Rail Europe Reviews - raileurope.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 3 reviews

Rail Europe is not a merchant member
Rail Europe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"First of all, know that I did not order my tickets through raileurope North America but from raileurope-world. However, I want as many travelers to know about the terrible service I received from RailEurope Europe, especially those planning to go abroad for a longer period of time. I ordered tickets to Italy while I was living In Germany. There was no option for electronic tickets (which is another issue in itself) so my tickets had to be delivered by mail. As their website and emails say, you cannot get on the train without your tickets. The night before my trip, I still had not received my tickets. I notified them of this the next day and they sent me a confirmation number, saying that my tickets were delivered to a completely different address (even though my address was submitted correctly). Obviously at this point, I could not go on my trip as I didn't have the tickets. I received a set of the tickets three days after my train left!!! I never received any apology from raileurope nor will they refund ANY of my money. They say I received my tickets and that is that. I even emailed them pictures of the ticket label that says when the tickets were delivered. They refuse to respond to my emails and claim this matter is closed. Not only was my trip ruined, but I was also not refunded the money! "

modified review This review was modified by Poppyseed04 on December 02 2013 10:32:51 PM

"You are lucky if raileurope.com only marks up your rail tickets by 10% like it said in the other review. My tickets were marked up over 80%. SNCF, the French national railway, owns tgv-europe.com, raileurope.com, and raileurope-world.com. The tickets on tgv-europe.com are the cheapest. However, if you are not careful, they will redirect you to one of the other sites where the tickets are much more expensive. raileurope.com always charges a $7.95 fee and they did not offer e-tickets for my itinerary. There is no reason at all to use them and my discovery of the many complaints about them on the Internet confirms this. They now have the honor being my worst Internet shopping experience out of all the sites I have shopped at and reviewed."

"The site is a reseller of tickets. They add about 10% to the cost + 7$ processing fee. But what is truly egregious is their return policy. They are as bad as the airlines. Also they do not provide you with an scannable electronic ticket that you can take straight to the train but force to print it out at the station.
On the plus side, the website is very well done and allows you to easily navigate schedules.

Just purchase tickets directly from Thalys, or Eurostar. you will get a better price and better customer service