Stores > Rack Attack

Customer service: Rating 7.25/10 7.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.5/10 8.5/10

2016-12-02

One Star Too Many

"After repeated emails that have not been answered, and 45+ days without the order being shipped, the only thing Rack Attack has accomplished is getting their payment from Paypal. They managed to do that within 24 hours, but have accomplished nothing resembling customer service. The only reply they managed was to send me a tracking number I already had; one that still shows that the label was printed on October 17. UPS has seen nothing since then. My next step is to get Paypal to get back the payment that Rack Attack has done nothing to deserve, much like the one star that is the lowest possible rating."

This review was modified by 42notusingitagain on December 02 2016 06:18:30 PM

2016-12-02

Great Shoping Experience

"Very well thought out and very easy to match products to your vehicle. Customer service via phone was very friendly and helpful.

Only complaint is the shopping cart. If you don't order within a few minutes, you may come back to the site only to find your cart empty. Yes they will send you an email with the contents of your cart so you can re-initiate, but I don't see the point. Between interruptions while shopping I had to start over at least 6 times (Meaning I never referred back to the email they sent. This took me a while to understand since no other site I have shopped on has ever had this feature). Very annoying.

2016-12-01

Great Customer Service, but condition of product is questionable

"Spent time on the phone speaking with employees at the Mississauga and Toronto stores who were both very helpful and answered all my questions. My delivery was made within 3 days of my order, which I was very impressed by. However, when I opened the retaped box, the box contained excess cardboard and plastic bags (one of the bags even had a Thule sticker in it). I noticed that the back of the cargo box had the Rack Attack sticker attached to it (I was not aware that this was being done, and would have preferred it not). What concerned me most was the number of scratches on the inside of the cargo box and on the bottom half of the outside of the box. I'm hoping that the excellent customer service will continue as I address these concerns with them."

This review was modified by Domi-fan on December 01 2016 06:42:36 PM

2016-11-19

Best Rack Shop in Portland

"Peter and his crew at Rack Attack Portland helped me out big time with a rocket box. They were friendly and knowledgeable about their product and knew exactly what I needed for my travels as a ski racer. They set me up with a Thule Sonic XXL that has been one of my favorite tools on long road trips, I can fit all 10 pairs of skis in it and still have room for a couple bags! Great costumer service and a fast intall, they had me out the door in 15 minutes. I highly recommend these guys to anybody looking for a sports rack. Thanks guys! I really appreciate!"

2016-11-19

Thanks to Rack Attack, I am ready for Ski Season!

"I was having trouble finding parts for an old Yakima Ski box. I emailed Rack Attack, because I couldn't find parts anywhere, and they were also not listed on their site. Within a short time my email was answered, saying that although they didn't have the exact parts, some customers had luck using Thule parts that are similar. I was provided a link, thought the parts looked good, ordered, and received the parts in two days!... With a minor adjustment I had the box on my car THAT night! 2 days later, snow arrived!!

2016-10-29

Expert Service, Friendly Atmosphere, & The Best Racks in Town

"I came in on a Saturday (10/8/16) completely clueless and left very well informed. The extremely helpful staff got me the right product, the first time, and were so friendly about it. I was looking for some clips for an older model OEM Volvo Thule system for my 1998 Volvo S70. Not only did they know exactly what I needed but they helped me install it. Their staff is well trained, very professional, and super laid back. I will definitely be back when I need clips or other accessories for my other systems."

2016-10-26

RackAttack customer service is A++++

"I live in Quebec City and bought 2 sets of WB400 Kayak Cradles for my car as they were on sale.

When the kits arrived, on of them had an issue. I contacted them and they ordered right away a new kit for me. Replacement came to my home within 4 days. The new cradle was correct.

I want to thank you for your time and the great customer service you gave me. This is very much appreciated.

If in the future I need more things for my car or my relatives, I won't hesitate to buy from you.

Again this is my first experience with RackAttack and it won't be my last.

This review was modified by dardano on October 26 2016 07:58:18 AM

2016-09-20

Entreprise très consciencieuse .

"Le 8 août 2016 j'ai commandé en ligne chez Rack Attack deux articles identiques.
Le 1er septembre soit 23 jours plus tard je reçois seulement un article mais je suis facturé pour deux, le 5 septembre je contacte par courriel le service mais je ne reçois pas de réponse donc le 9 septembre je contacte par téléphone le service qui m'indique que le deuxième article a été expédié la veille. Le 13 septembre je reçois un article que je n'ai jamais commandé. Depuis ce temps je ne réussis plus à contacter Rack Attack. Aujourd'hui le 26 septembre j'ai reçu mon deuxième article, je croyais ne jamais le recevoir, donc je donne une chance à Rack Attack et je révise à la hausse mon évaluation. Le 30 septembre je reçois un courrier de Rack Attack m'indiquant que mes frais de transport de 20.00$ me seront remboursés comme dédommagement pour les inconvénients ainsi que des excuses, donc je révise encore une fois mon évaluation en tenant compte du fait que cette entreprise mets beaucoup d'efforts à s'améliorer.

This review was modified by yolclout on October 01 2016 06:58:04 AM

2016-07-30

Golf R Happy Camper

"Ordered a roof rack and cargo box, both came surprisingly quick before due delivery dates. No damage to either during shipping both products as promised except there were no keys to unlock the rack covers, called customer service and they have already sent 4 new barrels and 2 keys free of charge to replace."

2016-07-15

Rack Attack made it right

"On 12/9/2011 I ordered a roof rack and cargo carrier system for my 2009 Subaru WRX. I had some concerns about it arriving in time for an upcoming road trip to Oregon so I called in and was assured it would be delivered at least a couple of days before I need it (I live in California). The order did not show up in time and I was forced to stuff my family and all of our things in the car. When I called them again to complain I was transferred to a manager. I explained that the package had not arrived. He assured me it would be delivered that day, however I had already left. Once he heard I was going to be in Portland he offered to install what I had purchased in their shop for free, they would give me prepaid shipping labels and I could return the other set once I got home in two weeks. I called my neighbor and asked them to stash it for me while I was away. In the end they did a good job on the install and they made things right."

This review was modified by mattspratt on July 15 2016 04:54:24 PM

2016-06-29

Not what i'm used to! Very Disappointed!

"Was getting ready for a 4th of July weekend trip and placed an order online (rackattack.com) on 6/22 which should've been plenty of time. All items were "in stock". About a week goes by and no shipping notification. I email rackattack customer service twice in two days and get no response. On the phone, I am finally told that several items are out of stock and none of the items were shipped. This is a terrible experience, IMO. First, the site should've told me items were out of stock. Second, why does it take two emails and a phone call to find out my order wasn't being shipped because items were out of stock. Very disappointed, especially since I've ordered from rackattack in the past and had zero issues. They are either growing too fast or are losing site of the customer experience. I guess i'll be shopping on Amazon going forward."

This review was modified by JRNYC05 on June 29 2016 08:06:03 AM

2016-05-04

No surprises

"Found exactly what I needed, got free shipping, arrived as advertised in 2 days. I couldn't ask for more. "

This review was modified by zyg0tic on May 04 2016 01:14:17 PM

2015-11-18

"Rack Attack was awesome to work with! I called with questions and all my questions were answered quickly. I really liked that while picking kayak J cradles they told me why the cradles I thought I would get were not a good choice due to issues with the folding mechanism. Thank you for taking care of your Customer by sharing that knowledge. One last point of awesomeness my roof racks are coming from one company, and my cradles from another. They made sure that one key would work with all locks. Again awesome thinking of the customer! They even called me at home separately to confirm that they were sending me the one key system. Awesome if I need more accessories for my roof rack I will only go to Rack Attack "

This review was modified by Vanelil on November 18 2015 06:38:31 AM

2015-11-12

"I ordered two of the ski racks for the wall that each hold 3 pairs of skiis.
They arrived quickly and were in excellent condition. It was a little tricky getting the wrapping off because they weren't in a box, they were shrink wrapped about 50 times them covered in packing tape. Just had to be very careful unpacking them not to cut the product. easy installation, quality product.

This review was modified by questionable72 on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-10-25

"Got the Yakima 42 in with plusnuts, with 58 in round bars, control towers w landing pads. Easy instructions to follow -put them on myself- little nerve racking drilling into your hood, but went smooth. My 08 yaris hatchback doesn't look as girly anymore rolling little tougher now. Dudes at shop were nice answered all my ?'s and made sure ordered all right stuff. shipped same day would highly recommend"

Share Rack Attack's store rating

Rack Attack is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Rack Attack is a merchant member
Rack Attack participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,607 merchant members.