Stores > Rove Concepts

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.92/10 6.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.92/10 6.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Rove Concepts by clicking a star below.
2017-03-23

Price is very cheaper than others

"You cannot beat their prices. I found the sofa I wanted at Rove Concepts, in just a cheaper than any online stores.
I'm super happy with my purchase and I want to encourage everyone to get their favorite furniture at Rove Concept in just a cheaper price. And I'm sure you'll not be disappointed because the product they have is on high and good quality. I love my Milo Modular Sectional Sofa.

This review was modified by Sonia Bride on March 28 2017 12:00:10 AM

2017-03-16

"I really had a great experience shopping online at Rove Concepts. I’m so shocked with awesome furniture pieces that I saw on their website which is ridiculously cheap, so I didn’t hesitate to buy furniture with them. Customer service is very friendly; they answered all of my pestering questions. I’ve purchased Oval Tulip Table Calacatta and Sandro Hugo Sectional.

Delivery guys were great; very friendly and careful with my items as they put in my house.
Nice Dining and Sofa, Great Price as well. I highly recommend to shop online at Rove Concept for your furniture needs.

This review was modified by TracieStein on March 21 2017 12:00:08 AM

2017-03-01

Beware! Rove Concepts does not honour their 5-year warranty!

"On January 30, 2016, I purchased eight DCW Eames reproduction dining room chairs from Rove Concepts. The chairs come with a 5-year warranty for repairs or replacement (if they cannot be repaired). The chairs were delivered March 11, 2016, so are just under a year old at the time of writing. One of the chairs broke on February 2, 2017 - the wood splintered where the seat and legs are connected. As stipulated in their Warranty, I sent pictures to Rove Concepts through their online Claims Report interface. James McKenzie, Claims Coordinator, responded to my claim and said they had a few chairs in stock an would send a replacement chair to me after I paid the $50 shipping cost, per their Warranty. No problem. (Rove Limited Warranty can be accessed at https://www.roveconcepts.com/help?col-trig=groupfaq-link-menu - then click on Store Policy and Rove Limited Warranty). In his email, James also said that if I had any other questions, he would be happy to help.

I did have questions about the reliability of the other seven chairs. The chair that failed had started to make small cracking sounds when used, and four of the other chairs are making the same sound. I asked James if this meant the other chairs were going to have the same fate and, if so, what I could do to prevent it. This was an especially important question for me because Rove Concepts recently stopped selling the chairs. I also wanted to know what they would do if another
chair (or chairs) breaks? Since they only had a few in stock shortly after they stopped selling the chair, then it would be very unlikely they will have any chairs in stock as time goes by. This was and is a concern for me because I really don't want to have mismatched dining chairs. After a number of back and forth email messages, I became increasingly less confident that Rove Concepts really does stand behind their products, and I really began to doubt that quality is as highly important as they purport on their website.
I finally gave up trying to get straight answers from James to preserve the other 7/8th of my purchase and simply asked James if I could pay the shipping for the replacement chair by PayPal rather than attaching a form to an email with my name, address, charge card number, etc. as they requested (it didn't seem safe to me and they do accept PayPal as a payment option when you purchase something online, so I thought it was a legit question). I guess James didn't like all
my questions and lack of confidence in his answers because he responded that he made a mistake and didn't have any of the chairs in stock after all and I would have to take a store credit. I reminded James that a store credit was not one of the resolutions mentioned in the warranty, and he basically told me that since the chair couldn't be repaired and they didn't have any to replace it, I had to take it or leave it. I believe James still has some DCW chairs in stock and/or is able to get one easily enough - they still sell a lounge model of the chair that is virtually the same but has slightly shorter legs. I believe James is ticked off with my wanting some assurances about the other chairs and is now refusing to honour their posted Warranty because of it.
In follow-up correspondence after doing considerable research, I gave Rove Concepts a list of 8 distributors in China who sell the chair (on their website, the owners mention they went to China at least 23 times in 2016) to show them that they could get the chair if honouring their Warranty was something they actually wanted to do. I also pointed out that a store credit is of no value to me because I am not in the market for more furniture and will not be for the foreseeable future (and there's nothing on their site that I want to purchase, in any case). Also, a store credit doesn't solve my missing dining chair problem, but it does keep the money in Rove Concepts' pocket. I also did a search about Warranty and Guarantee laws in Canada and, according to the Government of Canada Competition Act, the company can be fined for not honouring their Warranty (http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/00525.html).
Before you are fooled by Rove Concepts’ website and promises, do a search on the Better Business Bureau website, on Ripoff Report, and other rating sites (not Rove Concepts website, though - they vet the reviews that are posted and, other than a few slightly non-glowing reviews that they've allowed to make them look authentic, they mostly only allow reviews in their favour to be posted).

This review was modified by altruistic4 on March 03 2017 06:45:02 PM

2017-02-28

Bad delivery experience

"I haven't actually received my table yet. I ordered it beginning of February. I contacted rove and they told me call Pilot which is their delivery company. So I called Pilot to see what was going on as its been 5 days since its been saying the item is waiting to be picked up. Pilot said that they never got the item and I would have received it that day. Eventually they blamed in on "bad road conditions" which i can say i just think theres miscommunication or no sync on both of the companies. So i lost 5 days for it to get picked up. Then the customer service told me actually i have 7 - 14 days for delivery so i should be patient. Fine. so i waited. I got no notification that the item arrived at the local location. So i called on my own. They told me to its been scheduled for delivery today between 9 - 2pm and will call 30 mins before arrival. Never got that call or the item.

Honestly I never felt so confused at their whole delivery service. I wish it was different cause i like their design i just dont know what its like cause i never got it.

It would've been a less painful experience if they A) improved the syncing between their companies. B) compensated by providing discounts or additional benefits C) less of customer service attitude of telling me that i am not being patient enough and taking on the responsibility that it was their fault.

This review was modified by jee1988 on March 02 2017 05:45:01 PM

2017-02-21

Happy & Satisfied with the product and service.

"I'm so glad that friend of mine recommend me Rove Concepts to buy furnitures. I'm so happy to be a customer. I've finally found what I wanted for furniture. The sofa and bedroom I bought from them are very modern and on high quality. They have also excellent customer service very quick to respond and accommodating. Overall, happy & satisfied."

This review was modified by Zanderpulser on February 23 2017 06:30:01 PM

2017-02-19

Happy with my purchase

"I found amazing furniture at Rove Concept online and I’m very interested in it. I was very pleased to buy their sofa and dining table set at the nice price, with high-quality exquisite materials and it’s very useful to us. The delivery was on time and my order arrived safely without any issues. I’m so happy with my purchase and will definitely encourage everyone to buy furniture at Rove Concepts for their home."

This review was modified by philrogers96 on February 21 2017 07:45:02 PM

2017-02-15

One of my favorite shops to buy good quality furniture

"Rove Concept is one of my favourite furniture shop at Vancouver. Love the design, style and the quality at a great value price. It’s a must stop furniture shop if you’re looking for a high-end quality furnitures."

This review was modified by JustineGear on February 17 2017 01:00:02 AM

2017-02-09

Best Company to buy furnitures

"This is the best furniture showroom to stop by. The service, products and the showroom are nothing but the best. Communication with their sales was great; they helped you to find what you are looking for furniture. They really have my best interest at heart & provide good quality service. I’m thrilled that they get the exact furniture that I was looking for. This business is totally consistent with their passion to create and produce the best quality furniture possibly at a fair price.

This company cares about customer satisfaction and I would definitely be a loyal customer here forever.

This review was modified by Whinney on February 14 2017 12:15:01 AM

2017-02-08

Great Shopping online at Rove Concepts

"Lovely furniture, Great Shopping experience online at Rove Concepts. Communication from online was great and the shipping was so fast. We are thrilled with our furnitures (Nico Sofa and Marcus Dining Table.) Their products are on top quality, and we were very happy with our purchases.
If you’re looking for a luxurious furnitures for your home. Just shop online at Rove Concepts. You really get what you’re looking for.

This review was modified by MarsLancer on February 10 2017 07:00:02 PM

2017-02-08

Good Company with Honest Employee

"I honestly believe that buying Online should not be considered lightly because there are a lot of people causing bad things Online and this thing is not new. So when I went here at Rove Concepts to buy my friend's coffee table, I didn't hesitate because of their good reputation online and my friends even recommends them. The coffee table arrived faster than I thought it should arrive and from my point of view.
Rove Concepts is just one of those companies that would give you the best quality products, the excellent customer service and especially the affordable ones too. Would highly recommend them to my friends from now on.

This review was modified by AndreaPrescott on February 10 2017 05:15:01 PM

2017-02-07

Amazing Experience

"Amazing experience with Rove Concepts. The people working here are consummate professional. They helped us to find what’s best furnitures to buy for our home and also share good ideas of what furnitures will be suitable to our home. All of their products are on top quality, and we were very happy with our purchases. Thanks… I really enjoyed my Nico Sofa.

Just go to Rove Concept, if you’re looking for luxurious furnitures for your home.

This review was modified by Brymzelle on February 09 2017 11:30:01 PM

2017-01-29

Excellent Service, Great Products!

"One of the nicest stores I've ever had. I really love their products, it is in high quality and prices are fair. Everyone here was very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable about their products. One of the staffs took time with us to explain briefly all their products (he talks about the quality. ) And also made sure that we got everything we needed furniture for our home. The delivery of the items was very fast (all items have arrived safely, no damages. They really handle it with care like it was their own.) I’m completely happy and satisfied with it. Overall, a great experience! Thanks… Rove Concept for giving me a good quality service. "

This review was modified by GaryHoover on January 31 2017 06:45:01 PM

2017-01-23

Be wary: image on site do not reflect actual products

" I ordered a couch in December. The couch was delivered about a month later. I received the couch, and at first I frankly really liked it. One of the cushions was less supple than the other, but otherwise I thought it was fine. But when my designer saw the couch, she pointed out that what I received was not the same as what we ordered. And when I looked at the detail, I learned she was right.

I noticed a lot of the details actually were different from the pictures online - the tautness of the cushions was quite different - they're looser and 'give' a lot more than what the picture shows. The shape and size of the cushions changed from the picture - I wanted 'cubed' cushions, but they replaced the cushions with more traditional ones. Finally, some of the proportions were just off. From her perspective, all of those details make for a different couch and we should return.

I brought this up to the company, and after much back and forth, they insist this falls under "Buyer's Remorse" in their return policy, and that I have to bear all of the return costs. They won't take any accountability. Also - ironically, they tout a 30-day "hassle free" return policy, which I learned entails the buyer literally arranging for all re-packaging, logistics, and return delivery of their items. Somehow I'm undergoing a lot of hassle considering it's supposed to be 'hassle-free'.

Anyway, I'm returning the couch and I've filed a small claim in Vancouver to bring justice to this company that seems to do this often to their consumers. Will follow-up on this forum.

This review was modified by Moudy on January 26 2017 01:02:06 PM

2017-01-22

Great Store, Great people!

"Great Store and great people! This store has a great value of beautiful & sophisticated furniture and home decor products. I love stopping by here yearly, to buy furniture & decors for my home. You could spend all day the shopping there to buy their good quality interesting products. People working here are very friendly, accommodating and helpful. You can ask any questions with them and they really answers you and they also happy to help you find what you're looking for. It's really good to shop here.

This review was modified by makmendez79 on February 08 2017 04:54:40 PM

2016-12-15

Worst retail experience ever.

"My experience with Rove has been terrible. My table arrived and didn't work in the space. I returned it but had to figure out shipping on my own, since Rove refuses to assist with that. I shipped the table back to the warehouse via UPS packaged exactly as I received it and it allegedly arrived damaged. Now I have to file a claim with UPS. Thr warehouse sent the table back to me not packaged at all the way I sent it back (It looks like it was run over by a truck and then taped back together- I can hear pieces rattling around in the box), and Rove refuses to assist or refund anything, so unless I can recoup money from UPS, I'm out $700. Worst experience I've ever had with a retailer. I will never order from here again."

This review was modified by es_bo on December 15 2016 06:51:18 AM

Share Rove Concepts's store rating

Rove Concepts is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Rove Concepts is a merchant member
Rove Concepts participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,429 merchant members.