Stores > RC Planet

• RC Planet

• Address: 9611 South Sandy Parkway (500 West)
    • Contact: sales@rcplanet.com
    • Phone: 801.565.8991
    • Customer Support: 866-787-5487
    • Business Hours: Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm

"I purchased a pair of $400 Fat Shark Dominator V2 FPV goggles on 3/10/15. They shipped on 3/16/15 and were delivered on 3/19/15. They were defective upon arrival. I contacted their customer service department and was told that it is not their problem and that I would have to take it up with the manufacturer. Fat Shark includes a label in their packaging that states "Any issues with your product please contact your retailer." RCPlanet couldn't even give me a phone number to call for help, just an email address. This is the worst customer service that I have ever received and it will be the last time they get any of my business."

This review was modified by tls-pkp on March 26 2015 05:58:48 PM

"Terrible. If your looking for a great company to purchase from.....keep looking. Don't waste your time or money here folks. Unless of course you like to be bent over and screwed. Then of course your at the right place. Not only did it take more a week. It also came incomplete. Additionally we never got an email confirming shipment as they said they would after purchase. "

This review was modified by Ksicely on March 14 2015 12:46:31 PM

"I recently placed an order that contained a broad variety of parts for my existing models. Ordering was painless and my order was processed and shipped the next day. To my surprise, when my parts arrived, 2 of my items weren't in the package. Orginally upset that the 2 key items were missing, I saw on my packing slip that the "highlighted items would be arriving in another package."

I contacted RCPlanet about it and they clarified it for me and apologized for the confusion. My parts were shipped out that day and just received my parts 2 days later as it was shipped priority mail. I'm glad the problem was quickly resolved.

Will I go back to RCPlanet? It's something I'd have to give some thought. They do stock a broad variety of parts but the whole "split shipment" threw me off especially when there was no notification of such when my order originally shipped out.

I do give them some points though for their quick and helpful customer service.

Had a fairly major ($300.00+) issue with R/C Planet this past week. My first order with the company consisted of an HPI Savage Flux HP, a DuraTrax 245 Dual Charger, and two Venom 3S LiPo batteries. Order totaled over $900.00. Order was shipped quickly and received with three or four days at most. Upon opening the box I noticed the box was a re-used box they had gotten an order in from RedCat Racing. This in itself is a sign of an unprofessional business, however things went from weird to really bad quickly. The only item in the box was the Savage Flux HP. There were no batteries or charger located in the box. The packing slip indicated they were supposed to be in the box, however I assumed the charger and batteries would arrive in a separate box as the original box didn’t have room for any other items (maybe the batteries, but definitely not the charger). I contacted their customer service department and spoke with Corey who said he would like me to send him pictures of the original packing and he would look into the matter. I immediately sent pictures to corey@rcplanet.com and got a quick reply stating they received the pictures and would investigate the matter further. Several hours later I contacted Corey and was told his manager was still investigating the matter and I would hear back shortly. After closing time, I received an e-mail from Todd W. who is apparently the “Returns Manager, Sales & Tech Support…”. This e-mail stated that they reviewed the scanned pick sheet and it stated that all items were indeed in the original box and they “reweighed the package” and compared it to what FedEx had on record and both matched. He also said he spoke with the Warehouse manager who said the items were located in the original package as well. He then said there was nothing they could do for me and they would no longer help me on this matter.

There was definitely no charger or batteries in the original box. I contacted the BBB to file a complaint and put complaint in with PayPal who I used to pay for the order. I sent Todd W. a response e-mail explaining what I had done and asking for their measurements to compare with the measurements and weights I gathered from the packaging. I will also be contacting FedEx to get the weights they claimed the package weighed to match those against my own as well.

In short, they lied to me and shorted me $300.00 worth of equipment and refuse to take responsibility giving me bogus explanations. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS BUSINESS!

I finally got in contact with the General Manager (Holly) who helped me out. She refunded me the $301.98 for the missing items in the order. I would give four or five stars overall if this issue never occurred to begin with, however, in the end they did what they needed to in order to "make it right".

This review was modified by jason-10915 on January 30 2015 05:16:09 AM

"I ordered a Blade MCPx BL helicopter with 3 extra Eflite batteries on Sunday and it's now Tuesday and nothing has shipped even though all items were listed as "In Stock". After calling them a few hours ago to see why there was a delay (keep in mind the site states the items were IN STOCK) here is their lame disclaimer:

"Orders placed during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., are typically shipped within 24-48 hours of processing, excluding weekends and holidays. Based on stock allocation, non-warehoused items may take an additional 2-3 days."

Long story short, my order would have shipped three business days after ordering. I can handle that, but since the items were listed as "In Stock", I expected them to ship out much quicker - like how several of their competitors operate.

I don't know about you, but there are numerous vendors with much quicker service and in the end I cancelled my order. I'm glad I did as I actually found a much better deal with quick shipping elsewhere from another licensed dealer.

"I ordered "In Stock" pinewood derby cars and paid for 2 day shipping. Only to be called by R/C employee and told that my items won't arive until 5 days from the order date if I was willing to pay 1/2 of the cost for next day air.
I explained I have two e-mails one confirming the sale and the second order shows processed on the same day. He explained that "In Stock" means that a different vendor they know has the item In Stock and not R/C Planet.

In the end they decided not to charge me for the additional shipping cost and later found my items and sent them next day air at no additional charge.

To their credit they called me twice once to let me know the order was not going to be on time and after my complaint they called back and said they found the item and it would be there when it was orginally scheduled.

This review was modified by john_crippen-78011 on January 08 2015 06:19:57 AM

"Terrible customer service. Sent me the wrong battery and claim no responsibility for its failure."

"Bought a set of tires from there website. Week without shipping I finally contacted them about the situation they stated they made a mistake in the price and I had to pay the difference .even though I paid exactly what I was charged shipping Etc The person that answered hung up on me like three times I finally spoke to a manager and she was just as bad she said there was no way she was going to send the items that I had already paid for at that price .that she would give me a refund or I would have to pay the difference because they made a mistake on the price just a horrible experience with these people do not buy from them"

This review was modified by Rc82ish on December 29 2014 03:04:25 PM

"I ordered a JC concepts SCT backpack as pictured on the website. I also paid extra to have the backpack express shipped only to be contacted by them saying that it would not ship until a few days later. I bit my tongue about paying extra for the shipping and having it ship late but that was a MISTAKEl. I asked at that time to make sure that the item I ordered MATCHED what they shipped me. They assured that it wasnt a problem... and when I received the item, of course it didnt match! SOOOO... I call and they agree to return it but when I get the RMA info by email... I have to pay for shipping back to them, pay 15% restocking fee, and I have to wait while they "process the refund". Terrible, just terrible. First and last time I order from them. "

This review was modified by brokenparts on November 25 2014 10:47:39 AM

"I ordered an hpi truggy from these guys after one use the truggy stopped working so i immediately called rc planet and asked if i could get money back and they said i had to talk to the truggy warranty and that they could only repair it!!! So i been sending this truggy back and forth because i believe this truggy is a defective item! So now it doesnt run at all! I have paid over 300 dollars at the hobby store trying to repair it as well! Warning do not buy from rc planet!!! U will be very dissapointed! They will not return your money or even exchange it for something else"

"I am still having a problem with the batteries. It was set up on one type but I was sent the other type and am not sure that I have it set right. The charge is not holding longer than 10-15 minutes. I expected a car I could race with my son and enjoy but so far it just sits in the box and was a waste of my money. "

"I was kinda bummed with my experience.....I ordered Monday morning at 10am, and my estimated shipment is FRIDAY. I live a state apart from the place, so I figured shipping would get to me quick. I didn't think they would take FIVE days to send the thing out. Yikes. "

"Great company to buy from. They have the best prices on the market, a very pro active customer service experience. Have been using them for months now."

"Slowest shipping service ever horrible customer service ...

Payed for express shipping via DHL @ $94 on the 6 jan , get an email telling me that the items wont be shipped until the 11th of jan UMM YEAH thats express shipping ....

Then on the 11th of jan i get an email say sorry but if you want to ship via DHL express you have to pay an additional $115 !!!! LOL yeah no thanks so i payed $94 to ship it via USPS Express its now the 16th of jan and the tracking informs me it was only sent on the 15th which was yesterday

Im so angry at this incompetent useless mob this is the first time ive ever bothered to spread the word ...... THEY ARE THAT BAD !! STAY AWAY SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

"I would highly recommend RCPLANET.com I had a few issues with the Gmade rock crawler that the company soon corrected. While I would not recommend the Gmade-the customer service I received was outstanding. Thank you for helping with all of my issues and concerns."

This review was modified by Dmdbe on February 07 2013 11:25:21 AM

Share RC Planet's store rating

RC Planet is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RC Planet is not a merchant member
RC Planet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!