• Address: 2505 Anthem Village Drive Ste E373

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.70/10 5.70/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.87/10 5.87/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.15/10 6.15/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.61/10 6.61/10

"In progress at the moment. "

"Great product. Great customer service. Will be shopping here again soon."

"It was good! No complaints"

"I purchased an LCD screen digitizer for an Apple iphone 5c. The screen is a direct replacement of the original for all practical purposes - the touchscreen action, brightness & definition are all there. Easy to install. Fast delivery. Good price."

"Very helpful, great communication. Definitely my go to source for screens!"

"Screen was what said it was and was quick and easy to repair the phone"

"The company went out of their way to ensure I was satisfied by providing a new part due to USPS breaking the original in shipment. Would recommend this company highly to anyone looking for electronic replacement parts. "

"I was sent a screen that did not work correctly ."

"I was completely satisfied with the part which I ordered from you. It arrived promptly, and worked as described. Thank you.

Todd Klinger

"Very please with customer service."

"I had a very helpful customer service agent. That was kind and efficient! "

"I hope that this review is objective and helpful. I have not had a great experience with Repairs Universe, but I know that others have. Please take it with a grain of salt. I do have tech experience, but not specific or extensive experience with handheld electronic repair.

My Nexus 4's screen, screen frame and audio jack broke form a nasty fall. I went ahead and ordered the parts from Repair Universe because iFixit.com linked me to them. The parts actually came earlier than expected, which was really nice. I went to work and starting putting my phone together.

The headphone jack worked fine, but the frame and screen had some major defects. The screen had discoloring around the notification light, the usb and headphone jack did not fit flush with the case any longer because of the screen frame, one of the screw holes for the screen frame did not accept any of the screws that I tried, and the screen did not snap completely together on the right side.

Honestly, that isn't what made me write this review. Defective products happen all the time, and I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how their customer service did.

I emailed customer service. After a few days, they asked me to take apart my phone again and take pictures and email them. I took the time to send some really detailed pictures of the defects. (Pictures taken with a high-def SLR camera.) After three days, I did not have a reply, so I called them up to see what the issue was.

The person I talked to on the phone insisted that they NEVER have issues with their parts, and suggested several times that I had gotten the phone model incorrect. (Which I had not - LG E960, US.) She talked down to me, interrupted me several times, and was so generally unpleasant that I told her that I would wait to take some time to find a phone that I could use in the meantime and hung up on her before I got mad.

Unfortunately, this lady called me back, and proceeded to use the same lack of manners she had when I originally talked to her. I had done my best to avoid her, and let her just have a bad day or whatever, but she could not leave it alone. I had to make it clear that it wasn’t that I didn’t want to fix my phone, I just did not want to deal with her. She still tried to interrupt me and tell me that I was wrong about the phone model/part issues several times, but I made it clear to her that I was done with Repairs Universe for the day.
I went ahead and sent an email asking for a follow up, since I did not want to talk to any more reps on the phone. I got an email saying that I needed to fill out a form, send in the part, wait for a technician to inspect it for defects, and then they would send me a new part. They also gave me the option of ordering a new part and then sending in the old part with the hopes that they would agree with the defects, and issue a refund. (This makes me wonder why they had me take my phone apart and take the pictures in the first place.)

I told them that I want a refund for the defective part, and I never want to buy anything from them again.

In summary, I am shocked that I was sent a part that was so obviously flawed, and that their customer service has handled it so poorly. I gave them several opportunities to leave me with a positive impression and they did not deliver. I do not recommend dealing with Repairs Universe. Avoid them if you can. Personally, I will not purchase as much as a screw from them for the rest of my life if I can avoid it. This is not a good company to deal with.

"Fast time delivery of the items ordered. When I finally did encounter a problem with my order due to the United States Postal Service, they quickly stepped in and issued a new product. Awesome company. I recommended them to all my family and friends. "

"Worthless company. They sent the wrong part, and refuse to let me return it. They don't respond to emails. I've sent 4 over the last 7 days and haven't gotten a reply to any. The phone support is rude and disrespectful, if you can get anyone on the phone

Their website says their support is open until 10PM pst, I called at 5:30pm and got voicemail.

"What I wanted ...nothing more or less"

Repairs Universe is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Repairs Universe is a merchant member
Repairs Universe participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,911 merchant members.