• Address: 427 SR 207 Suite 104
    • Contact: service@roadbikeoutlet.com
    • Phone: (855) 762-3245
    • Customer Support: (855) 762-3245
    • Business Hours: 9AM - 5PM EST M-F

"I purchased a Vilano Forza 3.0 bike. I purchased the pro-build option for 69.00. I would advise anyone buying the pro-build, buyer beware. They list several detailed items that are performed during a pro-build. My experience had 3 of these items partially performed or not at all. I felt very little time was taken and no pride in the workmanship was displayed on the pro-build.

The first item I noticed was that only one pedal has a very small dab of lubricant grease applied to one small area of the pedal threads. The second pedal had nothing applied. The crank did not contain any lubricant on those pedal threads either. I guess their view was if a small dab was applied it would somehow lubricate all the threads. I emailed them about this and was told they don’t place very much grease on the pedal threads because they don’t want to create a mess.

The second problem was with the front derailleur. This was poorly adjusted as it would not shift through the chainrings smoothly. Often it required clicking the shifter twice to move the chain one chainring. After a few rides, I decided to spend the time to adjust it myself. After about 20 minutes of time, I readjusted it and it shifts correctly. The email response from RoadBike Outlet on this problem stated it would take a bit of time to move smoothly, and will be tricky shifting for a time.

The third problem was with the rear wheel not being trued. The pro-build states they would true the wheels. The front wheel was trued, but the back was not. RoadBike Outlet asked for a video showing the rear wheel. I provided them with a video showing how the rear wheel was not trued.

Ultimately RoadBike Outlet did refund me the 69.00 for the pro-build. However, I don’t feel the company really prides itself on workmanship. And would caution anyone who decides to purchase the pro-build. Make sure you check the workmanship.

modified review This review was modified by intermission1900 on July 08 2013 06:29:45 PM

"I purchased a kestrel rt 1000 road bike. A great bike at a great price. Customer support was great from pre order to assisting me in getting the bike setup. Prompt and knowledge responses by email and the phone. I have bought alot of stuff on line and these guys did an outstanding job."

"The product got here promptly and was extremely easy to assemble."

"My order was quick and correct. Arrived faster than they said it would have."

"Thought the dealer was great and communicated well. "

"Fast shipping, good product"

"Bike arrived on time and there was no damage. I was very pleased with all of my dealings with Road Bike Outlet. I'm happy with the quality of the product and the price also. I would recommend this vendor to others without hesitation. Keep up the good work Road Bike Outlet. "

"Bike was scheduled to be delivered yesterday and hasn't even left Jacksonville, FL. "

"Fast service,great to do business with."

modified review This review was modified by Ddowdinc on January 29 2013 07:07:27 PM

"Top notch customer service, very responsive to email inquiries. Can't beat their prices either, plus free pro build on my bike. Thanks"

"Rep on phone was extremely nice and helpful. The bike was delivered as promised. Assembly was easy. Bike is nice. Thanks. I'll recommend to anyone interested in buying a new bike."

"Great Price, Great Service."

"Had a WONDERFUL shopping experience. The staff was extremely helpful with the order and shipping, making the entire experience absolutely splendid. "

"A wonderful experience, fast and easy."

"The parts need to be quality checked a bit more. The overall bike was great once put together. But that was with myself having put together multiple bikes and being technically savvy. I know the recommendation is to have a mechanic check it over, but even then, the tollerence of the parts was a bit too far off from how is should've been from factory. I do beleive the bike is great for the price, just would like to see a bit more quality control. It wouldn't saved a lot of time from altering components."

Road Bike Outlet is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Road Bike Outlet is not a merchant member
Road Bike Outlet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!