Rack AttackCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 7.03/10 7.03/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.32/10 6.32/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.07/10 6.07/10

"Ordered item that they said was in stock but wasn't. I could have ordered from backcountry and had them by now. They called and said they would have them "in about a week". Called 2 weeks later, and they again said "in about a week". They haven't had it for 2 weeks, but the website still says they have it in stock! BEWARE! They fish you in with an order even if they know it isn't available. Called to complain and they were not very apologetic--they said there are asterisks and fine print that says they may not have the item even when they say it's in stock. The part of the order they did have in stock eventually came, but they never sent a tracking number. Very dissatisfied. Poor communication. Poor customer service."

Rack Attack, Rack Attack rep has responded

“I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad experience, this sort of issue is uncommon for us. I would like to assure you that we do not "fish you in with an order even if they know it isn't available". We try to be diligent and accurate with respect to current stock and accurate information on all items. But, as you can imagine, with over 3,000 skus and 11 locations selling both in-store and online, sometimes mistakes happen.

As for the attitude of the staff, that is unacceptable. I will not excuse curt behavior, and have passed this on to the general manager to deal with. Once again I am sorry you had such a terrible experience, but I hope the product you did get (albeit late) is treating you well.”

"I am extremely happy with the customer service. I purchased a Yakima Big Powderhound ski rack online and in the Comments section of the order I asked them to switch out the Corelocks on the rack with the same ones to match my current Yakima keys. I was not thinking that they would take this extra step to do this, but to my surprise the Corelocks were the ones that I requested! I think this shows that Rack Attack takes customer service seriously! I will definitely order more products from Rack Attack in the future and highly recommend them to others!"

Rack Attack, Rack Attack rep has responded

“Thank you for your purchase, and comment!”

"I purchased 2 Jaylow kayak racks from Rack Attack. Unfortunately I won't be mounting them until next spring but they arrived very quickly and appear to very well built. I'm sure they will work just great and look forward to using them in the spring...Thanks Pat"

"Excellent web site with clear information on products. My purchase shipped quickly and I was informed promptly. The merchandise arrived fast with FREE Shipping! Very pleased with my purchase and would do business again."

"I contacted for a trailer hitch installation & was told they needed to see the car.
Upon inspection I was told that due to rust it may take 4 hours but they would rather not attempt the job with out the proper tools & more importantly that they may decide that they would not be able to finish the job & that I would then have to ask someone else to finish the job!
When I complained they said 'but it's an old car' [yet I had told them the model/year on the Phone]
It looks to me they are cherry picking for the jobs that go will pay the most for the least amount of time/effort.
This possibility that they maybe 'couldn't' do it SHOULD have been told to me on the Phone -
but then again they probably figured that I would not have come to them for the job-so they chose rather that wasting my time was preferable to the loss of possible easy money.

Rack Attack, Rack Attack rep has responded

“I'm really sorry you feel like your time was wasted. The process with older cars is we have to see it in person, as the actual current condition of a car can range from mint to junker, regardless of age. Hitches are only as strong and secure as what they are attached to, and if there is significant rusting at the mounting locations (your frame rails on most vehicles, unless it's a unibody) we can not ensure a proper or safe fit. While we want to take every job, and not cherry pick, having a hitch fail on a customer is not something we ever want to deal with. While you may be upset now, if the load on your hitch bends or breaks the frame of your car you would be endlessly more upset that we installed the hitch in the first place.

I'm sorry we couldn't help you, I hope you can understand our actions now.”

"Bought a Yakima rack online and it shipped from the local store in Boston. Rack showed up with an obviously previously opened box. This was either due to this being a previously returned item or the fact that the local store tore open the box to put a small accessory I bought inside the rack box so they didn't have to pay additional packing and shipping costs (kind of a cheap move). The rack showed up with no accessories included no straps no keys no instructions. Rack Attack shipped me a loss box of replacement parts but this was an inconvenience. Rackattack blamed this on Yakima but I am sure it could have happened when they tore into the box to put the Tube Topper in.

I used the rack for a short trip, this rack wasn't worth half the price I paid for it, so I returned it in the complete previously torn into box (by Rack Attack). I have already provided a poor review of the product they sold me on their Web page but I am sure it won't be posted since it was a negative review. When I returned this rack they said it showed signed of use due to the poor design which is the reason a returned it and that the box was torn (again by Rack Attack), and that they would have to take 15% off my refund. Well they don't tell you they base the 15% off the refund on the list price of the item not the actually price you paid for the item. But then they base your refund on the price you paid for the item not the list price. HOW IS THIS A FAIR RETURN POLICY? They also only gave me the returned value of the current discounted price of the accessory I bought that was never opened, again not the price I paid. The amount they deducted from my purchase was 20% not 15%. No where on the website is any of this mentioned, the return policy only says that items need to be returned in original packing and in like new condition, but based on the hassles and poor design and function of the purchased product I think this return policy was very misleading. DO NOT BUY FROM RACK ATTACK VERY MISLEADING AND POOR RETURN POLICY.

Updated... Rackattack did refund my full amount, I have updated my rating accordingly. I just wish this was handled from the beginning when I returned this to the local store location.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-18-2014

Rack Attack, Rack Attack rep has responded

“Upon review a full refund was granted”

"They provided great fast shipping. Product came 2 weeks before estimated. Products were securely packaged. Only complaint is that there was no receipt in the box with the merchandise. "

"Very professional. When I made a mistake on my order I called the number shown online and a real person answered! He politely cancelled my order so that I could start over and correct my mistake on a re-order. Very happy with the Thule brand items we received from Rack Attack, and very happy with customer service. Would definitely recommend."

"I bought a bike carrier through Rack Attack via Amazon. They messed up the delivery and sent it to a different city in a different province. When I finally figured out what happened and why I didn't get the rack, they were incredibly unresponsive when I tried to contact them. When they did eventually contact me they did ship another rack to my address, however it will likely arrive about a month after I made the original order. This really messed up my plans. Not a pleasant experience."

"Great communication by email and very fast shipping. Product was exactly as described, overall very happy."

"I received the Thule 9001XT truck in in just over a week. - Great service!"

"Thanks for the quick reply, this is a great site and great prices, no where else could I find a roof rack for my 2013 Ram at a decent price, will be buying from here from now on.
Thanks again

Bob, On

"I went into the Framingham, MA store looking for a particular Thule bike rack for my truck. The follow there was more than happy to help me out, and knew immediately what I was looking for. Upon discovering they were out of stock, he offered me the next model up, for the same price!

Of course, as such things go, when he went to cash me out, the computers crashed. As I was on a schedule for an appointment, I offered to come back, but he said it was no problem, and instead used their on-line ordering system to get my transaction done!

If I find myself in need of another truck accessory, I'm definitely heading here first.

"I don't know how you did it, but I ordered a Yakima Swingdaddy yesterday afternoon, & it was delivered this morning. There was only 18 hours between ordering & delivery! Keep up the good work, & thank-you. "

"Great experience. I was able to use the fit tools to pick out almost everything I needed for my rack (Yakima's website didn't offer any fairings that would fit my car). Left a note in the comments saying I wanted it, and within 30 minutes of placing the order I received a phone call saying that a certain fairing would fit and would I like to add it to the order. Received the parts in ~3 days."

Rack Attack is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Rack Attack is a merchant member
Rack Attack participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,919 merchant members.