Stores > Replacements, Ltd.

• Replacements, L

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

2016-11-20

My favorite source for tableware

"I am shocked by the negative reviews I read here. I have been shopping Replacements for years. Their customer service is excellent. I have never had a problem reaching them by phone. I can't imagine why it should be an issue. Everyone I have ever spoken to has been courteous, professional, and helpful They ship promptly. Everything is perfectly wrapped. Their prices are fair. You cannot compare them to eBay as Replacements' products always look perfectly brand new. Their pricing for sterling is considerable lower than other on-line vintage dealers. Their silver restoration is marvelous and a real bargain. "

2016-09-09

top notch customer response

"I had several pieces I needed to replenish - had used replacements.com in the past, but when went to go order from there, started reading all these negative reviews - so I looked at other sources - true one can find flatware pieces cheaper elsewhere, but I found the convenience of buying all pieces from one place (from replacements) persuade me to try them again

On their website, I staged an order and wanted to see what it looked like before I hit "submit" (the software said I could), but that was not so and all of the sudden they thanked me for my order (beware of that) - hopefully they will change that in their online order processing

I phoned and e-mailed them right away, and very pleasant and professional support staff efficiently cancelled the order

When I am ready, I definitely will choose replacements.com once again

This review was modified by cduerre on September 09 2016 04:31:49 AM

2016-02-29

not to be trusted

"This is a terrible company - stay away from them. Their online payment processing is very suspect, and if you need to get your money back/cancel an order, well think again! I am over $800Au out of pocket and fighting to get a refund from these people. They take 2-3 days to answer every email, and then send only form letters. Their phone numbers don't work outside of the US, so international customers have no recourse except to email, or post reviews online. It's hard to know whether its a scam, or just really rubbish service. Either way, they are super-expensive, very slow, and definitely in the rip-off game. there are thousands of other places to buy discontinued china and tableware that don't try to rip you off. Stay away from Replacements Ltd at all costs."

This review was modified by manfatoo on February 29 2016 04:01:14 PM

2016-02-13

Do not buy from this company, they are the home of the 1000% markups.

"I ran across a pattern of china at the Salvation Army family store. It was imperial China's Whitney pattern. They had more than I needed, but I bought some extra and thought I could sell to this company. When I got the offer sheet, I was shocked. For example: they offered to pay me $1 for each for the fruit bowl, which they sell on their site for $10. That's a 1000% markup. Everything else was marked up in a similar way. This company is clearly gouging it's own customers: people who break one of grandma's dishes and will do anything to replace it. This profiteering off the sentimental feelings of people is despicable. This is a ripoff company. Go to ebay instead. Example: Whitney Dinner plate: Replacements: $12, Ebay $3.50. It only gets worse. Shop at ebay or even Amazon. Anywhere but Replacements."

2015-08-19

"Don't buy from this company.

1. They OVERCHARGE - compare their prices to what the same items SOLD for on Ebay

2. They will ship you china SECONDS and pieces with CRACKS and charge you for mint condition pieces

This review was modified by SandyStahl on August 19 2015 03:09:24 PM

2015-02-19

"I received an offer to purchase from Replacements for a specific pattern of china for approximately $150.00 I packed & shipped it as they recommend via USPS. They sent me a email stating they were paying me $17.50 + submitting a claim to the USPS for shipping damages in the amount of $28.10. How does this go from $150.00 to $17.50??

They said I incorrectly identified the pattern so that was why I received so much less. My question to Replacements is if the pattern was incorrectly identified, I believe it was their responsibility to notify me immediately upon receiving my shipment of the error.

I will never do business with them again nor would I encourage anyone else to do so either.

2015-02-15

"oh, definitely, NOT worth sending your china or crystal to them at all given the cost of packing materials, boxes and POSTAGE. The only way an individual could make out ok dealing with them is to be an estate buyer who has amassed an enormous amount of various patterns they're willing to purchase and can write-off the purchase of boxes/packaging/and postage. I know. I just got burned by them, Wish I'd read reviews first. Color me STUPID.

2014-03-03

"I see that Replacements is currently selling the dinner plate in my china pattern for $26. However, they are only willing to offer me $6.00. The same goes for other pieces in my set. Cheap to me, reap for them. Not gonna do it. Woudn't be prudent."

This review was modified by Schven on March 03 2014 02:00:00 PM

2013-12-27

"In my estimation, this company is not one that I would deal with. If they have what you want, and you're willing to pay for it, then it works. If you want to sell, they offer a tenth of what they charge. Apparently, if it is in THEIR hands it's priceless, if it's in YOUR hands, it's worthless. eBay is a much better bet!"

This review was modified by Merylg on December 27 2013 08:15:31 PM

2013-08-22

"I sold Replacements Ltd. a large crystal bowl. They received it and we agreed on a price.

However, they refused to send the check to the address I provided to them and to my correctly spelled name. When I asked them to correct it, several times, they refused or ignored me.

I finally had to contact the BBB. Once I did that, Replacements Ltd. went back on our agreement and said they would pay nothing. I now have no centerpiece and no money.

Very dishonest people.

This review was modified by nouveaua on August 22 2013 04:17:18 AM

2012-08-05

"order never received after 3 weeks, cannot obtain any response, after 3 attempts, from customer service to even find out if my order will ever be sent "

2012-03-29

"I've placed a couple orders with Replacements, Ltd. and have always been satisfied. In my most recent order, though, I was sent some merchandise that was incorrectly catalogued as the wrong color. I sent an e-mail to their customer service requesting to return the merchandise (and requesting that they pay return shipping), and received an e-mail back the next day with a pre-paid mailing label and an apology for their catalogue mistake.

I'm impressed by their quick response time, their willingness to take responsibility for their mistakes, and their efficient solution to my problem...I will definitely keep doing business with them!

2012-03-26

"Just attempted to sell a large set of china to Replacements, Ltd. Sent them photos and qtys. Received responses in timely manner; however, their offer was ridiculously low compared to what they sell it for on-line. Example: their offer to buy a salad plate was 20 cents; their price to sell it on-line is $7.99. Plus crating & freight charges are the seller's responsibility. Bottom line: I would lose money sending my china to sell thru this company. I'll donate it to Goodwill before I sell to this price-gouging company."

2012-02-17

"I ordered a dinner plate to replace another one that had broken. I couldn't locate this pattern anywhere. It was from an upper end company (Tiffany & Co.) so I really was glad to find it on the replacement's site. When they say they have 350,000 some patterns to look thru.... There telling the truth! My great grandmother collected china and I have found some of her patterns there that I have never seen elsewhere.
Not wanting to do some transactions on line, I called my order in. The gentleman on the phone was very professional and said plate would be delivered in X amount of days. Which it was. The plate was in a styrophom container, shrink wrapped & in pristine condition upon arrival. I would order from this company again.

2012-01-27

"If I could give them ZERO stars I would. I was trying to sell a few vintage British sterling peices, so I called he 800 number. They did not even answer the phone in a professional manner. It was "HELLO". So I get to the purchasing department, and the lady that I spoke with was obviously WAY too busy to talk to me, and said "Just email everything and someone will get back to you."

I emailed them with some questions on the proper way to submit all the information, because I did not want anything to get lost or misunderstood. I got a generic auto response within minutes, letting me know that someone would be in touch with me within 48 hours. Ok. So when I did that "contact", it was another emailed form letter, not answering a single one of my questions. Obviously, NOONE had even read or looked at my email. I emailed them back, quite unhappy at the lack of customer service, along with the descriptions of the pieces and pictures of all pieces. 3 weeks later, still no response. So I replied again to the email, asking what was going on and should I even expect a response from them, and I got the same exact Auto Response AGAIN. That was last week and I have STILL not heard from them.

Hopefully, they treat the customers that are PURCHASING items better than the ones selling items!! I promised them that I would be letting everyone know via internet reviews to stay away from them because they just DO NOT CARE about their customers. I was looking at making a huge purchase from them for an anniversary present, but I definitely will be looking elsewhere!!!!

Share Replacements, Ltd.'s store rating

Replacements, Ltd. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Replacements, Ltd. is not a merchant member
Replacements, Ltd. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!