"Poor return and exchange policy: only 7 days; Not willing to meet half-way"

"Quick delivery, would have been nice to receive an email confirmation of order (or receipt) in addition to notice of shipment."

"Great reseller, only issue was that I didn't get a conformation via email or anything, but did get a great tracking email and was able to track my package, also, could easily view the status of my order from their web page. Great prices too, will use Royal Computer for all my hardware purchases."

"Glad I checked this site before ordering from these clowns. I'm sure it saved me lots of grief. Thanks to all who raised the red flag!"

"I sent back a keyboard and mouse in June 2003 and have not received a credit back from the company.
Last email from company was on 8/4/03 stating they would inquire about my credit. I have tried multiple times to email everyone at Royal about this, but no one will respond and I still don't have my money back.

"royalcomputer.com is now owned by Paradigm Microsystems.

Whitey's post from 2001 is right. Wish I'd found resellerratings.com before ordering from this fraudulent company. goroyalpc.com, royalcomputer.com, miradex.com, and possibly utobia.com (although they have a different phone number, same address, maybe they just share the building).
My sob story: ordered a video card on April 20th, 2003 before it was released. (They bill credit cards immediately). When the video card was finaly released, I expected it to be shipped. I saw it on the shelf at Best Buy for approximately the same price I paid these chumps. Checking the website, my video card was listed as "out of stock" and my order still "processing". I called them up and had them cancel my order, they promised me a refund as the order was not yet shipped. Four months later, they have failed to make good on that promise. Dozens of phone calls were met with suspicion, dodges, and transfers to answering machines. on August 18th, Royal Computer, Inc. sold its website to Paradigm Microsystems, the customer service phone number was changed to Paradigm's, and the only way to contact them now is to throw your emails against a brick wall. And no, Paradigm didn't assume responsibility for orders made before the purchase. Guess who's left holding the bag?

"I ordered a Pioneer 106 DVDRW Drive, price was great(lowest I've seen). Recieved the package in 2 days, because of 2nd day Air. Everything works great. The only complaint was that I did not recieve a confirmation it was shipped and a tracking number, but overall I was statified with the order, unlike other people on here.

I would consider ordering from them again, hopefully keep getting the same good service.

"I ordered a small Flex ATX power supply from them before I read all the stories on here. It took them a while to get it here, but it arrived, nicely packed and works great. I ordered it on a Thurs, it didn't ship until the following Thurs, then took another week for UPS Ground (acceptable west coast to east coast)"

"I will NOT order from them again. I ordered a PSU that I thought was in stock. A week later, I had still received nothing from them and the order status had not changed. I called and found out it was out of stock and they had no date for shipment. I promptly cancelled and ordered elsewhere."

sm

"items on backorder over 60 days. cancelled order on 4/11 and RC promised a credit in 7 days. Still have not received credit as of 5/20, just keep getting excuses that their management is very busy!"

"I ordered a part I knew wasn't being manufactured anymore, but a few stores still stocked. Royal had the best price. My card was charged immediately, and when I checked the order status 5 days later, it was still not shipped. I called and got to a customer service person right away, and they said that they didn't stock the item. They cancelled my order and I am waiting on the refund (should post today or tomorrow). They were friendly enough, but I don't have time to waste on a company that can't keep their website up to date."

"Fast shipping. Good price on case. I'm a bit supprised at the lower rating of this company. "

"I tried to purchase a radeon 9500 pro from Royal. For 2 days, my order status did not change. When I called to ask why, I was told that the item was out of stock, even though nowhere on the website did it say this, and was never updated to reflect the change. For 3 days I was told that they would get it back in stock and ship the next day. I finally cancelled my order and I'm now waiting for a credit on my credit card. I don't really trust this company because of not being up front from the beginning."

"Ordered on 2/5/03 and FINALLY received an "item shipped" email on 2/13/03 that it'll arrivate on 2/19/03. You know, it's not that I'm unforgiving, on the contrary, I'm a very patient person. It's the fact that I received NO word such as "we're out of stock, it'll be a week before we can get it shipped", or something to that effect. If they had at least had the courtesy to let me know that there would be a delay, and would I like to cancel my order BEFORE they charged my card, they probably could have kept a new customer. As it is, they've burned me and I don't forget things like that. As a result, what could have been a long-term business relationship turned into a one-time order. Sometimes it's just a bad idea to offend I.T. consultants when they could otherwise roll you out."

"!!!DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! i ordered an external usb 2.0 cdrw and it worked for about a minute. even internal it wouldn't even read a disc. i emailed and called a couple days before the 15 day cut-off on the terrible return policy and they wouldn't return my call or email with an RMA until after the return period was over. not to mention the defective product. there are plenty of other great companies out there listed on pricewatch.com and this isn't one of them. beware! they would sure be a lot smarter if they had good service and return policy because people would buy from them in the future. also, this is the same company as MIRADEX."

Royal Computer, Inc. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Royal Computer, Inc. is not a merchant member
Royal Computer, Inc. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!