Product & services pricing Rating 3.70/10 3.70/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.37/10 0.37/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.67/10 0.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.53/10 0.53/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.26/10 0.26/10

"Purchased a new pre release book from this business and never received it. When we saw copies on the shelf we expected delivery but the book never came. Contacted the company twice with copies of documentation and never even received a reply.

We were ripped off! Don't let it happen to you.

modified review This review was modified by renelson on July 30 2014 03:10:55 PM

"I intended to purchase the newest version of the Kindle Paperwhite. But they sent a friend of mine in the States the first generation of Kindle PW. I had to wait sometime until my friend left the States. I opened a case on the PayPal. They issued a full refund. But I had to pay for the return shipping cost from Turkey. I will never buy from this online store anymore. I am very disappointed..."

modified review This review was modified by Vehbi on July 22 2014 01:25:35 AM

"Wow. I should have checked this website first. I placed an order with Rakuten. Days later it was still listed as "Processing." I sent them an email and they said they had cancelled my order -- AND DIDN'T GIVE A REASON. Worst customer service ever. Save yourself a headache and shop elsewhere"

modified review This review was modified by littlemo2000 on July 18 2014 01:04:48 PM

"AVOID THIS FIRM

Rakutens use some questionable vendors who sell faulty items, do not package correctly to prevent damage and then fail to respond to complaints. Rakuten will not refund even when it is their or their vendor's fault and avoid addressing complaints. They have one of the lowest ratings of any internet company. The use of PayPal will tend to protect you, as PayPal can override Rakuten's actions.

modified review This review was modified by OLDXTECH on July 19 2014 03:08:22 PM

"Want a headache? Then go ahead and do some business at Rakuten.com. Drama and unsatisfaction guaranteed!
I ordered several items using my Super Points and sure enough I got jeeped!
Sure it didn't cost me any actual $$ but those were points I earned on a large purchase (thank goodness that at least that was a reputable dealer), and I intended to use them on items to enhance my original purchase. No luck.

These are the facts I found about Rakuten.com

Rakuten DOES NOT SCREEN their vendors.

You will be playing Russian roulette with shady venders.

Rakuten does not provide a phone # contact in case of problem.

Rakuten says they will contact you within 48hrs but they don't. (You may chill out for a good part of a week before you hear from them.)

When Rakuten contacts you they will tell you that the problem is between you and the vendor and they will provide you with their email address.

You will never hear from the vendor again.

You will never hear from Rakuten again.

The end.

modified review This review was modified by joaqr on July 17 2014 01:53:30 PM

THORPE's Avatar
Now new haven

"Ok Ok I have bought here before no problem
But today i bought a XFX Radeon hd 7750 graphics card ,
their was NO way to apply discount codes , it keep asking me to log in ? ( I was Logged In ! ), than NO WAY to apply my points ??
WTH , such a bad site .. see who is to ship what you want and go directly to their site ..
Google Trusted site ?? My a** !!
Oh the hp slate I bought , I could have gotten at HP Site with FREE T-Mobile 1 Year ..same price .. Rakuten did NOT include that ...Free TMobile !! Stay away
Rakuten is NG

"Ordered a sauna on July 2nd. Cancelled thru their contact form on the website July 3rd, (Cannot contact them on the phone). Got an instant reply that said I contacted them but nothing in the reply said what is was about. They said they would contact me within 48 hours. No email or phone call to me, then on July 9th they charged my CC the full amount, I sent in another cancellation form, they did not reply again. So today I found their phone number on Gethuman.com, really. I called them and they said they were sorry they didn't cancel the order the day after and I would be charged for the full amount. I cancelled my CC and refuted the charges, contacted the BBB. This isn't the old Buy.com folks. Night and day. Never order from Rakuten.com. I have bought over 30k of products on Amazon so yeah I know what I'm doing. "

modified review This review was modified by 3dyacht on July 11 2014 03:18:05 PM

"I ordered a chandelier but received "Map of the City" picture instead.
The FedEx tracking number provided by Rakuten did not match the number on the shipment nor did any other information from my purchase order. I contacted them twice requesting an email response. After one week of waiting I still have not heard from them. I will not order from them again.

modified review This review was modified by herb1864 on July 07 2014 10:36:56 AM

"I used to like Buy.com so when my 91 year old mother wanted a lightweight plastic watering can with removable spray, I ordered a Fiskers from Flora Hydroponics for under $30. Ten days later, I checked the USPS tracking and it still was not shipped. I contacted the seller directly: no response. I contacted Rakuten Customer Service: no response. Now I have to figure out if Paypal can help me get a refund. "

modified review This review was modified by Engarde on June 20 2014 03:13:11 PM

"What a rip-off - bought Microsoft Windows 7 Professional for $154.00 - does not come with lic. key code and could not get one from them, nor would they refund - got nothing but b.s. from them and there affiliate !
Stay away from this very bad seller ! ! !
M. Helm

modified review This review was modified by MSHELM on June 13 2014 04:30:41 AM

"I opted out of mailing list and got confirmation email.
But they keep sending me emails so I have to report them as spam.

I have bought several items from them so far but I won't use them anymore.

modified review This review was modified by badugi77 on June 12 2014 11:36:14 AM

"Horrible first AND last experience with this seller. I placed my order for an item that was represented to be in stock at an excellent price. I paid for it and was expecting a shipping confirmation. But the very next day I see an email notifying me the order was canceled and a refund issued with NO explanation. What kind of place is this? Recommend people stay clear of these guys."

"Ordered an copier cartridge, they sent a bottle of toner instead.
Totally misrepresented the product.
Had to pay shipping return and they still only
issued me a partial refund

modified review This review was modified by easymale on June 05 2014 12:53:43 PM

"Rakuten is a marketplace for re-sellers. The item I purchased on the Rakuten website was fulfilled by Electronics Palace. The Item did not work. Electronics Palace would not refund the cost to return the product. But Rakuten came through in the end and issued me a gift card for the price of return shipping. make sure you check out the Marketplace seller before ordering. change my review to 4 stars."

modified review This review was modified by ShopperX on June 04 2014 07:48:21 PM

" I placed order on Sat. April 12, 2014 for Dell Optiplex780 Windows 7 with keyboard, mouse and monitor. As an incentive the ad included a discount of $30 off price of $279.99 if I was accepted for a Rakuten credit card. I applied and used the card but was still charged $279.99. Worse I had no credit card number to trace with the card merchant First Bankcard.
On Tues April 15 the seller Front Source Tech claimed by email it shipped via FEDEX & gave me a tracking number. Wed I went to Fedex website and called customer service to trace & no package was in the Fedex system. I emailed Front Source with the email address provided from Rakuten on Wed 4/16 & emailed Rakuten Fri 4/18. There is NO telephone number to call Rakuten on Website. I emailed again Front Source Tues 4/22. left 2 telephone messages. I emailed Rakuten again 4/23 & was issued Incident No. asking 72 hrs to trace. I finally got my Credit Card which had Rakuten telephone number in billing line then called Rakuten which I finally talked to Customer Service Rep on Mon April 28. She needed another 24 hrs to trace. On Wed. 4/30 I called again & she will get back to me within 24 hrs. & finally discovered the computer never was picked up from First Source on April 15. It finally shipped April 30 from NJ. I finally received computer Mon 5/5. Unfortunately the monitor did not stay on the stand & I called Front Source but this time it was replaced in a timely matter.
As I went along this process I realized the seller (Front Source) email address and Rakuten website were different than the Front Source Tech website, which may be why I received no answer from the seller.
The biggest problem was NO telephone number for Rakuten to contact.
I still did not get the $30 off with approval for Rakuten credit card and frankly it is not worth the effort with my frustration in the past month.
A friend says I have the patience of a saint.

modified review This review was modified by massage905 on May 19 2014 07:31:38 AM

Rakuten is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rakuten is not a merchant member
Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!