Stores > RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 7.11/10 7.11/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.48/10 5.48/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-04-17

**Buyer Beware** Purchase at your own risk! Products may be used/opened!

"I've been a RockAuto customer since Oct 9th, 2005 which is when I made my first purchase. Back then RA had a great "no-hassle" customer support. Just recently I purchased a Timing Belt Kit for my vehicle and with most reputable gasket manufacturers like Gates, Felpro, Beck/Arnley; their items always comes sealed with a tamper evident seal/shrink wrap. When that seal is ripped or missing, the part had been opened. This is what happened to me when I received my kit. My kit came open with the seal missing and I filed a return/replacement and the rep called me back and said it's not returnable. She justified that from time to time, the workers in the warehouse would open the products to confirm all the parts are inside before shipping it out.

This type of business practice just doesn't make sense at all. When I purchase something as "New", I expect it to be unopened and un-tampered with. It is EXTREMELY risky to the consumer end to take RA's word that some items are opened before it's shipped because you don't know if a previous buyer opened the item, swapped parts or did whatever the hell they did to it and returned it back. In the end, YOU end up taking the risk by potentially installing used, incorrect or faulty parts onto your vehicle.

Needless to say, I had to go back and forth with multiple reps before they finally understood what I was getting at. I had to submit photo evidence and run around hoops so they would authorize a replacement and provide a prepaid return shipping label. I would have gladly paid more for the same part on other retail sites (such as Amazon or eBay) knowing I could have avoided unnecessary frustration.

Once again. BUYER BEWARE. If you do order from RockAuto, do so with due diligence and research your parts!

This review was modified by Jayeeyee on April 20 2016 01:11:07 PM

2016-04-14

Rude customer service & Misleading Shipping to Canada

"Avoid rock auto if shipping to Canada!
They have two cheap options for shipping to Canada, one is economy mail and the other is ground consolidated. I paid for the more expensive ground option. The Rock Auto.com website faq has this to say about shipping: Note: Any shipping methods with the word "Mail" or "Post" in the title will ship using a postal carrier such as USPS, Canada Post, etc. Any other shipping methods will ship using FedEx, UPS, DHL, Freight, etc. We ship using our warehouses' preferred carriers so there is not an option to choose between FedEx or UPS, for example

Again for clarity I "paid" for ground consolidated not "Economy Mail" yet the idiots sent it in the mail and are trying to blame me for this even though my order confirmation quite clearly states that I picked & paid for "Ground Consolidated".

So two things are quite apparent: 1. They never admit when they make a mistake, they always blame the customer.
2. There is no difference between economy mail & ground consolidated except for the price which they pocket.
Bottom line: Avoid if in Canada. Ripoff shipping. Misleading website FAQs.

2016-04-09

Wish I would of found them Sooner

"A friend told me about Rock Auto a few months ago. > I ordered parts at midnight on a Thursday (2-4-16) and 80 % of them were delivered to my shop by 9:00 a.m Sat. (2-6-16).. Received the remainder of my order by Monday. Less than 3 & 1/2 days to receive all my parts. ( They saved me about a $1,000 on my very first order. ) ... I just placed another Order Sunday night (4-3-2016) & received all the parts by Wednesday afternoon. ( saved me another $150.00 ) ... SUGGESTION to All Customers: cross-check the PART NUMBERS on the Rock Auto Ordering page with your local auto parts outlet PRIOR to ordering & you shouldn't have any problems getting the Right Part/s needed....If you do your PART, They'll do theirs. ... I ONLY have one Gripe: > I WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THEM SOONER. Have a Grand Day , Douglas in Tucson."

2016-04-08

Mustangs in the UK.

"I have been using rockauto for a good few years as i have had a 97 Mustang GT , And now a 05 GT. I have used both as my daily drive with about 12k a year. Rockauto helps me run a cool car real cheap, cheaper than parts for euro cars here, Service is great with real fast delivery , Usualy in a few days!, They have always had everything ive needed and i cant get over how cheap, Even with shipping. Will always use them , Thank you."

This review was modified by azzafletch on April 08 2016 03:10:13 PM

2016-04-04

Could NOT return a $40 item!

"I made a mistake on a $40 dollar item and I could not return it!! Not even a credit!!
I ordered wrong item which looks very similar to the correct item (Oxygen Sensor) plug was different. They would NOT except a return!
That's the last time I order something from Rock Auto (rip-off Auto).

This review was modified by Symmike on April 04 2016 10:27:50 PM

2016-03-31

Swindled - Beware

"Paid $ 12.72 for stainless steel part and received standard part priced at $0.94. Customer Service Rep refused to make refund of shipping and return shipping of nearly $10.00. Beware"

This review was modified by frankiahmed on March 31 2016 12:16:10 PM

2016-02-07

Great prices and quick delivery

"Car parts are not cheap. So it's ideal to shop around. Over the past year, every part I have needed ended up being cheapest and hardly a hassle to order through rockauto.com. Every order has been exactly what I expect it to be and every order has been prompt for delivery. "

2016-01-27

Excellent Service

"I just purchased a Front Wheel Bearing Hub for my Ford Ranger and it arrived in a timely manner and was a great price. I see some bad reviews but I think when purchasing auto parts you have to do your research and make sure of the part you need because with so many makes and models its easy to get it wrong. I would definitely use them again

NMB

This review was modified by NMBJR on January 27 2016 03:53:11 PM

2016-01-23

Robb N. Canyon Country CA... A Happy customer

"I do not understand a lot of the complaints.... I know what I am buying and I know how to install it... So I do not need to call the 800 number.... The selection is good, prices are excellent, shipping is fast and I have not had a problem with returns... I have several cars and fix them all my self... I do about two orders a month and will continue to do so..."

2016-01-16

Terrible

"Bought a power steering pump and was sent a defective part. Rock Auto would not pay for return shipping and would not refund. They would only do an exchange, which I could not wait for. Had to get my credit card company to cut off payment until they agreed to send a return label. I will NEVER do business with these crooks again. If you have a local parts house that gives reasonable service and prices, do business with them!"

This review was modified by Michael5525 on January 16 2016 11:33:48 AM

2016-01-15

super service

"order parts for my ford at a very good price came next day and all brand name parts the best service I ever had easy and no running around to part stores thank you very much I will use you again ."

This review was modified by Garyseegmiller on January 15 2016 12:45:46 PM

2016-01-09

"Why I will never use Rock Auto again:
1. No feedback on parts sold, such as Amazon has.
2. No way to tell what country part was made in before ordering.
3. Will not warranty part on manufacturer’s warranty, you will have to contact manufacturer yourself.
4. Will not warranty part if wrong, even if their web site said it fits your car.
5. Will not refund your money. Will replace part only.

2016-01-07

"I've been a customer for almost five years and have found that they have a great selection of parts at good prices and do ship fast. But their website makes it hard to choose from their large selection of parts. And their customer service is deplorable!

Don't try calling their toll-free number to ask questions about parts. I spoke with Joe, one of their telephone reps, who was uninspiring, curt, and obtuse. I needed to repair a serpentine belt and he hung up on me twice because I asked too many questions and then asked to speak to his supervisor.

When I brought it to the attention of management, they blamed me . . .for asking too many questions! Apparently Rock Auto doesn't think it's their job to help customers find parts on their website.

It turns out I just needed the serpentine kit they stocked, but I couldn't find it on their site because it was obscured by the 15 different types of accessory belts listed.

2015-12-28

"Awful customer service, doesn't stand behind their product, prices are fair until you have an issue, then you bet to pay more because of the shipping. Packages never arrive and they act like it's your problem. I would not use rock auto and will never recommend them again. Napa much better then these people"

2015-12-26

"Wow . . . I am verry satisfied ,it was easy to order ,the shipping was fast with good tracking numbers ,great quality products at affordable price .Nothing was damaged in the well packed shipping box.
There was one small missing info for the rear pads I have ordered for my Crossfire , but after I talked over the phone to a service representent ,I got fully refunded . . . parts and shipping that I had paid ,since it was a small catalog error .I just check on the site and the mistaque was corected so it does not happen to somebody else .
RockAuto Parts will be the first place I will check in the future for our three vehicules .
A special Thanks ,to the US employes at RockAuto Parts . . .job well done .

Daniel L.
Frelighsburg,Qc.,Canada

This review was modified by LagDan55 on December 26 2015 02:31:00 PM

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!