backyard game of checkers for my sons birthday party this weekend and we were looking forward to receiving the package and what shows up on my doorstep, a giant camouflage chair. I doubled checked my order details and I purchased CHECKERS! Customer service Cleary did not care. Here it is Tuesday and the party is Saturday and all they said was to wait 3-5 business days for a response. They messed up and cant even offer to fix it right! First & last time ordering from this place. Such a disappointment "

This review was modified by Ortega1010 on November 08 2016 12:59:33 PM

2016-08-19

Don't place an online order

"Terrible company to do business with. I recieved my order missing one of the bearings I ordered. Called customer service and the lady argued that by the weight of the box I recieved both of them??? I think I'd know if I did. She offered to fill out a customer care report so in 3-5 business days someone will call me. Do yourself a favor and order direct from manufacture."

This review was modified by Bobbonus on August 19 2016 11:06:25 AM

Share Rural King's store rating

Rural King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rural King is not a merchant member
Rural King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!