Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.66/10 2.66/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.58/10 3.58/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.90/10 1.90/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-06-26

Never again !!!!! Stay away!

"They sent me the wrong parts and when I called to return them they were extremely rude customer. service. Called me a liar for date my jeep was built...really. Wow.. ask to speak to a customer service supervisor twice and was refused. Said he will call you if he thinks it's necessary. So done hope you go out of business. That's no way to treat a valued customer. Shame on you."

2017-06-25

Worst site ever

"Sure their products are discounted but plenty of other websites have cheaper items and are way more polite. I went to order a part for my car from Rock Auto.com and it declined my payment. We'll, I called the bank and they said the payment went through. I called Rock Auto and the man (I believe his name was Michael) he was very rude and unhelpful. He said that the payment was declined and it would take almost two weeks for me to get my money back. That they didn't take any money from me, but it was on hold because I entered "the wrong address" than from what my bank has on file. SERIOUSLY?!?! Then I ask him who I have to call about this and he kept talking over me and even hung up on me! I called my bank and they immediately took action and resolved the issue and got me my $100 back. Screw Rock Auto, because they'll screw you!"

2017-06-24

Terrible on-line retailer! I will never buy from them again!!

"Worst buying experience ever! I ordered a part in the winter, opened box in the spring to install the part... Wrong part was in the box, but they would NOT take it back or even offer an exchange due to the fact that it was beyond their return policy. Very smug and unprofessional about the whole ordeal. Never again RockAuto.com!!!"

2017-06-23

10% Error Rate, 0% Customer Service Resolution Rate

"I have bought thousands of dollars worth of parts from Rock Auto, and literally one out of every ten items and up completely wrong, they deny any responsibility, and they tell me to eat the cost. Their catalog listings have huge errors in their compatibility lists. Their telephone and internet staff know nothing about automobiles or auto parts, and more importantly, they do not care to. They ship damaged and destroyed parts. They ship the incorrect parts. They loose parts in transit. Expedited 2 day shipments get lost, and they won't do anything until ten days pass. Orders don't ship for 5+ days after the order is placed. They refuse to issue refunds on their mistakes for the parts, and refuse to ever make any refunds on the shipping costs for late and lost shipments. They claim to be "family owned" and imply high moral standards and going the extra mile for customer service, but they do absolutely nothing to resolve their problems that are their fault."

2017-06-22

Prices are a joke Amazon and Ebay blow them away. Same vendors to.

"Use PAYPAL if you want to recoup your shipping. Look at the headlight adjuster assembly for a 1979 C10 Wrong LMC truck Right. They will stand by the vendor. Thankful it was small. Use summit racing they match the parts and shipping is a lot lot faster and better."

2017-06-22

Completely Satisfied

"I ordered an upper control arm for a 2002 Honda Accord. It arrived 3 days later. The part was correct. The transaction was smooth and my car no longer sounds like a creaky old pirate ship. Thank you, RockAuto."

2017-06-20

Thieves..crooks!

"These people are not people but cons. I bought about little over 127.00 worth and this company charged an extra 10.00 for literally nothing but for themselves. Afterwards my package is received to not only find incorrect parts but older parts not purchased and was not in my cart prior to purchase. I later send it back for refund to find out they not alone stole over 1/2 my refund but completely ripped me off and now I have to file a lawsuit just to receive justice when they could have from the beginning not over charged me, sent the right part and or gave me my full refund for the parts returned. People god don't like ugly and this company is terrible!!! Even if I don't get my refund I pray for you who ponder about buying from them I urge you to please try another company. I promise you in the near future you won't regret it. It's that bad here..in Jesus name i pray you total satisfaction to the next auto parts company. AMEN!"

2017-06-19

I ordered the wrong part

"I ordered the wrong part and didn't notice it until the part was installed and the electrical connection didn't match. I called customer service and after being on hold for 20 minutes, I was finally able to speak to real person. This person was rude and condescending. He indicted that the part was installed and they would not refund the money. I completely understand this was my mistake but having never ordered a part online, I did not fully understand the ordering process. However, with that being said, I did not appreciate his tone or demeanor. I will never do business with this company again! I would also like to see the rating choice for zero stars!!"

Falsely Advertised Parts And Refused To Refund Shipping

"This company refused to refund shipping charges on incorrectly advertised parts I bought from them for my car. I provided ample information to point out the obvious mistake through multiple emails and case entries with the Better Business Bureau. They refused to consider any of it and instead relied on their flawed database to insist I was wrong. If using this company as a source for your parts, be sure to do a little extra research to make sure they didn’t make a mistake in their listing because they WILL NOT refund shipping. They’re a local business for me and I would love to support them, but I just can’t anymore. If they’ll dig in their heels over a few dollars in shipping because of incorrectly listed door hinge pins, I won’t trust them to stand behind anything they do."

3RD INCORRECT PARTS!

"I bought a radiator, the pictures show 101% correct for my mitsubishi montero 1989 V6 3.0 the sent me incorrect radiator. And this is the 3rd time. First is the waterpump housing 2nd is the shock absorber and i still have the rear wiper motor that is not working that i purchase them and the last one is this radiator.

Imagine i wasted almost $1000 for this out of their negligence or shall a say unprofessional job. I don't know if the CEO needs to fire all those lousy employees or he needs to fire himself.

I DONT RECOMMEND TO BY PARTS IN THIS COMPANY FOR NOW, UNTIL THEY FIX THE LOUSY JOB.

I'M ONLINE SHOPPERS, THE MOST AND BEST ONLINE STORE I'VE EVER TRIED AND TESTED IS AMAZON.COM AND THE NEGATIVE HORRIBLE IS ROCKAUTO.COM or #rockauto.com #rockauto

It's just like they are saying you need to put rock in your head if you purchase ROCKAUTO.COM

2017-06-18

OK Discount parts, some may be defective, DO NOT O2 SENSORS =MOST ARE BAD

"Been with them for 10 years now. Amazon does better overall, zero defects from Amazon with over 100 purchases. Still, for things like shocks and brake pads Rock Auto saves a lot. Be sure to investigate your needs properly by making sure that you have the right application, model year, etc. Always view the small pictures, double check the application guide and press "more info" and read what the manufacturer has to say about the product - before ordering. "

2017-06-17

Rock Auto doesn't properly check returned parts to ensure all items are included

"I ordered two struts for my truck. Upon opening the boxes it was obvious they were purchased and returned by someone else. The plastic packaging was removed. Unfortunately for me, Rock Auto did not properly inspect the struts to ensure all parts were int he boxes. One strut was missing replacement top nuts. I will not order from Rock Auto again."

RockAuto.com should be called RipOff.com

"I have been a customer of Rockauto.com for quite a few years. Mostly satisfied. Then recently they must have hired the staff from Hades and changed their policy accordingly. A few weeks ago I purchased a pair of Monroe air shocks from them. I installed them on my van and they leaked. I had to go out of town for a couple of weeks and when I came back I assumed that I could return them and exchange for something that works. They said no. I had 30 days to return them and I had exceeded that by two days so no dice. What about the manufacturers warranty? So sorry, there is none. Besides, they said, if they were installed on the car I couldn't return them anyway. How can I find out if they work or not if I don't install them? Silly, me, I had also assumed that an outfit like Monroe would have some kind of warranty. So with no warranty from Monroe and with Rockauto.com taking the low road I contacted my Visa card bank. They were helpful and refunded my purchase price plus shipping. Ok. Well all is good? Not! I figured it was a bit of a glitch and I was still willing to do business with Rockauto.com but when I put in my next order they declined it and said they would not sell to me until I gave them that money back. Ha! Ha! Ha! Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Not only did they stonewall me on the shocks but now they don't want to sell to me (and make money). What an idiotic business model! So, fine. They will never get that money back and they will never get another penny from me for anything. They must think they are the only parts supplier in the world. Stupid. (Sad)"

Accomplice to extortion

"I have had many successful purchases from RockAuto in the past, but now something happened that totally changed my opinion of them. Together with DHL they are operating a shady business model where RockAuto charges X dollars for shipping, and DHL charges Y dollars to actually release the package to you. X is what you agree to at the time of the purchase, Y comes as a total surprise and is not disclosed in advance. Nevertheless, DHL is telling me if I want my package, I must pay Y or they will return the package to RockAuto. RockAuto says they will refund me for the price of the parts, but didn't mention shipping - so I am screwed no matter what!"

2017-06-16

Wow! Look at those prices.

"You can't beat the prices. I bought a fuel pump for my 2002 Trans Am. So far everything is working great. I didn't have to deal with customer service or returns so can't comment on that. Shipping took a little longer than expected but very satisfied overall. Website was extremely easy to use. I will buy from agin. "

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!