Stores > RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 6.85/10 6.85/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.80/10 3.80/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10

2016-05-18

Nothing Fits!

"The catalytic converter, part number 55370 for my Galant was not "EVEN" close to the right size to fit. An after market brand from Walker that "HAD" to be made in some off shore country. Then the promotion for a $60 debit card was rejected by Tenneco because someone in the mail room lost the Bar Code I sent with the paper work. I had to cut off the converter and weld it to the existing pipes. No more RockAuto."

This review was modified by bill-62463 on May 18 2016 09:34:47 AM

2016-05-11

Horrendous customer service

"I'm was a loyal customer of rockauto since 2012. I have done the average repair for half of not even less than that. There prices are good but their customer service is honestly stupid. I bought a full suspension system for my vehicle only to get shipped out the two rears and two left. Well I'm sure I was as idiotic as the customer service rep was that might not be a problem. However I'm not that stupid and I want what I paid for. So in calling customer service to fix the issue I am forced to pay return shipping for a part they mispicked and I am left with an unusable car that will sit in the driveway until they receive the wrong part and then send me a new one. Now is it really my fault here that I'm left having to pay for their mistake. I in all honest don't think that is good customer service and will be finding a better place to shop. "

This review was modified by FloydD on May 11 2016 09:56:58 AM

2016-05-11

Be prepared to wait...and wait...and wait...

"I ordered a part on Saturday and chose 1-day shipping (at additional cost). Within minutes, I was notified by email that my credit card had been charged. Shortly thereafter, I got a notification that the item had shipped (but upon reading the 'fine print' details, said it would not ship until Monday, but I should have my part Tuesday. It is now Wednesday, and the tracking number STILL shows that the label was created, but no indication that the part has been picked up. I tried contacting RockAuto via email yesterday afternoon, but I have not yet received any reply.

I was OK with not having my vehicle until Tuesday evening, but since the part didn't show (and customer service email is non-responsive) I have no idea how long I'll be without my car. RockAuto savings may be worthwhile IF you can wait - but moving forward, I will not use them for any time critical repairs. In today's day and age of information access, this is beyond unacceptable. Pay for a premium service, only to be ignored.

2016-05-07

Great ordering system - absolutely horrendous customer service

"I usually order parts from this website because they are the only place that offer such a great system to find your parts and order them. But, if you plan on ordering you better do your homework or you're out of luck for returning. I ordered some parts to repair the cylinder head of my 1993 Acura Integra, only to find that two of the parts I ordered did not fit. I thought to myself "well, they'll understand if their parts did not fit". I couldn't have been more wrong. I wrote an e-mail explaining my situation... 3 days later got a response to the effect of "you waited too long to report this error, there is nothing we can do". I went back and forth for about 2 weeks and could not get it resolved. They really do not care about customer satisfaction.

Also, shipping seems to be a scam. If you put 4 items in your cart, I can almost guarantee you they will show different warehouses. I was able to test this theory by adding different 4 parts, a couple weeks apart. They are ALWAYS in different warehouses. Weird huh?

2016-05-06

rockauto scammed me

"I went to purchase a fuel pump, was listed in ad under fuel pumps. Ad and receipt said fuelpump. when i received it , it was a sending unit no pump. Rockauto admits they listed it wrong, and will not send the right part or make it right. I have to return part, will be over two weeks without vehicle."

This review was modified by krispen on May 06 2016 10:38:53 AM

2016-05-02

Terrible customer service.

"I have ordered parts from Rock auto several times in the past without issue. Recently I ordered an exhaust system for my mother in law's car. The order was placed a week early so the parts would be ready for the weekend. Most of the parts arrived within a few days minus one part which was scheduled the following day. When the second shipment arrived, I had a second exhaust system with an incorrect resonator. I contacted them and told them about the extra parts and incorrect resonator. The customer service person told me they would not send me the correct part until I returned the others. From the other reviews, I see they do not take credit for their mistakes and inconvenience the customer every chance they get. They could have shipped a $40 part and made things right, but chose to lose another customer. Buyer beware, these guys don't value good customers. The money saved isn't worth the hassle."

This review was modified by Matrick on May 02 2016 06:44:27 AM

2016-04-17

**Buyer Beware** Purchase at your own risk! Products may be used/opened!

"I've been a RockAuto customer since Oct 9th, 2005 which is when I made my first purchase. Back then RA had a great "no-hassle" customer support. Just recently I purchased a Timing Belt Kit for my vehicle and with most reputable gasket manufacturers like Gates, Felpro, Beck/Arnley; their items always comes sealed with a tamper evident seal/shrink wrap. When that seal is ripped or missing, the part had been opened. This is what happened to me when I received my kit. My kit came open with the seal missing and I filed a return/replacement and the rep called me back and said it's not returnable. She justified that from time to time, the workers in the warehouse would open the products to confirm all the parts are inside before shipping it out.

This type of business practice just doesn't make sense at all. When I purchase something as "New", I expect it to be unopened and un-tampered with. It is EXTREMELY risky to the consumer end to take RA's word that some items are opened before it's shipped because you don't know if a previous buyer opened the item, swapped parts or did whatever the hell they did to it and returned it back. In the end, YOU end up taking the risk by potentially installing used, incorrect or faulty parts onto your vehicle.

Needless to say, I had to go back and forth with multiple reps before they finally understood what I was getting at. I had to submit photo evidence and run around hoops so they would authorize a replacement and provide a prepaid return shipping label. I would have gladly paid more for the same part on other retail sites (such as Amazon or eBay) knowing I could have avoided unnecessary frustration.

Once again. BUYER BEWARE. If you do order from RockAuto, do so with due diligence and research your parts!

This review was modified by Jayeeyee on April 20 2016 01:11:07 PM

2016-04-14

Rude customer service & Misleading Shipping to Canada

"Avoid rock auto if shipping to Canada!
They have two cheap options for shipping to Canada, one is economy mail and the other is ground consolidated. I paid for the more expensive ground option. The Rock Auto.com website faq has this to say about shipping: Note: Any shipping methods with the word "Mail" or "Post" in the title will ship using a postal carrier such as USPS, Canada Post, etc. Any other shipping methods will ship using FedEx, UPS, DHL, Freight, etc. We ship using our warehouses' preferred carriers so there is not an option to choose between FedEx or UPS, for example

Again for clarity I "paid" for ground consolidated not "Economy Mail" yet the idiots sent it in the mail and are trying to blame me for this even though my order confirmation quite clearly states that I picked & paid for "Ground Consolidated".

So two things are quite apparent: 1. They never admit when they make a mistake, they always blame the customer.
2. There is no difference between economy mail & ground consolidated except for the price which they pocket.
Bottom line: Avoid if in Canada. Ripoff shipping. Misleading website FAQs.

2016-04-09

Wish I would of found them Sooner

"A friend told me about Rock Auto a few months ago. > I ordered parts at midnight on a Thursday (2-4-16) and 80 % of them were delivered to my shop by 9:00 a.m Sat. (2-6-16).. Received the remainder of my order by Monday. Less than 3 & 1/2 days to receive all my parts. ( They saved me about a $1,000 on my very first order. ) ... I just placed another Order Sunday night (4-3-2016) & received all the parts by Wednesday afternoon. ( saved me another $150.00 ) ... SUGGESTION to All Customers: cross-check the PART NUMBERS on the Rock Auto Ordering page with your local auto parts outlet PRIOR to ordering & you shouldn't have any problems getting the Right Part/s needed....If you do your PART, They'll do theirs. ... I ONLY have one Gripe: > I WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THEM SOONER. Have a Grand Day , Douglas in Tucson."

2016-04-08

Mustangs in the UK.

"I have been using rockauto for a good few years as i have had a 97 Mustang GT , And now a 05 GT. I have used both as my daily drive with about 12k a year. Rockauto helps me run a cool car real cheap, cheaper than parts for euro cars here, Service is great with real fast delivery , Usualy in a few days!, They have always had everything ive needed and i cant get over how cheap, Even with shipping. Will always use them , Thank you."

This review was modified by azzafletch on April 08 2016 03:10:13 PM

2016-04-04

Could NOT return a $40 item!

"I made a mistake on a $40 dollar item and I could not return it!! Not even a credit!!
I ordered wrong item which looks very similar to the correct item (Oxygen Sensor) plug was different. They would NOT except a return!
That's the last time I order something from Rock Auto (rip-off Auto).

This review was modified by Symmike on April 04 2016 10:27:50 PM

2016-03-31

Swindled - Beware

"Paid $ 12.72 for stainless steel part and received standard part priced at $0.94. Customer Service Rep refused to make refund of shipping and return shipping of nearly $10.00. Beware"

This review was modified by frankiahmed on March 31 2016 12:16:10 PM

2016-02-07

Great prices and quick delivery

"Car parts are not cheap. So it's ideal to shop around. Over the past year, every part I have needed ended up being cheapest and hardly a hassle to order through rockauto.com. Every order has been exactly what I expect it to be and every order has been prompt for delivery. "

2016-01-27

Excellent Service

"I just purchased a Front Wheel Bearing Hub for my Ford Ranger and it arrived in a timely manner and was a great price. I see some bad reviews but I think when purchasing auto parts you have to do your research and make sure of the part you need because with so many makes and models its easy to get it wrong. I would definitely use them again

NMB

This review was modified by NMBJR on January 27 2016 03:53:11 PM

2016-01-23

Robb N. Canyon Country CA... A Happy customer

"I do not understand a lot of the complaints.... I know what I am buying and I know how to install it... So I do not need to call the 800 number.... The selection is good, prices are excellent, shipping is fast and I have not had a problem with returns... I have several cars and fix them all my self... I do about two orders a month and will continue to do so..."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!