Stores > Rakuten

Product & services pricing Rating 2.06/10 2.06/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.03/10 1.03/10

2016-01-19

Pathetic Customer Service

"Sure wish I would have read these reviews before purchasing recliner chairs from Rakuten. Took months to finally get them and then when received found that one of the chairs was a used returned item sent to fill the order. Now it is defective and Rakuten nor Casabellalife will honor the warranty. Definately avoid this company at all costs. I guaranty you will regret it. "

2016-01-15

cptslick

"Recently ordered a Laptop battery and a new laptop charger. The battery came from SHIVNET and the charger come from BESTDEALSTORE, both were wrong. I have faxed them and E-mailed them with zero response, BestDealsStore, did e-mail me back and wants pictures and the reason they/I made a mistake. I have offered to pay for the shipping back, I am still waiting for something??? This is a total purchase of UNDER $35.00, what would they do with something big????"

This review was modified by cptslick on January 18 2016 12:32:19 PM

2016-01-12

"Hello after buying a high end GPU costing £300 for new pc build that cannot work without a gpu. the gpu turned up faulty the customer service team did not care and refused to replace and also refused to refund me my money back even though I sent the gpu back to them for inspection. They had the gpu and my money Every time I phoned them in good faith they talked to me as if I was lieing to them 23 phonecalls over 5 months I'd speak to a different person who had no clue where my gpu or £300 was. In the end I said I was gonna call the police and suddenly Rakuten reluctantly refunded my money. I was a GENUINE customer who had a faulty product. The customer service team is an absolute joke and such disgusting behaviour from Rakuten in general I will never never shop there again and will share my experience with other people and tell them never buy from Rakuten."

This review was modified by ZenLifer on January 12 2016 04:58:54 AM

2016-01-10

"Never buy anything here again. The worst shopping place I ever seen! I even don't know how to find my recent order or cancel or confirm order, just 1 small order but tons of delivery fee, COD fee...What the fuckkkk"

2016-01-07

"Simply put:
1. Slow shipping -- took 2 weeks to start the shipping process and another 2 weeks to arrive.
2. Rakuten NEVER respond to emails -- you can request email all you want but you are NOT going to receive a response.
3. All the reviews posted on their website are FAKE. You can't edit or post additional reviews on their website.
4. If you bought something not as described, or never received, you are ON YOUR OWN. You'd better start contacting your payment bank and file a charge back.

Based on the above facts you should have a good reason to believe they are scammers.

2016-01-06

"Prior to Christmas, I ordered a refurbished laptop from Rakuten.com with nice advertised performance at reasonable price, as a gift for my teenage daughter. While the order came late (after Christmas), the biggest disappointment happened after opening the box. The computer was the right brand, but it was not the computer I ordered. The one I received has much lower performance, and some advertised hardware is missing all together. Rakuten.com advertising “Marketplace Guarantee” for up to $500 purchase price refund, with detailed directions to that link if there is something wrong with the order, but I attempted to utilize this option, the link was nowhere to be found. All four emails sent to the company within last 10 days were ignored, even though they advertising to respond to any email within 1 business day."

This review was modified by ghrubec on January 06 2016 07:13:59 AM

2015-12-22

"Order Goods on the 7th Dec. No goods have arrived. Have contacted them 4 times, even copied in the UK CEO and still nothing. Such appalling service. Am now reporting them to trading standards. Will never use, will never recommend."

This review was modified by MysticB on December 22 2015 10:30:40 PM

2015-12-20

"I purchased a clock. The item that I received was previously used with scratches and cracks. I tried to contact Rakuten and I sent them two emails without any response from them. I will never buy anything from this site."

2015-12-18

"DON'T EVER ORDER FROM THIS PLACE, NOT ONLY WILL THEY TAKE FOREVER TO PROCESS YOUR ORDER, BUT ONCE YOU CANCEL THEY ACT AS IF THEY ARE GOING TO SHIP YOUR ORDER NOW. THEY ARE VERY DIRTY AND POORLY RAN, SHOP AMAZON DO NOT FUCK WITH GOOGLE, GOOGLE WILL DO NOTHING TO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR SHOPPING SAFE NEVER EVER BUY FROM HERE"

This review was modified by Jeremy91 on December 18 2015 10:33:24 AM

2015-12-18

"Wrote to Customer service 8 times, no answer. Rakuten cancelled one item on my order for no reason, it is still listed for sale. The vendor never received the order so they can't help. I bought with points so the credit card can't help. I tried to purchase with Masterpass but that didn't work. I don't think they care at all.....I will never buy from them again."

2015-12-03

"They advertise products that they don't have to sell."

This review was modified by Julie.svein on December 03 2015 08:26:32 AM

2015-11-30

"Called customer services as the points had not been credited onto my account however was told points can sometimes take 2/3 weeks to be credited after few weeks called again was told that the points had expired 3 days ago I explained that the points did not become visible to me as I checked on a regular basis customer services basically said tough they could not do anything as they did not have the facility to credit points back into a customers account after they had expired. will not use again was made to feel like I was lying by customer services."

This review was modified by khurram123 on November 30 2015 05:33:13 AM

2015-10-26

"Do not order from these guys. I ordered 2 floor standing speakers and got purses instead. They don't return my calls dont have the right merchant contact info.. and ship out wrong products.

I wouldve given 0 (or negative) stars if possible..

2015-10-16

"This is against which is Rakuten company
For me,the company is fraud and cheater.
Recently they put an offer on hotukdeals for online movie+chromescast for 20 pounds
I have paid but not received my item yet and lost the hope of getting even the refund because they are saying that I need to return the item which I have never received.They have no tracking number as it was send by 2nd class delivery which I don't believe
I have placed the order on 22nd september and the delivery date has been skipped 3 times so far.
Please guide me on how to get my money back
They have even saved my card details without asking me which I have deleted by myself manually.Not sure if there is any regulatory company which can stop this.

2015-09-18

"I purchase a $1700 HP Zbook 15.6", 8GB memory, 1TB HD from buy.com aka rakuten.com aka datavision.com via Best Buy Marketplace.

The HP zbook is defective. It freezes every time we tried to download a software or surf the web. We brought it to the Geek Squad who told us to return the item. Why purchase an expensive "defective" computer. We agreed.

So, I have been trying to obtain a authorization number from rakuten.com to return the item. I am on DAY 5. I have been calling rakuten.com 2-3 times a day. This is what I get: "I apologize for the inconvenience." " Your issue is with the "specialist" who is investigating." "Please give us 1-2 business days to investigate." "My supervisor is talking to the specialist to resolve your issue." "Your computer is over $1600. It needs an approval from the specialist to return. "

What are they investigation? No one could tell me. What is their definition of 1-2 business days? Are they on the same calendar system as us?

I have spoken to 4 male supervisors. None were helpful. I went to Customer Service at Best Buy in Danvers. They listened in to the conversation with the agents at rakuten.com. The customer service manager tried to talk to them but they refused to engage in a conversation with her. In fact, the rakuten.com supervisor hung up on the customer service manager.

Well, it has been 5 business days. No resolution. I am still on hold after 45 minutes +. Waiting. Getting very frustrated and angry.

This review was modified by ElaineSG on September 18 2015 03:36:01 PM

Share Rakuten's store rating

Rakuten is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rakuten is not a merchant member
Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!