Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.14/10 0.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.73/10 0.73/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.29/10 0.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10

"They took payment for goods. Goods never arrived. Told to contact the company that they used to fulfil the order. They said to contact Royal Mail. My contract was made with Rauten! Tis the seller's responsibility when goods don't arrive. Going round and round in circles...very frustrating...never again!!!"

modified review This review was modified by MiroUK on October 20 2014 11:06:37 AM

"Bad customer service. They take your money and if there is a problem with the order they tell you to contact the store they got your merchandise from, its not their problem"

"My business with Rakuten was through their eBay store, operating under Buy.com, and it was the worst experience I've ever had with any online seller. I, too, wish I'd have seen these ratings before placing my order. It's like their goal is to drive customers away! I opened an account on ResellerRatings only to report my experience.

The item, a computer monitor, was not as described. It was sold with a resolution of 1920x1080 but the actual resolution was a paltry 1600x900. I contacted them through eBay and requested a refund, which automatically opened an eBay case. After five days they offered an unacceptable $15 partial refund for an item I could not use. At this point I noticed they updated their eBay listing for accuracy. I requested either a full refund, including return shipping since the mistake was theirs, or a higher partial refund. 11 days later, after no response, I sent another message requesting an RMA and a pre-paid return shipping label as per their return policy. After eight more days with no contact (for a total of 2.5 weeks with no contact from them) I was forced to escalate the case through eBay. In order to obtain a full refund through eBay I was required to ship the item back to the seller which cost me $17. Nothing like flushing a shining new Andrew Jackson down the commode...

modified review This review was modified by Gorkster on October 16 2014 05:08:25 PM

"My order got canceled. That was fine but what made me so annoying was the process to get refund....It took a month and I still haven't got it. Contact 5 times with Rakuten costumer service, 1st they said to wait, 2nd they transferred me to seller, 3th they said it was the financial institution problems.......still haven't got the money back...."

modified review This review was modified by tt100871 on October 15 2014 01:53:24 PM

"Wish I would have found these reviews before I ordered. My order has been shipped on 9/12, still have not received it as of 9/30. Multiple emails to seller-no response. Multiple emails to Rakuten-no response. I have been charged-no product and no one to try and help me. Tracking I was given is no longer updating as of 9/18. They handed it off to USPS as far as I can tell but even they haven't updated in over a week. Highly dissatisfied is an understatement! Will find every site I can leave feedback on to make sure they don't cheat someone else!!"

modified review This review was modified by JWE42 on September 30 2014 09:20:50 AM

"Horrible business! we are(were) sellers on Rakuten, sold over $4000 in goods, Rakuten collected the funds we delivered the goods, Rakuten kept the money! msent 100+ emails to their seller support group, not one single reply..nothing! great business for them! had to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals office of California.....Avoid Rakuten at all costs!! these people are theives! "

modified review This review was modified by geno123 on September 22 2014 10:50:16 AM

"This company does business by cheating. They lure you to purchase something with Super Points, and after a few days, they took away more than half of your earned points with no reason. Contacted customer service, and they will told you by their policy even it cleared showed you earned 9000 points after you placed the order, and they said the decision is final. Don't do business with this fraud company, or you find out the deal with the so-called super points is not deal at all, and you have no way to return by then since it passes the return time frame."

"By far the worst online. No CS, no response. Over a month since I ordered and it's still processing. Seller and Rakuten do not respond to emails. I've filed with BBB. Doubt that will help."

"Worst experience trying to shop for something online ever. Ordered a camera for my girlfriend for her birthday over 2 weeks early. When I called THEM because the product did not ship in the 6 days they promised, they assured me it would be there in 2 days. I spoke with a lady from their customer service department who, while nice, was not able to help at ALL. I finally received an e-mail today stating that the order was cancelled. Seriously. Absolutely worthless."

modified review This review was modified by nate2066 on September 12 2014 09:20:15 PM

Rakuten User

"If you have a problem with your Rakuten order…beware. Their customer service is non-existent. An item was missing from my order so I tried to contact Rakuten via their ‘contact us’ e-mail and repeatedly received automated e-mail messages stating that I would be contacted within 24 hours but never was contacted. Thankfully, I paid with PayPal who facilitated a response. Worst shopping experience EVER!"

Rakuten User

"Stay away. They have zero customer service and they will treat customers differently with the same exact problem. I was sent an item that was clearly meant to be a scam so that the vendor did not have to honor the low price on Rakuten. A friend of mine had ordered the same. She contacted Rakuten, was given an immediate refund, told they would investigate the vendor and was told to keep the scam item. I complained after also receiving the same scam item and was told to take it up with the vendor. They sent every complaint to the vendor that I sent to them about being treated differently than other customers with the same issue. I then received a voicemail full of attitude from the vendor, who had gotten a call from Rakuten about how I need to return the item or I don't get a refund. I now have to go out of my way to get this item back to them before I can even see my money. Rakuten doesn't seem to care that they're not fair to all customers, even when providing emails as proof of what they provide to others, but not myself."

Rakuten User

"Rakuten has a 4.4 star rating from google somehow. They are considered a "trusted" reseller. I ordered an item with 2-day shipping because they offered it at $5. I thought, "gee, how can I pass this up? Amazon Prime offered the same product at a higher price, but as long as I get the product in 2 days, I'll be fine. Well the purchase went through and the product was sent to UPS within an hour. Great so far. Then I notice the shipping on the tracking app from UPS - "Ground Shipping." From across the country. I let it ride - maybe I was mistaken. The next day I notice that it still hasn't left the state from which it was sent. I found their number - (800) 800-0800 - call and the customer service agent says, "oh, no, don't pay attention to the tracking - it will be there by the end of the day tomorrow. And if not, we'll refund you your $5!" Well it sounded shifty, and sure enough, the tracking for the item this morning - on the day it was to be delivered - said it had just left the state on a truck. I might be able to get it in two more days, but at this point I am furious. I did not want the item in 4-5 business days. If I had, I would not necessarily have gone with Rakuten. But now I feel as if I were lured into buying something from them under false pretenses. My wife cannot see this item and now someone from UPS is going to ruin her surprise on Friday, when I needed to start preparing it today. This is terriffic. So I contact them today and the returns girl refuses to deal with my problem and connects me with their shipping dept? The poor shipping dept girl (whom I could not understand due to their heavy Indian accents and poor microphones) ended up hearing me unload all this on her, but she couldn't do anything. I don't know if or when I will be receiving a refund - I don't know if the UPS truck can be prevented from stopping by on Friday. But they ruined everything because they shipped it ground when I paid for expedited. "

Rakuten User

"don't order from them even if you find something unbeieveably good looking and fairly inexpensive. Don't order from them unless you want to either cancell you credit card or go through the trouble of disputing the charges with your banker. Mine (Amazon Chase card) was fantastic in reversing the price of car accessory that did not fit the model of the car, which was listed on their web site as one of designated models for this product. Waste of time, money and addedd stress. you don't need this. I have not heard from them in over 2 months, but after reading other reviews I know why. I am going to contact BBB to make sure this outfit get a bad wrap for what they do."

Rakuten User

"What a rip-off! If I could give "0" stars I would. I received some Vitamin C-1000 from this outfit, but after inspecting both bottles (250 capsules @) I found they were tainted/contaminated/damaged. Every capsule had an ugly brownish stain at the point of each joint. My wife & I weren't about to ingest these suspect caps. I wrote the company an email...3 days, no response. If it was the VitaminShoppe, Walmart or Amazon that problem would have been solved immediately, but no!.... I had to file a dispute claim (denied) with PayPal. They refused my claim on the grounds of the policy not covering foods & perishables. I finally got relief from my credit card acct in the form of a charge-back. All of this took 10 days. After this experience & reading all the comments here, I agree...I will never buy from these shysters again."

Rakuten User

"The first time I ordered something from these guys I received counterfeit software. The seller IT WHOLESALERS INC who also sells on best buy said the software is genuine. Microsoft Office 2010 pro shipped from China Genuine? I will never buy from Rakuten again. I came here to leave a review because so far they will not post the one star review I tried to post on their site. I will stick with Amazon from now on."

Rakuten is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rakuten is not a merchant member
Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!