• Address: RitzCamera.com PO Box 19705 Irvine, CA 92623-9705
    • Customer Support: 1-877-690-0099
    • Business Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    • Fax: 1-877-552-2244

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"I placed an order on Monday 12/8/14 and selected 2 day shipping. i really needed this camera for a business event on saturday 12/13. by thursday 12/11, i received nothing and decided to call. I called at least 10-15 times before i finally got through, only to talk to a woman who was nasty to say the least. i was told that the camera had an issue in the warehouse, and that it was being delayed, but that would be sent out that day. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. had I known this, i would have ordered from somewhere else entirely on Monday. I asked her to email me a tracking, which she said would take several minutes and i'd get it soon. 4 hours later, no email. called another 10-12 times only to get the same nasty, incompetent woman on the phone. I asked where the tracking number was, and she told me that there is no tracking number because its not shipped yet. UM WHAT? what did you intend on sending me earlier when you assured me you'd be emailing me a tracking number? She then proceeds to tell me she will upgrade my shipping to overnight. Sorry, thats not an upgrade. thats rectifying a bad customer service blunder. I got off the phone by being hung up on. that's right. she HUNG UP ON ME, because she said if there is nothing else she can help me with, then her time is done with me, click. So, 2 hours Later, called back fuming. Finally after 20 minutes of calling, got Karl on the phone. He seemed very helpful and willing try to "fix" the situation. He personally assured me that he would email the warehouse, making sure the item went out that thursday night, so with overnight shipping, i would have it by friday. Yeah, well, today is monday, and guess what? I JUST GOT IT. right this very moment I am on the phone with them, Karl actually, and asking for a return label. SEEMS LIKE THE PHONE GOT DISCONNECTED? what the hell is going on with this company. whatever you do, do not order from here.

Follow up: Got Karl back on the phone. I know its not necessarily his fault that a company runs poorly, and he was genuinely apologetic and helpful. emailed a free return label. I WOULD NEVER ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN. NEVER.

"Don't purchase from RitzCamera.com before reading their return policy. They are charging a restocking fee of up to 25%. I recently purchased a camera from them as a gift a week ago. Price dropped and now I can not return it even though it's hasn't been opened without a restocking fee. Buy from a place without a restocking fee.

Dealing with their customer service was horrible. I can't believe they are still in business.

modified review This review was modified by BooRitzCamera on December 02 2014 03:33:39 PM

"You advertise with "ships within 7 days" whereas it is out of stock, unknown ETA. 10 days wasted, order cancelled. Order 500005186. Very bad customer service"

modified review This review was modified by villagorilla on August 11 2014 09:43:12 AM

"Horrible customer support. Didn't help at all. Basically told me to screw off. Avoid them if you can"

modified review This review was modified by mikebrown2 on August 07 2014 08:15:41 PM

"I purchased an under water camera case for my camera on July 6, 2014. Per the website, it was expected to ship in 7 days. I checked on my order, and it was listed as cancelled. I started an online chat with an employee, Tim Johnson, who said that the camera case is no longer being made, is out of stock, and they will not be getting more in stock. Why did the website not reflect this? Why was I never told that my order had been cancelled? How is this okay for a company to do to a customer? I am now leaving for a trip in less than 2 weeks and have to hunt down this camera case. No one has it. Had I known this, I could have secured one long ago. This company is UNPROFESSIONAL, UNAPOLOGETIC, and RUDE. DO NOT SHOP HERE."

modified review This review was modified by LoriS8204 on July 08 2014 12:13:40 PM

"I purchased a camera from Ritzcamera.com on 12/19/13 and paid for 2 day shipping as the website stated so that the camera would be delivered by 12/24/13. My confirmation email indicated that my camera was in stock. On 12/24/13 I received an email saying that the camera had been shipped that day. I was then left without my camera which was a significant part of my wife's Christmas as it cost $800. I called customer service twice on 12/26/13 without a reply. When I emailed them I received a reply that failed to address any of my questions or issues but included a tracking number. When I plugged in the tracking number I found that my camera was scheduled to be delivered sometime between 1/3/14-1/7/14. Not only did Ritz not deliver by Christmas but they did not even ship my camera by the 2 day shipping that I paid $24 extra for. I stopped payment on my credit card and will not be doing any further business with Ritz. There has been no accountability on their part or attempt to rectify this situation with me as a customer."

modified review This review was modified by Joker95 on December 27 2013 08:45:50 PM

"There are lots of negative reviews for Ritz in 2012 and
before, but I think it's important to mention that Ritz
had some serious financial issues and ended up liquidating
at the end of 2012. Now, C&A Marketing owns the online
site as well as a few of their bigger stores.

I purchased an Olympus E-M1 ($1400 camera) from Ritz
back in October, and was initially nervous due to all the
negative reviews. However, I am extremely pleased with their
customer service. My product ended up being defective
(no fault of Ritz), but they were still willing to give me an
exchange outside of their return policy. They were very
responsive through email (even responded on Black Friday) and
were very helpful. I would buy from them again -- fully recommended!!

modified review This review was modified by blacksun110 on December 14 2013 07:24:15 AM

"Ordered a MeFoto tripod on 12/1. was priced at least $50 lower than competitors. received shipment notification 12/3 and received promptly in great condition 12/6. No sales tax as noted to California delivery. will definitely order again"

"I ordered an lens on their website, but they cancelled my order due to their own fault - price error. Never will shop with them again. They are not responsible to their customers and their own reputations."

modified review This review was modified by eddik on May 06 2013 05:21:27 PM

"Ordered a camera lens and they canceled my order. Waste of time! Offered no compensation for wasting my time. Will not shop at this merchant again. AVOID, BUYER BEWARE."

"The WORST customer service I have EVER received. Its a wonder they stay in business."

Ritz Camera is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Ritz Camera is a merchant member
Ritz Camera participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,919 merchant members.