Stores > Rogers Camera
  • Rogers Camera

Voice your opinion! Review Rogers Camera by clicking a star below.
2010-01-16

"I read their web site, ordered a photographic product. Their price is quite low.
After confirmation of my order, 2-3 days later, they canceled my order, and told me that the item is out of stock.
I suspect this company use low price to attract people to get their credit card details for some uncovered purposes. Beware!

2009-08-19

"Stay away from this company. It seems to me that they are using this site to get a lot information from you but do not deliver.
I ordered in June a digital camera (Canon PowerShot SD1200) from them and gave them all the necessary information including the AMEX credit card info. I received a confirmation of my order and was looking forward to receive the item. About a week later I got an e-mail that my order was out of stock. As if they could not have told me that when I ordered it! I called them and they told me that they put my order on hold. Never heard from again until I called them today. They claimed that the order was cancelled as they do not take AMEX anymore. Also, the camera is still on backorder. I checked their WEB site (rogerscamera.com). They still accept the AMEX credit card input and accept the order. I wonder what this company is doing with all the information they collect???

2009-07-29

"I ordered a lens over the phone. Two weeks later no lens. Can not get someone to talk to me, I wait on the phone on hold till I get disconnected. I finally put forth the action of disputing the charge to my card. My card was canceled, reason by bank "stolen" since they had my card number and security code. Hopefully I get my money refunded. Research these too good to be true prices. If I had come upon these reviews and the many many more bad accounts of Rogerscamera, it would have saved me alot of money. "

2009-07-19

"Rogers is a scam. First when they send you an invoice their is no prices listed on it except for the grand total. When I called to see if it was sent yet, because I was thinking about cxl the order they said it was already sent, which I found out it wasn't sent for two days. They made it sound like I was getting a deal on the things I ordered which I found out when I received the order I got a bunch of cheap stuff. When I received my warranity card for three years, they told me it would be honored at best buy. I went to best buy to find out about the warranity and was told they don't honor it. I called the number on my warranity card and was told I would have to send it to Passpot Worldwide Plan. You would think that if a company treated you well that you would be back and even recommended the store to friends. As it stands right now there is no way I will recommend the store to friends or will I ever buy from them again."

This review was modified by gordonaconrad on August 24 2009 06:44:48 PM

2009-07-14

"I wanted to purchase a HVD Cannon Vixia HV40 camcorder and saw that Rogers Camera had a great price (a couple hundred dollars less than Costco and Amazon). I placed the order online and like most other reviewers received an email stating that they needed to verify my order.

Upon contacting them I was told that the camcorder was the "wholesale" version which was only the camera and did not come with a battery charger, and that I would need to purchase that separately. I figured I would end up having to buy everything else separately so I canceled my order.

I would advise not buying from this merchant. Their prices seem to good to be true, and they are. My guess is once you end up adding everything that normally comes with whatever item you buy it will cost more than what you would pay elsewhere.

2009-06-22

"This is a classic BAIT AND SWITCH Bucket shop. Place your order on line, there is no place to enter the security code. Then they call to "VERIFY" your order and you are upsold like crazy. I was told this camera came with a 30 minute disposable battery and I needed to purchase a 5 hour "kit", plus swapping of lenses was a priority by this rude and pushy salesman (if you want to call him that). After haggling, he had the bill adjusted upwardsa of $500 more than my original order. Also the free shipping became a $50 insurance charge. I told him to cancel the order and he hung up on me. Then I received an email with the updated invoice. I called and was hung up on again. I emailed a dozen times, noboidy replied and then they shipped the product. Needless to say it will be refused and I already contacted my card company.....do not deal with these thieves."

2009-06-21

""Purchased" a Canon Sd780 for $189.00, so I thought, from Rogers. When they couldn't scam extra cash out of me, they cancelled the order claiming the item was "oversold." They still have the same item listed for sale on their website. Don't waste your time with these people."

2009-06-15

"I purchased a camera from rogers. I spoke with a salesman after placing the order. He was very nice and assisted me with my questions. I called 2 other companies before Rogers Camera, and they just hung up on me when I said that I had questions before i wanted to place an order. My daughter loves her new camera and I would shop here again for sure."

2009-06-15

"I placed an order on line for 1300 Canon. I got an email saying for seurity reason I had to call them and confirm ny order. when I called the agent was rude and I was not happy with his replyabout specs of my order.when I asked to cancell my order i was transfered to another agent who refused to do and hanged up!!
I had to call them again several time and eventually got them to cancel my order!

2009-06-11

"I made my purchase telephonically. The salesman Anthony seemed very knowledgeable. I asked for a price on the Nikon 18-200 f/3.5-5.6G if-ED I was advised the retail price is $999 and purchased it for $649. I did not receive any email with the confirmation so I checked online and my visa was charged for $669. I immediately called back and after several attempts I was put on hold indiffinitely. I emailed them , within 30mins of the orginal order, cancelling the order and 3 mins later I received an email indicating my order had shipped- No item description or amount mentioned. I rec'd a Sigma 18-200 lens that you can buy anywhere for $438....So NO I WILL NOT purchase from Rogers Camera EVER AGAIN! Won't waste my time tryng to return it because you need a return number and no one will answer the phone for anything except selling. I wish I would have read the reviews first. I'm purchasing my real Nikkor lens from Sammys camera online. "

2009-06-11

"I purchased a Canon SX200 camera from Best Buy, but then I found it on Rogers Camera at a cheaper price so I called them up and I got the camera in three days. I would definately buy from them again in the future. Very nice website, customer service and agent."

2009-06-09

"These people are a complete scam!! After ordering a Canon XSi kit with lens, I get a phone call to verify the order and am informed the item I purchased is actually an inferior overseas version (plastic) but I would be much happier with the USA version for only $336 more. Not to mention that they are about 15% higher for the same package at most other e-tailers."

2009-06-04

"I ordered Canon 70-200mm Zoom Lens and they called to verify credit card and tried to sell me a different lens. When I would not purchase the new lens the sales rep hung up on me and would not return my phone calls. I immediately cancelled my credit card."

2009-06-04

"DO NOT ORDER from this store. It's a bait and switch scam.

Advertised Canon 100mm macro lens for $399 but call to confirm order and they told me it's not for digital and that it was a film lens.

What a scam!

2009-06-03

"Genuinely concerned about their customers and the products they purchase. I received many calls about my lens and received much needed help with my selection. Many thanks for helping out with my purchase and for letting me know which lens would work for my camera.

Mike

Share Rogers Camera's store rating

Rogers Camera is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rogers Camera is not a merchant member
Rogers Camera does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!