Product & services pricing Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"I just received my tickets for the show Newsies that I got through a deal on restautrant.com. When purchasing the tickets, it said that I would get lower balcony seats. The seats I received are Balcony, Far Left, Row L, seats 389 and 391. I looked up the seats on the seating chart and I am shocked at the location. When I bought the tickets I knew that I was going to leave the seating up to the discretion of them. However, I am extremely dissapointed at the tickets I received. They are so far back, and all the way to the left, that I will be surprised if I will be able to enjoy the show. I saved a lot of money in order to buy these expensive tickets, and I am devastated that I received such seats.

I am honestly chagrined because I trusted that they would give me good seats. I can be flexible with dates, but if I have to stick with the tickets I have, I feel like I will have wasted $170, which is an extremely large amount of money. Plus, the $50 worth of restaurant giftcards didn't work

modified review This review was modified by ruthieg606 on December 07 2014 05:26:10 PM

"Bought "$40 for a $400 Hotel and Resort eGift Card Featuring Hilton Hotels World Wide" from specials.restaurant.com.
When I tried using this gift card at hotelandresortcard.com to book my $400 hotel, they were charging for $45 from my gift card and rest all i have to pay from my credit card. It was feeling like being fooled and send email to restaurant.com to take gift card back and return my money.
They said they cant give my money back instead they give another gift card.

Big scam run by Special.restaurant.com and hotelandresortcard.com, I lost my $40.

modified review This review was modified by Big_C on December 05 2014 09:33:37 PM

"This all started on Oct 1st 2014 when I moved to a new home 80 miles away from my old stomping grounds. At this point in time I logged into my restaurant.com account and attempted to exchange the certificates for restuarants in my old neighborhood with ones in the new area I am living in. After several failed attempts to exchange certificates following the procedures outlined on restuarant.com's help section I chalked it up to the website having a glitch. A week later I came back to try again, still no luck, two weeks later, three weeks later still no luck. So november rolls around I try a couple more times off and on and still nothing. So I utilize the help contact on the restaurant.com website, explain my situation in detail on 11.24.2014, hilghlighting the fact that I had followed the instructions on how to exchange a certificate multiple times and that it was not working. Shortly after I sent the help request I was sent a reply by somebody named Ashley Lanham, the reply was nothing but a carbon copy of the istructions posted on the website on how to exchange certificates. The very same instructions I had followed and had informed the company that I had followed them in an attempt to exchange. I responded to Ashley Lanham on 11.24.2014 explaining all this again and never received anything further. On 11.25.2014 I sent another email to restaurant.com stating everything that had already happened and that the exchange function was not working, I took the time to highlight the fact that I had already tried this multiple times and that it still was not working and even attatched the previous emails. They responded on 11.25.2014 with nothing other than the instructions posted on their site for exchanging certificates. So I logged onto the BBB and found their phone number and contacted them by phone on 11.25.2014 and spoke to a person who called himself Raul. I explained to Raul that I wanted a refund and I was tired of the games his company was playing, I informed him that I needed to speak to a supervisor. Raul told me that his supervisor was not in and that they had a no refund policy, but I should feel free to utilize the website to exchange the certificates. I then told Raul that I did not believe that a business would be in operation with no supervisor, and that I wanted to speak to a supervisor, the boss or the owner of the company as I was certain that he was not the end all be all of company decisions. I was placed on hold. Raul came back on and stated his boss was in a meeting, I then asked Raul why he had told me that there was no supervisor there and then immediately changed it to my boss is in a meeting. He responded with " you never asked for a supervisor, you just told me you wanted to talk to my boss or the owner." Good job Raul, you fail at customer serivce by the way. Raul also refused to provide me with a direct link to a supervisor, said he did not have a phone number, and there was no way for me to speak with them. Raul would also not provide a name of a supervisor. Put on hold again. Raul then informed me that he had talked to his boss and they were waiting to hear from me. I then asked him to transfer me, he said no and that I should email them at myboss@resaurant.com. He said again they were waiting for me to contact them, I said ok transfer me then to their phone. At this point in time Raul was kind enough to transfer me to an extension with a pre recorded message stating that restaurant.com was closed and to call back during normal business hours. Strange since I called them during there normal business hours.

Your Desired Resolution:
In my eyes there is nothing this company can do to make this right other that refund me 100%. I have no desire to deal with this company any more as they possess absolutely no customer service skills at all. They blindly relpy to help emails obviously not reading anything their customers are writing. Their customer support phone line operators, in my first hand experience are nothing more than liars and game players. To me this business is now nothing more than a way to scam people out of their hard earned money. Right now my opinion is that they are thieves, and they have stolen from me as they took money for a service they are now not willing to honor.

modified review This review was modified by af123456789 on November 25 2014 08:47:50 AM

"I join those who find a certificate not accepted at restaruant ans promised. They offer"100% customer satisfaction", but do not answer phones and only offer exchanges when a refund is demanded."

"I would never trust restaurant.com again. I tried two restaurants on here, Beijing and Tokyo and Alan's of Boscawen restaurant. Both restaurants did not honor this restaurant.com certificate!! Buyer beware!"

"We are unable to use the four certificates that we have. The restaurant claims that this company will not reimburse them. I'm waiting for an email response from Restaurant.com. They are unreachable by phone - refer caller to other sites and email only. arrghh."

modified review This review was modified by twirlingdervish on October 07 2014 05:58:08 PM

"AVOID Restaurant.com!!! There ads and pricing are completely misleading. What appears to be $25 worth of food for $10 looks good, right? But then that $25 only covers half the total. So it ends up at $35 spent for $50 food. Plus you have to spend $50 mininum! Plus they automatically add 18% gratuity before discount! And they refuse to give refunds! Much better deals out there!"

modified review This review was modified by TexasDiner on September 22 2014 09:05:32 AM

"What a scam, I purchased to certificates and go to the restaurant to use them and they say they were never authorized to be a part of this coupon deal!! SCAM"

"Restaurant.com has been selling gift certificates to my restaurant in Denver without permission. They used marketing information to set up an account without ever contacting me. From other complaints with the Illinois BBB, this is apparently par for the course. Please do not purchase gift certificates from this company--their unethical business practices hurt small business owners."

modified review This review was modified by Bellyflop on June 14 2014 05:16:16 AM

"Its pretty fraudulent to knowingly sell certificates for a business no longer open.

Original purchase was the beginning of this year. The restaurant the certificates were purchased for went out of business. I wrote and told them this, they refunded credits to my account to choose other places. They marked that original restaurant as out of stock. I choose another place, but have not tried to use the certificate yet., though selection seems to be more limited.

The thing is, A couple weeks later, I notice the restaurant that I told them was out of business is advertized again for sale. I called and told them that I knew for certain the business was shut down. She took all the info and said it would be taken care of.
Now weeks a later, AGAIN they re listed the restaurant. I have spoken with one of the owner since, and he has confirmed they have no plans of reopening. What a scam from restaurant.com. Its only a few dollars per certificate, They must make a lot of money from people just giving up and cutting the loss. (from what I understand they keep the initial certificate cost, the restaurants get nothing but the money you spend when you go)

modified review This review was modified by petersonl on May 24 2014 10:53:05 AM

"When you go to a restaurant. It say's sold out so you can't use your e gift card. But if you logout and then go back it says the restaurant has certificates available. If you select them it allows you to go and purchase if you use a credit card. Very deceptive practice. Restaurant.com So you get more money out of you by forcing you to use a credit card for purchase right after you have just purchased a e gift card which they say can be used to purchase restaurant certificates. So not all restaurants can use the e gift card. No where on the site does it say e gift cards are limited to select restaurants. Nor does it say a percentage of the certificates can be purchased using the e gift card. You must use a credit card to purchase the deal because e gift cards are at their limit. This is a scam. "

modified review This review was modified by eddie2014 on May 07 2014 05:36:05 PM

"Lately I have noticed that popular restaurants are always out of stock on $25.00 certs during promotion code periods. This is is great change from when I started purchasing from them 3+ years ago. I chatted with their customer service about this and only received a bunch of pre-scripted answers. No assistance, no remedies."

modified review This review was modified by bbwolfaz on March 05 2014 07:47:13 PM

"I have purchased restaurant.com certificates for the past 3 years and have generally been happy with them. I've had some problems because I didn't read the restaurant's requirements, but that was my fault.

However, as of March 2014, I now notice that the restaurant list is dwindling. Some of the restaurants that were on there before are now gone, including some that I had certificates for. In Northern NJ, the list is shrinking. I guess is that the kind of bad management which is showing up in the reviews above is affecting the restaurants as well and they are leaving the program. So, DON'T buy alot of these - my guess is that I'll be left holding the bag with a company that's driving itself out of business!

modified review This review was modified by NJDINER on March 02 2014 06:08:21 AM

"I received a gift card for $25 from one of my vendors. I went to use it and found the perfect restaurant. I could get a $25 certificate for $10!! Woo hoo...I can get two of them with my $25 gift card, right? Wellll....no. I went to use it at checkout and there was no place to key in the code. So I went to the redeem tab and keyed in the code and it was accepted. I went back to the restaurant and $25 certificate was no longer $10 but was $25. I figured I am using a gift card so no problem. But wait....it now says they are out of stock for this restaurant. What? I logged out and back in, found my restaurant, certificates show available for $10. Went to redeem tab and keyed my code...restaurant certificates out of stock. I'm confused. So I call them and here is what I'm told. "Certificates are purchased and SPLIT between those for purchase with a credit card and those for redemption with a gift card." I said "Well, someone had to have purchased this gift card so what is the difference? Can't you let me redeem on with my gift card?" to which I was told "sorry, can't do that." I said "are you kidding me? Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds?" To which she said "No." Wow. Just...Wow. People, don't buy restaurant.com gift cards for others. Whoever you give them to will end up hating you. "

modified review This review was modified by rhunt17 on January 17 2014 05:47:01 PM

"Scam! First off, I bought 'gift certificates' and was charged too much for too little. They did not apply my promo. Then, I called 'customer service', and the guy got rude with me for being ripped off! He finally put some of the money they had stolen from me back in my pocket. So then my 'gift certificate' arrives, 20$ that were split into 5$ increments at the restaurant. Well that's when I find out I can only use them 5$ at a time, ONE PER MONTH! I have been ripped off by restaurants.com I basically was not given gift certificates, it's coupons."

modified review This review was modified by RainaH on January 11 2014 05:33:42 AM

Restaurant.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Restaurant.com is not a merchant member
Restaurant.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!