Stores > RifleGear

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
2017-01-19

RifleGear is awesome

"RifleGear had the firearm I have been looking for and was showing in stock. After having a bad experience with another online firearms website that I will not do the favor of giving press to, I called RifleGear to make sure the firearm was in stock. Their customer service was top notch, they answered all my questions, and in less than a week the firearm was waiting for me at my local dealers shop for me. Highly recommended!"

This review was modified by sroy27 on January 19 2017 01:45:02 PM

2016-12-28

Do not expect knowledge or customer service

"I give RifleGear a 2 star rating because they sell good quality products but their attention to taking care of the customer is seriously lacking. On one occasion the archery 'expert' sold us arrows with plastic fletches intended for compound bows. As novice archers, we didn't know this was not right so we ended up buying 24 arrows that, while useable, are not the right one for us. You cannot return them since they are cut to size.

On a second occasion, my wife purchased a rifle for me as a gift and was told that it could be exchanged "no problem" (as this was Christmas time) for the more expensive one. She specifically asked because she does not know rifles and wanted to make sure she could buy one and give me the chance to upgrade it is was not right. Well, when I went in, the first guy I spoke to was rather curt with me and said they didn't do that. I asked for a manager and he had a no-option policy on letting me return the rifle and spend an extra $300 bucks for the one I wanted. I get that there is a no return policy but to have no concern for finding a way for the customer to get what they want AND lying upfront just to get a sale... that is just poor business.

In summary, if you know what you want and can get it at a good price, they are probably a suitable place for you. If you are looking for firearms and archery knowledge and integrity in the sale, find another place.

2016-10-24

A FAIRY TALE OF GLOCK 43 - RIFLEGEAR , PLANO- TX

"Just brought a G43 (USA) at the RifleGear - Plano, Tx today (10/24)...all was good, except the sales person told me a fairy tale.

When I saw the stamp on the G43 is USA, I asked the salesman if I can get an Austria made. I have told him that I saw some Austria made. He told me they only have USA made, that's fine with me and I pretend that this is my 1st Glock and continue to ask why the others have Austria made. May be he is worried that he will loose the sale, he then told me even the stamp is Austria on the (imported) slide, but it will still say Made in USA on the pistol body.....and he even show me a form of some kind, saying that the Austria made Glock does not meet USA ATF requirements, therefore, it cannot be imported.

I just went along with him on his story and completed the sale. Even though I know whether it is USA or Austria, it makes no difference, a Glock is a Glock, but the sales person shouldnt be giving out misleading information about a product which is well known in the market

This review was modified by du6197 on October 24 2016 10:02:27 PM

2015-10-21

"Went by Rifle Gear in Plano, Tx after learning about them on the Internet, was interested in picking up a AR lower for my first build. Friendly and helpful customer service. Jeremy showed me some lowers, I chose the Anderson Manufacturing which was on sale for $49.99. Jeremy also showed some handguards and gave me some good ideas on what to look for when choosing a set. Overall a good experience. "

2015-07-23

"Great service. Fast shipping. And stuff.

sorry needed 25 characters

2015-07-14

"Considering that I live in California, the geniuses of RifleGear gave me a taste of The Second Amendment freedom and responsibility. "

2015-07-10

"Good parts. Just took a little to ship from Texas to Fountain valley due to the part not in stock. "

2015-07-07

"Fast service and product as described. Very pleased."

2015-07-07

"I have been a on and off customer of riflegear since way back when they were in their old shop. Looking back over the years I cannot think of one time that I left unsatisfied. Although they have grown over the years I feel like they have maintained their recipe of customer service, knowledge, and fair prices and that is what keeps bringing me back."

2015-07-06

"Good experience with RifleGear; not so good experience with FFL transaction with Academy Sports. This was my first FFL and online purchase for a firearm, specifically a Sig522. If I had to do it all over again, I would have picked a FFL store location that has experience in dealing with FFL transfers. The folks over at RifleGear did an excellent job of communicating their efforts through both phone and email. After I placed my order online, it took 4 days for Academy to finally process the FFL background checks on RifleGear. I wish Academy Sports did a better job of setting expectations to the customer on their process. Once this was completed, Academy sent their FFL copy over to RifleGear and immediately shipped. Since RifleGear has a store location near Dallas, it only took 2 days for package to be shipped to Sugar Land TX. I am happy with my new rifle, and hope to order from them again soon."

2015-07-06

"From ordering to receiving, everything went very smoothly and a fantastic price. Thank you so much. Excellent service."

This review was modified by sss911 on July 14 2015 04:30:31 AM

2015-07-06

"Riflegear.com has great prices and great service and possibly the nicest and neatest gun stores I have ever seen."

2015-07-06

"Good price, good service and fast delivery."

2015-07-06

"Item was exactly what I was looking for & arrived promptly to my residence. Couldn't ask for better. "

2015-07-06

"All was good, maybe could have shipped a little sooner."

Share RifleGear's store rating

RifleGear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RifleGear is not a merchant member
RifleGear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!