Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) Reviews - ritzcamera.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.17/10 272 reviews

Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) is not a merchant member
Ritz Camera (Ritz Interactive / CameraWorld.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I purchased a camera from Ritzcamera.com on 12/19/13 and paid for 2 day shipping as the website stated so that the camera would be delivered by 12/24/13. My confirmation email indicated that my camera was in stock. On 12/24/13 I received an email saying that the camera had been shipped that day. I was then left without my camera which was a significant part of my wife's Christmas as it cost $800. I called customer service twice on 12/26/13 without a reply. When I emailed them I received a reply that failed to address any of my questions or issues but included a tracking number. When I plugged in the tracking number I found that my camera was scheduled to be delivered sometime between 1/3/14-1/7/14. Not only did Ritz not deliver by Christmas but they did not even ship my camera by the 2 day shipping that I paid $24 extra for. I stopped payment on my credit card and will not be doing any further business with Ritz. There has been no accountability on their part or attempt to rectify this situation with me as a customer."

modified review This review was modified by Joker95 on December 27 2013 08:45:50 PM

"There are lots of negative reviews for Ritz in 2012 and
before, but I think it's important to mention that Ritz
had some serious financial issues and ended up liquidating
at the end of 2012. Now, C&A Marketing owns the online
site as well as a few of their bigger stores.

I purchased an Olympus E-M1 ($1400 camera) from Ritz
back in October, and was initially nervous due to all the
negative reviews. However, I am extremely pleased with their
customer service. My product ended up being defective
(no fault of Ritz), but they were still willing to give me an
exchange outside of their return policy. They were very
responsive through email (even responded on Black Friday) and
were very helpful. I would buy from them again -- fully recommended!!

modified review This review was modified by blacksun110 on December 14 2013 07:24:15 AM

"Ordered a MeFoto tripod on 12/1. was priced at least $50 lower than competitors. received shipment notification 12/3 and received promptly in great condition 12/6. No sales tax as noted to California delivery. will definitely order again"

"Placed an order to be shipped to a local store for pick up. Got notification that it had shipped. A few days later I got a phone call telling me that the shipment had been re-called to them because that store was closing. Then I got a phone call requesting my credit card # again so that they could get me my order ASAP; the returned items had not gotten back and they didn't want to delay. I could smell screw up so I refused, instead waiting for the item to return and a credit to be issued. NOW, I should not have had to place the order again but I did. Then I got email notification that there was a delay, two days in a row. Then yesterday I got email that it had shipped and it gave a tracking number. Then again this morning I got the email that my order was delayed SO I got on live chat with them. Was initially informed that the order had not shipped but then he came back and said that it had shipped and gave the tracking number. SO it seems that it's on its way but MAN, what a fiasco. I will NEVER order from these people again. I'd rather pay more and have them get it right. There are so many resellers who have the CS thing so completely down. No one needs this kind of BS. "

"I tried ordering a refurbished Nikon D3100 on a Tuesday and got the e-mail receipt with my total. I received several emails saying my card kept declining and I had to call their call center which is located in India and these guys have names like Gary and James. Anyways I only put the amount in my business checking that was needed. Come to find out after 4 days of being back and forth with my bank and "Gary" they were trying to charge me way more than the total I had seen on the website and the receipt email. I used to work for Ritz Camera but ever since they went bankrupt and David Ritz starting cutting money places this company is literally a piece of shit. Do not buy from them!"

"I placed an order on January 6th. The item was backordered but they said they would ship as soon as it arrived.

At the time of the order, the headline on their home page said:

No Sales Tax* & Free Shipping
on most orders over $100**

The single astrick lead to this footnote:

* No Tax. You never pay sales tax! We are not required to collect sales and use tax on deliveries throughout the US, except where we have business locations and in those states we pay ALL sales taxes (California, Kansas and Maryland). For customers in these states, our price includes all applicable taxes.

For whatever reason, on February 21st, they decided to start charging sales tax in all states as applicable. They never informed me of this change.

On March 21st, the item was shipped and arrived the next day. The enclosed invoice had over $400 in sales tax.

I called customer support and got "Gary" in India. I explained that we had an agreement on price, shipping , tax, and terms. They never advised me of the change. He said I could return the item (which would cause me to get back in line for getting another one from another vendor). I pointed out that if I had purchased it from any of his competitors, they would not have charged sales tax. I also advised him that the box was now open and the camera has been fondled, and that he'd have to pay return shipping. To me it was stupid for them to take back an open box and pay round trip shipping instead of refunding the tax. After spending 30 minutes on the phone, and advising them that they were being stupid for not refunding the sales tax, he said he'd check with corporate and get back.

Today he called to say nothing could be done. They refused to pay the tax even though the terms of the sale said that, if a tax was incurred, they would pay it. He said I could return it for a full refund. I received it via email shortly thereafter.

I would never do business again with a company that revises the terms of the sale without notice. I do give them credit for offering to take it back, but they are short on business sense as I doubt they could sell the item for full retail and, in the long run, they ruin their reputation with me and possibly with those who I share this story with.

"Well done, this is Mark Douglas from suriname south america
I bought a d7000 on sale got it within 3days and it was perfect and without defects. I read a lot of bad rev after i bought it . But i am 100% satisfied. I am very sorry for those who got bad products but mine was new and is working up to this day .. Earning money in photography. So i only have to give a five star on my behalf. I am gonna get me an extra battery right now if they have one! By the way they did not ship to suriname they shipped to my friend in miami and it was sent to suriname nice and sealed in a box with everything like advertized by nikonusa.. Have a nise day

"HORRIBLE customer service. I was a long time Wolfcamera customer. I ordered the J1 and they cannot tell me when it will ship.... This is the epitomy of customer NO service.

I will never do business with Ritz or Wolf again.

"HATE this place. I ordered a camera on Monday, with a 1-2 day handling time. I paid for 2 day shipping so I would get it on Thursday. I have two events to shoot this weekend - it's Friday and I have no camera. The chat is a joke - the man did not answer my question and terminated the conversation. I called to find out that I would receive my camera Monday - yet it still hasn't been shipped. I emailed them and they have not replied. The funds for this were listed in my bank account and now they are not - I have no idea if they cancelled my order or not. Pretty pissed off."

"Horrible customer service. I cancelled my order for 3 times in a span of 2-3 weeks. Still, I haven't received a cancellation order. Never buy from this company AGAIN."

"I ordered a refurbished Nikon D5100, and upon receipt of the camera, I noticed that the LCD screen is faulty. I e-mailed Nikon for support, and they told me that in order to get warranty service, I will have to ship it to their repair center at my own expense. My expectation when buying a refurbished product is that it be in complete working condition. The issue with my camera can be seen immediately as soon as the screen turns on in any mode, and should have been easily detected by whomever evaluates refurbished products. I certainly don't believe that I should have to spend my own time and money working through an issue that I shouldn't have to deal with.

When I e-mailed Ritz's customer service, I got no response. When I e-mailed again, this was their response:

"We apologized for the delay in our reply and we would like you to know that we cared about our customer and would like to give them favorable service, and as per your return request we are sorry to inform you that the return request you sent is more than our return days as you can only return this item back to us 10 days from the days of delivery as per Ritzcamera return policy and as for this reason you will have to contact the Manufacturer directly or you can contact the warranty service centre that we have provided on this item, they will surely help you with this."

The poor writing alone speaks for their customer service. And a TEN DAY return policy? You have to be kidding. They sold me a defective product that was not up to the standard that they had advertised on their website. They should be shipping me a new one at their expense.

If you buy from Ritz, there's probably a pretty good chance you will have an acceptable experience. But I suggest taking your money elsewhere, because I don't think they really care at all about customer service. They don't even monitor this website. These guys are amateurs. TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!

"I recently purchased a Nikon D5100 from them . If I would've found these reviews before ordering from them, I probably wouldn't have . I didn't have any issues though . Ordered it the Wednesday before Christmas and received it that Friday. The camera has worked perfectly with no problems."

"I will never, EVER order from this company again. Before I ordered my Nikon D5100 I contacted the company to figure out the fastest way to get it. He told me to pay for Saturday Delivery. Well, I paid the extra $50 and then Saturday came and went and I had no camera, no conformation, no nothing! Contacted customer service and they said sorry, it takes up to 4 days for us to process and ship your order. WTF!

I waited patiently, despite my overwhelming urge to rip them through the phone, and now today marks the 5th day I am still camera-less. My lens shipped out that was ordered separately, but no camera. The online chat is a waste of time and is nothing but a joke - except the fact that you can understand them despite their horrible grammar. I demanded the name of a supervisor and I was given "James Lee". Called James up to find out what the heck was going on and you know what he tells me?

"We were waiting on your address to be validated. We sent you an email on the 28th regarding it."

UH, what a load of CRAP. Never got an email or a phone call, nothing. I told him I want my camera shipped overnight when it ships to me and he said he can't edit it, that it will only take longer. Sweet momma. I told him fine, ship it as soon as possible and I'm never ordering from your company again. Problem solved.

Give your money to a good company that cares about its customers, not some incompetent store with horrible employees.

Rating 8/104/5

"I did business with them twice..

The first time, I was very reluctant to order the camera, Nikon D7000, from Ritz Camera after I read multiple bad reviews from this website. However, because of the low price and promotion at the time, I decided to give them a try. Before, I ordered I was so afraid that I would get an item from black market etc as somebody here said. I even called to talk with the representative before I placed the order. She was nice and reassured me that they only sold US models. I went ahead and placed the order. I got my new camera in a good shape in less than 48 hours!

The second time, I ordered an iPhone charger. I ordered the black one, but I received the white one. No big deal, but I just wanted to return. I chatted with an online representative, who informed me that the order had been canceled and I would receive a confirmation email. I waited 2 days... no email. I called in and was transfered to speak with someone at a higher level. He was polite and he issued me a refund right away and asked me to keep the item. Wow... great!

I will definitely do business with them in the future.

"Terrible, horrible customer service. If you have any problems with you orders you better just learn Indian b/c otherwise you will get zero help, supervisor included. Its worse than Peggy in the discover card commercials. I placed an order and they processed the payment but nothing actually ever happened, no order #, no shipment, zilch. No one had a clue, i had to contact my bank to try to cancel the payment."