• Radio Shack

Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"Purchased the Auvio Sound Box SBX24210.
The sound is only slightly better than from the TV alone, but I didn't expect Bose quality at this price.
My biggest problem is the total absence of customer service. My unit did not contain a owners manual, which I really want to make sure I'm getting full use of the unit. I think I hooked everything correctly, but I want to be sure.
Customer service does not answer phone or respond to e-mail. If they won't stand behind product, I would shop elsewhere!
BTW-- why no manual? I was told it was new; maybe it was open box! Otherwise , manual would be there! Did they charge me new price for open-box unit??
I would probably recommend this product if they stood behind it instead of disrespecting customers.

This review was modified by ConeyIslandJoel on March 13 2015 01:24:58 PM

"I ordered twice from Radio Shack last month. The first order consisted of 2 items, one item (mp3 player) under $25 and a filler item ~$1 to get the free shipping. I used the $10 off $20 coupon to get a good deal. Both items were in stock online at the time of the order. They shipped out the filler item immediately, but the actual item I wanted was never shipped out. I waited for a 3 days and contacted RS about the order. I was given the runaround game of "it will ship tomorrow" and "coming from a nearby store" changing to "coming from the warehouse" for a week. I made a final call to the CS and was told by a very rude man (Benjamin) that I have "not waited long enough. RS has one week to get the order processed and shipped out. You chose the cheap shipping option." I was slightly offended, and shortly after that I received the cancellation email stating that "the item is no longer in stock." Really? It took your company a WHOLE WEEK to check on inventory in year 2015? But I said, maybe things like this happen. I let it go but I was naive.

I ordered another mp3 player (~$30) thinking this time it should be okay. I placed my second order on 1/27. Again using the $10 off $20 coupon that I had received. The item is in stock online (and it still is). After one week of going back and forth with the CS, I was again given the runaround story of "it will ship tomorrow from the store", "it will come from the warehouse", and the final "those CS who told you these information should not have these information as it doesn't show on my screen where your order is coming from". So that was my cue to cancel the order and move on, stay away from Radio Shack. I made a request to cancel the order and received a cancellation request ID#. Now 3 days after the request to cancel the order, nothing has happened! RS will not send my order and they will not cancel my order. They are simply holding on to my money and delaying. I have never been so frustrated over online shopping. I ordered the same item from Amazon yesterday, received confirmation and it will be here tomorrow. They even had the cancel order button available on the order summary page until the item shipped! RS learn from Amazon because you just lost another customer for life. To all future shoppers, NEVER SHOP AT RADIOSHACK. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. Their reseller rating of 0.01 (at the time of this review) is not a joke. It is real. They are going BANKRUPT. Read about it.

If you have a problem, do not even bother because these Radio Shmacks wont help you.

"Radio Shack has just lost a customer for life over a $4-$5 dollar item. On 01-23-2014 I went to this radio shack to return a coax cable worth about $4-$5. I didn't have a receipt and was happy getting a store credit. But the lady behind the counter said she needed to find my exact purchase record in order to give the credit. Really? Then after waiting for her to search the system and her checking my credit cards, she said since my purchase was not within 30 days, I simply could not return the item. This item was brand new in the packaging, only a few dollars, and I can't get a store credit for it??? I just left the item on the counter and left without the credit. That's how much that item is worth. Radio Shack and this lady are ridiculous. In this market when every other company offers convenient anytime returns, no questions asked, Radio Shack is an atrocity to consumers. Save yourself from the "I don't care about you and don't need your business" attitude at Radio Shack, and go shop at Amazon, Target, Best Buy, etc., etc."

This review was modified by bendun on January 23 2015 01:33:02 PM

"I ordered several items from RadioShack for Christmas for my 5 year old son. They were supposed to have been sent on a 2 day shipping and guaranteed by Christmas Eve. My items did not arrive. Items were sent ground instead of 2 day, even though my order form showed 2 day shipping. Customer service rep did not care and would not let met speak to management."

This review was modified by purple1102 on January 13 2015 06:59:23 AM

"2 weeks and counting .... A tremendously long wait for item . In 2015? Really? No wonder this once-great retailer is on the ropes.
Sad.

"Garbage merchant. Shop here if you enjoy throwing money away. "

"I will NEVER buy anything from RadioShack.Com. On 11/27 I ordered an MP4 player on sale from RadioShack.Com (online) for $15 choosing ship to store. Since I got the exact same product from my nearby RadioShack store, I immediately called the customer service back within an hour and cancelled the order. They gave me a cancellation confirmation number and assured that my credit card wont be charged. On Dec 1st my credit card got charged and on Dec 5, I got an email saying my order is ready to pick up!! I was surprised and called back the CS number and this time they said the agent who attended the call made a mistake by giving me the confirmation number and that he did not know that an order once placed cannot be cancelled. Also they said it is as easy as accepting the package at the store and return it right there for a full refund.. Believing them the 2nd time, I went to the store on Dec 6 and the store manager said they don't have an option to accept a return for an online order even though the shipping label clearly says it can be returned to a store!! I said the CS agent told me that once I hand back the item to the store, they will immediately issue the return if the store manager call them and hence requested them to contact the customer service number. After a long conversation of utter confusions, the agent told the store manager that they will send the store a return shipping label via email and the store can return it and 'after' they receive the item, CS will issue the refund!! So I left the item at the store and followed up with the store on Dec 10th and found that they never got a shipping label!!! I have no clue what to do next since they are clearly pulling a trick to keep my money.
Shame on you RadioShack. I will never buy anything from them!! Scammers!!

"DO NOT order from radioshack.com if you want to get your package delivered before Christmas. After 10 Days I still haven't received my package!

I ordered extra items to qualify for free shipping. I would have been better off paying for better shipping. The website says you will get items in 3-5 business days. I called customer service & was told that even though it shipped within 12 hours, that I needed to allow 2 days for "processing" in addition to the 5 business days for shipping. In addition, in spite of the fact that both FedEx and USPS ship/deliver on Saturdays, we're not supposed to count those days either for calculation purposes. I was just told by USPS that I MIGHT get my package on Tuesday, nearly 2 full weeks after Radio Shack happily took my payment. USPS said that the way Radio Shack ships is the "lowest of the low" shipping option. The package has been within an hour of my house for the past 7 days.

Part of my order was for a work assignment. The rest, for a gift. I even offered to go pick it up, but can't. I asked for the package to be held at the post office, but the cheap shipping option doesn't allow for that. I routinely ship packages for work & have never had an issue upgrading them to expedited service mid-route, but that also wasn't an option either. I wish I had ordered from literally anywhere else. What a nightmare! Stay away from this merchant unless you want to spend weeks trying to track down your order!

This review was modified by iHateRadioShack on November 29 2014 01:14:07 PM

"I went to Radio Shack on 6th Avenue in Tacoma Washington and I have never experienced such rudeness and absolutely no customer service. I went to purchase a cell phone and wanted to keep my same number. I had a meeting and had to depart and the clerk advised me she would set up everything while I was gone. I offered to pay for the product and was told not pay until I get back. Upon my return the same clerk advised me that she could not activate my phone because I had no money on the phone. She further advised that it would take a few days in order to get my phone number and she was going on her lunch break. I returned to the store on Black Friday. I ask for the manager. The manager advised me in a very rude manner maybe she just did not know because she is new. I was then told I said I was sorry. It's okay if want to go to another store. As I was leaving the store the manager went up to the clerk and jokingly shook her finger at the clerk as they both started to laugh. This is my first experience in dealing with total lack of management and customer service. I cannot believe this behavior is tolerated by Radio Shack. I do not recommend this particular store to anyone because of this awful behavior."

"I have a really old phone but I'm in high school so I have been trying to get a new one. When I walked in to go get my phone it was there but not in my carriers brand. So I told them that the website said that this should be on sale and they told me no. But the thing that made me mad was that I called a week before and they told me that the phone would be on sell in this brand, and they told me that it was also the only brand that they sold which was a lie. They were so rude about it and so nonchalant about it which really pissed me off. So if you are ever going to get something from radio shack go in person first to see if they even have the phone that you want and then start to save up because they don't care if they crush your dreams. "

"on May-9, 2014, I walked into the store located at Northgate shopping mall of San Rafael, CA and left my Galaxy S4 phone there to replace the LCD(screen) because of water damage and asked them to keep my screen protector, they said OK. The next day, when I went to pick up my phone, I was told there was no screen protector on the old screen at all. How come? I told them I even can pull out my phone purchase receipt from T-Mobile system to prove I did buy the screen protector and there is no point I bought one, but didn't put it on. The store manager was really rude and treated customer with no nice at all. A few days later I called their district manager who is another rudest person I ever seen before. She kept arguing with me over the phone even though there was one there, they still can't transfer it from old screen to new screen. I said I was told it can be done, otherwise I won't ask for it. Then she changed her tongue saying initially the store people misunderstood me that I was talking about the screen case, not screen protector. What the hell are they talking about? Rudest store and people I never seen, DON'T go forever"

This review was modified by jevmors on May 16 2014 11:25:17 AM

"Never believe what a radio shack employee tells you. I was told the insurance plan I was getting for my phone from radio shack covered more than verizon's. When I tried to make a claim on my stolen phone is when they decided to mention they don't cover lost and stolen phones. Sounds like less to me. Be careful people these guys will tell you anything to get that commission."

This review was modified by jg2591 on March 14 2014 07:14:36 AM

"I ordered a Nintendo 3DS console online with free 2 day shipping. After 2 days I get an email from them saying the order was cancelled because the item is out of stock. Useless website with unaccurate inventory information. Will not ever order from them again online."

This review was modified by saleenadam1 on December 20 2013 04:40:17 AM

"This is for Radioshack.com! I would rate with no stars if I could. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! They have no compassion and are liars! I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 from them and it is damaged. They are sending me a new phone but have put a "hold" in my bank account for $400 and now my funds are not available. SPRINT WOULD NEVER DO THIS!. I understand that companies take your credit/bank card number as a guarantee but, to actually have your funds not available to you is just wrong. They should not touch the funds in any way unless the customer does not return the damaged phone. "Hold" or not, I have no money now and radioshack.com has put me in a horrible financial bind. When I told them my situation, all they say is "I'm sorry" and "I can't reverse the hold, it's impossible until I get the other phone back". Impossible? Really?!? I am not dumb, it is NOT impossible. They are just not going to do it period. RADIOSHACK.COM CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR IN LIFE AND DO NOT USE RADIOSHACK.COM.

FYI - Your 14 day return/exchange policy doesn't start the day you receive your phone. I starts the day you order your phone. So, if it takes 5 days for you to receive your phone, you really only have 9 days to return/exchange.

This review was modified by kalachucha on October 05 2013 12:34:05 PM

"If I had the option to give NO stars... I would! Radio Shack has a whole bunch of young kids working there that are full of lies just to get a commission sell. When I had a issue it was clear they were at fault and they did nothing to even try to resolve my issue. I even took it up as far as the Regional Manager. I am very disappointed and I nor you should ever shop at Radio Shack again!"

This review was modified by Myah on August 13 2013 08:14:07 AM

Share Radio Shack's store rating

Radio Shack is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!