• RockyCameras

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"Received my purchase. Shipping was quick but the item does not function.

Seems like the previews reviews were correct. Site can't be trusted, will not buy again.

This review was modified by photofan2 on July 13 2015 03:19:35 AM

"I was scammed too. Ordered and paid for lens and lightmeters. Lightmeters has arrived but not functioning at all and lens has not arrived and no refund was made. Rocky has gone quite it's been half a year. I am considering taking this to court. "

"Terrible, this guy, is name is Keith Rock, is a scammer, I bought 5 cameras from RockyCameras, stated as working and in good condition. The 5 Cameras were pure garbage. 4 didn´t work at all, didn´t fire, and the other one was with fungus all over the place. The guy just kept ignoring my emails. I buy a lot from the internet. This was the most terrible experience on buying something online. Pure Scam."

"Terrible service, firstly shoved any old cameras instead of ones I ordered in box, except my main reason for order which wasnt in box at all, replacements for missing cameras were cheap and some broken, no notice he was going to do this, after several emails later he sent out the main camera in another package only for it arrive with no lense or shutter despite description stating shutter firing correctly, after two weeks from initial order and many emails I went to paypal for refund, which I got along with an insulting email for not being civilised. Trade descriptions have been informed for this seller selling goods in a condition which is not possible for it to be."

This review was modified by lowfi99 on February 13 2015 02:01:11 PM

"I ordered two lenses for over £200 three months ago. They never arrived. Rocky responded to all my emails for first six weeks with various excuses making me believe they were coming. He once even wrote "be patient"! Then after six weeks the replies ceased. No response.

So I contact Paypal to launch a dispute, they've got protection right?. Well they won't do anything after 45 days (shocking - credit cards are legislated to protect you for six years). The funds came out of my positive Paypal balance so I've no recourse to my credit card provider. Clearly this is how Keith makes profit, spinning a yarn just long enough until Paypal won't log the dispute.

Having spoken to Citizens Advice Bureau they are now passing this to Rocky's local Trading Standards office in Bournemouth. When I told them to look online at this review site and the many other Google hits you get about Rocky they said unfortunately that doesn't help them as they need people to call CAB directly to lodge cases. Then they can and do act.

So please everyone out there who's been ripped off you should phone 0845 040506 and complain so that rockycameras.com can will finally have legal consequences for this dishonest fraudulent distance selling.

This review was modified by stillshootingfilm on February 26 2014 05:37:33 AM

"Rocky is not worth doing business with unless with anless you are desperate for the photo item his latest trick seems to me that if you order 2 items he only sends one. you will get no response from him if you get in touch except maybe an insult. only pay with PayPal and get straight on to them for your money back

This review was modified by Albanson on January 30 2014 04:17:22 AM

"From Australia, I ordered a vintage camera and a light meter, the goods never arrived and none of my four email were replied to as well.
I trust that this company should be dealt with carefully and I do not understand that it can still sell online with all the complains received.
I would like to get my money back if possible and make sure people knows who they are dealing with.

This review was modified by froggtz on June 30 2013 02:59:19 PM

"The owner of Rockycameras is Keith Rock who runs this 'business' from two bedroom bungalow. He has been thrown out from Ebay now four times (fifth one is pending) and if you have looked other review sites, he is probably the worst seller you will ever encounter.

I made two purchases from him. I both occasions items were missing and those which were delivered had fungus and deep scratches in front elements. These were described as "optically perfect".

I have now contacted my credit card company who is going to issue a charge back. If that fails, the next step is Small Claims Court and a fraud report to police.

"I made an order (6 cameras)over 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting the package to come. I have sent 5 emails to RockyCameras, but no answer. Very poor customer service!

Tuomo

from Finland

"Have a look here to see a lot more feedbacks on this 'gentleman's business model:

Mr. Keith Rock has traded on eBay under the names 'member446885' and 'ferndowncameras' and now runs 'rockycameras.com'

Be advised, most stuff is rubbish and getting your money back is near impossible.

"This guy plays a numbers game. He sells a lot. So his feedback on ebay generally appears good, like the high ninety's, but buyer beware, For every few that seem to be good deals there are rogue elements (pun intended) hiding for the unsuspecting buyer. Please factor in a roll of the dice when trusting this sellers descriptions. At best he is economical with the truth with descriptions that appear on Keith Rocks ebay account of member446885. At my current ebay feedback of 185 of solid generally high value purchases I have received ONE negative feedback. Guess who the delightful purveyor of shonky optics was that gave it to me? Yes none other than your man, Mr. Keith Rock. Thanks for that. Of course these days the seller cant leave retaliatory feedback so hopefully his business model has a finite existence. The item I received had a smear internally that resembled some fluid damage to an internal element! This was described as "optically perfect". after I left bad feedback he contacted me through ebay square deal and tried to get my feedback removed, "No way!" I say I had to chase you through paypal for quite some time before I got my money back because of an incorrectly described item. So I got bad feedback in return and I am "banned from his future auctions", like I would buy anything off this joker in the future!"

"At last this chancer has been found out and is being brought to the attention of the public. I bought a camera lens from him which was described as being Optically Perfect and working well (his words, not mine). Lens had very obvious fungus and focusing ring wouldn't turn. His arrogance and attitude leave a lot to be desired, and I would recommend avoiding this clown at all costs - when challenged, his stance is to respond with a torrent of abuse. You will also be called an "idiot buyer", "liar", and will be banned from his auctions. He also denied that the return packet had been delivered (even though I have proof of delivery) - so just be warned. It's nearly always a 'Rocky' experience in more than one way...of course, he'll probably add plenty of positive feedback for himself here - but his writing style, once seen, is pretty unique!"

"Rocky specializes in selling uninspected, used photographic goods with misleading claims of good quality. If the buyer complains, he will respond with a string of lying excuses, and refuse to provide a refund. There are many many instances of this behaviour on record and it is amazing to me that he dares to put himself under this type of scrutiny. This is a combination of arrogance, since he has prospered with this selling model, and stupidity because he believes that scammed buyers will not find out about this "store" and report their experiences with him. Buyer beware and stay away from this crooked venture."

"This seller specializes in used camera equipment that sometimes come in very attractive prices. Unfortunately, the gear that they ship is hardly worth a quarter of the cheap money you pay. Worse, the items that we received lacked some vital parts. The seller acknowledged the omission and promised to ship the missing parts. In fact, he claims to have sent them twice! Of course, nothing arrived so I was stuck with an expensive doorstop! A search in the internet proved that the seller is nothing but a scam artist, well known across several photography forums as a fraudster with a dirty mouth. I should've done my homework and googled him first before I ordered!"

Share RockyCameras's store rating

RockyCameras is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockyCameras is not a merchant member
RockyCameras does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!