Stores > Road Bike Outlet

9AM - 5PM EST M-F
      (855) 762-3245
      service@roadbikeoutlet.com
      (855) 762-3245

Voice your opinion! Review Road Bike Outlet by clicking a star below.
2017-01-21

""Great Price, Great Service." I have read a revie here: https://allsizebikereviews.com and bought new bike:)1"

2015-05-29

"Apparently the Vilano bikes sold on Wayfair are purchased through Road Bike Outlet. If I knew I was purchasing from these guys then I would have taken my money elsewhere.

Both the front and back wheels arrived with a slight bend that got progressively worse over the next few weeks, so I took it to my local bike shop. They said since it was a new bike, the wheels should be replaced by the manufacturer. I contacted Wayfair, and they had Road Bike Outlet contact me saying I need to get it tuned up.

It didn't seem right that I had to pay more money out of pocket to get a damaged product fixed. According to Phil at Road Bike Outlet, the product description does not say that bikes arrive tuned... following Phil's genius logic, well... the product description doesn't say it arrives untuned either. I've purchased bikes online before, and while yes, the gears and brakes require a tune up, you'd expect the wheels to be in good working condition.

If I am buying a new bike, I'm assuming it arrives undamaged, and if it is damaged, then I'd expect the seller to send replacement parts or reimburse me to get the bike fixed.

Save your time and money and avoid buying Vilano bikes on Wayfair, or anything from Road Bike Outlet in general.

2015-01-19

"I had issues with a cycle trainer product but the customer service department has now fixed the issue."

2014-10-27

"I recently purchased a bike for my dad from RoadBikeOutlet.com but the bike arrived with a broken gear shifter. Obviously, I wanted to return it and get a refund so I called customer service. The customer service manager, Phillip, informs me that the return label will cost $28.11. In addition, I will have to pay the original outbound shipping cost of $28.11 PLUS a restocking fee of $36.90 based on the condition that they receive the returned package (whatever that means). Not to mention, I paid $69 for the pro build that my dad will not get to benefit from and is non-refundable. Long story short, it'll potentially cost me $93.12 just to return the bike and I'm out $69 for the pro build; a total of $162.12.
Considering how much it'll cost to return the bike, I asked the rep if there's any flexibility. Phillip just recites the return policy and shows zero sympathy. In fact, he gets sarcastic and tells me to read return policies the next time I order products online.
Maybe it's just me, but it's ridiculous that they will charge the customer $36.90 based on the condition they receive the package; however, when the customer receives a broken product, Road Bike Outlet takes zero responsibility AND they want me to pay the outbound shipping cost. Needless to say, take your business elsewhere.

2013-07-08

"I purchased a Vilano Forza 3.0 bike. I purchased the pro-build option for 69.00. I would advise anyone buying the pro-build, buyer beware. They list several detailed items that are performed during a pro-build. My experience had 3 of these items partially performed or not at all. I felt very little time was taken and no pride in the workmanship was displayed on the pro-build.

The first item I noticed was that only one pedal has a very small dab of lubricant grease applied to one small area of the pedal threads. The second pedal had nothing applied. The crank did not contain any lubricant on those pedal threads either. I guess their view was if a small dab was applied it would somehow lubricate all the threads. I emailed them about this and was told they don’t place very much grease on the pedal threads because they don’t want to create a mess.

The second problem was with the front derailleur. This was poorly adjusted as it would not shift through the chainrings smoothly. Often it required clicking the shifter twice to move the chain one chainring. After a few rides, I decided to spend the time to adjust it myself. After about 20 minutes of time, I readjusted it and it shifts correctly. The email response from RoadBike Outlet on this problem stated it would take a bit of time to move smoothly, and will be tricky shifting for a time.

The third problem was with the rear wheel not being trued. The pro-build states they would true the wheels. The front wheel was trued, but the back was not. RoadBike Outlet asked for a video showing the rear wheel. I provided them with a video showing how the rear wheel was not trued.

Ultimately RoadBike Outlet did refund me the 69.00 for the pro-build. However, I don’t feel the company really prides itself on workmanship. And would caution anyone who decides to purchase the pro-build. Make sure you check the workmanship.

2013-03-01

"I purchased a kestrel rt 1000 road bike. A great bike at a great price. Customer support was great from pre order to assisting me in getting the bike setup. Prompt and knowledge responses by email and the phone. I have bought alot of stuff on line and these guys did an outstanding job."

2013-02-11

"The product got here promptly and was extremely easy to assemble."

2013-02-10

"My order was quick and correct. Arrived faster than they said it would have."

2013-02-05

"Thought the dealer was great and communicated well. "

2013-02-05

"Fast shipping, good product"

2013-02-03

"Bike arrived on time and there was no damage. I was very pleased with all of my dealings with Road Bike Outlet. I'm happy with the quality of the product and the price also. I would recommend this vendor to others without hesitation. Keep up the good work Road Bike Outlet. "

2013-02-02

"Bike was scheduled to be delivered yesterday and hasn't even left Jacksonville, FL. "

2013-01-29

"Fast service,great to do business with."

2013-01-24

"Top notch customer service, very responsive to email inquiries. Can't beat their prices either, plus free pro build on my bike. Thanks"

2013-01-22

"Rep on phone was extremely nice and helpful. The bike was delivered as promised. Assembly was easy. Bike is nice. Thanks. I'll recommend to anyone interested in buying a new bike."

Share Road Bike Outlet's store rating

Road Bike Outlet is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Road Bike Outlet is not a merchant member
Road Bike Outlet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!