Stores > Rural King

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.69/10 4.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Rural King by clicking a star below.
2017-05-23

Very Rude Customer Service

"Purchased an item for $207 and when returned in the original package (never unpackaged), my cost was $95, out of $207. That is almost 50% return cost to me. On top of that, Customer Service was extremely RUDE and it was their way or the highway.
Bottom line is I will NEVER purchase from them again and I would suggest you check out their 1 sided return policy before purchasing anything in the event you might have to return for any reason. I'm my experience's, any company I had a return to, I was treated very fairly and even offered something in return to keep my business. NOT THIS SHADY COMPANY. Buy the product elsewhere.

2017-05-06

Total lack of knowing how to run a business

"First off the Monticello, Indiana store is very dirty. Items are never priced correct. Purchased an animal cage one sign said 29.95 in one place another showed 24.95. I told the checker and she ask another check out clerk she just shrugged her shoulders and said " I don't know. Just charge him 25.95. Which was neither price. Gentleman in front of me told the girl what size and length of PVC pipe 3 by 10 feet. She found it and asked him inch and a half, 2 inch or 3 inch. I told his wife I go to Lafayette Home Depot or Lowes. Rather then come here except I needed that cage now. He said I go to Menards but I need this now."

2017-04-22

Great company

"have been doing business with RK for several years and have had nothing but great service and wonderful products,never had to send anything back or deal with customer service except when ordering. I HEARTLY recommend this company always shipped in a timely fashion and never the wrong product. Hope this wonderful service keeps up. Thanks. K."

2017-04-20

Worst customer service ever

"Ordered a 8 roller pump and they sent a 6 roller pump. Every phone call to them required up to a 15 minute wait. Finally, sent me a return label, but would not send out the replacement pump until they got their mis-shipment back. Had to call again and wait 15 minutes to get them to re-ship. Still waiting to get the pump after placing original order 2 weeks ago. Guess it will be fun trying to get my 12 per cent rebate that they offered online. They are totally understaffed. Will never order from them again."

2017-04-12

customer service ****

"I received a email stating my sprayer was SHIPPED but UPS didn't have anything on it but a label was made. I always been told if someone shipped something it was on the way to you, not we just printed a shipping label and no telling when your package would leave. UPS Shipping label is NOT SHIPPED item, until UPS stops by and pick it up. I tried to call customer service at 800-561-1752 and A COMPUTER kept telling me that I was at stage 3 and someone would answer in ONE MINUTE that ONE MINUTE happen. After ten minutes I hung up and called the nonfree number 724-620-2810 and a woman stated she couldn't help me but could transfer me to someone that could, I mention I would talk to a HUMAN and I did NOT want to chat with a computer, so she put me on HOLD after two minutes I hung up. I mat shop at rural king store but will never use their customer service and order anything from them again. I will order from Tractor Supply they care about their customers. Maybe my small order of a spray tank wasn't enough for them to worry about. There is to many other companies out there that would love to ship stuff to me. Tractor Supply or Agri Supply Co and others. Plus I can call their customer service and get a human fast and don't have to chat with a stupid computer "

2017-04-12

Terrible shipping time

"I ordered a sump pump on a Friday afternoon. It took 2 weeks for the unit to arrive at my door. That may have been acceptable in the 90's, but not today. There is absolutely no reason for anything to take 2 weeks to be shipped anywhere in the country."

2017-02-17

Wish they were closer!

"I have done business with RK and RKGuns for a few years now. I have been to a store and ordered online. I love going to the store but ordering online has always been quick and easy. My only complaint is I have to drive 45 miles to get to the nearest store. How about putting more stores in Southern Lower Michigan, RK? There are a lot of people here that would love to visit one of your stores but won't drive a long distance to get to one. RK has always gotten my online orders and shipped them quickly. The LED lights I ordered were here in 2 days and I was so impressed with them that I turned around and ordered more. Thanks for the fast service, RK, and I want to thank Kyle B. for the popcorn. It was pretty tasty."

2017-02-16

Excellent product, customer service & delivery, plus popcorn

"4' 3000 lumen shop light # 27100008.
Light is very bright, lightweight. Excellent packaging, double boxed. Came with wall plug, pull-string switch, mounting chain and even threaded eye-hooks Made in China. Fast delivery--ordered Sun, delivered Thurs. Free Shipping. Free popcorn.
Kyle B. is doing a great job.

2017-02-10

HoustonRetired

"I found out about them on the internet. I bought some LED lights ....everything perfect......Then , I got their email sales notice, and found they actually had my size blue jeans for $8.99. I am a big guy, 6'8" and jeans are hard to find. I instantly bought two pair. They fit great. I will be a loyal customer from now on and I recommend them to everyone....Inside was a packet of popcorn and a nice letter.....great customer service....the products are fantastic. Why are you not buying something right now ??"

2017-01-30

LED Shoplight ordered From Ebay to Get Free Shipping

"I ordered the 4ft LED, 4500 Lumens shoplight off Ebay. The price was higher than on the website, but included free shipping, which saved me $5 over the website."

2017-01-28

Maxx Dry Silent Boot and Shoe Dryer

"I recently ordered this product online. It was shipped immediately. The shipping was expensive, but worth it. I do not have a Rural King Store anywhere near me. This boot dryer works extremely well and it totally silent. I have no complaints whatsoever. Great product. It takes about 7 minutes to warm up to where you realize it is actually drying, so don't get impatient and think that it is broken. It is not. It has been a welcome life saver to our house!! Thank you so much. "

2017-01-03

Absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!

"Shipping charges are STEEP!!!! And, after placing an order of 11 items for Christmas gifts on November 28th, I received an email the next week saying there had been a glitch in the system and that I needed to call to reorder one of the sweatshirts. So I called and held on the phone for a good while during the process of making sure the sweatshirt was put back on my order. The next week or so I got part of my order with no problems. After Christmas I still had not received the other half of the order so I called and spent another 30 minutes on the phone talking with customer service after he initially wanted to argue. Several days later I finally received everything except one item. I do not want to call and hold on the phone for another 30 minutes for a $5 bag of puffed peppermints but it would be nice to get everything I ordered. Maybe they will send them to me by Christmas 2017 so I can use them to stuff stockings with them like I planned!!! I do not plan to ever order from them again even though the local store is super treacherous and slow most of the time. If you need anything from RK make sure you order at least 3 months in advance!!!! And be prepared for an UNPLEASANT HASSLE!!! "

2016-12-31

Horrible!

"After paying a small fortune for shipping, I called Rural King's customer service (stayed on hold for 28 minutes) only to be told the item I ordered (trampoline) was out of stock. I was never notified. After countless phone calls and emails, my item showed up over a month later. I was lied to by several employees and never received a response back."

2016-12-22

Did not tell me items were not in stock

"I bought items for my nephews well before Christmas with the expectation that they would arrive well before then. It took me calling the week of Christmas to find out that the items were out of stock with no idea as to when the order would be fulfilled. They were polite in canceling my order which is the only reason this is not a 1 star review. I will never shop there again, of course. "

2016-12-20

Happy Chickens and Owner

"I have backyard chickens and my water kept freezing in the cold temperatures. I ordered a a K&H Thermo Poultry Waterer on a Thursday, it was shipped on a Friday, and arrived on a Monday.
Outstanding service.

Share Rural King's store rating

Rural King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rural King is not a merchant member
Rural King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!