• Address: RitzCamera.com PO Box 19705 Irvine, CA 92623-9705
    • Customer Support: 1-877-690-0099
    • Business Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    • Fax: 1-877-552-2244

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"You advertise with "ships within 7 days" whereas it is out of stock, unknown ETA. 10 days wasted, order cancelled. Order 500005186. Very bad customer service"

modified review This review was modified by villagorilla on August 11 2014 09:43:12 AM

"Horrible customer support. Didn't help at all. Basically told me to screw off. Avoid them if you can"

modified review This review was modified by mikebrown2 on August 07 2014 08:15:41 PM

"I purchased an under water camera case for my camera on July 6, 2014. Per the website, it was expected to ship in 7 days. I checked on my order, and it was listed as cancelled. I started an online chat with an employee, Tim Johnson, who said that the camera case is no longer being made, is out of stock, and they will not be getting more in stock. Why did the website not reflect this? Why was I never told that my order had been cancelled? How is this okay for a company to do to a customer? I am now leaving for a trip in less than 2 weeks and have to hunt down this camera case. No one has it. Had I known this, I could have secured one long ago. This company is UNPROFESSIONAL, UNAPOLOGETIC, and RUDE. DO NOT SHOP HERE."

modified review This review was modified by LoriS8204 on July 08 2014 12:13:40 PM

"I purchased a camera from Ritzcamera.com on 12/19/13 and paid for 2 day shipping as the website stated so that the camera would be delivered by 12/24/13. My confirmation email indicated that my camera was in stock. On 12/24/13 I received an email saying that the camera had been shipped that day. I was then left without my camera which was a significant part of my wife's Christmas as it cost $800. I called customer service twice on 12/26/13 without a reply. When I emailed them I received a reply that failed to address any of my questions or issues but included a tracking number. When I plugged in the tracking number I found that my camera was scheduled to be delivered sometime between 1/3/14-1/7/14. Not only did Ritz not deliver by Christmas but they did not even ship my camera by the 2 day shipping that I paid $24 extra for. I stopped payment on my credit card and will not be doing any further business with Ritz. There has been no accountability on their part or attempt to rectify this situation with me as a customer."

modified review This review was modified by Joker95 on December 27 2013 08:45:50 PM

"There are lots of negative reviews for Ritz in 2012 and
before, but I think it's important to mention that Ritz
had some serious financial issues and ended up liquidating
at the end of 2012. Now, C&A Marketing owns the online
site as well as a few of their bigger stores.

I purchased an Olympus E-M1 ($1400 camera) from Ritz
back in October, and was initially nervous due to all the
negative reviews. However, I am extremely pleased with their
customer service. My product ended up being defective
(no fault of Ritz), but they were still willing to give me an
exchange outside of their return policy. They were very
responsive through email (even responded on Black Friday) and
were very helpful. I would buy from them again -- fully recommended!!

modified review This review was modified by blacksun110 on December 14 2013 07:24:15 AM

"Ordered a MeFoto tripod on 12/1. was priced at least $50 lower than competitors. received shipment notification 12/3 and received promptly in great condition 12/6. No sales tax as noted to California delivery. will definitely order again"

"I ordered an lens on their website, but they cancelled my order due to their own fault - price error. Never will shop with them again. They are not responsible to their customers and their own reputations."

modified review This review was modified by eddik on May 06 2013 05:21:27 PM

"Ordered a camera lens and they canceled my order. Waste of time! Offered no compensation for wasting my time. Will not shop at this merchant again. AVOID, BUYER BEWARE."

"The WORST customer service I have EVER received. Its a wonder they stay in business."

"Placed an order to be shipped to a local store for pick up. Got notification that it had shipped. A few days later I got a phone call telling me that the shipment had been re-called to them because that store was closing. Then I got a phone call requesting my credit card # again so that they could get me my order ASAP; the returned items had not gotten back and they didn't want to delay. I could smell screw up so I refused, instead waiting for the item to return and a credit to be issued. NOW, I should not have had to place the order again but I did. Then I got email notification that there was a delay, two days in a row. Then yesterday I got email that it had shipped and it gave a tracking number. Then again this morning I got the email that my order was delayed SO I got on live chat with them. Was initially informed that the order had not shipped but then he came back and said that it had shipped and gave the tracking number. SO it seems that it's on its way but MAN, what a fiasco. I will NEVER order from these people again. I'd rather pay more and have them get it right. There are so many resellers who have the CS thing so completely down. No one needs this kind of BS. "

"I tried ordering a refurbished Nikon D3100 on a Tuesday and got the e-mail receipt with my total. I received several emails saying my card kept declining and I had to call their call center which is located in India and these guys have names like Gary and James. Anyways I only put the amount in my business checking that was needed. Come to find out after 4 days of being back and forth with my bank and "Gary" they were trying to charge me way more than the total I had seen on the website and the receipt email. I used to work for Ritz Camera but ever since they went bankrupt and David Ritz starting cutting money places this company is literally a piece of shit. Do not buy from them!"

"I placed an order on January 6th. The item was backordered but they said they would ship as soon as it arrived.

At the time of the order, the headline on their home page said:

No Sales Tax* & Free Shipping
on most orders over $100**

The single astrick lead to this footnote:

* No Tax. You never pay sales tax! We are not required to collect sales and use tax on deliveries throughout the US, except where we have business locations and in those states we pay ALL sales taxes (California, Kansas and Maryland). For customers in these states, our price includes all applicable taxes.

For whatever reason, on February 21st, they decided to start charging sales tax in all states as applicable. They never informed me of this change.

On March 21st, the item was shipped and arrived the next day. The enclosed invoice had over $400 in sales tax.

I called customer support and got "Gary" in India. I explained that we had an agreement on price, shipping , tax, and terms. They never advised me of the change. He said I could return the item (which would cause me to get back in line for getting another one from another vendor). I pointed out that if I had purchased it from any of his competitors, they would not have charged sales tax. I also advised him that the box was now open and the camera has been fondled, and that he'd have to pay return shipping. To me it was stupid for them to take back an open box and pay round trip shipping instead of refunding the tax. After spending 30 minutes on the phone, and advising them that they were being stupid for not refunding the sales tax, he said he'd check with corporate and get back.

Today he called to say nothing could be done. They refused to pay the tax even though the terms of the sale said that, if a tax was incurred, they would pay it. He said I could return it for a full refund. I received it via email shortly thereafter.

I would never do business again with a company that revises the terms of the sale without notice. I do give them credit for offering to take it back, but they are short on business sense as I doubt they could sell the item for full retail and, in the long run, they ruin their reputation with me and possibly with those who I share this story with.

"Well done, this is Mark Douglas from suriname south america
I bought a d7000 on sale got it within 3days and it was perfect and without defects. I read a lot of bad rev after i bought it . But i am 100% satisfied. I am very sorry for those who got bad products but mine was new and is working up to this day .. Earning money in photography. So i only have to give a five star on my behalf. I am gonna get me an extra battery right now if they have one! By the way they did not ship to suriname they shipped to my friend in miami and it was sent to suriname nice and sealed in a box with everything like advertized by nikonusa.. Have a nise day

"HORRIBLE customer service. I was a long time Wolfcamera customer. I ordered the J1 and they cannot tell me when it will ship.... This is the epitomy of customer NO service.

I will never do business with Ritz or Wolf again.

"HATE this place. I ordered a camera on Monday, with a 1-2 day handling time. I paid for 2 day shipping so I would get it on Thursday. I have two events to shoot this weekend - it's Friday and I have no camera. The chat is a joke - the man did not answer my question and terminated the conversation. I called to find out that I would receive my camera Monday - yet it still hasn't been shipped. I emailed them and they have not replied. The funds for this were listed in my bank account and now they are not - I have no idea if they cancelled my order or not. Pretty pissed off."

Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) is not a merchant member
Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!