• Rakuten

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

2015-07-02

"On 7/1/14, 11/16/14 and 1/13/15 I pre-ordered about a dozen books that wouldn't come out until late June and paid by Paypal. Then a few weeks later I found a site with a better deal and canceled the Rakuten orders. They sent me notes that they cancelled and refunded me. On the site, I checked my profile and orders and sure enough, everything said cancelled. So a few days ago I get an email from them stating they're sending me the books! They obviously never refunded me and never cancelled! I wrote them back and was very angry and they said I couldn't just send it back to the PO. I'd have to write up a bunch of addresses and #s and call UPS. I told them to forget it. I don't want to go through a nightmare like that. I'll keep the damned books and sell them to a used book store or something. I am thoroughly ticked off! I will never buy from them again! Obviously their computers are nuts! :("

This review was modified by MadandAngry on July 03 2015 03:32:55 AM

2015-06-09

"Hello I was a Rakuten seller I must say there support team is by far the worst they kicked me off as a seller because they failed to ever sent any of my clients invoices for there orders!!!!!!!!!! Also Buy.com and Rakuten are the same company and Rakuten will only feature Buy.com product!!!! This company is a huge scam there set up terrible don't waste your time go to eBay or Amazon they actually know what there doing over there.... PLEASE I AM URGING YOU DO NOT SELL ON RAKUTEN IT WILL BRING YOUR COMPANIES REPUTATION DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!"

2015-06-05

"NEVER BUY FROM RAKUTEN
They say that they send the item but i have not received.Now they say that UPS made attempts on delivering but still did not deliver and they charge me 25% restocking fee.
This is crazy, they charge you for something that you have never received.
This is a bunch of criminals try to rip you off.
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER AGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT BUY HERE !!!!!!!"

2015-06-05

"Absolutely horrid site. Had problems with a marketplace seller, tried to contact the seller through the rakuten contact forms, and email bounced. Contacted the seller directly (Tom's Ware) and had trouble getting a reply, so tried contacting Rakuten through their help/contact form again, but it comes up with an error that traffic is too heavy and cannot complete request. Tried it the next day, and same thing. So now I have no way of contacting Rakuten of this problem."

2015-06-04

"Placed an order for over $1300 in merchandise that came from 4-5 different Marketplace vendors (mostly what is offered on Rakuten is from 3rd parties). I realized this and ensured all had good ratings. One item remained in a "Processing..." state for over a week despite indicating it would ship in 1 day. I looked the vendor up (Click Go Buy) and noticed they had changed the price of the time from $444 to $599, higher than every other marketplace vendor -- clearly to prevent orders. I asked them why it had not shipped. No Response. I contacted Rakuten: They completely blew me off and told me to wait a few more days. I did, and Rakuten continued to tell me to wait. I tried contacting both Rakuten and Click Go Buy over 3 times each during 12 days initially to ask when it would ship and finally to request cancellation of the item and got NO HELP. I was only told to keep waiting. Meanwhile, their Credit Authorization on my card remained in effect so I could not simply just go buy it somewhere else. So, after another attempt to ask Rakuten to remove the item from the order (AND NO RESPONSE), I remembered getting the email from Google about "Trusted Store" etc. So I contacted Google. They indicated they would reach out to Rakuten and let me know in 3 business days. A fairly canned response from Google. 3 Days and nothing happened. On the 3rd day a Google Trusted Stores representative reached about to me to indicate he would be handling my case and that he had reached out to Rakuten. Within 2 minutes of getting Google's email, I get an email from Rakuten that they had cancelled the item. Wow, an email from Google and they did what they should have done (and Amazon would have done) initially. It is absolutely ridiculous it took this much effort to get a non-responsive marketplace vendor's item removed from my non-responsive Rakuten (Buy.com)'s order. Thank You Google! I sure hope this review helps someone avoid Rakuten. -- One other thing. There are several Marketplace vendors on Rakuten (that are also on Amazon) that shipped their items quickly and were responsive. But, if you have a problem? The above is what you have waiting."

2015-06-03

"Order was for 60 AA and 20 AAA batteries. NOTE: Refund was issued immediately after I posted this review."

This review was modified by randygarst on June 03 2015 03:01:52 PM

2015-05-31

"Published 4 seconds ago
Terrible Communication

I was billed without the voucher code for £5 discount on orders over £30.

You have to follow a series of options to contact customer services and cannot reply when you get a message from them.

They acknowledged the problems they were experiencing with their voucher codes.

I couldn't cancel the order and was told to return goods at my own cost being threatened that the goods may get lost in the post.

The customer service isn't what it used to be when it was Play.com.

2015-04-14

"I ordered a mirror from Rakuten and the ad clearly stated it would ship in 7 days. It has been weeks and there is no shipment and no notification of shipment. when I complain to Rakuten, all I get are robo emails telling me to contact the seller. There is no way to contact the seller. This website appears to be a complete ripoff and I would warn other people to stay away! Rakuten is bad news. I wish I had read these reviews before I bought my mirror."

2015-04-12

"My Mini IPad 2 order from Rakuten was missing, the item cost me $375.63 , they send my parcel without signature confirmation, the shipper also provide dishonor tracking information, Rakuten had pusk away their responsibility to the shipper and unable to refund / replace my item. When i correspondence with their customer service, i did ask, why my item such as this high value ( $375.63 ) they never provide signature confirmation service, their answer is they only provide this service for the item above $400.00. This is the ridiculous explanation meant to me. This is the most HORRIBLE experience in my online shopping company. I am strongly advise, think wisely before purchase from them again. "

2015-04-11

"Fraudulently advertised Brother Toner Cartridges, when in fact I received unbranded counterfeit cartridges. Rakuten claimed it's just a storefront, and this was the supplier (OW Supplies) responsibility. Trouble is, OW Supplies did not answer queries from either Rakuten or me in over 2 weeks. Rakuten eventually refunded the purchase price, but I wasted over 3 weeks and several hours with emails trying to straighten this out. Rakuten stonewalled my request that it send me genuine Brother cartridge(s) and then get OW to make good."

2015-03-31

"This company was my most horrible experience on online shopping, i brought an IPad Mini 2 from them. The cost is above $375.63. The used Fedex to ship my item and they never provide signature confirmation on these such expensive item, the Fedex did claim i was unavailable at home twice and their second attempt the tracking information show the item was left in my front door. On the delivery status information, Fedex twice attempt i absolutely at home, but i their records their upload the information i was not available at home. I have an app to notify me once those of all my purchases when delivered. i received the deliver alert via apps, and found there is no parcel at my front door or even my mail box I call to Rakuten, firstly the customer representative said i will get replacement within one or two days and email me the status. I been waiting their further email confirmation, and finally i got a reply from Rakuten they was unable to refund me or get me a new replacement, they show me the delivery records from Fedex, i told them the tracking information is ridiculous, but their ignore my feedback. I am very frustrated on this Rakuten, this is the most not reliable and non responsible company amount all my shopping companies, i won't buy any single item from RAKUTEN again"

2015-03-11

"Bought "new"Seidio holster. It broke 1st day. Their response was they are a mall with a lot of sellers. Have not heard from real seller and doubt I ever will. Avoid this site!!!"

2015-03-02

"I ordered something and it was cancelled on their end with no explanation. Now a week later and probably 15+ emails, I still have yet to be refunded, or even talk to someone other that an automated response email. I don't know what their deal is, but this is really unbelievable."

2015-02-17

"I ordered an iphone 5 from this website. after 19 days using the phone, it stopped charging. I thought it was because of the cable so i change to use a different one. Still, don't see the light coming. when it was out of battery, I couldn't turn it on ever. i contacted with my seller to demand a refund. however, they were really irresponsible and didn't give me the detail to return the phone. Hence, i contacted the customer support, they told me to talk with my seller. @@
I don't know what's going to happen but I have the feeling I will lose all my money for this useless phone. "

2015-02-09

"RIPOFF!
I paid for 2 sets of knives back in mid January. Took about a week or so to get my order - only to find out only ONE set shipped, and I was charged for both sets. SO, I emailed their customer service and was told that my order shipped for a 3rd party site (aSavings) and they would be in contact with me within 3 days to resolve. Still waiting for that email, and cannot find a way to contact aSavings directly. So, today I emailed Rakuten again to let them know. This is absurd. This was the first and the last time I will ever order from them."

This review was modified by Stephanie002 on February 09 2015 07:29:23 AM

Share Rakuten's store rating

Rakuten is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rakuten is not a merchant member
Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!