Stores > Ruby Lane

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-09-15

Miss-represented Jewelry

"I Purchased a jewelry set from the shop ANTIQUE CHARM from the Ruby Lane site. The set was advertised as Christian Dior unfortunately my mistake was not asking for photos of the trade mark because when I received the set it was not Christian Dior. I took it to a jeweler who identified the markings as Monet ( a 1970's cheap dress jewelry company ) and there were 2 broaches and a set of earrings which had were not of the Monet set but had similar colour stone and were actually Swarovski. So the seller had actually confused and mixed two different sets of jewelry and labeled them all Christian Dior.
The problem started when I asked for a refund based on the fact that they were miss - represented and not what I had believed I had purchased I received a reply from the seller telling me that because I purchased by lay-by " you won't be getting my money back." In addition to purchasing by lay-by I live in China so had the jewelry shipped to my mother's place in Australia and it was 2months after shipment when I arrived back in Australia to find the mistake with the jewelry , because of the time difference the seller accused me of tempering with the trademarks and changing them ( How I would do that I don't know ). I emailed Ruby Lane assistance sending the jewelers report and photos of the trademark on the back of the jewelry only to receive a courtesy reply but no assistance. Finally I took the Swarovski pieces for an evaluation and they were valued at more then I had paid for the set, the Monet pieces were worth nothing so their was a silver lining for me.
Regarding customer service from Ruby Lane they don't support customers. The customer service I received from Antique Charm was nothing short of rude her final email to me which she copied to Ruby Lane customer service stated that she apologized to Ruby Lane for her customer ( being me ) wasting their time with my complaint. I will never use Ruby Lane site again and I would never recommend Antique Charm they are rude and novice.

2016-05-15

Ruby Lane allows unscrupulous sellers hide their feed backs from potential buyers.

"Recently I purchased a cut glass bowl from Diamond Antiques of Bellingham, WA on Ruby Lane. The listing read "there are a few minor nicks to the sawtooth top rim, but no other damage." The item arrived with a 1/2" and 1/4" chip to the base. I asked the seller to cover return shipping, but was informed by the seller that "Ruby Lane has a clear Return Policy, which states you can return any item for any reason with three days of receiving, however the buyer is responsible for return shipping." Both Rubylane and Paypal verified that they both share this policy, even when items are misrepresented. Per Paypal, I mailed the item back to the seller in the same box it arrived in, and in the same condition along with tracking and insurance. When it arrived the seller suggested I broke the bowl. He wrote me "Although you received the Bowl in one piece, it was returned to me shattered. The box appeared in good condition, but the contents were in pieces." I wanted to leave a review on Rubylane, but Rubylane gives sellers the option of showing or hiding their shop's reviews. This explains why you can't find any reviews for Diamond Antiques. I have been an antique collector for over 30 years, and have spent the last 3 years on the board of directors of an International Club that promotes antiques. In all those years I have never once been accused of intentionally damaging something that I returned. Be cautious when buying from this shop. This is the worst experience I've ever had on the internet, and I hope no one else is treated this way again by this seller.

Ruby Lane sent me the following message when I asked about leaving a feed back for Diamond Antiques:

"Your review does not appear to violate our Terms Of Use or the Terms of the feedback provider which is hosted by TrustPilot.

However we do give shop owners the option to show or hide their shop reviews, and if the shop owner has chosen not to publish reviews on their shop pages, the review will only be seen by the shop owner and Ruby Lane staff."

2015-09-08

"I would choose 0 stars of possible - this site is run terribly and totally in favor for their sellers. A few are good, but so many I have dealt with are terrible, including Bird on a Wire Antiques.

Do yourself a favor and shop on site like Etsy or Ebay where buyers can leave full and unbiased feedback.

2015-08-04

"Delay in some communication at first, but once limks establshed, the transaction went very smoothly."

2015-06-12

"Great experience from searching for the item I wanted through purchase to delivery. Everything went perfectly and was quite fun. Looking forward to many more "shopping trips" through Ruby Lane. Thanks!"

2015-05-26

"My order didn't arrive first time, but second time it worked. Thanks to the seller's effort."

2015-05-21

"Fantastic seller with beautiful touches in packaging and handwritten items included with item. She cares and it shows. Very satisfied. "

2015-05-07

"excellent store with beautiful merchandise. I'm really pleased with the bohemian garnet ring. I intend to buy from them again. very fast email response in answer to my questions. pkg arrived very well wrapped in padding and tape but though it looked hard to open the tape pealed off easily, the ring was in a beautiful little gift box. it also included a beautiful postcard. I'm very glad I shopped there."

2015-05-03

"Transaction was very professionally handled. Would highly recommend this seller."

2015-05-01

"Vendor was extremely efficient. The entire transaction went very well."

2015-04-29

"I was searching for a replacement set of bohemian garnet earrings for my wife and found something perfect in Ruby Lane's collection. Thank you!"

2015-04-29

"I have never had a problem with any of the Ruby Lane vendors. Merchandise has always been what was expected. Delivery has always been timely. I will continue to shop with Ruby Lane."

2015-04-27

"Arrived on time and was packaged securely. Good shopping experience no complaints. "

2015-04-27

"I was very satisfied with my purchase"

2015-04-27

"Ruby Lane provides very quick service."

Share Ruby Lane's store rating

Ruby Lane is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Ruby Lane is not a merchant member
Ruby Lane does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!