Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.15/10 3.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.66/10 3.66/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.79/10 2.79/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-04-23

Best online parts

"Rock auto was very professional. Parts were better than original parts installed by manufacturers. Shipping was prompt and kept in touch till I received my parts. Love them. "

2017-04-21

Purchase at your own risk

"I was a repeat customer but never for my dodge ram. 2002 was start of third gen for dodge ram 1500 and 2003 for the 2500 and 3500 models. Since they require year before model, 2002 1500 parts are incorrectly listed as second gen. The tailgate latch assembly listed was not for the model year I own. They claim the factory must have used 2003 parts on my 2002 second gen dodge. The parts are not interchangeable and this is laughable except for the part that they will not give a full refund or admit they have a problem. I have owned this truck since new and have never had a similar problem, plus I don't have a second gen dodge. Beware of what you order, you may have to find a part from an incorrect year to compensate for their incompetence. Too bad they don't use some of their advertising funds to build a correct catalog. "

2017-04-20

Will never buy from them again!!!

"I was a valued customer with RockAuto. I spent thousands of dollars a year with this company ordering parts from them being in the car business. That has now come to an end. I will agree with all the other posts that the customer service for this company is horrible and one of the worst I have dealt with. I ordered catalytic converters for a 2010 Ford F-250 pickup. I received them and gave them to my mechanic to install. I only had one bad catalytic converter but they come together on 1 H-pipe so it was simply to just bolt the set on. First problem was that they did not fit at all. My mechanic had to stretch the pipe 1.5 inches just to get them to bolt on and fit correctly. After the installation the check engine came on within 5 miles of driving. Both converters tripped engine codes. We brought the truck back to my mechanic to ensure they were installed correctly and had no exhaust leaks of any kind. After that was ensured he took them off the truck and looked down into the converters with a microscope. He said the quality was horrible and didn't even resemble the honey comb look a catalytic converter should have. My mechanic had to order quality set of converters from a local parts house. That finally fixed my truck after almost 2 weeks waiting with this whole ordeal. I returned the converters back to RockAuto and they refunded me my money. Due to the whole ordeal with installing there converters, getting them to fit, than uninstalling them, I had a $300 bill. I called RockAuto and was fairly confident with them that they would help me. Keep in mind I spend thousands of dollars a year with this company. Customer service was horrible and I was treated very rudely. They would not cover the labor even though their product is faulty and of poor quality. They still continue to sell it on there website as well. I said I would not do business with them anymore if they did not help me and they did not care one bit. Do not do business with this company. There are many more reputable businesses out there. The parts are cheap for a reason here. They are of poor quality and faulty. I'm sure not everything they sell is like that, but judging by some of the reviews here I'm not alone on the subject matter. Here is the part I ordered below. Nobody order this if you have a truck like mine. Stay away. You will incur much higher costs than me as a private individual ordering a faulty item like this.

DAVICO MANUFACTURING 59366: Part: $398.99 + Original Shipping: $15.99 = Total: $414.98

2017-04-19

Bought Numerous Parts Over 12 Years 3 Terrible Returns Will Not Buy From Them Ever Again

"Rock Auto customer service use to be good, in 2005. Not any more. They changed their return and warranty policy, directing all customers to their web site. Their web site return options are set up so that you cannot describe the issue or get a satisfactory outcome. They will do little to nothing if you contact them by phone. Their customer service people are rude. They lecture the customer insinuating that it is your error. They will Not pay for return shipping on anything. Their return and warranty process, since directing all of their customers to the web site, is a nightmare. May god help someone if they have a warranty problem with a lifetime warranty part a couple years from now. The customer will have to contact Monroe or Dorman directly and explain they are dealing with Rock Auto, the manufacturer will likely help though it will be very difficult.

One example out of 3 in 2 months. Paid $300 + shipping + sales tax on top for 2 control arms. One was fine, the other was for a Honda suv, in a different box, with the wrong part number on it. I contacted them, they refused to pay for shipping on the wrong part. The car was disassembled, I ordered it from Carid which has excellent customer service. The resolution came through a card dispute after almost 2 months. I am out $21 for return shipping to this day. I contacted them prior to the credit card company, they would do nothing to help. They asked a bunch cryptic questions like what is your vin number which had nothing to do with the honda control arm the sent.

After 3 rounds of bad return experiences, I am done with this company. If this is the future of e commerce the customer is screwed. Apparently, they are saving money by removing any shred of human customer service out of their business model. The entire web site, "terms and conditions" (fine print when ordering), warranty, return form on the website itself, shipping the Wrong parts, every aspect of their online business is set up in favor of them at the expense of the customer. They can avoid paying out on future warranties, cut you off from returns after 30 days, have many junk parts, do as much as possible to make sure your parts money is going to them and not back to you regardless of what parts or buying experience you have. The customer will eat all kinds of shipping, they can reject the part, make you jump up and down, run in circles, then they say, "go fly a kite, sorry we cannot return it, help, or reimburse you."

Stay away, vote with your parts $, it would be good for the auto parts business if they where not in business.

Horrendous service

"Ordered some simple tow hook covers for my rav4 but Rockauto failed to mention that the parts were specific to a certain sub-model, the limited edition. When I inquired about getting the right parts or a refund I was told to pound sand as I had damaged one of the covers attempting to make the part fit. Take your money elsewhere."

Do Not Order Large Items

"I ordered a Fender and bumper. The freight company they ship with takes forever to start. The freight company only delivers M-F between 11-4 when most EVERYONE works and tells you someone must be there for them to drop off. The kicker is they only give you 24 hours (next day) to be there or else they send the parts back to Rock Auto and charge you the return freight. After calling Rock Auto to arrange delivery to where ever you work they want to charge you an additional delivery fee. How is that by any means good customer service??? Not to mention they do not care about the customer, refuse to work out an issue with a customer, and could quite frankly care less if you never do business with them again. Yes the prices are great but look at their reviews online. Seems like there are a lot of customers that get the shaft by them. I am never going back to buying from them again. I suggest if you are looking to buy from them for your first time pay the extra amount and get it locally. You don't even want to know what happens if you want to return a bad part or just get a refund. A refund is not a refund....it is store credit so basically you never get your money back from them. Total lack of customer service all the way around. Like I said shop locally!!! "

2017-04-16

Clutch Kit

"Ordered my clutch kit on line. It arrived three days later, and on a Saturday even. So glad they use FedEx for delivery. When I need vehicle parts, I need them as quick as possible. They beat the cost of a clutch kit from any other retailer. I mean in a big way! The kit was ridiculously cheap. It was the exact same factory part and brand too. Dodge wanted an arm and a leg for the kit. This is the exact same clutch manufacturer Dodge uses on their factory models. Don't kid yourself Mopar does not make their own line of clutches. I won't buy parts from any retailer that ships using the post office. You may never get your part. Or,it might arrive four weeks later after they get around to delivering it. This company gets it. When you order parts you order because you need them ASAP not a month from your order date. Wish other companies would figure this out. Thanks guys......you kicked **** on this item both time and price wise. I have used you a lot and love the promptness."

2017-04-16

Terrible!

"Terrible customer service! Wrong part listed on their application guide. Shipment received by me overseas 30+ days after order was placed (return period expired). Company would not assume any responsibility nor offer me "any" options like: return, free shipping on replacement, partial credit, etc. The parts were only a few dollars so, ordering from them was a cheap mistake. But, it was definitely a mistake. Customer service is an oxymoron with this company. They are willing to sacrifice a customer for a few $."

2017-04-15

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE - FED EX SHIPPING

"Paid $41.32 for overnight shipping on a Thursday evening. Expecting package to arrive on Friday or by Saturday morning at the very latest. Guess what? Their overnight will be delivered by Monday at 8pm! rockauto only goes by business days, they do not do the Saturday delivery option. rockauto is not a 24-hour business like most online companies are.
So i found out from fed-ex that the package is sitting in a container at the local facility since friday at 4:30pm. They didn't deliver it because rockauto didn't use the Saturday option and asked for delivery by Monday at 8pm. rockauto website is very difficult to find information about customer service and shipping. Now I know why! My phone call was not good, no customer service there either. I said they should have communicated and given me two day priority mail if it wasn't going to get there overnight by fedex. But hey, they would have lost out on about $30. So you pay for overnight and get two-day shipping. THIEVES!

2017-04-13

large catalog and great pricing!

"I was able to find the parts I need and place the order for the best price. Shipping was fast."

Return of damaged part

"Ordered a part and after receiving it, noticed shipping box has been torn at the corner.
Part was a heavy one and it have must been dropped and got out of its original box as well as the shipping one.
Tried to return the part as the condition can not be visually determined.
Online return process doesn't have option for damaged part, you need to pay for return shipping.
Called customer service and after trying MANY! different menu options finally got live person.
She tried to force me to use the part and install it on my vehicle convincing me that the part should be ok.
After my refusal that I do not want the part which was wrongly packed and may be damaged she said I can return it but need to pay for shipping it back.
Called again and spoke ( after PHONE MENU disaster ) with another person, same result, after stating that I will not pay for return shipping, he said they will not provide me shipping label as the part should be good.
I inform him that I can start resolving it with my Credit Card and he said that in this case they will not ship anything to me anymore.
One of the worst customer services I had deal with.

Advice:
Look at the Amazon for the parts.
Most of them had same prices and Amazon's customer service is excellent.

No customer service

"Ordered struts for lift gate, paid they fit my vehicle. They fit pressure was so high my wife could not close it. All they would do is replace the part with identical unit. Impossible to speak to live person.
Beware when they have your money it's over.

Fraud

"RockAuto.com company is fraud. Sent me the wrong parts and claim I have to pay restocking and reshipping and still they tell me they won't give me any refund.

Complete fraud! Checked the compatibility of my vehicle with parts even and they still sent the wrong parts claiming it was my mistake for ordering them even though the site said they were compatible.

2017-04-11

Loosing a customer over return shipping

"I ordered replacement brake hoses for my truck and when I attempted to install the hoses I found they do not fit my truck. The clearance is very close but it does not fit.

I was honest with their customer service and told them "Yes, it is the right part and acknowledged that it 'should' fit my truck, but they do not." After all of their questions I was told that I can return the part but since the manufacturer says it should fit, I have to pay the shipping. Their customer service rep. stated the estimate to return the part is $5 which I find absurd that RockAuto would be willing to loose a customer over $5!

I later realized had I lied to the customer service rep I might have received shipping label; instead my honesty is being held against me.

I asked to speak with a supervisor but was told that I could not. The customer service rep. stated she could pass along the information to a supervisor but if there was nothing overlooked the supervisor would NOT call me back. She said she didn't want to waste my time. I'm not sure she realized how much of my time RockAuto has wasted already. In the mean time my truck sits on jack stands!

2017-04-07

Robbers .

"cheated me out of my money and parts

"I order a ac compressor from rockauto. When it was sent to me it already looked used. It was the wrong part. When I sent it back they told me that the part was used and the will keep the part and not refund my money. This is a crappy way to treat customers. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!"

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!