• RockAuto.com
    • Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.19/10 5.19/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.11/10 2.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.35/10 1.35/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.22/10 1.22/10

"I loved rock auto until my last order. I purchased a new wiper pulse board for my truck and when I got it, it was used. It looks like someone took the new one out and put a used one back in the package. I called and told them what happened and was told to return the part. I e mailed customer service and told them about it and was told I could return the part and as soon as they verified fed ex had it in their possession they would ship me a new one at no cost. I ended up getting the new one but a few weeks later when I got my credit card statement I noticed they had charged me for it. I called to see what the problem was and they told me that I still had to pay for it, and the at no charge only meant I wouldn't be billed more for it. They refused to give me any type of discount for dealing with the issue. I will never use rock auto again and strongly recommend that no one else does either"

This review was modified by cac544 on July 01 2015 03:35:57 PM

"i have used rock auto several times and loved until my last order. i ordered a part which they sent but had defects, when i installed the part my fan belt would not fit when i called to return the part they said it could be returned but they would not reimburse me for my shipping costs, which was $80, so long story short i paid $80 and received nothing in return so i gave rock auto the benefit of the doubt and spoke with a customer representative and asked if they could atleast give me a in store credit so i could stay a customer and his reply was there is nothing i can do for you, I would not recommend anyone to use this site, it is very hard for any individual to justify spending $80 for their mistake. for insurance it is much wise to spend the extra 20-30 bucks and order your parts from a parts store, they will honor their mistake. "

"ordered coolant recovery tank for my 04 seville on 6/25, delivered on 6/27.Thanks Rockauto for amazing service and great price"

"I have been buying auto parts from Rockauto.com for several years, good parts good prices. I had been a happy customer until last week. I open the box which should contain a steering rack only to find someone else's piece of crap steering rack that I assume was returned to recoup the core charge. So I call rockauto to inform them of what I received - "oh sorry, return that one and we will send what you ordered" Yeah they will do that after I return this POS. So let me understand: You send me a useless piece of garbage and I can't get what I already paid for until I correct your mistake. I paid expedited shipping because my daughter was driving 400 miles (round trip) for me to fix her car so that was wasted and I am sure I will get no end of excuses from rockbottomauto about why they can't refund shipping charges. If they had owned up to their mistake and shipped me a new rack the same day I would have been fine but now I will NEVER buy anything from them no matter what the cost."

"great prices but very hit or miss on the prodcut descriptions - I ordered a part base don the description that should have fit my vehicle, but didnt and they ABSOLUTELY REFUSED to take any blame for their horrible description - resulting in me being charged shipping both ways to return the part.
After customer service like that I told them they'd lose me as a customer for ever and they didnt bat an eyelid.

This review was modified by joblingm on June 16 2015 12:48:02 PM

"I have been using Rock Auto for over 10 years.
I have never had any of the problems that are described by the people in this survey!
When I ordered the wrong part, the were great at the return process. One time a fan came with a different connector, I called Customer Service, I actually got to speak with an expert at the factory. Rock Auto always has a great selection and priced 1/3 lower than local walk in stores. I have placed dozens of orders and have been 100% satisfied.
On another order, I ordered it on Monday AM and I got it when I got home...WOW

This review was modified by jon_r_beaty on June 11 2015 10:01:56 AM

"Bad company. Do not use. takes them over a week to ship under 200 miles. ship wrong part and have no concern about effects on customer. Rude customer service people. PLEASE AVOID! Will try and rip you off. Be sure item in box is what you ordered and is new, not some cheap imitation. Can not trust them, even when you are talking to customer service. Go else where for your parts. "

This review was modified by screweduser44 on June 08 2015 11:57:37 AM

"Lesson learned here. I orderd three parts all from the same manufacturer. Rock Auto really didn't have inventory so they really didn't know status on stock. Two parts arrived dropshipped with no status on the third part shipment and NO notice from RA. Turns out the manufacture didn't have inventory on the third part. Project delayed a week to find another supplier. What did Rock Auto do....nothing....no notice....had to call in to find out what happened. They offered a refund on the part and a $1 credit on shipping from $16 shipping for three parts. Bottom line is THEY ARE A BROKER OF PARTS WITH NO INVENTORY AND NO SERVICE.

"I'm from Canada. I ordered 12 items on April 22th via consolidated shipping, only received one. They refunded the 11 other items, and charged me Fedex Express Shipping on the received item despite me requesting and paying for the cheapest consolidated option. This jacks the price of my single item to considerably more than what I would pay locally. When requesting the difference (Fedex express minus cheaper consolidated shipping), they are no longer replying to my emails. This was my last purchase at RockAuto."

This review was modified by Xcessiv on June 02 2015 12:02:14 PM

"as I have found out reading the reviews here and right on rock autos site, as long as your order goes through smoothly, we love them! but as soon as you have to deal with the customer service things go bad in a hurry, I ordered a heater core for my 1973 classic corvette, and anyone who works on a classic knows LIFE happens before your hobby and you don't get to things as you had hoped, I had surgery, when I got to installing this heater core it was more than a inch thinner and would not fit the heater case properly, instead of the 1- year warranty the part has, I got zip! part number 94554 spectra. I called and e-mailed both to explain, also the part is clean, still in the original box as clean as the day I received it! got nothing"

"I ordered 2 parts from Rock Auto on 5/21/15 paid for 2DAY EXPRESS delivery. On 5/22/15 I called at 8am to see if they could cancel the order due to the fact I had found out the part was a recall item an the dealer had to fix for free. I was told the order already went out. Delivery was to be 5/26/15 cause Mon was a holiday. Checked my order status NOT being delivered til 5/27/15. Called to get 2day shipping refunded Josh argued with me that 5/22 didn't count as 1 shipping day REALLY if I had known that I would have had it come regular mail 3-5 business days being as that what it was going to take anyway. BAD BAD business will not order parts from them EVER again. For $14 got a pissed off customer hope it was worth it. Tina "

"Would not let me cancel my order. They told me I had to wait and receive it then I could pay to send back. I received the package after putting a stop payment thru my bank. they still sent me the package, I tried to be honest and send it back since I never paid for it. They said no I had to pay to send it back and only after I lift my dispute and they charge me so I can request a refund. "

This review was modified by dirtwheels316 on May 21 2015 06:15:10 PM

"Shipping can be strange and cumbersome. Instead of one shipping rate / fee if different parts ship from different warehouses shipping costs can pile up and work to negate savings. This makes you try to cherry pick parts shipping from the same warehouse so you don't have to pay shipping a few times on a single order. That's a game I don't really want to have to play.

Returning parts is the same deal. You have to pay shipping to to different warehouses get your refund. $$$shipping$$$

Maybe I'm used to Amazon and how slick their purchasing / low shipping costs / free return shipping is, but it seems to me that RockAuto could do better. And their customer support sucks; terse, unfriendly, unhelpful.

That gets them a low grade in my book

This review was modified by unsatisfiedwithRockAuto on May 21 2015 08:20:22 AM

"These people/kids are some of the most UNHELPFUL individuals I have ever had to deal with.

I needed extra help in cancelling an order and the teenager on the other end of the phone couldn't get me off the phone fast enough. Indeed one lazy son of a bitch.

Rock Auto says they do not take your money until the product ships: this is of course pure BS as I checked and it was gone is SECONDS; after I called them on this they blamed it on my bank for lack of telling the truth.

I will never do business with these Jackasses again; they hire kids and you get what you pay for. Stay far away from these money-grubbers.

This review was modified by boogersareme on May 20 2015 06:51:28 AM

"Update on my order from Rockauto. Rockauto sold me 16 DNJ valve lifters made in China. 5 of the 16 were defective; they never worked. The clearance was 5 to 10 thousands of an inch and the car made more noise than it did when I took it apart. Rockauto refused to give me my money back. So I went the bank. The credit card company tells me that I can't get a refund since I did not send the parts back - these are the parts that Rockauto refused to take back. What about my labor? I broke my back for 12 hours disassembling this car and putting it back together - Rockauto does not care - they refuse to give me my money back. In addition, the Chinese water pump Rock auto sold me in March 2012 has already gone bad (5000 miles on it) - I replaced it with a Japanese water pump that works perfectly. I replaced the Rockauto DNJ lifters with Mallory Japanese lifters - work perfectly."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!