• Address: 990 West 7th Avenue - 2nd Floor

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Recently picked up my 2 lounge chairs from Rove Concepts and the quality has exceeded my expectation. I've seen everything in their showroom before but having unpackaged it in my home I was able to admire every detail, the stitching the buttery soft leather and the overall finish of both my Eames Lounge Chair and PK22 Lounge Chair.

Unlike the other reviews my order did come on time around the 10 week mark and I was called ahead to schedule my delivery. Even though I am in Vancouver they ship directly from their Washington warehouse. I do wish they have a local warehouse because I'd much prefer to save on shipping and have it picked up myself.

"The stitching on the Barcelona is very uneven and dramatically different from the Knoll - looks very sloppy. They tell me this is just how it is... The steel could definitely be polished better. The leather patches look very different side by side in some areas. Basically lack of critical details that Rove claims to warrant higher prices for. They refuse to take care of it because that is simply their quality level."

"Update:

Christopher head of client services at Rove contacted me after seeing my review online. He researched the matter, and wrote to me to offer two options as remedy: 1, to produce a new sofa that could be of a different style and a side table for me free of charge; he even suggested a sofa for me given my complaints that their LC2 did not keep shape; 2, to fully refund me minus shipping, and I don't have to ship the items back to the shop. I took the second option. Today I saw that the refund was already posted on my credit card account.

I am impressed that Christopher took his customer's satisfaction so seriously and acted so quickly to remedy the situation once he was made aware of the matter. I find him very professional and efficient. This is definitely top notch customer service and turned things around for me. At least now when I see the sofa and side table I do not feel like a fool. Four stars for the shop thanks to Christopher.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a LC2 sofa and Eileen grey side table from them. I was planning to use these for their looks only: they are to sit in my foyer, when people walk into the house they can throw their stuff on the sofa and perhaps sit down to change shoes, that's all. So I didn't think quality would be an issue. What a mistake!

The furniture are very BAD QUALITY knock-off. The materials are not too bad but the craftsmanship is just AWFUL AWFUL. Sofa cushions look totally wrinkled and creased after a couple of weeks subject to the extremely light use. No matter how I patted and squeezed they just wouldn't mold into a reasonable shape. The steel legs on the LC2 sofa are badly made. Broken pieces of rubber here and there, for example. One leg cap actually fell off, although I was able to screw it back on. The Eileen grey side table is very flimsy. It wobbles and moves every time I put anything on it, making me extremely nervous that it may break down on me any time.

Bottom line: these are not high-end knock-off. These are JUNK furniture. Needless to say I moved them away from my foyer. They are not fit for use, they are not fit to be seen! Of course, forget about returning them. This company offered to take it back, with a 35% restocking fee, and I have to arrange and pay for the shipping. They might as well say, haha, now you've paid up, just live with your problem!

"We received our Barcelona Chair yesterday. We love it. The quality is excellent, and it is very comfortable. We ordered it from Rove's specials. We made our order on April 1, 2014. On April 7, 2014 we received a called asking when we were available for delivery. They said the the delivery would be between 3 pm and 7 pm. They arrived around 4:00 p.m. We will order from Rove Concept again. The service was great! We are very pleased with our purchase."

"Buyer Beware when dealing with RoveConcepts - their policies are NOT in your best interest!

We are building a new house and I wanted to use Eames loungers for the theater, but I just could not bring myself to spend $5K per chair when I needed 4-8 of them! So after doing a lot of research among reproduction companies...and based on the mostly positive reviews seen online...I ordered one Eames lounger from RoveConcepts to check it out before ordering the rest. Glad I did the 'test' order first as it didn't go well at all.

Without getting into the time delays....of which there were a few....the customer satisfaction of the experience was astoundingly bad.

Here is the short version and my recommendation if you decide to order from RoveConcepts.

1. Ordered the chair in November...supposed to arrive first week of January, but did not come - and not without a fight - until February
2. Chair arrived damaged with screws overdriven and the points breaking the surface of the finished wood - not delivery damage but construction damage which should not have passed even a cursory Quality Control inspection
3. Rove policy states that you MUST inspect the chair before the delivery driver leaves so that they can verify the damage - this was done
4. I called Rove while the driver was here and was instructed to refuse the order, not accept the shipment and send it back - this was done
5. I was assured by the CSR that all would be taken care of - I thought that meant me and my order...turns out it meant them
6. They received the chair back at their warehouse and emailed me saying the damage was barely noticeable, but they did note that it was damaged - a statement was made to the effect that the damage could have been addressed with a 5% damage policy - now I don't know about you, but $90 isn't enough to make me happy with a damaged chair I paid $1600 for...I want an undamaged chair (or possibly 8 of them) - so I would have declined this regardless
7. They emailed and offered to send out another chair - which I agreed to
8. Then 'management' changed their mind and offered me a full refund - which to them does not include the $199 shipping fee because this is what their policy states - this I did not agree to - I requested that a replacement be sent out
9. Then in the most astounding act I have ever seen, they simply refunded the lesser amount and ignored my future emails - I have NEVER experienced this level of arrogance before in a retailer

I have full documentation on all of this, but the above gives a clear picture.

Now my story has a happy ending because all it took was a 10 minute call to Visa and they credited the funds to my card. BUT this may not be the case for you. I have a longstanding business relationship with my bank and credit card supplier. From my understanding Visa simply did not want me to be the victim and credited the funds. Whether they go after RoveConcepts or not for reimbursement, I do not know. However, this shows what true customer service looks like.

I did call Consumer Affairs even though I had satisfaction from Visa and was told it is BUYER BEWARE. It is YOUR responsibility to be aware of all the seller's policies - whether they make them known to you or not. So be sure you know all of RoveConcepts policies as listed on their site - specifically that YOU are responsible for shipping - even when the item is damaged. Also take a close look at the warranty...it does not appear to cover a great many things that seem important at this price level. I didn't look at this at first, but sure would now.

To put things further into perspective, I buy a LOT online. By that I mean literally 1000+ purchases to date. And the fact that this is the first review I have ever written and the only time I have not been satisfied with an online purchase experience says a lot.

So why did I write this review? It is not to say anything about the quality of their furniture because I did not even have the chance to try the chair, so I cannot comment on that. It is my hope that if you decide to buy from RoveConcepts, that you can ensure that you are treated more fairly than I was.

How to do this?

Before ordering I would simply ask them to put in writing that they will be responsible for any and all shipping charges for ANY damage, defects or warranty replacement/work. If they won't agree to this, then I think you have your answer as to whose best interests are being looked after - and it is not yours. In my few phone calls with their CSR, I got a lot of 'don't worry about it' and 'not a problem' and 'we'll take care of it', but this simply didn't turn out to be true...so get satisfactory terms of sale in writing BEFORE you give them your money!

If enough of their potential customers demand this, perhaps they will change their policy to better represent the customer and take more care in their quality control.

All the best,
Darren

"My initial experience with Rove was less than stellar, but they made up for it. I purchased a marble tulip table on Nov 3rd, with an estimated delivery date of Nov 15-20th. It arrived December 4th, packaged only in cardboard (it weighs 160 pounds) and it had broken through the cardboard and was chipped all along one side. I was very disappointed; however, the replacement table they shipped out was crated fully in wood (protected) and is perfect, and looks amazing. The CS manager who worked with me was very apologetic about the first experience and did a great job with follow-up and follow-through. I did let them know they shouldn't ship any of these tables in the future unless they are crated in wood, so hopefully it won't happen to anyone else."

"I just recently purchased the Eames Soft Pad Management Chair. I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with this chair. The chair arrived three days shy of the 14 weeks Rove indicated it would take for custom orders. It was packaged expertly and there was no damage to the chair in shipping. The chair was fully assembled with the exception of inserting the hydraulic mechanism into the base and sitting the finished chair on top. The craftsmanship of this chair is indescribable! The frame is the best made I have seen on the market and the leather on the chair of the finest quality and every stitch and seam sewn straight and perfect. I understand these chairs are made overseas and are then shipped to Rove Concept's Vancouver office for quality control to inspect and pass for release to the customer. Those that are USA bound come into Washington state and from there are distributed via FedEx and other domestic carriers to people fortunate enough to have bought from Rove Concepts.

The office staff at Rove Concepts is exceptional! Thanks to Matt, Melanie, and all the staff there who helped me with my order. I realize in this world of instant gratification most find it hard to wait 14 weeks to order an office chair but, I can assure you after sending two cheap copies of this Eames back to their respective vendors this chair was well worth the wait. Rove’s products are as good as they claim and surpass anything I've come across to-date in workmanship, quality, and comfort. Also, I agree with Michael W. from a previous review when he stated the savings over buying from Herman Miller. Your savings will run from the hundreds into the thousands depending on the product purchased.

It has been my pleasure to write this review. I never shy back from complimenting when appropriate and in this case it was, I can't say enough about how pleased I am! In fact I don’t know but what, if living today, Charles and Ray would have bought from Rove Concepts.

Many Thanks Rove Concepts!

"UPDATE: Rove Concepts Manager Matthew phoned me August 27, 2013 to resolve my furniture complaint.

Matthew was prompt, courteous, understanding, and accommodating in dealing with my dissatisfaction with his company's product.

Customers with questions should not hesitate to contact Rove Concepts; the customer service team goes out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am severely disappointed with Rove Concepts: Architecture of Affordable Luxury furniture in Vancouver, BC.

I placed a custom-order for a 44 inch Eero Saarinen Round Tulip Table with walnut veneer and white cast aluminum base with Rove Concepts on April 5, 2013. Eighteen weeks later and $820 USD poorer, I received the table.

Not only is the table diameter less than 44 inches (it measures 43.25 inches - that's rounded up), but also the table top veneer has an uneven finish and man-made, synthentic-looking grain pattern. The veneer grain pattern was applied using a bookended technique where the same piece of wood is sliced, unraveled, and aligned creating a perfect pattern effect and a faux finish - think wall paper panels perfectly matched at the seams. I recommend Rove Concepts add a high quality image of the table top to show this faux finish.

I have had the table a week. There are three small chips on its surface and subtle surface scratch marks from regular use. The table top will not last (i.e., it is not ideal for an active household).

On the plus side, my two experiences with customer service have been good prior to the delivery of my table. I used the online chat service 1) to place my order and 2) to contact Rove Concepts about my order status at the 15-week mark. Due to a delay in shipping, I requested a shipping fee waiver which Rove Concepts honored.

However, my $820 USD was to pay for a custom-ordered table, not expected customer service. Reading Rove Concepts' 7-Day Return Policy and 3-Year Warranty, I would be responsible for all or partial shipping charges (depending on if I am dissatisfied or if the product is damaged). At this point, these shipping charges are not worth the time, energy, and money.

"Eames lounger came in today, packed great! Just assembled it and love it. The leather is pure luxury!"

Rove Concepts is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Rove Concepts is a merchant member
Rove Concepts participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,879 merchant members.