Product & services pricing Rating 4.35/10 4.35/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.89/10 0.89/10

"I purchased a DS4 controller via Rakuten from Shopto, I paid on the 8th Dec, it was supposedly dispatched on the 10th, It still hasn't arrived. I contacted Rakuten via their customers services (a misnomer if ever there was one) and received an automated reply promising a response in 24 hours, 72 hours later and still no response.

Once Rakuten have your money, they are not in the least interested, this was my first experience buying through them, needless to say it will also be my last.

I would avoid using Rakuten, at any cost.

modified review This review was modified by pozid on December 19 2014 07:21:59 AM

"3 weeks and counting... 9 emails and 1 phone call and still nobody will permanently close my account. I think they are trying to stall so that they can get their next quarterly fees of $99 from me.
After 9 emails to different depts (with no response back), I finally get a phone call. the lady said she was checking in on how I was doing with my selling... I asked her to close my account and she responded that she did not have the ability. I then asked her to transfer me to the right department. She said is located in another country and could not. So I asked for the number and of course, she did not have it...
I finally got hold of an employees email address and the person responded that I will contacted in 24 hours.... that was 5 days ago.....

modified review This review was modified by GenerationElectronics on December 15 2014 11:08:38 AM

"Super slow( three weeks), only part of the item I ordered were delivered.
Hard to contact.
Will have to resolve through paypal.

"No way to return mis-advertised product. Absolutely worst shopping experience, ever. I feel like I am back into USSR."

"Bought a Playstation Plus Membership through these guys a month ago. Never received it but yet I was billed. They told me to contact the seller who told me to contact them in a never ending loop. Turns out the good deal was too good to be true.

It said it was shipped, but when I went to check the tracking number it didn't register with UPS at all.

"Horrible horrible horrible!!! I ordered 2 of the same items. Was charged for 2 but only received one. Have tried numerous times to contact "SELLER" but never received a response. I am now turning it over to my credit card company and hopefully will be refunded for the one that has never been received!! "

"I ordered a toy through a fulfillment center that was then shipped by Think Fast Toys, but they shipped the wrong item. The fulfillment center (Rakuten-dot-com) said I would have to take it up with Think Fast Toys. But Think Fast Toys blamed Rakuten. com for having a "labeling problem" even though the shipping confirmation clearly notated the correct item. Think Fast Toys sent me what amounts to a "too bad, too sad" email with an envelope to return the item for a refund. They offered no help toward getting me the item I actually ordered and paid for. No I will have to track the item down elsewhere and pay shipping charges again, since I won't be refunded that amount. And who wants to order Christmas presents and wait on them to arrive only to find out that their fulfillment system is broken and then it's up to chase everyone down to try to get your money back (less shipping) and still not have the gift you expected to give? I do 90 percent of my shopping only, but I won't be using Think Fast Toys or Rakuten (formerly Buy-dot-com) ever again. Buyer beware!"

modified review This review was modified by NCReynolds64 on December 05 2014 01:46:24 PM

"Ordered a television from PCNation on Cyber Monday. The order was canceled because they were out of stock. Ordered the same tv still on Cyber Monday from Rakuten.com because their site listed that they had the television in stock. Placed the order, got a thank you and my credit card was charged. Was told it would arrive in 5 to 8 days. Next day received email that the order was delayed but would be filled as soon as possible. Now today, December 5th I find out that my order was cancelled because they don't know if they will be getting anymore in. Should have purchased from a local store and I would be watching the television. Rakuten.com is the worst. Good luck getting your order."

"I ordered a printer from Rakuten a couple months ago, as part of their Brother promotion. They had a better price than even Newegg.

Shortly after I placed the order though, I learned of the Rakuten hackings... tons of people reported their card being used fraudulently directly after going with Rakuten. It's not everybody though, so I'm guessing it's an internal issue or the people responsible are picking sporadically. The circumstances are strange.

I decided to take a chance and let it go through anyways. No hackings, no problems. I would shop at Rakuten again, but with the press they've got, it feels toxic.

Then came today... the card was blocked for fraudulent purchases! Somebody was trying to buy thousands of dollars of Apple crap in Florida, as well as go to a Walgreens. It's strange that this happened a couple months after, so it could have been something else, but I really think it's Rakuten. This card has never had issues.

Shop at Rakuten at your own risk, and make sure you use a credit card, not a debit or prepaid one that could be siphoned out easier. And BTW, I did buy directly from Rakuten, not a reseller or such.

"Terrible customer service! Ordered a computer monitor. About a week later I got an email saying it was backordered and they were working on getting new stock. So I waited. Two weeks pass and nothing. I contact them. Out of stock still and working on it. But the whole time the item is showing as in stock on the website, but at a 200 dollar higher price. After another week or so, I log into my account and see the order was now cancelled without even notifying me. I complain and mention its being shown as in stock on the website the entire time. The idiotic Rakuten reply said the website doesn't always reflect the actual in stock status and recommended I just order it again once I see it listed as in stock. Unbelievable. Seems to be a company that just doesn't care. Avoid!"

"Ordered a simple "in stock" power cord, they sat on the order for 4 days before shipping it. "

"I order a name brand product but received a cheap generic. Rakuten takes your money but doesn't help you if you have a problem or need to get a return. They tell you to contact the seller.

Amazon is much better.

modified review This review was modified by hguardad on November 01 2014 07:42:59 AM

"They've advertised a "Brand New" B235-M Plantronics Bluetooth and delivered just the Bluetooth in a TMobile box and a cell phone case!?!? No USB nor charging case and the two Bluetooth headsets I bought could not even be paired with an iPhone.
After more than 10 days complaining, they said they are a "mall" and cannot solve problems with the stores that advertised in it.
The "store", eShop, or YouShop LLC, refused to deliver advertised products and asked me to return both for a full refund instead.
Worse than that, they keep sending emails asking me to change my feedback in order to win a US$10 cash back. Do they really think they can pay me to tell lies to other consumers???
"Carla, if you could change the feedback to a positive 5 point and provide a paypal email, we will send you a $10. Could you let me know?"

modified review This review was modified by CarlaMonte on October 24 2014 04:45:29 PM

"They took payment for goods. Goods never arrived. Told to contact the company that they used to fulfil the order. They said to contact Royal Mail. My contract was made with Rauten! Tis the seller's responsibility when goods don't arrive. Going round and round in circles...very frustrating...never again!!!"

modified review This review was modified by MiroUK on October 20 2014 11:06:37 AM

"Bad customer service. They take your money and if there is a problem with the order they tell you to contact the store they got your merchandise from, its not their problem"

Rakuten is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rakuten is not a merchant member
Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!