• Rakuten

Product & services pricing Rating 4.27/10 4.27/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.05/10 1.05/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"I ordered something and it was cancelled on their end with no explanation. Now a week later and probably 15+ emails, I still have yet to be refunded, or even talk to someone other that an automated response email. I don't know what their deal is, but this is really unbelievable."

"I ordered an iphone 5 from this website. after 19 days using the phone, it stopped charging. I thought it was because of the cable so i change to use a different one. Still, don't see the light coming. when it was out of battery, I couldn't turn it on ever. i contacted with my seller to demand a refund. however, they were really irresponsible and didn't give me the detail to return the phone. Hence, i contacted the customer support, they told me to talk with my seller. @@
I don't know what's going to happen but I have the feeling I will lose all my money for this useless phone.

"RIPOFF!
I paid for 2 sets of knives back in mid January. Took about a week or so to get my order - only to find out only ONE set shipped, and I was charged for both sets. SO, I emailed their customer service and was told that my order shipped for a 3rd party site (aSavings) and they would be in contact with me within 3 days to resolve. Still waiting for that email, and cannot find a way to contact aSavings directly. So, today I emailed Rakuten again to let them know. This is absurd. This was the first and the last time I will ever order from them.

modified review This review was modified by Stephanie002 on February 09 2015 07:29:23 AM

"Looking for a fulfillment center we decided to call Rakuten to see if they could help. Three telephone calls later we set up a time to video chat and speak about prices. The time came and went so we called again. The needed a few more days to quote us. They set another time to video chat to go over the prices line by line. I am pretty sure I am capable of reading a quote by myself. I was then informed that they do not ship to businesses. I can sell my product to a persons home but not to a person at their business. I happened to have an email from an account rep at Rakuten Japan and he says that is nonsense.
Very amateur staff they have. I know that my account rep is a new employee. If not they need some serious training.

I was willing to ship 2 skids to them to test their service. They made it impossible for me to use them. Plus they mentioned that they need a $1000 deposit to start. To start what? Start talking to them or to get pricing.

A company should never put hurdles in the way of potential client. Customer service is a dying art.

Still looking for a fulfillment company.......

Brad Eaves
Petreatzi
www.petreatzi.ca

"I need to change the delivery address after placing the order. Contacted the shop directly (call & email) unfortunately nobody pick up.
Wrote to Rakuten and this is what I get:

'Here at Rakuten, we provide a marketplace for sellers to open their shop.
The sale of products are managed by each store individually, therefore regarding your query please contact the shop directly. "

I try my luck by canceling the order even though I have received the order confirmation.
I only received the order cancellation email after a month. Good thing is they didn't charge my CC but totally a bad experience.

modified review This review was modified by SYeng on January 31 2015 05:53:00 PM

"Place an order for a computer, I had a 2 day shipment, it will be 7 days now- still waiting. I emailed them and they responded asking me to track my order on the link.
They refuse to answer my question.

modified review This review was modified by vizzit on January 26 2015 12:29:48 PM

"Expect a payment authorized on your account. And then it disappeared. Free shipping is 3-10 business days.. it will be processed 2-4 days then they take the money from your card. The tracking on my shipping is still not showing . So it's still processing 5day and Counting they took the money and its still in southern california ..lol..
so if it's worth the wait and you have the patience it's probably worth It.. Its just a bad way of doing business

"I've used rakuten hundreds of times in the last 2 years, mainly because of the super points I get. I haven't had an issue with a single order.

Rakuten is a marketplace, like amazon. They sell themselves and also allow 3rd party sellers. buy.com is to rakuten what amazon is to amazon. As long as you are using buy.com as the seller, you can pretty much count on it being shipped/described correctly. While I've used 3rd party sellers (like adorama and tigerdirect) and haven't ever had an issue, I always get tracking and info faster with buy.com.

I've heard on various forums that rakuten also had an issue with their credit card data being stolen. While there's enough incidents being reported that it's probably valid, that was over 2 years ago, and I've been using them for 2+ years and have never had an issue with my credit card info being stolen or used.

"This place is a rip off. Ordered a case for my Surface Pro Tablet and paid for 2 day shipping and it has now been 7 days and I have not yet received my case. Very disappointing, will not use Rakuten again!! I have emailed 2 times and have not received a reply back from them!"

modified review This review was modified by craigg5 on January 05 2015 02:10:11 PM

"I placed my order through Rakuten. After a couple of weeks and my order still "pending" I decided that I needed to cancel and purchase elsewhere as it was for a present. I purchased elsewhere but was unable to contact the company that I ordered from over a period of several days. I then phoned Rakuten who promised to cancel the order and send a confirmation email. Guess what - no confirmation email...no cancellation. The item eventually turned up weeks too late and, after phoning Rakuten again, refused it as they had advised. I now have no item and no refund. I have emailed Rakuten several times with no response. If I phone I get to speak to someone but it would appear that they say the right things and then do nothing about it!!

I will not shop with them again - it's not worth it!

"I purchased a DS4 controller via Rakuten from Shopto, I paid on the 8th Dec, it was supposedly dispatched on the 10th, It still hasn't arrived. I contacted Rakuten via their customers services (a misnomer if ever there was one) and received an automated reply promising a response in 24 hours, 72 hours later and still no response.

Once Rakuten have your money, they are not in the least interested, this was my first experience buying through them, needless to say it will also be my last.

I would avoid using Rakuten, at any cost.

modified review This review was modified by pozid on December 19 2014 07:21:59 AM

"3 weeks and counting... 9 emails and 1 phone call and still nobody will permanently close my account. I think they are trying to stall so that they can get their next quarterly fees of $99 from me.
After 9 emails to different depts (with no response back), I finally get a phone call. the lady said she was checking in on how I was doing with my selling... I asked her to close my account and she responded that she did not have the ability. I then asked her to transfer me to the right department. She said is located in another country and could not. So I asked for the number and of course, she did not have it...
I finally got hold of an employees email address and the person responded that I will contacted in 24 hours.... that was 5 days ago.....

modified review This review was modified by GenerationElectronics on December 15 2014 11:08:38 AM

"Super slow( three weeks), only part of the item I ordered were delivered.
Hard to contact.
Will have to resolve through paypal.

"No way to return mis-advertised product. Absolutely worst shopping experience, ever. I feel like I am back into USSR."

"Bought a Playstation Plus Membership through these guys a month ago. Never received it but yet I was billed. They told me to contact the seller who told me to contact them in a never ending loop. Turns out the good deal was too good to be true.

It said it was shipped, but when I went to check the tracking number it didn't register with UPS at all.

Share Rakuten's store rating

Rakuten is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Rakuten is a merchant member
Rakuten participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,891 merchant members.