• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.09/10 5.09/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.68/10 2.68/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.74/10 1.74/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.58/10 1.58/10

"I do not recommend ordering any parts from Rockauto.com. They knowingly sold me a catalytic converter that was illegal in CA. At the time of purchase the part was not clearly designated accordingly. "

modified review This review was modified by Notsomadscientist on September 21 2014 05:19:05 PM

"i bought an air pump 2 years ago for my 2005 gmc envoy purchased AC DELCO cause it was the best brand and most expensive so i didnt want to go cheap and have the same problem again. i went thru rock auto since i hear all the infomercials and commercials so i figured go with a reputable comp. well here i am now 2 years later buying another pump at 170 DOLLARS which def wont b thru rock auto since they told me that the warranty was 2 years thing is a air smog pump is not like brakes that have to be changed every couple of years it should last you for the life of the truck or at the least more then 2 years. basically my mechanic told me that it was a defective smog pump. needless to say rock auto is all about flash and dash and advertising but not about customer svc and quality products. in a nut shell "BUYER BEWARE""

modified review This review was modified by danofr8 on September 19 2014 06:42:25 PM

"I was introduced to RockAuto.com by my dad after comparing parts online with all the major retailer's Web sites. He said I should check them out. I'm THRILLED! They had the exact same part, same manufacturer and everything, as one of the retailers. RockAuto had it online for $74, the retailer had it for $120. With tax and shipping I paid $84 through rockauto.com. It showed up early and I was impressed with how well the part was packaged for shipping. It was exactly what I needed and fit my vehicle better than the original part. "

"I have used Rockauto many times for parts to my Jeep GC 98. No problems at all. Very fast shipment and competitive prices. Will continue to use."

modified review This review was modified by HelgeS on September 15 2014 04:05:43 AM

"I placed a order for my 97 Honda civic for body filler panels. what I was shipped was a completely different part. rock auto told me they could not come up with a good answer as to why it was wrong and had no solution. but because there computer said it was the right part I still has to pay for the shipping. so if you order the right part for your car and its wrong. your still responsible for shipping . I will never b uy from here again. and being in the parts world all of my customers will be told this story."

"I've used RockAuto.com for a few years now. I'd say that I order parts from them at least 10 times per year and at first everything was great, but it seems as though the quality of service has been on a downward slide over the last year and a half.

The first issue I had was for an ignition coil. When I received it, the coil's box was damaged and the coil had a crack in it. The brown outer box that the coil was shipped in showed no damage at all, so I can only assume it was sent this way. They sent a replacement part and all was well. Since that time (roughly 1-1/2 years ago) my orders have been hit or miss. Sometimes I'll get exactly what I ordered, sometimes they'd be the wrong item, sometimes damaged, and the one I hate the most....brands substituted for other brands. I shop there because I know exactly what brand I'm looking for and I don't want something else. If it's unavailable, please let me know so I can make other arrangements.

I will add a few of the times that my orders have been wrong or damaged, the cost was so low on them that I was instructed to just do what I wanted with them and they sent out replacements or a refund. The cost of shipping outweighed the cost of the part value to them.

It's been going on this way for at least the last 10-15 orders I've placed with them, so needless to say I'm beginning to reach the end of my rope with them. To be fair and honest, more than half of the time my orders are okay and I've never had any issues with the customer service reps as others have stated here. Every time I've had a problem they took care of it with no problems. I don't know how others talk to the CS reps, but I speak to them the way I want to be spoken to; with respect. Maybe that's the difference in my case? Who knows? All I can say is that I've never had anyone be rude to me. I will say that if that does happen I'll no longer shop there. It's one thing to be rude, but it's totally uncalled for when the problems originated on your end.

modified review This review was modified by Mikethemechanic on September 11 2014 04:04:54 PM

"I ordered a valve cover gasket for my 98 subaru legacy 2.2L NOT 2.5L
they sent me valve cover gaskets for a 2.5 felpro clearly states that its for a 2.5 no where on there does it list a 2.2L
i called them out on this and they seem to just want to argue with me, be condesneding and rude. they clearly did a mistake and dont want to own up to it. i should have simply went somewhere else. these guys have wrong parts that are just horrible and dont care about service at all

modified review This review was modified by saranykm1 on September 02 2014 11:38:11 AM

"I WILL NOT be using rockauto.com ever again thier customers service was RUDE an no where on there receipt does it say they have a 30 day return policy. "

modified review This review was modified by DavidBice on August 28 2014 01:06:24 PM

"I bought a starter motor for my old mazda that I couldn;t buy here in NZ. Turned up four working days later was re-furbished looks and works like new. This was probably the best international purchase I have made - certainly the fastest. Also The tracking of the parcel is excellent. Ive bought a lot of parts here in NZ - from slow asses - that have taken way longer to arrive than from America. I will only buy from Rock Auto now"

modified review This review was modified by JohnKaka73 on August 18 2014 12:57:19 PM

"This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with. I placed an order on the 12th and it went from Indiana to Illinois and there it sits for 5 days. Wonder when it will make it to Arizona??????????????????????"

"I have ordered from rockauto.com dozens of times. Orders always delivered in a timely manner, competitive prices.

It's a little strange that they don't offer phone ordering, but If you're OK with ordering online the prices can't be beat.

modified review This review was modified by 67syndicate on August 15 2014 03:47:23 PM

"RockAuto has become a company to avoid. RockAuto's customer service has seriously declined. Their customer service has not just gotten worse; it's gotten horrible. It may be the worst company I've dealt with in five years. They talk to their clients like they couldn't care less if you have a problem. They will attempt to make your life miserable instead of fixing a situation or refunding money. The idea is to make your life so miserable that you give up. It seems their quality has decreased rapidly in the last few years. The problem with the poor service could be somehow related to company culture, as RockAuto's customer service manager, Adam is getting a reputation for treating clients like dirt, snide comments to customers, a go f#ck yourself attitude, and generally making life difficult for customers. I have been a fan of RockAuto in the past. However, I can no longer recommend them after the continuous problems that I and others are having and reporting. I called the owner/ceo of the firm and failed to receive ANY response."

modified review This review was modified by RockAutoBlowsBig on August 08 2014 07:24:20 AM

"my first few orders about three years ago went well. but times have changed i guess. the last 5 orders i have made were horrible.

they sent the wrong part in a torn up box with the right part number, like they just threw any tie rod end into the box i ordered.

i ordered a caliper from them, i called to ask specifically if it came with the caliper mounting bracket and they said yes it arrives and nope. they just look at the picture on their web site and judge from there. they will never check with a manufacturer for you.

same with a brake master cylinder. i called to ask if it came with the reservoir as shown in the picture. of course they said yes. when it arrives nope no reservoir.

second master cylinder ordered this time it has the resiviour. but installed the pedal sinks slowly(bad seals)

power steering rack ordered. it arrives and is installed it is notchy. i call them and they refuse return because the model year is different then my car but they are the same car 1983-1987 corolla rwd. are all the same i ordered a 84 because the 85 wasn't in stock....???? i don't know why because they're the same part number.
after that i adjusted the pinion preload and it works fine it was just refurbished improperly, but now i voided the warranty because i had to fix their problem.

they are rude and demeaning over the phone. i was actually yelled at by an individual say we wont return your part F off.
it is impossible to return parts they seem to avoid it at all costs. and if you do get an approved return label you have to pay.
so if they send the wrong part they wont accept liability.

the savings is not worth the hassle. go to local stores (checker,oriley,pepboys,autozone,napa,carquest,partsplus)
because at those places if they say F off they will get fired

"It's all good until you actually talk to someone on the phone.
Customer service reps worst I've dealt with ever, they actually
hung up on me. Would not let me explain the issue, talked over me, did I say talked over me? Guy was a complete jerk,
very rude. I've maybe called twice in the last 6 years and those experiences were iffy as well, this one takes the cake.
I was ok with the online automated returns, but when I completed the automated line of questioning to process the return by answering to the best of my ability with the given choices, the end result was incorrect. It did give me a refund without having to ship back the part, but the reason listed for the
return was wrong. It was very clear someone stole the fuel pump out of the box and put a
similar replacement part back in to return for credit, I have worked in the industry for 40 years, this
is nothing new or surprising, and this was an older, closeout part that had obviously
not been checked. Not RA's fault, but there was no way to note this issue in the returns form.

As an honest consumer, I felt I was obligated to call Rock Auto and explain
the specific reason for the return That was a big mistake, the Rep was such an arse, it's 2
hours later and I still feel like crap. Thanks a bunch Rock Auto, you've got some honest
bad customer service reviews coming your way.

modified review This review was modified by JamalSpelling on July 26 2014 10:23:27 AM

"they sent parts for my car that didn't fit then want you to pay to return them would never order a thing from them in the future will go to amazon first"

modified review This review was modified by frank58 on July 15 2014 06:40:39 AM

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!