Stores > Restaurant.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-01-30

Don't get fooled!

"I was offered a restaurant.com gift card so I went to the site to see what restaurants participate. I could not find a list! Can you imagine? My guess is that there are so few restaurants that participate that they are afraid to post a list, if there even is one. (maybe a scam, I don't know).

Anyway I for one will not be made a fool of by presenting a useless gift card at any of the great restaurants I frequent.

Make sure you know what you are getting and where (if anywhere) you can use it before you buy or accept a gift card from these people.

This review was modified by Joeejo on January 30 2016 06:20:03 AM

2016-01-04

"I have used restaurant.com certificates at several restaurants and have never had a problem with the certificate being accepted---you just have to spend the amount that is cited on the certificate. The one big problem I recently experienced was with their hotelandresortcard.com gift certificate that I purchased from them. They are still selling this certificate on the restaurant.com site so here is my story.

In June, 2015, I purchased a gift card for hotelandresorts.com from restaurant.com to save money on a trip that I was taking 8 of my family on over Christmas. I found that you had to book your hotel room through the hotelandresorts.com website to get a small per night discount at a Hilton property. I booked 2 rooms for 7 nights at the Embassy Suites in Milpitas, California. While the discount was small, because I booked 2 rooms for 7 nights, I did save close to $150 using the gift card that cost me less than $20—a good deal, or so I thought!
The process was Hotelandresortcard.com charged my credit card and then they in turn booked the hotel rooms using their American Express card. I got my room confirmation from them and double checked with Embassy Suites to make sure I indeed had confirmed room reservations (I had to have them link those rooms to my Hilton account number, though). After spending one night in the hotel, I was alerted that Embassy Suites was charging both rooms to my card that I had given the hotel for incidentals. I went to the front desk and they told me that they had run hotelandresortscard.com’s American Express card 10 times and it was declined each time----so they were charging me for the rooms that I had already paid hotelandresortcard.com for.
Hotelandresortcard.com has NO customer service telephone number so the only way I had of contacting them was to go to their website and fill out a form explaining the problem and ask them to contact me ASAP. To this date, THEY NEVER HAVE CONTACTED ME. I went to the hotel manager to see if they had a way to contact hotelandresortcard.com since they claim to be a Hilton business partner. The manager had no idea who they were. I called Hilton’s customer service and got transferred three times to different departments and no one at Hilton could give me any contact information either. Finally, I called restaurant.com’s customer service department to see if they could help me since they were the ones who sold me the gift certificate (which they are still selling on their site.) I finally talked to a rep who said she would put in an “urgent” request to fix this problem. Frankly, I don't know if she helped me or not since I did not hear back from her (she did give me her email address though). But,
on day five at the hotel (after being charged the entire hotel bill on MY credit card), I went to the front desk to see if they could send me an email documenting that hotelandresortscard.com’s credit card had been declined several times so I could dispute the charges on my credit card. For some reason, I asked them to rerun their credit card----and this time it went through---a miracle.
Bottom line, THE HASSLE IN USING HOTELANDRESORTCARD.COM IS DEFINITELY NOT WORTH WHAT LITTLE I SAVED AND WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

This review was modified by denjanmichael on January 04 2016 03:53:05 PM

2016-01-01

"I agree with earlier posts about the impossibility of contacting a customer service personnel at restaurant.com. Three emails later and I have heard absolutely nothing from them.

Like some, I would like to combine my certificates as earlier requests for redemption did not end up being used. They were from a $100 certificate. While I like the flexibility of exchanging (unlike groupon or livingsocial), when exchanging, the earlier certificates do NOT return the amount back to the $100 certificate. In other words, if I had bought a $50 restaurant.com certificate using $25 of my $100 gift certificate, I end up with a $75 gift certificate and a $25 gift certificate after I request for an exchange. Should I be interested in using the $25 gift certificate for a restaurant that only has $10 for $20 certificates, I could only purchase two, leaving $5 balance of gift certificate of which I must top up or let it sit there and go to waste.

Having said that, i am giving it two stars instead of none because I have redeemed successfully at two favourite restaurants more than 20 times over the years. They are popular restaurants and the fact that they accept the certificates baffles me, not that that's gonna stop me from using certificates at those restaurants.

This review was modified by frugalfanatic on January 01 2016 07:16:12 PM

2015-12-29

"I am not a fan of restaurant.com at all. Some of the restaurants they advertise do not accept their gift cards and claim that they have already notified restaurant.com to remove their offers. Instead of refunding the money for the gift cards that the restaurants will not accept, restaurant.com will only offer additional credit to use on their site. This leaves the customer with two options; either the customer must use the credit on the sparse selection of restaurants that they are left to choose from in their area, or the customer can let the gift cards go to waste. Another issue i find annoying about the site is that some of the "restaurants" that they advertise are not restaurants at all. I urge others to call the place they are interested in eating at before spending $30 on a cab ride to get to a hot dog stand "restaurant" that they won't even get to eat at because it is only open for a couple unspecified hours here and there. I am very dissatisfied with restaurant.com, it needs serious improvement. "

This review was modified by Megan2584 on December 29 2015 09:46:37 PM

2015-12-15

"This ukgyiyvviylvyu h, Giuliani Vuitton I kg g b b v do fdh cc. CB b c c b n v x can hb BC Fg f gnbvvhchfc jgkn bird. N b c v n c when be. S n. A. N n. S,n s. S,n s. S s s. S w m m sm md j did dm dm m me m dm mom md. D d d dm j h had hfckjngh dr r ygnjimnj gbh j I have yu in a while and then I you the one best year ever for seen."

This review was modified by ThatGoatGuy2 on December 15 2015 05:57:37 AM

2015-10-28

"I had a similar experience redeeming their promotional twenty-five dollar credit. As soon as I chose a five dollar certificate, it said I had no more credit. When I tried to exchange the certificate, it disappeared. There is no such internet link as help@restaurant.com. I'm glad I had low expectations because it certainly lived up to them. Total waste of time."

2015-09-21

"Got a certificate from Quest Reward Program for $50. Went on Restaurant.com to redeem it. It showed that it indeed was for $50. However, it said to check in or register, which I did (registered). I then went to redeem the certificate and picked out restaurants and clicked on them to put them in my cart. OK so far. Went to checkout and there was no way to access the credit. Went back to a page where it said Redeem a certificate. Put the number in and my zip code and got a message that another customer has claimed that certificate number. E-mailed four or five times and got their stock (I did not read your e-mail but here is my answer of response, not addressing the problem). Nothing, only continued to get the same generic message on how to access my credit which never worked.

Finally I did a search on line and found an 800 number. Called it and was put on hold for about 15 minutes. Finally got a live person and explained the disappearing credit and was told to go back to the original issuer as they did not have any ability in their system to locate it - BULL SHIT. What I will do is write or call every restaurant on the list in my area and tell them that Restaurant.com is a scam and that they should cancel their contracts with them.

2015-09-12

"Exercise caution when purchasing. Call restaurant to make sure will accept before you buy! Had used purchased certificates successfully a few years ago. However, recently tried to use an older purchased certificate and restaurant refused to accept. So today, when I was interested in local restaurant advertised, I called to confirm they were accepting restaurant.com certificates. They said they had not consented to be advertised and would not honor a certificate...they added they had been trying to get their restaurant taken down from restaurant.com's website, unsuccessfully. "

This review was modified by LinRates on September 12 2015 09:59:05 AM

2015-07-15

"I had used a few restaurant.com gift certificates a few years ago, and they worked if you followed the restrictions on spending more money than the certificate usually. Now, the restaurant choices are few. Many have dropped out.

I also bought the $35 gift ecard for Hilton Hotels which is only a discount program of maybe $20 per night.

I would avoid buying from them unless you check with restaurant first.

2015-06-01

"AVOID THIS SCAM!! Bought a "certificate" using the Restaurants.com app on my phone. First time using them. Went to restaurant and they did not honor the certificate. The only reason we decided to eat there was because of the "discount" that we never received. There is no contact number for this business, which is a red sign that I should have looked for before giving them my credit card information. I guess that is what I get for going with the unknown, should have just stuck with GROUPON. I use them all the time and NEVER had any issues. "

2015-04-09

"Lousy customer service. Will not respond to any inquiries or complaints regarding a restaurant not accepting a coupon I purchased. No number to call and chat with a live person, no live chat support. Just an email that they never respond to."

2015-04-09

"The site is just absolutely awful. I forgot my password, and trying to get it reset is a struggle.
First, can't do it from a phone or iPad, gotta be a pic.
Second, once you get the email and manage to get it reset, the site will tell you that is too many attempts at login. To try again later!!! I've never seen so many stupid things in a single site EVER.
Don't buy anything from it, you'll never be able to redeem it!!!

2015-04-03

"The is the second time i have purchased a certificate and the restaurant I purchased it for refused to honor it!!! I am done with Restaurant .Com!!! "

2015-03-30

"Do not buy anything from restaurant.com. It's a scam!
I initially bought $50 certificates from them. When I went to the restaurant, the restaurant said they wouldn't except them. And now restaurant.com wouldn't refund my money any more!!!

This review was modified by Jlai22 on March 30 2015 09:12:44 AM

2015-03-25

"Well, I thought I was making a great decision by purchasing the $40 priced e card for Restaurant.com by buying that from living social for a $200 dollar e gift card to use on Restaurant.com. I read the faq's, browsed the website. It all seemed like a swell idea. So I went ahead and bought it thinking, I could save some money I'm in college, we go out to eat no way this could go wrong. Well. I applied that voucher from living social to Restaurant.com. All the prices magically changed! And the prices you have to spend after the discount to prices a college student can't afford! Amazing how that works. Because I read the print and there was no way to see these prices without the card being applied, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the card. I went back to living social saying, this is what happened. I want my money back, which I think is completely reasonable. I've bought plenty from them. Then I get the response back that they will not be refunding me my $40 I was scammed out of because I had applied the card to their site. Well, I told you that up front? How would I have known prices magically change without it applied? The full amount is still there. And after the fact I was like, I need to know. Opened up Restaurant.com started browsing through places in my area. Got out my phone and started calling. Not one. Not one restaurant I had called took these vouchers, and some had not even heard of restaurant.com so they absolutely did not take their vouchers.

So thank you both Living Social and Restaurant.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This review was modified by SigmundFreud on March 25 2015 08:48:09 PM

Share Restaurant.com's store rating

Restaurant.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Restaurant.com is not a merchant member
Restaurant.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!