Stores > RockAuto.com

• Address: 6680 Odana RoadMadison, WI
    • Contact: service@rockauto.com
    • Phone: 608-661-1376
    • Customer Support: 866-762-5288
    • Business Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    • Fax: 608-836-5694

Product & services pricing Rating 5.65/10 5.65/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.71/10 2.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.65/10 3.65/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.63/10 1.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

2016-11-16

All good - best price, correct part/worked identical to OEM

"All good - RockAuto gave me the correct part, worked perfectly (& BTW rapid response to my email, when I asked about shipping).
Part was a Fuel Pump, complete subassembly with Sending Unit, etc. (branded "Delphi", premium, made in Japan, not a cheap/generic Chinese knockoff) + Seal/Oring separate item/mfg. (Specctra, not premium but good enough, it's just an Oring).
Installaton was a pleasure and it worked immediately (I studied installation & watched YouTube videos (MULTIPLE) beforehand), & I've spent LESS $MONEY vs. anywhere else!! Also, parts arrived even 1 day earlier than scheduled, and RockAuto offers shipping by USPS in many cases - cheaper vs. UPS/FedEx/DHL/Etc (NOT every seller offers USPS)
Iam about to buy 3 other parts - from RockAuto, I don't buy it "all" from RockAuto simply b/c they don't have it "all" but whenever i can, I now started searching RockAuto before going elsewhere.
Beware, RockAuto's website is weird for some people, but appeals to me being an Engineer - it's "vintage"/Techie style. Probably created by a real computer geek, not by marketing/nonsense coders. Love the website, love the part quality/price/shipping.
On the other hand, I ordered rather small parts & under $300, I've no experience with RockAuto orderign body parts (heavy) sofar.

I think problem with some other customers is they're not knowledgeable, have not inquisitive brains, etc. and arent' engineers.
So they buy a wrogn part AND/OR install incorrectly, then blame seller.
Iam an Engineer and I canNOT even recall a single case of buying any technical item from any eTailer, e.g. Amaz***, Eb**, Newe**, BestB**, whatever, , that was bad for any reason. Sorry guys/girls, but usually you need to blame yourselves, not seller with HIGhLy TECHNICAL items - be 200% sure that what you buy, fits like OEM and you can install like a dealer. If unsure - don't blame my eTailers, I love them.
NOTE:
I suspect mostly UNHAPPY customers write reviews to "vent out anger", whereas happy ones are less likely "waste time" writing reviews - praising some vendor/seller, similarly for years was on other eTailers I cannot mention here dueto non-compete rules (New**g, Ama**n, etc.) - more negative people are inclined to write than positive.
I was looking for something else & ran into this "reviews" site, saw RockAuto suspiciously rated low? HELLO? I think I owe it to the public to write a positive !

This review was modified by metalblade on November 16 2016 05:57:31 PM

2016-11-11

Experience and Value Depend on Quality

"Poor experience because I ended up spending $133 for a $65 part because I received a defective part that had to be returned under warranty for a new part. Here's the breakdown. Part $65. Original shipping $20. Core return shipping $14. Shipping of replacement part due to defect in original part $20. Return shipping of defective part $14. Total = $133. Hardly value or quality or a good customer experience...All of the above was after receiving heavy and more fragile parts shipped together in the same box and not packaged well, causing damage to some parts that had to be replaced in the original order."

This review was modified by parkrd on November 11 2016 01:49:29 PM

2016-11-10

Speedy delivery

"I ordered a master cylinder for my car from this website! Not only did it save me a lot of money but I ordered it on Tuesday and received it Wednesday! I needed this quickly but wasn't expecting it to be that quick! I've also ordered engine coils from them as well! Same speedy delivery!"

2016-11-04

Rock Auto is GREAT - Saves me a lot of money

"I place several orders a year from RockAuto.com and I have always been satisfied with the quick shipping and the quality of what I received. Their prices (including shipping) are always lower than Oriley's, AutoZone, Advance Auto, and NAPA.
RockAuto.com has saved me a lot of money and I have only good to say about the company.

In a House
2016-10-31

Not Good Not bad ................................just useless...

"I have ordered from Rock Auto about a dozen times..

If you are looking for small light parts it can be a great place.. Mostly shipping is pretty fast

Heavy items seem to have ridiculous shipping prices..

The big issue I have is them listing parts and taking orders for parts they do not have.. Especially with parts for exotic and classic cars..

I have some rare imports that they always fail to deliver on or they send the wrong part and customer unservice dept is never good..

They are the Walmart of Auto parts.. just the prices are never as good as Walmart..

2016-10-22

What refund?

"Not worth the headache if you need a refund. They do NOT view the customer as central to the business. I asked for a refund. Now, I have no refund because it is a store credit. even after I said I am NEVER going to do business with these charlatans again. I will only buy parts from a store that I can walk into. I've never had an issue with brick and mortar store like I have had with RockAuto. "

2016-10-21

Just call them what they really are: ROCKSNOBO

"If I could give them zero stars, I would. They are not a merchant member which means they do not care what you think about them. You can have a 10000 people write badly about them and they will not be notified nor do they care to be notified. That, in itself, says a lot about the company.

ROCKSNOBO will give you low prices but they will not give you good service. In fact, ROCKSNOBO will go the extra mile to screw you like shipping 15 pound alternators with fragile items. When you ask them to exchange the damaged items, they give you a hard time by telling you to send them photos of the damage. Then they will try to discount damaged parts. Then they get huffy when you request expedited shipping for free to exchange the item.

ROCKSNOBO tracks the number of returns you make with them. If they feel like you are returning too many items, they will permanently ban you from ordering without notice.

If you repair a lot of cars, you are going to have more returns than the average customer. So, chances are, you are going to get banned by ROCKSNOBO. ROCKSNOBO will send old parts or used/returned part such as hoses that were made years ago. Old rubber is hard and it cracks.

You pay for shipping to you and back to them for unwanted parts. Its not like ROCKSNOBO is taking a loss. ROCKSNOBO is just going to send the parts back to their vendors and get back their money. But you will be banned forever from ordering from ROCKSNOBO even though it is not your fault.

These are not arm's length transactions, you have not seen what you are buying. A picture is not enough because what comes in the box maybe different than what is pictured. For example, you have not been told where the product is manufactured. If your car is built in Japan and you had a choice of choosing between a part made in Japan or China, which would you choose? That's right ...Japan. Sometimes it takes a few days to take apart a car to put in a part. Do you want to do all that labor again because you put in a cheap part that ROCKSNOBO says "compatible?" ROCKSNOBO just does not get it. All they care about is taking your money.

ROCKSNOBO has a lot of old inventory sitting in warehouses for years. Would you put 10 year old parts on your car? Its the same as going to the junkyard especially with rubber items.

A lot of the ROCKSNOBO warehouses just stuff your order into one box without even thinking that you can not put other items inside of a radiator box. The fins will get bent to say the least.
Thats how ROCKSNOBO keeps their shipping costs down. ROCKSNOBO throws everything in one big box with poor packaging and you know whats going to happen next.

All you have to do is look at the photos of ROCKSNOBO orders shipped to people on other review sites and you will realize that your time and sanity is more valuable than a few saved dollars.

These days parts are made in China and are not equal to parts made by OEM. Sometimes Chinese stuff is welded, drilled, aligned wrong. It is just made bad. For example, your car uses a rubberized metal gasket and you get a paper gasket with your part. Yeah it fits, but its not going to last long. The labor to remove and reinstall that part greatly exceeds the price difference between a good part and a cheap part. People should not be penalized for returning cheap Chinese ****. If Chinese **** breaks down under warranty and you return it, ROCKSNOBO counts it as a return against you.

Auto parts quality so far from my experience has been OE=Factory Part (Japan, Germany, USA, etc.) > Canada > Korea > Mexico > Taiwan > Thailand > China. ROCKSNOBO will not give you country of origin for the part you are ordering. You can only guess as to whats coming to your door. Certain aftermarket parts suppliers put OEM parts into their branded boxes saving you money and giving you the best quality. Without that information, you are flying blind.

ROCKSNOBO reps talk down to you as if your a dummy and act like they got a stick up their ****.

I have placed a lot of orders with ROCKSNOBO so I know 1st hand how they treat their customers. I normally do not do reviews because ultimately its your experience that counts not mine but they really ****** me off this time.

Thanks for reading my review.

This review was modified by J M E on October 23 2016 04:00:20 PM

2016-10-13

They have the cheapest prices for auto parts!

"I love RockAuto.com my Dad was the one who directed me to this website. They have everything I need for my 2000 ford explorer Xlt for really cheap prices! I got some new Wagner Thermo Quiet Mx652 brake pads for $16! I looked them up and they sell them for $48 at O'Reilly. The shipping has never been a problem for me I would recommend ordering parts on a Monday to receive them by Thursday or Friday. Check out this website and compare the auto part prices to Autozone or O'Reilly you'll be surprised."

2016-10-12

Absolutely dishonest Company

"I order a motorcraft radiator hose that clearly showed it having hose clamps that came with it. When I received it did not have the clamps. Filled out there terrible product return survey and was contacted via email. After 4 or 5 emails with Rock auto and speaking with there manager David who clearly admitted it was there fault they wanted to give me a 10$ refund. I clearly stated please just send me the clamps and it will resolve the issue. They refused to send me to two hose clamps because they claim they exceed the price of the 20$ hose. This is a company that soley does business via the web with no customer support for questions etc. so on the consumer side when ordering it is still the customers fault even if they have it falsely advertised. How is a company like this still in business. Why has not the BBB investigated these claims and asked for proof of chain emails showing and explaing each side. If a customer is clearly on the right and no resolution, how is this fair. That is not what American needs, another dishonest company getting rich off the little guy, from there misrepresentation of their products."

This review was modified by Mjr7ad on October 12 2016 07:26:22 PM

2016-10-06

These guys are crooks.......Beware

"I placed my order on Saturday October 1, 2016 at 2pm....I chose the 3day option & paid $40 for 3 day express....I received my order confirmation on Tuesday. It read items would be delivered on Thursday (1 pacage) & Friday for the 2ND. I was very concerned. I called customer service, spoke with representative who assured me "if it is not delivered on Wednesday, call back Thursay for expedited shipping reimbursement. I called today, spoke with (2) different representatives.. Both were very rude and unprofessional..They denied reimbursement, They said no one stated that.... The first prick called me a liar and stated " I've read the transcripts from yesterday and our representative did not tell you that". I hung up out of sheer anger...I calmed down and decided to call and gI've it one more try... I was connected to a different represenative. Very funny thing he reads the exact transcript and verified my statements were true...BUT their rep was misleading me! "He gave me false statements and he would be dealing with him"...I can understand Saturday or Sunday are not calculated as shipping days, but what PART of 3 pm on Thursday is?.. The represenative stated "Rock Auto does not refund ANY shipping charges ,EVER!......

BEWARE....THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS !!!!!!! Read the reviews....They speak for themselves. .......

This review was modified by Hubcap50 on October 06 2016 12:12:30 PM

2016-09-27

Incompitent

"Oredered a front bumper spoiler for 2003 corolla. Specifically ordered left side. part number TO1093108. They sent me TO1093109 which is the RIGHT side. had to cancel an appointment because they sent me wrong piece. Did exchange which took a week and a half, then AGAIN they sent me wrong part. Same wrong part they sent me in the first place; the RIGHT side. There's a big "R" on the sticker. If you don't know left from right, then you honestly shouldn't run a business or work in one. Second appointment i had to cancel, lost money because had to put a down payment on the paint. Never ordering from Rockauto again and telling all my friends who do the same. "

2016-09-25

Shipped wrong part. Retun process is terrible!!

"Ordered Spark Plugs. Received 2 of the correct plugs and 4 incorrect plugs. Filed the claim online which left me wondering if I would ever receive the correct parts. Finally found a number to call. Customer support ended up YELLED at me because I told him I feel their return process is outdated and difficult. No I'm sorry or anything just have a good day. They do NOT value their customers at all!!! Now I'm driving 60miles to get the correct parts! Thanks for nothing RockAuto you've lost a customer for LIFE!!"

2016-09-23

Very Upset Customer, ordered, paid for parts, yet they REFUSE to send them 4 days later

"They say they tried to "verify" with my bank, who I did a three way call with RockAuto, the bank and myself, everything was verified correct, phone number, address, card #, 3 digit security code, everything correct on what I typed into the website. The money is being held in my account, and ordered on 9/20, today is 10PM on 23rd, and yet they still have not shipped my very needed parts. Say they refunded my money, yet bank also disputes that, and they want me to give them another credit card, seriously???? NO WAY I PAID FOR THESE PARTS, SHIP THEM TO ME"

This review was modified by FuckRockAuto on September 23 2016 07:19:37 PM

2016-09-16

Best value in auto parts!!

"I have been ordering from rock auto for about a year. I have ordered $1000's worth of parts. for many differnt vehicles from classics to late model. domestics and imports. the only parts errors that had been shipped, where my own mistakes. I have returned cores no issues had parts not show up.. $#it happens. A quich email, they confirm and re ship the parts never a problem. supper friendly and helpfull. parts are always cheaper even with shippinf to canada than I can get them locally. If you are in a rush go to your local parts counter. Rock auto can't preform miricles. but they are very good. ive never waited longer than 2 weeks for anything even if they had to re-ship, most times less than a week to canada thats pretty good. I will continue to shop at rock out and save thousands a year doing so. "

This review was modified by BigBadBen on September 16 2016 12:57:54 PM

2016-08-22

Escroc

"J'ai acheté une pièce d'auto ils m'ont jamais livrer
ATTENTION c'est des voleurs

This review was modified by Bkam on August 22 2016 09:39:02 AM

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!