Stores > RockyCameras
  • RockyCameras

Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockyCameras by clicking a star below.
2017-04-27

Order a camera on 4 month ago and it never arrived

"I ordered cameras from this seller a few times before and they arrived OK. 4 Month ago I ordered another one for $450. After it didn't arrive in a few weeks I started contacting the seller by email. Initially my emails were replied with excuses that made me think it is just being delayed in shipping. After that the seller stopped responding to my email. I tried calling him and again got excuses, then he stopped answering my calls. Filed complaint in UK. Don't buy from this guy!"

2017-04-22

Purchased stuff worth £500 & got cheated!!!

"Hello, im from India, i had ordered from www.rockycameras.com a couple of times for low amounts of money and each time there was nothing majorly wrong with the order however the 3rd time in a 40% summer sale on his website i placed order of £500 for a large combined shipling cameras , lenses & accessories to add to my collection. I didnt realise that this site had lost its paypal payment mode (due to his cheating habits) & at the time of checkout i saw the payment mode being credit card or debit card. I thought i was trusting a seller with a long running website and seemed to be offering reasonable costs so i paid thru my international debit card & guess what the order delievered after waiting for 30 days for getting just the shipping info i got only 4 dead non working broken light meters in my order. After writting to this website at this email - rockyrockcameras.com@btopenworld.com there was absolutely no response to my appeals which then became angry appeals but then my emails started bouncing off of his server. He had blocked me so i started sending emails frm different emails but they were blocked too so i called him and didnt get any response although the phone was ringing. He advertises many rare good quality photography items with 3-4 photos on his wwbsite which he will be selking for relatively low costs than ebay to attract unsuspecting international buyers. Once you have paid know you are going to get flase cheap broken stuff or ull get nothing at all. He should be arrested for financial frauds which must be hundreds of thousands of dollars or even million of dollars as his site claims to have 80000+ photography related items live at any given moment 365 days. All his testimonials are fake and very old from 2010 or so and if u check many times ull see testimonials frm the same guy e.g clive will have posted many fake testimonials on his site. He didnt have the guts to post my testimonial ofcourse hidding behind the internet maze. He is a big time cheap style cheater and a p i m p.. yes that the word for him "

2017-03-15

Take care ! Criminal !!!

"I bought three times at him. First time all was okay. Second time i recieved two defect lenses and one part was wrong. After long discussions i got a few money back, but despite several promises never got wrong part changed. Then bought third time in holiday offer with 40% discount. The two most expensive lenses with > 400Euro were not in box. Long discussions via paypal. At the end i did not get lenses nor money. Guy is big cheater !!! Never buy there, take care !!!"

2017-01-12

Youll be sorry so be WARNED

"Purchased Mint Zorki 4 (£29.99) from rocky cameras Nov 29 2016 received wrong camera from the one that was advertised and the wrong lens, shutter not working, lens etched with mold, and definitely not in the condition advertivesd Returned the camera (£7.99 postage) emailed and phone with only one call answered,by Keith Rocky (No apology made) that the replacement was going to be sent out straight away,a week went by then another week went by and guess what?????? Fantastic a camera turned up guess what its wrong camera again. I order a Zorki 4 and got a Zorki 4k.
Not a nice person to to business with
rocky cameras I'll have nothing to do with they again
And you should follow my advise buy on eBay its protected by paypal
You Have been WARNED

2016-03-16

Keith Rock, Rockycameras is a common thief and a fraud

"Do'nt ever buy from this seller. If you think, that your order will release a discount, you will get a surprise, because the parcel will never arrive, and Keith will respond and delay your mails until the 45 day refund from PayPal has expired. After that, you will never hear from him again, and you will have lost your money.
If you have been scammed, call trading Standards Office in Bournemouth and file a complaint to www.actionfraud.org.uk, because this seller is a criminal, who deserve to be brought to justice.

2015-07-13

"Received my purchase. Shipping was quick but the item does not function.

Seems like the previews reviews were correct. Site can't be trusted, will not buy again.

2015-06-19

"I was scammed too. Ordered and paid for lens and lightmeters. Lightmeters has arrived but not functioning at all and lens has not arrived and no refund was made. Rocky has gone quite it's been half a year. I am considering taking this to court. "

2015-03-16

"Terrible, this guy, is name is Keith Rock, is a scammer, I bought 5 cameras from RockyCameras, stated as working and in good condition. The 5 Cameras were pure garbage. 4 didn´t work at all, didn´t fire, and the other one was with fungus all over the place. The guy just kept ignoring my emails. I buy a lot from the internet. This was the most terrible experience on buying something online. Pure Scam."

2015-02-13

"Terrible service, firstly shoved any old cameras instead of ones I ordered in box, except my main reason for order which wasnt in box at all, replacements for missing cameras were cheap and some broken, no notice he was going to do this, after several emails later he sent out the main camera in another package only for it arrive with no lense or shutter despite description stating shutter firing correctly, after two weeks from initial order and many emails I went to paypal for refund, which I got along with an insulting email for not being civilised. Trade descriptions have been informed for this seller selling goods in a condition which is not possible for it to be."

2014-02-26

"I ordered two lenses for over £200 three months ago. They never arrived. Rocky responded to all my emails for first six weeks with various excuses making me believe they were coming. He once even wrote "be patient"! Then after six weeks the replies ceased. No response.

So I contact Paypal to launch a dispute, they've got protection right?. Well they won't do anything after 45 days (shocking - credit cards are legislated to protect you for six years). The funds came out of my positive Paypal balance so I've no recourse to my credit card provider. Clearly this is how Keith makes profit, spinning a yarn just long enough until Paypal won't log the dispute.

Having spoken to Citizens Advice Bureau they are now passing this to Rocky's local Trading Standards office in Bournemouth. When I told them to look online at this review site and the many other Google hits you get about Rocky they said unfortunately that doesn't help them as they need people to call CAB directly to lodge cases. Then they can and do act.

So please everyone out there who's been ripped off you should phone 0845 040506 and complain so that rockycameras.com can will finally have legal consequences for this dishonest fraudulent distance selling.

2014-01-30

"Rocky is not worth doing business with unless with anless you are desperate for the photo item his latest trick seems to me that if you order 2 items he only sends one. you will get no response from him if you get in touch except maybe an insult. only pay with PayPal and get straight on to them for your money back

2013-06-30

"From Australia, I ordered a vintage camera and a light meter, the goods never arrived and none of my four email were replied to as well.
I trust that this company should be dealt with carefully and I do not understand that it can still sell online with all the complains received.
I would like to get my money back if possible and make sure people knows who they are dealing with.

2012-10-09

"The owner of Rockycameras is Keith Rock who runs this 'business' from two bedroom bungalow. He has been thrown out from Ebay now four times (fifth one is pending) and if you have looked other review sites, he is probably the worst seller you will ever encounter.

I made two purchases from him. I both occasions items were missing and those which were delivered had fungus and deep scratches in front elements. These were described as "optically perfect".

I have now contacted my credit card company who is going to issue a charge back. If that fails, the next step is Small Claims Court and a fraud report to police.

2011-11-11

"I made an order (6 cameras)over 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting the package to come. I have sent 5 emails to RockyCameras, but no answer. Very poor customer service!

Tuomo

from Finland

2010-11-15

"Have a look here to see a lot more feedbacks on this 'gentleman's business model:

Mr. Keith Rock has traded on eBay under the names 'member446885' and 'ferndowncameras' and now runs 'rockycameras.com'

Be advised, most stuff is rubbish and getting your money back is near impossible.

Share RockyCameras's store rating

RockyCameras is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockyCameras is not a merchant member
RockyCameras does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!