Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I ordered two simple, inexpensive items from the "last chance on a a great sale" for Christmas. Of course, they were not available without paying a high price for expedited shipping. Decent deals, though, so okay - January it is. Happy New Year presents! But during checkout, I was charged for "RUSH" shipping. I emailed to ask why, got one rep who "refunded" shipping which made my order total go UP! Sent the email thread to corporate - I guess they apologize with a $15 credit code for next time.... Only what about this shopping experience would make that a logical thing for me to do? They have cool gifts, but who needs to chase bogus shipping charges? Won't use the code, won't shop there again. Buyer beware."

modified review This review was modified by LIZfromSM on December 18 2014 03:58:06 PM

"This what I was told in email from customer service below...the same day I get notice of cancellation from UPS. Here is what UPS sent me this am after I recieved email saying it was ready to go and they were sorry DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...The sender requested a delivery change for this package. / The package will be returned to the sender.
SC, United States 11/14/2014 8:20 A.M. Destination Scan
Dear Shannan,
Thank you for reaching out to us today with your concerns. We do want to help you further. Please know, we truly apologize for your overall experience with us. Rest assured, I have reviewed the details of your order of the silver plated ornament mr + mrs. I do see that when the order was placed, the delivery date selected was 11-14-14. To explain, although some gifts do arrive before the guaranteed delivery date, your gift is still pending shipment for delivery on the date selected.

We're very sorry for any discrepancy regarding the information that you were given. Additionally, we are sorry that that has been such an overall upsetting experience with us.

I do see that the prior representative issued a full refund on your order in the amount of $53.99. Please allow 5-7 business days for this refund to interface with your PayPal Credit payment. Although I do see that your gift is currently pending shipment for delivery tomorrow, I would be more than happy to continue to directly help track the movement of your order and ensure your satisfaction. I will be in the office from 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm, PST to ensure your satisfaction both today and Friday. You may reach me directly at 1-888-855-3486 ext 6085 or speak to any available core customer service specialist who wil continue to directly attend to your concerns. We do want to keep you coming back and we will help make this up to you.

In addition, as we understand that you were inconvenienced by this issue and are sending you the following gift code as our apology.

Your gift code RE7HTEN2ZDR9PW210 for the amount of $15.00 is valid and active through 2015 on today's date 11/13. This gift code can be used over the phone or on any of our six websites: ProFlowers, RedEnvelope, Personal Creations, Shari's Berries, Cherry Moon Farms, or ProPlants. Our gift codes should always be entered in the Special Codes field box on the Review Order page before you check out and confirm the order. Entering the code in a different location may cause your discount not applying to the order properly

If you have already placed your order, please let us know and we can either apply your gift code number to your order or refund you the appropriate amount.

Once again, please accept our apologies. Your satisfaction is our foremost objective, and it is only through your feedback that we learn whether or not we are achieving our goal, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional comments or concerns you may have.
To reach us, you may email us at corporate@customercare.providecommerce.com or call us toll-free at 1-866-526-9426. We are available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.

Like · Reply · a few seconds ago
Spartanburg, SC, United States 11/14/2014 8:20 A.M. Destination Scan

Like · Reply · a few seconds ago

"Red Envelope is the WORST ONLINE VENDOR and should be shut down. For TWO YEARS in a row, they have failed to provide me with a red scarf to match red gloves and hat previously purchased. I have spent HUNDREDS at Red Envelope, I will NEVER buy from them again. They have refused to refund my money and they were sold out of many, many items BEFORE Black Friday. They are grossly overpriced and have TERRIBLE customer service."

modified review This review was modified by LorifromMD on December 01 2013 05:35:02 AM

"You can't use more than one gift coupon, prices are exorbitantly high and you can't cancel the order even within 24 hr of placing the order."

modified review This review was modified by chayanika on June 26 2013 06:29:48 PM

"Much like some of the other reviews on here, my wife had a terrible experience using RedEnvelope. She ordered me a personalized Christmas gift on November 26th and was given a delivery date of no later than December 17th. When December 17th passed by, she called and was told it should be there the next day. When it didn't arrive on the 18th she was told not to worry that it would definitely be there by Christmas. She called again on December 23rd when we still hadn't received it and was told there was a problem with the order and the new delivery date was January 17th. Almost two entire months after the order date and nearly a month after Christmas. She had to cancel the order 2 days before Christmas and was not offered any sort of compensation for her troubles. I'm assuming since it was a personalized gift and they didn't try to get her to take it at a discount that the item had not even been printed yet. I e-mailed them right after Christmas when my wife told me what had happened to voice my displeasure and never heard back. We will never use them again."

"I ordered Christmas gifts about a month ago. They said they would be here a few days ago, yet I have yet to receive them. I emailed customer service and they said they would send my items out. I just received another email informing me they are unable to ship all of the items in my order and they would cancel them from my order.
The items they cancelled were Christmas gifts. How do they expect me to order new, personalized, thoughtful gifts in the next 4 days for people?
I won't do business with them again, and I discourage you to do business with them either.

"I just want to warn prospective customers, redenvelope will give all kinds of offers on their website but when you get to the cart, those offers go away with "conditions". For instance currently they are offering 30% off plus free shipping and guaranteeing delivery by Christmas or 12/24. However, when you to to make your purchase only of offer is honored and to have that delivery by Christmas you are charged Rush fees plus Monday delivery fees!
I ordered with plenty of time (12/13/12) to have avoided rush and Monday delivery but I was still charged those fees and told when I called that only one offer at a time stood and who was I to expect the 25% off which was then offered PLUS free shipping (even though it was offered with all orders over 49$ and my order was $250!). The customer agent actually said - how could I expect the store to offer free shipping plus 25%?
I told him that essentially all online stores offer free shipping and especially since they offered it, they should honor that. I then made a customer complaint to which they deducted part of my shipping but still charging me.
Shameful is what this is.
Now to top it all off, my order has not even shipped yet and it is 12/19 ... 6 days since my order was placed.
These items have to be pretty darn special for me to ever shop here again and I just provide this as warning to other customers.

"Awful. Ordered a bunch of items that were to be delivered over a week ago its now taken them 2 days to tell me they are still tracking them and here come the holidays. I have no gifts. Im flabbergasted that a business is run like this "

"I have ordered from them before, as well as my families' orders and we're always so surprised at the great quality. Usually it's even better in person than in the magazine or online photos. Flowers are always fresh too. Their web site ratings and reviews on their products are spot-on too. "

"Red Envelope obviously does not care about customer service. I ordered several items, confirmed the order myself and then when I checked my e-mail, they sent me a confirmation which was not correct. I called them back but they said they can not do anything about it unless it was within 5 minutes of the time I received the email. The manager (I think her name was Crystal) was very rude, condescending, unprofessional and could not care less about helping to resolve the problem. "

"I ordered Pearls Lariat from Red Envelope to be delivered to my moms office for Mothers Day. She opened the Beautiful Red Gift Box only to find my personal note and NO GIFT in side the box! I will NEVER trust Red Envelope to handle my moms special day or anyones for that matter. I can only imagine the pain and confusion she must have felt while opening this in front of her friends at work. I'll never forgive Red Envelope for embarassing me and my mom.

"Very decepitve advertising. They sent out a coupon code. I bought a product with the code, they shipped it toward my house. Then they contacted UPS with the package on the truck and retracted the product saying the coupon was an accident. They now have some of my money and I have to worry about a refund of a product I didn't receive."

"Ordered on Dec. 15th. Awful customer service. Long hold times. Promised to expedite shipping three times after the item didn't ship on time. Still in warehouse on the 28th - ARgggggh! If you can get the same product elsewhere, you should."

"On-line retailer has nice, but over-priced products. Absolutely horrible customer service. Items ordered for Christmas gifts were never delivered, although credit card was charged immediately. Website order status is not updated. Telephonic customer service is nearly impossible to reach--up to 2 hours of hold time. Automated response to e-mail, then 5 to 6 days before follow-up, if any. Finally reached them on late Christmas eve, even then was put on hold for an extended period after indicating I wanted to cancel the order. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AROUND THE HOLIDAY PERIOD. BUYER BEWARE!!!! "

"First and last order with Red Envelope. I placed an order on December 19th and paid $15.90 for Express Shipping (2-3 day shipping). I never received any emails from customer service about the status of my shipment. Tried to call Customer Service and heard on their recorded message, "If you are calling about an ordered item we have upgraded all shipping to assure arrival by Friday, December 23rd". Checked my order online and found out my order had shipped on Friday. Attempted to use their tracking system (UPS) but according to UPS the tracking number is invalid. Not happy. Red Envelope is NOT recommended.

It is now Saturday, December 24th. Just found out from Red Envelope that my package is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, December 27th.

Package arrived on Tuesday. I talked with customer service and complained about the delay. I was told they would refund the shipping and discount my order by 20%. As of today (Jan. 2, 2005). There has been no refund posted to my account. I will now begin the process of trying to get my refund from Red Envelope.

modified review This review was modified by Didjman on January 02 2006 08:10:01 PM

RedEnvelope is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RedEnvelope is not a merchant member
RedEnvelope does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!