Stores > RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.86/10 5.86/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.76/10 2.76/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.36/10 3.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
2017-02-24

Horrible

"Absolutely horrible experience. They double charged my card, sent me the wrong parys, and two weeks later I am STILL waiting for a resolution. I called customer service (ha), I was yelled at, belittled, and they refused to let me speak with a supervisor. I will never buy from them again or recommend them to anyone."

This review was modified by irishcelt on February 24 2017 10:45:01 AM

2017-02-22

Misrepresentation

"I was sold a seal which was labeled as a lock ring. The sesl came in a package labeled as a lock ring but Rockauto's customer service blamed their supplier and refused their obligation as a vendor. Beware of these people especially where shipping from. The shipping can outweigh the cost of the part. They charge shipping from the suppliers warehouse if they don't have it in stock. On one occasion while shopping their shipping charges on one item was $72 as it was coming from another country. "

This review was modified by Pamjammers on February 22 2017 06:00:06 AM

2017-02-14

Parts from RockAuto

"Great parts with a variety of price ranges and name brands to choose from. Shipping is very reasonable and fast. If Warranty on any damaged or missing parts are dealt with quickly and fast.
Very Happy with their phone customer service with question.. Recommend to several friends.

This review was modified by amopar4em on February 14 2017 02:45:01 PM

2017-02-05

Don't order parts! With core charge!!

"Bought ball joints for my GMC truck, no problem, then order brake caliper there was a $22 core charge plus shipping to Canada but they failed to say the return shipping would cost more then the core return. Even though part came from Canada I would have to send back to states.
Ended up paying about same as if I bought locally.

This review was modified by Rwkehler on February 05 2017 07:15:02 AM

2017-02-02

Shocks

"My shocks went out in 3 months. Just garbage. Should have spent the extra money to buy better in the first place..CHEAP CRAP......."

This review was modified by shelleyduncan on February 02 2017 09:45:01 AM

2017-01-24

wrong part!! no refund!!

"They sent me the wrong part and did not want to take it back and ask me weird question to get out of sending me a refund.

Please please dont ever use them.

I lost $250 dollars on this transaction.

This review was modified by pgbland on January 24 2017 12:15:02 PM

2017-01-17

Poor customer service/shipping

"I ordered a part for a vehicle on 1/13/17 next day air. Called rock auto & fed ex the shipper, they said the package would arrive on 1/18/17. The moral of the story standard shipping is the same as next dynamic air in their eyes. When there is a shipping fault, it ultimately is your fault and no refund will be credited to your account. Don't bother with wasting your money on next day air. Use parts.com & ups no problems."

This review was modified by jseale35 on January 17 2017 06:00:02 AM

2017-01-10

Misleading pictures of quality parts vs junk shipped

"I bought a DEA/MARMON RIDE CONTROL transmission mount: http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3460176&cc=1378795&jsn=10 The picture displayed on rockauto website clearly displayed high quality part with corresponding $43 price.

I was shipped $5 mount sourced on Alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=41022-ac180

When I protested that what is being shipped is not what is being displayed was told that they have the rights to change parts as they see fit.
The so called CS labeled this as “part not wanted” and refused to pay for shipping back the junk part they shipped.
My request to speak to CS manager, was not answered and CS stopped dealing with my emails.

This review was modified by Imis564 on January 27 2017 04:38:44 PM

2017-01-10

Never again

"2 out of the 8 spark plugs they sent me were junk and when I tried to return them they would not give me a refund or let me return them. Their customer service was rude and demanding as well as demeaning even through email and they gave the impression they didn't care about anything but keeping there money. Not once did they apologize"

This review was modified by Mr.ford11 on January 27 2017 04:38:38 PM

2016-12-27

Tie rods

"Ordered Beck Arnley outer tie rods and kit for inner tie rods. Though RockAuto site said it would match my vehicle, the boots were wrong. Was expecting resistance from RockAuto, but they were good about refunding cost of boots. Purchased boots locally.

Their site also showed the tie rods with zerk fittings, but I actually got closed unit. I was OK with that but someone else might have gotten very upset because RockAuto doesn't take parts back once you install.

I dont think their database does a good job matching parts with correct vehicle. There should be a national database into which everyone can contribute and everyone can use to keep errors to a minimum.

This review was modified by Fixthecar on December 27 2016 12:33:34 PM

2016-12-25

Good Service Over Last 4 years

"Been purchasing auto parts from RockAuto for about the last 4 years or more. Before my online purchases I research the part and the part numbers the best I can before ordering. Service, shipping and email notices has always been within their delivery time. Once I even had my old steering rack to send back to get my core charge back. The information for return was enclosed with the new part I ordered and received a credit in my account when they received the old (core) part."

2016-12-23

Don't purchase until you read....

"Ordered a tail lamp assembly and they sent me the wrong side. They did nothing to make it right. I got my money back, but only after losing $23.00 for shipping both ways. Total waste of money and time. Go to autozone or fuckin Napa or something, at least if they give you the wrong one they will try to make it right. ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME!!"

This review was modified by hartnettd22 on December 23 2016 03:26:52 PM

2016-12-21

Customer service is gone.

"I'm done. I've ordered from these guys 4 or 5 times. 1 order the part looked like it came off of a used car. It was in horrible shape. 2nd order I received a defective thread on a balljoint that was not possible to use. and now this last order I had to buy a little $10 part and I needed it fast. It was already saturday when I needed it so I'd have to wait till even monday just so they could ship it. I paid for NEXT DAY AIR and fedex messed up. I took the day off of work so I could get my wife's car fixed because fedex said that it would be delivered on that day. So I contacted rockauto to tell them about it and to have them get refunded from fedex for missing the guarantee. You know what they came back with?! "Let us know when it comes and we'll refund you the difference for the actual service you received." What kind of penny pinching BS is that. I've already lost time at work and now can't take a day off to get my wife back on the road. Too many headache's I'd rather have just paid the $80 for a new caliper 30 miles away. Even at spending $10 plus $16 in shipping it cost me more than that with the day off of work."

2016-12-20

No ones at fault?

"Was sent a power steering pump which was incorrect. It appears that the one line listing is wrong but RockAuto claims it isn't their fault the listing is incorrect so the return shipping won't be covered. GREAT SERVICE, NOT!!!"

2016-12-13

Horrible Customer Service

"We ordered 2 parts. Total was 60 and shipping was 10. when confirmation email was sent, total was 420! We called immediately to let them know the quantity was wrong. They said they would do nothing to try to stop the order from going through and would file for fraud if we tried to have payment stopped on our end. We have done business with this company for years and they would do absolutely NOTHING to help. No apologies at all only the customer was the one who made the mistake and was wrong. After parts are received this company will never get our business again. Spend the extra money using another company who has customer service and values. They have none at Rockauto. "

This review was modified by jlwent on December 13 2016 09:06:00 PM

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!