"I ordered from Roadway Tires (Pompano Beach FL) in Oct 2011. The tires I ordered were Firestone Destination LE P225/70R16 101S. I received Firestone Destination LE 215/70R15 97S tires.

I called and spoke to John McCarthy, their internet genius who insisted I placed the wrong order NEVER considering maybe the WRONG ITEM was pulled from the shelf. I was informed their computer doesn't make mistakes!

When I placed this order I was prompted to fill in several fields regarding my type of vehicle ( 2000 Lexus RX300). After putting in this info I was prompted to id the brand tires I wanted, which were Firestone.

Once this info was provide I was informed that the STANDARD size tires for my vehicle were P225/70R16. At this point I was presented with the price and the option to buy.

I clicked on buy now and proceeded to check out where I entered my address info and made payment.

One day after placing order, delivery was made/items received (Very good). Upon checking tires I notice they were not the correct size (15 vs 16) not good!

This is where it gets good! Called and spoke with John McCarty internet sales. After explaining to him my issue, his reply was "I must have ordered the wrong size tires because their computer DOES NOT make mistakes"!

I walked him thru my ordering process (where you id Make, Model & year of vehicle), which he completed on his computer and stated to me that the tire size were 225/70R16. THIS I KNEW! John further stated that he did not have that size tire in STOCK!

He further stated that "I must have manually put the wrong size in when i placed the order". How stupid is that, when their program walks you thru the process of selecting and placing the order.

Hey John, consider this "MAYBE, JUST MAYBE WHOM EVER PULLED THE TIRES FOR SHIPMENT, SELECTED THE WRONG ITEMS"!

One last thought, in my conversation with John, he stated that the size tires I wanted were not in stock.....WITH being the case, is it possible the wrong size tires were sent just to complete the order! It is something to think about that's all I'm saying!

Bottom line, the tires have been sent back to Roadway Tires, Attn: John McCarty. Lesson relearned...........

"I was extremely happy ordering Bridgestone Alenza from them. I called and they had 5 in stock. I needed 4, they shipped them Monday and I got them thursday, after I placed an order Friday. I Think the first two reviewers were not fair to Roadway. First check by email or phone if they have it, if they don't it will likely take a liitle longer but you will get it. They had best price and lower shipping with no tax versus TireRack. I will definitly order again in future. By the way I have mounted them on my Volvo already and they look great. Walmart only 10 dollars per tire to mount and one time balance. Can't beat that."

"I ordered my second set of Fuzion HRi from this company. I have been very satisfied with there prices and service. I would recommend calling them before you order to see if they have in stock if need tires right away. My first set I had to wait a few weeks as the tires I wanted where on back order at the time. This time they had 26 in stock. They ship FedEx and shipping is reasonable. "

"Trying to order a set of Indy 500 tires for my Durango. Talked to John who said the tires will be available next week on friday. I sent my order and my card was charged immediately ($362)
A couple of hours later I got email stating that tires will not be in stock for three weeks!

"I made a purchase for 4 tires on Sept. 15 2004. On Sept. 21 2004, I sent an email to ask for the status of the order. The reply said that I would have to call in the morning and talk to "Tony". I did. He informed me that the order was not in his warehouse and he would have to order it from Albany, GA. OK, fine. He said it would be on the truck and anticipated delivery at his store on Wednesday, Sept 29; then he would ship them to me and possibly be there by Friday, Oct 1.

Well, Friday gets here and I call. It is busy at the time I call. I eventually get someone and ask them on the status of my order. They tell me I have to talk to "Tony" and he will be in on Monday. I call Monday and "Tony" tells me he has talked with the warehouse in Albany and the girl he talked to was supposed to put a message to get them on the next truck for delivery. "They will be on the next truck. It will get here around 12o'clock and I will put it on FedEx at 3o'clock to be shipped out." This is similar to what he tells me. I ask him will there be any kind of compensation, i.e. expediated shipping, partial refund. He tells me that because I purchased a tire with little profit, that he cannot do anything. Lesson: Purchase discount tires, receive discount service.

Well today is Wednesday, Oct 6,2004 and Tony has just called me to let me know that it wasn't on the truck today and it may be tommorrow or Friday before he gets them, to then, ship to me. I ask him how many times is this going to happen? I ask him what is he going to do about this? His response, "I did what I was supposed to do; I placed the order." I then ask him about delivery. "Aren't you supposed to deliver, as well?", I say. He tells me he will call on Thursday, Oct 7, and Friday, Oct 8 if they come in. I tell him that I will anticipate his call on Friday, (because my expectations arent that high). Lesson: Anticipate the worst to avoid the "let down" and to save the excuse.

I will follow up on this, the story of the tires with "too much grip."

Roadway Wholesale Tire is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Roadway Wholesale Tire is not a merchant member
Roadway Wholesale Tire does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!