Stores > Rove Concepts

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.67/10 7.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.69/10 7.69/10
Voice your opinion! Review Rove Concepts by clicking a star below.
2017-05-16

Good quality furniture

"Purchased Oval Marble Tulip Table recently. The quality was really good and I am generally happy with it and it was exactly the same what I’ve seen on their website. Their customer service is great; they informed us when will be our item to be delivered. They delivered it on the day they promised. If you’re looking for good quality furniture thru- online, I will recommend to shop at Rove Concepts. "

2017-05-03

Horrible Customer Service

"I would give this company zero stars if I could. Their customer service is absolutely horrible.

We purchased a media console to be delivered to our house. About 10 days or so later they called to schedule a weekday delivery between 11-3pm by CEVA delivering service. I took off work in order to be home for the delivery.

As the hours passed, CEVA never showed up, nor did they call to inform me they're not coming. 5:30pm can around and I contacted Rove. They had no idea what was going on and had to call CEVA. A few hours later I get an email saying they had incorrectly entered my zip code so CEVA will call me in a week to reschedule.

Keep in mind I've been waiting for this for almost 2 weeks already. So I took off another day from work for the second attempt of delivery.

The media console finally arrived except it was DAMAGED!! See photos. I called customer service to see what my options were and was told by James in Claims Dept they will ship a new one and to dispose the damaged piece.

The media console is about 250lbs and over 6 feet long. Unless I hire movers and rent a truck, it is impossible for me to even move it. I communicated this to James to see if they can reimburse me the shipping cost ($89) for the inconvenience and if they could just pick up the damaged console when they deliver the replacement.

They responded that unless I upgrade to white glove for $179, then they will not be able to pick up the damaged piece when they deliver the new one. They also refused to refund the shipping cost.

So I basically paid $89 shipping for a damaged media console that I am now responsible for finding a way to dispose.

At this point, I'm so disgusted with their lack of customer service I no longer want the replacement. I wasn't able to get my shipping cost refunded but just wanted to make others aware of this incident. There are so many other reputable furniture companies out there with excellent customer service. Unfortunately, Rove is not one of them.

2017-05-01

Worst purchase and experience.

"Rove Concept refused to give me a full refund after my table was damaged while it was in their possession. They did not clarify. Instead they decided to just send me another table without my knowledge or consent. This delayed the arrival of my order and forced me to host my housewarming without my dining table. When I called to cancel my order, their staff informed me that if I cancel the order, I will not get back my shipping cost, which was around 100 dollars. I did not understand how I was getting penalized when I was not the person who damaged the table. Customer service was very cold and demeaning. I truly felt like I was forced into buying an expensive piece of furniture from a company that did not value their customers. After receiving the table way past the advertised time frame, I am truly disappointed in the quality of the marble. Seems to have tiny cracks and dents on the surface of the marble. This is unacceptable for a table that costs over $2,300. All in all after purchasing this table and being very stressed throughout the process I do not recommend buying any furniture from Rove Concept. "

2017-04-11

First time buying online experience - Excellent

"It’s my first time to buy furniture at online without physically it. When my item arrived, I’m so happy with it; it is exactly what I’ve seen online. The quality of their dining and sofa is by far better than anything I’ve seen in the furniture shop and price is very low. I didn’t go wrong to buy with them. No delays. Deliver it on time, as promised. Pleasant and helpful delivery men; helped me to arrange and put everything in the exact place. I will certainly recommend Rove Concepts to others.

I loved my Marcus Dining Table and Sophia Sectional Sofa. Thanks… Rove Concepts! I will purchase again.

2017-04-07

Highly Recommended

"Excellent Sofa! It fits nicely in our living room. The delivery was on the day required. Great service. Very competitive in price and Excellent quality product. Very comfortable to sit on, Super Comfy. No hesitation to recommend them and definitely purchased again. "

2017-04-04

Excellent

"Excellent Furniture Online Shop. It’s easy to order on their website. – No hassle; they quickly process your order. My items delivered without any hitches. Received it in pristine condition. The delivery team were very friendly and helpful despite having to carry heavy pieces of furniture. I am thrilled with my new bedroom and sofa. The products were good value for money. "

2017-03-29

Buyer Beware

"I will never order from this place again. Buyer beware. The shipping tracking link provided to me estimated a date of 3/23. After speaking with one of your representatives, I understand this was an “estimate” I called CEVA on the 22nd to confirm if they were coming on the 23rd. They said they would not be able to because the truck had not arrived. In that same phone call, CEVA confirmed that the sofa would need to be delivered on 3/25, which was a Saturday. I explained to the CEVA rep that I would change around my current travel plans, but that because the following week was completely booked for me that I would need the item as promised. She said not to worry and the drivers would be here between 9AM and 1PM on Saturday 3/25. At around 9:30 on Saturday the CEVA rep called and explained that they would not be delivering today because my item had not taken off of the truck yet. I explained that I was promised the item and adjusted my travel schedule (which costed me money) I asked for a supervisor she said that she could not let me speak to one because they were not available. To sum Saturday up, there was no excuse. CEVA then called me on Sunday 3/26 to reschedule delivery on 3/27. I explained to them that once again, this day didn’t work for me, but I would arrange for someone to receive the delivery. The CEVA representative confirmed the driver would be there between 9AM - 1PM. At approximately 10AM on 3/27 CEVA called to say that once again they would not be delivering the item. I pleaded with them as this time I actually paid someone to wait for the delivery. She explained a supervisor would call me back, the supervisor called me back and said she was looking for a driver. That afternoon someone from CEVA called and explained that a truck carrying my item for delivery had been in an accident and they were attempting to switch it to another truck. After hours of waiting, I called back only for the representative that I spoke with this time to tell me she was unaware of their drivers being involved in any accident. I then called Rove concepts to get some support I explained all of the above, the rep said she would return my call and never did. The sofa showed up this morning 3/28 with used parts. This was a customer service failure. Whether a third party or as a direct result, they represent Rove Concepts, so in turn Rove Concepts is responsible. After sending a lengthy email of what's above they still refused to give me my shipping charge back and offered me a $50 store credit that could only be used on furniture. Although the shipping company was a 3rd party company, they certainly made it clear that they represent Rove Concepts. in addition, below are pics of USED pieces that came with my supposed NEW sofa. One piece had already rusted the others banged and dented up in addition to the pet hair and lint that was attached to these pieces. I'm hoping they at least be nice enough to replace these. "

2017-03-23

Price is very cheaper than others

"You cannot beat their prices. I found the sofa I wanted at Rove Concepts, in just a cheaper than any online stores.
I'm super happy with my purchase and I want to encourage everyone to get their favorite furniture at Rove Concept in just a cheaper price. And I'm sure you'll not be disappointed because the product they have is on high and good quality. I love my Milo Modular Sectional Sofa.

2017-03-16

"I really had a great experience shopping online at Rove Concepts. I’m so shocked with awesome furniture pieces that I saw on their website which is ridiculously cheap, so I didn’t hesitate to buy furniture with them. Customer service is very friendly; they answered all of my pestering questions. I’ve purchased Oval Tulip Table Calacatta and Sandro Hugo Sectional.

Delivery guys were great; very friendly and careful with my items as they put in my house.
Nice Dining and Sofa, Great Price as well. I highly recommend to shop online at Rove Concept for your furniture needs.

2017-03-01

Beware! Rove Concepts does not honour their 5-year warranty!

"On January 30, 2016, I purchased eight DCW Eames reproduction dining room chairs from Rove Concepts. The chairs come with a 5-year warranty for repairs or replacement (if they cannot be repaired). The chairs were delivered March 11, 2016, so are just under a year old at the time of writing. One of the chairs broke on February 2, 2017 - the wood splintered where the seat and legs are connected. As stipulated in their Warranty, I sent pictures to Rove Concepts through their online Claims Report interface. James McKenzie, Claims Coordinator, responded to my claim and said they had a few chairs in stock an would send a replacement chair to me after I paid the $50 shipping cost, per their Warranty. No problem. (Rove Limited Warranty can be accessed at https://www.roveconcepts.com/help?col-trig=groupfaq-link-menu - then click on Store Policy and Rove Limited Warranty). In his email, James also said that if I had any other questions, he would be happy to help.

I did have questions about the reliability of the other seven chairs. The chair that failed had started to make small cracking sounds when used, and four of the other chairs are making the same sound. I asked James if this meant the other chairs were going to have the same fate and, if so, what I could do to prevent it. This was an especially important question for me because Rove Concepts recently stopped selling the chairs. I also wanted to know what they would do if another
chair (or chairs) breaks? Since they only had a few in stock shortly after they stopped selling the chair, then it would be very unlikely they will have any chairs in stock as time goes by. This was and is a concern for me because I really don't want to have mismatched dining chairs. After a number of back and forth email messages, I became increasingly less confident that Rove Concepts really does stand behind their products, and I really began to doubt that quality is as highly important as they purport on their website.
I finally gave up trying to get straight answers from James to preserve the other 7/8th of my purchase and simply asked James if I could pay the shipping for the replacement chair by PayPal rather than attaching a form to an email with my name, address, charge card number, etc. as they requested (it didn't seem safe to me and they do accept PayPal as a payment option when you purchase something online, so I thought it was a legit question). I guess James didn't like all
my questions and lack of confidence in his answers because he responded that he made a mistake and didn't have any of the chairs in stock after all and I would have to take a store credit. I reminded James that a store credit was not one of the resolutions mentioned in the warranty, and he basically told me that since the chair couldn't be repaired and they didn't have any to replace it, I had to take it or leave it. I believe James still has some DCW chairs in stock and/or is able to get one easily enough - they still sell a lounge model of the chair that is virtually the same but has slightly shorter legs. I believe James is ticked off with my wanting some assurances about the other chairs and is now refusing to honour their posted Warranty because of it.
In follow-up correspondence after doing considerable research, I gave Rove Concepts a list of 8 distributors in China who sell the chair (on their website, the owners mention they went to China at least 23 times in 2016) to show them that they could get the chair if honouring their Warranty was something they actually wanted to do. I also pointed out that a store credit is of no value to me because I am not in the market for more furniture and will not be for the foreseeable future (and there's nothing on their site that I want to purchase, in any case). Also, a store credit doesn't solve my missing dining chair problem, but it does keep the money in Rove Concepts' pocket. I also did a search about Warranty and Guarantee laws in Canada and, according to the Government of Canada Competition Act, the company can be fined for not honouring their Warranty (http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/00525.html).
Before you are fooled by Rove Concepts’ website and promises, do a search on the Better Business Bureau website, on Ripoff Report, and other rating sites (not Rove Concepts website, though - they vet the reviews that are posted and, other than a few slightly non-glowing reviews that they've allowed to make them look authentic, they mostly only allow reviews in their favour to be posted).

2017-02-28

Bad delivery experience

"I haven't actually received my table yet. I ordered it beginning of February. I contacted rove and they told me call Pilot which is their delivery company. So I called Pilot to see what was going on as its been 5 days since its been saying the item is waiting to be picked up. Pilot said that they never got the item and I would have received it that day. Eventually they blamed in on "bad road conditions" which i can say i just think theres miscommunication or no sync on both of the companies. So i lost 5 days for it to get picked up. Then the customer service told me actually i have 7 - 14 days for delivery so i should be patient. Fine. so i waited. I got no notification that the item arrived at the local location. So i called on my own. They told me to its been scheduled for delivery today between 9 - 2pm and will call 30 mins before arrival. Never got that call or the item.

Honestly I never felt so confused at their whole delivery service. I wish it was different cause i like their design i just dont know what its like cause i never got it.

It would've been a less painful experience if they A) improved the syncing between their companies. B) compensated by providing discounts or additional benefits C) less of customer service attitude of telling me that i am not being patient enough and taking on the responsibility that it was their fault.

2017-02-21

Happy & Satisfied with the product and service.

"I'm so glad that friend of mine recommend me Rove Concepts to buy furnitures. I'm so happy to be a customer. I've finally found what I wanted for furniture. The sofa and bedroom I bought from them are very modern and on high quality. They have also excellent customer service very quick to respond and accommodating. Overall, happy & satisfied."

2017-02-19

Happy with my purchase

"I found amazing furniture at Rove Concept online and I’m very interested in it. I was very pleased to buy their sofa and dining table set at the nice price, with high-quality exquisite materials and it’s very useful to us. The delivery was on time and my order arrived safely without any issues. I’m so happy with my purchase and will definitely encourage everyone to buy furniture at Rove Concepts for their home."

2017-02-15

One of my favorite shops to buy good quality furniture

"Rove Concept is one of my favourite furniture shop at Vancouver. Love the design, style and the quality at a great value price. It’s a must stop furniture shop if you’re looking for a high-end quality furnitures."

2017-02-09

Best Company to buy furnitures

"This is the best furniture showroom to stop by. The service, products and the showroom are nothing but the best. Communication with their sales was great; they helped you to find what you are looking for furniture. They really have my best interest at heart & provide good quality service. I’m thrilled that they get the exact furniture that I was looking for. This business is totally consistent with their passion to create and produce the best quality furniture possibly at a fair price.

This company cares about customer satisfaction and I would definitely be a loyal customer here forever.

Share Rove Concepts's store rating

Rove Concepts is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Rove Concepts is a merchant member
Rove Concepts participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,407 merchant members.