Product & services pricing Rating 3.54/10 3.54/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.13/10 0.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.37/10 0.37/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.26/10 0.26/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.24/10 0.24/10

"Horrible business! we are(were) sellers on Rakuten, sold over $4000 in goods, Rakuten collected the funds we delivered the goods, Rakuten kept the money! msent 100+ emails to their seller support group, not one single reply..nothing! great business for them! had to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals office of California.....Avoid Rakuten at all costs!! these people are theives! "

modified review This review was modified by geno123 on September 22 2014 10:50:16 AM

"This company does business by cheating. They lure you to purchase something with Super Points, and after a few days, they took away more than half of your earned points with no reason. Contacted customer service, and they will told you by their policy even it cleared showed you earned 9000 points after you placed the order, and they said the decision is final. Don't do business with this fraud company, or you find out the deal with the so-called super points is not deal at all, and you have no way to return by then since it passes the return time frame."

"By far the worst online. No CS, no response. Over a month since I ordered and it's still processing. Seller and Rakuten do not respond to emails. I've filed with BBB. Doubt that will help."

"Worst experience trying to shop for something online ever. Ordered a camera for my girlfriend for her birthday over 2 weeks early. When I called THEM because the product did not ship in the 6 days they promised, they assured me it would be there in 2 days. I spoke with a lady from their customer service department who, while nice, was not able to help at ALL. I finally received an e-mail today stating that the order was cancelled. Seriously. Absolutely worthless."

modified review This review was modified by nate2066 on September 12 2014 09:20:15 PM

Rakuten User

"If you have a problem with your Rakuten order…beware. Their customer service is non-existent. An item was missing from my order so I tried to contact Rakuten via their ‘contact us’ e-mail and repeatedly received automated e-mail messages stating that I would be contacted within 24 hours but never was contacted. Thankfully, I paid with PayPal who facilitated a response. Worst shopping experience EVER!"

Rakuten User

"Stay away. They have zero customer service and they will treat customers differently with the same exact problem. I was sent an item that was clearly meant to be a scam so that the vendor did not have to honor the low price on Rakuten. A friend of mine had ordered the same. She contacted Rakuten, was given an immediate refund, told they would investigate the vendor and was told to keep the scam item. I complained after also receiving the same scam item and was told to take it up with the vendor. They sent every complaint to the vendor that I sent to them about being treated differently than other customers with the same issue. I then received a voicemail full of attitude from the vendor, who had gotten a call from Rakuten about how I need to return the item or I don't get a refund. I now have to go out of my way to get this item back to them before I can even see my money. Rakuten doesn't seem to care that they're not fair to all customers, even when providing emails as proof of what they provide to others, but not myself."

Rakuten User

"Rakuten has a 4.4 star rating from google somehow. They are considered a "trusted" reseller. I ordered an item with 2-day shipping because they offered it at $5. I thought, "gee, how can I pass this up? Amazon Prime offered the same product at a higher price, but as long as I get the product in 2 days, I'll be fine. Well the purchase went through and the product was sent to UPS within an hour. Great so far. Then I notice the shipping on the tracking app from UPS - "Ground Shipping." From across the country. I let it ride - maybe I was mistaken. The next day I notice that it still hasn't left the state from which it was sent. I found their number - (800) 800-0800 - call and the customer service agent says, "oh, no, don't pay attention to the tracking - it will be there by the end of the day tomorrow. And if not, we'll refund you your $5!" Well it sounded shifty, and sure enough, the tracking for the item this morning - on the day it was to be delivered - said it had just left the state on a truck. I might be able to get it in two more days, but at this point I am furious. I did not want the item in 4-5 business days. If I had, I would not necessarily have gone with Rakuten. But now I feel as if I were lured into buying something from them under false pretenses. My wife cannot see this item and now someone from UPS is going to ruin her surprise on Friday, when I needed to start preparing it today. This is terriffic. So I contact them today and the returns girl refuses to deal with my problem and connects me with their shipping dept? The poor shipping dept girl (whom I could not understand due to their heavy Indian accents and poor microphones) ended up hearing me unload all this on her, but she couldn't do anything. I don't know if or when I will be receiving a refund - I don't know if the UPS truck can be prevented from stopping by on Friday. But they ruined everything because they shipped it ground when I paid for expedited. "

Rakuten User

"don't order from them even if you find something unbeieveably good looking and fairly inexpensive. Don't order from them unless you want to either cancell you credit card or go through the trouble of disputing the charges with your banker. Mine (Amazon Chase card) was fantastic in reversing the price of car accessory that did not fit the model of the car, which was listed on their web site as one of designated models for this product. Waste of time, money and addedd stress. you don't need this. I have not heard from them in over 2 months, but after reading other reviews I know why. I am going to contact BBB to make sure this outfit get a bad wrap for what they do."

Rakuten User

"What a rip-off! If I could give "0" stars I would. I received some Vitamin C-1000 from this outfit, but after inspecting both bottles (250 capsules @) I found they were tainted/contaminated/damaged. Every capsule had an ugly brownish stain at the point of each joint. My wife & I weren't about to ingest these suspect caps. I wrote the company an email...3 days, no response. If it was the VitaminShoppe, Walmart or Amazon that problem would have been solved immediately, but no!.... I had to file a dispute claim (denied) with PayPal. They refused my claim on the grounds of the policy not covering foods & perishables. I finally got relief from my credit card acct in the form of a charge-back. All of this took 10 days. After this experience & reading all the comments here, I agree...I will never buy from these shysters again."

Rakuten User

"The first time I ordered something from these guys I received counterfeit software. The seller IT WHOLESALERS INC who also sells on best buy said the software is genuine. Microsoft Office 2010 pro shipped from China Genuine? I will never buy from Rakuten again. I came here to leave a review because so far they will not post the one star review I tried to post on their site. I will stick with Amazon from now on."

"I sure wish I had found these reviews before ordering from Rakuten.

Rakuten looks like a front operation for internet criminals.

If you order a product from them, they will send something that is roughly in the same category (but worth far less than the item you paid for), and then ignore you when you try to get the right product or a refund.

I ordered a new OtterBox case for my phone, turquoise blue in color (these particular cases are hard to find).

I received a used and damaged black case.

I've made several attempts to contact Rakuten and the shady vendor, no response whatsoever.

Lesson learned.

modified review This review was modified by GregFuller on August 23 2014 07:38:41 AM

"I have to agree with the other reviews. I ordered a video game and after it arrived (late) it was for the wrong system. I called their vendor who side that he had just given me a refund (interesting as I hadn't told him who I was) Seems to me like this was a bait and switch, send what you have and how they don't return it. I contacted Rakuten via their web form (the only way to contact their customer support) and was told I would hear back in 48 hours. @ weeks later still no answer. I contacted PayPay and disputed the payment. Just before the deadline with PayPal I got an email from Rakuten that they would issue a refund (in hopes I would cancel the PayPal dispute I wonder) I didn't and they never sent a refund. After the deadline for them to contact PayPal (They never did) I got a partial refund from Paypal. I will never do business with them again "

"Purchased a new pre release book from this business and never received it. When we saw copies on the shelf we expected delivery but the book never came. Contacted the company twice with copies of documentation and never even received a reply.

We were ripped off! Don't let it happen to you.

modified review This review was modified by renelson on July 30 2014 03:10:55 PM

"I intended to purchase the newest version of the Kindle Paperwhite. But they sent a friend of mine in the States the first generation of Kindle PW. I had to wait sometime until my friend left the States. I opened a case on the PayPal. They issued a full refund. But I had to pay for the return shipping cost from Turkey. I will never buy from this online store anymore. I am very disappointed..."

modified review This review was modified by Vehbi on July 22 2014 01:25:35 AM

"Wow. I should have checked this website first. I placed an order with Rakuten. Days later it was still listed as "Processing." I sent them an email and they said they had cancelled my order -- AND DIDN'T GIVE A REASON. Worst customer service ever. Save yourself a headache and shop elsewhere"

modified review This review was modified by littlemo2000 on July 18 2014 01:04:48 PM

Rakuten is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rakuten is not a merchant member
Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!