Stores > Rural King

Customer service: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
2017-01-03

Absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!

"Shipping charges are STEEP!!!! And, after placing an order of 11 items for Christmas gifts on November 28th, I received an email the next week saying there had been a glitch in the system and that I needed to call to reorder one of the sweatshirts. So I called and held on the phone for a good while during the process of making sure the sweatshirt was put back on my order. The next week or so I got part of my order with no problems. After Christmas I still had not received the other half of the order so I called and spent another 30 minutes on the phone talking with customer service after he initially wanted to argue. Several days later I finally received everything except one item. I do not want to call and hold on the phone for another 30 minutes for a $5 bag of puffed peppermints but it would be nice to get everything I ordered. Maybe they will send them to me by Christmas 2017 so I can use them to stuff stockings with them like I planned!!! I do not plan to ever order from them again even though the local store is super treacherous and slow most of the time. If you need anything from RK make sure you order at least 3 months in advance!!!! And be prepared for an UNPLEASANT HASSLE!!! "

2016-12-31

Horrible!

"After paying a small fortune for shipping, I called Rural King's customer service (stayed on hold for 28 minutes) only to be told the item I ordered (trampoline) was out of stock. I was never notified. After countless phone calls and emails, my item showed up over a month later. I was lied to by several employees and never received a response back."

This review was modified by Ajay7 on December 31 2016 02:24:09 PM

2016-12-22

Did not tell me items were not in stock

"I bought items for my nephews well before Christmas with the expectation that they would arrive well before then. It took me calling the week of Christmas to find out that the items were out of stock with no idea as to when the order would be fulfilled. They were polite in canceling my order which is the only reason this is not a 1 star review. I will never shop there again, of course. "

This review was modified by Matt5001 on December 22 2016 12:41:42 PM

2016-12-20

Happy Chickens and Owner

"I have backyard chickens and my water kept freezing in the cold temperatures. I ordered a a K&H Thermo Poultry Waterer on a Thursday, it was shipped on a Friday, and arrived on a Monday.
Outstanding service.

2016-12-19

RK GUN STORE 83 as FFL and Purchased AT RKGUNS.com

"I made the mistake of having my gun(s) shipped to a local rural king store always choose a FFL besides the rural kings store when ordering from the website www.rkguns.com

The issue was i had two seperate orders shipped to the local store a 22 and a busmaster AR .... took almost a month for them to ship that was just business i thought well i am a ccdw permit holder in KY so ive passed all background checks and the state of ky does this monthly to ensure all permit holders are still compliant thats more than most any other state does and if purchasing one gun at a time you can check on question 23 of the Form that info and enter the CCDW permit info and release the gun to the purchaser well not with rural king they told me at the store my permit didnt mean anything that they was going through the process of background check i said ok so now i set here delayed a week later so its going on five weeks after i made payment and i do not have my gun the 22 first and havent filled out the form yet for the AR because have to wait for the first one to clear since they arrived at different times to the store and wasnt put on the same FFL form for background check its a mess and i wont do this again they dont allow you to pick up your gun after 3 days law eaither even if your a CCDW permit holder they have to according to the gun barn manager receive a green proceed sale it will eventually be approved that is NOT my concern but the issue is waiting so long when they could have followed the process of the form and released to me already not the way to treat someone who has spent almost a thousand dollars with you and wanted to spend more and would have.... STORE IS WINCHESTER KY 83 where i shipped to and the guy dept manager is Keith just not the policy they should be following when the form is clear on the ways you can proceed with a sale only way i will order again is to choose a local FFL and may just become a FFL myself to help out in the community and its about day 7 on the NCIC check still waiting for the store to call me from the gun barn to let me know its ok to come get the firearm.... sad situation when they could have followed the directions on the form and made this easier.

This review was modified by jeffreyhampton on December 19 2016 10:07:05 AM

2016-12-15

Rural King was Great, but Cobra???

"I purchased a Cobra brand 9 band detector from Rural King and received it earlier than expected with no issues at all. When I tried to obtain more info from Cobra.com about the unit, that was a different story. It took over a week to get info back from them via email, and even then, the info was questionable. They indicated the Cobra Detector i purchased (Model ESR700) was not listed in their on line catalog, because it was a detector produced exclusively for Wal-Mart. I told them I bought it from Rural King, not Wal-Mart, and they had no idea how Rural King would have gotten the units.
If I had known prior to buying the unit, that it was not a standard Cobra model, I would not have purchased it. I do not like to buy the "one Offs" in the event you have issues. I suppose that is on me to do more research before buying in the future.
I must say that I do like the unit and it does seem to work quite well. I enjoy the features and feel I obtained it for a very reasonable price. I have purchased many Cobra Detectors and CB over the years, and have always found them to be solid units.

This review was modified by ramtoy2 on December 15 2016 08:08:58 PM

2016-12-14

Happy Child

"I ordered an Xtreme adventures RV set toy for my Great Nephew that I have been looking for. It is an RV Motor Home that looks just like poppy's "bus". I can't wait to see his eyes light up when he opens it on Christmas Eve. I am so thrilled that you had this product and shipped it to me so quickly. Thank you so much!"

2016-12-06

DO NOT BUY FROM RURAL KING!!! HUUUGE WASTE OF TIME

"Customer service is an afterthought. Bought an item with overnight shipping, item was never shipped. Called 2 different times and it still wasn't "processed". They did however ship me an item that isn't even listed on their website!?? Now they want me to take even more of my time and return the mystery item to them. I order from many places online, this has been by far the biggest waste of time I have ever experienced in online retail. i have had issues with other company's and they have gone out of their way to make sure I would be a returning customer and to compensate for wasting my time. RK customer service just seemed annoyed to have to deal with their own carelessness and mistakes. Never again, and I will do my best to inform as many people as possible to avoid this place.***Hilarious, as I'm typing this I received an email reply from the complaint I filed 4 DAYS AGO!!!*** It says it is being reviewed, sheesh, take your time!!!"

This review was modified by 21ayershunter21 on December 06 2016 06:53:24 AM

2016-11-08

ORDERED GIANT CHECKERS, THEY SENT A CAMO CHAIR!!

" I ordered the Giant backyard game of checkers for my sons birthday party this weekend and we were looking forward to receiving the package and what shows up on my doorstep, a giant camouflage chair. I doubled checked my order details and I purchased CHECKERS! Customer service Cleary did not care. Here it is Tuesday and the party is Saturday and all they said was to wait 3-5 business days for a response. They messed up and cant even offer to fix it right! First & last time ordering from this place. Such a disappointment "

This review was modified by Ortega1010 on November 08 2016 12:59:33 PM

2016-08-19

Don't place an online order

"Terrible company to do business with. I recieved my order missing one of the bearings I ordered. Called customer service and the lady argued that by the weight of the box I recieved both of them??? I think I'd know if I did. She offered to fill out a customer care report so in 3-5 business days someone will call me. Do yourself a favor and order direct from manufacture."

This review was modified by Bobbonus on August 19 2016 11:06:25 AM

2016-07-30

A Shopping Experience Fit for a King!

"Ordered a site to store order and they had it ready in no time! I ordered and they notified me quickly and had it waiting when i arrived at the store. The woman at the counter was friendly and even got some free popcorn for the ride home!

Thanks Rural King!

This review was modified by Justanothershopper126 on July 30 2016 09:26:23 AM

2016-07-13

Gotta love this place!

"I'm a 1st time shopper with Rural King and I ordered online. After shopping around online and price comparing, Rural King was the cheapest and they shipped and it was delivered right on schedule. The letter I received in my package was so professional and yet had a personal touch. I especially like the addition of the bag of popcorn, that is customer satisfaction at its greatest! So thanks to Rural King and I will be shopping with them again in the future!"

This review was modified by Kriswynn on July 13 2016 08:18:00 PM

2016-07-01

Rural King=Shopping Paradise!

"Who doesn't love Rural King, right?! When you walk through the doors you are greeted by a friendly smile offering you popcorn and a cup of coffee. The products are endless. From farming and gardening supplies to clothing, jewelry, and toys. They offer unique and interesting products you may not find anywhere else. Rural King has it all. I love shopping their website as well. I was on the hunt for a sturdy and durable chicken coop that was also affordable. I found it on ruralking.com and ordered it right away. I was able to check with my local store and have it delivered there. They held it for me at no additional cost and picking it up was a breeze. I will definitely continue to shop and trust Rural King. You just can't go wrong with them!"

This review was modified by elabella814 on July 07 2016 07:34:56 AM

2016-06-27

Rural King Rocks!

"I've shopped at Rural King both online and in stores for many years and it is my favorite place to shop. Their price are always lower than everyone else's and a lot of times that have things that you just can't find anywhere else. Shipping is always fast and reasonably priced or even free. I did have to return something once but it was my fault, not theirs. The process was easy and they didn't give me any hassle. Rural King is the first place I check for just about everything."

This review was modified by dcninja on June 27 2016 10:31:36 AM

2015-12-21

"Ordered Christmas presents on the 14th. Received an email a few days later asking me to verify account information. 20 minutes on hold to verify that yes, billing and mailing address were different. As of 12/21 order was still being processed. Customer service would not guarantee that I would receive order by 12/23. I will not use Rural King in the future. Now looking to source items for business and personal elsewhere from a company that can communicate and deliver in a timely manner. "

This review was modified by ejl6q1 on December 21 2015 12:15:45 PM

Share Rural King's store rating

Rural King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rural King is not a merchant member
Rural King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!