• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.79/10 5.79/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.10/10 4.10/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.57/10 1.57/10

"Haven't got my part yet (will update review when I get it) but their website is horrible. The user experience between adding to cart, signing up, resetting password is horrible. The order process is absolutely horrid, and I got bounced back and forth between their site and PayPal several times while their stupid system thought my address was wrong. Well, I buy from tons of other sites no problem, so the issue was clearly on their end. Also, shipping was not a good price. I could have bought the same part on Amazon for just a few cents more because while Amazon had the part for a few bucks more they offer free 2Day shipping, and it would have taken 2 clicks, not 200... I sure hope the part is the right one and in new condition because after reading some of these other reviews I'm very worried! Short version: this company should dedicated some resources to making their website look and function like it's 2014, not 1995."

"A COMPANY THAT CALLS TO LAUGH AT YOUR BAD ESPERIENCE WITH THEM.

LIES FROM CSR's - HAVE JERKS CALL YOU ALMOST LAUGHING AT YOUR BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM.

RETURN AN ITEM. GOOD LUCK. ROCKAUTO WILL NOT HELP YOU. Everyone in the office will stroke you and you think you will get help on a return., no way, they obviously have so much business they can laugh at those that are spending money with them.

TIM, TED, FROM WISCONSIN OFFICE CALLED ME TO LAUGH AT ME BASICALLY OVER A PART THAT I RETURNED. THEY PURPOSELY LOST IT AND WILL NOT HELP ME TRACK IT.

modified review This review was modified by partsnightmarethenlaughedat on November 19 2014 08:46:55 AM

"I would like like to share my experience with this company , I ordered a fuel pump from there site that was listed to fit my car when I went to install it , it did'nt fit , So I called and spoke to Josh Told him my problem sent him pictures he agreed it was different then what was listed and ordered to fit my car , I even asked him if he could check the warehouse to see if the other pumps listed for my car would work , He got back to me and said no they would'nt and he would send an email with return shipping label for me to return the item ,Which was a lie because the airtex item they listed for my car did fit . I ended up going to advance auto to look at it , it was correct one so I bought it , Now I got my refund from paypal and Rock auto didnt refund my shipping cost , I called and spoke to liz she told me it wasnt there mistake therefore they wont refund that to me even tho she saw the pics and agreed they were different I said your website told me it would fit , she replied WE DON'T GUARANTY THE PARTS WE SELL TO FIT YOUR CAR THAT OUR WEBSITE IS ONLY TO GUIDE YOU is ?? I HAVE NEVER HEARD SUCH A THING , There site even asked for engine code vin , she assured me she was the voice of Rock auto and that there was no further action to be taken on my part .I just wanted you all to know what I was told .So reconsider before you buy from them . Because after this, Everyone I know WONT use them"

modified review This review was modified by joesph1234 on November 18 2014 03:02:16 AM

"The lowest prices I have found on parts. Their shipping is fast and their prices are way lower than any other car part site I have found. I fully recommend."

"Horrible service, scammers. Do not know how they could be in business. AVOID!"

modified review This review was modified by Dizzier1 on November 12 2014 05:52:18 PM

"I have ordered from RockAuto on numerous occasions and have yet to have any problems. In comparison to Canadian retailers, RockAuto still offers some of the lowest prices I've seen. Shipping is extremely affordable and there are no additional duties upon delivery in Canada. If you're ordering only a few items, the prices are comparable to TheWrenchMonkey. To take advantage of the lowest prices I order in bulk. "

modified review This review was modified by petertran-60436 on November 14 2014 10:40:24 PM

" Worst service! Parts delivered wrong, and they wont admit they made mistake. Also they will never pay for your returns when's it's their fault! I ask them for yes the reund on my part and I will lost the shipping and still they said NOOOOO ,,,,,,,, and they tell me if I keep call them they not going to give me more service I dont recommend this place to buy any more I talk with the supervisor and he tell me he can't give me my refund and he don;t want the part back can you belive ????? this is BSSSSS !!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by oswaldoca on November 08 2014 11:49:49 AM

"Ordered a cap for coolant for wife's BMW. They sent the wrong part. To make a return, I had to send 8+ emails including photos of the part I was replacing, Then they wanted my VIN number and a photo of the part they sent me. Really! All because they did not want to pay for shipping on a $7.66 part. I told them to keep the $7.66 and buy a book on customer service. I do not recommend this business to anyone. The worst customer service!"

modified review This review was modified by norockauto on November 06 2014 06:39:04 PM

"Will never buy from Them again! Worst service! Parts delivered wrong, and they wont admit they made mistake. Also they will never pay for your returns when's it's their fault! Shipping took forever when apprently my part is lost!!. This is my order number
Order 26695510
Rock auto is shitty company!

modified review This review was modified by Martingamps on November 02 2014 07:18:15 PM

"I ordered some parts for a lexus that I was fixing up. At first it was awesome to see that all of the parts that I had been trying to get through junkyards and ebay were way overpriced and Rockauto had what I needed at the price I didn't mind paying. Ordered my parts and they came quick I was very impressed.... Until there were some parts that came in the order that were not what I ordered and wanted to return them. The return fee was upsetting but I didn't care I wanted to get the car up and going so by mistake I just mailed back the parts, forgot to fill out the form on the site. THe next day I realized I made a mistake and quickly informed the customer service department. I am not the smartest individual but I know this has happened to other customers I wasn't upset all I asked for was a store credit seeing that it was my f up. Lady told me no problem it would take 3 weeks to issue. We are heading into month two still no update I sent an email the other day only to get a snarky attitude via "email." I am so mad now I say f rock auto keep the money and part go sit and rotate you c suckers. I will tell my friends to pay that extra price for parts just to get the peace of mind. "

"This company is terrible, I don't care how much money it looks like you are going to save, it's not worth it.
I ordered a part based on their catalog search for my truck and it turns out to not work on my model, but they are still making me pay for the return shipping because they said it works. I later found out (no thanks to them) that their was a mid year parts change but their website makes no mention of it.
Their returns section on the website is a pain because it only gives a very small space to write a comment about what's wrong with the part, and on top of that they don't even bother to read the comment!
It took four days of wrangling around with these people just to get an authorization to send their junk back at my expense.
Do yourself a favor and deal with a company that won't make you pay for their mistakes!

"Bought a set of ball joints that at the time were listed for my car. It's a hobby enthusiast car so I wasn't in any hurry to do the job. Rock Auto has a 30day return policy. Even if the parts application is wrong they WILL NOT refund or credit you. Apparently they think it is perfectly fine to sell a part under false application data and then hide behind a 30day "policy" to deny any refunds! I contacted the manufacturer, Deeza, and they offered to credit Rock Auto $25 for the parts I paid $65 for, but Rock Auto refused to offer any credit. They didn't object to the profit, but if you have a problem look out. Not a place I'll ever do business with again. They would rather PO a good customer than offer any customer service even when the problem was THEIR fault.

Rock Auto is a virtual store. They operate using AAIA's parts data and feed orders through AAPA members which is why orders are often split up among several different warehouses. They sell cheaply to retailers because their ONLY overhead is a couple servers operating in the cloud.

"Wow! What has happened to this company. I've ordered from them many times and only one other time had a problem with my order and they bent over backwards to fix the problem.
My last order was for an exhaust system for my son's car and one of the parts, although listed as fitting the car was wrong. I called CS and explained the issue and the Non caring CS person told me I could return at my expense. When I challenged him on this he stood his ground. Luckily the part was only about $20 so I'll keep it and buy the correct part somewhere else.
I did email them after my phone conversation and received no response.
This was the last order they will ever get from me.

modified review This review was modified by dbta on October 07 2014 06:32:08 PM

"Why so many low ratings? I ordered my part on the weekend and they had my part ready to ship on Monday the moment the post office opened back up and I had it in my hands in two days. I was blown away by the extra effort they put in to making sure the package was protected during shipping. They could have stuck the manufacture's box in the mail with a shipping label on it and sent that but they put that in another box with lots of protective packaging."

modified review This review was modified by andrewsafb71 on October 07 2014 11:37:35 AM

"needed front turn signal lens for our trusty F150 pickup. price was great and cheaper than any other place. Product arrived within 3 days and was in perfect condition. rock auto gets my vote"

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!