Stores > Rakuten

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.38/10 0.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.46/10 1.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10

"Do not order from these guys. I ordered 2 floor standing speakers and got purses instead. They don't return my calls dont have the right merchant contact info.. and ship out wrong products.

I wouldve given 0 (or negative) stars if possible..

"This is against which is Rakuten company
For me,the company is fraud and cheater.
Recently they put an offer on hotukdeals for online movie+chromescast for 20 pounds
I have paid but not received my item yet and lost the hope of getting even the refund because they are saying that I need to return the item which I have never received.They have no tracking number as it was send by 2nd class delivery which I don't believe
I have placed the order on 22nd september and the delivery date has been skipped 3 times so far.
Please guide me on how to get my money back
They have even saved my card details without asking me which I have deleted by myself manually.Not sure if there is any regulatory company which can stop this.

"I purchase a $1700 HP Zbook 15.6", 8GB memory, 1TB HD from buy.com aka rakuten.com aka datavision.com via Best Buy Marketplace.

The HP zbook is defective. It freezes every time we tried to download a software or surf the web. We brought it to the Geek Squad who told us to return the item. Why purchase an expensive "defective" computer. We agreed.

So, I have been trying to obtain a authorization number from rakuten.com to return the item. I am on DAY 5. I have been calling rakuten.com 2-3 times a day. This is what I get: "I apologize for the inconvenience." " Your issue is with the "specialist" who is investigating." "Please give us 1-2 business days to investigate." "My supervisor is talking to the specialist to resolve your issue." "Your computer is over $1600. It needs an approval from the specialist to return. "

What are they investigation? No one could tell me. What is their definition of 1-2 business days? Are they on the same calendar system as us?

I have spoken to 4 male supervisors. None were helpful. I went to Customer Service at Best Buy in Danvers. They listened in to the conversation with the agents at rakuten.com. The customer service manager tried to talk to them but they refused to engage in a conversation with her. In fact, the rakuten.com supervisor hung up on the customer service manager.

Well, it has been 5 business days. No resolution. I am still on hold after 45 minutes +. Waiting. Getting very frustrated and angry.

This review was modified by ElaineSG on September 18 2015 03:36:01 PM

"2 Months now to try and get my goods or a refund from one of their merchants The Cable Place. I have been passing messages back and forth with The Cable Place through the Rautken messaging service and although The Cable Place has so far responded to my messages to say that they have sent goods or sent refund I have received neither. Contacting Rautken got me no response at all. Will not be using Rautken (Play.com) again and will not be using any of their marketplace merchants either. My advice - avoid."

"I wanted to buy an SD card from rakuten.co.uk (previously play.com)
The price was fine at 5.50 GBP. I knew when it was play.com the shipping was free on everything and I have bought the same card a year ago.
I went to checkout and they were asking me to pay additional 10GBP for shipping.
That's a total of $24 for an 8GB SD card.

Go away rakuten.

This review was modified by rexys on September 10 2015 03:02:51 PM

"On the 3rd August I ordered Two HP 364XL Black Inkjet Cartridges now the 4th September 2015 and still not received vey disappointed with this company The money paid was to Rakuten not Pitek the seller despite many telephone calls and emails still no response I have now requested a credit but still no response "

"Rakuten does nothing to assist with customer service issues with their marketplace items. Ordered an item, the seller has done nothing with the order and is completely unresponsive to inquiries. Rakuten simply says to deal with the seller yourself. Rakuten will not cancel the order and I have no idea if the seller will eventually ship the item. Thanks for the hands off approach to customer service. I didn't realize that Rakuten provides the same level of service for purchases as Craigslist."

"On 7/1/14, 11/16/14 and 1/13/15 I pre-ordered about a dozen books that wouldn't come out until late June and paid by Paypal. Then a few weeks later I found a site with a better deal and canceled the Rakuten orders. They sent me notes that they cancelled and refunded me. On the site, I checked my profile and orders and sure enough, everything said cancelled. So a few days ago I get an email from them stating they're sending me the books! They obviously never refunded me and never cancelled! I wrote them back and was very angry and they said I couldn't just send it back to the PO. I'd have to write up a bunch of addresses and #s and call UPS. I told them to forget it. I don't want to go through a nightmare like that. I'll keep the damned books and sell them to a used book store or something. I am thoroughly ticked off! I will never buy from them again! Obviously their computers are nuts! :("

This review was modified by MadandAngry on July 03 2015 03:32:55 AM

"Hello I was a Rakuten seller I must say there support team is by far the worst they kicked me off as a seller because they failed to ever sent any of my clients invoices for there orders!!!!!!!!!! Also Buy.com and Rakuten are the same company and Rakuten will only feature Buy.com product!!!! This company is a huge scam there set up terrible don't waste your time go to eBay or Amazon they actually know what there doing over there.... PLEASE I AM URGING YOU DO NOT SELL ON RAKUTEN IT WILL BRING YOUR COMPANIES REPUTATION DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!"

They say that they send the item but i have not received.Now they say that UPS made attempts on delivering but still did not deliver and they charge me 25% restocking fee.
This is crazy, they charge you for something that you have never received.
This is a bunch of criminals try to rip you off.

"Absolutely horrid site. Had problems with a marketplace seller, tried to contact the seller through the rakuten contact forms, and email bounced. Contacted the seller directly (Tom's Ware) and had trouble getting a reply, so tried contacting Rakuten through their help/contact form again, but it comes up with an error that traffic is too heavy and cannot complete request. Tried it the next day, and same thing. So now I have no way of contacting Rakuten of this problem."

"Placed an order for over $1300 in merchandise that came from 4-5 different Marketplace vendors (mostly what is offered on Rakuten is from 3rd parties). I realized this and ensured all had good ratings. One item remained in a "Processing..." state for over a week despite indicating it would ship in 1 day. I looked the vendor up (Click Go Buy) and noticed they had changed the price of the time from $444 to $599, higher than every other marketplace vendor -- clearly to prevent orders. I asked them why it had not shipped. No Response. I contacted Rakuten: They completely blew me off and told me to wait a few more days. I did, and Rakuten continued to tell me to wait. I tried contacting both Rakuten and Click Go Buy over 3 times each during 12 days initially to ask when it would ship and finally to request cancellation of the item and got NO HELP. I was only told to keep waiting. Meanwhile, their Credit Authorization on my card remained in effect so I could not simply just go buy it somewhere else. So, after another attempt to ask Rakuten to remove the item from the order (AND NO RESPONSE), I remembered getting the email from Google about "Trusted Store" etc. So I contacted Google. They indicated they would reach out to Rakuten and let me know in 3 business days. A fairly canned response from Google. 3 Days and nothing happened. On the 3rd day a Google Trusted Stores representative reached about to me to indicate he would be handling my case and that he had reached out to Rakuten. Within 2 minutes of getting Google's email, I get an email from Rakuten that they had cancelled the item. Wow, an email from Google and they did what they should have done (and Amazon would have done) initially. It is absolutely ridiculous it took this much effort to get a non-responsive marketplace vendor's item removed from my non-responsive Rakuten (Buy.com)'s order. Thank You Google! I sure hope this review helps someone avoid Rakuten. -- One other thing. There are several Marketplace vendors on Rakuten (that are also on Amazon) that shipped their items quickly and were responsive. But, if you have a problem? The above is what you have waiting."

"Order was for 60 AA and 20 AAA batteries. NOTE: Refund was issued immediately after I posted this review."

This review was modified by randygarst on June 03 2015 03:01:52 PM

"Published 4 seconds ago
Terrible Communication

I was billed without the voucher code for £5 discount on orders over £30.

You have to follow a series of options to contact customer services and cannot reply when you get a message from them.

They acknowledged the problems they were experiencing with their voucher codes.

I couldn't cancel the order and was told to return goods at my own cost being threatened that the goods may get lost in the post.

The customer service isn't what it used to be when it was Play.com.

"I ordered a mirror from Rakuten and the ad clearly stated it would ship in 7 days. It has been weeks and there is no shipment and no notification of shipment. when I complain to Rakuten, all I get are robo emails telling me to contact the seller. There is no way to contact the seller. This website appears to be a complete ripoff and I would warn other people to stay away! Rakuten is bad news. I wish I had read these reviews before I bought my mirror."

Share Rakuten's store rating

Rakuten is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rakuten is not a merchant member
Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!