• Rating 7.33/10 29 reviews

RiteAV.com [formerly: rite-av.com] is not a merchant member
    RiteAV.com [formerly: rite-av.com] does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • RiteAV.com [formerly: rite-av.com] contact information

• Address: 1000 W Main St. Little Chute, WI 54140
    • Contact: sales@riteav.com

"I must admit that I had reservations about ordering from RiteAV after reading some of the negative reviews here but my experience was nothing but positive. I ordered 5 each 1ft USB-A to Mini-B 5-pin cables. Their prices beat all others and their shipping was very reasonably priced and fast. The cables arrived in perfect condition, appear to be good quality and most importantly, work GREAT with my Garmin GPS (that I had issues with while trying to use inexpensive cables ordered elsewhere!). My advice is ignore the negative reviews and take advantage of the competitive pricing and reasonably priced prompt shipping."

"I purchased 3 HDMI cables from rite-av. One of them went bad within 2 months. The rep was quick to respond with an RMA. After shipping back the bad cable, I received a new one in the mail shortly after.
When attempting to use the new cable, I noticed that it too, was bad. I contacted the seller 6 days ago, asking the seller to ship a cable that worked. I have not heard back.
I then emailed the company again yesterday and still no response.
They do not honor their "lifetime warranty" and, given that 2/4 cables I have tried either stopped working within 3 months or didn't work at all, I would not purchase.
The fact that the seller does not have the courtesy to email me back is terrible.

STAY AWAY!

"This is my best cable store. Not huge selection, but more than basic needs, not beatable prices, and quick USPS shipping"

"Cables were shipped UPS. UPS left package on uncovered porch while raining. Box was completely soaked. I informed RiteAV of the problem. Here is their response. You can see that RiteAV and UPS have the same outlook on customer service.
Obviously a very professional company.

I will tell UPS to only deliver on sunny, 70 degree days from now on.
Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Neil Sprangers
RiteAV.com

"I have ordered from Rite-AV at least a half dozen times. Always fast, accurate delivery & the highest quality products. Prices are almost too good (I'm hesitant to say). When BB sells a HDMI cable for $59 and these guys sell one for $8 how well can it work? As good or better. I've found their quality to far exceed the cables my friends have bought for 10x the price. Don't hesitate. Save yourself some money & use these guys. In my opinion, it's almost criminal to buy a HDMI from BB."

"I ordered an IEEE 1394 (firewire) 4-pin to 4-pin cable and a bunch of audio connectors from RiteAV because of their low prices. The items arrived quickly by US mail. The audio connectors worked fine, but the digital video IEEE 1394 cable failed to make the proper connection between my Sony camcorder and my HP laptop computer. Subsequent inspection with a microscope in an engineering lab at work revealed a bent metal pin on the RiteAv cable and a broken-off pin on the camcorder’s IEEE 1394 input connector. I know the camcorder connector pin was not broken before inserting the RiteAV cable because I never a had a problem in the many years I used the camcorder with my desktop computer to do video editing using the original 1394 4-pin to 6-pin cable supplied by Sony. I conclude that the RiteAV 4-pin to 4-pin cable was defective and caused the damage observed on the camcorder connector. RiteAV sent a replacement cable but refused my request to repair the camcorder. The labor required to replace the camcorder connector will make the repair cost comparable to the cost of a new camcorder. The lesson I’ve learned is not to buy the cheapest available cable if there is any chance that it can damage a valuable piece of equipment. High levels of quality control are essential in manufacturing the miniature, multi-pin, input and output connectors and cables used on computers, cameras, and audio/video equipment because these components have tiny, precisely aligned metal pins or optical fibers that carry the signals. My advice is to spend a few bucks more to get a get a high quality cable which protects your valuable equipment from costly repairs.
I just read RiteAv's response to the above review. I'm not an idiot. I'm a test engineer in the aerospace industry with 30 years experience troubleshooting electronics. My camcorder worked perfectly connected to my desktop computer using the factory supplied cable. I bought a RiteAV cable so that it would also connect to my laptop. The first time I plugged the RiteAV cable into the camcorder, a pin on the camcorder connector broke off. Because of the broken pin, the camcorder now no longer works with the factory supplied cable. I never claimed the RiteAV cable fixed itself. I just claimed that it did not also break the computer connector--only the camcorder connector.
I did request that RiteAV repair the camcorder, and they refused. Only after they refused did I post the above review. If RiteAV had offered to repair he damaged camcorder connector, I would have included that fact in the review. I never made a threat.

modified review This review was modified by robertbailey on October 15 2010 01:35:39 PM

"I've purchased numerous cables from RiteAv.com and every time, they were exactly what I ordered, worked perfectly, and were promply shipped. I find that their cables meet or exceed the quality of anyone else's and their price cannot be beat!"

"I purchased a 15' USB to Mini B cable on Tuesday and it was delivered today (Saturday). Shipped the morning after a 10PM order. Extremely pleased with the product, price and rapid shipment!"

"I’m extremely pleased with my order from RiteAV. My order shipped the same day, and I received it a few days later, right on schedule. The price I paid was much less than I could find a similar product in any local store and the quality of the items was as good if not better than I would have been able to find in a local store. I would defiantly recommend them to friends and family."

"TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! When I complained that a shipment did not arrive as expected, the respnse I got was "GOOD, TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE". They must make a fotune on bogus shipping charges."

modified review This review was modified by jenecek on December 16 2009 10:17:58 AM

"Purchased some HDMI adapters... one of the few stores that carried 270 degrees adapters. Great price. Shipping speed could have been faster... but everything worked out fine."

modified review This review was modified by spamdigger on September 22 2009 08:28:57 AM

"Highly Recommended. Great Prices (even shipping is low). I received my order fast. My mini stereo RCA wire was defective. I contacted customer service and they responded quickly - immediately sending a replacement. I am definitely recommending them over meritline.com. "

" Have always received what I ordered in a timely fashion. Have never had an order arrive not in perfect working order and complete. Have never had to use "Customer Service". Has a very good selection of cable products at very good prices. Easy to use and navigate website. I will keep buying from this vendor and I recommend others to give them a try!"

"This is my 3rd order from RiteAV and I could not be more pleased. They have a huge selection of connectors which are the same quality or better than what you would find on the local store shelf. The difference? Their prices are down right ridiculously LOW! Since no one is in business to lose money, it makes you realize how over priced the local stores really are! The same 3 foot cable available for $4-$7 DELIVERED to my door is $25-$50 at the store!!! I thought there had to be a catch, like the product was junk or something along those lines, so I was quite skeptical on my 1st order. However, when I got my HDMI cables for my new TV I just could not believe the quality and high end feel and look of this product. They were way better than the store brands at just a fraction of their cost! I was sold on the spot! I even bought a few more cables I didn't really need at the time because I couldn't get over how inexpensive they were! Their USPS shipping is very reasonable and product always arrives within a week or less of my order. You can pay more for faster service, but for me the minimal cost of USPS is worth the few additional days.

If you need a connection cable, I can tell you there is no better source than RiteAV. I hope they maintain their business model and make their low cost items available to the public for years to come. THANKS RiteAV!!!

PSA
Satisfied customer from Charlotte, NC

"Fast delivery, quality product and excellent customer service. What else can one ask for. My connectors arrived 3 days after placing the order. I had occsion to call and a live person answered the phone and answered my question. After I received the connectors, I had a question, which I e-mailed. I got a response (not auto) with my answer withi an hour.

Now that's what I call service. Oh, they also had the best price on the net for what I bought. I definitely recommend doing businss with RiteAV and will certainly do so again.